Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After the confusing messages from the polls punters seem to

Comments

• Options
    DaemonBarberDaemonBarber Posts: 1,626

Pulpstar said:

How many polls have we had from 2010 to now on overall GE btw ?

One or two of the polls in that time will have been 3+ SD outliers.

From YouGov alone, at the rate of five polls per week, there will have been more than 1,000 opinion polls. Out of 1000 opinion polls you would expect nearly 3 that had an error of 3+ standard deviations.

This sort of thing might form the basis for a little game during the election campaign. We could try to identify the least accurate opinion poll in the period from the formal start of the election campaign to polling day itself.
    How would you measure which is the least accurate? Each poll is a snapshot, not a prediction.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Plato said:

Blood is very tricky. Try Vanish Oxy spray or granules - they kill red wine stains and blood on limestone which is a difficult medium to fix.

Generally speaking - a very powerful biological washing powder will fix almost anything - unless it dissolves the medium first.

Never use dishwasher powder on anything natural - it will eat it in hours. I once tried to use it to clean hard paint off brushes and it ate the bristles. It's great drain cleaner though.

Anorak said:

Plato said:

PS Anyone with a pet grease issue - like cats or dogs rubbing their coats on the wall or doorways - use Sugar Soap. Available in all B&Qs and everywhere else. It solves almost every pet problem.

30yrs at this has made me a bit of an expert of what works. Happy to take any questions here or on Twitter at @platosays.

How do you remove horse blood from a duvet? Asking for a, uh, friend.
    I sense a business opportunity - May I suggest you e-mail Labour PPC's in the marginals as there'll be plenty of blood on the carpets come May 8th !!

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Fenster said:

I reckon - and this is where I'm completely lacking in science - that Gordon Brown's speech (after the debates) at some church or cathedral somewhere up north, swung a lot of votes back Labour's way. It was a proper tub-thumper of a speech to the faithful. Full of his passion for the under-privileged and unashamed class-warrior stuff. Dripping with fear of what the Tories will do to the poor. The stuff he was really good at. I remember thinking, wow, if he did more of this he'd win more seats because people believe it. And I say this as someone who hugely disliked Brown.

I'v never voted Labour and not a fan of Brown but in my view he handily won the third debate and that speech at the Citizens UK event was a barn stormer designed to invigorate the Labour faithful

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6BA2Jz7xIXw
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    LOL - great to see you back. After many years trying to fix the fall-out of quadrupeds, I thought my know-how could be useful.

My most recent occupant spends her life wiping her litter tray feet on my bed clothes. Anything I can do to fix this will be a boon!
    JackW said:

Plato said:

Blood is very tricky. Try Vanish Oxy spray or granules - they kill red wine stains and blood on limestone which is a difficult medium to fix.

Generally speaking - a very powerful biological washing powder will fix almost anything - unless it dissolves the medium first.

Never use dishwasher powder on anything natural - it will eat it in hours. I once tried to use it to clean hard paint off brushes and it ate the bristles. It's great drain cleaner though.

Anorak said:

Plato said:

PS Anyone with a pet grease issue - like cats or dogs rubbing their coats on the wall or doorways - use Sugar Soap. Available in all B&Qs and everywhere else. It solves almost every pet problem.

30yrs at this has made me a bit of an expert of what works. Happy to take any questions here or on Twitter at @platosays.

I sense a business opportunity - May I suggest you e-mail Labour PPC's in the marginals as there'll be plenty of blood on the carpets come May 8th !!

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    After Paris terror, Rome's Jews, Vatican tighten security
    http://www.haaretz.com/news/world/.premium-1.636901
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I wonder which constituencies Lord Ashcroft is going for in Scotland. If I were him, I'd like to see polling in the following:

Aberdeen North
    Ayrshire North & Arran
    Dunbartonshire East
    Edinburgh North & Leith
    Edinburgh West
    Glasgow North
    Glasgow East
    Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey
    Kilmarnock & Loudoun
    Stirling

That would I hope give us some idea of how big the SNP surge was and where it was taking place.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Any wonder why so many voted LD in Redcar.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tees-30794143

Bullying culture of local Labour Party.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,817
    dr_spyn said:

The shambles in Redcar CLP was covered in the local bit of the Sunday Politics. This sort of nonsense makes me despair.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,037
    Pulpstar said:

To my knowledge, we've had 1,818 polls since the previous election.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    "Why I'm worried by the sight of a Pro-Government Demonstration

I have been on a lot of demonstrations in my life. I greatly regret having taken part in some of them – especially the Nuclear Disarmament marches of the 1960s. I still think I was right to go on some of the others, against racial prejudice, and in protest at the shooting of innocent British subjects in Londonderry in 1972.

