Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The great methodology divide: All the CON leads are from ph

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,751
    edited March 2015
    Lord Ashcroft's marginals polls out on Wednesday is both Scottish and English seats
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044

Lord Ashcroft's marginals polls out on Wednesday is both Scottish and English seats

That will tell us the real picture I think.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,954
    edited March 2015
    Wonder where Rod's gone? :smiley:
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029
    edited March 2015
    philiph said:

Come on Sunil, off your arse and show us your Elbow for the week so far............
    And the month.......

Well, I'm showing a crossover:

http://goo.gl/9RfFdf

;)

Edit - it is only based on five polls, so as they say "just a bit of fun"
  • Options
    edited March 2015

His Lordship is spoiling us this week! :open_mouth:

• Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

Awesome.
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Smarmeron said:

Breaking from the Pragmatic Communist Party.

World production is finite, debt is infinite.
    We are looking for a new constitution to take into account this amazing fact.
    Please help?

Debt is not infinite.
    Sooner or later someone will smash your kneecaps.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

It is going to be a stellar week.

I feel it in my fingers, I feel it in my toes
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Dair said:

Dair said:

All of which is completely irrelevant. You made a claim - one of a number - which I have shown to be utterly false. Making another, completely different, claim has no bearing on the discussion. Like all of your numbers so far particularly those related to trade and the EU you have been shown to be talking out of your backside.

Ah so on top of your lie about UK BoP you now think Scotland providing 30% of UK Beef from 8.3% of the population is irrelevant. I actually feel sorry for you Kippers, you are doomed to either get what you don't want or get what you DO want and end up in penury.

But hey, keep making up numbers and lying about what you wait the previous day. I'm sure every Kipper will believe you. Shame they are already Kippers and aren't adding to your deranged mob.
    Yes it is irrelevant. It's a single food product that you are cherry picking. That's like saying that the proportion of whisky that Scotland produces is equivalent to the proportion of all production in the UK.

Forget about beef that isn't even all meat let alone all food.
    Yeah so irrelevant when I go to Sainsburys there is a whole aisle of Beef against a split isle for Pork and Lamb. But it isn't just Beef. Almost every quoted item was higher than the 8.3% population share.
    You will be talking about Welsh Lamb next.

As it is
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-28874563
    ''Experts have published an action plan to tackle livestock declines and low profitability in the beef industry.''
    Beef is the ''single biggest farming sector and makes up more than a quarter of Scottish agricultural output.
    That is why it is so essential that [Scottish] government, industry organisations and beef producers work together to overcome the challenges the sector is facing - which include declining livestock numbers and low profitability''

Please note that I am not pathologically opposed to the EU (in the same way that you are pathologically anti English) but all this stems according to the BBC from CAP reforms.
  • Options

Best polls for Tories for a while.

We have been here before will it last more than a day this time?

It already has! Haven't you noticed BJO ..... the Tories are winning poll after poll after poll?
    No I haven't noticed a consecutive 2 days of Tory leads

Did i miss something?

No you didnt miss anything

Poll after poll after poll in PB Tory language = 1 Ashcroft Poll
    which no one takes seriously given their weird fluctuations and
    a single You Guv poll

Labour were ahead or level in all polls for the previous five days!!
    "poll after poll" = Yougov (poll) after Ashcroft (poll), technically accurate.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

#thisisit

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    liarpoliticians (@liarpoliticians)
    02/03/2015 15:07
    .@NickyMorgan01's crap reply to @DouglasCarswell's question on selective state schools and social mobility (02Mar15) youtube.com/watch?v=Cb6s4M…
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,339
    Give shoplifters softer sentences if they steal from top stores - Labour MP: David Lammy says luxury shops such as Fortnam and Mason can absorb losses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2976526/Give-shoplifters-softer-sentences-steal-stores-Labour-MP-David-Lammy-says-luxury-shops-Fortnam-Mason-absorb-losses.html
  • Options
    coolagornacoolagorna Posts: 127
    RobD said:

It already has! Haven't you noticed BJO ..... the Tories are winning poll after poll after poll?

Did i miss something?

a single You Guv poll

He said poll after poll after poll...thats three

Technically inaccurate

• Options
    Dair said:

All of which is completely irrelevant. You made a claim - one of a number - which I have shown to be utterly false. Making another, completely different, claim has no bearing on the discussion. Like all of your numbers so far particularly those related to trade and the EU you have been shown to be talking out of your backside.

