Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Harry Hayfield’s Local By-Election Preview: July 24th 2014

SystemSystem Posts: 11,687
edited July 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Harry Hayfield’s Local By-Election Preview: July 24th 2014

Clifton on Blackpool (Lab Defence)
Last election to council (2011): Labour 27, Conservatives 14, Liberal Democrats 1 (Labour majority of 12)
Last election in ward (2011): Emboldened denotes elected
Labour 1,090, 911
Conservatives 567, 475
Independent 221
Candidates duly nominated:

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    FPT "Israelis I have known have expressed utter incredulity at Western criticism. They think - rightly, in my opinion - that if Westerners (or at least our politicians) were put under exactly the same pressures, we would react in the same way, and the population would be supportive. They assume we are being hypocrites. I think they're wrong - we just don't have that siege mentality. We're not pre-primed to instantly think, on the news of a Hamas rocket attack, "bastards, let's hit them back so they can't keep doing this", and without paying too much attention to the damage we cause. If we were put in their shoes, we would collectively develop it pretty quickly."

Plenty of truth in that.

What I have found among some prominent young British Israelis is what is (to my mind) a conflation of the day-to-day conflict with Hamas and the long term. Over the short term, I for one have no doubt that Britain would do much the same. But over the long-term, I sometimes wonder what it is that they (that is to say, those I have talked to) see a peaceful Israel looking like. In Northern Ireland we proposed and executed a power-sharing plan that attempted to set out a vision for what a peaceful Northern Ireland would be like.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Cheers, Mr. Hayfield.

Incidentally, when weather's as annoyingly humid as this, presumably it depresses turnout?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    FPT

Forget the anti semitic slur rubbish, this is the reason for the "north London" prefix when talking about some Labour types, and Ed Miliband in particular

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/culturehousedaily/2014/07/the-snobbery-of-farmers-markets-makes-me-want-to-run-to-the-nearest-morrisons/
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Not questioning Harry's veracity but is there really a candidate for the Reading election called- Ann Zebedee (UKIP)?
    Otherwise Ukip will be hopeful in Walsall and the L/Ds not even being able to field a candidate in Windsor and Maidenhead stand out.Another Ukip/Lab scrap in Doncaster.TUSC to beat the Tory in the Rhondda.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Has anyone noticed that the summer weather in London in July 2014 closely resembles the the summer in London of July 1914. Then as now, it was hot and humid. Then as now rumbles of war from distant places were making themselves heard.

But we have learned a lot in 100 years, haven't we?
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,987
    Mr. K, forgotten a fair amount as well.
  • Options
    The Fink says copying UKIP will cost the Tories in the eyes of target voters..

Why don't they do what they think is right?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/exclusive-chasing-the-ukip-vote-could-kill-the-conservative-party-claims-tory-moderniser-9626977.html
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    MikeK said:

Has anyone noticed that the summer weather in London in July 2014 closely resembles the the summer in London of July 1914. Then as now, it was hot and humid. Then as now rumbles of war from distant places were making themselves heard.

And the Liberals were in the 4th year of coalition!
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,797
    isam said:

The Fink says copying UKIP will cost the Tories in the eyes of target voters..

Why don't they do what they think is right?

Because too many of their activists want to be UKIP, but without the difficult hurdles to win seats UKIP has, so the leadership desperately tries to stop the leakage and keep what they have, rather than try to replace them by going after different voters, as that never seems to work enough to make up for the defections.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

If we had sat it out we'd have had no WW1, no WW2 and the EU would be a Franco-German empire (with the difference that no one would ever have suggested we join it).

• Options
    Doncaster definitely has the more interesting recent history, but current trends suggest a boring outcome. Windsor seems like a LD worst case scenario, as it seems they haven't even bothered putting up any candidate this time.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

If we had sat it out we'd have had no WW1...

