Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » While Scottish athletes flourish in the Glasgow games there

Comments

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,942

GIN1138 said:

Been out. Has Ed something ridiculous again?

Ed wants the public to ask questions at PMQs - he thinks they can do a better job apparently.
    LOL!
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    edited July 2014
    GIN1138 said:

Nothing more ridiculous than usual.

In a carefully stage-managed interview - set in an attractive garden, Miliband, (who has just taken on a new voice coach), continued to expand on his theme that image in politics is something he just isn't interested in or concerned about.

He then revealed his proposal to rework PMQs so that it is the public not the politicians who ask the questions of the PM. But, of course, did not give any details as to how this might be implemented - or why he thought that the elected representatives of the people couldn't do the job.

So nothing ridiculous at all.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    GIN1138 said:

@Ed_Miliband: We need a public question time, where the Prime Minister regularly submits himself or herself to questioning from the public.

The PM does this regularly, all over the country. Labour was heavily critical of that. So now Ed wants him to do it only at Westminster...
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,782
    It's the Sunderland air show this weekend - I'm fairly confident that the Red Arrows won't be trailing red & white striped smoke!
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,852
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

As an aid to punters i can only repeat a conversation with a Scottish couple we met on holiday. They were stoutly in the NO camp and were convinced the vote would be NO. They were further convinced that, whilst pensioners themselves, the young would vote NO as well.

I should add for the benefit of the inevitable group of 'sod off Scotland' fanatics that these people were friendly to the English and happy with the Union.

So you met a couple of institutionalised pensioners who had no vision and no hope.
    I have yet to meet or hear any Yes supporter having any issue with English people. Luckily there are many more people who have vision and hope and do want to run their own affairs.
    They disagree with you, so they are "institutionalised" and "have no vision and no hope"?

Do you ever read what you write?

I have difficulty in believing you are that pompous and condescending in real life, but are playing "the big man" from the safe anonymity of your computer screen.

As to "Scots who hate the English" YouGov today showed twice the level of "hoping England lose" than the reverse in England.

Of course, we don't know who these rather sad and pathetic individuals are, defining themselves in negative opposition to an "other" - but at a guess, do you think they are more or less likely to be separatists?
    PS: Your pathetic point about the Yougov misleading question, do you think if they asked an English person if they wanted the Scottish athlete to beat the English one that they would all say , Yes of course why would I support those English athletes when someone from Scotland could win it. PATHETIC.
    I suggest you read the poll and understand it before continuing to make yourself look (even more) foolish.

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/ytggo8ho42/YG-Archive-Pol-Sunday-Times-results-140725.pdf

The question was asked of a case where "Country X" was the only remaining UK team in a final (where X was England, Scotland or Wales).

Only the Scots got into double digits in wanting another home country (England) to lose ......
  • Options
    Edin_RokzEdin_Rokz Posts: 516
    Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

@Ed_Miliband: We need a public question time, where the Prime Minister regularly submits himself or herself to questioning from the public.

The PM does this regularly, all over the country. Labour was heavily critical of that. So now Ed wants him to do it only at Westminster...
    I've watched DC doing just this, normally in front of an audience set up in a factory, school or similar with the work force roped in, from experience of similar meetings, with the promise of an hour or so away from their work station. The ones on television (with DC it is always televised) the audience always looks like they would actually prefer to be back at their work stations.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Scott_P said:

@carrieapples: Did Ed Miliband really hire a voice coach just 24 hours after claiming he has no time for 'politics driven by image'? http://t.co/i1NfuaGu4I

Who the hell is advising this man?

Or is this another example of his intellectual self confidence?

I also just remembered the little fact of when he decided it was time to get married.

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

GIN1138 said:

In a carefully stage-managed interview - set in an attractive garden, Miliband, (who has just taken on a new voice coach), continued to expand on his theme that image in politics is something he just isn't interested in or concerned about.

He then revealed his proposal to rework PMQs so that it is the public not the politicians who ask the questions of the PM. But, of course, did not give any details as to how this might be implemented - or why he thought that the elected representatives of the people couldn't do the job.

