Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If you were think of betting on LAB following this afternoo

124»

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

Sean_F said:

surbiton said:

Socrates said:

surbiton said:

taffys said:

The left have Farage banged to rights on twitter. Apparently he has talked about ''standing up for our Judeo-Christian Culture.''

Well, it's all over bar the shouting now. That's it for Farage. The cats out of the bag. The sh8t's hit the fan. The mask has slipped. Other cliches suggesting UKIP have had it.

Quiz:

Who killed 6m Jews in 1939-45 ?

a) Christians. b) Buddhists c) Al-Qaeda in the AP d ) IS e) Any other Muslim

If Hitler was any religion, he was a deist. Most of the rest of the leading Nazis were primarily interested in German paganism or the occult.

The pogroms ?
    Christians, Muslims, and pagans.

Yes, somehow Muslims will have to be included. I hadn't realised that the official religion of Tsarist Russia was Islam.

"Fiddler on the Roof" needs to be re-written.
    I took "pogrom" to mean State-sponsored violence against Jews. Across the centuries, that has been carried out by Christian, Muslim, and Pagan governments.
    That is what it means, and you answered his question correctly. I am obviously deeply sorry about calling him a moron, but it's an easy mistake to make. If you have a particular aversion to the number 10, how intelligent is it to put up a post saying: "Quiz: what is the square root of 100?"
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    edited January 2015
    Spivakovsky questions the death rate, suspecting it to be an example of "the usual hyperbole in numerical estimates, with which history abounds."

Odd there are no laws against her saying that...
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    RodCrosby said:

Spivakovsky questions the death rate, suspecting it to be an example of "the usual hyperbole in numerical estimates, with which history abounds."

Not allowed to go down this route, but "Did 6m really die?" has never struck me as a knock-down rhetorical question. I mean, if the true figure was only 6,000, does that actually make much of a difference to anything?

Just saying.

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    edited January 2015
    Ishmael_X said:

RodCrosby said:

Not allowed to go down this route, but "Did 6m really die?" has never struck me as a knock-down rhetorical question. I mean, if the true figure was only 6,000, does that actually make much of a difference to anything?

Just saying.

Well, it makes 5.994 millions worth of difference...

Margin of Error, I suppose.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Moses_ said:

AndyJS said:

Tories leading in the Midlands surprises you? I'll bet a considerable amount they'll win the popular vote in the Midlands rather easily.

Trying hard to suspend my disbelief at the flaws in the Ashcroft poll eg sudden spike in Green support, drop in red Libs , Tories leading in the Midlands, higher Labour certainty to vote not reflected in the final analysis.I could point to more flaws in this poll but I feel sorry for Ashcroft for wasting so much money on such nonsense.

Jaguar have just announced their new vehicle is to be built in their plant in Brum. 1300 jobs created in the next few months and then further expansion.

Nice looking car as well.
    Inward investment - where will it go to if we walk out of the EU?
    Merseyside. North East. Derby Coventry Birmingham Swindon Oxford Luton Southampton Dagenham Bridgend Crewe Goodwood.
    All examples of inward investment. Swindon produces every 3 and 4 cylinder engine BMW sell all over the world. Ford produce nearly 2 million engines at Bridgend. and Dagenham. The whole country is affected, except Scotland - but thats where the petrol comes from. I have no idea how the voting will go in these places but the companies there have mostly increased employment significantly. With that increase comes the additional service providing jobs.

It looks like a Jaguar version of the Evoque, and as far as I have read recently JLR are looking at producing a brace of cars smaller than that. Where do we want them built? We know where they are going to be sold. China. Probably to the directors of companies that make cheap tat. We cannot exist unless the rest of the world is economically active.
  • Options
    HHemmelig said:

Ishmael_X said:

HHemmelig said:

Yet again, a potentially interesting thread ruined by people endlessly prattling on about Islam and Muslims. Give it a rest for heavens sake.

This site was like this before you did it the honour of joining it in December 2014, and will probably remain like this if you disappoint us all by deciding to feck off to the far side of feck, and then keep right on fecking off some more.
    Actually I've been posting here, from time to time, since the site began in 2004.
    I concur with your thoughts and am impressed with the hallowed reverence for freedom of speech with which your comment was greeted.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Socrates said:
    I expect he's unpopular on Tumblr as well.
    Don't they actually want him on a tumbrel - or is my dyslexia acting up again?
This discussion has been closed.