Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Main party switchers to UKIP in the key battlegrounds repre

Comments

• Options
    Neil said:

woody662 said:

BenM said:

So, as I thought would happen, the Tory Labour spending dossier and press conference turned into a bit of a car crash.

The Tories have nothing to boast about on the economy. And it shows.

What was the name of that spoof poster on here a few years ago, Adrian something?
    Adrian Harper. Many have tried but few have succeeded in reaching similar heights of spoofdom.

I dunno. BenM and malcolmG are clearly not meant to be real.
  • Options

Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SNP on 51 seats ? Are they asking secret Canadians ?
    SMAPS has them on 57.
    Guido picking up the "secret Canadians bull shine"

http://order-order.com/2015/01/05/social-media-sentiment-is-a-myth-just-ask-alex-salmond/
    What on earth is this Canadians thing all about? Is it a reference to the latest group of people meant to save Rangers from insolvency?
    The Canadian pollsters
    Canadian pollsters - about as successful as French military strategists?
    You mean like at Yorktown? Austerlitz? Wagram?

Without the French at the Battle of Yorktown, Americans would be singing God Save The Queen before baseball games.
    Wagram was bloody nearly Cannae with Napoleon as Varro!
    Jena-Auerstadt
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983

Neil said:

Pong said:

Neil said:

malcolmg said:

Fantasy Labour , you could not make it up. Their manifesto is whatever SNP say we will add 1000 to it.
    https://twitter.com/scottishlabour/status/552067774995234816

PS and that is on top of sticking to the Tory spending budget.

Jesus but that has to be one of the most desperate and ridiculous election pledges ever. Presumably free lollypops for all was vetoed.
    Is that poster serious?

My god.
    I hadnt considered that it might have been a genius photoshop effort by a cybernat.

Please let that be the case. I'm not a particular fan of SLAB, I just dont want to witness politics being reduced to this.

That poster is genuine.
    Jim Murphy has a lot of work to do if that's the case.
  • Options

Neil said:

woody662 said:

BenM said:

So, as I thought would happen, the Tory Labour spending dossier and press conference turned into a bit of a car crash.

The Tories have nothing to boast about on the economy. And it shows.

What was the name of that spoof poster on here a few years ago, Adrian something?
    Adrian Harper. Many have tried but few have succeeded in reaching similar heights of spoofdom.

I dunno. BenM and malcolmG are clearly not meant to be real.
    I long had you down as a spoof except that you're not funny.
  • Options
    My God, it looks like it's real. And if anything, some of the other official SLAB tweets are even worse:

twitter.com/scottishlabour

How about this one for the politics of spite:

@jimmurphymp: We will fund #1000Nurses using money Scotland gets from a mansion tax across UK. 95% will be levied in the South East of UK.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,340

malcolmg said:

Fantasy Labour , you could not make it up. Their manifesto is whatever SNP say we will add 1000 to it..

That must be a spoof, surely?
    It is real, hard to believe.
  • Options
    Time to up the bets on the SNP, methinks....
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,062
    Mr. Nabavi, is that genuine, or a spoof account [the 95% tweet not the poster]?

The Conservatives should put it on a campaign poster.
  • Options

Genuine
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,087
    Neil said:

malcolmg said:

Fantasy Labour , you could not make it up. Their manifesto is whatever SNP say we will add 1000 to it.
    https://twitter.com/scottishlabour/status/552067774995234816

PS and that is on top of sticking to the Tory spending budget.

Jesus but that has to be one of the most desperate and ridiculous election pledges ever. Presumably free lollypops for all was vetoed.
    If I were Scottish, I'd vote for whichever party was best placed to beat Labour, including the SNP, after seeing that dreck.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,222
    edited January 2015

My God, it looks like it's real. And if anything, some of the other official SLAB tweets are even worse:

@jimmurphymp: We will fund #1000Nurses using money Scotland gets from a mansion tax across UK. 95% will be levied in the South East of UK.