You do have a listening problem ! Questions by the public will be in addition to the normal PMQs. Nowhere did he say that the politician's PMQ will not atke place.
  • Options
    No_Offence_AlanNo_Offence_Alan Posts: 3,877
    malcolmg said:

I

PS: Your pathetic point about the Yougov misleading question, do you think if they asked an English person if they wanted the Scottish athlete to beat the English one that they would all say , Yes of course why would I support those English athletes when someone from Scotland could win it. PATHETIC.

Well, this Englishman living in Scotland was cheering for Derek Hawkins in the marathon - he works at the same supermarket as my son!
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

Why is Ed Miliband getting under your skin ?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,616
    Cyberunionists out in force today :)
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,616
    Edin_Rokz said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

I've watched DC doing just this, normally in front of an audience set up in a factory, school or similar with the work force roped in, from experience of similar meetings, with the promise of an hour or so away from their work station. The ones on television (with DC it is always televised) the audience always looks like they would actually prefer to be back at their work stations.
    He's just an out of touch puffed-up Bullingdon posh boy :)
  • Options
    Parliamentary arithmetic:

Assuming "Others" end up with less than 28 seats, unless Labour and Tory hit, at least, 300 seats each, the Liberal Democrats will be part of a coalition.

Only a scenario close to:

C 300, L 300, LD, 22 Others 28 requires another party to fora a majority coalition.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,064
    Edin_Rokz said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

Like this classic example - though it looks as if they didn't even get the hour off but had to do it in their lunch break.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/david-cameron-makes-a-quaker-oaf-688759

• Options
    surbiton said:

Parliamentary arithmetic:

Assuming "Others" end up with less than 28 seats, unless Labour and Tory hit, at least, 295 seats each, the Liberal Democrats will be part of a coalition.

Only a scenario close to:

C 296, L 296, LD, 32 Others 28 requires another party to form a majority coalition.

• Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

I watch the BBC video clips of the "important" things he has to say, but otherwise I find it impossible to listen,.. it was pretty much the same with Brown

I have a low tolerance level for most Mp's but I agree with you both Brown and Milliband have me reaching for the remote control.

On the other hand Tony Blair I found easy to listen to.

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,207
    Edin_Rokz said:

Scott_P said:

GIN1138 said:

Rokz, you have burst Scott's bubble, he thought Cameron actually had the public at his meetings rather than hand picked party lapdogs. He is easily confused.
  • Options
    Floater said:

I watch the BBC video clips of the "important" things he has to say, but otherwise I find it impossible to listen,.. it was pretty much the same with Brown

I have a low tolerance level for most Mp's but I agree with you both Brown and Milliband have me reaching for the remote control.

On the other hand Tony Blair I found easy to listen to.

You are clearly fond of natural Tories.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

As an aid to punters i can only repeat a conversation with a Scottish couple we met on holiday. They were stoutly in the NO camp and were convinced the vote would be NO. They were further convinced that, whilst pensioners themselves, the young would vote NO as well.

I should add for the benefit of the inevitable group of 'sod off Scotland' fanatics that these people were friendly to the English and happy with the Union.

So you met a couple of institutionalised pensioners who had no vision and no hope.
    I have yet to meet or hear any Yes supporter having any issue with English people. Luckily there are many more people who have vision and hope and do want to run their own affairs.
    They disagree with you, so they are "institutionalised" and "have no vision and no hope"?

I have difficulty in believing you are that pompous and condescending in real life, but are playing "the big man" from the safe anonymity of your computer screen.

As to "Scots who hate the English" YouGov today showed twice the level of "hoping England lose" than the reverse in England.

Of course, we don't know who these rather sad and pathetic individuals are, defining themselves in negative opposition to an "other" - but at a guess, do you think they are more or less likely to be separatists?
    I suggest you read the poll and understand it before continuing to make yourself look (even more) foolish.

http://cdn.yougov.com/cumulus_uploads/document/ytggo8ho42/YG-Archive-Pol-Sunday-Times-results-140725.pdf

The question was asked of a case where "Country X" was the only remaining UK team in a final (where X was England, Scotland or Wales).

