Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » PB Nighthawks is now open

13»

Comments

• Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591

hunchman said:

Forecast of some roasting hot weather coming up over the next 4 weeks

http://www.weatheraction.com/displayarticle.asp?a=686&c=5

And it won't be due to AGW as many will claim!

Piers Corbyn, possibly the worst meteorologist in the world. Every winter will be the coldest ever, every summer will be a scorcher. He dines out on the one in twenty times he is partially right.
    Sorry DyedWoolie but you're seriously mistaken here. He was alone in predicting the cold of December 2010, the storms of the past winter, and his record is pretty exemplary. He is candid in saying that he doesn't get things perfect, and his solar lunar action technique (SLAT) is still undergoing modification with experience. But compared to the Met Office its like comparing chalk and cheese. Don't get me started on how reliable the MO has been in its forecasts over the past.
  • Options
    hunchman said:

Smarmeron said:

@dyedwoolie
    The notecards were sent to the DMCS, while the wreaths were sent direct.
    It shouldn't be that hard to find out how the department made the other leaders aware that there was a change from the usual protocol.
    No doubt all will become clearer at a future date.

They don't care. All they see is a chance for some stupid political points scoring. Whatever the 'truth;' is has not interest to them, all that matters is that this reinforces their perceptions about the individuals concerned. I bow to no one in my dislike for Clegg and Miliband but the whole wreath episode really has been depressingly childish.
    Absolutely Mr Tyndall and Dyed Woolie. And then they wonder why we have become so cynical about the political establishment. And with so many career politicians who know nothing other than the Westminster Village, its not surprising that so many of them are so out of touch with reality. It would be mighty funny if it wasn't so serious.
    Unfortunately I think you misunderstand me. I am, for once, defending Clegg and Miliband against the childish points scoring by their political opponents. Mr Woolie and I are on opposite sides of the argument on this one.
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    I lit a candle tonight, and from my balcony looked at the lights of the ships sailing out of the great river...

I remembered my grandfather who, the day War broke out, was en route from New York to Sydney as an officer aboard SS Star of Australia.

Later in the War he was commissioned in the RNR, and served aboard 'Q' ships. I still have his RN ceremonial sword.

In 1917 he served on HMS Kildonan Castle, which was involved in an abortive attempt to rescue the Tsar.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13331381/BILL 1912.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13331381/billatsea1920.jpg
This discussion has been closed.