It's terrible, what can happen to brains over Hogmanay!
  • Options
    I'm willing to stake 25 quid on Labour having zero to 3 MPs in Scotland.
  • Options

Genuine.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

If they put it on a poster, it would only help Labour. "Give the South East a kicking" would be wildly popular everywhere in the UK apart from the SE itself.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,743
    edited January 2015

The Tories Press Conference- without the behind the scenes campaign for the next Tory leadership election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0j5GOlC9VA

David Williams ‏@dwilliamsHSJ · 4h4 hours ago
    Worst Kraftwerk gig EVER

https://twitter.com/dwilliamsHSJ/status/552075606998130689
  • Options

Oh, so they wont be devolving the mansion tax to Holyrood then. So much for Home Rule.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,227
    SLAB is so screwed when the SNP pledges an infinite number of new nurses.....
  • Options
    Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond Posts: 1,939
    edited January 2015

Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

http://order-order.com/2015/01/05/social-media-sentiment-is-a-myth-just-ask-alex-salmond/
    What on earth is this Canadians thing all about? Is it a reference to the latest group of people meant to save Rangers from insolvency?
    The Canadian pollsters

Without the French at the Battle of Yorktown, Americans would be singing God Save The Queen before baseball games.
    Jena-Auerstadt
    I'll see your Jena-Auerstadt and I'll raise you the Six Days' Campaign (the successive battles of Champaubert, Montmirail, Chateau-Thierry, and Vauchamps) - four victories between 10 and 15 February 1814!
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

If they put it on a poster, it would only help Labour. "Give the South East a kicking" would be wildly popular everywhere in the UK apart from the SE itself.
    They might put it on posters in the south east only though. Tories can be crafty like that.

• Options
    Mr. 565, taxing the English to pay for Scottish nurses would not be.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited January 2015
    My memory must be fading a bit - wasn't there something in the dim distant past about 'One Nation Labour'? Must have been under a different leader, of course. John Smith, perhaps?
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322

Labour are an anti-English party. That is now quite clear.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

They should pledge to cut Nurses by 2000
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters

Jena-Auerstadt
    I'll see your Jena-Auerstadt and I'll raise you the Six Days' Campaign (the successive battles of Champaubert, Montmirail, Chateau-Thierry, Vauchamps) - four victories between 10 and 15 February 1814!
    There was also Friedland!
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

I'm happy to stick my neck out on this.

Extra taxes on the English, to fund additional public spending on the Scottish, will go down like a cup of cold sick, South of the Border.

• Options
    SNP deliver free school meals for P1-P3 children. Labour pledge free meals up to Primary 1003.
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Or pledges to reduce the number of nurses by 2000, thus allowing Nicola to attack Labour on the grounds they'd cut 1000 nurses...

Edit: I see isam had exactly the same thought!
  • Options

And how many will Labour have left in London.....?
  • Options

I can still Sturgeon letting out an evil laugh, putting her left pinky up to the corner of her mouth and cackling, "one MILLION nurses ... oh, wait...".

• Options
    Mr. F, UKIP should bang on about it as well (could be a chance for them to emphasise the UK rather than IP aspect of the party).

Scottish Labour do appear to be so stupid and vindictive they're actually going to harm Labour in England. No wonder the SNP are treating them like Hannibal treated Varro.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Since Labour (Well Ed Balls and Chris Leslie) have been on the news claiming the Tory dossier of spending commitments is dodgy, the Tories are inviting each Labour shadow cabinet member to publicly disown the commitments they made...

this will have some way to run
  • Options
    Neil said:

Danny565 said:

They might put it on posters in the south east only though. Tories can be crafty like that.

By my reckoning, Labour has about 20 target seats in London and the South East.

• Options
    After that Jim Murphy tweet and the recent news on the oil price, isn't it about time that each home nations only gets to spend what is raised locally? I'm sick of my money being sent north to subsidise a nation that is constantly flirting with leaving the union - and then having the cheek to claim politics is rigged in favour of us!
  • Options

Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters

Jena-Auerstadt
    I'll see your Jena-Auerstadt and I'll raise you the Six Days' Campaign (the successive battles of Champaubert, Montmirail, Chateau-Thierry, Vauchamps) - four victories between 10 and 15 February 1814!
    The man was class.

