Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » ComRes marginals poll is out

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

Iain Dale ‏@IainDale · 34 secs
    Told by a normally reliable source another Tory UKIP defection is imminent. Stand by your beds.

ooer

Who do we think it is then?
    John Gummer
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,754

Told by a normally reliable source another Tory UKIP defection is imminent. Stand by your beds.

ooer

David Miliband.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Blimmin' heck, George Osborne really actually did say "for the first time in my lifetime the march of the separatists has been reversed" in reference to Scotland.

That is a statement as thick as mince an beyond.

Yes - displays a certain simplicity of (not to say simplistic) analysis.....Its a bit more complicated than 'we won, they lost.....'

As the article itself points out the SNP have suffered far big reverses in Osborne's lifetime than getting support for a Yes vote from 25% to 45% in two years.

If he genuinely thinks what he said rather than just trying to create a reality bending soundbite then he is a buffoon.
    The whole purpose of devolution way back in1998 was to stop the nationalists and create a labour hegemony. Devolution itself was a defeat for unionists.
    And what came as a result of devolution? More Nationalism. A nationalist government. To me that is a strange definition of nationalist reverses.
    What we have just had is a specific vote on independence and it failed by a significant majority. Mr Nelson's argument seems to me to be founded on the fact that many who voted Yes were not interested in 'independence' but theoir own miserable self esteeem and sense of entitlement.

I wonder if the comments space on this blog are becoming as big a haven for irrational malcontents as is Mr Nelsons own.
    I'm fairly certain the catastrophic collapse in the SNP vote after the '79 referendum and general election counts as a reverse that happened in Osborne's lifetime.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

ooer

Ken Clarke ?
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited September 2014

ooer

Who hates Osborne enough to knock his speech off the front pages? Must narrow the field down to 100 or so.
  • Options
    DD?
  • Options
    I'm defecting to UKIP.

I'll bugger them up from the inside.
  • Options

DD?

DD and Farage? Ha Ha. I'd pay to watch that.
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251

ooer

Another self indulgent w*nker.
  • Options

George Eaton @georgeeaton

The Tories had better hope Osborne is saving his best rabbits for Autumn Statement/Budget

I think that's exactly what he's doing. Osborne is pure politics.

It's a bit like deciding when to break for it in the velodrome sprint. He's been forced a bit higher up the track by slipping his wheel on a highly polished UKIP, and has fallen slightly behind the Labour leading rider. The rider who is quietly confident can maintain his lead for the next 2 laps.

Prepare for a photo finish.
    Not sure I understand the metaphor, but I don't think there will be any rabbits in the sense of giveaways. You were right in what you said a few moments ago: "serious man you can trust with economic credibility". It would be absolutely crazy to torpedo that - which is after all the strongest card the Tories have got - with giveaways, which would only serve to make people think they prefer Labour's fudges and giveaways (whatever they are - will we ever know?).

Of course he might be able to pull out some inexpensive rabbits, and I expect he will. The pensions one today - an excellent measure in its own right, as Ros Altmann's article explains - is an example, but it's a small one in the overall scheme of things.

I'm a big fan of track cycling. Osborne is the Chris Hoy in the 1:1 economics sprint race final.

By giveaways, I don't mean unfunded giveaways. I mean highly targeted reforms that will speak to floating voters disproportionately. They must be structured around aspiration and rewarding hard work. Such as his pension reforms earlier this year. And his IHT pledge in 2007.

I gave a few ideas here a few days ago: a commitment to cut fuel duty, with a pre-annoucement of further future cuts; a reaffirmation to take all family homes out of inheritance tax (at £1m+); a 'ladder' to increase the 40% tax threshold over the next parliament to take out middle earners; a reform of council tax (to counter labours mansion tax) to extend bands at the upper end. All renters then get the 25% single person's discount, and the landlord pays the balance.

People need help to see the rewards that will ultimately result to buy into the tough choices now.
    Osborne ? Reforms ?

In your dreams. To appeal to voters that the slog is worth it he should have started 4 years ago to put some credibility behind the words and watch the benefits kick in around new.

