Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Main party switchers to UKIP in the key battlegrounds repre

SystemSystem Posts: 11,706
edited January 2015 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Main party switchers to UKIP in the key battlegrounds represent just on 11% of the overall vote

These figures are quite a bit lower than the normal shares for the purples that we see. This is because they are confined to 2010 main party voters only. Balance of support came from OTH or “did not vote”.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,608
    edited January 2015
    Interesting

UKIP might have fizzled out if there hadn't been any defections ?
  • Options
    @montie: Each time Labour confirm they'll cut the SNP&Greens gain voters. @GeorgeEaton gets the Tories' #SplitTheLeft strategy http://t.co/mnmKguO5H8
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Another pre-emptive "FIRST" strike by the "Hallam Tactical Voter One"

Tsk .....
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,006
    edited January 2015
    Please, please, please acknowledge that the "others" that aren't included, include 2010 Kippers when you reference these figures.. you never do, and it makes such a big difference
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    They are probably going to surge more if today's "spats" are typical of the election campaign. People HATE relentless negative campaigning from politicians.
  • Options

@montie: Each time Labour confirm they'll cut the SNP&Greens gain voters. @GeorgeEaton gets the Tories' #SplitTheLeft strategy http://t.co/mnmKguO5H8

It's not so much a 'split the left' strategy as an 'expose Labour as a load of charlatans who want to have their cake and eat it' strategy.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

It's not so much a 'split the left' strategy as an 'expose Labour as a load of charlatans who want to have their cake and eat it' strategy.
    The danger is that negative campaigning by the main parties might drive voters to NOTA -- which is normally harmless but in 2015 means the SNP, UKIP and the Greens.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091

Agreed. I've been banging on for months that this is the Tories' only chance of winning: they're not going to gain (m)any new voters themselves, so their only hope is to try to get Labour to continue to leech off voters to UKIP, the Greens and SNP. And unfortuantely, Labour still haven't learnt not to fall into the Tories' traps, and have obliged by yet again pissing off their many anti-austerity voters while not reassuring the (smaller number of) people who do want yet more spending cuts.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,146

More that Labour want to have YOUR cake and eat it.

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,789
    FPT:
    Roger said:

"Alex Massie reckons its part of a plan to keep Ed off the front pages......."

Well a big mistake then. I thought he was extremely good.

Roger has spoken!

This Tory shall sleep easier tonight.......
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    The danger is that negative campaigning by the main parties might drive voters to NOTA -- which is normally harmless but in 2015 means the SNP, UKIP and the Greens.

Is it really negative campaigning??

I'd call it policy scrutiny. And I reckon people would quite like a bit of that.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited January 2015
    Good Grief. Ed Ball's on Radio 4 calling a dossier 'dodgy', and claiming that Labour won't spend money it doesn't have. Is it 'Pinocchio Day'?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I note that the Conservatives have started their election campaign by attacking Labour's lack of commitment to cuts and suggesting that they won't keep the deficit under control. Well knock me down with a feather.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405

But Richard they are so....nice....
  • Options
    El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 3,882
    I see the surface logic of "split the left", but in reality I suspect that - outside Scotland - this will be another Osbo cunning plan that ends up misfiring.

The underlying assumption is that Green-leaning voters will have no preference between an austerity-inclined Lab and an austerity-inclined Con. This is hugely mistaken.

OGH posted earlier about the impact of tactical voting at GE2015. This will be especially true of the Greens, who will pile up support in safe Conservative seats ("why not vote Green?"). But in Con/Lab marginals, Green votes will go straight to Labour, aided by all the bar charts Labour can produce.

Scotland is a different kettle of fish because most of the battlegrounds are Lab/SNP. But if Osbo's main achievement is to ensure GE2015 results in a Lab/SNP coalition rather than a Lab majority, he won't have done very well.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,146
    taffys said:

Is it really negative campaigning??

I'd call it policy scrutiny. And I reckon people would quite like a bit of that.

Labour don't want scrutiny . Their policies are so flimsy that the only shot in their locker is to have politics tarred with the "they are all as bad as each other" brush. Hence howling down those who raise valid questions at a campaign launch.

