Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tories drop 5 and UKIP up 3 in this week’s Ashcroft nationa

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,022
    Hugh said:

JackW said:

Latest ARSE 2015 General Election Projection Countdown

12 hours 12 minutes 12 seconds

Oh my sides. This joke never wears thin.
    How would you know, you only joined 6 days ago.... *titter*
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

Ed Miliband really did say "I'm going to the White House because I want to be prime minister of Britain in less than 10 months". Genuinely

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

"Ed, are you going to the White House to discuss the serious international situation"? "Nah. I just want to be PM".

• Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Hugh said:

JackW said:

You think its an old joke.

Those who follow my ARSE of old ensure their bank balance never wears thin.

• Options
    HughHugh Posts: 955
    JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Surprisingly your ever-changing predictions are always better for the Tories than the consensus. Can't think why.

Always hilarious though, that countdown thing you do, lol! Do it again!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    JackW said:

ARSE and BJESUS form the proverbial buns of the sandwich that is PB seat predictions:

http://goo.gl/h6wlj9
  • Options
    Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Surprisingly your ever-changing predictions are always better for the Tories than the consensus. Can't think why.

I can't help feeling that with you posting here tonight that some village is missing its idiot.

• Options
    England wicketkeeper Matt Prior stands down from Test cricket for the rest of the summer due to injury
  • Options
    SeanT said:

OK that's the last time I blog about Israel/Palestine, at least for a while.

Hatred in stereo.

Are you pissing everyone off?!
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    SeanT said:

Hatred in stereo.

Perhaps Mr Blair can offer you some advice?
  • Options
    JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

I can't help feeling that with you posting here tonight that some village is missing its idiot.

Careful, PBMODERATOR warned me the other night for calling someone an idiot.

(When Socrates said that the UK spends £350billion a year on teaching English to immigrants)
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    mh17 flight path

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh17/#3d6095b

does appear to cross the area along the eastern border where Ukraine forces are supposed to be cut off (assuming map is roughly correct)

http://s30.postimg.org/z7io0x8ap/Br1o_P4_ACIAE5_Xd_G.jpg

also some posts here

http://www.politicsforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=155374&start=5540

which seem to be talking about these Ukraine army units that are apparently cut off

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

These polls are clearly completely meaningless.

Shouldn't the UKIP colour be a sort of greyish-beige?

It will soon be blue as it replaces the pale lilac immitation that is the current Tory party
    Thanks to UKIP, everything will soon be Euro-blue with gold stars on it. Exit not an option....
    Telling someone that the best way to get something they want is to vote for a party committed to the opposite may not be the easiest sell in the world.
    UKIP are looking like a classic example of cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I have a vague memory that the Tories used that poster in the past (Scottish devolution maybe?) but couldn't find it with a quick google
    The arrogance of Tories who think they deserve votes from people they have scorned or ignored for years. If you want UKIP support then change your policies. Otherwise you deserve to lose.
    What a strange response.

The Tories don't "deserve" votes as of right from anyone. - they need to convince them to lend them their support.

But it's quite simple: a vote for UKIP will, in most cases, reduce the chance of a Tory-led government after 2015. Assuming that a UKIP majority government is not a plausible outcome then a vote for UKIP will reduce the chance of a referendum on EU membership in the next Parliament.

If may be, of course, that EU membership is not the primary reason to vote UKIP. If that is the case, then the above logic, will not impact voting intention
    Tory arrogance shining through, thinking Kippers are stupid or Tories on holiday.

Blue on blue though, carry on, what a delight!
    I didn't say Kippers are stupid, or the Tories are on holiday. I don't understand their logic, which suggest that they don't care about policy outcomes (vs bashing Cameron) or that they don't particularly highly weight the EU as a driver of voting.
  • Options
    Charles said:

Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

It will soon be blue as it replaces the pale lilac immitation that is the current Tory party
    Thanks to UKIP, everything will soon be Euro-blue with gold stars on it. Exit not an option....
    Telling someone that the best way to get something they want is to vote for a party committed to the opposite may not be the easiest sell in the world.
    UKIP are looking like a classic example of cutting off their nose to spite their face.

