Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Betting on the May 22nd Euros continues to be miniscule com

Comments

• Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited April 2014
    Guy Fraser-Sampson ‏@GuyFSAuthor 2m

Cameron pledges an EU referendum - is that the second or third time?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/UK_opinion_polling_2010-2015.png

The whiff of panic which will get stronger the closer we get to the May elections as Eurosceptic tory MPs remember all the other times they were made to look like gullible fools.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    Blooming heck... PB is virtually unreadable this morning due to spamming and spats...
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,118

MikeK said:

Bill Etheridge ‏@milroy666 23h
    Ex nazi in the Labour Party ? http://m.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/former-nazi-wins-a-labour-council-seat-1-3826439

Now if this had been a UKIP councillor, the shrieks from the Labour party would have waken the dead. Who are the hypocrites now?

This post is nonsensical.

Why do you say that?

I agree with MikeK, and would say that if this had been a UKIP councillor it would be front page news and on all the tv news broadcasts. Do you disagree?
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    Populus uncooked (weighting adjustment)

Con 32 (+1)
    Lab 39 (-4)
    Lib 9 (+1)
    Kip 20 (-5)

I make no partisan point, just an FYI.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,876

Harry Ramsden's in Guiseley sadly closed in late 2011

Harry Ramsden's was on a roll a while back with branches all over the UK and beyond - I even went to one in Hong Kong - shame they lost their way.....

• Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,561

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

Good figures, slight miss on market expectations.

Hugh Pym: Services 0.9% up, manufacturing up 1,3%, construction up 0.3% in Q1 2014
    They have almost certainly got the construction figures wrong yet again. This has been a major problem with their first estimates for as long as I can remember. Since it is only about 10% of the economy the effect on the economy figure as a whole is not huge but it does affect the complexion and perception of how the economy is doing.

When you look at the industry data there is no question that construction is in a huge upswing at the moment, not just with housebuilding but commercial construction as well.

None of these observations are triggered by me having forecast 0.9% of course.

• Options
    isam said:

MikeK said:

Ex nazi in the Labour Party ? http://m.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/former-nazi-wins-a-labour-council-seat-1-3826439

Now if this had been a UKIP councillor, the shrieks from the Labour party would have waken the dead. Who are the hypocrites now?

Why do you say that?

I agree with MikeK, and would say that if this had been a UKIP councillor it would be front page news and on all the tv news broadcasts. Do you disagree?
    Good morning @Isam - did you note the down weighting on KIP with Populus? I remember your asking me about this last week...
  • Options
    MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP
    The Sun's coverage today is false and defamatory: What I said was that people are entitled to their personal preferences. Anyone disagree?

Anyone who reads that thinking Helmer is advocating homophobia is just playing out their own projections of UKIP. He obviously isn't.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    TGOHF said:

Big Yin says stay in

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10793473/Billy-Connolly-the-day-I-learnt-I-had-cancer-and-Parkinsons-disease.html

"In the interview, Connolly also addressed the subject of Scottish independence, saying: “You must remember that the Union saved Scotland. Scotland was bankrupt and the English opened us up to their American and Canadian markets, from which we just flowered.

“And I dislike patriots. I’m deeply suspicious of patriotism. It’s paved with fools.”"

Yeah righto. Stick to telling jokes about Ken Bigley you unfunny prick
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,987
    isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

I do - for exactly the reasons given by JJ down thread. The woman concerned has been completely upfront both about what she did and about the regret she now has for having done it. UKIP candidates are not currently being exposed for views they held 30 years ago and have publicly repudiated, they are being exposed for views they hold currently. There is a big difference in my view.

• Options

Harry Ramsden's was on a roll a while back with branches all over the UK and beyond - I even went to one in Hong Kong - shame they lost their way.....

There simply isn't a market for an identikit chippie chain anymore. People are looking for more interesting options.
    A shame in some ways, as the fish and chips there were consistently good.
  • Options
    Pretty telling and conclusive evidence of what some of us have been saying for years about the continual destruction of the lib dem activist base. Calamity Clegg and his ostrich faction can keep trying to ignore it all they want but it self-evidently matters and it's going to matter hugely come the GE.

Joe Murphy ‏@JoeMurphyLondon 2h

Lib-Dems are fielding 13% fewer candidates in London - problem for Clegg as it hits his Euro-MP chances. http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/libdems-fearing-election-disaster-as-party-fails-to-fight-london-council-seats-9297142.html

Nick Clegg today faced growing fears of a Liberal Democrat drubbing in the May elections after his party failed to contest hundreds of London council seats.

In a significant retreat, the party is fielding almost 200 fewer candidates in the borough elections on May 22 than it did four years ago, when the same seats were last fought.

Experts said the drop, of more than 13 per cent, is further evidence that the Lib-Dems have been “hollowed out” by discontent and defections at grassroots level after four years in Coalition.

It is particularly serious because the European elections are being held on the same day.

Mr Clegg risks failing to get a London MEP elected if turnout in the proportional representation-based election is depressed because of a lack of council candidates. It follows claims that the Lib-Dems could lose most of their MEPs next month, with party president Tim Farron admitting there was a “price to pay” in government. Nationally, the decline in Lib-Dem candidates is equally alarming, with about 500 fewer standing in local elections compared with 2010.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Blooming heck... PB is virtually unreadable this morning due to spamming and spats...

I think the UK Political Editor Michael Settle's comment on Salmond's "gross error of judgment" may have something to do with it?