It will end very badly for them though.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Pulpstar said:
    SNP on 51 seats ? Are they asking secret Canadians ?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited January 2015
    Danny565 said:

Agreed. I've been banging on for months that this is the Tories' only chance of winning: they're not going to gain (m)any new voters themselves, so their only hope is to try to get Labour to continue to leech off voters to UKIP, the Greens and SNP. And unfortuantely, Labour still haven't learnt not to fall into the Tories' traps, and have obliged by yet again pissing off their many anti-austerity voters while not reassuring the (smaller number of) people who do want yet more spending cuts.
    It's not a Tory trap, though, is it? It's a trap Labour have set for themselves. Going right back to the risible 'Tory cuts vs Labour investment', via 'Too far too fast' and stridently criticising virtually every measure to save money, they've been trying simultaneously to say they'll increase spending (or at least cut it far less than the Conservatives) and to say they are financially prudent at a time when money is scarce. At times they've even had the gall to criticise Osborne for not cutting spending fast enough. The Conservatives are merely pointing out that they can't have it both ways; it's a trap Labour have dug for themselves, and the root cause is that they have been dishonest all along by denying the simple arithmetic of the public finances.
  • Options
    @PopulusPolls: First VI of 2015: Lab 36 (+1), Con 34 (-1), LD 9 (=), UKIP 12 (=), Oth 10 (+1). Tables here: http://t.co/jA937v3hWg
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Bookmaker on changed election odds - short BBC video.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30682983
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    You shall rue the day.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316

@PopulusPolls: First VI of 2015: Lab 36 (+1), Con 34 (-1), LD 9 (=), UKIP 12 (=), Oth 10 (+1). Tables here: http://t.co/jA937v3hWg

Lab only just rounded up to 36 - actual lead was 1.54%.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    MikeL said:

Polls have been very steady - If it wasn't for Scotland Mr Miliband could be measuring up the curtains.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    They don't think UKIP will take Boston and Skeggy either.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    LBC ‏@LBC 7m7 minutes ago
    Speaking to @ShelaghFogarty Sir Ming Campbell predicts that the upcoming election "is going to be a dirty campaign."

Well we know it will by TSE shouting "Vote Tory!" on each post, and you can't get dirtier than that.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    PORBWAS.

Guido Fawkes ‏@GuidoFawkes 1m1 minute ago
    Ed Balls on Russell Brand: "a pound shop Ben Elton".
  • Options

Broken sleazy Selfservatives on the slide!
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,230
    I don't think anyone will pay any attention to nit-picking about this or that policy commitment.

Only something big and bold will have any effect e.g. Labour will tax your house or the Tories will make you pay to go to hospital will get through. The 1992 tax bombshell campaign was quite effective on that score. I haven't seen the equivalent yet - from either side.

And on all the current polls, Labour will end up in government.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    Though intriguingly it seems that they think that Norwich South will go Green.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    Who was the wise fellow who tipped that as a Green gain?

On Norwich related matters, your manager has quit.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

PORBWAS.

I can't see Balls coming out as the victor in this spat. Brand has a loyal following.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    Did you manage to get more than tuppence ha'penny on the Greens there at 25-1 ?
  • Options

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    Who was the wise fellow who tipped that as a Green gain?

On Norwich related matters, your manager has quit.
    I'm sad for him, but I think it's good for the club. It looks as if he was allowed to bow out with dignity rather than be fired.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

The average for polls between 14th and 23rd December inclusive was 2.6%.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    Which is not going to happen.

• Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966

dr_spyn said:

PORBWAS.

I can't see Balls coming out as the victor in this spat. Brand has a loyal following.
    Yes indeed. Its like going on HIGNY to take the piss, its bound to come off badly against people who take it for a living.

• Options
    I just received an email from George Osborne. A reasonably nicely balanced bit of trumpet blowing and scaremongering. It ends with:

The choice at the next election is clear.
    Continue on the road to a stronger economy with a competent Conservative team that have a long-term plan.
    Or choose the chaos of Labour's £20.7 billion unfunded spending promises, higher taxes and more borrowing which would take us back to square one.

I agree - but remain to be convinced everyone else does. He's playing the left brain/common sense/logic card. But Labour is playing the NHS religion /left brain/Joseph Goebbels playbook card.

As the irreplaceable George Carlin once said: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” Labour know this.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,013
    Good afternoon, everyone.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    It was a Paddy Power bet, so sadly not. But if it comes in, it would be good for bragging rights.

It pales into insignificance though when compared with my 250/1 bet on UKIP in Blackpool North & Cleveleys with Stan James. They allowed me even fewer pennies, but still...
  • Options
    Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.
    Guido picking up the "secret Canadians bull shine"

http://order-order.com/2015/01/05/social-media-sentiment-is-a-myth-just-ask-alex-salmond/
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    It was a Paddy Power bet, so sadly not. But if it comes in, it would be good for bragging rights.