Only the Scots got into double digits in wanting another home country (England) to lose ......
    Yawn, poor Little Englander viewpoint , next you will be telling me Europeans , Australians etc love you but nasty Scots don't want England to win. What a pathetic viewpoint on life you have , an apology for a Scot, keep licking boots and trying to ingratiate yourself , one day you may be considered English , for sure you will already have the accent down to perfection to hide your shame.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    surbiton said:

GIN1138 said:

You do have a listening problem ! Questions by the public will be in addition to the normal PMQs. Nowhere did he say that the politician's PMQ will not atke place.
    And you have a very rose-tinted perspective on all things Miliband - this is a gimmick of a proposal that adds nothing of substance to the offer Labour is making to the public.

He says he doesn't want to compete on the terms the public are used to - but he doesn't seem to understand that those are the rules of the game of UK politics.

Labour, as others have pointed out, were dismissive of Cameron's Q&A sessions round the country. Now they want to do the same thing - only to just have it in Westminster.

No mention of where it will take place (as it clearly couldn't take place in the Commons), no mention of how people will be able to attend, no mention of who will select the questions.

It is a gimmick - and if you were being honest, you would admit as much.

In the week where Miliband has spoken of his desire to focus on substance rather than image, he comes out with a proposal that is all about image and absolutely nothing about substance. Indeed there is no real substance to his proposal. Perhaps he should have waited until he actually had a real document to present - rather than floating an idea that has generated ridicule from a range of sources.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,064

malcolmg said:

I

Well, this Englishman living in Scotland was cheering for Derek Hawkins in the marathon - he works at the same supermarket as my son!
    On a related topic, I was startled when a friend of mine (not a Nat at all, before some of you start assuming that) complained bitterly to me about the BBC presenters parachuted in from London over the heads of the BBC Scotland folk - not because they were southrons but because they were stuck in Olympics 2012 mode and could not cope with the notion that Team GB was non-existent in Glasgow 2014. I gather they kept referring to the England team as Team GB and the 'home team'! As he said, the BBC should have used the rugby commentators - at least they can cope with a shift of perspective.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

I

Yes and who got the second biggest cheer of the night at opening ceremony , surprise surprise it was England. That does not fit Carlotta's lickspittle viewpoint of all those nasty English hating Scots wanting them to lose. Sad sad excuse for a Scot, sing the usual cringing unionist crap.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

vision and hope and do want to run their own affairs.

Yawn, poor Little Englander viewpoint , next you will be telling me Europeans , Australians etc love you but nasty Scots don't want England to win. What a pathetic viewpoint on life you have , an apology for a Scot, keep licking boots and trying to ingratiate yourself , one day you may be considered English , for sure you will already have the accent down to perfection to hide your shame.
    You genuinely don't understand opinion polls, do you?

But please do carry on looking more foolish, ignorant and uninformed with each post.

You are attacking me for the views held by some Scots......
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I

That does not fit Carlotta's lickspittle viewpoint .
    It's an opinion poll you fecking moron! (Apologies mods - but I'm trying to get through to this cretin in language he'll understand....)

• Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    One of the interesting points about the independence vote is how passionate yeses and noes will get on with each other after the result!

V. vituperative exchanges on here today.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

But please do carry on looking more foolish, ignorant and uninformed with each post.

I was challenging your pathetic reading of the views versus real life. You believe any crap from the papers, absolutely pathetic, try thinking and have a real opinion. You and Scott would be a great couple.

PS: If it had said 100% of Scots wanted England to win every medal you would have found something bad and nasty about Scots from it.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Must have been a bad poll for the Independence camp , malcolmg is lashing out with wild abuse at anyone and everyone .
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I

It's an opinion poll you fecking moron! (Apologies mods - but I'm trying to get through to this cretin in language he'll understand....)

Lovely , when you have lost start cursing and insulting the poster, dear dear!!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Must have been a bad poll for the Independence camp , malcolmg is lashing out with wild abuse at anyone and everyone .

MarkSenile , YAWN, back to your bath chair.

If interested get your nurse to read it to you, slowly.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I was challenging your pathetic reading of the views versus real life.
    Ah, anecdote vs opinion poll - why didn't you say - your fatuity would have been more immediately apparent!