I have a vague memory that the Tories used that poster in the past (Scottish devolution maybe?) but couldn't find it with a quick google
    The arrogance of Tories who think they deserve votes from people they have scorned or ignored for years. If you want UKIP support then change your policies. Otherwise you deserve to lose.
    What a strange response.

The Tories don't "deserve" votes as of right from anyone. - they need to convince them to lend them their support.

But it's quite simple: a vote for UKIP will, in most cases, reduce the chance of a Tory-led government after 2015. Assuming that a UKIP majority government is not a plausible outcome then a vote for UKIP will reduce the chance of a referendum on EU membership in the next Parliament.

If may be, of course, that EU membership is not the primary reason to vote UKIP. If that is the case, then the above logic, will not impact voting intention
    Tory arrogance shining through, thinking Kippers are stupid or Tories on holiday.

I didn't say Kippers are stupid, or the Tories are on holiday. I don't understand their logic, which suggest that they don't care about policy outcomes (vs bashing Cameron) or that they don't particularly highly weight the EU as a driver of voting.
    We know from polling that Kippers aren't primarily motivated by Europe.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    FalseFlag said:

The causes of the financial crisis are multiple:

Clinton era deregulation, abolition of Glass Steagall etc.

The 1977 Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) which George Bush jumped on to win Hispanic votes but only ensured the 'minority mortgage meltdown' or subprime crisis.

Those countries that ran unsustainable public spending and failed to curb financial sector excess through regulation or interest rates (Greece, Ireland, Iceland and Labour's Britain).

Interesting. Bush was not nresponsible for the CRA - and even the man who introduced it, Carter, was not responsible for later mismanagement. That prize goes to the Clinton Administration. How come you blame Bush - is he the republican version of Thatcher for Democrats?
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,214
    kle4 The election will be determined by Tory-UKIP defectors. If all those who voted Tory in 2010 do so again they will almost certainly be largest party thanks to the 10-15% of 2010 LDs who are now voting for Cameron. So even if not one voter presently supporting Labour switches
    to the LDs or Tories, Labour may not necessarily win most votes
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,043
    edited July 2014

isam said:

The problem with that nick, is the reason you think that way is because you are left wing and not religious. Strictly religious people do see things in terms of division between right and wrong, that's where the paradox lies; the empathy, if it exists, which I doubt, is one sided

A strict belief in anything is dangerous IMO. My point is that not many people are half as strict as you might think from their appearance etc. or indeed as they think they are.You probably shouldn't try to second-guess me on whether my friends are empathetic because it doesn't fit your ideas. One might think that you had excessively strict beliefs yourself. :-)
    How do you know how strict peoples beliefs are any better than I do?

People like Roy Jenkins and Lord Lester, founders of multiculturalism, are on record as saying that it didn't occur to them that people that came to the UK wouldn't share the laissez faire secularist approach to religion and belief

What are you getting at with the strange last line there? My strict beliefs on what?
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800

England wicketkeeper Matt Prior stands down from Test cricket for the rest of the summer due to injury

Jumped before he was pushed more like.

Bring in Read or Foster, let them captain the team and remove the burden from Cook.
  • Options
    Hugh said:

Charles said:

Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

What a strange response.

We know from polling that Kippers aren't primarily motivated by Europe.
    What do you think they are motivated by?
  • Options
    Charles said:

Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

What a strange response.

The logic is they vote for what they believe in, it's called having principles.
  • Options

Bring in Read or Foster, let them captain the team and remove the burden from Cook.
    I thought exactly that. No need for big upheaval, let Cook just bat.

Jordan for stokes maybe, and that'll do,
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,519
    Charles said:

Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

What a strange response.

It's quite simple, Charles. The Kippers (say they) don't give a tuppenny toss about GE2015; their aim is to get rid of Cam whom they see as insufficiently Kipperish and replace him with someone more amenable to their views.

Quite what this looks like policy-wise or even personality-wise I'm not 100% sure.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

What a strange response.

This seems to me to be a silly unjustified comment. The original remarks by Charles are very sensible.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Another old joke! Don't be an Arse Jack.
  • Options
    @Tyke

Is Ed expecting an April election?
  • Options
    Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

(When Socrates said that the UK spends £350billion a year on teaching English to immigrants)
    I'm afraid any PBer that contravenes the evidence of the veracity of my ARSE is by definition an idiot.