Ah so on top of your lie about UK BoP you now think Scotland providing 30% of UK Beef from 8.3% of the population is irrelevant. I actually feel sorry for you Kippers, you are doomed to either get what you don't want or get what you DO want and end up in penury.

But hey, keep making up numbers and lying about what you wait the previous day. I'm sure every Kipper will believe you. Shame they are already Kippers and aren't adding to your deranged mob.
    He didn't lie, you misread
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

#thisisit

Mike's on holiday and I'm in the hot seat.

#I'mFilledToTheBrimWithGirlishGlee
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,629
    Mike's bar chart in the thread header needs updating :)
  • Options
    DavidL said:

YouGov/Sun poll tonight: 3 point Tory lead, biggest since Jan '12. CON 35%, LAB 32%, UKIP 15%, LD 7% GN 6%. Genuine movement or just a blip?

That lot adds up to 95%. Do people think that might be a bit high?
    Well since the SNP have been hovering around 4% of the UK figure it does seem to be yes. Although a lot more of what used to be others are now getting a name check.
    Yougov summed to 5% for the rest yesterday - BNP was 2% in 2010, that should decline to pretty much 0. Also Respect and so forth won't really be picked up in a national poll.
  • Options

RobD said:

Did i miss something?

a single You Guv poll

He said poll after poll after poll...thats three

Technically inaccurate

I think it was a premonition of the upcoming TNS poll which will show the blues in the lead ;)
  • Options
    Beach rescue: Ukip press spokesman pulls candidate from Margate sands

Gawain Towler, the press spokesman for the UK Independence Party, ended up hauling Sam Gould, one of its parliamentary candidates, off the beach in Margate

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11444848/Beach-rescue-Ukip-press-spokesman-pulls-candidate-from-Margate-sands.html

Wooophs.
  • Options
    philiph said:

Come on Sunil, off your arse and show us your Elbow for the week so far............
    And the month.......

Off my ARSE??? Of my ARSE?? That's Jack W's specialty!

Actually I need to wait till tomorrow for YG tables.

Just the Populus and Ashcroft averaged gives Tories a 0.5% lead, but...BUT ELBOWing the two polls give Lab a 0.5% lead!
  • Options

philiph said:

And the month.......

Just the Populus and Ashcroft averaged gives Tories a 0.5% lead, but...BUT ELBOWing the two polls give Lab a 0.5% lead!
    I hope you up-weighted the most noble Lord's poll due to its clear Gold Standard status?
  • Options

Dair said:

Dair said:

Yes it is irrelevant. It's a single food product that you are cherry picking. That's like saying that the proportion of whisky that Scotland produces is equivalent to the proportion of all production in the UK.

Yeah so irrelevant when I go to Sainsburys there is a whole aisle of Beef against a split isle for Pork and Lamb. But it isn't just Beef. Almost every quoted item was higher than the 8.3% population share.
    You will be talking about Welsh Lamb next.

As it is
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-28874563
    ''Experts have published an action plan to tackle livestock declines and low profitability in the beef industry.''
    Beef is the ''single biggest farming sector and makes up more than a quarter of Scottish agricultural output.
    That is why it is so essential that [Scottish] government, industry organisations and beef producers work together to overcome the challenges the sector is facing - which include declining livestock numbers and low profitability''

Please note that I am not pathologically opposed to the EU (in the same way that you are pathologically anti English) but all this stems according to the BBC from CAP reforms.
    I'm not stupid enough to believe the "industry that wants government money says give us government money because we're poor/broke/important". I prefer the numbers afterwards.

And to a great extent I include the oil industry in that.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    RobD said:

philiph said:

And the month.......

I hope you up-weighted the most noble Lord's poll due to its clear Gold Standard status?
    It's not my fault he has such a small sample :naughty: :
  • Options
    I've decided to bring back the smiling Daves, and the smiling Eds, for one week only.
  • Options

I've decided to bring back the smiling Daves, and the smiling Eds, for one week only.

Just no more smiling Gordons!
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193
    Dair said:

Awesome.
    Everything is Awesome....

• Options

RobD said:

philiph said:

And the month.......

His samples are like the precious gems of the polling industry. ;)
  • Options
    edited March 2015

RobD said:

philiph said:

And the month.......

If the polls continue on like this, I might allow you to vote Lab in Ilford North, because Lee Scott should be safe
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

I remember when there used to be a dockside hooker of smiley Daves. It seems many years ago now.
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    To whom on PB do Tories apply for permission to feel a little happier this evening?
  • Options
    notme said:

I remember when there used to be a dockside hooker of smiley Daves. It seems many years ago now.
    I think the record was 28 smiling Daves
  • Options

Dair said:

Awesome.
    Everything is Awesome....