He didn't ; so now anything he promises just looks like the empty electioneering it is.
    I don't think the pension reforms are an illusion, nor the raising of the IT threshold to £10k. But I agree he could have done more.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

DD?

Cameron's back bencher troublemaker problems seem to be declining by the day ..
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,929

I'm defecting to UKIP.

You've left yourself open to an easy joke that you wont like with that one
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

ooer

John Gummer
    Or his daughter?
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322

DD?

It would be great to have David Davis. The people I most want to defect are civil liberties advocates and non-isolationists.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    TGOHF said:

DD?

Cameron's back bencher troublemaker problems seem to be declining by the day ..
    Along with his 'what will I do with my next term of office' problem, unfortunately.

• Options
    Socrates said:

DD?

It would be great to have David Davis. The people I most want to defect are civil liberties advocates and non-isolationists.
    UKIP do look a bit too isolationist currently, don't they.
  • Options
    It's quite clear from the early smoke signals from the Tory neanderthaals in Birmingham that the cpc14 is following a core vote strategy.1.ripping foxes to pieces bite by bite is designed to appease their trade union paymasters in the NFU-expect an announcement to end the neonic ban as well,the eradication of bees v.popular with donors.2.complete silence on climate change-Cameron and Osborne know 70% of Tory MPs are climate change deniers.None of this green crap to be seen,even the tree in the logo has virtualised.3.attack benefits and pretend it affects those who doss around all day on the sofa on political betting blogs when it is actually people who are working,mainly in low paid jobs,who get hit the hardest.Definitely a programme for committed Tories, a core vote strategy with lots of clear green water between the Tories and everyone else,notably 97% of science.
  • Options

It's quite clear from the early smoke signals from the Tory neanderthaals in Birmingham that the cpc14 is following a core vote strategy.1.ripping foxes to pieces bite by bite is designed to appease their trade union paymasters in the NFU-expect an announcement to end the neonic ban as well,the eradication of bees v.popular with donors.2.complete silence on climate change-Cameron and Osborne know 70% of Tory MPs are climate change deniers.None of this green crap to be seen,even the tree in the logo has virtualised.3.attack benefits and pretend it affects those who doss around all day on the sofa on political betting blogs when it is actually people who are working,mainly in low paid jobs,who get hit the hardest.Definitely a programme for committed Tories, a core vote strategy with lots of clear green water between the Tories and everyone else,notably 97% of science.

?
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,860

I'm defecting to UKIP.

Urrrgh sounds messy
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    a core vote strategy with lots of clear green water between the Tories and everyone else,notably 97% of science.

UKIP has made the point that low paid workers and other vulnerable low income groups are hurt most by green taxes.

Do you disagree??
  • Options

DD?

Good shout. He has form/balls (depending on your point of view) and it looks like his constituency might be in the UKIP sweet spot. He's also close to Iain Dale.

How did UKIP do in H&H in May?
  • Options
    and Tories are going to take everyone human rights away in the UK.That gets the rabid right frothing.All that's left is the restoration of the death penalty and the repeal of gay marriage for the full Monty core vote strategy.
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,733
    Socrates said:

DD?

I think that holding out for the likes of Julian Hubbert might be a bit of a stretch... ;-)
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Think you need to concentrate on the reality instead of deflecting to fantasy. 6 poxy planes is all the UK can manage , what an embarrassing joke , and UK always boasting about being one of the worlds major powers. LOL hopefully Dave does not upset Norway or Denmark in near future.

Is it 'all we can manage', or 'all we need' to meet current requirements in the theatre? I'm pretty sure we didn't send all our aviation assets to Operation Granby, which was a much bigger intervention.
    malky's trolling. Or he's spectacularly thick.
    Probably both. :-)
  • Options

DD?

Good shout. He has form/balls (depending on your point of view) and it looks like his constituency might be in the UKIP sweet spot. He's also close to Iain Dale.

He said no way on Sunday Politics yesterday

"I will die a Tory"
  • Options
    NormNorm Posts: 1,251

DD?

Didn't DD say two days ago he'll die a Conservative? So my guess it's not him.
  • Options

DD?

