Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Local By-Election Preview : February 5th 2015

13»

Comments

• Options
    Martin Kettle:

The other underlying reason is the wider Labour failure to impress either its own loyalists or its rivals that it is a plausible government in waiting. Here, the buck stops with Ed Miliband. Labour’s fundamental failure is not really that it is too rightwing or too leftwing. Its failure is that it does not provide a clear and plausible account of what it would actually do in office as a government.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/05/labour-failure-scotland-battle-britain-ed-miliband-gordon-brown?CMP=share_btn_tw
  • Options

does not provide a clear and plausible account of what it would actually do in office as a government

cf "I think I'd be quite good at it"
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

Dair said:

Dair said:

It's comical. Perhaps more comical is the reaction to his comment.
    What would be the reaction if Hunt had said "Imams" or "Rabbis"?
    Reactions in politics are mainly comical. Like your reaction where you felt it was wrong to state that average LE in Scotland was 4 years younger than in rUK.
    I didn't think it was "wrong" - just the first time I'd read anyone boasting about it......
    Weasel word "boasting". Facts aren't anything other than facts. Reading emotion or dogma into facts is why countries fail.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Dair said:

Dair said:

It's comical. Perhaps more comical is the reaction to his comment.
    What would be the reaction if Hunt had said "Imams" or "Rabbis"?
    Reactions in politics are mainly comical. Like your reaction where you felt it was wrong to state that average LE in Scotland was 4 years younger than in rUK.
    I didn't think it was "wrong" - just the first time I'd read anyone boasting about it......
    Weasel word "boasting". Facts aren't anything other than facts. Reading emotion or dogma into facts is why countries fail.
    You mean l ke interpreting things as "comical"?
  • Options
    Dair said:

Facts aren't anything other than facts. Reading emotion or dogma into facts is why countries fail.

What countries?
  • Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191
    Pong said:

Pulpstar said:
    I don't doubt christina had some great teachers who were nuns. There are also some goddamn awful teachers who are nuns, too.

The nun factor is irrelevant.
    The Qualified Teacher Status is equally irrelevant. Plenty of qualified teachers are also goddamn awful. Getting the QTS badge is relatively straightforward. Developing into a good teacher is another matter entirely.

I find it odd that Hunt keeps banging this drum, given that he attended UCS, which as an independent school, is not obliged to to employ qualified teachers.

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,798
    chimps grunt with Scottish accent

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-31128237

well at least that explains Peter Wishart
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,798
    The Daily Mail go gunning for Nick Palmer.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2941966/Back-14-Labour-Lib-Dem-MPs-given-payoffs-55-000-election-stand-again.html

Resign now Nick, it's not worth it !!!! :-)
  • Options
    BenMBenM Posts: 1,795
    Why can't the Tories break through in the polls?

The problems of the execrable Tony Abbott down under provide part of the answer.

Rightwing governments aren't at all popular. That's why I don't expect a swingback here.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    BenM said:

Why can't the Tories break through in the polls?

The problems of the execrable Tony Abbott down under provide part of the answer.

Rightwing governments aren't at all popular. That's why I don't expect a swingback here.

It's the same the whole world over
    Isn't it a bleeding shame?
    It's the Reds wot gets the credit
    And the Blues wot gets the blame.

This discussion has been closed.