• Options
    Matt Baker ‏@Mattjbaker01 1h
    Just been on @bbcbreakfast with Eddie Shorrock, a brave man whose story deserves to be told #CyrilSmith
  • Options

I think PB Tories babbling and shrieking in a quite deranged manner about "gay bondage" may have something to do with it?
  • Options
    Daily Telegraph:
    "Louis van Gaal’s determination to appoint up to five coaches to his backroom staff at Manchester United is threatening to pave the way for Real Madrid’s Carlo Ancelotti to become the front-runner for the manager’s job at Old Trafford."

In the betting markets for the Man Utd Manager's job, van Gaal is on offer at 1/5, whereas Ancelotti can be backed at 25/1 with Corals, etc.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

Good figures, but figures is what they are. The Tories need more people feeling the recovery and expecting that they will benefit from it.

Last week when I was in the US and Canada scouting conference venues for some of our future events, the hotel people were saying they have literally never been busier: 95% - 100% occupancy virtually every day this year. Corporate America is spending very big again. But ordinary people are just not seeing it. And the US has been in growth mode for a number of years now. This is the problem facing all governments - how to get corporate leaders to share their increasing profits.
  • Options
    Me and my friend Vlad: Cameron relaxes with macho Putin as British security services agree to work with Russians

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2323072/Me-friend-Vlad-Cameron-relaxes-macho-Putin-British-security-services-agree-work-Russians.html

*chortle*

• Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP
    The Sun's coverage today is false and defamatory: What I said was that people are entitled to their personal preferences. Anyone disagree?

Anyone who reads that thinking Helmer is advocating homophobia is just playing out their own projections of UKIP. He obviously isn't.
    Is he going to sue the Sun? I expect they have a tape recording of what he said.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

It's a sobering or uplifting fact, depending on yr POV, that these GDP stats imply that, sometime in the next four to six weeks, the size of the UK economy will finally exceed its previous peak in 2008. Six years ago.

Yes but the indications are that the figures are going to be revised in September making the economy at least 2% bigger than it is officially recorded at at the moment so it has almost certainly already happened.

We are still quite a bit down on GDP per head though. I am doubtful we will exceed the peak (which was grossly inflated by the froth in the City and the output of the north sea) in that respect in this Parliament.

• Options

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

I do - for exactly the reasons given by JJ down thread. The woman concerned has been completely upfront both about what she did and about the regret she now has for having done it. UKIP candidates are not currently being exposed for views they held 30 years ago and have publicly repudiated, they are being exposed for views they hold currently. There is a big difference in my view.

I understand that and agree that it was a long time ago and she has shown remorse and there is a big difference etc

But I still think that if it were a UKIP councillor, with the same caveats you describe, it would be front page news, and on national tv

So I am not saying she should be hauled over coals, just that, if it were UKIP rather than Labour, that she would be
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,684
    Here's an interesting one - GDP growth since the end of the recession including oil and gas has been 6.7% (0.4% below the peak). Excluding oil and gas GVA growth was 7.9% (0.8% above the peak). Falling oil and gas output has wiped 1.2% off UK GDP since 2009.

If ever there was evidence that the government needs to get serious about fracking, this is it. Energy independence, a massive GDP boost and slightly lower prices await.
  • Options
    The Staggers ‏@TheStaggers 1h

Labour will not change EU referendum stance if Ukip win European elections, reveals @georgeeaton http://bit.ly/1lsl1OZ

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,413
    TGOHF said:

Big Yin says stay in

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10793473/Billy-Connolly-the-day-I-learnt-I-had-cancer-and-Parkinsons-disease.html

"In the interview, Connolly also addressed the subject of Scottish independence, saying: “You must remember that the Union saved Scotland. Scotland was bankrupt and the English opened us up to their American and Canadian markets, from which we just flowered.

“And I dislike patriots. I’m deeply suspicious of patriotism. It’s paved with fools.”"

Desperate Flashy resorting to lies now.

'He said: “I don’t have great belief in the Union of England and Scotland. But I have a great belief in the union of the human race.”

On the referendum, he said: “I’m not gonna say. It’s too important for people like me to put in their tuppenceworth.”

He added: “I’m really tired of people saying England won the war and calling Britain England. I think that does more harm… But you must remember that the Union saved Scotland. Scotland was bankrupt and the English opened us up to their American and Canadian markets, from which we just flowered.

“And I dislike patriots. I’m deeply suspicious of patriotism. People following the band, you know? I don’t want to be part of it… It’s paved with fools.”'

Still, there's hope for you yet if you have to misquote a Celtic supporter and agree that British patriots are fools.
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

Hugh Pym: Services 0.9% up, manufacturing up 1,3%, construction up 0.3% in Q1 2014
    Also worth noting the 1.1% decline in mining and quarrying and the 2.0% decline in electricity, gas, steam and air - the former is part of a long-term trend as North Sea output declines and the latter is due to the very mild start to the year.

As an aside it is amusing that, since Miliband's conference speech in September on energy prices, the Central England Temperature has been roughly 1.5C warmer than average, probably one of the warmer 8-month periods on record.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

Good morning @Isam - did you note the down weighting on KIP with Populus? I remember your asking me about this last week...
    I didn't note it. I can understand weightings on UKIP and also that the polling firms are struggling for accuracy given the sharp rise in support from a low base.. it must nause their models... bit strange they have to weight Labour, but I am not an expert on this kind of stuff
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,261

I've never understood the appeal of Harry Ramsden's. I've been to a few of their outlets, and their fish and chips have never been as good as elsewhere in the area. In fact, I had some of the worst fish and chips for some time in their Southampton branch.

Hype over substance?
  • Options
    @Isam
    -5 for Kip (-4 for Lab).

