Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Marf on MPs with 2 jobs

Comments

• Options

Rob D is a member of our party isn't he? I think he was signed up without even having to agree, we're that helpful to prospective members.

Two different people today have urged me to stand as the Directly Elected Mayor of Manchester.

You have been hanging out with drunken people again?

TSE is DEMOM

Surely it should be Nantwich
    One of them used to work for the Crystal Methodist.
  • Options
    Two interesting things about Celebrity Bake-Off this evening - Sarah Brown was on the show, and these celebrity editions were filmed in Ilford's Valentines Park.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,164

"Me neither. If I took a career break from medicine I would struggle to get anywhere near the same job afterwards."

Why chase the money? Take a career break, enjoy yourself, let your family (if you have one) enjoy yourselves, and see where life takes you. You are, by all accounts intelligent (you are a doctor), and both interested and interesting (you post on PB) - you could do lots of things.

It's the way I've led my life (both through choice and accident), and although I'll never be rich, I'm comfortable and happy.

As an uncle once said to a gf of mine: "Money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does buy a better form of miserable."

While I am certainly well paid, between my NHS salary and my modest private practice. I actually love my job and it is great to be a Consultant in my Hospital. I get to teach enthusiastic and Idealistic youngsters, shape vital services locally, I have both scientific and human interest in my patients, many of whom I have built friendships with and I have interesting and varied colleagues who are both supportive and challenging. I get plenty of office politics too.

Why would I want to be an MP instead? Particularly as an LD it would be a short career!
    I wasn't just referring to being an MP, and I'm really glad you enjoy your job. but are you sure you wouldn't enjoy something else more?

Too many people chase money IMHO, and too many people waste their lives in jealousy of those who are rich.

This came out in a conversation yesterday, when a few people seemed more concerned about their children's earning power than their health or happiness.
    Who knows whether I would have enjoyed another job as much? I have just worked hard and taken opportunities as they have arisen. I have had career disappointments, but have always moved on to other opportunities without looking back.

It may be my Scots/Ulster Presbyterianism showing but as far as I can see pretty much all job satisfaction comes from what you put in, not what you get out. Youngsters with a "Can't be Arsed" attitude will neither be happy or well paid.
    Agree, and good for you.

Even if you are a Leicester supporter. ;-)
  • Options
    Labour are so childish

Lord Sugar‏@Lord_Sugar·31 mins31 minutes ago
    Ex Spurs player makes it 0-2 Arsenal v Monaco how you feeling @piersmorgan @IanJamesPoulter
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,909

Rob D is a member of our party isn't he? I think he was signed up without even having to agree, we're that helpful to prospective members.

Two different people today have urged me to stand as the Directly Elected Mayor of Manchester.

You have been hanging out with drunken people again?

TSE is DEMOM

Surely it should be Nantwich
    One of them used to work for the Crystal Methodist.
    I got lost in a maze looking for the Crystal Methodist

Richard O Briens Golden shower methinks
  • Options

Labour are so childish

Ex Spurs player makes it 0-2 Arsenal v Monaco how you feeling @piersmorgan @IanJamesPoulter

Piers Morgan tweet from when they drew Monaco is funny as Hell now

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-uG4vCW4AAkaTW.jpg
  • Options
    I don't care that our season starts on Monday in trying to just secure 6th position...
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited February 2015
    Arsenal piss poor....maybe the best thing for them last season would have been that the FA Cup Final had gone tits up and Arsene moved upstairs.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

"Me neither. If I took a career break from medicine I would struggle to get anywhere near the same job afterwards."

Why chase the money? Take a career break, enjoy yourself, let your family (if you have one) enjoy yourselves, and see where life takes you. You are, by all accounts intelligent (you are a doctor), and both interested and interesting (you post on PB) - you could do lots of things.

It's the way I've led my life (both through choice and accident), and although I'll never be rich, I'm comfortable and happy.

As an uncle once said to a gf of mine: "Money doesn't buy you happiness, but it does buy a better form of miserable."