Yes, I am sure it was just that easy a decision to make, it's not as though it was a tense continent of great powers in a tangled complex web of allegiances and aims. Staying out of things is not always easy to manage, even in hindsight, and no guarantee our predictions of what would have happened, so favourably as is invariably how these predictions go, would indeed have occurred. Sometimes pressures just build up, and even if a world war might not be an inevitable outcome, something major definitely is.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

If we had sat it out we'd have had no WW1, no WW2 and the EU would be a Franco-German empire (with the difference that no one would ever have suggested we join it).

Daniel Hannan ‏@DanHannanMEP · Jun 9
    Enoch Powell's uncannily accurate prediction of the euro crisis in 1978. (via @WhiteWednesday): #HeWhoMustNotBeNamed pic.twitter.com/793AuZDZeH

• Options
    Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

You're making rather a massive leap. The wars we had would not have played out in the same way, but it doesn't mean things would've been great, or even better, than they were.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,481
    corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

You're making rather a massive leap. The wars we had would not have played out in the same way, but it doesn't mean things would've been great, or even better, than they were.
    Can I blame the Liberals for the problems in the Middle East?

The Balfour declaration happened under a Liberal PM?

• Options
    HughHugh Posts: 955
    isam said:

FPT

Forget the anti semitic slur rubbish, this is the reason for the "north London" prefix when talking about some Labour types, and Ed Miliband in particular

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/culturehousedaily/2014/07/the-snobbery-of-farmers-markets-makes-me-want-to-run-to-the-nearest-morrisons/

What a pathetic article. Ignorant, patronising and dripping with snobby contempt for working people.

No wonder a UKIP cheerleader likes it.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

What a pathetic article. Ignorant, patronising and dripping with snobby contempt for working people.

Farmers markets are where middle class wallies over pay for normal food while pretending theyre saving small businesses.. its the middle class version of the emporers new clothes

And as I said on the last thread, I have been guilty of indulging in it myself, so no need to start crying into an organically recycled tissue about it "Hugh"

• Options

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

The things those Conservatives get up to when your back is turned.

It was also the Liberals who invaded and occupied Egypt.
  • Options
    Memo to self: must not make frivolous suggestions on pb.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

I blame the PM, Lloyd George also lost us Ireland and well, don't even get me started on Sykes-Picot

Plus he ruined the House of Lords.
  • Options
    Sun Politics @Sun_Politics · 1m

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead down one to three points: CON 35%, LAB 38%, LD 8%, UKIP 11%
  • Options
    isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Farmers markets are where middle class wallies over pay for normal food while pretending theyre saving small businesses.. its the middle class version of the emporers new clothes

And as I said on the last thread, I have been guilty of indulging in it myself, so no need to start crying into an organically recycled tissue about it "Hugh"

Oh what bullshit UkipSam.

People enjoy something funky to do on a weekend morning, even if theyre the dumb and filthy types you Kippers imagine working people are like
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Captain Blackadder: Do you mean "How did the war start?"

Lieutenant George: The war started because of the vile Hun and his villainous empire building.

Captain Blackadder: George, the British Empire at present covers a quarter of the globe, while the German Empire consists of a small sausage factory in Tanganiki. I hardly think that we can be entirely absolved of blame on the imperialistic front.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    Tonights YG 341/267 UKPR EICIPM
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

People enjoy something funky to do on a weekend morning, even if theyre the dumb and filthy types you Kippers imagine working people are like
    Have you been drinking? Looks like you have misunderstood it all.

Youre not Hugh Grant or Hugh Fearnley Whitenstall are you? Bet they love a Farmers market

Oh hang on... Youre not a farmer are you????!!
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

A nasty article that sneers at the way some working people enjoy the little leisure time they have. Not only is it an unpleasant misanthropic rant, it is also totally wrong. My local market sells goods that I cannot buy in the supermarket, such as local game and freshly cooked burgers. The hatred of North Londoners on this forum really knows no bounds. It's pathetic.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

A nasty article that sneers at the way some working people enjoy the little leisure time they have. Not only is it an unpleasant misanthropic rant, it is also totally wrong. My local market sells goods that I cannot buy in the supermarket, such as local game and freshly cooked burgers. The hatred of North Londoners on this forum really knows no bounds. It's pathetic.
    Is the game comment a muckabout?

