Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » While Scottish athletes flourish in the Glasgow games there

124»

Comments

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,212
    geoffw said:

@malcolm thanks, but still if they wanted an accurate survey should they have shown their own colours?

Absolutely Geoff, should be no need for any subterfuge by anyone knocking your door.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    MG ..Please just go away..you are making a fool of yourself..go and practise your form of free speech on someone else..
  • Options
    edited July 2014

MG ..Please just go away..you are making a fool of yourself..go and practise your form of free speech on someone else..

Dear Dear Richard, you do not get it do you, this is not your blog , you don't tell anyone to leave. Stick to giving your lackeys orders. Learn to spell words whilst you are at it.

Amazing the people on this site who think they are something special.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,028
    Come along, chaps. Let's not be grumpy. We just had a fantastic race. And, in a few minutes, you'll be able to enjoy my riveting post-race rambling.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,187
    @malcolmg It breaks one of the cardinal rules of conducting a survey.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited July 2014
    MG You just keep on digging.. I told you to go away from me, not the site.I dont have lackeys..I have a team and we work together ..sorry if my spelling is at fault..you dont have to read the posts.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    malcolmg said:

Dear Dear Richard, you do not get it do you, this is not your blog , you don't tell anyone to leave. Stick to giving your lackeys orders. Learn to spell words whilst you are at it.

Where is his incorrect spelling? And that's pretty rich coming from a cretin who can't seem to figure out the whole whose/who's thing.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,855
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Carlotta..It is the deafening silence from SW that is slightly worrying..they do not seem to have an extraction or transfer plan..of any description..But if Scotland goes solo then I will not be the only policy holder wanting to move my annuity to home ground..there must be millions of us.

I expect they know what happens to businesses that express opinions not acceptable to "true Scots"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/snp-figures-accused-of-intimidating-business-leaders.24478653

In any case, EU regulations (since Scotland is -guaranteed automatic membership) may well require SW and others to move their business to where most of their customers are.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/lloyds-banking-group-issue-warning-about-impact-of-scottish-independence.1394037483
    Huzzah for the Little Englanders, Doddy the tax evader living abroad , typical sponging Tory leech.
    google translate is asking for "original language" but is struggling to make sense of it...

I see you wally dugs are now conversing with each other, it was only a matter of time. Love is in the air.
    I tried "whinge" with that one - but google suggested "pathetic"....
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,028
    F1: Post-race analysis now up (spoilers galore):
    http://enormo-haddock.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/hungary-post-race-analysis.html

Incidentally, if anyone knows how to log off from the blogspot page, do let me know. It's not a major issue, I can just log out with gmail, but since they 'upgraded' the user interface the log-out button appears to have gone missing.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

saddened said:

saddened said:

Yes John Smith, I thought bhe was a decent cove in fact Sunny Jim was too.

You have forgotten the Winter of Discontent! I think everyone has roseate memories of Smith because of the timing of his death. He never had to deal with the realities of power.

You asked a specific question in the hopes that you wouldn't get an answer. Now that you have you are attempting to shift the goalposts, why do you do that?
    Since you want to know, I'll tell you. It was to see how long it would take you (and Square Root, and one or two more who know they are) to descend to personal abuse. My bet with myself was "not long at all" and I see I'll have to pay out. And collect, too... In fact I will go so far as to say that the only reason people like you pitch up here is to be abusive to those whose political views (not that you know what mine are, come to that) you disagree with.

Care to quote the abuse?
    "Why are you changing the goalposts?" reads - at least to me - as a sneer. You take yourself far too seriously...

And yet you are very happy to play the man yourself when it suits your purposes.

This is a blog - not worth getting all high & mighty about the comments under the line...
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gaza-protest-cardiff-mill-lane-7513269

Fierce clashes on the west bank of....er.....the Severn.
  • Options

IndyRef - hard to escape a feeling of inevitability creeping in, isn't it? Sure, the final campaign could shift things radically, but final campaigns usually don't.

I'd be wary about the YG for the same reasons as I was wary when there was a big Labour lead the other day - the internals have all moved sharply at the same time. Unless there is a big game-changing event that's usually a sign of an off-balance sample. But we'll see the diverse polls tomorrow.