But I don’t believe I’ve ever been on a pro-government march. And I am filled with a feeling of strange puzzlement over the rather weird events in Paris on Sunday. What were they demonstrating for? I’ll come to that.

I’ll be told ‘it was for freedom, democracy, free expression’.

Are you sure? (See below) But even if that's actually true, these are self-evident virtues. Nobody (even people who secretly had doubts about free speech and democracy, as many do in fact, see below) would demonstrate against them.

And no doubt I’ll also be told it was ‘against terrorism and murder’.

Once again, who would say he was for such things? The people who favour them have other ways of showing their feelings.

All you need to do is subject such talk to the late Roy Jenkins’s rather neat test of empty banality. Just ask this question: Could anyone conceivably have said the opposite? If not, then nothing of any significance has been said.

We are here, once again, in the rainbow-hued, furry-bunny-and tweety-bird-infested land of Tom Lehrer’s wonderful little satirical song from 1965, called ‘The Folk Song Army’ :

Thus:
    ‘We are the Folk Song Army.
    Every one of us cares.
    We all hate poverty, war, and injustice,
    Unlike the rest of you squares.’"

http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

The shambles in Redcar CLP was covered in the local bit of the Sunday Politics. This sort of nonsense makes me despair.
    Vote Lib Dem or you are encouraging bullying.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I think you may have missed a ComRes one from February 2012. Go back and check them all just in case.

• Options
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I've estimated that between now and Election Day we will have just 200 Westminster VI polls.

So 2,000 in this parliament
  • Options
    Neil said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I think you may have missed a ComRes one from February 2012. Go back and check them all just in case.

Done that once, it wasn't a fun experience. I think the wiki list has some polls Wells' doesn't, and vice versa.
  • Options

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I've estimated that between now and Election Day we will have just 200 Westminster VI polls.

200 more EMICIPM??... may God have mercy on our souls.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    dr_spyn said:

Actually it was to do with the closure of the local steelworks - the populace had seen Labour splash out millions to save Rover 'in a marginal seat' and therefore expected the same in Redcar.

But Redcar wasn't a Labour marginal (at least no then) - so labour didn't save the plant.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Iff the The Ashcroft poll was a harbinger then it will be 200 EMICAWNBPM (Ed Miliband is crap and will never be Prime Minister)
  • Options
    antifrank said:

I wonder which constituencies Lord Ashcroft is going for in Scotland. If I were him, I'd like to see polling in the following:

Aberdeen North
    Ayrshire North & Arran
    Dunbartonshire East
    Edinburgh North & Leith
    Edinburgh West
    Glasgow North
    Glasgow East
    Kilmarnock & Loudoun
    Stirling

That would I hope give us some idea of how big the SNP surge was and where it was taking place.

An excellent list to test out the SNP surge in practice. However, if I was doing such polling I'd keep Dunbartonshire East polling secret and bet on the info. I'd also throw in Dundee West on the basis that it should be going bright yellow if you believe in thew power of Yes so if it isn't going strongly SNP then that would indicate something. Like when the Western Isle came back No at the referendum I knew there was no point waiting for any more results it was all done and dusted.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,817

dr_spyn said:

But Ian Swales is so confident of defeat that he isn't bothering to stand!
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Yeah all the polling shows the Lib Dems in Redcar are going to thrashed like a dominatrix's slave.
  • Options
    Anorak said:

Plato said:

Er, use lubricant next time??
  • Options

Anorak said:

Plato said:

Er, use lubricant next time??
    Actually, it was a message from the mafia. ;)
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Iff the The Ashcroft poll was a harbinger then it will be 200 EMICAWNBPM (Ed Miliband is crap and will never be Prime Minister)
    Ah Ashcroft, the new Gold Standard.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

dr_spyn said:

Actually it was to do with the closure of the local steelworks - the populace had seen Labour splash out millions to save Rover 'in a marginal seat' and therefore expected the same in Redcar.

But Redcar wasn't a Labour marginal (at least no then) - so labour didn't save the plant.
    All that and the bullying led to a 22% swing, against Vera and her incontinent dog.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1236839/Solicitor-General-Vera-Baird-embroiled-row-failing-pick-dogs-mess-railway-station.html
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

I'm prepared to upgrade Ashcroft to the Platinum Standard.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Filleted Farage is on Alex Massie's menu tonight..

