Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If Ladbroke punters have this right CON is heading for a wi

1235»

Comments

• Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    BobaFett said:

saddened said:

AndyJS said:

Overcrowded jails told to take more prisoners. Terrible. It'll probably mean more riots:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27836961

Not sure why I should feel sorry for people who volunteer to serve a prison sentence. If you don't want to live in overcrowded conditions don't volunteer to do so by stealing from or assaulting your fellow citizens.

Except for the fact that poor prison conditions probably reduce rehabilitation and lead to reoffending. Prison is about removing people's freedom - not driving them into the abyss.
    Don't commit crimes, don't go to prison, don't require rehabilitation. It's not a difficult concept to grasp.
  • Options
    Eh_ehm_a_ehEh_ehm_a_eh Posts: 552
    Wonder which game will bring us the first turgid 0-0 in the competition?
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,289
    edited June 2014
    Always have supported England, Wales, N Ireland, and of course not forgetting our neighbours Ireland in big tournaments. The only time I don't, is when they are up against the Scots in football or Rugby. Its incredible sad that the only time the issue of supporting other UK nations at big tournaments makes the news, is because of particular negative or nasty stories about those that don't. I have seen far more positive examples of the opposite being the case personally.
    BobaFett said:

@Fitalass

Good for you, supporting England. Hopefully they will take inspiration from the Dutch that running at defenders can break down dull Mediterranean walls.

• Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,919
    MrJones said:

saddened said:

AndyJS said:

Overcrowded jails told to take more prisoners. Terrible. It'll probably mean more riots:

Not sure why I should feel sorry for people who volunteer to serve a prison sentence. If you don't want to live in overcrowded conditions don't volunteer to do so by stealing from or assaulting your fellow citizens.

more evidence the political class are not fit for purpose

I'm not sure Mr Saddened is of the 'political class'. I'm sure he'll let us know if he is. Why you should object to the rational and sensible though escapes me. Are you really suggesting that we should feel sorry for criminals?

Incidentally this 'fit for purpose' phrase is an abomination. Jack Straw brought it into popular use and it's been downhill from that lowly beginning ever since.

• Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    Omnium said:

MrJones said:

saddened said:

AndyJS said:

I'm not sure Mr Saddened is of the 'political class'. I'm sure he'll let us know if he is. Why you should object to the rational and sensible though escapes me. Are you really suggesting that we should feel sorry for criminals?

Incidentally this 'fit for purpose' phrase is an abomination. Jack Straw brought it into popular use and it's been downhill from that lowly beginning ever since.

hospitals, schools, houses, prisons
  • Options
    MrJones said:

Omnium said:

MrJones said:

saddened said:

AndyJS said:

Is this a word association test?
    If so, illness, kids, mortgage, thieves.
  • Options
    saddened said:

MrJones said:

Omnium said:

MrJones said:

saddened said:

AndyJS said:

"Is this a word association test?"

yes
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,955
    Socceroos dead and buried - I thought they were going score in the 2nd half.
  • Options
    MrJones said:

saddened said:

MrJones said:

Omnium said:

MrJones said:

saddened said:

AndyJS said:

yes
    My apologies, I'd forgotten it was a full moon.
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 4,017

Socceroos dead and buried - I thought they were going score in the 2nd half.

They didn't have much spring in their step ;)

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited June 2014
    Ref seemed to be a bit biased against the Aussies.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118
    Been in London tonight, and yesterday... Do I get a badge for mentioning it?
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Arise Dame Lara Croft.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,955
    AndyJS said:

Arise Dame Lara Croft.

Gong-Raider?
  • Options
    saddened said:

MrJones said:

saddened said:

MrJones said:

Omnium said:

MrJones said:

saddened said:

AndyJS said:

yes
    My apologies, I'd forgotten it was a full moon.

mass immigration
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    fitalass said:

No Richard, you scared of losing the arguments, and losing an In/Out Referendum in the near future. Utterly incredible to try to claim an In/Out EU referendum would be 'fixed' by Cameron or anyone else after both the AV referendum and now the Independence Referendum we are having up here in Scotland!
    But its utterly pathetic to then try to undermine Cameron by suggesting he is some how dishonest in his genuine offer of putting the decision of our continued EU membership to the British public in a Referendum! And simple because he opposes your position, and the public might end up agreeing with him rather than you!