It pales into insignificance though when compared with my 250/1 bet on UKIP in Blackpool North & Cleveleys with Stan James. They allowed me even fewer pennies, but still...
    How on earth do you still have an account with Stan James?
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

http://order-order.com/2015/01/05/social-media-sentiment-is-a-myth-just-ask-alex-salmond/
    What on earth is this Canadians thing all about? Is it a reference to the latest group of people meant to save Rangers from insolvency?
  • Options

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

Largely by not placing many bets with them, I think.
  • Options
    Patrick said:

I just received an email from George Osborne. A reasonably nicely balanced bit of trumpet blowing and scaremongering. It ends with:

Continue on the road to a stronger economy with a competent Conservative team that have a long-term plan.
    Or choose the chaos of Labour's £20.7 billion unfunded spending promises, higher taxes and more borrowing which would take us back to square one.

I agree - but remain to be convinced everyone else does. He's playing the left brain/common sense/logic card. But Labour is playing the NHS religion /left brain/Joseph Goebbels playbook card.

As the irreplaceable George Carlin once said: “Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” Labour know this.

https://twitter.com/StormySturgeon/status/551135912923783170
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,230
    Patrick said:

Isn't the obvious answer for the Tories to say that Labour means YOU will pay HIGHER taxes i.e. make it personal.

• Options
    Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

What on earth is this Canadians thing all about? Is it a reference to the latest group of people meant to save Rangers from insolvency?
    Watch this space on the Rangers front Neil - some very good news coming very soon.
  • Options
    Neil said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

I tend to agree with you. But it's always fun to see a long shot bet shorten markedly.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters who conducted polling for Yes telling them they were going to win the Indyref

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/09/24/the-limits-of-private-polling/
  • Options
    woody662woody662 Posts: 255
    Interesting reading the tables of the populus on where the UKIP vote is coming from on 2010 votes, only 2 % of Labour's and 6% of the Lib Dem's 2010 vote. Not sure I buy that.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

I tend to agree with you. But it's always fun to see a long shot bet shorten markedly.
    Equally as fun is speculating about how low the Lib Dems might sink there having won last time out. 4th?
  • Options
    BenMBenM Posts: 1,795
    So, as I thought would happen, the Tory Labour spending dossier and press conference turned into a bit of a car crash.

The Tories have nothing to boast about on the economy. And it shows.
  • Options

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters who conducted polling for Yes telling they were going to win the Indyref

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/09/24/the-limits-of-private-polling/

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters who conducted polling for Yes telling they were going to win the Indyref

And hence some overconfidence from Eck and several posters on here.

As Guido says "naive at best.."

• Options
    antifrank said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

Largely by not placing many bets with them, I think.
    They culled my account after less than a dozen bets, because their terms and conditions allow them to do so if they suspect you're arbing.

Even though I hadn't arbed.

Absolute bloody Charlatans.
  • Options
    BenM said:

So, as I thought would happen, the Tory Labour spending dossier and press conference turned into a bit of a car crash.

Nurse!
  • Options

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters
    Canadian pollsters - about as successful as French military strategists?
  • Options
    Oh come on.

Which Labour SPAD thought it was a good idea to label the Tory dossier, "dodgy"

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/jan/05/labour-tory-dodgy-dossier-spending-commitments
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters
    Were Angus Reid not Canadian ? *innocent face*
  • Options
    Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters
    Maybe even worse.
  • Options

BenM said:

Nurse!
    Time for your meds?
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,403
    Oil is now worth less than 50% of the "worst case" scenario envisaged by the SNP when budgeting for an Independent Scotland, a scenario that they described as a ridiculous scare story by the OBR: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/11325616/Oil-price-tumbles-through-55-barrier-sparking-equity-selloff.html

I think even Labour would struggle to find an example where they have been shown to be so comprehensively and catastrophically wrong in such a brief period. Maybe over longer time scales but less than 4 months?

Despite having economic forecasting abilities that make Gordon Brown look good the SNP are riding high in the polls. It is hard to imagine the panic and misery that we would currently be going through if the people of Scotland were not so sensible. Certainly the first budget for an independent Scotland would have involved cuts that would make Osborne's eyes water and genuine hardship. These people should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,991
    Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

Polls have been very steady - If it wasn't for Scotland Mr Miliband could be measuring up the curtains.
    No one measures the curtains when they're 1-2% ahead - if they've got any sense.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Oil is now worth less than 50% of the "worst case" scenario envisaged by the SNP when budgeting for an Independent Scotland, a scenario that they described as a ridiculous scare story by the OBR: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/energy/oilandgas/11325616/Oil-price-tumbles-through-55-barrier-sparking-equity-selloff.html

I think even Labour would struggle to find an example where they have been shown to be so comprehensively and catastrophically wrong in such a brief period. Maybe over longer time scales but less than 4 months?