A minor question slipped in is interesting (and not much affected by the particular sample) - in between asking about Russia and Ukraine (the general response to which is "Let's punish Russia, we think they were involved with the plane"), there's the question "Do you think the the European Union should be able to impose sanctions if a majority of countries agree (even if it means individual countries such as Britain have to go along with sanctions they don't support), or should the EU only be able to impose sanctions when all members agree?" There's a 47-27 majority for surrender of sovreignity on this point. UKIP supporters agree, 54-31. Now that too needs to be taken warily, since it's just after various questions eliciting pro-sanctions responses. But it shows the ambiguity that many people have - they want Britain to be able decide most things, yet they recognise that sometimes collective majority decisions are needed or nothing happens.

But I think there is a fundamental difference between (1) collective action by a group of nations acting against a third party and (2) the UK being told what to do in respect of internal affairs by a group of near neighbours.

It's a low grade form of hypocrisy, but I can quite understand why the results come out the way they do.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    " ... since it's just after various questions eliciting pro-sanctions responses."

Sounds like a Sir Humphrey poll to me and therefore worthless.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,804
    If Scots are disillusioned by the debate, why do the great majority of opinion polls for GE 2015 etc show them as the most certain to vote?
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078

MG Your remark about me being a tax evader and some sort of sponger is appalling.. I am working right now in the UK and I and my companies pay our taxes in the UK.. I am not a tory or any sort of leech..so please retract your comment and then go away little man.

Chill.In my experience, MG's comments are a nought but friendly greeting from his rich cultural heritage.If he was really nasty he would ask what the notorious Glaswegian gangster-made-good,Danny Boyle would ask before settling a score "Have you got a good dentist?".
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    malcolmg said:

Oh the losers have had to get the moderator to save their pathetic skins. LOL.

I've been following your little spats and come you the conclusion you are a prat, incapable of formulating a rational argument. And tiresome with it.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    surbiton said:

Parliamentary arithmetic:

Assuming "Others" end up with less than 28 seats, unless Labour and Tory hit, at least, 295 seats each, the Liberal Democrats will be part of a coalition.

Only a scenario close to:

C 296, L 296, LD, 32 Others 28 requires another party to form a majority coalition.

But that Other score is not completely unlikely:

NI 18 + SNP 6 (2010) + PC 3 (2010) + Green 1 (2010) + Speaker 1 = 29

So it's possible that Lucas could lose her seat & I vaguely remember someone saying PC was vulnerable. But that still close to 28. And low 30s is not unlikely for the Lib Dems...

It's all down to the Tory/Labour split...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    malcolmg said:

Carlotta..It is the deafening silence from SW that is slightly worrying..they do not seem to have an extraction or transfer plan..of any description..But if Scotland goes solo then I will not be the only policy holder wanting to move my annuity to home ground..there must be millions of us.

I expect they know what happens to businesses that express opinions not acceptable to "true Scots"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/snp-figures-accused-of-intimidating-business-leaders.24478653

In any case, EU regulations (since Scotland is -guaranteed automatic membership) may well require SW and others to move their business to where most of their customers are.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/lloyds-banking-group-issue-warning-about-impact-of-scottish-independence.1394037483
    Huzzah for the Little Englanders, Doddy the tax evader living abroad , typical sponging Tory leech.
    Tax evasion is a crime.

I'd be wary, for OGH's sake, of accusing other posters of that unless you have very good evidence
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    Anecdote department - intrigued by the Ashcroft poll showing UKIP gaining at Labour's expense, I concentrated convassing this week on the area where I'd most expect that, and came across quite a bit. They were generally not especially about Europe and and only a bit on immigration, but more "fed up with all of you". Around half seemed inclined to come back if they felt on election day it was a close Lab-Con battle (this is a broadly anti-Tory ward), the other half not. Tory friends tell me they are meeting a similar mixture in their strong wards.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Daniel Greenfield ‏@Sultanknish 2h
    More Muslims Killed in 2 Days in Syria than in Entire Hamas Gaza War | FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/more-muslims-killed-in-2-days-in-syria-than-in-entire-hamas-gaza-war/#.U9UDRDXj_Es.twitter
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245

Anecdote department - intrigued by the Ashcroft poll showing UKIP gaining at Labour's expense, I concentrated convassing this week on the area where I'd most expect that, and came across quite a bit. They were generally not especially about Europe and and only a bit on immigration, but more "fed up with all of you". Around half seemed inclined to come back if they felt on election day it was a close Lab-Con battle (this is a broadly anti-Tory ward), the other half not. Tory friends tell me they are meeting a similar mixture in their strong wards.