Will you be among the 200,000 who leave when the "no" vote comes in?

How could you possibly continue living in a country full of lickspittle boot licking losers?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/scottish-independence-700-000-would-leave-if-yes-1-3490006
  • Options
    taffys said:

One of the interesting points about the independence vote is how passionate yeses and noes will get on with each other after the result!

Taffys, you must lead a sheltered life, that is only banter, though Carlotta does seem to have burst a gasket. As she is in England the YES vote will not affect her , she will be too busy trying to become English, given her hatred of everything Scottish.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

Ah, anecdote vs opinion poll - why didn't you say - your fatuity would have been more immediately apparent!

How could you possibly continue living in a country full of lickspittle boot licking losers?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/scottish-independence-700-000-would-leave-if-yes-1-3490006
    LOL, now you are floundering , there are not 700,000 like you in Scotland surely. Unionist claptrap, how pathetic can you get.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I

I haven't lost (it's an OPINION POLL) - and if insulting other posters is the measure - you must lose all the time!
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I

I haven't lost (it's an OPINION POLL) - and if insulting other posters is the measure - you must lose all the time!
    LOL, LOL , LOL and that from someone calling a poster a moron and a cretin. You are not the sharpest tool in the box are you.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

taffys said:

hatred of everything Scottish.
    Ah, the "no true Scot" racist nationalist argument.....wondered when that was going to show up......

• Options

malcolmg said:

taffys said:

Ah, the "no true Scot" racist nationalist argument.....wondered when that was going to show up......

Only unionists use those kind of phrases and we all know why. Tell your Dad to take care he might have a stroke.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

you do mince words malcolm . I do not , you are a VILE BITTER TWISTED piece of DOG SHITE

Oh No , Carlotta's got her Dad insulting me as well now.
    It is the attitude of Yes supporters like you that will drive the many decent Scots to vote overwhelmingly No in September .
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I

LOL, LOL , LOL and that from someone calling a poster a moron and a cretin. You are not the sharpest tool in the box are you.
    And you're just a tool......you haven't read that YouGov, have you? Maybe cretin was unfair - innumerate may be more accurate.....

• Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

you do mince words malcolm . I do not , you are a VILE BITTER TWISTED piece of DOG SHITE

It is the attitude of Yes supporters like you that will drive the many decent Scots to vote overwhelmingly No in September .
    Cuckoo, Cuckoo
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I suggest you read the poll and understand it before continuing to make yourself look (even more) foolish

LOL, now you are floundering , there are not 700,000 like you in Scotland surely. Unionist claptrap, how pathetic can you get.
    I'm not the one who can't read OPINION POLLS..........so you will stay on in the nation of institutionalise hopeless lickspittle boot licking losers (your words, not mine) then?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,124
    I don't understand, Mr (I assume) Moderator what hold malcolmg has over you. Other people descending to his (again I assume) level of abuse would, rightly, have been banned long ago.

Or is he (see above) being retained in some sort of perverse jester role?
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

these people were friendly to the English and happy with the Union.

I suggest you read the poll and understand it before continuing to make yourself look (even more) foolish

already have the accent down to perfection to hide your shame.

I'm not the one who can't read OPINION POLLS..........so you will stay on in the nation of institutionalise hopeless lickspittle boot licking losers (your words, not mine) then?
    Imagine your burst unionist bubble when it is YES. I am sure you will remain a lickspittle though.
  • Options

I don't understand, Mr (I assume) Moderator what hold malcolmg has over you. Other people descending to his (again I assume) level of abuse would, rightly, have been banned long ago.

Put your specs on you turnip.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

taffys said:

Only unionists use those kind of phrases and we all know why. Tell your Dad to take care he might have a stroke.
    No - you continually accuse me of hating all things Scottish simply because I oppose the duff prospectus offered up by YESNP - you are the one playing the "no true Scot" card - in your Scotland there is one state, one people.....how does that finish?
  • Options

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

And in September it will all be someone else's fault - the resident English, for example......