Uncooked the Kip score was 20...
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

I understand that and agree that it was a long time ago and she has shown remorse and there is a big difference etc

But I still think that if it were a UKIP councillor, with the same caveats you describe, it would be front page news, and on national tv

So I am not saying she should be hauled over coals, just that, if it were UKIP rather than Labour, that she would be
    It's entirely fair to bring up the past extreme political beliefs of present candidates. Among other things, it raises reasonable questions about their judgement.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Is he going to sue the Sun? I expect they have a tape recording of what he said.

I'll just text him and see...

Do you disagree that people are entitled to like and dislike whatever they want?
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,149
    isam said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

I don't think, and obviously I accept I could be wrong, that I've ever seen a UKIP councillor or whatever express such complete repudiation of, and regret for, such former views.

That, I think, is the difference.

And the holding of those views was a long, long time ago.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262
    edited April 2014
    Mick_Pork said:

Me and my friend Vlad: Cameron relaxes with macho Putin as British security services agree to work with Russians

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2323072/Me-friend-Vlad-Cameron-relaxes-macho-Putin-British-security-services-agree-work-Russians.html

*chortle*

An article from a year ago. Oh dear.

The Big Fib waited for the killing to begin, before he stuck his Vlad poster on the bedroom wall.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

Good figures, but figures is what they are. The Tories need more people feeling the recovery and expecting that they will benefit from it.

Last week when I was in the US and Canada scouting conference venues for some of our future events, the hotel people were saying they have literally never been busier: 95% - 100% occupancy virtually every day this year. Corporate America is spending very big again. But ordinary people are just not seeing it. And the US has been in growth mode for a number of years now. This is the problem facing all governments - how to get corporate leaders to share their increasing profits.
    Whilst I agree with that from a political perspective the economy of the country desperately needs to be rebalanced away from consumption to investment and exports. This requires the squeeze on consumption to continue for some time yet as even the squeeze on real wages in the last 6 years has not come close to addressing this problem.

Political pressures mean the absolute reduction will not be allowed to occcur this year but the growth will still largely be directed elsewhere. Whatever one thinks of the fat cats of industry this is unfortunately as necessary here as it was in the US.

• Options
    antifrank said:

isam said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

It's entirely fair to bring up the past extreme political beliefs of present candidates. Among other things, it raises reasonable questions about their judgement.
    Yeah that's what I am saying

Should be the same for all parties
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Manufacturing up 1.3%

Must be that huge housing bubble.

• Options

isam said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

I don't think, and obviously I accept I could be wrong, that I've ever seen a UKIP councillor or whatever express such complete repudiation of, and regret for, such former views.

UKIP councillors cease to be UKIP councillors once the views are revealed
  • Options
    SeanT said:

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

It's a sobering or uplifting fact, depending on yr POV, that these GDP stats imply that, sometime in the next four to six weeks, the size of the UK economy will finally exceed its previous peak in 2008. Six years ago.

Yes but the indications are that the figures are going to be revised in September making the economy at least 2% bigger than it is officially recorded at at the moment so it has almost certainly already happened.

We are still quite a bit down on GDP per head though. I am doubtful we will exceed the peak (which was grossly inflated by the froth in the City and the output of the north sea) in that respect in this Parliament.

Alternatively, in September the size of the UK economy will be revised down by 10% as Scotland departs.

Though that eventuality is perhaps a little less likely today following Salmond's bizarre speech in Bruges.
    If the fact that Salmond is a prat whose political skills have been grossly overrated was enough to stop the Yes campaign we would be home and hosed long since. Unfortunately it is not.

• Options
    BobaFett said:

@Isam
    -5 for Kip (-4 for Lab).

Uncooked the Kip score was 20...

If you take the responses for the first person asked it was at that time LD 100%, 0 the rest.

It's a scandal I tells ya.

• Options
    isam said:

Just been on @bbcbreakfast with Eddie Shorrock, a brave man whose story deserves to be told #CyrilSmith

Murun Buchstansangur ‏@murunbuch 3h

MP calls for full public inquiry into Cyril Smith and his "protectors at highest level of the Establishment" http://dailym.ai/S3qWQ2

Tantric Guru ‏@Bigchris_BRFC 1h

Nick Clegg rejects calls for a full inquiry, regarding 140 Police complaints against Lib Dem figurehead Sir Cyril Smith.

I just don't see this one going away any time soon nor does Clegg have a particularly impressive track record on lib dem investigations into past misdeeds.

• Options

I've never understood the appeal of Harry Ramsden's. I've been to a few of their outlets, and their fish and chips have never been as good as elsewhere in the area. In fact, I had some of the worst fish and chips for some time in their Southampton branch.

Hype over substance?

Branding only gets you so far. Over time you need to match the promise with the experience. HR's failed to do that. They thought they could carry on leveraging the equity in the name while cutting back on the quality of the product. It's a very British approach - chase the short-term profits and squeeze the cost-base remorselessly - and it really harms us.
  • Options
    Mark Pritchard ‏@MPritchardMP Apr 27

Tim Farron fails to rule out return of Lord Rennard - possibly working for Farron in the future? Certainly not working for Clegg!
  • Options
    isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Do you disagree that people are entitled to like and dislike whatever they want?
    The Sun's editorial is spot on. It won't be Mr Helmer who gets beaten up in a dark alley as a result of people being told that they can hate homosexuality. He's being incredibly irresponsible.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

SeanT said:

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

Alternatively, in September the size of the UK economy will be revised down by 10% as Scotland departs.

