Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Henry G Manson says the Greens ought to be doing better

13»

Comments

• Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    edited May 2013
    tim said:

So now the usual suspects have got an old estate agents survey that proves London is the worst place in the country and obviously that's down to Muslims.
    Only on PB

It's an interesting list for those people saying the City making a ton of money means London as a whole is doing great.

edit: I was a bit surprised London was 6/8. I thought there must be loads of worse places up north.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    edited May 2013
    Socrates said:

BBC reporting that there's an allegation about that MI5 asked one of the beheading suspects was asked to spy for them six months ago.

Viable, especially if the individual in question was involved in ODC, particularly around financial gain. Its a very common avenue of approach along with personal indiscretion.

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,030
    Socrates said:

carl said:

Next said:

carl said:

I agree that two big hurdles are the Rightwing dominance of our media, which any progressive Party will find difficult (they're never going to be fawned over like UKIP),

Watch the BBC much?
    Exactly. Even the BBC, the world's most impartial and reliable news outlet, takes its lead far too much from our Rightwing dominated print media.

So, for example, they'll feel the need to "balance" a discussion about climate change by putting some Bloke From The Pub like Delingpole or Lawson's deranged conspiracy theories as a counterpoint to real science.
    Carl you wouldn't know 'real science' if it hit you in the face.
    It is a fair point that they should get actual scientists in to debate the matter, rather than crazies like Delingpole.
    Hmm, fair point, I'll give you that one. It ranks along with linking to Wattupwiththat or Skeptical Science to support ones views.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,477
    Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

BBC reporting that there's an allegation about that MI5 asked one of the beheading suspects was asked to spy for them six months ago.

Viable, especially if the individual in question was involved in ODC, particularly around financial gain. Its a very common avenue of approach along with personal indiscretion.

At the Loughall Ambush against the IRA in 1987, the SAS reportedly gunned down one of their informers as to the timing of the attempted attack on the police station. He was actually one of the gunmen.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,145
    "As for the balance of payments, I did reply to you. You need first to exclude oil and gas trade, before any meaningful prediction on a surplus can be made."

I did see that reply and interesting it was too.

But if you forgive my cyncism it did look like an attempt to avoid giving a date.

I must say I'm disappointed that you don't see the merit in my holiday photo opportunity suggestion. Surely you knew that Cleethorpes is twinned with Konigswinter and is an unheralded beacon of taste and sophistication. Well at least compared to Mablethorpe and Skegness it is.

Might I suggest as an alternative that you and Dave have a day out with these gentlemen in an appeal broadening move:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1406770/Barnsley-pub-ratters-join-the-hunting-set.html

• Options

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

At the Loughall Ambush against the IRA in 1987, the SAS reportedly gunned down one of their informers as to the timing of the attempted attack on the police station. He was actually one of the gunmen.
    Never proven and theres a perfectly legitimate alternative set of reasons why the attack was caught.

• Options
    Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

Never proven and theres a perfectly legitimate alternative set of reasons why the attack was caught.

Sorry he was actually an RUC Special Branch informer. Of course there was plenty of other intelligence available to the security services, but the RUC's Special Branch officers TCG South were said to have not been pleased that their informer had been killed.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited May 2013
    Socrates said:

Rosie R. ‏@yorkierosie 7m

Dramatic events at BBC #Newsnight studio - 3 Special Branch officers take Muslim Interviewee into custody after his interview with Watson.
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Mick_Pork said:

Socrates said:

Rosie R. ‏@yorkierosie 7m

Dramatic events at BBC #Newsnight studio - 3 Special Branch officers take Muslim Interviewee into custody after his interview with Watson.
    blimey
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    SeanT said:

Socrates said:

tim said:

So now the usual suspects have got an old estate agents survey that proves London is the worst place in the country and obviously that's down to Muslims.
    Only on PB

Once again you're lying about what people have said.

Moderators, why do you put up with this?
    Why do you let tim troll you? He's increasingly boring and he has clearly lost his mojo (I wonder why - lack of enthusiasm for Ed?). Just about the only thing that motivates him, these days, is getting a rise out of rightwingers.

Without that, he'd be lost. So if you stop responding....
    What a good idea. Don't rise to the bait of hate.

• Options
    SeanT said:

Socrates said:

tim said:

Only on PB

Why do you let tim troll you? He's increasingly boring and he has clearly lost his mojo (I wonder why - lack of enthusiasm for Ed?). Just about the only thing that motivates him, these days, is getting a rise out of rightwingers.

I have this theory that's he's actually a Tory agent provocateur.
  • Options

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

Sorry he was actually an RUC Special Branch informer. Of course there was plenty of other intelligence available to the security services, but the RUC's Special Branch officers TCG South were said to have not been pleased that their informer had been killed.
    There is no proof thats the case, only rumour. Secondly the RUC were involved in the whole operation monitor including watching the people leave their homes and go to the caches to pick up the kit. They knew exactly who was going to the scene.

• Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

"As for the balance of payments, I did reply to you. You need first to exclude oil and gas trade, before any meaningful prediction on a surplus can be made."

I did see that reply and interesting it was too.

But if you forgive my cyncism it did look like an attempt to avoid giving a date.

I must say I'm disappointed that you don't see the merit in my holiday photo opportunity suggestion. Surely you knew that Cleethorpes is twinned with Konigswinter and is an unheralded beacon of taste and sophistication. Well at least compared to Mablethorpe and Skegness it is.

Might I suggest as an alternative that you and Dave have a day out with these gentlemen in an appeal broadening move:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1406770/Barnsley-pub-ratters-join-the-hunting-set.html

I can predict a surplus date any day, ar, but not one based on evidence and research. I will though look more closely at the ONS figures but don't expect any quick result.

On your proposal that I spend a day ratting with Dave, I fear our accents would confuse the terriers. I have been hare coursing though with whippets before this was banned by NPxMP and his ilk.

My sympathies are definitely with the country folk.

As to Königswinter being twinned with Cleethorpes, I have to warn you the relationship is not exclusive. Cognac is also twinned and has more to offer a middle aged man than Lincolnshore candy floss.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

There is no proof thats the case, only rumour. Secondly the RUC were involved in the whole operation monitor including watching the people leave their homes and go to the caches to pick up the kit. They knew exactly who was going to the scene.

I'm getting the info from:
    "Brits - The War against the IRA", by Peter Taylor (Bloomsbury, 2002). He interviewed "Matt" and "Anna", Special Branch officers, for the "Loughall" chapter (pp. 274-6)
  • Options

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

"Brits - The War against the IRA", by Peter Taylor (Bloomsbury, 2002). He interviewed "Matt" and "Anna", Special Branch officers, for the "Loughall" chapter (pp. 274-6)
    Taylor's done a few excellent documentaries on the subject as well as three books focusing on the British Government, Loyalist Paramilitaries and the IRA.

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

Taylor's done a few excellent documentaries on the subject as well as three books focusing on the British Government, Loyalist Paramilitaries and the IRA.

I have all three books, natch ("Provos", "Loyalists" and "Brits") and they are cracking reads!
  • Options

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

Sunil

In print is not fact. Has it ever occurred that the rumour about the informer was started by the security forces themselves? The Provos own investigation never found rock solid proof.

Did you know the Provos said there was one of the unit that escaped? Do you know that the informer finger has been pointed at 2 of the dead men, not just one? Do you know it was pointed at someone who is still alive today? It doesn't exactly reek of certainty does it.

Remember, the dead can't talk and nor do the E units unless it suits them.

What is fact is that the Branch were monitoring the suspects in the lead up to the incident right up to minutes before. Branch worked with the SAS and senior, very senior members of Branch were well aware of the show.

If they wanted to absolutely protect someone they could have. Loughgall was a kill operation from the start, no one including Branch thought any different.

All I'm telling you is that what you say is not proven fact that the RUC were unhappy or indeed that one of those killed was in fact an informer and by extension that informer told them of the planned attack. You can choose to believe thats the only story going. I do not.

Given the fact this operation was monitored early on that attack could have been disrupted at any number of points. It wasn't. Why not if the cops were desperately worried about their supposed informer?

You can make your own mind up, I'm just telling you what I know. And what I do know 100% is that the informer caught in the furball has story never been proven.
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    New thread - me saying good bye for a couple of weeks or so.
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    SeanT said:

Socrates said:

tim said:

Only on PB

I did for a while, but then he started to smear others, so at this point I'm just sticking up for them. If we all collectively ignore him, I'd be happy to participate.
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Y0kel said:

Socrates said:

I have all three books, natch ("Provos", "Loyalists" and "Brits") and they are cracking reads!
    His credentials are impeccable as was his access to high level sources from all three sides but you could always choose to believe a PB poster instead.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,145
    "As to Königswinter being twinned with Cleethorpes, I have to warn you the relationship is not exclusive. Cognac is also twinned and has more to offer a middle aged man than Lincolnshore candy floss."

Such as ?

Apart from a vastly overrated pretentious drink which is now regarded as gangsta rapper chic.

The world speaks English because of rum.

It provides better photo opportunities as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Happy holidays Mr Smithson.
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,940
    slade said:

The Labour Party in Colne Valley have a shortlist of 5 in their AWS selection. They are Anita Cherryhome ( Barnsley Cllr), Binnie Joshi Barr ( runs a fish bar in the constituency), Sarah Cox ( IBM manager), Roxanne Ellis ( Gedling Cllr), and Louise Reecejones ( Labout activist in Wirral). My money is on the South Yorkshire runner - Labour have form on this.

I was wrong. The Labour party have chosen Binnie Joshi Barr.
This discussion has been closed.