Robbed. But not as badly as the movie itself.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @isam
    "Poor and economically impoverished country spawns really bad health outcomes!" Screams the headline in the Daily Fail!
    Then again, possibly not
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293

notme said:

There was even talk of a collective noun to describe the potential scottish smiley daves.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Dair said:

Dair said:

Utterly irrelevant. When I go to Tesco there is aisle after aisle of fruit and veg. There is a quarter of an aisle for beef.

You could draw up a list of whatever tractor stats you want to cherry pick. Why not draw a list of what proportion of onions, apples, strawberries etc are produced? Rather than lumping all fruit and veg into a single category and then banging on about a single meat product?

Either provide stats for ALL agriculture combined or stop with irrelevant gibberish.
  • Options
    notme said:

notme said:

There was even talk of a collective noun to describe the potential scottish smiley daves.
    A surge?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,684
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b054f7qp

If anyone wants a better understanding of why Japan is fucked they should watch this programme. Everything about the executives can apply to any major Japanese company, minus the accounting scandal of course.

It is a really, really informative watch. It is also very reminiscent of UK management to me as well.

How this and that EU crap from last week are from the same series is quite baffling.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

philiph said:

And the month.......

The YG sample should push the Tory total out in front!
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596

Dair said:

Dair said:

Utterly irrelevant. When I go to Tesco there is aisle after aisle of fruit and veg. There is a quarter of an aisle for beef.

You could draw up a list of whatever tractor stats you want to cherry pick. Why not draw a list of what proportion of onions, apples, strawberries etc are produced? Rather than lumping all fruit and veg into a single category and then banging on about a single meat product?

Either provide stats for ALL agriculture combined or stop with irrelevant gibberish.
    My supermarket has a whole aisle for tofu and related products. Some of the beans are GM and come from Brazil. Just while we're sharing
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

philiph said:

And the month.......

Just rejoice at that news!
  • Options

RobD said:

philiph said:

And the month.......

If the polls continue on like this, I might allow you to vote Lab in Ilford North, because Lee Scott should be safe
    Very well, we shall see :)
  • Options

Dair said:

Dair said:

My supermarket has a whole aisle for tofu and related products. Some of the beans are GM and come from Brazil. Just while we're sharing
    Thailand almost bankrupted itself with ill-advised rice subsidies.

Agriculture is a fascinating business indeed
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

If anyone wants a better understanding of why Japan is fucked they should watch this programme. Everything about the executives can apply to any major Japanese company, minus the accounting scandal of course.

It is a really, really informative watch. It is also very reminiscent of UK management to me as well.

How this and that EU crap from last week are from the same series is quite baffling.

Hey don't knock Japan. As a "major first world economy" they've managed to get about four times the per capita Debt that Greece has managed. That's pretty impressive they can do that before facing reality.

Britain is far more indebted than Greece but can probably do another trillion before it all goes pear shaped.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

philiph said:

And the month.......

Just rejoice at that news!
    Never! Never! Never! :blush:
  • Options
    while india is attempting to distribute rice to the poor. Not clear how this is affecting agricultural production though

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_distribution_system
  • Options

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    Labour could lose Dumfries and Galloway y'know.
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Just for a bit of fun - remember, this is just for a bit of fun! - I guesstimated the YG sample size to be 1300, and plugging in the percentages, Cons are 1.0% ahead in ELBOW across all three of today's polls!

:relaxed: :
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,087
    MaxPB said:

One programme says foreigners are alright. Another programme says foreigners are effed. Guess which programme the PB kip-tory spectrum prefers?
  • Options

Meanwhile in europe

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/21/jamaican-farmers-bleak-future-eu-sugar-beet-production-cap

"Under fierce lobbying pressure from multinational sugar processors – Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Mars – the EU argues that the reform is made in the spirit of freer markets and better value for the European shopper. (The market will remain, more free for some than others, however. Beet sugar grown intensively on rotation on European farms will, under the new arrangement, still be subsidised by every taxpayer on the continent at around £18 per tonne.)"

(enough to make me sympathise with the kippers)
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    So long as there are more Tory MPs than pandas in Scotland come May the 8th.
  • Options

Just for a bit of fun - remember, this is just for a bit of fun! - I guesstimated the YG sample size to be 1300, and plugging in the percentages, Cons are 1.0% ahead in ELBOW across all three of today's polls!