I'm used to dealing with flat earthers like you and frankly you're void of practical use. When I noted a decade back that IDS was tending to the barking as a contender for PM I was heavily attacked by Tories here. The same extended in 2005 with Michael Howard.

Strangely LibDems were not enamoured of me when I said Charles Kennedy had let the party down as a lazy drunk and Ming Campbell couldn't carry the party to a general election.

Labour partisans abused me for contending Gordon would never be returned as PM in 2010 and the fact that a hung parliament loomed. Now they also rage that I say Ed is doomed.

In all these cases I was correct and the reputation of my ARSE is unsurpassed.

• Options
    Topping The nightmare scenario for many would be Ed Miliband becomes PM and Liam Fox or Owen Patterson becomes leader of the opposition, perhaps the only circumstances which would allow for a LD revival
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,661
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Hatred in stereo.

I've got Zionists accusing me of being an apologist for Islamism and pro-Palestinians accusing me of being blinkered to Israeli crimes.

Guess I must have got it just about right, then. However it's probably not worth the hassle.
    Only if 'right' is merely a triangulation of two opposing views.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

The problem with that nick, is the reason you think that way is because you are left wing and not religious. Strictly religious people do see things in terms of division between right and wrong, that's where the paradox lies; the empathy, if it exists, which I doubt, is one sided

A strict belief in anything is dangerous IMO. My point is that not many people are half as strict as you might think from their appearance etc. or indeed as they think they are.You probably shouldn't try to second-guess me on whether my friends are empathetic because it doesn't fit your ideas. One might think that you had excessively strict beliefs yourself. :-)

People like Roy Jenkins and Lord Lester, founders of multiculturalism, are on record as saying that it didn't occur to them that people that came to the UK wouldn't share the laissez faire secularist approach to religion and belief

What are you getting at with the strange last line there? My strict beliefs on what?
    Nick is quite good at those throwaway lines; if I had the time or could be bothered I would find a couple as examples; one about Nicky Morgan just now I seem to remember, and another about a Kipper policy on the NHS.

Other people might call them slurs; I wouldn't possibly.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Looks like Yellow/Green crossover might come sooner than Red/Blue crossover!
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Another old joke! Don't be an Arse Jack.
    The old ones are the best. As in people as in humour.

JackW is 109 ....

That's a golden oldie too ....

• Options
    isam said:

Effing depressing day at Lord's, seeing us blown away like schoolboys to a bit of naughty bowling from India. All credit to our opponents - men against boys.

I like Stokes but sadly he cannot continue given his recent batting record, which reads like a display on a doughnut stall.

Cook has to lose the captaincy and Foster deserves a go with the gloves. I suspect that the ECB may go for Buttler though due to the modern theory that the keeper has to be a batter.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,911
    Pulpstar said:

All the polls are consistent with a Labour lead of ~ 4%

Agreed which results in.............
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

EMICIPM?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

isam said:

isam said:

Nick is quite good at those throwaway lines; if I had the time or could be bothered I would find a couple as examples; one about Nicky Morgan just now I seem to remember, and another about a Kipper policy on the NHS.

I would, the closer we get to the election the more we see of his true character
  • Options
    JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

I'm afraid any PBer that contravenes the evidence of the veracity of my ARSE is by definition an idiot.

I'm used to dealing with flat earthers like you and frankly you're void of practical use. When I noted a decade back that IDS was tending to the barking as a contender for PM I was heavily attacked by Tories here. The same extended in 2005 with Michael Howard.

Strangely LibDems were not enamoured of me when I said Charles Kennedy had let the party down as a lazy drunk and Ming Campbell couldn't carry the party to a general election.

Labour partisans abused me for contending Gordon would never be returned as PM in 2010 and the fact that a hung parliament loomed. Now they also rage that I say Ed is doomed.

I think most Labourites were quite clear that Brown had no chance in 2010 Jack.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

TOPPING said:

isam said:

isam said:

I would, the closer we get to the election the more we see of his true character
    It's a shame - I don't know whether it's because he fears that a Lab high-up is watching what he posts or whether he thinks he is being clever in generating or propagating a new narrative or whether it is (just) a character weakness.