He ticks the 'Self Indulgent' box.

• Options

Tom Newton Dunn @tnewtondunn

"Decide or decline," says @George_Osborne. A new slogan is born. #cpc14

That is a brilliant slogan.
    It's a terrible slogan (if that's what it's meant to be). It's vacuous and unfocussed.
  • Options
    Norm said:

ooer

Ne'er mind, plenty left.
  • Options
    DD likes having by elections..

• Options
    Pleeeaaaase let it be someone that has been praised on here by Conservatives so the hypocrisy level reaches new heights!
  • Options

Brooks Newmark sex sting: Ipso to investigate Sunday Mirror
    Complaint over ‘entrapment’ leading to minister’s resignation provides first big test for regulator set up after Leveson inquiry

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/sep/29/brooks-newmark-sex-sting-ipso-sunday-mirror?CMP=twt_gu

Yes, that will help people forget about it. Well done, Mark Pritchard, MP.
  • Options
    Gordon Henderson and Adam Holloway are the two most obvious candidates, I'd have thought.
  • Options
    isam said:

Pleeeaaaase let it be someone that has been praised on here by Conservatives so the hypocrisy level reaches new heights!

Osborne would be interesting (purely for the comments from both sides :-) )
  • Options
    Talking about middle aged men making fools of themselves on Twitter:

twitter.com/journodave/status/516557801423122432
  • Options
    Brooks Newmark would be funny!
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Gordon Henderson and Adam Holloway are the two most obvious candidates, I'd have thought.

Indeed. @election_data on Twitter reckoned Adam Holloway last night having looked at the data.
  • Options
    isam said:

You seem to be struggling here - it's the deed that earns the displeasure not the personality (well generally).... and especially the manner in which they turncoat.

Hence Reckless is a bigger pig-dog-traitor than Carswell.

Not that complex.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    antifrank said:

Henderson has ruled himself out in today's Telegraph. Holloway must be in the frame (after Friday's vote).
  • Options

Socrates said:

DD?

Nope. They look like a refreshing change from the usual unaffordable and disastrous American coat-tailing. If it upsets Telegraph columnists, so much the better.
  • Options
    Jacob Rees Mogg is my fav Tory so lets hope its him
  • Options
    I am the defector
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

Socrates said:

DD?

Nope. They look like a refreshing change from the usual unaffordable and disastrous American coat-tailing. If it upsets Telegraph columnists, so much the better.
    But what our own oppressed down-trodden Socrates here. Think of him.
  • Options
    Norm said:

DD?

Whether that's small or large 'c' is open to interpretation. However, I don't think DD should cross over. His best bet is to remain within the Conservatives and wait for Cameron to be deposed.

• Options
    isam said:

DD?

He said no way on Sunday Politics yesterday

"I will die a Tory"
    Maybe he believes in reincarnation
  • Options

Complaint over ‘entrapment’ leading to minister’s resignation provides first big test for regulator set up after Leveson inquiry

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2014/sep/29/brooks-newmark-sex-sting-ipso-sunday-mirror?CMP=twt_gu

Au contraire, I expect the full glare of publicity given to News Corp malfeasance from Labour the BBC, Guardian et al will now focus laser like on Trinity Mirror group.....or not.....(in fairness to the Guardian, they are leading this & their media correspondent was on R4 saying the Mirror had crossed the line)......

Interestingly both the Sun and Sunday Mail turned down the story - imagine - lower ethical standards than either the Sun or Mail!
  • Options

I am the defector

No.

I am the defector.
  • Options

Talking about middle aged men making fools of themselves on Twitter:

twitter.com/journodave/status/516557801423122432

To be fair to Trump, there's no reason he should know who Fred/Rose West are..

It's a bit silly indeed.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,444
    edited September 2014
    Do I publish the new thread or not?

Or is some traitorous pig dog going to derail it?
  • Options
    Peter_the_PunterPeter_the_Punter Posts: 13,319
    edited September 2014

I am the defector

No, I am the defector!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8h_v_our_Q
  • Options
    It's curious how you can find mindless anti-Americanism and shameless kowtowing to Russia at both ends of the political spectrum.
  • Options

Or is some traitorous pig dog derail it?