Though that eventuality is perhaps a little less likely today following Salmond's bizarre speech in Bruges.
    If the fact that Salmond is a prat whose political skills have been grossly overrated
    Simon McGill ‏@ArmleyWhite

#Cameron claims #BigSociety is the work of Jesus, as he calls himself 'Dyno-rod' http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/469706/David-Cameron-claims-Big-Society-is-the-work-of-Jesus-as-he-calls-himself-Dyno-rod … The man's a fu**ing idiot

*titters*
  • Options

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

As I've said plenty of times before, getting businesses to invest and spend their mountains of cash is going to be important, but there are signs that it is happening now where previously investment was in reverse. Part of the reason business lending has eased in the last few years is because a lot of corporates are sitting on walls of cash and actively reducing their leverage. That has begun to change as well now that businesses are confident the recovery is here to stay and is looking more and more balanced as time passes. Production growth was 1.3% vs services growth of 0.9% over the quarter. This time last year both production and construction were in reverse while services growth was powering ahead at 1% per quarter.

As for the politics, lower inflation and higher wage growth will deal with a lot of the current anxiety over how far the recovery has spread beyond the M25, and wages are rising. Again the latest figures show that the sector which has really held back on pay growth is banking and finance, the rest of the "normal" economy has had wage growth above 2% YoY vs inflation of 1.7% over the same period. In the recent YouGov all of the economic indicators moved towards the government, even on areas where Labour have been strong such as jobs and the cost of living. The effects of real terms wage rises are now being felt by a significant proportion of people, that will continue throughout the year if figures like these keep up.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

TGOHF said:

Big Yin says stay in

'He said: “I don’t have great belief in the Union of England and Scotland. But I have a great belief in the union of the human race.”

On the referendum, he said: “I’m not gonna say. It’s too important for people like me to put in their tuppenceworth.”

He added: “I’m really tired of people saying England won the war and calling Britain England. I think that does more harm… But you must remember that the Union saved Scotland. Scotland was bankrupt and the English opened us up to their American and Canadian markets, from which we just flowered.

“And I dislike patriots. I’m deeply suspicious of patriotism. People following the band, you know? I don’t want to be part of it… It’s paved with fools.”'

Still, there's hope for you yet if you have to misquote a Celtic supporter and agree that British patriots are fools.
    Connolly, probably the most popular Scotsman in the world,has stated very clearly that he despises bandwagon followers and "patriots" like you. You must be gutted.

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Tim Farron fails to rule out return of Lord Rennard - possibly working for Farron in the future? Certainly not working for Clegg!

Is he happy to lose the female LD voters?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

The Sun's editorial is spot on. It won't be Mr Helmer who gets beaten up in a dark alley as a result of people being told that they can hate homosexuality. He's being incredibly irresponsible.
    Ah cmon

You honestly think people inclined to do that kind of thing need oblique "permission" from Euro MPs? You are stretching the UKIP hate too thin, have a word about Cyril Smith instead
  • Options
    Did the mockney clickbaiter also predict doom for Farage after he made remarks about Putin?

Or was it an imaginary Swiss/American anecdote?

Gertcha! Mashed potatoes etc.
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    SeanT said:

At 200,000 a year that would be after importing 1.2 million extra people so we're actually going backwards.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

The US economy has recovered on the back of increased domestic oil and gas extraction and a consequent reduction in dependency on energy imports.

The exact opposite trend has occurred in the UK with oil and gas extraction falling substantially since 2010, as MaxPB notes a couple of posts downthread.

The UK has also been affected more than the US by the Eurozone crisis and its depressing of GDP growth on the continent. The EU accounts for 50% of UK exports.

All that said, it is even more remarkable and good news that the UK's economy has grown and is growing faster (or in some quarters at the same rate as that in the US). More than that it is growing faster than any of the G7 economies.

As for sharing the proceeds of growth, the familiar pattern of recovery from recession is being seen in the UK if at a slower rate than from previous downturns. Employment is at an all time peak, unemployment is falling rapidly, wages are now increasing at a faster rate than inflation, the tax rises needed to achieve full fiscal consolidation are complete and business investment growth is at a level not seen since before the mid-1990s.

It is no coincidence that Britons are buying more new cars per year than in any other G7 country. Confidence is high and getting higher by the month. Where else in the G7 would you rather be SO?

Time to start fracking in Leamington Spa methinks. Their residents brains have been addled in mineral water.
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

Is he happy to lose the female LD voters?
    You do know who was going to be in the frame for legal action if Rennard followed through? Here's a clue, it wasn't calamity Clegg.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Also I think it is worth noting that you are using The Sun as a moral guardian now when I am sure you would use their support as a stick to beat with if it suited you..

But here is Helmer's response to it...

"I was deeply shocked today by today’s report, and editorial piece, in the Sun. It claimed that I had said “It’s fine to despise gay people”, that “being gay is a mental health issue”, and that I had suggested that “homophobia is OK”. None of these propositions is true, or remotely relates to my views.

In the course of a short conversation, I simply made the point that people were entitled to their personal preferences. It is morally acceptable to prefer heterosexuality over homosexuality, or vice versa. Most of us prefer one or the other. "

http://rogerhelmermep.wordpress.com/2014/04/29/the-sun-false-and-defamatory/

• Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @CarlottaVance

'The First Minister said boats would not be allowed to fish in Scottish waters - or even pass through en route to Norwegian grounds - unless an independent Scotland joined the EU on favourable terms.'

SNP has now taken over as the official looney party,still Salmoan has got a lot of EU countries quacking in their boots.