The best thing about the 1814 campaign is that it makes Wellington look better in 1815. If Napoleon had been crap for 10 years before Waterloo it would be easier for the diehards to claim that Wellington survived only because Napoleon was past it. In fact the dodgy Eyetie was clearly well on top of "it" as recently as 16 months before, since when he'd had a nice long rest!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,067

And how many will Labour have left in London.....?
    Loads.
  • Options
    Neil said:

Danny565 said:

Sneaky !
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited January 2015
    Sean_F said:

Danny565 said:

Extra taxes on the English, to fund additional public spending on the Scottish, will go down like a cup of cold sick, South of the Border.

If it's only for Scotland, then yes. If it's for the whole of the UK, then no.

I honestly think among the average northerner, there is more resentment towards the South East (and London) than there is towards Scotland.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    It's very tragic to see devolution biting Labour on the arse like this. But it's refreshing to see that Jim Murphy is clearly not running a branch office.
  • Options
    The other curious thing about those SLAB tweets is that they suggest we're going to have to revise our opinions of Jim Murphy. What on earth has got into the guy (other than panic, of course)? I'd always thought of him as one of the smart Labour figures.
  • Options

The other curious thing about those SLAB tweets is that they suggest we're going to have to revise our opinions of Jim Murphy. What on earth has got into the guy (other than panic, of course)? I'd always thought of him as one of the smart Labour figures.

I guess he wants to hold his seat :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2015

Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters

Jena-Auerstadt
    The man was class.

The best thing about the 1814 campaign is that it makes Wellington look better in 1815. If Napoleon had been crap for 10 years before Waterloo it would be easier for the diehards to claim that Wellington survived only because Napoleon was past it. In fact the dodgy Eyetie was clearly well on top of "it" as recently as 16 months before, since when he'd had a nice long rest!
    Even on Waterloo day, there was Wavre (and Ligny a couple of days beforehand)...
  • Options

Mr. F, UKIP should bang on about it as well (could be a chance for them to emphasise the UK rather than IP aspect of the party).

Scottish Labour do appear to be so stupid and vindictive they're actually going to harm Labour in England. No wonder the SNP are treating them like Hannibal treated Varro.

At this point, both the SNP and Scottish Labour regard the English as people to exploit and extract as much from as they possible can. Scottish politics has become a parasite on the rest of the union.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Ed's going to have to reign in the branch office. If this is how SLAB plans to fight the SNP, then it's going to hurt labour in the english cities.
  • Options
    Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

Something had to take the place of the obsession with Salmond's wife.

The latest potential saviour of The Rangers is, as the Sun put it, a hoops man.

http://tinyurl.com/p7e6l5o
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Sean_F said:

Danny565 said:

I honestly think among the average northerner, there is more resentment towards the South East (and London) than there is towards Scotland.
    Resentment for sending billions of pounds north every week? That sounds like the old adage about the French forgiving the Germans for occupation, but never being able to forgive the Brits and the Americans for liberation.
  • Options
    Mr. Price, tragic? It's watching an idiot who fed a dragon suddenly feel its fiery breath.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Pong said:

Ed's going to have to reign in the branch office. If this is how SLAB plans to fight the SNP, then it's going to hurt labour in the english cities.

More to the point it's going to hurt Labour in Scotland. It just looks completely desperate, which is never a good look if you're trying to get people to vote for you.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    On Dunbartonshire East, the patent antifrank SNP detector predicts the following result:

Lib Dems 20.2%
    Labour 31%
    Conservatives 14.1%
    SNP 33.1%
    Others 1.6%
    Turnout 83%
  • Options
    Mr. Socrates, at least the SNP are fostering division for an ultimate strategic goal (which would then stop any such financial arrangement).