While I am certainly well paid, between my NHS salary and my modest private practice. I actually love my job and it is great to be a Consultant in my Hospital. I get to teach enthusiastic and Idealistic youngsters, shape vital services locally, I have both scientific and human interest in my patients, many of whom I have built friendships with and I have interesting and varied colleagues who are both supportive and challenging. I get plenty of office politics too.

Why would I want to be an MP instead? Particularly as an LD it would be a short career!
    I wasn't just referring to being an MP, and I'm really glad you enjoy your job. but are you sure you wouldn't enjoy something else more?

Too many people chase money IMHO, and too many people waste their lives in jealousy of those who are rich.

This came out in a conversation yesterday, when a few people seemed more concerned about their children's earning power than their health or happiness.
    Who knows whether I would have enjoyed another job as much? I have just worked hard and taken opportunities as they have arisen. I have had career disappointments, but have always moved on to other opportunities without looking back.

It may be my Scots/Ulster Presbyterianism showing but as far as I can see pretty much all job satisfaction comes from what you put in, not what you get out. Youngsters with a "Can't be Arsed" attitude will neither be happy or well paid.
    Agree, and good for you.

Even if you are a Leicester supporter. ;-)
    Being a Leicester City supporter gives some insight into the 50 shades mentality.
  • Options

Labour are so childish

Mega LOL

Piers Morgan really is the ultimate fan you don't want supporting your team.

Spurs better in CL than Arsenal over last 5 years... give us a go! We don't like Thursdays.
  • Options
    Hertsmere_PubgoerHertsmere_Pubgoer Posts: 3,476
    edited February 2015

(My favourite book is Winston Graham's 'Marnie', which Hitchcock made into an uncharacteristically hideous film. Hitchcock's dead. Just sayin'). ;-)

Marnie makes me think of Geordie Shore.

I've never watched Geordie Shore: I'm guessing I've not missed much. What's the connection?
    JJ, it was just a joke, albeit a lowbrow one.
    Marnie is one of the people in it
    *edit* Forgot to say, she has a great butt
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,173
    SeanT said:

Labour are so childish

It is a bit depressing that English teams are now regularly bested by FRENCH teams. I mean, Spanish, Italian or German, fine. But French?

That said, the new TV money pumping into the EPL will, I reckon, have quite an effect in the end. No other league comes close.
    Ummmm... Isn't Monaco an independent country?
  • Options

Arsenal piss poor

Defence cuts responsible 2 goal already
  • Options

(My favourite book is Winston Graham's 'Marnie', which Hitchcock made into an uncharacteristically hideous film. Hitchcock's dead. Just sayin'). ;-)

Marnie makes me think of Geordie Shore.

I've never watched Geordie Shore: I'm guessing I've not missed much. What's the connection?
    JJ, it was just a joke, albeit a lowbrow one.
    Marnie is one of the people in it
    *edit* Forgot to say, she has a great butt
    I'll have to watch! Thanks for the recommendation. ;-)
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    edited February 2015

Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

No, other way round.

'Oats. A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.' Sam Johnson, Dictionary

You are wrong quite a lot, aren't you?

I think that was a joke.

There's probably not a Scot alive with a reading age above 12 who isn't aware of the good doctor's definition.
    The culture and knowledge of Scotland seems quite alien and unknown to the man on the Clapham Omnibus.

While we know about the Clapham Omnibus.
    If you want to know more, can I suggest you spend a few hours on Clapham Common.

*Innocent Face*
    Know about that too. That's sort of the point, there is probably not an aspect of English culture that is not understood in Scotland. While Scotland seems to be an alien culture to (at least) the English media if not most of the population.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

SeanT said:

Labour are so childish

It is a bit depressing that English teams are now regularly bested by FRENCH teams. I mean, Spanish, Italian or German, fine. But French?

That said, the new TV money pumping into the EPL will, I reckon, have quite an effect in the end. No other league comes close.
    And isn't Arsenal a French club?