Excellent comedy.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    New @YouGov EU voting intention by nation

E W S
    Lab 30 39 31
    Con 22 18 12
    Ukip 29 20 10
    Ld 11 7 7
    Nat - 11 33

'Nationality set to affect voting in EU elections'

http://tinyurl.com/n4uyjg5

Anyone care to bet on UKIP either getting 10% of vote, or even their first elected member in Scotland?
  • Options
    isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Ah cmon

You honestly think people inclined to do that kind of thing need oblique "permission" from Euro MPs? You are stretching the UKIP hate too thin, have a word about Cyril Smith instead
    The Lib Dems' past and present behaviour over Cyril Smith was and is disgraceful. The idea that no one in the present Parliamentary party had any idea about these allegations is an insult to the intelligence.

But you're utterly wrong about oblique permission. Why do politicians comment on matters of public acceptability if not to influence the public's attitudes?

It's OK though. We get it. UKIP has a problem with gays. He doesn't have to keep labouring the point.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

In a like-for-like comparison rUK wouldn't do too badly. I suspect per capita growth would be slightly better and overall would be significantly better because of falling oil and gas output and falling North Sea investment over the last five years. Additionally, that trend won't be reversed until the government get serious about fracking which is of little relevance to Scotland given that the largest basins are in England.
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited April 2014
    john_zims said:

@CarlottaVance

'The First Minister said boats would not be allowed to fish in Scottish waters - or even pass through en route to Norwegian grounds - unless an independent Scotland joined the EU on favourable terms.'

SNP has now taken over as the official looney party,still Salmoan has got a lot of EU countries quacking in their boots.

Excellent comedy.

I thought Salmond loved Norway above all other countries, now he's threatening to blockade it. What's up with Eck?

• Options
    antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Ah cmon

The Lib Dems' past and present behaviour over Cyril Smith was and is disgraceful. The idea that no one in the present Parliamentary party had any idea about these allegations is an insult to the intelligence.

But you're utterly wrong about oblique permission. Why do politicians comment on matters of public acceptability if not to influence the public's attitudes?

It's OK though. We get it. UKIP has a problem with gays. He doesn't have to keep labouring the point.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

TGOHF said:

Big Yin says stay in

Connolly, probably the most popular Scotsman in the world,has stated very clearly that he despises bandwagon followers and "patriots" like you. You must be gutted.

Bet?*

*The patented divvie Monica repellant

• Options
    David Cameron ‏@David_Cameron Apr 28

Tonight I'm calling supporters to discuss how only the Conservatives can deliver real change in Europe. Join me: https://registration.broadnet.us/registration/event_registration.php

Go well did it?

DeeGeeWallis ‏@DeeGeeWallis 53m

Cameron threatens to resign without 2017 EU vote http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/10794368/David-Cameron-threatens-to-resign-without-2017-EU-vote.html … Question: Are promises of resignation stronger than cast-iron?

That's that then. All sorted out and we'll hear no more about it from tory Eurosceptic MPs.

Or not.
  • Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    isam said:

The irony for Matt Baker and Simon Danczuk is that thier book has done good bringing this out in the open and personally they will have made a mint, however, the puppet they want installing as leader in Rochdale Council is about to get dragged into it all. Check who the leader of the council was when Knowl View was closed and which portfolios he had in the council previously. That is why Danczuk was furious when the police announced yesterday they where to investigate what the council at the time knew. He has also been attacking the QC looking at the councils handling of it.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

There is another difference. This 'lady' in Milton Keynes (and I'm not sure that lady is the correct term) is standing for election. She has put her past out there on the record. It is up to the good people in the constituency to vote for her or not. As I said below, she has repudiated her past.

If the people elect her knowing that, fair enough. It's different when something comes out and you're already holding a position.
  • Options
    "Maybe SNP supporters are bigger gamblers than UKIP ones? "

LD's are too scared to bet with Kippers, even at the best odds in the market!
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Big Yin says stay in

Bet?*

*The patented divvie Monica repellant

Fop chicken. ;)
  • Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    DavidL said:

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

They have almost certainly got the construction figures wrong yet again. This has been a major problem with their first estimates for as long as I can remember. Since it is only about 10% of the economy the effect on the economy figure as a whole is not huge but it does affect the complexion and perception of how the economy is doing.

When you look at the industry data there is no question that construction is in a huge upswing at the moment, not just with housebuilding but commercial construction as well.

The ONS raise a question mark over the Construction figures, noting that it was affected by the rain in January and February - since the initial estimate of growth relies more heavily on the data from the first two months one would expect the Construction figure to be revised up as more data from March is collected.

I would have thought this would be almost certain to increase the overall figure to 0.9%, and very probably to 1%, especially as the unrounded number is 0.83%. Mentally I always round these figures to the nearest half a percent anyway, because they're certainly no more accurate than that.
  • Options

john_zims said:

@CarlottaVance

Excellent comedy.

I thought Salmond loved Norway above all other countries, now he's threatening to blockade it. What's up with Eck?

He's losing the plot.

Time for his fellow Nats to dig into deep pockets with their short arms, and splash out on a gift.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0091906814
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Big Yin says stay in

The most popular Scotsman in the world?

That's an interesting idea - a bit like the classic "ten famous Belgians".

The most popular Scotsman in the world is surely either Sean Connery or Andy Stewart.

I was going to suggest Daniel Day Lewis and Bob Dylan as well, but I think DDL decided to be Irish rather than Scottish. Bob Dylan has probably been Scottish at some point, having been everything else.

In the event of a Yes vote, I think Salmond will become the most popular Scotsman in England pretty much overnight. Inshallah....
  • Options
    FutbolBible ‏@FutbolBible 13h
    Balotelli just uploaded this picture on his Instagram with the caption "We are all monkeys". #SayNoToRacism pic.twitter.com/XS0azNRWef
  • Options
    isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Ah cmon

If he thinks the piece is false and defamatory, he should sue. I bet he won't.
  • Options
    AveryLP said:

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

The US economy has recovered on the back of increased domestic oil and gas extraction and a consequent reduction in dependency on energy imports.