TGOHF said:

TGOHF said:

We should keep on reminding Kippers of that Hannan article, for only this part

....Plus, obviously, he [Cameron] represents our one chance of a referendum on leaving the EU.

Well, quite. Hannan is that rare thing: a rational BOOer.
    And I wonder at what point Hannan will realise that Cameron will keep us in the EU no matter what. His position within the Tory party will become untenable before we reach referendum day.
    Well he is rational enough to see that Edonomics plus no referendum is significantly worse for the entire country than a Con govt and a referendum - so he won't be going anywhere as long as there is a referendum in the next parly.

Contrast with you - gagging to foist Ed on us for 5 years "for the greater good" - no thanks !
    Of course if I were gagging to foist Ed on you it would indeed only be for 5 years. You on the other hand are gagging to foist ever closer union with the EU on to the rest of us permanently.
    Why are you so scared of a referendum ?
    I am not scared of a fair referendum, I am scared of a fixed one, which is what Cameron is planning. Why are you so scared of a fair referendum?
    Yes I could not agree more. Its sad but possibly instructive to see these weasel complaints being invented out of thon air.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012

ToryJim said:

Interesting that the Honours list has been announced early, thought it wasn't released until midnight. Knighthoods for Daniel Day-Lewis, Bill Cash, Nicholas Soames and an honorary Damehood for Angelina with a posthumous MBE for Stephen Sutton,

Unconfirmed rumours that Mike Smithson is to receive an OGH...
    Order of the Good Host
    Our Great Hero
    OBE could = Occasional Betting Extravaganza
    There is let's not forget the well known Irish award, the CBE, Complete Betting 'Eeedjit
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,184
    AveryLP said:

RobD said:

TGOHF said:

S&P makes Osborne's weekend as it removes negative outlook to AAA rating http://t.co/VXx47WxYYY

Glorious yellow boxes incoming :')

GEORGE OSBORNE
    &
    THE UNITED KINGDOM

S&P S&P S&P
    S & P S & P S & P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P

Where's tim?
    Oh for a like button... *titters*
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

RobD said:

TGOHF said:

S&P makes Osborne's weekend as it removes negative outlook to AAA rating http://t.co/VXx47WxYYY

GEORGE OSBORNE
    &
    THE UNITED KINGDOM

S&P S&P S&P
    S & P S & P S & P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P

Where's tim?
  • Options
    Stuart_DicksonStuart_Dickson Posts: 3,557
    AveryLP said:

RobD said:

TGOHF said:

GEORGE OSBORNE
    &
    THE UNITED KINGDOM

S&P S&P S&P
    S & P S & P S & P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P

Where's tim?
    - "Where's tim?"

He was bullied off the site. Like many other outstanding posters.

Gloating is an activity for thugs.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

RobD said:

TGOHF said:

GEORGE OSBORNE
    &
    THE UNITED KINGDOM

S&P S&P S&P
    S & P S & P S & P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P

Where's tim?
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

RobD said:

TGOHF said:

GEORGE OSBORNE
    &
    THE UNITED KINGDOM

S&P S&P S&P
    S & P S & P S & P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P

Where's tim?
  • Options
    Stuart_DicksonStuart_Dickson Posts: 3,557
    AveryLP said:

RobD said:

TGOHF said:

GEORGE OSBORNE
    &
    THE UNITED KINGDOM

S&P S&P S&P
    S & P S & P S & P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P
    S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P S&P

Where's tim?
    - "Where's tim?"

He was bullied off the site. Like many other outstanding posters.

Gloating is an activity for thugs.
This discussion has been closed.