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

SeanT said:

Labour are so childish

They play in the French league.
  • Options
    Afghanistan team tonight in World Cup cricket

Afghanistan: J Ahmadi, N Mangal, A Stanikzai, S Shenwari, M Nabi, N Zadran, A Zazai, G Naib, D Zadran, H Hassan, S Zadran

I reckon Zadran might have a good game
  • Options

Labour are so childish

Mega LOL

Spurs better in CL than Arsenal over last 5 years... give us a go! We don't like Thursdays.
    Well if you win the Europa League this season, you get a Champs League place.

I reckon you could do it.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,023
    Though not better yet I'm perking up a little. Unfortunately Miss Pulpstar seems to have gone down with the lurgy. Which means I'm in trouble :/
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Quiz show recentky asked the question "the A1 links which two capital cities in the UK". Two pairs of contestants failed to answer it, they got London but couldn't grtbthebother half. Notnl even a guest, just an errrrr.

Theres only two flipping options!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

No, other way round.

'Oats. A grain, which in England is generally given to horses, but in Scotland supports the people.' Sam Johnson, Dictionary

I think that was a joke.

There's probably not a Scot alive with a reading age above 12 who isn't aware of the good doctor's definition.
    The culture and knowledge of Scotland seems quite alien and unknown to the man on the Clapham Omnibus.

Scotland is an ancient, beautiful but historically peripheral nation of 5 million people. England is a great country of 55 million people which has changed the world in myriad ways, and given the planet its first true global language, as well as the Industrial Revolution, the Beatles. Shakespeare, the internet, and the ICE TWINS, by S K Tremayne.

It is unsurprising that English awareness of Scotland is trivial compared to Scottish awareness of England. You are, culturally, a mouse in bed with an elephant. Like Canada and America.

I can see why this drives many Scots to support independence, yet, paradoxically, I doubt independence would change much. See the way Ireland is dominated by British culture and media, even now.
    Yes, I can see why you think that.

Yet the British Empire, the Modern World any everything you hold dear today was based on one thing and one thing alone - the decision by Scotland to implement universal, free education.

About 200 years before England did. Which is why pretty much all of the British Empire was run by Scots and Britain was run by Scots.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Arsenal piss poor....maybe the best thing for them last season would have been that the FA Cup Final had gone tits up and Arsene moved upstairs.

The art of English defending as gone from the game,especially in the prem.
  • Options

Labour are so childish

Mega LOL

Well if you win the Europa League this season, you get a Champs League place.

I reckon you could do it.
    Just hope the players aren't scared to boot the foot in with the final on sunday.... otherwise I'd be a bit more hopeful for at least tomorrow.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Miss Pulpstar seems to have gone down with the lurgy. :/

Really thats a very Liberal relationship you have there Mr Pulpstar!!
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Alistair said:

Quiz show recentky asked the question "the A1 links which two capital cities in the UK". Two pairs of contestants failed to answer it, they got London but couldn't grtbthebother half. Notnl even a guest, just an errrrr.

Truro or Winchester?

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

Though not better yet I'm perking up a little. Unfortunately Miss Pulpstar seems to have gone down with the lurgy. Which means I'm in trouble :/

TMI! TMI! Oh your girlfriend has gone down with the lurgy.

What was it Mr Nabavi saying earlier PB wasn't safe when I'm about?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Labour are so childish

In the long term, while I do enjoy the EPL, the set up of the Bundesliga and the way even most of the players seem to be buying into it, that dominance might seem a little optimistic.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Labour are so childish

Two teams do,Real Madrid and Barcelona,the EPL are the reserve league for them to pick any player from here.

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154
    A long slow Chinese burn maybe....
  • Options
    From EIC

John,

It's time to stop MPs taking second jobs once and for all. Your MP should be working solely in the interests of you and your community.

John — if you're with me on this, share this graphic on Facebook now:

I don't do facebook its for old people isn't it?
  • Options
    Dair said:

SeanT said:

Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

No, other way round.

I think that was a joke.

Scotland is an ancient, beautiful but historically peripheral nation of 5 million people. England is a great country of 55 million people which has changed the world in myriad ways, and given the planet its first true global language, as well as the Industrial Revolution, the Beatles. Shakespeare, the internet, and the ICE TWINS, by S K Tremayne.