:relaxed: :

Let me be the first to say it - EICIPM.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,876
    Dair said:

saddened said:

He'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those pesky facts.

The fact that Scotland is 8.3% of the UK Population?

Here's his numbers again

12% of the UK cereal crop
    10% of the UK pig production
    9% of the UK dairy herd
    20% of the UK sheep production
    30% of the UK Beef production
    4% of the UK fruit and veg.
    Isn't agricultural production more related to land area than population?

How does that comparison look?
  • Options
    @dugarbandier
    Jamaica?, the country that just legalized cannabis? what an odd coincidence.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    That can be arranged. If us PB Tories are good at anything, it's killing/eating small cute things. ;)
  • Options

Tom Newton Dunn ‏@tnewtondunn
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight: 3 point Tory lead, biggest since Jan '12. CON 35%, LAB 32%, UKIP 15%, LD 7% GN 6%. Genuine movement or just a blip?

OF COURSE it's just a blip!
    How far does the blip the other way go - 'tie' or 1% lab lead or what? If a Labour outlier is a tie then the tories are 1.5% ahead. Oh for the days when 1.5% meant something. Robert McKenzie where are you when we need you?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    As long as there is more pandas than Labour MPs. Don't think panda pregnancy is going to be needed at this rate.
  • Options
    And yet we've been here before :)
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@dugarbandier
    Jamaica?, the country that just legalized cannabis? what an odd coincidence.

It wasn't legal already? I guess not. I have perhaps listened to too many reggae records.

But do you really think the govt is aiming to make up sugar profits using cannabis? sounds slightly paranoid to me...
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    You forget the 1 MEP, 15 MSPs and 115 local councillors :)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    That can be arranged. If us PB Tories are good at anything, it's killing/eating small cute things. ;)
    Some vegetarian panda-substitute for me, please :relaxed:
  • Options
    apropos of nothing much:

http://www.nazret.com/history/him_un.php

"The preservation of peace and the guaranteeing of man's basic freedoms and rights require courage and eternal vigilance: courage to speak and act - and if necessary, to suffer and die - for truth and justice; eternal vigilance, that the least transgression of international morality shall not go undetected and unremedied. These lessons must be learned anew by each succeeding generation, and that generation is fortunate indeed which learns from other than its own bitter experience. This Organization and each of its members bear a crushing and awesome responsibility: to absorb the wisdom of history and to apply it to the problems of the present, in order that future generations may be born, and live, and die, in peace. "
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    Pandas are vegetarian, so you'll be fine.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    From another site there is a suggestion that ICM will show Lab 35 Con 34. Anybody else heard this?
  • Options
    justin124 said:

From another site there is a suggestion that ICM will show Lab 35 Con 34. Anybody else heard this?

Which site
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    @dugarbandier
    Paranoia is caused by the THC content apparently, and skunk (which is the devils own work and is a thousand times more powerful than textile hemp. Content + /- 0 to !% )
    The co-incidence only occurred to me when your new drug laws came into force, and I noted that one joint of cannabis would render you incapable of driving for two days, and that "chronic" use (at present undefined) for two months.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Smarmeron said:

@MP_SE
    Housing is overvalued, and policy has been geared to keeping it that way.
    Ozzie gets proclaimed as a genius by many on here...but if you look closely at his economics, they vary little from the policies of Brown. Asset inflation and domestic consumption.

I await a party who says stop....this is madness....instead if Tories say 100,000 for a scheme, Labour says 200,000 and Lib Dem's says 300,000.
    It's all meaningless, as there's currently a shortage of bricks and cement. Long lead times on both according to my friendly builder, particularly in the South East where many of the manufacturing plants have been mothballed or shut down
    It;s been like that for the last year. Then chuck in skilled labour shortages.
    A mate of mine who is an electrician was saying that they have a massive backlog of houses due to a shortage of cement. The brick shortage has got so bad that the company he works for has resorted to importing them from China but they also have no cement. Worse still cement manufacturing is basically dead because of carbon dioxide emissions during the production of cement.