Publish it so we find out who it is!

• Options

Au contraire, I expect the full glare of publicity given to News Corp malfeasance from Labour the BBC, Guardian et al will now focus laser like on Trinity Mirror group.....or not.....(in fairness to the Guardian, they are leading this & their media correspondent was on R4 saying the Mirror had crossed the line)......

Interestingly both the Sun and Sunday Mail turned down the story - imagine - lower ethical standards than either the Sun or Mail!
    It was catching a tory..I would imagine they collectively lose their sense of judgement when they sniff something..
  • Options

Or is some traitorous pig dog derail it?

Publish and be damned!
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Hannan: Only a Tory-UKIP Pact Can Stop Labour

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/29/Hannan-only-a-ukip-tory-pact/

I wouldn't be surprised if Hannan was the first of the tory MEP to join UKIP.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @TheScreamingEagles
    Publish and be damned!
  • Options

isam said:

You seem to be struggling here - it's the deed that earns the displeasure not the personality (well generally).... and especially the manner in which they turncoat.

Not that complex.
    Don't worry, I am not struggling, I'm loving it

Carswell was criticised for the timing of his defection on here as well, and had mud slung at him re stealing party data, letting down his electorate etc

The next one will be worse for no other reason than they are the latest one
  • Options
    currystarcurrystar Posts: 1,171
    I have no doubt that if there is another defector UKIP will unveil him just as Cameron comes on stage to do his speech. Very grown up.
  • Options

Hannan: Only a Tory-UKIP Pact Can Stop Labour

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-London/2014/09/29/Hannan-only-a-ukip-tory-pact/

I wouldn't be surprised if Hannan was the first of the tory MEP to join UKIP.

He said absolutely no chance on the Daily Politics
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
  • Options

Norm said:

DD?

Whether that's small or large 'c' is open to interpretation. However, I don't think DD should cross over. His best bet is to remain within the Conservatives and wait for Cameron to be deposed.

Speaking as Not a Tory (tm), David Davis will never be Conservative leader. The party dodged a bullet back in 2005.
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:
    That's a first!
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited September 2014
    isam said:

isam said:

Not that complex.

Carswell was criticised for the timing of his defection on here as well, and had mud slung at him re stealing party data, letting down his electorate etc

I don't blame you for enjoying yourself - i would in your position.

I just fear a Labour government under Ed squared.

Your last sentence is nonsense again however.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,444
    edited September 2014
    New Thread
  • Options
    antifrank said:

It's curious how you can find mindless anti-Americanism and shameless kowtowing to Russia at both ends of the political spectrum.

Yes, if only it could balance out the mindless Russophobia and shameless kowtowing to America that dominates the mainstream.
  • Options

To be really serious, it might be nice if politicians took a closer look at the use of entrapment by the police investigating serious crime.
  • Options
    Loving the lie being peddled that Rochester will be close whereas Clacton was "Always going to be very difficult"

Opening prices for UKIP
    Clacton 4/6
    Rochester 1/2

And people on here said Conservatives were the value in Clacton
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    But UKIP for me need a big labour name/MP to start taking labour seats and not just to be cast as the real true blue tory party,by the labour opponents.
  • Options
    @Josias

With all you Tories denying you are Tories despite voting Tory and supporting Tory policies who can blame their MPs for defecting? At least Kippers are proud to be Kippers
  • Options
    currystar said:

I have no doubt that if there is another defector UKIP will unveil him just as Cameron comes on stage to do his speech. Very grown up.

Yeah, they've given up any pretence of not being motivated primarily by a wish to wreck the Conservative Party and Cameron in particular. I guess this is more one for psychiatrists than psephologists to explain, since in political terms it is so spectacularly counter-productive. Good for Ed, though.
  • Options

New Thread

I'm staying here - tough.

This new death tax repeal on pensions is a bit of a blow to my trading position in the enhanced annuity providers taken after the budget. I'm now sitting on a loss of more than £7,000....