It is unsurprising that English awareness of Scotland is trivial compared to Scottish awareness of England. You are, culturally, a mouse in bed with an elephant. Like Canada and America.

I can see why this drives many Scots to support independence, yet, paradoxically, I doubt independence would change much. See the way Ireland is dominated by British culture and media, even now.
    Yes, I can see why you think that.

Yet the British Empire, the Modern World any everything you hold dear today was based on one thing and one thing alone - the decision by Scotland to implement universal, free education.

About 200 years before England did. Which is why pretty much all of the British Empire was run by Scots and Britain was run by Scots.
    And that commitment to free education and worker education arose from the Presbyterian need for people to study and understand the Bible.

The second part of Scotlands greatness came from Union with England and consequent access to the world. It was the Georgians and Victorians that allowed that Scottish enlightenment to flourish in so many areas of industry, thought, sport, and other diverse fields.

Better together, as I may have heard somewhere...
  • Options
    numbercrunchernumbercruncher Posts: 136
    edited February 2015
    I’ve put some charts/analysis on polling trends over the last few months. Key points:

– The vast difference in combined LAB+CON vote share between online and phone polls (on average) has gone
    – Relative to each other, Tories do better in phone polls, Labour online, although this month the difference is exaggerated by outliers in opposite directions
    – For the Lib Dems, the pollsters have converged, largely for technical reasons (DKs making their minds up reduces SoS adjustment)
    – For UKIP, the gap is actually widening – biggest drops are with phone pollsters, who were already lower on average
    – The Greens continue to do best in phone polling, but this is quite a big spread between online pollsters

https://twitter.com/ncpoliticsuk/status/570610986236973056
    https://twitter.com/ncpoliticsuk/status/570662896033787905
    https://twitter.com/ncpoliticsuk/status/570686796184596483

Full piece: http://www.ncpolitics.uk/2015/02/making-sense-recent-polls-divergence-phone-online-polling.html/
  • Options

A long slow Chinese burn maybe....
    So sleeping with Ed Balls leaves you with a burning sensation?
  • Options

Afghanistan: J Ahmadi, N Mangal, A Stanikzai, S Shenwari, M Nabi, N Zadran, A Zazai, G Naib, D Zadran, H Hassan, S Zadran

Zadran opens bowling
  • Options

Stephen Tall @stephentall

6 seats Ukip will win (acc to @GoodwinMJ): Clacton, Rochester & Strood, Thanet South, Thurrock, Castle Point, Gt Grimsby / Boston & Skegness

• Options
    Is it me or have NATO and Putin got into some sort of "Who has the biggest dick" competition recently ?
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865

antifrank said:

Neat twitter fact (I have no idea whether it's true, but what the hell):

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers · 1m1 minute ago
    1/50 adult Scots has joined SNP since referendum. Party has more members than British army has soldiers. @alexmassie in @spectator #GE2015

Shit, that probably means invasion is out of the question.

You can join the SNP for precisely £1

Might be worth a quid (12 Jockinese groats) to join just to piss of Murphy and SLAB
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited February 2015

From EIC

John,

It's time to stop MPs taking second jobs once and for all. Your MP should be working solely in the interests of you and your community.

Presumably that includes not doing any work for The Labour Party too. Or is working on campaigning and self promotion rather than for constituents somehow different?

• Options

And that commitment to free education and worker education arose from the Presbyterian need for people to study and understand the Bible.

The second part of Scotlands greatness came from Union with England and consequent access to the world. It was the Georgians and Victorians that allowed that Scottish enlightenment to flourish in so many areas of industry, thought, sport, and other diverse fields.

That's actually quite a difficult question to answer. Once Universal Education began, it obviously took some years to develop but by the mid 18th century when it became a full flow, how much was that developed by Britain.

It is not clear whether Scotland could not have been a new Netherlands or Denmark or Portugal - very small countries which flourished (for whatever reason) despite being so much smaller than their comparator countries.

The impact of Darien is completely overblown. In fact, the only people who were hurt by Darien were the wealthy aristocracy. Without the Union, Scotland would have been a very equal society (more equal than the Netherlands) with a much better educated people than any other country on earth.