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/01/nigel-farage-a-two-bit-demagogue-and-believer-in-lazy-root-causes/

"It would be interesting to discover what Farage thought about the Salman Rushdie affair. I fancy he would have failed that test. I know many of his supporters would have. They would have said – as far too many on the right did at the time – that Rushdie had it coming. That this Paki (sic) scribbler was lucky to be in Britain at all and even more fortunate to be protected by the officers of a state he was happy to insult."
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

"It would be interesting to discover what Farage thought about the Salman Rushdie affair. I fancy he would have failed that test. I know many of his supporters would have. They would have said – as far too many on the right did at the time – that Rushdie had it coming. That this Paki (sic) scribbler was lucky to be in Britain at all and even more fortunate to be protected by the officers of a state he was happy to insult."

How utterly bizarre.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Oh, you look nervous! Is it the ELBOWs? You wanna know how I got 'em?

:)
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

The Diamondillium Standard.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Farage to release book ahead of election
    Nigel Farage is to release a book before the general election, it has been announced.

‘The Purple Revolution’ will detail the “untold story of the journey Ukip has travelled” under Mr Farage’s leadership, Biteback Publishing says.

It will come out on 5 March, ahead of May’s vote and will also set out “what Ukip would be prepared to accept in the event of a hung parliament”. http://www.politicshome.com/
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Ed "The Joker' Miliband?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

The Diamondillium Standard.
    Working on the American Express system Ashcroft is the Black Charge Card.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2015/01/nigel-farage-a-two-bit-demagogue-and-believer-in-lazy-root-causes/

I reckon he might have to say "Special's off.. .I didn't know how to cook it"

He falls into the age old trap of asking questions, answering them himself, and drawing conclusions from his own answers... The quote you provide is the best example of how poor an article it is
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited January 2015
    TGOHF said:

The comments are tediously predictable, as you might imagine. Then again, it's hard to imagine a more obvious piece of kipper-trolling click-bait.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    edited January 2015
    "It would be interesting to discover what Farage thought about the Salman Rushdie affair. I fancy he would have failed that test.

That is by far the worst critique of Farage I have ever read. Goodness knows how it got past the Speccie's editors.

Emotional, illogical, badly structured, personally insulting and taking issue (badly) with statements Farage has never made, and political positions he has never adopted.

Quite simply it is a piece of sh8t.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Nigel Farage is to release a book before the general election, it has been announced.

‘The Purple Revolution’ will detail ...., Biteback Publishing says.

Didn't have him down as a Prince fan - What's his favourite track ? "When Doug crys " ?

• Options
    TGOHF said:

Rubbish again from Massie on anything re Farage or UKIP. Massie makes it up as he goes along.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Massie makes it up as he goes along.

That article, if it even deserves that term, reads like it was written at 2am by someone who was completely p8ssed.
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704
    RodCrosby said:

French Police: "the terrorists' weapons came from overseas."

Ed Millibands weaponised NHS were the source?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Didn't have him down as a Prince fan - What's his favourite track ? "When Doug crys " ?

"Tonight we gonna party like it's 1959!"
  • Options

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

"Tonight we gonna party like it's 1959!"
    Little Red Ed Carveup ?

• Options
    Followed by...
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Didn't have him down as a Prince fan - What's his favourite track ? "When Doug crys" ?
    "U Got the Look" [so we're going to deport you]
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Nothing Compares to U(kip).
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

Ed "The Joker' Miliband?
    [burning a pile of money] "It's not about money... it's about sending a message. Everything burns!"
  • Options
    Anorak said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Didn't have him down as a Prince fan - What's his favourite track ? "When Doug crys" ?
    Raspberry (but not one picked by a Lithuanian farm worker) Beret...

• Options
    Neil said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

(U)Kiss!
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Neil said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Purple Reign
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

Pulpstar said:

From YouGov alone, at the rate of five polls per week, there will have been more than 1,000 opinion polls. Out of 1000 opinion polls you would expect nearly 3 that had an error of 3+ standard deviations.