Also, can't speak for other people from around here, but I don't feel any particular resentment towards London/the South.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

On Dunbartonshire East, the patent antifrank SNP detector predicts the following result:

Lib Dems 20.2%
    Labour 31%
    Conservatives 14.1%
    SNP 33.1%
    Others 1.6%
    Turnout 83%

Excellent. Like others, I'm on Labour at 1/2 and the SNP at 50/1
  • Options
    Socrates said:

After that Jim Murphy tweet and the recent news on the oil price, isn't it about time that each home nations only gets to spend what is raised locally? I'm sick of my money being sent north to subsidise a nation that is constantly flirting with leaving the union - and then having the cheek to claim politics is rigged in favour of us!

Did you never listen during the last 3 years , regardless of oil we send more money south than we ever get back, ie we more than pay our way and some of yours to boot. You southerners live in a fantasy land.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Sean_F said:

Danny565 said:

How do you think the Conservatives are going to present this promise of higher taxes South of the Border, to fund public spending North of the Border, to the English electorate?
  • Options
    Has Jim Murphy deleted that tweet? I can't see it there now.
  • Options
    Please don't take my Scottish seat prognostications too seriously. "Rough and ready" doesn't begin to cover it. Not to mention it takes no account of tactical voting considerations.

I'll try to put together a full list and see what that shows. I'm about halfway through right now. I'm not quite as extreme as the Canadians - I've found a few Labour holds.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    malcolmg said:

Socrates said:

Did you never listen during the last 3 years , regardless of oil we send more money south than we ever get back, ie we more than pay our way and some of yours to boot. You southerners live in a fantasy land.
    I'm sure you'll jump at the chance to pay your own way and be limited to what is raised in Scotland then.
  • Options

antifrank said:

Lib Dems 20.2%
    Labour 31%
    Conservatives 14.1%
    SNP 33.1%
    Others 1.6%
    Turnout 83%

Anyone want to lay me the Lib dems?

I think Swinson is going to hold on.
  • Options
    Mr. Socrates, it was by Scottish Labour 'at' Murphy, he received rather than sent the tweet.

Mr. F, not only that, Health is devolved.

The poster/pledge is several different varieties of stupid.
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Has Jim Murphy deleted that tweet? I can't see it there now.

It's a Scottish Labour tweet.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Danny565 said:

Sean_F said:

Danny565 said:

Well on that basis if SNP pledge (somehow) 5000 extra nurses than Labour will have to pledge 6000 plus the pro rata for England.

There has been and continues to be significant investment in the north of England.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_England_Inward_Investment_Agency

http://www.screenyorkshire.co.uk/funding

etc...
    I suspect your honest thoughts are misplaced.
  • Options
    Pong said:

But he can't. So sad.
  • Options
    Pong said:

antifrank said:

Lib Dems 20.2%
    Labour 31%
    Conservatives 14.1%
    SNP 33.1%
    Others 1.6%
    Turnout 83%

Paddy Power is 9-4 on the Lib Dems there now.
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    A pound shop Ben Elton...???

I'd sue. If I was Ben Elton.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Please don't take my Scottish seat prognostications too seriously. "Rough and ready" doesn't begin to cover it. Not to mention it takes no account of tactical voting considerations.

I'll try to put together a full list and see what that shows. I'm about halfway through right now. I'm not quite as extreme as the Canadians - I've found a few Labour holds.

Willie Bain :) ?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    malcolmg said:

Socrates said:

An indyref with oil at $50 would have been stopped in the 4th round.

2016 aint happening - maybe 2046.

• Options

Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters

Jena-Auerstadt
    The man was class.

Even after Waterloo he had about 150,000 troops in barracks in Paris plus about 500,000 more elsewhere (plus Grouchy's 30,000). He was far too lax far too trusting and far too easily outmanoeuvred politically in Paris in the end.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Pulpstar said:

Pong said:

antifrank said:

Lib Dems 20.2%
    Labour 31%
    Conservatives 14.1%
    SNP 33.1%
    Others 1.6%
    Turnout 83%

Paddy Power is 9-4 on the Lib Dems there now.
    I got 7/2 on Betfair, I'm fishing for 4/1 or higher before Ashcroft polls it :)
  • Options