What is without doubt, however, is that had Scotland become independent at the same time as either Norway in 1902 or Ireland in 1922, she would, today, be the richest nation on earth.

England has clearly benefited greatly from the rape of Scotland.
  • Options
    Dair said:

antifrank said:

Neat twitter fact (I have no idea whether it's true, but what the hell):

James Chapman (Mail) ‏@jameschappers · 1m1 minute ago
    1/50 adult Scots has joined SNP since referendum. Party has more members than British army has soldiers. @alexmassie in @spectator #GE2015

Shit, that probably means invasion is out of the question.

You can join the SNP for precisely £1

That was Labour in January, now £5.

Minimum cost of SNP membership is £12.
    Ok so 144 jockinese Groats.. Still worth a punt for the fun factor
  • Options

Zadran opens bowling
    Zadran bowls 2nd over but goes for 4 wides
    Should have bowled Zadran methinks
  • Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    edited February 2015

Roger said:

Marquee

"Hollywood devours talent, and regurgitates about a tenth of it, in movie form"

My next door neighbour makes a film about once every two years. Writes (usually) and directs. They never make money but she gets together an A list cast-Robert De Niro Kathy Bates Geraldine Chaplin Harvey Keitel etc- and they come along as regular as clockwork.

Though a very good friend the one question I don't ask is how she gets so much backing when she keeps making lemons. Other friends can't get their scripts made for love nor money. It's a trick but I don't know what it is.

Film financing is a very black art...
    and almost entirely based around tax avoidance!! Return of the Jedi to this day has never made a profit, same with the box office smash hit spider man 2002, grossed $800 million, not a penny profit.
  • Options

From EIC

John,

Presumably that includes not doing any work for The Labour Party too. Or is working on campaigning rather than for constituents somehow different?

I am a zero job man myself as you know

• Options
    edited February 2015
    notme said:

Roger said:

Marquee

"Hollywood devours talent, and regurgitates about a tenth of it, in movie form"

My next door neighbour makes a film about once every two years. Writes (usually) and directs. They never make money but she gets together an A list cast-Robert De Niro Kathy Bates Geraldine Chaplin Harvey Keitel etc- and they come along as regular as clockwork.

Though a very good friend the one question I don't ask is how she gets so much backing when she keeps making lemons. Other friends can't get their scripts made for love nor money. It's a trick but I don't know what it is.

Film financing is a very black art...
    and almost entirely based around tax avoidance!! Return of the Jedi to this day has never made a profit, same with the box office smash hit spider man 2002, grossed $800 million, not a penny profit.
    That's not entirely true. Tax avoidance and creative accounting are very different creatures.
  • Options
    Speaking of 'English' culture as some are, I thought that tonight's episode of Wolf Hall was masterful. The preamble and execution of Anne Boleyn seemed to gather up the previous episodes (which were a bit up and down to me) and make something pretty special. Against the PB Tory grain, I very much liked the book also.

On the other hand we know have Up the Women.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    @Dair

Your modern graduate earning £45k in London will have a payslip that is a wonder of the modern world.

They'll be paying back the higher rate of tax (marginally of course...), a student loan that they probably won't pay off and a contribution towards a pension that won't be able to afford them the rent when they retire.

And that's for the lucky & clever ones with firsts.
  • Options
    Off to watch Cricket I am on Scotland at 2.50
  • Options
    Bugger Caught Zadran Bowled Zadran

• Options
    Alistair said:

Well, Tornado's currently being overhauled in Darlington, and the A1's were also built at Doncaster, so surely the answer are those two capitals of the old LNER network?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154

Speaking of 'English' culture as some are, I thought that tonight's episode of Wolf Hall was masterful. The preamble and execution of Anne Boleyn seemed to gather up the previous episodes (which were a bit up and down to me) and make something pretty special. Against the PB Tory grain, I very much liked the book also.

On the other hand we know have Up the Women.