I suppose it's a CGT loss which I could use elsewhere.... some day...
  • Options
    Currystar

That's politics. Suck it up.

Game theory says do what your opponent least wants you to do.
  • Options

Norm said:

DD?

Speaking as Not a Tory (tm), David Davis will never be Conservative leader. The party dodged a bullet back in 2005.
    I think his heart is in the right place, but his instincts aren't finely tuned. Despite making some very good calls over the years, the way he does things tends to make him look cheap. A bit like Nadine Dorries (only she's much worse). Still, he will still have a shot after Cameron's ignominious departure. I simply don't understand the next leader betting market surrounding May, Hammond, Hague, Osborne -the losers on Cameron's inner circle. They will be totally toxic.
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801
    JohnO said:

Sean Fear's earlier post confirmed. Labour conference boost...for the Tories

Latest Populus VI: Lab 36 (-1), Con 34 (+1), LD 7 (-2), UKIP 14 (+1), Oth 9 (+1)

Labour massive majority nailed on.

Con-UKIP up to 48%. Encouraging to see UMP and NF cooperation leading to NF's first seats in the Senate. Lib Dems must be delighted as we Europeanise and drift towards a coalition of hard right and centre right.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Not that complex.

Some Tories were even saying that the act of standing down so that the public had a choice about whether they wanted to re-elect them based on their new affiliation was a "publicity stunt" and a "waste of public money". It's comical.
  • Options
    Richard

Given that Ukip's main goal is the destroy the Tory Party and replace it, presumably such an act would be highly rational?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Especially since Russia has moved from being far left to far right.
  • Options

currystar said:

Yeah, they've given up any pretence of not being motivated primarily by a wish to wreck the Conservative Party and Cameron in particular. I guess this is more one for psychiatrists than psephologists to explain, since in political terms it is so spectacularly counter-productive. Good for Ed, though.
    A political party timing announcements so that it maximises their exposure and damages the message of rival parties! How dare they!

The thing the psychiatrists would better spend their time on is the frothing at the mouth of Tories whenever an MP decides that their views are best accommodated elsewhere. Even your own MEPs are describing it as "irrational rage".
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

murali_s said:

Charles said:

This Tory MP speaks for the whole party.

@jimwaterson: Tory MP to BuzzFeed on Mark Reckless defecting: "I can't say the word c**t but he's a f**king c**t who deserves a hot poker up his arse."

That's the most interesting part to me.

Carswell's decision people seem to respect. He's liked, he's seen as thoughtful, and he didn't time his departure in a way that seemed to wound his former colleagues.

Reckless behaved in a much less honourable way.

It's not so much his departure, as the manner of his leaving that speaks volumes as to his character: and his elicited such a hostile reaction
    Yup. Is why I want to campaign against Reckless

If any Tory MP defects during Dave's speech....
    Do we have any odds from the bookies on this? - might be worth a speculative flutter...
    Unfortunately the bookies have pulled their defection markets.
    I thought maybe Gove could defect? Who wants to give me odds on that?

How much do you want?
    Depends on the odds
    What do you think fair?
    That's for you to decide!

Its not a challenge, you don't have to offer any if you don't want to.. .no pressure at all
    I don't bet for a living, so don't price as a rule.
    Its easy really, just think about what percentage chance you think something has of happening, then divide 100 by that number.. voila! You have your Betfair price

Don't worry about this one anyway if you don't want to, I don't mind
    I'd approach it differently (because I think it is low probability, but want to keep the upside myself!)

So I'd say , for an investment that I could lose everything, I'd want a 20% + return on equity on an annualised basis.

Which means I'd need a 10% return between now and the election (taking that as the cut off).

So I'd offer you 7-1. But I'm sure you will find someone on betfair who will offer better odds.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Smarmeron said:

Has anyone worked out yet that "piloted" aircraft are becoming a thing of the past?
    One of the limitations of any fighter aircraft is the squishy bit that sits in the seats and is affected by G forces.
    Manned aircraft will still have a place, but less so.