Commodity Units Price Change % Change Contract Time(ET)
    Crude Oil (WTI) USD/bbl. 50.54 -2.15 -4.08% Feb 15 10:57:44
    Crude Oil (Brent) USD/bbl. 53.55 -2.87 -5.09% Feb 15 10:57:32
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Yes, he just holds on, though his seat becomes a marginal.
  • Options

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

You believe this nonsense divvy ? Figures.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    edited January 2015
    Is there a book being made on the total number of hospitals declaring a "major incident" this winter?
    3 so far.
    (edit to correct lazy spell checker use)
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,668
    So on the same day as Balls is accusing the Tories of lying about "uncosted" spending commitments SLAB are making an absolutely open ended commitment to spend more money on nurses, no matter what?

I mean, seriously, how can you vote tactically for this sort of rubbish?

And the tweet about the Mansion tax. Crass beyond belief. And it is already spent isn't it? http://www.labour.org.uk/blog/entry/six-things-you-need-to-know-about-labours-mansion-tax

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,959
    taffys said:

A pound shop Ben Elton...???

I'd sue. If I was Ben Elton.

I'd sue. If I was pound shop.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited January 2015
    Smarmeron said:

Is there a book being made on the total number of hospitals declaring a "major indecent" this winter?
    3 so far.

Are they having problems paying all the early retiree managers?

Just wait until Nigel sends all the foreign nurses home for not having CSE English.
  • Options
    Neil said:

I can still Sturgeon letting out an evil laugh, putting her left pinky up to the corner of her mouth and cackling, "one MILLION nurses ... oh, wait...".

Sturgeon going from Wee Jimmy Krankie to Dr. evil is quite a shift....
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Smarmeron said:

Is there a book being made on the total number of hospitals declaring a "major indecent" this winter?
    3 so far.

Major Indecent?

Is that the new PPC for Middle Wallop?

This election campaign is getting beyond satire. It is making Eds 2014 Owl policy look sensible!
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

Is there a book being made on the total number of hospitals declaring a "major incident" this winter?
    3 so far.
    (edit to correct lazy spell checker use)

IIRC Stafford never declared they had a "major incident"

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,887
    Bank goes into administration...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30685507

No, not that kind of bank!
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @TheWatcher
    It was nice of the Tories to make them all redundant, then hire them back on, wasn't it?
  • Options

My memory must be fading a bit - wasn't there something in the dim distant past about 'One Nation Labour'? Must have been under a different leader, of course. John Smith, perhaps?

Correct. And this from the Party that gave us devolution!

This pledge has to be utterly insane on so many levels. As I have said previously - this is for a Scottish devolved govt to manage. It has nothing to do with a UK general election. Scottish MPs have nothing to do with the Scottish NHS.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

I believe a 'The Rangers' fan should think long and hard before accusing anyone of credulity.
  • Options
    @SamCoatesTimes: Crude oil drops below $50 a barrel .... Bloomberg
  • Options
    DavidL said:

So on the same day as Balls is accusing the Tories of lying about "uncosted" spending commitments SLAB are making an absolutely open ended commitment to spend more money on nurses, no matter what?

And the tweet about the Mansion tax. Crass beyond belief. And it is already spent isn't it? http://www.labour.org.uk/blog/entry/six-things-you-need-to-know-about-labours-mansion-tax

Is that the Unionist alliance stuffed in the first week of 2015?
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

I believe a 'The Rangers' fan should think long and hard before accusing anyone of credulity.
    54 and counting divvy.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    DavidL said:

Surely the sensible No voting majority in Scotland must be looking at The Scot LDs and Scottish Conservatives more positively? With SLAB going bonkers and SNP not to everyones taste there must be better prospects for a thrifty Unionist party?
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    US oil falls below 50

It seems there's no bottom to this market.
  • Options
    taffys said:

Have the Conservatives told us how they will fund their £7 billion tax cut yet?

Labour = fiscal incontinence
    Conservatives = fiscal incontinence and cash back

Yes. Ask the OBR. The govt plan to create a 23 billion surplus by 2020.