Not if you have movedto BBC4 for The Inside Story
  • Options
    Dair said:

What is without doubt, however, is that had Scotland become independent at the same time as either Norway in 1902 or Ireland in 1922, she would, today, be the richest nation on earth.

Norway was 1905.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

@Dair

Your modern graduate earning £45k in London will have a payslip that is a wonder of the modern world.

They'll be paying back the higher rate of tax (marginally of course...), a student loan that they probably won't pay off and a contribution towards a pension that won't be able to afford them the rent when they retire.

And that's for the lucky & clever ones with firsts.

Reading all those Scottish websites appears to have developed your sense of irony!
  • Options
    @Numbercruncher thats very useful. Thanks. Could you do us a favour & list which pollsters do phone and which online?
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,957
    Dair said:

Ishmael_X said:

No, other way round.

I think that was a joke.

Presumably TMOTCO doesn't make it into your 12?

• Options
    SeanT said:

Dair said:

That's actually quite a difficult question to answer. Once Universal Education began, it obviously took some years to develop but by the mid 18th century when it became a full flow, how much was that developed by Britain.

It is not clear whether Scotland could not have been a new Netherlands or Denmark or Portugal - very small countries which flourished (for whatever reason) despite being so much smaller than their comparator countries.

The impact of Darien is completely overblown. In fact, the only people who were hurt by Darien were the wealthy aristocracy. Without the Union, Scotland would have been a very equal society (more equal than the Netherlands) with a much better educated people than any other country on earth.

"Rape"

I mean, really. This is why so many people laugh at you. Even many Scots.

"Rape"???

Get a f*cking grip, you kilted cretin.
    You are a writer, right. You do know what rape is defined as?

You do? Surely?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

I thought that tonight's episode of Wolf Hall was masterful. The ... execution of Anne Boleyn seemed to ... make something pretty special.

Oi! No spoilers!

;)
  • Options

Stephen Pollard ✔ @stephenpollard

Suspicious, given the unreliability of the source. But mere fact it seems true says all you need to know about Ed M http://www.wharf.co.uk/2015/02/tower-hamlets-mayor-ed-miliban.html

http://www.wharf.co.uk/2015/02/tower-hamlets-mayor-ed-miliban.html
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    There's a certain irony in how the BBC are now reporting on one of their own, probably the most prolific abuser of modern times in this country.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,539
    edited February 2015

@Numbercruncher thats very useful. Thanks. Could you do us a favour & list which pollsters do phone and which online?

Online:

YG
    Populus
    TNS
    Opinium
    ComRes (Indy on Sunday)
    Survation

Phone:

ICM
    Ashcroft
    Ipsos-MORI
    ComRes (Indy/Mail)
  • Options
    It’s still too soon to write Ukip off – it could thrive after the election

Whether the Conservatives or Labour enter power, Farage's party will have no shortage of political ground to exploit.

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2015/02/it-s-still-too-soon-write-ukip-it-could-thrive-after-election
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    Dair said:

SeanT said:

Dair said:

"Rape"

"Rape"???

You do? Surely?
    In fairness given the number of MPs Labour had in Scotland for eons and you lot voted for then it was actually Labour that shagged you not England....

Or perhaps it was just self harming??
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Evening all and Wolf Hall was superb. We had a SLAB election broadcast this evening. Jim Murphy has found Gordon Brown's magic money trees. £8 NMW, abolition of zero hours contracts, 1000 new nurses etc etc and only disclosed means of paying is yet another tax on bankers bonuses.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Labour are so childish

Two teams do,Real Madrid and Barcelona,the EPL are the reserve league for them to pick any player from here.

Chelsea have played Barcelona ten times in the last ten years, their record is W3 D5 L2, Messi has played in eight of those games and has failed to score.

To counter that Chelsea lost at home to the mighty Bradford despite them generously giving us a two goal start.
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,957
    Dair said:

Post of the day ;-)

• Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

Alistair said:

Truro or Winchester?

LOL!
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Dair said:

SeanT said:

Dair said:

"Rape"

"Rape"???

You do? Surely?
    In fairness given the number of MPs Labour had in Scotland for eons and you lot voted for then it was actually Labour that shagged you not England....