He is (usually) an admirably sensible PB contributor, not to say PPC I'm sure, so there really is no need for it.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380

>How do you know how strict peoples beliefs are any better than I do?<

Er, because you were discussing my friends who I've known for a decade, and I don't think you know them at all?

I was teasing you (hence the smiley) for being sceptical that I had empathetic friends with strict beliefs. Since you don't know them, you must have a strict belief that people with strict beliefs are never empathetic. No?

• Options
    JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

2015 trickiest one yet though.

What I dont get is that your latest ARSE had Tories only a few seats more than LAB. Why are you so certain Ed will never be PM, Your ARSE is close to EICIPM so why such certainty. Obviously you could make significant money at odds against Tories most seats.

Presumably you are backing that position?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Freggles Ashcroft has tweeted Greens now at 6/1 to overtake the LDs next year and force them into 5th
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

Effing depressing day at Lord's, seeing us blown away like schoolboys to a bit of naughty bowling from India. All credit to our opponents - men against boys.

I like Stokes but sadly he cannot continue given his recent batting record, which reads like a display on a doughnut stall.

Cook has to lose the captaincy and Foster deserves a go with the gloves. I suspect that the ECB may go for Buttler though due to the modern theory that the keeper has to be a batter.
    I really like Stokes too and have high hopes for him, but his batting has been abysmal this summer. I think he is a better bowler that Jordan though and with Ali at six then Stokes at eight is OK, he will come good with the bat soon. Botham reckons Broad might be carrying an injury, might be a good time to give him a rest.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

EMICIPM?
    Possibly I haven't checked!!
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

Ed Miliband really did say "I'm going to the White House because I want to be prime minister of Britain in less than 10 months". Genuinely

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

"Ed, are you going to the White House to discuss the serious international situation"? "Nah. I just want to be PM".

If ARSE is wrong and we get PM Milliband .... god help us.
  • Options

>How do you know how strict peoples beliefs are any better than I do?<

Er, because you were discussing my friends who I've known for a decade, and I don't think you know them at all?

I was teasing you (hence the smiley) for being sceptical that I had empathetic friends with strict beliefs. Since you don't know them, you must have a strict belief that people with strict beliefs are never empathetic. No?

Obviously I don't know your friends personally, but we are talking in broad terms here, and it seems to me thât people with strict religious beliefs are more likely to be dogmatic than cultural relativists.

• Options
    BobaFett said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Really Bob .... you should have been around here ploughing through the Labour drivel in the year before the election.

It gave Comedy Central a run for its money ....

• Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,688
    JackW said:

BobaFett said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Really Bob .... you should have been around here ploughing through the Labour drivel in the year before the election.

I think the high point was in 2007, when even Labour ministers thought Gordon Brown would win an increased majority.

'Shortly there will be an election, in which Labour will increase its majority'

http://www.newstatesman.com/blogs/conference/2007/09/labour-majority-increase
  • Options
    JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

I am sure quite a few of us are watching your ARSE with great interest.

Off to get my coat...........
  • Options
    The Times :

"Tony Blair hit back at claims that he has become a member of Britain’s super-rich yesterday by insisting that he is actually worth less than £20 million.
    The former prime minister said he was not motivated by money and that suggestions his wealth had reached £100 million were “greatly exaggerated”.

That's alright then.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,661
    It looks like Russia is fighting back against the accusations.

Military aircraft DID escort MH-17

Plane DID change its course inexplicably

Ukraine had BUK systems deployed in the area -why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSpeo5RcQQo#t=145

This is potentially explosive (unless you read the UK press, which probably won't even cover it).
  • Options

JackW said:

BobaFett said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

I think the high point was in 2007, when even Labour ministers thought Gordon Brown would win an increased majority.

Now wheres that link from the Indy in 2000 saying there'll be no more snow at all in the UK!
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    Charles said:

Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

What a strange response.