The exact opposite trend has occurred in the UK with oil and gas extraction falling substantially since 2010, as MaxPB notes a couple of posts downthread.

The UK has also been affected more than the US by the Eurozone crisis and its depressing of GDP growth on the continent. The EU accounts for 50% of UK exports.

All that said, it is even more remarkable and good news that the UK's economy has grown and is growing faster (or in some quarters at the same rate as that in the US). More than that it is growing faster than any of the G7 economies.

As for sharing the proceeds of growth, the familiar pattern of recovery from recession is being seen in the UK if at a slower rate than from previous downturns. Employment is at an all time peak, unemployment is falling rapidly, wages are now increasing at a faster rate than inflation, the tax rises needed to achieve full fiscal consolidation are complete and business investment growth is at a level not seen since before the mid-1990s.

It is no coincidence that Britons are buying more new cars per year than in any other G7 country. Confidence is high and getting higher by the month. Where else in the G7 would you rather be SO?

Time to start fracking in Leamington Spa methinks. Their residents brains have been addled in mineral water.

I like living here Avery! But if the Tories want to reap the rewards of the recovery they need to see it feeding through to more voters. That isn't happening at the moment. Record employment is excellent - but if you are self-employed because you have no other choice, are working part-time when you want to be full-time, are on a zero hours contract and so on, you are not going to be jumping for joy. That is the political reality.
  • Options

TGOHF said:

Big Yin says stay in

The most popular Scotsman in the world?

Johnnie Walker.

(Owned by the English, of course).

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Bit of obvious positioning and sharp elbows from Boris ahead of the EU elections.

The Sun Newsdesk ‏@SunNewsdesk 13h

Boris lashes out at David Cameron for 'not doing anything' about flood of EU immigrants: http://bit.ly/QRjfeX pic.twitter.com/TU7NxY7jl6

I somehow doubt he thinks May is going to be a triumph for Cammie and the Cameroons.
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

Why do you say that?

There is another difference. This 'lady' in Milton Keynes (and I'm not sure that lady is the correct term) is standing for election. She has put her past out there on the record. It is up to the good people in the constituency to vote for her or not. As I said below, she has repudiated her past.

If the people elect her knowing that, fair enough. It's different when something comes out and you're already holding a position.
    No no

If UKIP stood a person who they knew had previously held those views/served time/racially abused black people, it would be all over the National papers, rightly or wrongly.

...and I have no doubt the people defending Labour for putting her up for council, would be making snide remarks about UKIP if they did the same

Double standards
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Ah cmon

Tomorrow's Sun headline - UKIP MEP admits to driving recklessly.
  • Options

DavidL said:

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

The ONS raise a question mark over the Construction figures, noting that it was affected by the rain in January and February - since the initial estimate of growth relies more heavily on the data from the first two months one would expect the Construction figure to be revised up as more data from March is collected.

I would have thought this would be almost certain to increase the overall figure to 0.9%, and very probably to 1%, especially as the unrounded number is 0.83%. Mentally I always round these figures to the nearest half a percent anyway, because they're certainly no more accurate than that.
    Given that construction is only just over 10% of the economy a revisal upwards to 1.3% would raise the overall growth rate to 0.9%. That would do me fine.
  • Options
    Neil said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

antifrank said:

isam said:

MikeK said:

A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP

Ah cmon

Tomorrow's Sun headline - UKIP MEP admits to driving recklessly.
    haha its not a million to one!

:)
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

AveryLP said:

MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

I like living here Avery! But if the Tories want to reap the rewards of the recovery they need to see it feeding through to more voters. That isn't happening at the moment. Record employment is excellent - but if you are self-employed because you have no other choice, are working part-time when you want to be full-time, are on a zero hours contract and so on, you are not going to be jumping for joy. That is the political reality.
    Fair enough, Mr. Observer. Lets us accept your argument for the moment. What policies do you think HMG could introduce that would achieve those aims?
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

*shriek* You can't highlight PB Tory stupidity on PB from more than a day ago. *shriek*

ROFL

They don't like to take their medicine.
    Writes someone who only ever comments on other people's posts......

An entirely untrue, utterly delusional, post.

QED

If ever any post demonstrated the PB Tory tendency to conflate anecdote with empirical evidence, that is it, right there.
    you just don't understand what you are talking about. An anecdote is empirical evidence, it just often isn't as good as other kinds of empirical evidence. "My Granny ate arsenic and died" is empirical in that it is a statement about an event in the real world, and evidence in that it tends to support the belief that arsenic is bad for humans,

Perhaps leave it to Pork to point out the faults of the PB tories? It seems to be above your pay grade.
  • Options
    Trouble sleeping anyone?

Herman Van Rompuy ‏@euHvR 6m
    Today: launch of my new book "Europe in the storm", reflections on recent past and future of Europe. In NL, FR & EN. pic.twitter.com/5BEfISO11p
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited April 2014

I like living here Avery! But if the Tories want to reap the rewards of the recovery they need to see it feeding through to more voters. That isn't happening at the moment.

Both parts of that are false. Yes, it is happening at the moment, to a limited extent (just look at the consumer confidence figures), but, more importantly, it isn't a question of buying off voters with some Brown-like temporary bribe, it's about convincing them of the truth: that we are gradually recovering from a dire position, and that it would be foolish for voters to reinstall the party which got us into this mess back into government, and which has precisely nothing to say about the economy, just at the point when things are beginning to get back on track after all the hard work and sacrifice.