I don't hate North Londoners at all. Al I said was that this is the stereotype that informs the prefix "North London" when referring to Ed Miliband

As I said before, I like North London, I lived there for a few years, and have got involved in this kind of stuff myself. But I was aware how poncey it was, that's all

Good to see Labourites slagging a Guardian journo off though, doesn't happen often
  • Options

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

I blame the PM, Lloyd George also lost us Ireland and well, don't even get me started on Sykes-Picot

And gave women and poor men the vote.

(Also pfsh. Blame the Conservatives, the only way Ireland was staying was if Gladstone's plans for home rule and a sort of extremely devolved Ireland were met).
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I've never seen anyone sneer and look down their noses at working people as much as UKIP fanatics.

Not even Tories would be this ignorant,
  • Options
    corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

(Also pfsh. Blame the Conservatives, the only way Ireland was staying was if Gladstone's plans for home rule and a sort of extremely devolved Ireland were met).
    Have you noticed the country has gone downhill since we gave women the vote.

We used to have an EMPIRE, AN EMPIRE, now look at us.
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I don't hate North Londoners at all. Al I said was that this is the stereotype that informs the prefix "North London" when referring to Ed Miliband

As I said before, I like North London, I lived there for a few years, and have got involved in this kind of stuff myself. But I was aware how poncey it was, that's all

Good to see Labourites slagging a Guardian journo off though, doesn't happen often
    I couldn't give a f who she is or who she writes for. It's a nasty, ill-informed rant. She needs to get out more if she gets that angry at people spending Saturday morning mooching around a bloody market.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I've never seen anyone sneer and look down their noses at working people as much as UKIP fanatics.

That's not how working class people see it, hence Labour lose votes to UKIP

But if you want to to be the party of Farmers markets, Chelsea tractors, local game, and think that theyre the only place to buy a hamburger , all the best

what what "Hugh"
  • Options
    Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

You've forgotten Gordon Brown and his thoughts on the bigoted woman?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    I'm gonna get my geek on and watch the first episodes of the £15bn railway.
  • Options

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

Point of order, the British Empire was at it's largest extent in 1921.

(Churchill staunchly opposed women voting, believed that if they really did wish to express their views they could do so via fathers/brothers/husbands).
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I couldn't give a f who she is or who she writes for. It's a nasty, ill-informed rant. She needs to get out more if she gets that angry at people spending Saturday morning mooching around a bloody market.
    Ahh stop being so precious

• Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    edited July 2014
    The born and bred middle class urban 'liberal' invariably considers the working class ignorant oiks yet thinks fine talk and throwing them some benefit cash is somehow a great gesture...just as long as the workers don't get any grand ideas. Just another reason why I couldn't vote socialist..who became democratic socialists..who became social democrats..who became progressives/liberals (and stole the latter term)

Because they are patronising sh*ts.

Ukraine: Things are getting worse. The American assessment that the Russians have been lobbing shells from their side of the border into Ukraine is about 2-3 weeks late. It should be noted that some residents in the Belgorod region bordering Ukraine are reportedly taking a bit of a trip out of the border areas. The place is like a military zone.

Iraq: I reported last night that the Sunnis are in probing and harassment mode around Baghdad. It continues today.

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Local game in North London :D ?!
  • Options
    isam said:

Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

But if you want to to be the party of Farmers markets, Chelsea tractors, local game, and think that theyre the only place to buy a hamburger , all the best

what what "Hugh"
    Stop pretending to speak for working people just because you employ some of them.