Wasting your time, everybody has gone waiting for the trolls to get bored.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    I'm aware that the MODERATORS have a tougher time at weekends but I regret to say this is one of the worst Sunday threads that PB has published, sadly undermined by an abusive troll.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,028
    Afternoon all, suffering from a bout of "Rumandmeadwillmakeagreatmixerforwhiskyitis".

Glad I stayed out the Test betting, I'd have laid England for sure and Cook/Ballance would have had me in trouble !
    Excellent knock for Captain Cook - just what he needed. Shame he didn't get his ton though.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,028
    MikeK said:

Daniel Greenfield ‏@Sultanknish 2h
    More Muslims Killed in 2 Days in Syria than in Entire Hamas Gaza War | FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/more-muslims-killed-in-2-days-in-syria-than-in-entire-hamas-gaza-war/#.U9UDRDXj_Es.twitter

Assad and the more hardline islamic rebels in Syria must have been thrilled by Ed Miliband and John Kerry's volte face.
  • Options
    WitanWitan Posts: 26
    Mike Smithson: buyers remorse is a well known phenomenon and those moving from LibDems to other parties are no more likely to admit they have made a mistake than most people are when they get a new washing machine that's disappointing.

In the current electoral timeframe the only time you will find out how many of them move back is when the real ballots are counted and the exit polling explores that question.

Until then all the polls are doing is finding out how many switchers don't mind telling a stranger they made a mistake or are so annoyed they will tell anyone. I am not surprised with the current range and naturally it will increase in time unless the parties receiving the defectors change the current trend in some way.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,217
    Fascinating article by Adrian Wooldridge in today's Sunday Times on the rebirth of nepotism amongst the elite, and particularly politicians
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/comment/columns/article1438914.ece
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    JackW said:

I'm aware that the MODERATORS have a tougher time at weekends but I regret to say this is one of the worst Sunday threads that PB has published, sadly undermined by an abusive troll.

Mr. W. you seem to have a direct line to OGH. Perhaps the next time you are chatting you might ask him why one of our number is, week after week, allowed to get away with abusing fellow posters to an extent that would have got anyone else banned months ago.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,217
    John Looney The vote will probably end up around 60-40 No, roughly how Quebec voted in its first referendum in 1980, however even if it is as tight as the 51-49 Quebec voted No in 1995 14 years later Quebec is still in Canada. Of course, you cannot rule out a Yes, although Salmond will need to trounce Darling in the debate, but that is how I see it playing out at this stage
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Where is his incorrect spelling? And that's pretty rich coming from a cretin who can't seem to figure out the whole whose/who's thing.
    Ha Ha Ha, not only does he not know his name he cannot spell either. Clue look for the word underlined in RED , even an idiot could spot it.
  • Options
    JackW said:

We now have the big jessie on to whinge, go cry to Mike or the moderator.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Oh the losers have had to get the moderator to save their pathetic skins. LOL.

I've been following your little spats and come you the conclusion you are a prat, incapable of formulating a rational argument. And tiresome with it.
    Ha Ha Ha , savaged by a sheep.
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,804

Pleased to see the Sunday afternoon game of "poking Malcolm with a stick" is going to plan. He never disappoints.

The massive majority of Yes supporters suffering online abuse compared with the BT side would be even more marked if malcolmg wasn't acting as a lightning rod, so his compatriots here are truly grateful for his persistence.
  • Options
    sarissa said:

Pleased to see the Sunday afternoon game of "poking Malcolm with a stick" is going to plan. He never disappoints.

The massive majority of Yes supporters suffering online abuse compared with the BT side would be even more marked if malcolmg wasn't acting as a lightning rod, so his compatriots here are truly grateful for his persistence.
    Another new fake appears, more unionist robots activated.
This discussion has been closed.