Thats true. In another decade or so the "pilots" will be sitting in offices or tents and guiding the plane from there. Something what the army* does now for drones. Would be good jobs for @TGOHF or @TheWatcher the let out their frustrations.

* I said the army because there will not be any need for a separate air force once all planes are pilotless.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,974

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

isam said:

Former IS fighter on Sky News saying the air strikes are encouraging people to join

They've made 4 miles in -2 mins! But you get the gist

Daily Mail Online ‏@MailOnline · 1h
    ISIS militants 'just one mile from Baghdad' despite Western airstrikes http://dailym.ai/1taryhF

Andrew Neil ‏@afneil · 58m
    BBC reports that IS five miles from Baghdad defensive positions. The air war is going well ...

Kippers short on answers - long on grievances.

Militarily it's here nor there.

Diplomatically it is very useful.
    It is merely willy waving by someone with erectile dysfunction
    A bit like Salmond, and the 12 Typhoons he was going to keep for the separatist air force.
    12 would be more than sufficient for a small peaceful country.
    Norway has 57 F16s, Denmark has 30........
    And your point is, we need to avoid willy waving it is not a competition to see who has most planes. Fact that UK can only muster 6 is a real joke.
    There's a difference between 'muster' and 'commit' - there are still plenty of Tornados thundering around Norfolk airfields.

What would the Scottish Separatist Air Force send - Eck on a Ryder Cup golf buggy with a kite?
    Think you need to concentrate on the reality instead of deflecting to fantasy. 6 poxy planes is all the UK can manage , what an embarrassing joke , and UK always boasting about being one of the worlds major powers. LOL hopefully Dave does not upset Norway or Denmark in near future.
    Are you really so dim as to think that there are only 6 serviceable Tornados?

There must be something in the water up there, that addles the brains of separatists.
    Are you such a liar that you keep spouting them , give up your fantasies about independence. Just hate Scots in your tiny mind, nobody cares what wet dreams you have.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

MikeK said:

isam said:

Former IS fighter on Sky News saying the air strikes are encouraging people to join

They've made 4 miles in -2 mins! But you get the gist

Daily Mail Online ‏@MailOnline · 1h
    ISIS militants 'just one mile from Baghdad' despite Western airstrikes http://dailym.ai/1taryhF

Andrew Neil ‏@afneil · 58m
    BBC reports that IS five miles from Baghdad defensive positions. The air war is going well ...

What will happen should ISIL or any other jihadist group capture SAM weapons and shoots down one or two British planes? Under Cammo, Britain has hardly any boots to put on the ground and sending only a battalion or two would only show up UK's military weakness.

What would Ukip do in the the unlikely event of 3 Britons being beheaded by ISIL ?

Cower and shake their fists at Calais ?

Kippers short on answers - long on grievances.
    Perhaps you'll tell us how six planes bombing (or not bombing as with yesterday) helps these potential beheadees any more than cowering and fist shaking?
    Militarily it's here nor there.

Diplomatically it is very useful.
    It is merely willy waving by someone with erectile dysfunction
    A bit like Salmond, and the 12 Typhoons he was going to keep for the separatist air force.
    12 would be more than sufficient for a small peaceful country.
    Norway has 57 F16s, Denmark has 30........
    malcolm's 12, equates to 3 airworthy, 3 spares, and 6 in maintenance/deep maintenance. Pointless.
    Ha Ha Ha , we will see how long the 6 UK has last , wonder how many of them can fly at once , or are they maintenance free. They could always tow their mobile football field over and really have ISIS cowering in fear, it has ONE fibreglass model airplane to help out.
    Vacuous comments like that show what a better place this is when you are on holiday.
    cretin go forth and multiply
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Is it 'all we can manage', or 'all we need' to meet current requirements in the theatre? I'm pretty sure we didn't send all our aviation assets to Operation Granby, which was a much bigger intervention.
    malky's trolling. Or he's spectacularly thick.
    Probably both. :-)
    That from two of the biggest plonkers on the site LOL, a sad fantasist and a whinger.
  • Options

Norm said:

ooer

Ne'er mind, plenty left.
    They are thick on the ground on here for sure
This discussion has been closed.