Or perhaps it was just self harming??
    Labour promised Home Rule, it was part of Keir Hardie's founding principles. (Yes, the same Home Rule given to Canada, Australia and Ireland).
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Great news that L/Cpl Joshua Leakey of the Parachute Regiment has been appointed a VC.
  • Options

SeanT said:

Labour are so childish

Chelsea have played Barcelona ten times in the last ten years, their record is W3 D5 L2, Messi has played in eight of those games and has failed to score.

To counter that Chelsea lost at home to the mighty Bradford despite them generously giving us a two goal start.
    Nigel,I was going to mention Chelsea ;-)

Chelsea for me still defend in the old English/british way,thanks to john Terry ;-)

• Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    SWIIIIIIIIIIINGBACK......The PB Hodges were right after all. Tied in latest Yougov.
  • Options
    @Sun_Politics: YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour and Tories tied: CON 33%, LAB 33%, LD 8%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,930
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour and Tories tied: CON 33%, LAB 33%, LD 8%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%
  • Options

@Sun_Politics: YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour and Tories tied: CON 33%, LAB 33%, LD 8%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%

Fire up the Farage Mobile
  • Options

Online:

YG
    Populus
    TNS
    Opinium
    ComRes (Indy on Sunday)
    Survation

Phone:

ICM
    Ashcroft
    Ipsos-MORI
    ComRes (Indy/Mail)
    Sunil I'd like to cover you in pepper and sneeze all over you. Thank you :-)
  • Options
    Liberal Democrats 8%.

Pretty good poll for them that isn't it ?
  • Options

Mike Smithson @MSmithsonPB

So far this week LAB has not been in the lead with YouGov. Two level pegging & 1 CON lead

• Options
    SeanT said:

*rape*

Yes. England RAPED Scotland. After driving Scotland in the MINICAB of Darien to the KEBAB SHOP of Union. And feeding Scotland the BOGUS FRIENDSHIP of money, saving Scotland from SEXUAL bankruptcy, but only after Scotland agreed to smoke the CANNABIS of conquest in the seedy TRAVELODGE of Empire.

Then England TRAFFICKED Scotland to her friends, including AMERICA, who forced a BOTTLE up the FIRTH OF FORTH.

Raped. You were nationally RAPED. You deserve counselling!

"to violate or despoil, especially a country or place."

You're supposed to be a writer, I guess command of English is no longer a requirement for such a profession.
  • Options
    Premier League (Phone)

ICM
    Ashcroft
    Ipsos-MORI
    ComRes (Indy/Mail)

Championship (Online)

YG
    Populus
    TNS
    Opinium
    ComRes (Indy on Sunday)
    Survation

I know thats controversial but 2015 demographics are unlike anything before. Don't trust online pollsters a jiffetyjotty & I'm also wobbling re phonesters cos of sampling problems.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,379
    GIN1138 said:

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour and Tories tied: CON 33%, LAB 33%, LD 8%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%

Peaceful, isn't it? Tick, tock.

• Options

Broken sleazy Tories on the slide (-2?)

Labour 0.9% ahead on the simple average for polls so far this week (ELBOW will need to wait for the YG tables tomorrow).
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited February 2015

I was well aware of the reference. The fact remains, in England you eat white turnips whereas they are animal feed in most civilised nations.

Italy and France not civilised nations? A curiously ahistorical line from a Scot.
  • Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

GIN1138 said:

Peaceful, isn't it? Tick, tock.

Tick tock to a 10% Con lead GE2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited February 2015
    Is Kellner still predicting 35-30?

Seems pretty believable given the observed YG inaccuracy on the Con-Lab gap in 2014 plus the trend.Also, the named leader polling.
  • Options

I was well aware of the reference. The fact remains, in England you eat white turnips whereas they are animal feed in most civilised nations.

Italy and France not civilised nations? A curiously ahistorical line from a Scot.
    Huh...I never said that.
  • Options

No one, out of choice, would ever eat a white turnip. It's like deciding to open a can of dog food because its cheaper and the taste doesn't matter.
  • Options

Huh...I never said that.