Of course, the message may not work; personally I think it will, and I have every hope that voters will correctly assess Ed Miliband as a feeble snake-oil salesman who's not even very good at selling, and who doesn't even seem to know what snake-oil he's offering. Voters are not fools.
  • Options

isam said:

The irony for Matt Baker and Simon Danczuk is that thier book has done good bringing this out in the open and personally they will have made a mint, however, the puppet they want installing as leader in Rochdale Council is about to get dragged into it all. Check who the leader of the council was when Knowl View was closed and which portfolios he had in the council previously. That is why Danczuk was furious when the police announced yesterday they where to investigate what the council at the time knew. He has also been attacking the QC looking at the councils handling of it.
    Bit of a huge can of worms isn't it?

Luckily the lib dems can always rely on the astute investigative skill and leadership of Clegg in trying times like these. Even so... if any leadership hopeful and/or disgruntled senior lib dem who "knows where all the bodies are buried" did want to cause trouble, after a disasterous May election result for the lib dems, this kind of thing could well get very messy indeed for Clegg.

Hmmmm.....

;)
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,149
    edited April 2014

isam said:

There's certainly something very odd about Danczuk quite savagely attacking his own Labour Council, especially when his wife is a member of it! It's also odd, as I and others have commented before, that Smith was a Labour councillor when appointed Chair of the Education Committee, a post he held for several years, yet Danczuk apparently refuses to accept Rochdale Labour's possible involvement.

Further, when Smith left Rochdale Labour Party there was a lot of nasty stuff flying about but nothing, IIRC, anywhere near this.
  • Options

I like living here Avery! But if the Tories want to reap the rewards of the recovery they need to see it feeding through to more voters. That isn't happening at the moment.

Both parts of that are false. Yes, it is happening at the moment, to a limited extent (just look at the consumer confidence figures), but, more importantly, it isn't a question of buying off voters with some Brown-like temporary bribe, it's about convincing them of the truth: that we are gradually recovering from a dire position, and that it would be foolish for voters to reinstall the party which got us into this mess back into government, and which has precisely nothing to say about the economy, just at the point when things are beginning to get back on track after all the hard work and sacrifice.

Of course, the message may not work; personally I think it will, and I have every hope that voters will correctly assess Ed Miliband as a feeble snake-oil salesman who's not even very good at selling, and who doesn't even seem to know what snake-oil he's offering. Voters are not fools.
    That was going really well until the last sentence. Given the governments of the last 40 years what evidence do you have to support that proposition?

• Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    DavidL said:

That was going really well until the last sentence. Given the governments of the last 40 years what evidence do you have to support that proposition?

Well, maybe I'm being too optimistic! Someone has to be!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    Can someone point me to the Sun editorial ?

I'm seeing the rebuttal without access to the original post/point !

I unsubscribed to the online edition as I can get everything in it on Mail Online anyway.

Or do you London types all live/work next door to a newsagent ?
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746

E W S
    Lab 30 39 31
    Con 22 18 12
    Ukip 29 20 10
    Ld 11 7 7
    Nat - 11 33

Anyone care to bet on UKIP either getting 10% of vote, or even their first elected member in Scotland?

I think the recent Wales poll must be from that. Fieldwork 11-22 April.

http://blogs.cardiff.ac.uk/electionsinwales/2014/04/24/a-new-voting-intention-poll-in-wales/
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

*shriek* You can't highlight PB Tory stupidity on PB from more than a day ago. *shriek*

ROFL

They don't like to take their medicine.
    Writes someone who only ever comments on other people's posts......

An entirely untrue, utterly delusional, post.

QED

If ever any post demonstrated the PB Tory tendency to conflate anecdote with empirical evidence, that is it, right there.
    you just don't understand what you are talking about. An anecdote is empirical evidence, it just often isn't as good as other kinds of empirical evidence. "My Granny ate arsenic and died" is empirical in that it is a statement about an event in the real world, and evidence in that it tends to support the belief that arsenic is bad for humans,

Perhaps leave it to Pork to point out the faults of the PB tories? It seems to be above your pay grade.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I unsubscribed to the online edition as I can get everything in it on Mail Online anyway.

Gertcha! Mashed potatoes etc. ;)

Matthew Hodson ‏@Matthew_Hodson 54m

Signs of the apocalypse: when you see a Sun editorial you agree with and think, 'I'm glad they said that': pic.twitter.com/9tHOWcHidi
  • Options
    @OblitusSumMe [& @DavidL]

Intuitively, you would expect the later revisions of GDP output to be higher than the first estimate which is based on limited output measurement only. Expenditure in Q1 has been high in the measures seen to date and investment appears to be growing at a spectacular rate: neither of these metrics will impact the first estimate.

Still the ONS are aware of the limitations and do try to compensate for them. See this comment on their estimate for March 2014 construction:

Monthly data for the construction industries are only available from January 2010.

The forecast for construction is calculated slightly differently to production and services due to the shorter time span of monthly turnover data. More weight is placed on early responses to the MBS for March. Responses from businesses were the starting point to inform the forecasts; this was then adjusted (using information collected in previous months) in recognition that these early responses from businesses tend to be lower than later responses. This approach led to an estimated 0.5% rise between February and March 2014.

The construction data for January and February 2014 used in the calculation of the Q1 2014 gross domestic product preliminary estimate are consistent with the data contained in the Construction Output, February 2014 release published on 11 April 2014.

Elsewhere in today's bulletin they note that early enquiries of construction companies for March show a rebound from floods affected February but not a full return to January output levels.

We also have to factor in the possibility of downward revisions to some figures. Manufacturing, for example, was revised down from a growth figure of 0.9% in Q4 2013 to 0.6%.