• Options
    edited July 2014

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

taffys said:

No - you continually accuse me of hating all things Scottish simply because I oppose the duff prospectus offered up by YESNP - you are the one playing the "no true Scot" card - in your Scotland there is one state, one people.....how does that finish?
    You show your ignorance and bias with your "YESNP". Your pathetic Nazi insinuations are what I would expect from a loser.

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they come to fight you, and then you win." (M.K. Gandhi)
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,018
    Pleased to see the Sunday afternoon game of "poking Malcolm with a stick" is going to plan. He never disappoints.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,382
    edited July 2014

I don't think malcolm has called anyone a fecking moron or a VILE BITTER TWISTED piece of DOG SHITE.

Yet.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

these people were friendly to the English and happy with the Union.

already have the accent down to perfection to hide your shame.

Imagine your burst unionist bubble when it is YES. I am sure you will remain a lickspittle though.
    No, I will wish an independent Scotland safe journeys on the troubled seas ahead - I wouldn't want to be a Nat when the false prospectus independence has been sold upon gets shredded.....
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    malcolmg said:

Only unionists use those kind of phrases and we all know why.

Like the reverse of "too wee, too poor, too stupid" then.
  • Options

Pleased to see the Sunday afternoon game of "poking Malcolm with a stick" is going to plan. He never disappoints.

The losers try hard John, but they are bumbling pathetic amateurs.
  • Options

I don't think he's called anyone a fecking moron or a VILE BITTER TWISTED piece of DOG SHITE.

Yet.
    Divvie, they are very selective in what they read, they are sore losers for sure, the truth hurts them badly.
  • Options
    PBModeratorPBModerator Posts: 661
    Tone it down everyone!
  • Options

Well - it beats shooting fish in a barrel....just.....

• Options
    malcolmg said:

I could try myself, I have better things to do.

Have enjoyed seeing how much the wee pretendy country is enjoying its wee pretendy Olympics though, unfortunately I think it's the closest you're going to get to either.

• Options
    Despite it being so much fun I am being ordered to do the housework and get the shopping done, must get my pinnie on or I will get into trouble. LOL.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Despite it being so much fun I am being ordered to do the housework and get the shopping done, must get my pinnie on or I will get into trouble. LOL.

Pathetic lickspittle loser
  • Options
    Oh the losers have had to get the moderator to save their pathetic skins. LOL.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

taffys said:

You show your ignorance and bias with your "YESNP".
    Sorry, was the White Paper on Scottish Independence not published by the SNP Government?

What other prospectus is there?

One that either makes sense or adds up?

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,382

malcolmg said:

Have enjoyed seeing how much the wee pretendy country is enjoying its wee pretendy Olympics though, unfortunately I think it's the closest you're going to get to either.

Better things to do than some low grade, crude trolling? Evidently not.

• Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    edited July 2014
    I have asked Scottish Widows, who hold one of my pension funds, what they intend to do if there is a yes vote.. as I have no intention of leaving a vital part of my income in a foreign country where there appears to be no currency policy..The answer so far is a stony silence.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

I don't think he's called anyone a fecking moron or a VILE BITTER TWISTED piece of DOG SHITE.

Yet.
    they are sore losers for sure, the truth hurts them badly.
    That's a keeper! Pend. September 19.

Got your pinnie & marigolds on?

I guess it beats "a big boy made me do it, then he ran away"!

• Options

malcolmg said:

A parting shot. Off for some time in the garden.

• Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    I think I preferred the old days on pbc when Sundays seemed to be reserved for discussions on different forms of capital punishment and the like.
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790

It's absolutely absurd that, similar to yesterday, the so-called Commonwealth Games (whatever that means) accounts for thirteen and a half hours out of a total of fifteen hours' scheduling between 9am - 12 midnight today on BBC1, that's an obscene 90%

Can't the BBC bigwigs get it into their skulls that only a tiny proportion of viewers are remotely interested in these minority sports and even they surely could not engage with such a saturated level of coverage.

Boring, boring, boring!

This is incorrect. The vast majority of ordinary normal decent people are very greatly interested in watching the Commonwealth Games, and enjoy following the events, ogling at the big hunky swimmers, and singing along with the national anthems during the medal ceremonies.

