Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Good IndyRef poll for YES, LAB moves to 7% YouGov lead whil

13»

Comments

• Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,034
    MrJones said:

If it was shot down accidentally then the question bounces back to why it was flying over an area that had seen three (IIRC) Ukraine military planes shot down in recent weeks.

It was in a zone that shouldn't have been flown in - Malaysian Airlines have blood on their hands.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724

Mr. Flashman (deceased), reminds me of live F1 being interrupted, on the radio, for synchronised diving.

One of R5's finest moments. I was WTF when Allan Green started attempting to describe it - must have been Beijing?

I can get golf on the radio - but a synchronised diving competition?
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Pulpstar said:

MrJones said:

If it was shot down accidentally then the question bounces back to why it was flying over an area that had seen three (IIRC) Ukraine military planes shot down in recent weeks.

It was in a zone that shouldn't have been flown in - Malaysian Airlines have blood on their hands.
    Starting to make more sense.

• Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Smarmeron said:

Anyone wondering why neither Russia or America have a "fix" on the missile launch?
    Seems to make a nonsense of NORAD and the Ruski equivalent?

option 1) neither have a fix
    option 2) they both do but neither are sure there's a good way to spin it
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Smarmeron said:

Anyone wondering why neither Russia or America have a "fix" on the missile launch?

I think NORAD was for ICBM launches - not the same thing.

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,030
    Miss Plato, I think it was last year, though could be wrong.

It was practically a satirical swipe at the BBC's stupidity over F1 and general poor decision making. Only it actually happened, as opposed to being a sketch.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    MrJones said:

So accidentally shot down by the separatists thinking it was another Antonov - unless people think they shot down a civilian air liner deliberately - or deliberately by the other side (as the separatists don't have any planes to shoot down IIRC).

(It would be good to know what height the downed Ukrainian military planes were flying as if it was a lot lower than the air liner that might explain air liners still being allowed to fly over that area.)

I believe that at least one Ukraine aircraft was on approach to land.

• Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @perdix
    They can back track the flight of a mortar bomb. I feel sure the have much the same in place on a larger scale for missiles. They have no problem saying where and when the North Koreans do a launch?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,714
    Huzzah.

Silvio's convictions and the bar on him holding elected office have been overturned.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

JackW said:

Actually those numbers would likely indicate a continuance of the present Coalition with a formal majority of 16 but of course somewhat higher with the absence of SF and also an element of less formal support from the Unionists.

Difficult but another 5 years a distinct probability.

Whilst that might be the logical outcome, and one favoured by the leadership of both parties, I'm not sure the appetite for a new coalition can be relied upon either amongst Conservative MPs (who this time will get a vote, not a fait accompli as last time), or amongst the wider LibDem Party, who would also have to approve any deal.

On the hypothesis of 304 Con seats, they might try to wing it having done some kind of deal with the DUP. It's not an outcome which I view with equanimity: it would be very high-risk and likely to collapse into recriminations and instability.
    Conservatives and LibDems need to reflect on all the wonder of Opposition and all the power it doesn't bring.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Pulpstar said:

Would like a decent partnership now so I can lay England odds on again ^_~

Just 56 to avoid the follow on..
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

Huzzah.

Silvio's convictions and the bar on him holding elected office have been overturned.

Not so much "Huzzah" as :

Bunga Bunga

• Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Owen Paterson continues to emerge as an outside leadership contender for the Tory sweep stakes taking place next year.He has the backing of Lord Lawson,which must also mean Exxon Mobile,the Koch Bros. etc..He is ideally placed to be the Tory tea-party candidate.If he gets the backing of Fox News-good for hunting reports- and its' proprietor he could be in business.
    This is a man to be feared.He said he would not be silenced and he meant what he said.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10975822/Owen-Paterson-to-give-climate-sceptic-groups-keynote-address.html
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

Owen Paterson continues to emerge as an outside leadership contender for the Tory sweep stakes taking place next year.He has the backing of Lord Lawson,which must also mean Exxon Mobile,the Koch Bros. etc..

You missed out the Bilderberg Lizards.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Smarmeron said:

@perdix
    They can back track the flight of a mortar bomb. I feel sure the have much the same in place on a larger scale for missiles. They have no problem saying where and when the North Koreans do a launch?

Comrade, modern militaries can indeed track the flight of a single mortar bomb back to it launch point and do it jolly quickly too. However, only if they have the right bit of kit looking in the right direction at the right time. Spotting the unexpected launch of a surface to air missile is a wholly different cauldron of octopus. Do the great powers have the ability to do it? Probably, if they were looking in the right direction at the right time with a satellite equipped with right sort of sensor. What are the chances of that given the limited number of satellites and the number of areas of interest? What is for sure is that some people's expectations of what modern military technology can do owns more to Tom Clancy novels than real life.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,060
    Thank goodness for last night's YouGov....

Phew, it's all alright.....
  • Options

Miss Plato, I think it was last year, though could be wrong.

It was practically a satirical swipe at the BBC's stupidity over F1 and general poor decision making. Only it actually happened, as opposed to being a sketch.

They're clearly very keen on radio commentary re synchronised swimming in that case - it was definitely an Olympics when I heard them do it - and it was too long ago for London.
  • Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191

If you use pollsters other than YouGov, the trend is a bit more clearer

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2/icm

or Ipsos-Mori

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2/mori

Economic optimism rises, Labour's share of the vote falls, Tories up a bit.

Precisely, and in fact the YouGov polls tell exactly the same story once the daily noise is averaged out...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/74et9rnah5eau8u/YouGov_180714.jpg

• Options
    perdix said:

Smarmeron said:

Makes a change from tracking Santa...

• Options

Thank goodness for last night's YouGov....

Phew, it's all alright.....

Absolutely, it's a great week to be a Labour supporter.

1) The Gold Standard has the Tories ahead

2) Populus has a tie

3) A Poll shows the Indyref being closer than anticipated

The reason Labour supporters are being so relaxed, they have the t shirt that says

"Keep Calm and Remember Ed Miliband is our leader"
  • Options
    Gadfly said:

If you use pollsters other than YouGov, the trend is a bit more clearer

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2/icm

or Ipsos-Mori

http://ukpollingreport.co.uk/voting-intention-2/mori

Economic optimism rises, Labour's share of the vote falls, Tories up a bit.

Precisely, and in fact the YouGov polls tell exactly the same story once the daily noise is averaged out...

http://www.mediafire.com/view/74et9rnah5eau8u/YouGov_180714.jpg

It's almost like Labour supporters have forgotten they were consistently in the 40s
  • Options
    GadflyGadfly Posts: 1,191
    Plato said:

perdix said:

Smarmeron said:

Makes a change from tracking Santa...

:-)
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Huzzah.

We need a thread on this as it's all change, or will be in Italy.

No sooner do I say it and voila, a new thread appears!!!
This discussion has been closed.