It is a complete and utter joke. The demand for new housing is there but the basic raw materials are all in short supply. Even the labour shortage has begun to ease now that so many young people have done apprenticeships in the trades but builders are importing almost all of the basic building materials from timber to bricks and mortar.
    There are always materials shortages in building booms. It tends to drive innovative systems. There is no particular excessive requirement for bricks or cement in building houses. On the other hand the decline in coal fired power stations will give shortages in fly ash for concrete.
  • Options
    Polling Report
  • Options
    justin124 said:

ICM was only two weeks ago!
  • Options

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

notme said:

notme said:

A surge?
    Pandas are vegetarian, so you'll be fine.
    Bamboo-zled :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    I know but comment made by a guy normally reliable. May have advance information.
  • Options
    Cameron to make a speech tomorrow blaming "a warped and misguided sense of political correctness" for Rotherham

• Options
    @isam
    Only Rotherham? I am impressed by his focus!
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    justin124 said:

I know but comment made by a guy normally reliable. May have advance information.

icm due mid march isn't it? surely will not have polled yet
  • Options
    Dair says ''I'm not stupid enough to believe...'' Oh yes you are.

declining
    action plan
    low profitability

all are real words. And they mean something.

Good luck to the Scots beef industry. Some of the best beef I ajve eaten has been scottish.

The &ages you quote are meaningless.
  • Options
    Interesting article from Janan Ganesh:

http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/0/b5d3633e-c0d3-11e4-876d-00144feab7de.html#axzz3THHXOBUN

Not sure his observation runs as well in Scotland.....though of course a vote there for the SNP is a vote for the establishment......
  • Options
    You gotta love those Tories:

One senior Government source, who supports the migration target, said: ‘This is the coming fight in the party – liberal metropolitans versus people who have lived in the real world.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2976583/Tory-rift-PM-s-pledge-slash-migrant-numbers-Cameron-increasingly-isolated-party-s-plans.html#ixzz3THKuG6Ko
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

• Options
    edited March 2015
    kjohnw said:

justin124 said:

Unless they are now going to poll more regularly up to polling day. I have no idea - but the claim is there for all to see!
  • Options
    justin124 said:

kjohnw said:

justin124 said:

Unless they are now going to poll more regularly up to polling day. I have no idea - but the claim is there for all to see!
    Any sign of it on the front pages?
  • Options
    As a final parting gift for this new morning....
    Dave's work experience mainly consists of selling something for those above him.
    Night all.
  • Options
    The bonkers blob on the move again...the one field where coursework is not an easy or optional is science...

No more lab tests in science GCSEs: Exams regulator presses ahead with reform despite fierce opposition

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2976595/No-lab-tests-science-GCSEs-Exams-regulator-presses-ahead-reform-despite-fierce-opposition.html

• Options
    edited March 2015
    OGH has just tweeted this observation from Anthony Wells:

Two three point Tory leads on the same day. All the usual caveats apply – it is only two polls and Populus showed a two point Labour lead. It wouldn’t be the first time that two polls have popped out on the same day showing something unusual, only for it to turn out to be pure co-incidence when polls in the following days showing everything back to normal. Keep an eye on it though…

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/blog/archives/9273

I wonder if we're starting to see 'Ed's crapness' showing through in 'certainty to vote' rather than VI - about as many people like the two parties, but Labour voters are less enthused at the prospect of their chap as PM (for which we have polling data aplenty.....), making them less 'certain to vote'.......
  • Options
    Another NHS scandal that happened largely on Labour's watch:

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-02/turf-war-led-to-deaths-of-30-deaths-mothers-and-babies/
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    The spy who came in from al-Qaeda

Valued first by al-Qaeda and then British security and intelligence, Aimen Dean's life under cover came to an abrupt end when the cover was blown. An American writer disclosed his identity with details that could only be sourced to Dean. That was eight years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-31700894

I hope all this info that is coming out about Jadhi John and his associates hasn't resulted in anything like this happening again.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    GIN1138 said:

Wonder where Rod's gone? :smiley:

Spending more time with my investments. Hopefully back full-time soon.

Have I missed anything?
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited March 2015
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-03-02/turf-war-led-to-deaths-of-30-deaths-mothers-and-babies/

The CQC report done in Spring of 2010 (in the dying days of the Labour government) seems to have been fairly inadequate, though recently there was a payout as compensation to one of its leaders:

http://www.nwemail.co.uk/home/payout-for-furness-general-hospital-cover-up-row-cqc-chief-1.1180345#.VIgt9l5OW7c.twitter

I did point out at the time of the Staffs enquiry that it was not an isolated scandal.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    And forced marriage of the mentally handicapped:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02l2l0x

Mental handicap is particularly common in communities that practice cousanginous marriage. The solution is not more cousanginous marriage.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited March 2015

Ooof. That makes me slightly queasy, as I suspect it would any parent.
    Envy of the (third?) world...
This discussion has been closed.