Filthy swines might even potter round a market tasting cheese, how dare they, dont they know their place? Flat tax em I say.
  • Options
    isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Youre not Hugh Grant or Hugh Fearnley Whitenstall are you? Bet they love a Farmers market

You in a bad mood tonight Sam? You were the one praising the idiotic misanthropic piece and calling hard working North Londoners "wallies".

As for the author's line about the market punters' "easily earned cash", you are an intelligent man, I hope the deep irony wasn't lost on you...
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,314
    edited July 2014
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I hate north Londoners. Especially if they are Labour supporters or, more recently on PB, rosé wine-drinking Primrose Hill residents who wail and nash their teeth about "Gaza" without having the faintest clue about it and who could probably not even find it on a map even Googlemaps, before going to the Lansdowne for a salmon and dill tian.

Farmers markets are frequented by ponces I'm amazed this is a source of debate. OK well let's call them "the middle class". After (was it?) Blackburn63's searing comment that the "rump" of Britain can't afford to live in this country, how you think anyone has the spare cash for six different types of olive is beyond me.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

(Churchill staunchly opposed women voting, believed that if they really did wish to express their views they could do so via fathers/brothers/husbands).
    Churchill was wrong.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

what what "Hugh"
    Stop pretending to speak for working people just because you employ some of them.

Filthy swines might even potter round a market tasting cheese, how dare they, dont they know their place? Flat tax em I say.
    I employ them? Haha I think you are stark raving mad!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Local game in North London :D ?!
    You realise that London is surrounded by rural counties right?
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

The born and bred middle class urban 'liberal' invariably considers the working class ignorant oiks yet thinks fine talk and throwing them some benefit cash is somehow a great gesture...just as long as the workers don't get any grand ideas. Just another reason why I couldn't vote socialist..who became democratic socialists..who became social democrats..who became progressives/liberals (and stole the latter term)

Because they are patronising sh*ts.

Ukraine: Things are getting worse. The American assessment that the Russians have been lobbing shells from their side of the border into Ukraine is about 2-3 weeks late.

Iraq: I reported last night that the Sunnis are in probing and harassment mode around Baghdad. It continues today.

The frothers are out in force this evening
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    Trolling is for the daytime - not for the evening, we're all meant to be too tired to bother with that stuff when it gets late.
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

You were the one calling North Londoners wallies and sneering at people.
  • Options

Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

He wasn't sneering. He was right. She is a bigot.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

You in a bad mood tonight Sam? You were the one praising the idiotic misanthropic piece and calling hard working North Londoners "wallies".

As for the author's line about the market punters' "easily earned cash", you are an intelligent man, I hope the deep irony wasn't lost on you...
    I'm alright! I just linked to the article because it is an example of what people mean when use "North London" as a stereotype.

As I keep saying, i used to live there myself and me and my mates have been known to be pretentious farmers market types too.

Haha this is great, tag team labour defenders of Chelsea tractor organic hamburger in a focaccia!!!

• Options
    BobaFett said:

Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Ed Miliband disagrees

Gordon Brown 'Wrong' To Call Gillian Duffy A Bigot, Says Ed Miliband

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/gordon-brown-wrong-to-call-gillian-duffy-a-bigot-says-ed-miliband_n_1688426.html
  • Options
    UKIPSam thinks a postie and their family shouldnt potter round a farmers market on Sunday morning, and spend their time getting angry about foreigners whilst reading the Express instead.

voice of the people
  • Options

BobaFett said:

Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Ed Miliband disagrees

Gordon Brown 'Wrong' To Call Gillian Duffy A Bigot, Says Ed Miliband

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/gordon-brown-wrong-to-call-gillian-duffy-a-bigot-says-ed-miliband_n_1688426.html
    I don't agree with Ed Miliband.