This sort of thing might form the basis for a little game during the election campaign. We could try to identify the least accurate opinion poll in the period from the formal start of the election campaign to polling day itself.
    How would you measure which is the least accurate? Each poll is a snapshot, not a prediction.
    Obviously you would have to make the assumption that the true underlying state of the Nation's Opinion was unmoved by the theatre of the election campaign.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Gett off (To Muslims and immigrants)
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    Anorak said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Petro Talk To Russia
    Anotherimmigrantholenyohead
    I feel for EU
    Let's Go Crazy
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,869

dr_spyn said:

Yeah all the polling shows the Lib Dems in Redcar are going to thrashed like a dominatrix's slave.
    I loved your opening of a can of electoral whoop-ass earlier. I may be stealing that.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

"Sexist M***** F***er" ?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

‘The Purple Revolution’ will detail the “untold story of the journey Ukip has travelled” under Mr Farage’s leadership, Biteback Publishing says.

It will come out on 5 March, ahead of May’s vote and will also set out “what Ukip would be prepared to accept in the event of a hung parliament”. http://www.politicshome.com/

Normally* politicians wait until after losing an election to publish a book and cash in. Has Farage been too busy with this book to do the hard yards to win a Westminster seat? Shades of flying about in a plane on polling day, perhaps.

* Brown is the obvious exception, as he was in so many ways.
  • Options
    isam said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

Purple Reign
    Purple Stain mair like...
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

"Sexist M***** F***er" ?
    Ian Paisley Park!
  • Options
    If there's a nighthawks tonight I think you might be able to guess which artist will be subtly mentioned in Nighthawks.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

"Sexist M***** F***er" ?
    Ian Paisley Park!
    Hee hee - Sunil winning here !
  • Options

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

(U)Kiss!
    If he refused to become Taoiseach

"I could never take the place of yer man"
  • Options

If there's a nighthawks tonight I think you might be able to guess which artist will be subtly mentioned in Nighthawks.

Political Partyman!
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

I wouldn't imagine he'd go crazy over The Black Album, or The Rainbow Children.
  • Options

Sheena EU-ston ?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    SNP targets:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At91c3wX1Wu5dEpmY19JSTdHWm02WUZRWE1NY2xraFE&usp=drive_web#gid=0
    antifrank said:

Aberdeen North
    Ayrshire North & Arran
    Dunbartonshire East
    Edinburgh North & Leith
    Edinburgh West
    Glasgow North
    Glasgow East
    Kilmarnock & Loudoun
    Stirling

• Options
    TGOHF said:

That's just a rant. Massie is fast approaching Matthew Parris levels of emotional hyperbole and irrationality when it comes to UKIP.
  • Options
    I wouldn't die for EU.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,352
    For information (my information),

The independent inquiry set up by Eric Pickles, and led by Louise Casey, to examine Rotherham council's governance, services for children and young people, and taxi and private hire licensing, was due to report by the end of November 2014. Has it reported yet?

I can't find any sign of it.

I don't want to re-open the discussion; I'm just curious.
  • Options

I wouldn't die for EU.

Europe: The Final Countdown.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    The price of WTI and Brent Crude have converged at about $45.9. Recently WTI has always been a few dollars cheaper:

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy/
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,818
    edited January 2015
    CD13 said:

For information (my information),

The independent inquiry set up by Eric Pickles, and led by Louise Casey, to examine Rotherham council's governance, services for children and young people, and taxi and private hire licensing, was due to report by the end of November 2014. Has it reported yet?

I can't find any sign of it.

I don't want to re-open the discussion; I'm just curious.

If I recall an extension was granted until this month.

Edit. Yeah it should be out this Friday

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/380762/141127_PR_letter_to_LC_deadline_extention.pdf
  • Options
    isam said:

TGOHF said:

I reckon he might have to say "Special's off.. .I didn't know how to cook it"

He falls into the age old trap of asking questions, answering them himself, and drawing conclusions from his own answers... The quote you provide is the best example of how poor an article it is
    It also shows how low and cheap Spectator editors have become.
  • Options
    O/T - I'm not sure about Flick Drummonds latest campaign poster for Portsmouth South:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/steerpike/2015/01/flick-drummond/
  • Options

O/T - I'm not sure about Flick Drummonds latest campaign poster for Portsmouth South:

Even at a normal viewing distance...

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,139

dr_spyn said:

Quite the image. Yeah, in such a party heartland people don't care about local party shambles I suspect, the only reason the Parliamentary vote collapsed for Labour was punishment for the job losses there, it would have returned to form even without the LDs joining up with the Tories I suspect.
  • Options

Just "Drummond" would suffice, given the last name comes first on the ballot paper (or is at least emphasised).
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

I can't decide if it's a net vote winner or loser for her.
  • Options

I was watching an episode of 'Allo 'Allo.