Without looking at the underlying figures it is difficult to guess which way the figures will go in later revisions. My gut feeling is that they will be notched up 0.1% once the expenditure method is applied to the calculations.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

twitter.com/Sun_Politics/status/461027589931687936/photo/1
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    OK Found it...

“It’s OK to have personal preferences” -> “It’s OK to despise gay people”

Bit of a leap !
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380

E W S
    Lab 30 39 31
    Con 22 18 12
    Ukip 29 20 10
    Ld 11 7 7
    Nat - 11 33

Anyone care to bet on UKIP either getting 10% pf vote, or even their first elected member in Scotland?

Seems plausible - they're on 10 in Scotland in the Westminster YG today. Not sure if there's a market up for that though.

Did anyone watch the EU presidential debate last night? The following site follows the wider EU elections across the continent.

http://europedecides.eu/eudebate2014/

Haven't had time to watch, but read a lengthy review in the Frankfurter Allgemeine, which is a German Times - conservative, pro-business but tries to have a reasonably neutral style. Summary:

- Impressive that all the candidates could debate in fluent English (it was broadcast with simul-interpretation in six languages but the English is the original.
    - General tone was more constructive and "cultivated" than the usual TV debates
    - The star in the reviewer's view was the Green candidate, who he thought astonishingly well-informed and young and enthusiastic. She obviously won't win but ought to get a Cabinet slot in his view.
    - Juncker (Christian Dem) was a mainstream business candidate, generally solid, unflappable and traditional in style, but seemed a bit grey and tired.
    - Schultz (Soc) was the idealist - a bit vague on details of his social Europe concept, but convincing when he argued that he wasn't a government stitchup (he's the president of the Parliament)
    - Verhofstaft (Lib) was innovative and "cool", the epitome of a modern manager type (he's the former Belgian PM). He won the voodoo online poll after the debate big time, with over 50%.

Tsipras of the Greek left was also invited but didn't turn up.

It's likely to be Juncker or Schultz in practice, probably depending on whether EPP or Socialists get more seats (current neck and neck in the polls with the EPP a nose in front); the Labour group has declined to endorse Schultz yet (wary of his vigorous Europhilia) but I'd think they'll come round in the end.

I know, lots of people here don't care. But if one thinks the EU decides a lot of our affairs these days, it'd be sensible to take an interest.

• Options
    @Antifrank

That's not true at all. The burden of proof is on the the plaintiff so there's no guarantee he'd win even if he had a case. As my lawyer uncle says: never go to court.

An absence of a writ does not equate to an absence of libel, as you should know, being a lawyer.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

No no

If UKIP stood a person who they knew had previously held those views/served time/racially abused black people, it would be all over the National papers, rightly or wrongly.

...and I have no doubt the people defending Labour for putting her up for council, would be making snide remarks about UKIP if they did the same

Double standards
    Well, I'd like to think that I wouldn't make snidey remarks if a UKIP candidate was in the same position. And I'm not defending Labour: I'm defending someone's right to stand for election in this situation. If anything, the local Labour party have probably been courageous in this (that's not quite the word I'm looking for, but you know what I mean), They haven;t taken an easy option.

You're starting to sound a little paranoid. We're not all out to get you.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    TGOHF said:

Pulpstar said:

Pulpstar said:

twitter.com/Sun_Politics/status/461027589931687936/photo/1
    countryboylife ‏@countryboylife 45m
    @Sun_Politics @seanpphillips Sun’s Political Editor Tom Newton Dunn, is the son of Bill Newton Dunn, the Lib-Dem MEP who may lose his seat

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Mick_Pork said:

Pulpstar said:

Gertcha! Mashed potatoes etc. ;)

Matthew Hodson ‏@Matthew_Hodson 54m

Signs of the apocalypse: when you see a Sun editorial you agree with and think, 'I'm glad they said that': pic.twitter.com/9tHOWcHidi

"William "Bill" Newton Dunn (born 3 October 1941 in Greywell, Hampshire) is a British politician. He is a Member of the European Parliament for the East Midlands for the Liberal Democrats.

He is married with two children, living in Navenby and West London. His son is Tom Newton Dunn, an award-winning journalist for The Sun newspaper. His daughter is Daisy Newton Dunn, a TV producer for the BBC."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Newton_Dunn
  • Options
    @TGOHF

I make no partisan point, the numbers were just FYI.

As I clearly state below.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

@Antifrank

That's not true at all. The burden of proof is on the the plaintiff so there's no guarantee he'd win even if he had a case. As my lawyer uncle says: never go to court.

An absence of a writ does not equate to an absence of libel, as you should know, being a lawyer.

The burden of proof in libel cases is to show that the defamatory statement has been made. Once proved, the newspaper has to justify the defamatory statement.

It's Mr Helmer who has used the word "defamatory". If he's going to use such words, he's going to have to follow through on them.

Though your lawyer uncle is spot on in his advice.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

OK Found it...

“It’s OK to have personal preferences” -> “It’s OK to despise gay people”

Bit of a leap !

Let's see.. it's under four weeks till the May elections and the CCHQ phones are no doubt ringing off the hook to the tory friendly papers and editors. Just like last May. So not really that big of a leap. Sadly for the Cameroons however it's likely to be just as pointless and counterproductive as last time. Amusing nonetheless to the see the Sun speak thusly.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    UKIP now seem to being having difficulties with apostrophes rather than asterisks.

Is any PB Kipper able to 'translate' the astericks in this little snippet from today's Times Diary?

twitter.com/George_Berridge/status/460711386709237760/photo/1
This discussion has been closed.