The woman was a bigot then, probably still is.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Get over yourself, I said people who overpay at farmers markets are wallies, not all North Londoners. My family are North Londoners you mug
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I'm alright! I just linked to the article because it is an example of what people mean when use "North London" as a stereotype.

As I keep saying, i used to live there myself and me and my mates have been known to be pretentious farmers market types too.

Haha this is great, tag team labour defenders of Chelsea tractor organic hamburger in a focaccia!!!

So are your farmers market days over now?
  • Options
    Feck me, you'll all be claiming you use gravel to wipe yer arses and own whippets next.
    PB reminds me why I'm so lucky to live far away from that there London.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

UKIPSam thinks a postie and their family shouldnt potter round a farmers market on Sunday morning, and spend their time getting angry about foreigners whilst reading the Express instead.

voice of the people

Haha! yeah posties on 20k a year with families pay £6 for locally resourced pulled pork burgers do they? Brilliant, so out of touch, thank god I'm never voting labour again
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Feck me, you'll all be claiming you use gravel to wipe yer arses and own whippets next.

As a Yorkshireman, you were lucky to have gravel to wipe your arses.

We were so poor, we couldn't afford food, so we hadn't nothing to poop out
  • Options
    Neil said:

Trolling is for the daytime - not for the evening, we're all meant to be too tired to bother with that stuff when it gets late.

Mike is the undisputed master of morning trolling of PBers.

He simply posts up a boundaries, Red Liberals or Ukip Are Crap thread and his work is done for the next 12 hours.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I just love "hard working North Londoners". As much as I love the idea that ordinary people buy muddy carrots at farmers markets at three times what they cost in Lidl, where I buy them. This is exactly why ed thinks his weekly fruit and veg bill is 70 or 80 pounds.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

So are your farmers market days over now?
    Not necessarily, I just accept that they're a bit pretentious,... but we all have out moments, no one likes inverse snobbery

The whole point was to give an example of why people use "North London" as an insult. Not something I have ever done because at the risk of repeating myself, I used to live there, I like it, my grandparents are from there, I support arsenal etc etc etc

But you were in the front foot to defend it at all costs, even though the insult was not from me
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Get over yourself, I said people who overpay at farmers markets are wallies, not all North Londoners. My family are North Londoners you mug
    Now now, calm down. You were the only being antagonistic.

I just came on to pick up the YouGov numbers to find you giving it the big one.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

I just love "hard working North Londoners". As much as I love the idea that ordinary people buy muddy carrots at farmers markets at three times what they cost in Lidl, where I buy them. This is exactly why ed thinks his weekly fruit and veg bill is 70 or 80 pounds.
    Shhh Hugh and Bob think that's where working class people go for the weekend shop
  • Options
    @Isam

Now now, calm down. You were the one being antagonistic.

I just came on to pick up the YouGov numbers to find you giving it the big one.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    isam said:

Hugh said:

voice of the people

Haha! yeah posties on 20k a year with families pay £6 for locally resourced pulled pork burgers do they? Brilliant, so out of touch, thank god I'm never voting labour again
    And almost all foreigners die shortly after birth because of not having the NHS.

Remind me, were there farmers markets in the Olympics opening ceremony?

• Options

As far as I know, there are markets all over the country - hardly exclusively a London thing
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    edited July 2014
    kle4 said:

Doncaster definitely has the more interesting recent history, but current trends suggest a boring outcome. Windsor seems like a LD worst case scenario, as it seems they haven't even bothered putting up any candidate this time.

Lib Dems have not fielded a candidate in Clewer North since 2003 , I believe there is a local arrangement with the Independents . Having checked it appears LDs contest Clewer East and Soutn wards but leave North to the Indies .
  • Options

Nowhere near London pal.

Did give your comrades a few beeps the other week, saw some locals bringing them ice lollies as it was a hot day on the picket, all heart warming stuff and good luck.
  • Options

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

Churchill was wrong.
    Churchill and Lloyd George in some ways very similar characters (and nicknamed the terrible twins when Chuchill worked under LG on the People's Budget).
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

"Where I buy them"

Oh look, check out his credentials!
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

voice of the people

And almost all foreigners die shortly after birth because of not having the NHS.

