Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ashcroft Rochester poll has Reckless on course to win next

124»

Comments

• Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,901
    SeanT said:

May have been discussed (I've been workin'). But have other pb-ers been to the Poppies at the Tower?

I went last night. It is beautiful, moving and astonishing and, I suspect, the greatest piece of public art I will see in my lifetime.

This video, with brilliant drone footage of the poppies, has just been seen by 1 million people in a day, on just one website:

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=404817039669967

Very impressive.
    Not seen it personally due to living 180 miles away. But I'm quite impressed with the number of people on my facebook feed - many not from London - who have been and commented positively. Certainly it seems to be the piece of public art which is most liked by the public.

I suppose the big advantage it has over most public art - even quite popular public art e.g. the Angel of the North is that there is a clear and obvious point to it.
  • Options
    With friends like the Libdems the Tories can do without enemies:

NHS will 'crash' without emergency £1.5billion funding next month, says health minister

Norman Lamb, the Liberal Democrat Health Minister, urged the Chancellor to pledge the money in the Autumn Statement - and make it available from next April.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/11224317/NHS-will-crash-without-emergency-1.5billion-funding-next-month-says-health-minister.html
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    isam said:

If white CofE blokes from Essex were found to have been systematically sexually abusing black women, and then I, as a white CofE bloke from Essex made a crude joke about sexually abusing a black woman, I think I would rightly get slaughtered on here. Fact is that I wouldn't dream if doing so whatever the circumstances

Well a similar thing has happened on this site, and no one criticised the culprit, who refuses to apologise and trolls me for pulling him up on it

TSE made a sick joke about something that was dominating the news agenda. It was unpleasant, way too soon and disgusting. But it was obviously a joke.

You made a statement that wasn't obviously a joke, and that also could have insulted around half a million people with no connection to the horrific attack on a war veteran.

In your eagerness to win against TSE you've posted something really daft. I'm not doing anything like demanding an apology like you seem to be, and I don't want one; you've not attacked me.

Seriously, stick to politics and gambling. You're so much better at that.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

isam said:

If white CofE blokes from Essex were found to have been systematically sexually abusing black women, and then I, as a white CofE bloke from Essex made a crude joke about sexually abusing a black woman, I think I would rightly get slaughtered on here. Fact is that I wouldn't dream if doing so whatever the circumstances

Well a similar thing has happened on this site, and no one criticised the culprit, who refuses to apologise and trolls me for pulling him up on it

TSE made a sick joke about something that was dominating the news agenda. It was unpleasant, way too soon and disgusting. But it was obviously a joke.

You made a statement that wasn't obviously a joke, and that also could have insulted around half a million people with no connection to the horrific attack on a war veteran.

In your eagerness to win against TSE you've posted something really daft. I'm not doing anything like demanding an apology like you seem to be, and I don't want one; you've not attacked me.

Seriously, stick to politics and gambling. You're so much better at that.
    Why is it ok to make sweeping nasty comments about Essex and people from that county but not on to respond in kind?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,143
    Has noone posted for 20 minutes ? o_O
This discussion has been closed.