One million public sector jobs will be lost in the 2015-20 parliament, according to the Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR), on top of the 400,000 axed since 2010. But it predicted that 1.8m private sector jobs will be created.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Surely the sensible No voting majority in Scotland must be looking at The Scot LDs and Scottish Conservatives more positively? With SLAB going bonkers and SNP not to everyones taste there must be better prospects for a thrifty Unionist party?
    There isn't the slightest sign of that in the opinion polls as yet.
  • Options
    Mr. Antifrank, it'll be interesting to see to what degree the dismemberment of Scottish Labour's mad poster/pledge affects the polls.
  • Options

Mr. Antifrank, it'll be interesting to see to what degree the dismemberment of Scottish Labour's mad poster/pledge affects the polls.

I expect that it will cement the SNP lead and otherwise not do much. It may make it harder for Scottish Labour to attract tactical votes from the likes of DavidL though.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Labour "just" holding on in Glasgow North East, you'd have been taken away by the men in white coats if you suggested that a few years ago.
  • Options
    In other news...

@thetimes: Panic as euro hits nine-year low against the dollar http://t.co/9ZYA2LaFXp (Pic: Reuters) http://t.co/jaQcfD129U
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Labour "just" holding on in Glasgow North East, you'd have been taken away by the men in white coats if you suggested that a few years ago.
    In five months' time, the men in white coats may yet get a second bite at the cherry, depending on how the results in fact pan out.
  • Options

TBF I doubt if many ordinary voters will notice.

To me it's interesting more because of the desperation it reveals at SLAB.
  • Options

My guess is: not at all.

• Options
    antifrank said:

I expect that it will cement the SNP lead and otherwise not do much. It may make it harder for Scottish Labour to attract tactical votes from the likes of DavidL though.
    DavidL has a "rum choice" it seems...
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Patrick said:

I just received an email from George Osborne. A reasonably nicely balanced bit of trumpet blowing and scaremongering. It ends with:

The choice at the next election is clear.
    Continue on the road to a stronger economy with a competent Conservative team that have a long-term plan.
    Or choose the chaos of Labour's £20.7 billion unfunded spending promises, higher taxes and more borrowing which would take us back to square one.

I agree - but remain to be convinced everyone else does. He's playing the left brain/common sense/logic card. But Labour is playing the NHS religion /left brain/Joseph Goebbels playbook card.

As the irreplaceable George Carlin once said: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” Labour know this.

Isn't the obvious answer for the Tories to say that Labour means YOU will pay HIGHER taxes i.e. make it personal.
    Re 'scaremongering' ...
    ''Ed Miliband denies scaremongering after claiming NHS would vanish under Conservatives''
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/general-election-2015/11325549/Ed-Miliband-denies-scaremongering-after-claiming-NHS-would-vanish-under-Conservatives.html
    And for those who do not think Labour's lost votes have not come from its anti nuclear peacnik wing he also said ... ''he would like to see Britain give up its nuclear weapons in the long term in concert with other atomic powers''. Clearly he does.
    More reasons if there were not already not enough to realise that it is Labour who pose the biggest clear and present danger to the UK.

Punters on Clegg should note ... ''Mr Miliband said he will personally campaign against Nick Clegg, who is facing an insurgency from Labour in Sheffield Hallam.''
  • Options

DavidL said:

Yup. The key is to look for constituencies with high education/ employment levels and a high % no vote. Labour will fall less and the SNP will rise less than the glasgow/inverclyde type seats

I sound a bit like a broken record on this - but Jo Swinson in Dunbartonshire East has a good chance of retaining her seat. Mike Crockart in Edinburgh West @ 5/1 is also a decent bet.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,668

DavidL said:

Is that the Unionist alliance stuffed in the first week of 2015?
    Well, they are not making it easy!
    antifrank said:

You are telling me!

Idiots. Labour just don't know how to handle a party that promises to outspend them. Probably never happened before to any material extent although they did struggle with Tommy Sheridan and his groupies a few years ago.
This discussion has been closed.