Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Some interesting poll findings

13»

Comments

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,056
    Mr. Eagles, you're like an elf who commutes to Mordor.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

Grandiose said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

£3 billion of repairs for parliament needed!, move it 'op north:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wentworth_Woodhouse

Historic setting and probably could be turned into the parliament for under a hundred million ;)

Do you know if there is a nominal backup site for Parliament, if the first were bombed or something?
    I'm sure there is, I know several sites for other bits of government. However this one I don't! In the war, Stratford-upon-Avon was mooted, but even after the Commons chamber was bombed they stayed local.
    Harrogate was a wartime fallback.
    Harrogate was also selected in John Wyndham's 'The Kraken Wakes' when London got flooded out.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,183

Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

Historic setting and probably could be turned into the parliament for under a hundred million ;)

Do we actually need a parliament any more?

In a few years, we'll probably be making policy via wiki edit.
    When I become Directly Elected Dictator, I will abolish the Commons and Lords, and set up a Senate in Sheffield or Manchester
    What's wrong with Bristol? Or the traditional site of Winchester?
  • Options

Syrian intelligence HQ in Aleppo hit by big explosion and gun attack, causing many casualties, monitors say

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-31730249

These days I don't know whether to cheer or curse (or both).
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,747
    Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

You joke - but we (The Pirate Party) are currently crowd-sourcing our 2015 Policy Manifesto. If you want to suggest a policy - get involved and send it to us / discuss it on Reddit or our community forums. :-)

Details here: https://pirateparty.org.uk/Policy-2015
  • Options

Pong said:

Pulpstar said:

When I become Directly Elected Dictator, I will abolish the Commons and Lords, and set up a Senate in Sheffield or Manchester
    What's wrong with Bristol? Or the traditional site of Winchester?
    To far down South for me. I plan to rule from the North.
  • Options
    King Cole, isn't Winchester both small and nice? It could be ruined by having politicians inflicted upon it.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    weejonnie said:

Grandiose said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Do you know if there is a nominal backup site for Parliament, if the first were bombed or something?
    I'm sure there is, I know several sites for other bits of government. However this one I don't! In the war, Stratford-upon-Avon was mooted, but even after the Commons chamber was bombed they stayed local.
    Harrogate was also selected in John Wyndham's 'The Kraken Wakes' when London got flooded out.
    Hitler planned on ruling the UK from Leeds.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Ashcroft polling - keep an eye on his survey dates. I expect most of them will precede The Great Crossover, so look for results to be consistent with c. 1% Labour leads nationally.
  • Options
    Mr. Watcher, the Romans had York (then Eboracum) as capital of Northern Britain.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,081

weejonnie said:

Grandiose said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Sorry, for some reason that reminds me of the old Mike Harding joke that Hitler didn't bomb Wath-on-Dearne because he wanted to be able to see where he had been.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @TheScreamingEagles
    "To far down South for me. I plan to rule from the North"

Be careful of your definition of "North"
    To lose one eagle might be considered careless, two.....?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,058

Ashcroft polling - keep an eye on his survey dates. I expect most of them will precede The Great Crossover, so look for results to be consistent with c. 1% Labour leads nationally.

You'd expect them to be consistent with what would have been a 2% national lead if you look through the looking glass of England as they've lost 1% of the vote in Scotland so to make up the same position in national polls will necessarily have to have it added on in England.

^_~
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,355
    Have to disagree with Patrick's comments this morning about Scotland, Quebec is in many respects even more different from Canada than Scotland is to the UK, and yet in 1993 the Quebec nationalists won 49% of the vote at the Canadian general election and over 50 seats, yet in the second independence referendum in 1995 the No side still won 51-49%
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291

Apols if this has already been posted, made me laugh.

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 5 hrs5 hours ago
    Cameron asks how many MPs are going to put Ed M on their leaflets. Scot Nats all put their hands up #pmqs #GE2015

No reason for the targeted morons to vote SNP but they sure as hell hate that North London intellectual. Silly, negative , puerile, SNP.
    Lib Dems put both Eds on a recent leaflet directly mailed to me.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Apols if this has already been posted, made me laugh.

