Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » So was it, as was being predicted, the game-changer?

124»

Comments

• Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012

Osborne's budget speech in 2010 for those who would like to see if he has met the targets he set:

.. remembering TO ADJUST FOR THE EXTERNAL FACTORS WHICH NO-ONE EXPECTED, of course. You wouldn't be so stupid as to forget to do that, would you?
    And what factors would those be ?

Greece and the Euro I suppose.

Which were already in crisis months before the 2010 general election.

As mentioned by George Osborne himself in January 2010:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8489984.stm

You wouldn't be so stupid as to try to rewrite history would you ?

The Eurozone descended into recession, which would have affected any government. When was Hollande elected?
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012

Cyclefree said:

Roger said:

I've just looked at the budget in more detail. I quite like the idea of removing child benefit from the 4th child. The money would be much better spent in helping with child minding for the first three. Apparently the carbon footprint of a British child is 66 times greater than most African ones.

Though I don't much like Cameron look what a monster the Israelis have just landed

Personally I'd limit child benefit to the first child only.

I'm up for scrapping it altogether. Although, I could be persuaded for the first two children up to the age of 5 (where they start school) for those earning less than £50k.

Probably £8-10bn of savings there straight away.
    Phase out rather than scrap?
    9 months notice?
This discussion has been closed.