Oops, my apologies! Careless editing on my part accidentally attributed the nonsense to you, rather than Dair. I need to refer myself to the PB Standards Board!
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    SeanT said:

Dair said:

SeanT said:

*rape*

Yes. England RAPED Scotland. After driving Scotland in the MINICAB of Darien to the KEBAB SHOP of Union. And feeding Scotland the BOGUS FRIENDSHIP of money, saving Scotland from SEXUAL bankruptcy, but only after Scotland agreed to smoke the CANNABIS of conquest in the seedy TRAVELODGE of Empire.

Then England TRAFFICKED Scotland to her friends, including AMERICA, who forced a BOTTLE up the FIRTH OF FORTH.

Raped. You were nationally RAPED. You deserve counselling!

"to violate or despoil, especially a country or place."

You're supposed to be a writer, I guess command of English is no longer a requirement for such a profession.
    I guess command of basic cognition is no longer a requirement for Scottish Nationalists.

If I were you I'd be *pointing the finger* at Wales as well. I understand they might have "fiddled about" with the dangly bits of Galloway and Argyle, during the 8th and 9th century, like Sir James Savile during a hospital shift at Stoke Mandeville.
    Are you sure you want that to stand and wouldn't prefer to just delete the comment? I would suggest you might give it proper consideration before the six minutes is up.

Oops I quote it so you'll have to find an even more fundamentally ridiculous argument to defend that.
  • Options

Michael Crick ✔ @MichaelLCrick

Labour NEC panel to re-interview for Bradford West selection on Monday, following sudden resignation of Amina Ali. Again women only list

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,028
    I feel dirty

I backed ukip 5-10% at 11/4 and lib Dems to bt ukip votes at 5/2

To cleanse myself I advise ukip in South Basildon at 4/1... Tied (well technically ahead) in ashcroft poll.... Surely better than 20% chance they improve / ashcroft underestimated??
  • Options

Huh...I never said that.

Oops, my apologies! Careless editing on my part accidentally attributed the nonsense to you, rather than Dair. I need to refer myself to the PB Standards Board!
    NP...for a minute I thought we had an issue with bob_a_bob_Urquhart or something.
  • Options

Nick Sutton ✔ @suttonnick

Thursday's Times front page:
    Putin ready to turn off Europe's gas supply
    #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers pic.twitter.com/dmHWtBzFSP

• Options
    Dair said:

No one, out of choice, would ever eat a white turnip. It's like deciding to open a can of dog food because its cheaper and the taste doesn't matter.
    This is silly. If we get to insulting nations because of eating habits where does it stop? Chacun à son gout. Yours may be haggis = sheep's offal.

Nightsy allsy. Make sure the bedbugs don't bite.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited February 2015
    Incidentally, I think we may have had a game-changer today. Even the Beeb was struggling to find a coherent way of attacking Osborne's quite remarkable new initiative. The contrast between the grown-ups talking about how to deal with the interface between the NHS and social care on the one hand, and Labour on the other hand, was stark.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Onwards and upwards for UKIP.

I would like to think high teens is possible over the next few weeks but may end up disappointed.
  • Options

Labour NEC panel to re-interview for Bradford West selection on Monday, following sudden resignation of Amina Ali. Again women only list

Do you live in Bradford West - any sign of the Respect Ground Game coming on there ?
  • Options

He's running out of winter. Although Germany should have done it, after all, it's only Germany and Poland that care about Russian gas.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Translation: Ukraine doesn't have the money to pay the gas bill.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Charles said:

I thought that tonight's episode of Wolf Hall was masterful. The ... execution of Anne Boleyn seemed to ... make something pretty special.

Oi! No spoilers!

;)
    Very interesting debate about the programme on another channel after the final episode. With the main actor, the director and Kirsty Wark (not my favourite presenter because too lefty but she did a good job). Seems that there may be a sequel sometime in the future.

• Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100

Can Lord A do a constituency poll for Bradford West, it will be interesting to see if Galloway is going to be re-elected.
This discussion has been closed.