You're obviously one of the hystericalists who are never happy until you have made everybody else miserable. If you don't like the Commonwealth (Games), go back to Zimbabwe. Or Russia. Or North Korea.
  • Options
    (didcOT)

Why are cooling towers shaped like cooling towers? How does that shape help them to "cool" whatever it is they're cooling (which I presume is water)?
  • Options

I think I preferred the old days on pbc when Sundays seemed to be reserved for discussions on different forms of capital punishment and the like.

You're obviously an alien who has come to Earth from Andromeda to destroy civilisation. As a precaution, you should be cut in half with a scythe.

• Options

I have asked Scottish Widows, who hold one of my pension funds, what they intend to do if there is a yes vote.. as I have no intention of leaving a vital part of my income in a foreign country where there appears to be no currency policy..The answer so far is a stony silence.

They may become Welsh Widows:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-28415955
  • Options
    When this referendum thingy first started, I expected that the result would be Yes 28% No 72%, and that the only counting area to vote "Yes" would be the Western Isles. Even if the opinion polls have stabilised (and the No vote solidified), a split of 46:54 is still too close for comfort.
  • Options
    JohnLoony said:

(didcOT)

Why are cooling towers shaped like cooling towers? How does that shape help them to "cool" whatever it is they're cooling (which I presume is water)?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperboloid_structure
  • Options
    Carlotta..It is the deafening silence from SW that is slightly worrying..they do not seem to have an extraction or transfer plan..of any description..But if Scotland goes solo then I will not be the only policy holder wanting to move my annuity to home ground..there must be millions of us.
  • Options
    Don't want to steal Morris's thunder but Hungarian Grand Prix is :O
  • Options
    Curtice on Panelbase:

It is thus difficult to see how the Yes side can win the referendum unless it can persuade voters of the financial case for independence in the few weeks that are left.

http://blog.whatscotlandthinks.org/2014/07/panelbase-still-put-no-ahead/
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

JohnLoony said:

(didcOT)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperboloid_structure
    Great!

Or, as the youth of today would say, Cool!
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    edited July 2014
    JohnLoony said:

(didcOT)

It's a very efficient shape for structural strength and also economy of building material. The shape is also efficient in moving air upwards.

Edit: I see Scott_P has posted a link which is much better than my 2 line summary :)
  • Options

Carlotta..It is the deafening silence from SW that is slightly worrying..they do not seem to have an extraction or transfer plan..of any description..But if Scotland goes solo then I will not be the only policy holder wanting to move my annuity to home ground..there must be millions of us.

I expect they know what happens to businesses that express opinions not acceptable to "true Scots"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/snp-figures-accused-of-intimidating-business-leaders.24478653

In any case, EU regulations (since Scotland is -guaranteed automatic membership) may well require SW and others to move their business to where most of their customers are.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/lloyds-banking-group-issue-warning-about-impact-of-scottish-independence.1394037483
  • Options
    This is the man who made a speech decrying political stunts...
    ED MILIBAND, who last week confronted his failure to connect with voters, has turned to one of the world’s leading experts on autism to help boost his “political empathy”.

Simon Baron-Cohen, a Cambridge academic and the cousin of Ali G creator Sacha Baron Cohen, has emerged as a surprise inspiration for the Labour leader’s speech on Friday in which he admitted to having an image problem.

Baron-Cohen is the author of Zero Degrees of Empathy, a book which explores the science of how concern for others is generated in the brain. It argues that empathy is a key characteristic for political leaders and vital for resolving conflicts.
    http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/Politics/article1439439.ece
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Pathetic lickspittle loser
    Look who has been resurrected , who's alter ego is the man who does not know what his name is.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,043
    The man who everyone wanted to be dropped for this test moves into 3rd place in the all time England runscoring list... At the age of 29..... Jeez
  • Options

malcolmg said:

John will be ironing his union jack underpants, sad loser with an inferiority complex.
  • Options

Another fanny appears
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Another fanny appears
    I'm not involved in this debate to go easy!