You miss the obvious which is that we will only vote for a party which wishes us to leave the EU. Anything else is a false hope. Why should we vote for a man who will do absolutely everything in his power to make sure that the one thing we want above all else will never happen?
  • Options

BobaFett said:

isam said:

I really like Stokes too and have high hopes for him, but his batting has been abysmal this summer. I think he is a better bowler that Jordan though and with Ali at six then Stokes at eight is OK, he will come good with the bat soon. Botham reckons Broad might be carrying an injury, might be a good time to give him a rest.
    A wildcard choice might be to let Root skipper the side. Graeme Smith skippered the Saffers at a similarly tender age.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,087
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Hatred in stereo.

I've got Zionists accusing me of being an apologist for Islamism and pro-Palestinians accusing me of being blinkered to Israeli crimes.

Guess I must have got it just about right, then.
    I thought so, although that is, I'm told, rarely a good indication.
    HYUFD said:

kle4 The election will be determined by Tory-UKIP defectors. If all those who voted Tory in 2010 do so again they will almost certainly be largest party thanks to the 10-15% of 2010 LDs who are now voting for Cameron. So even if not one voter presently supporting Labour switches to the LDs or Tories, Labour may not necessarily win most votes

Is there any circumstance whereby all those who voted Tory in 2010 would do so again? A tough ask.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Steven Finn will come back at some point... Maybe for Broad if he is injured.

I think Finn has the potential to be our most dangerous bowler.

Give Foster a chance for three tests, he's probably the best keeper we have had for the last decade

I bumped into him in faces gants hill last year and asked him why he didn't appeal when he caught Steve Waugh inAustralia... Lack of belief cos no one else went up and he was about 20 odd... If only...
  • Options

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

Did he take a Selfie with Obama. Thank God Dave isn't so shallow LOL
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,087

Charles said:

Hugh said:

Charles said:

Charles said:

The arrogance
    What a strange response.

You miss the obvious which is that we will only vote for a party which wishes us to leave the EU. Anything else is a false hope. Why should we vote for a man who will do absolutely everything in his power to make sure that the one thing we want above all else will never happen?
    You mean UKippers have not been swayed by the vague hints from periphery Tory figures that Cameron might, in the fullness of time and should the moons be right, even have to eventually campaign for out if the super serious negotiations - which we are assured will do the job - do not get us what we want? I guess you just cannot please some people.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

isam said:

isam said:

It's a shame - I don't know whether it's because he fears that a Lab high-up is watching what he posts or whether he thinks he is being clever in generating or propagating a new narrative or whether it is (just) a character weakness.

He is (usually) an admirably sensible PB contributor, not to say PPC I'm sure, so there really is no need for it.
    I agree, however having seen a couple of his posts earlier in the year I can't believe he is an ex/prospective MP.

After the pension changes in the Budget he made it clear he had no understanding of how pensions work. This may seem trivial to him but it matters hugely to his prospective constituents.

Then he posted something about how his Aunt was complaining her personal details were given out by the DVLA and questioned how that could be, yet he was part if the government that voted for it.

He has also said he has no particular love of this country and in fact seems to prefer Scandinavia, so Nick why exactly are you standing once again?

What difference do you think you can make to the lives of the everyday man in Broxtowe? What good do you think you can do? Or are you actually standing for your own ego?
  • Options

JackW said:

BobaFett said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Whereas in 2015 either myself or JackW will be seriously wrong.

We will see who. Interesting 10 months
  • Options
    Sun Politics @Sun_Politics · 26s

YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by four points: CON 34, LAB 38, LD 9, UKIP 11
  • Options

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

What I dont get is that your latest ARSE had Tories only a few seats more than LAB. Why are you so certain Ed will never be PM, Your ARSE is close to EICIPM so why such certainty. Obviously you could make significant money at odds against Tories most seats.

Not so.

The last ARSE on 8th July was Con 307 Lab - 282

The other factor I think you ignore is that ARSE is a projection for May 2015 and not one for the present as other projections follow.

The certainty is simple. So far my model has correctly noted a number of indicators that help to make up the analysis. On that basis no projection has then found a Labour lead in seats or on the current situation is it likely to.

• Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    edited July 2014
    I see Ed M has met Obama.