We have now truly entered the twilight zone, the realms of the surreal
  • Options

kle4 said:

Lib Dems have not fielded a candidate in Clewer North since 2003 , I believe there is a local arrangement with the Independents
    Perhaps I jumped to assuming the worse then, but then I am souring on the LDs these days, which probably explains that.
  • Options
    isam said:

Ishmael_X said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Shhh Hugh and Bob think that's where working class people go for the weekend shop
    Do you consider yourself to be working class?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,314
    BobaFett said:

As far as I know, there are markets all over the country - hardly exclusively a London thing
    very funny. All over the country there are markets selling local stuff. In London there are "farmers markets" selling volunteer pulled pork baps and stupidly named burgers for £8 a pop. And not to postmen either.

Seriously have you been to Borough market? You can get every type of cheese and olive and artisan bolleaux but search in vain for a bowl of cauli at a pound.
  • Options
    corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

corporeal said:

Ishmael_X said:

MikeK said:

To leave well alone ?

Churchill was wrong.
    Churchill and Lloyd George in some ways very similar characters (and nicknamed the terrible twins when Chuchill worked under LG on the People's Budget).
    Can't imagine DLG wanting to gas the Kurds though
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

voice of the people

We have now truly entered the twilight zone, the realms of the surreal
    No, it's true about the foreigners. Hugh said so.

• Options
    Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

voice of the people

Like ScottP, you never have an opinion of your own.

But you managed a whole post without trolling a non-Tory before reverting to troll, so well done you!

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Ishmael_X said:

Don't be silly - without the frivolous suggestions, the dead serious and passionate absurdities of most of our views would look out of place.
  • Options
    @Hugh

Some laughable stuff tonight.

Bonkers PB Paleo Tories and delusional angry Kippers who fantasise that they are working class conflating day to day shops with a weekend leisure activity.

Christ only knows what passes for leisure in their houses, perhaps it is banned, maybe they can enlighten us?
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Ishmael_X said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

Good question. He certainly claims to speak for us,

Isam? Answer the question?
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

voice of the people

But you managed a whole post without trolling a non-Tory before reverting to troll, so well done you!

Exposing ludicrous misinformation as ludicrous misinformation, is not trolling. If you don't like it, try thinking and researching a bit before applying digit to keyboard.

And my opinions are my own. Yours are a misunderstood rehash of something tim said the year before last.

No offence.

• Options
    TOPPING said:

BobaFett said:

very funny. All over the country there are markets selling local stuff. In London there are "farmers markets" selling volunteer pulled pork baps and stupidly named burgers for £8 a pop. And not to postmen either.

Seriously have you been to Borough market? You can get every type of cheese and olive and artisan bolleaux but search in vain for a bowl of cauli at a pound.
    Been there a couple of times. Great for bizarre deli ingredients but as you say seriously lacking when it comes to basics. My local market is once every four weeks and does great burgers for £4. It also carries loads of poultry and game from the surrounding county for reasonable prices.

Really can't see where all this venom comes from. Not sure why Sam hates some people so much.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Ishmael_X said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

How do you define it? I would have thought so

I am happy to meet you face to face or you can look me up on social media
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

@Hugh

Bonkers PB Paleo Tories and delusional angry Kippers who fantasise that they are working class conflating day to day shops with a weekend leisure activity.

Christ only knows what passes for leisure in their houses, perhaps it is banned, maybe they can enlighten us?