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers 5 hrs5 hours ago
    Cameron asks how many MPs are going to put Ed M on their leaflets. Scot Nats all put their hands up #pmqs #GE2015

No reason for the targeted morons to vote SNP but they sure as hell hate that North London intellectual. Silly, negative , puerile, SNP.
    Lib Dems put both Eds on a recent leaflet directly mailed to me.
    They did here as well
  • Options

weejonnie said:

Grandiose said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I always knew he wasn't of sound mind. Now if it had been Newcastle . . .
  • Options

Mr. Watcher, the Romans had York (then Eboracum) as capital of Northern Britain.

When they split Britain into 4 provinces the capitals were London, Cirencester, Lincoln and York.

Logically* London is out because it is too close to the current Parliament, Cirencester is too southern and rich and York is out because the Yorkshire folk are too full of themselves already and would be even more intolerable if they had Parliament as well.

Which logically means Lincoln is the only viable alternative.

(*by which I mean not to be taken seriously at all)
  • Options
    @_katedevlin: Latest #Ashcroft polls released soon will include seat of David Mundell - the only Tory MP in Scotland...
  • Options
    Mr. Tyndall, you're lucky I've got work to do or I'd unleash the enormo-haddock upon thee.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited March 2015
    O look another broadcaster airing yet another anti-UKIP programme:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2979177/Meet-dominatrix-believes-Nigel-Farage-sent-god-save-foreign-invasion.html

I am sure there will be programmes on the LibLabCon in due course. Obviously not, as all of their suporters are perfect.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,991

@_katedevlin: Latest #Ashcroft polls released soon will include seat of David Mundell - the only Tory MP in Scotland...

Werent they released at 5.19?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

An according to who do the rules not apply? You because they do not suit your worldview?

It's called a debate.

You are stating your views, I am stating mine.

I doubt either of us have any impact on the final outcome
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,469
    Panda time coming up..

Kate Devlin ‏@_katedevlin 9m9 minutes ago
    Latest #Ashcroft polls released soon will include seat of David Mundell - the only Tory MP in Scotland...
  • Options

Mr. Tyndall, you're lucky I've got work to do or I'd unleash the enormo-haddock upon thee.

:-)
  • Options

Panda time coming up..

Latest #Ashcroft polls released soon will include seat of David Mundell - the only Tory MP in Scotland...

Am I going to have to head up to Edinburgh zoo and shoot the pandas ?
  • Options

Panda time coming up..

I have polled the zoo and found 1 panda amongst a sample of half the animals.
  • Options

Panda time coming up..

That's odd.

I polled the zoo and found 0 pandas amongst a sample of half the animals...
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Charles said:

Panda time coming up..

That's odd.

According to Sunil's ELBOW that means there is half a panda in the zoo .
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Pulpstar said:

Panda time coming up..

Am I going to have to head up to Edinburgh zoo and shoot the pandas ?
    Fascinating, I wonder if all 3 border constiturncies have been polled.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

weejonnie said:

Grandiose said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

So did Brian Clough.
  • Options
    Why the delay? Just how long does it take to pull numbers out of a hat?

I predict Libdems on 6 7/8ths.

• Options

Charles said:

Panda time coming up..

That's odd.

:)
  • Options

Charles said:

Panda time coming up..

That's odd.

I think that means the leopards have achieved crossover.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Have to disagree with Patrick's comments this morning about Scotland, Quebec is in many respects even more different from Canada than Scotland is to the UK, and yet in 1993 the Quebec nationalists won 49% of the vote at the Canadian general election and over 50 seats, yet in the second independence referendum in 1995 the No side still won 51-49%

That was the second referendum which increased the independence vote from the first referendum. If Scotland had a second referendum and the same swing happened then it would be a clear vote for independence.
  • Options
    NumbrCrunchrPolitics ‏@NCPoliticsUK

There is a national poll in store, as well as well as the seat polls
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Lib dems have a Scottish PPB tonight.

To think these could be the last PPBs the Scottish Lib Dems get to do.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Why the delay? Just how long does it take to pull numbers out of a hat?

I predict Libdems on 6 7/8ths.

His lordship's publication times are snapshots, not predictions.
  • Options

NumbrCrunchrPolitics ‏@NCPoliticsUK

There is a national poll in store, as well as well as the seat polls

So much excitement, so much cash tied up with bookies !
  • Options
    Is this one of his weird ones that is part phone part online?
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Is this one of his weird ones that is part phone part online?
    Bloody hell.
  • Options
    Charles said:

An according to who do the rules not apply? You because they do not suit your worldview?