Is this wise I ask you? Did he smell him on camera?

twitter.com/Jamin2g/status/491306610577641472/photo/1
  • Options

JackW said:

BobaFett said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

As Mike said last week, the polling is going to be volatile for the next 3 months.

And in the last parliament, the Tories lead started slipping from January 2010 onwards.
  • Options
    Tonights YG LAB 347 CON 259 LD 18 Other 26 (ukpr)

ED is crap is PM
  • Options
    YG 4pt lead consistent with position since March
  • Options

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

Dan Hodges @DPJHodges

Did he take a Selfie with Obama. Thank God Dave isn't so shallow LOL
    Wasn't it the Danish PM who asked for the selfie ?(Related to the kinnocks) shallow is when your popularity as a leader is p1$$ poor and you think a talk and a photo with Obama will help and you think it matters -lol up against world events,like missing a very important commons statement,just imagine if that was Cameron -lol

;-)

• Options
    BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

A wildcard choice might be to let Root skipper the side. Graeme Smith skippered the Saffers at a similarly tender age.
    I've been saying exactly the same thing, and five is a good place to skipper the side from. Being out in the field when the last wicket have put on 100 must be depressing and then you have to come out and bet two overs later. I've also quoted Smith as an example, that didn't work out too badly!
  • Options
    edited July 2014

YG 4pt lead consistent with position since March

snip.. I was looking at 2013!
  • Options
    One for Scrapheap and Southam

Telegraph Football ‏@TeleFootball

Tottenham eye £25m Antoine Griezmann as successor to Gareth Bale - @Matt_Law_DT reports http://fw.to/6dSzjNY
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @Tykejohnno

I missed the statement as well.
    What has Dave decided to do? Have another meeting?
  • Options
    ooooh

Neil Henderson ‏@hendopolis 25s

Some of the papers will be at 2230, as there is a special embargo in place #tomorrowspaperstoday
  • Options
    JackW said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

Not so.

The other factor I think you ignore is that ARSE is a projection for May 2015 and not one for the present as other projections follow.

The certainty is simple. So far my model has correctly noted a number of indicators that help to make up the analysis. On that basis no projection has then found a Labour lead in seats or on the current situation is it likely to.

Yes so if 13 seats go LAB instead of Tory. Your projection has moved to Ed in recent ARSES has it not?
  • Options

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

I've been saying exactly the same thing, and five is a good place to skipper the side from. Being out in the field when the last wicket have put on 100 must be depressing and then you have to come out and bet two overs later. I've also quoted Smith as an example, that didn't work out too badly!
    Let the guy grow with the side. Could be an interesting move...
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@Tykejohnno

I missed the statement as well.
    What has Dave decided to do? Have another meeting?

So did shallow ed,you both in same boat then - lol
  • Options

JackW said:

BobaFett said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Yeah so you keep saying.

I'm sure you'll get over your disappointment by early 2016 ....

• Options
    @TheScreamingEagles

Pregnant Princess?
  • Options
    I don't even think Ed had to chase POTUS into the kitchen

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/10981593/Ed-Miliband-meets-Barack-Obama-at-the-White-House.html

Ed really wants to stay in the EU, just like the Americans want.

"Mr Miliband promised Mr Obama that a Labour government would stand "unambiguously" for Britain to remain in Europe amid growing fears in the White House that the UK could leave the EU"

""I'm going to the White House because I want to be prime minister of Britain in less than 10 months. It's incredibly important, and I think this is what the British people would want, to have a prime minister who works closely with the US," Mr Miliband said before the meeting."

Yes Ed, slavishly follow America just like god old Tony, what could go wrong?

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,048
    BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

Jimmy Anderson?
  • Options
    @Tykejohnno
    Not me, I am a Pragmatic Communist. but posturing is about all anyone in Europe can do.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28408037
  • Options

ooooh

Some of the papers will be at 2230, as there is a special embargo in place #tomorrowspaperstoday

Apparently (according to Twitter) Sky broke it.... not sure what it is though
  • Options
    More on shallow ed - lol

Christian Guy @ChristianGuy_

Ed Miliband may come to regret missing House of Commons debate about #Gaza & #MH17 for a trip to Washington. Free hit for David Cameron

• Options
    RobD said:

ooooh

The word embargo makes me break out in cold sweats.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    edited July 2014
    isam said:

Obviously I don't know your friends personally, but we are talking in broad terms here...