But what's going to happen if yes loses by 2-3%? Surely there will be a campaign for another referendum. How long would you give it? 5 years?
  • Options

I expect they know what happens to businesses that express opinions not acceptable to "true Scots"

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/snp-figures-accused-of-intimidating-business-leaders.24478653

In any case, EU regulations (since Scotland is -guaranteed automatic membership) may well require SW and others to move their business to where most of their customers are.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/lloyds-banking-group-issue-warning-about-impact-of-scottish-independence.1394037483
    Huzzah for the Little Englanders, Doddy the tax evader living abroad , typical sponging Tory leech.
  • Options
    isam said:

malcolmg said:

Another fanny appears
    I'm not involved in this debate to go easy!

But what's going to happen if yes loses by 2-3%? Surely there will be a campaign for another referendum. How long would you give it? 5 years?
    Sam, it would not be long that is for sure, it is only a case now of when it happens.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Look who has been resurrected , who's alter ego is the man who does not know what his name is.

???

who is alter ego is the man who does not know what his name is

???

Is this Gaelic?
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Roll out all the old cheesy unionist scare stories, what a loser. You and diddy are a real pair of lightweights. Hopefully SW move to England and the dummy loses all his money, as if we care about his pathetic annuity.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,028
    Good afternoon, everyone.

F1 highlights are must-watch for those into the sport. Very, very exciting race.

I'll set about writing the post-race piece (I'm sure I'll miss something out, rather a lot happened), so don't click that link if you're worried about spoilers.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    MG Your remark about me being a tax evader and some sort of sponger is appalling.. I am working right now in the UK and I and my companies pay our taxes in the UK.. I am not a tory or any sort of leech..so please retract your comment and then go away little man.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Huzzah for the Little Englanders, Doddy the tax evader living abroad , typical sponging Tory leech.
    google translate is asking for "original language" but is struggling to make sense of it...

• Options

google translate is asking for "original language"

Try "whinge"
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Good afternoon, everyone.

F1 highlights are must-watch for those into the sport. Very, very exciting race.

Actually it's so good that even people who aren't into the sport could watch and enjoy. A proper cliffhanger!

Goodness knows how the BBC are going to decide what goes into their highlights package and what doesn't, LOL!
  • Options
    Tony Barrett (@TonyBarretTimes)
    27/07/2014 15:01
    Loic Remy's move to Liverpool is off. It is understood the forward failed a medical. No comment from the club however.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,187
    The other day our doorbell rang and two youths with clipboards asked my opinion about the IndyRef saying they were from "South Morningside", but no polling organisation was mentioned. One sported a "Yes!" sticker on his blouson. I wonder whether their efforts elicited accurate responses…

• Options
    edited July 2014

MG Your remark about me being a tax evader and some sort of sponger is appalling.. I am working right now in the UK and I and my companies pay our taxes in the UK.. I am not a tory or any sort of leech..so please retract your comment and then go away little man.

Boo Hoo sob , substitute "absolute fanny" for tax evader then.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,028
    edited July 2014
    Mr. Gin, they should cut all the build-up and just show it from the start. I think there were 2-3 laps halfway through that could be cut.

Quite hard remembering who was where. I think my post-race piece may be a bit vague...

Edited extra bit: and you're quite right. May have been better than Bahrain. Hmm. Not sure.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

google translate is asking for "original language" but is struggling to make sense of it...

I see you wally dugs are now conversing with each other, it was only a matter of time. Love is in the air.
  • Options
    geoffw said:

The other day our doorbell rang and two youths with clipboards asked my opinion about the IndyRef saying they were from "South Morningside", but no polling organisation was mentioned. One sported a "Yes!" sticker on his blouson. I wonder whether their efforts elicited accurate responses…

Geoff, I think it would be safe to assume they were from the Yes Edinburgh South - Morningside group and not a polling organisation.
  • Options
    mg..most people try hard to be a complete prat but it obviously comes easy to you...now please go away.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

mg..most people try hard to be a complete prat but it obviously comes easy to you...now please go away.

Poor Richard , he does not like free speech, typical Tory. I better obey orders and leave the site immediately.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,187
    @malcolm thanks, but still if they wanted an accurate survey should they have shown their own colours?
This discussion has been closed.