It's called a debate.

You are stating your views, I am stating mine.

I doubt either of us have any impact on the final outcome
    Except of course I am quoting Ofcom's rules (who will have significant influence on the final outcome) to support my case but whatever......
  • Options
    This is the life, following a presentation via photos on Twitter.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

Panda watch.

• Options

Who's account?
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Alistair said:

Who's account?
    Several.

@SamCoatesTimes
    @NCPoliticsUK
    @wallaceme
    @GoodwinMJ
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,037
    RobD said:

Grandiose said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I believe Lambeth Town Hall was used during the war. In the Civil War, the Royalist parliament met in Christ Church Oxford, but it was a whole lot smaller (but maybe that is a hint).

How can Lambeth Town Hall fit in all the MPs and Peers, makes you wonder how big the council was ;)
    It might have been just the Lords that sat at Lambeth, with the Commons occupying their chamber at Westminster

• Options
    Feel

Feel sorry for the poor sod that has to write a thread on this.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Alistair It did increase the independence vote, but the independence side still lost, and the only reason Quebec had a slightly higher No vote in 1980 was because of a huge gaffe by Yes backer and TV presenter Lise Payette stating the No side wanted a nation of compliant 'Yvettes' (a docile schoolgirl from Quiet Revolution books) and included the No leader's wife in the term. The polls had been neck and neck until that point, the No campaign then held big rallies with women voters and built a clear lead followed by a Brown-like 'vow' from Trudeau
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_referendum,_1980

In the end the 40.44% Yes vote in Quebec in 1980 was not that different anyway to the 44.7% Yes vote in Scotland
  • Options
    Only 1 in 5 feel like they have benefited from recovery, Labour ahead on cost of living.

But 40 per cent think we need more austerity.
  • Options
    Clegg = Tom Cruise lol
  • Options
    Lord A's polls would benefit from a countdown.

All the best reveals do so .... :smile:
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Clegg = Tom Cruise lol

The Last Samurai ??

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Clegg = Tom Cruise lol

Went into coalition with his eyes wide shut?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Makes you glad you lived this long...
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,037

RobD said:

Grandiose said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I believe Lambeth Town Hall was used during the war. In the Civil War, the Royalist parliament met in Christ Church Oxford, but it was a whole lot smaller (but maybe that is a hint).

How can Lambeth Town Hall fit in all the MPs and Peers, makes you wonder how big the council was ;)
    It might have been just the Lords that sat at Lambeth, with the Commons occupying their chamber at Westminster

Alternatively they could sit outside, there is bench seating installed at Thingvellir, presumably so that the Althing can still sit there if it so desires.

• Options
    May2015 ‏@May2015NS

Ashcroft: 4 Tory-Lab marginals & 8 from Scotland.
  • Options
    Ross Skye—5% SNP LEAD
    Aberdeenshire West—14% SNP
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Dumfriesshire (Tory held)—TIED

My comment - do Labour voters back the SNP to kick out the Tories?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,725

Charles said:

Panda time coming up..

That's odd.

"Those Tories you sold me, they won't mate. They just walk around eating and not mating. You sold me... queer Tories. I want my money back." :naughty:
  • Options
    Ayr—11% SNP
    Dumfries—4% SNP
    Renfrewshire E (MURPHY'S SEAT)— 1% LAB LEAD
  • Options
    Vale of Glamorgan is one of the "JackW Dozen" and this poll is completely in line with the projection of a comfortable Con HOLD.
  • Options
    Gravy, on at 9-2 in Gord's old seat.
  • Options
    Murphy holds on, just, though Brown's seat goes SNP
  • Options
    High Peak and Norwich North 1% Labour leads, Colne Valley 1% Tory lead, Vale of Glamorgan 6% Tory lead
  • Options
    With the election just weeks away why is Lord A still not polling with named candidates !!
  • Options
    I can't possibly see how SLAB is holding Edinburgh East btw.
  • Options
    New thread
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Dair said:

Dumfriesshire (Tory held)—TIED

My comment - do Labour voters back the SNP to kick out the Tories?

YES!!!
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,924
    Pleased I got on the SNP on Kirkcaldy!
  • Options
    Ayr Carrick, Cumnock 5-4 with Hills.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Ed is stuffed.

Looks like Farage ain't in either
  • Options