They really seem to think that working people spend their time waddling around Poundland swearing at immigrants. It's so snobby and pathetic its laughable.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,969
    BobaFett said:

@Hugh

PB Paleo Tories? I'm sure the intersection of PB Tory and palaeontologist is quite small. ;)
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

BobaFett said:

Incredible stuff... True colours shown for no real reason
  • Options
    Hugh said:

BobaFett said:

@Hugh

They really seem to think that working people spend their time waddling around Poundland swearing at immigrants. It's so snobby and pathetic its laughable.
    Projecting grant fearnly whittling stall, no ones said anything of the sort
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Ishmael_X said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

isam said:

FPT

How do you define it? I would have thought so

I am happy to meet you face to face or you can look me up on social media
    I'm sure you are a decent bloke - just having a bad night.

Isn't your dad a teacher and you run a electricians' company? If you are working class then so I am because I'm from a working class background. We'd probably have a lot more in common than you think but yet you sneer tonight for reasons known only to yourself.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Hugh said:

Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Hugh said:

voice of the people

Exposing ludicrous misinformation as ludicrous misinformation, is not trolling. If you don't like it, try thinking and researching a bit before applying digit to keyboard.

And my opinions are my own. Yours are a misunderstood rehash of something tim said the year before last.

No offence.

No offence taken.

I've rarely seen you post an on-topic comment or opinion, I've only ever seen you attack non-Tory posters for their opinion. Which, of course, is pathetic trolling.

No offence.
  • Options
    RobD said:

BobaFett said:

@Hugh

PB Paleo Tories? I'm sure the intersection of PB Tory and palaeontologist is quite small. ;)
    The bare bones of a point were there.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BobaFett said:

TOPPING said:

BobaFett said:

Been there a couple of times. Great for bizarre deli ingredients but as you say seriously lacking when it comes to basics. My local market is once every four weeks and does great burgers for £4. It also carries loads of poultry and game from the surrounding county for reasonable prices.

Really can't see where all this venom comes from. Not sure why Sam hates some people so much.
    You are trolling now, you must be half cut

I never said anything nasty about anyone let alone hate. I admitted I've been to these places I just acknowledge they're pretentious

But I don't hide behind an alias, I will meet you face to face and you can judge for yourself. Or are you on Facebook, or twitter?
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591
    Spare a thought for the Trinidad and Tobago womens hockey team beaten 16-0 by South Africa today. Meanwhile this was amusing:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/commonwealth-games/28460144

Glad the Scots are doing well, Alex Salmond has had a good day today - hope it continues!
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,325
    RobD said:

BobaFett said:

@Hugh

Pre-Cambrian or Cambrian (Welsh!) :)
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

TOPPING said:

BobaFett said:

You are trolling now, you must be half cut

I never said anything nasty about anyone let alone hate. I admitted I've been to these places I just acknowledge they're pretentious

But I don't hide behind an alias, I will meet you face to face and you can judge for yourself. Or are you on Facebook, or twitter?
    Theyre fun. Same goes for posh meals, days out, whatever.

Working people enjoy stuff too you know. Ask some of your workers,
  • Options
    hunchmanhunchman Posts: 2,591

RobD said:

BobaFett said:

@Hugh

Pre-Cambrian or Cambrian (Welsh!) :)
    A dying breed quite literally I would have thought Sunil!
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @Sunil_Prasannan
    Pre Cam brain?
  • Options
    PugufPuguf Posts: 1
    Hi Harry, Like your detailed analysis of the council by-elections, but can you use a spellchecker on your content: it's is a contraction of "it is", its (no apostrophe) implies possession, so it's "its name", "its domination" and "its connections".
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,325
    Last Saturday I passed a farmer's market in South Kensington (Bute Street) on the way from the station to the Butterfly House outside the National History Museum.
  • Options
    @Isam

If you dish out personal insults like calling people mugs, you have to be prepared to take it back.

Whatever, I am happy to drop it. I don't need to meet you to know you are a good guy, that's obvious.

Some of us, sadly, don't have the privilege of being able to go public.
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    The apostrophe police have arrived!
    (welcome Puguf)
This discussion has been closed.