Despite having economic forecasting abilities that make Gordon Brown look good the SNP are riding high in the polls. It is hard to imagine the panic and misery that we would currently be going through if the people of Scotland were not so sensible. Certainly the first budget for an independent Scotland would have involved cuts that would make Osborne's eyes water and genuine hardship. These people should be ashamed of themselves.

Ali Darling being half a trillion pounds out on his spending forecasts between his 2008 and 2009 budgets must be close.
  • Options
    If those UKElect guys and gals are right, there is the agreeable prospect of some juicy 50/1 and even longer-odds bets coming good in Scotland.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,991
    woody662 said:

Interesting reading the tables of the populus on where the UKIP vote is coming from on 2010 votes, only 2 % of Labour's and 6% of the Lib Dem's 2010 vote. Not sure I buy that.

Populus tends to find lower figures for UKIP than other pollsters, due to its weightings.

• Options
    calumcalum Posts: 3,046
    Just spotted that William Hill have again slashed their SLAB 0-20 seats prices. Over the last two weeks they have cut them as follows:

0-5 seats - 125/1 down to 8/1
    6-10 seats - 66/1 down to 5/1
    11-15 seats - 20/1 down to 5/1
  • Options
    Neil said:

antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

Equally as fun is speculating about how low the Lib Dems might sink there having won last time out. 4th?
    The poll by Lord Ashcroft had them in fifth behind UKIP. Incidentally, UKIP are 66/1 in that seat with Ladbrokes and I don't see that as a completely silly bet either. In a five way battle, they don't need to get much of a vote share to win, even if the seat demographics are generally pretty poor for them.
  • Options
    Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond Posts: 1,939
    edited January 2015
    DavidL said:

They just want a smaller pond so they personally can be (comparatively) bigger fish. They couldn't give a toss about the other fish, or the pond.

It's not like Lenin was ashamed of himself for having created the Soviet Union. Likewise, Labour doesn't apologise for keeping people poor so they'll keep voting Labour.

It was never about benefiting the proles. It's all about what's best for the party.
  • Options
    ''Despite having economic forecasting abilities that make Gordon Brown look good the SNP are riding high in the polls. ''

The SNP is surely riding high because it represents the best chance of screwing the best deal for Scotland out of the English.

None of the others will ever put Scottish voters first.
  • Options

If those UKElect guys and gals are right, there is the agreeable prospect of some juicy 50/1 and even longer-odds bets coming good in Scotland.

The £10 I had on the SNP in Dunbartonshire East looks like it may be a better bet than the £200 I had on 1-2 on Labour there. Seems counter-intuitive that you'd want a £200 wager to lose and a £10 one to win.... but that is betting.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,738
    Sean_F said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeL said:

No one measures the curtains when they're 1-2% ahead - if they've got any sense.
    Surely unless they've remodelled the windows since 2010, the previous curtain measurements can just be reused???

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    DavidL said:

If this oil price crash had happened 6 months prior, I wonder what the results would have been.

Oh, mustn't forget the customary "you'll rue the day" ;)
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,738
    Have the Conservatives told us how they will fund their £7 billion tax cut yet?

Or the full results of their postal primary in Rochester, for that matter.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

woody662 said:

Populus tends to find lower figures for UKIP than other pollsters, due to its weightings.

Not a great poll that for UKIP actually, they are below the 300 respondents line which is the first thing I look for in the Populus tables for them.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,114
    DavidL said:

I see the Tories still cannot get out of the past. No policies , no MP's or MSP's but they can console themselves that oil has dropped in price and in their fantasy independent Scotland we are skint.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

The poll by Lord Ashcroft had them in fifth behind UKIP. Incidentally, UKIP are 66/1 in that seat with Ladbrokes and I don't see that as a completely silly bet either. In a five way battle, they don't need to get much of a vote share to win, even if the seat demographics are generally pretty poor for them.
    If UKIP win in Norwich South then prepare for PM Farage.

• Options
    edited January 2015
    Fantasy Labour , you could not make it up. Their manifesto is whatever SNP say we will add 1000 to it.
    https://twitter.com/scottishlabour/status/552067774995234816

PS and that is on top of sticking to the Tory spending budget.
  • Options
    It's comforting to watch the Tories massively overspinning their very poor record.

• Options
    Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters
    You mean like at Yorktown? Austerlitz? Wagram?