Flick of the Gestapo answers the phone with

"Flick, The Gestapo [pause], no I said FLICK the Gestapo"
  • Options
    Farage's liking Prince makes me wonder how many Prince lyrics Farage has listened to -- the stuff about incest ("My sister never made love to anyone else but me") or copulating inside cars?
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,352
    Mr Eagles,

Thanks, much appreciated. I thought someone on here would know.

It's now January 16th.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

dr_spyn said:

Flick Hancock, vote Drummond.

Can't be worse than the current MP.

• Options
    ‘It’s bloody embarrassing but also bloody hilarious,’ a local Tory source says. LOL!!!
  • Options
    Do we now refer to Nigel Farage as "an unpronounceable symbol"

also known as the "Love Symbol"
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Her opponents will say it shows the Tories are incompetent. I suspect the voters will just laugh.
  • Options

Nigel's new symbols/name letter "W" followed by an "anchor" symbol.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Her opponents will say it shows the Tories are incompetent. I suspect the voters will just laugh.
    Reminds me of the tale of the vicar who invited Diana Dors, ne Fluck to open his church fete.

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/opinions/graymatter/8726435.Vicar_s_Diana_Dors_clanger_at_the_church_fete/?ref=ms
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

Well they are only mockups, despite what your original post said!
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

Reminds me of the tale of the vicar who invited Diana Dors, ne Fluck to open his church fete.

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/opinions/graymatter/8726435.Vicar_s_Diana_Dors_clanger_at_the_church_fete/?ref=ms
    I was in a meeting last year with men with the following surnames.

Balloch, Cockburn and Cummings.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

Those sound like excellent stage names for Victorian-era pornographic actors ;)
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

If she does win she might find she has very busy weekly constituency surgeries.
  • Options
    RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

The meeting was in Scotland, I asked a Scottish friend on how to pronunce them.

He said to pronunce as they sound and I should remember Scots take great offence if you pronunce their family names wrong.
  • Options
    RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

Well they are only mockups, despite what your original post said!
    Shame. It would certainly add voter recognition.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Just "Drummond" would suffice, given the last name comes first on the ballot paper (or is at least emphasised).
    Or "Flick DRUMMOND".

Few people will think much of a minor typographical difference between the Conservative candidates for Portsmouth South and Portsmouth North.

• Options

RobD said:

Or "Flick DRUMMOND".

Few people will think much of a minor typographical difference between the Conservative candidates for Portsmouth South and Portsmouth North.

Depends how bad your OCD is, I suppose!
  • Options

RobD said:

dr_spyn said:

dr_spyn said:

The meeting was in Scotland, I asked a Scottish friend on how to pronunce them.

He said to pronunce as they sound and I should remember Scots take great offence if you pronunce their family names wrong.
    I'm disappointed he didn't tell you they were 'quite a mouthful'.

I'll get my coat.....
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    edited January 2015
    One for David Cameron:

https://i.imgur.com/BpOtRCf.jpg

The irony of him pushing this after a terrorist attack where we already knew of the suspects via existing methods is absurd. He's using a tragedy to expand government power, despite the proposals being unrelated to this attack.
  • Options

I think you've confused him with that nice Mark Reckless.
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322

MikeK said:

Normally* politicians wait until after losing an election to publish a book and cash in. Has Farage been too busy with this book to do the hard yards to win a Westminster seat? Shades of flying about in a plane on polling day, perhaps.

* Brown is the obvious exception, as he was in so many ways.
    Or maybe he's writing a book as part of the election campaign as a way to get media attention? Surely that wasn't too hard to figure out?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Aberdeen North
    Ayrshire North & Arran
    Dunbartonshire East
    Edinburgh North & Leith
    Edinburgh West
    Glasgow North
    Glasgow East
    Kilmarnock & Loudoun
    Stirling

Actually, thinking aout this a bit more I'd want a poll of Berwickshire, Roxburgh & Selkirk. Various results It would say a lot about the SNP, the Lib Dems, and the Conservatives.
  • Options

I think you've confused him with that nice Mark Reckless.
    I'll send you a vanilla message in a few minutes.

Which will amuse you.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193

Her opponents are going to be out with the Tippex.....
This discussion has been closed.