Not in your original post, if you look at it - you expressed scepticism about the specific friends I was talking about. That's why I was teasing you, and it was genuinely meant to be a joke. Let's move on?

In reply to Nigel - briefly, I mostly think we'd be a happier society if we were in a number of respects more like Scandinavia. I don't think constituents would be surprised to hear it's what I think. They haven't found a UKIP candidate yet - perhaps you'd like to have a go and we can see what people in the constituency prefer?

• Options
    edited July 2014
    Ed looking 'presidential' in Washington tonight in front of the Lincoln Memorial on BBC news, with Ed, Obama and Hollande in charge next year Putin and ISIS will be quaking in their boots!
  • Options

RobD said:

ooooh

Looks like it might be a pic of the Royal Baby.. not too exciting.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

ooooh

Oh
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

ooooh

Oh
    But then twitter could be lying to me.
  • Options
    valleyboyvalleyboy Posts: 605
    According to twitter Prior is standing down
  • Options
    edited July 2014

JackW said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Hugh said:

JackW said:

Not so.

Yes so if 13 seats go LAB instead of Tory. Your projection has moved to Ed in recent ARSES has it not?
    Clearly so.

The moves have been at the margin. A notable feature of my ARSE projection has been the stability of the numbers within a narrow range. However this shouldn't be too much of a surprise as the factors within the projection have so far been correctly forecast.

.................................................................................

Clearly so.

The moves have been at the margin. A notable feature of my ARSE projection has been the stability of the numbers within a narrow range. However this shouldn't be too much of a surprise as the factors within the projection have so far been correctly forecast.
  • Options

isam said:

Obviously I don't know your friends personally, but we are talking in broad terms here...

Not in your original post, if you look at it - you expressed scepticism about the specific friends I was talking about. That's why I was teasing you, and it was genuinely meant to be a joke. Let's move on?

In reply to Nigel - briefly, I mostly think we'd be a happier society if we were in a number of respects more like Scandinavia. I don't think constituents would be surprised to hear it's what I think. They haven't found a UKIP candidate yet - perhaps you'd like to have a go and we can see what people in the constituency prefer?

I would love to but I think UKIP have enough candidates with an, Erm, colourful past.

Thanks for the reply though, I appreciate it.
  • Options

RobD said:

ooooh

Pictures of babies bring you out in cold sweats for me its the monthly ICM
  • Options

RobD said:

ooooh

Have Tottenham just paid £30m for him?
  • Options
    @bigjohnowls

Clearly so.

• Options

RobD said:

ooooh

It's when I occasionally edit the site, we get the odd embargoed poll before it is published.

And I'm always scared I'm going to suffer from premature posting, and post the thread before the embargo ends.
  • Options

RobD said:

ooooh

It's when I occasionally edit the site, we get the odd embargoed poll before it is published.

And I'm always scared I'm going to suffer from premature posting, and post the thread before the embargo ends.
    Do you ever get the daily You Gov before 21.55 Sun Politics tweet TSE?
  • Options
    Paywall - Dominic Grieve may have just given Ed Miliband a load of ammunition

David Cameron risks comparisons with President Putin of Russia if he presses ahead with “foolish” plans to give MPs a veto over human rights court rulings, the man whom he dismissed as attorney-general says in a speech to be given today (tuesday)
  • Options
    If it is war with Russia, I am horrified!
    I need more time to kiss my arse goodbye :-)
  • Options

RobD said:

ooooh

Have Tottenham just paid £30m for him?
    Seems like a lot of cash for a recently retired England wicketkeeper ?!?

• Options

It looks like Russia is fighting back against the accusations.

Military aircraft DID escort MH-17

Plane DID change its course inexplicably

Ukraine had BUK systems deployed in the area -why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSpeo5RcQQo#t=145

This is potentially explosive (unless you read the UK press, which probably won't even cover it).

Actually it's on the front page of the Independent website!
  • Options

RobD said:

ooooh

Do you ever get the daily You Gov before 21.55 Sun Politics tweet TSE?
    Nope.
This discussion has been closed.