Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Why positive poll ratings on economic competence might not

124»

Comments

• Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Smarmeron said:

@TCPoliticalBetting
    Sorry for the late reply. The new benefit regulations for self employment are meant to undo all those mythical jobs that the agencies found for the long term unemployed (for a handsome reward)
    The government knows it is a con, but it suits them at the moment despite being unsustainable.
    With the new reforms to combat this, it will make genuine business start ups almost impossible without external capital.
    Here is your starter for ten, google is your friend.
    http://www.prowess.org.uk/universal-credit-self-employed

Thanks, but this looks to be a very good thing in removing a lot of subsidies particularly at a time when we move closer to full employment.
    I agree I can't actually see any objectionable in the new rules as they are reported on the web-site and I can't understand what Smarmeron's complaining about. Of course that web site is only someone's idea of what the new rules are and maybe there is something bad that they are not telling us.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    New Thread
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    edited August 2014
    Pulpstar said:
    Excellent, many thanks! I can't read G*ogle in China (on the block list) but I've passed it on to a colleague to go ahead and book.
    MikeK said:

I really am sorry about that Nick. all I can suggest is that you contact the organisers direct through the UKIP web page devoted to the conference. They really deserve a kicking.

There is a line further down the page that says: "To apply for individual media accreditation please click here'' Maybe that will help you.

http://www.ukip.org/doncaster

Thanks, Mike, but Pulpstar seems to have found a link, so with luck all will be well. The organisers should have let us know as they promised, but that's the sort of minor cockup that happens. Come over at the conference if you're there and we can have a drink.

I wish sometimes when various pressure groups want spending on their pet project some time is expended as to say ' That's nice where do you propose the money comes from, what will you cut?'

I've tried that as an MP - doesn't work at all. EVERYONE has a pet project they'd like to cut that they can't BELIEVE we are wasting money on instead of this fine project. Trident, MPs' expenses, council translators for immigrants, motorways, opera houses, foreign aid, aircraft carriers, green energy, energy imports, etc etc etc. I do myself, as I'm sure do you. The complex message has to be "Other spending and taxation is determined by the democratic process so must be assumed to be constant at the current or planned level, thus your proposal must be at the expense of something similar." Good luck with that.

This discussion has been closed.