Without the French at the Battle of Yorktown, Americans would be singing God Save The Queen before baseball games.
  • Options
    Mr. Calum, those are some damned hefty drops.
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Neil said:

antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

I have only one thing to say to that.

How easy is it to emigrate to Ireland and become a citizen?
  • Options

Neil said:

Neil said:

TGOHF said:

Alistair said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:
    SMAPS has them on 57.

The Canadian pollsters
    You mean like at Yorktown? Austerlitz? Wagram?

Without the French at the Battle of Yorktown, Americans would be singing God Save The Queen before baseball games.
    Wagram was bloody nearly Cannae with Napoleon as Varro!
  • Options
    Mr. G, entirely agree, it's ridiculous.

It's "Whatever you say plus one" from children's arguments (they promised something similar on spending more than whatever the evil Tories would spend).

It also puts them in the absurd position of having another party dictate their own policy.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Fantasy Labour , you could not make it up. Their manifesto is whatever SNP say we will add 1000 to it.

Jesus but that has to be one of the most desperate and ridiculous election pledges ever. Presumably free lollypops for all was vetoed.
  • Options
    Scottish election campaign: Vote SNP and get a free unicorn! Vote Labour to receive a unicorn AND a pony!
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    edited January 2015

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Neil said:

antifrank said:

Pulpstar said:

TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

I have only one thing to say to that.

How easy is it to emigrate to Ireland and become a citizen?
    The Irish would never let you in TSE, they can tell a foreigner a mile off. ;)
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Fantasy Labour , you could not make it up. Their manifesto is whatever SNP say we will add 1000 to it..

That must be a spoof, surely?
  • Options
    woody662woody662 Posts: 255
    BenM said:

What was the name of that spoof poster on here a few years ago, Adrian something?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited January 2015
    Pulpstar said:

The £10 I had on the SNP in Dunbartonshire East looks like it may be a better bet than the £200 I had on 1-2 on Labour there. Seems counter-intuitive that you'd want a £200 wager to lose and a £10 one to win.... but that is betting.
    Make sure you cover the Lib Dems in East Dumbartonshire. The demographics are not particularly SNP friendly and the LD's could well hold on.

It's a weird constituency.
  • Options
    I love the "we" in that pledge - "We will fund".

Presumably that's "we" in the traditional Labour sense of "you", or more specifically, "I".

Why don't they change their logo to a big red hand held out for other people's money? The moral incompetence would still be there but the honesty, from Tony Blair's party, would be refreshing.
  • Options
    Have the Conservatives told us how they will fund their £7 billion tax cut yet?

Labour = fiscal incontinence
    Conservatives = fiscal incontinence and cash back

• Options
    taffys said:

''Despite having economic forecasting abilities that make Gordon Brown look good the SNP are riding high in the polls. ''

The SNP is surely riding high because it represents the best chance of screwing the best deal for Scotland out of the English.

None of the others will ever put Scottish voters first.

The dullards on here cannot see that , they prefer us to be shafted forever.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    Neil said:

malcolmg said:

Jesus but that has to be one of the most desperate and ridiculous election pledges ever. Presumably free lollypops for all was vetoed.
    Is that poster serious?

My god.
  • Options
    woody662 said:

BenM said:

What was the name of that spoof poster on here a few years ago, Adrian something?
    Adrian Harper. Many have tried but few have succeeded in reaching similar heights of spoofdom.

• Options
    F1: Caterham's administrators won't fund testing. So, if they haven't found a buyer by then (talks are ongoing) they won't attend:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30681394
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Scottish election campaign: Vote SNP and get a free unicorn! Vote Labour to receive a unicorn AND a pony!

the good news malcolm is that with oil at $50, the cost of lubricant is down, so it will cost you less money to make it hurt a bit less when the SNP smashes Scotland up its collective ginger-fluffed tartan chanter stock* next year.

the arse of prosperity indeed.

* that's a bagpipe part BTW. don't mention it
  • Options
    edited January 2015
    Pong said:

Neil said:

malcolmg said:

Is that poster serious?

My god.
    I hadnt considered that it might have been a genius photoshop effort by a cybernat.

Please let that be the case. I'm not a particular fan of SLAB, I just dont want to witness politics being reduced to this.

• Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    The Tories Press Conference- without the behind the scenes campaign for the next Tory leadership election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0j5GOlC9VA
  • Options
    Neil said:

Pong said:

Neil said:

malcolmg said:

Is that poster serious?

My god.
    I hadnt considered that it might have been a genius photoshop effort by a cybernat.

Please let that be the case. I'm not a particular fan of SLAB, I just dont want to witness politics being reduced to this.

That poster is genuine.
This discussion has been closed.