Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Betting on the May 22nd Euros continues to be miniscule com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,703
edited April 2014 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Betting on the May 22nd Euros continues to be miniscule compared with the IndyRef

There are all the other bookmakers but only the Betfair betting exchange provides the information so that you can get a picture of what is going on. I’ve little doubt that this represents the pattern elsewhere.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,787
    First!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    A question I'd like to put to Professors Rallings and Thrasher is to what extent the drop in the number of LD candidates will affect their national projected share. For example, if they don't stand in a ward where they've previously done relatively well over a number of years, is it assumed they would have polled as much as the lowest LD share in that particular council area when calculating the projection?
  • Options
    Salmond row over praise for Putin deepens
    Michael Settle
    UK Political Editor
    THE row over Alex Salmond's ­admiration for certain aspects of Vladimir Putin's leadership has intensified with senior politicians lining up to condemn the First Minister's "gross error of judgment".

He was called on to apologise to the people of Ukraine.

The condemnation, which ­overshadowed the SNP leader's keynote speech on Europe, coincided with ­publication by the UK Government of its latest referendum factsheet, showing how Scotland "can do more, reach further and aim higher on the international stage as part of the UK".
  • Options
    Salmond under fire over ban threat to EU fleets
    Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor
    ALEX Salmond has sailed into a fresh storm after stepping up his threat to ban EU fishing fleets from Scottish waters if his proposals for an independent Scotland's membership of the bloc were not accepted swiftly.
    The First Minister said boats would not be allowed to fish in Scottish waters - or even pass through en route to Norwegian grounds - unless an independent Scotland joined the EU on favourable terms.
  • Options
    The YouGov (Latest YouGov - Con 32%, Lab 37%, LD 10%, UKIP 15%) shows a jump in the internals on 'asylum and immigration' and 'Europe' for "other" - and given the way UKIP voters have voted, almost certainly UKIP:

Which party handle problem best : "Other" (Con)
    Asylum & Immigration: 22 +4 (23, -1)
    Europe: 21 +3 (19, +1)

Their disastrous "racist" poster campaign?
  • Options
    For London PB-ers - live map of Tube trains:

http://traintimes.org.uk/map/tube/
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    http://twitpic.com/e2drky

Yougov Cons now lead on unemployment

• Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    Good Morning Carlotta.
  • Options
    The Sun..

EXCL: Ukip MEP: Brits should be able to despise gays - just like they do tea: http://t.co/W5hFRWCvSd
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,290
    Did Cameron vote on HS2?
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    TGOHF said:

The Sun..

EXCL: Ukip MEP: Brits should be able to despise gays - just like they do tea: http://t.co/W5hFRWCvSd

And yet we keep being told that UKIP is unfairly being singled out by the media focussing on its fruitloops.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Without wishing to rain on Mr Montgomerie's parade, 29:28 is really a "tie", whereas 36:23 on "The economy in general" 30:25 on tax and 34:22 on Laura Norder, are clear Con leads as are 25:32 on Education and 24:36 on NHS for Lab.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    TGOHF said:

The Sun..

Does Mr Helmer live in a different country from the rest of us? One where there is a law against despising gays? Brian Coleman must be one of the most despised politicians in the country and he's a gay.
  • Options
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor
    ALEX Salmond has sailed into a fresh storm after stepping up his threat to ban EU fishing fleets from Scottish waters if his proposals for an independent Scotland's membership of the bloc were not accepted swiftly.
    The First Minister said boats would not be allowed to fish in Scottish waters - or even pass through en route to Norwegian grounds - unless an independent Scotland joined the EU on favourable terms.

I wonder what he'll use for a navy ?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

TGOHF said:

The Sun..

And yet we keep being told that UKIP is unfairly being singled out by the media focussing on its fruitloops.
    Pity this fruit loop is a former Tory.....

However the "Lenny Henry should live in a Black Country (sic)" candidate wasn't born in the UK.....instead comes from somewhere he might characterise as a "Black Country" himself:

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2014/04/28/ukip-s-lenny-henry-candidate-wasn-t-even-born-in-uk
  • Options
    antifrank said:

TGOHF said:

The Sun..

Roger Helmer is favourite to come first in the East Midlands. It'll be interesting to see whether this has any effect on that.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Did Cameron vote on HS2?

No he didn't turn up.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

TGOHF said:

The Sun..

The Sun have a pretty strong condemnation in their Sun Says editorial.
  • Options
    rogerhrogerh Posts: 282
    Re Local elections.Will be fascinating to hear from Thresher et al their projections of UKIP council seat gains.I'd be in the 500+ bracket.
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    edited April 2014
    rogerh said:

Re Local elections.Will be fascinating to hear from Thresher et al their projections of UKIP council seat gains.I'd be in the 500+ bracket.

Really? They gained far fewer last year on the back of an impressive national equivalent voteshare and with elections in far more favourable councils for them. It would also represent a remarkable proportion of their candidates getting elected.

• Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    On Topic:

Maybe people find the Referendum easier to read than the EU election which could have various outcomes - or are they just apathetic to the EU election as they cannot control its consequences, whilst the Referendum has much more potential relevance?
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,970

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

Presumably it's a given that the Royal Navy will be summoned and will be there as soon as it can be.

• Options
    Things must have changed slightly: UKIP are contesting Bloomsbury.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    An important development on the subject of general election debates:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27197694

Note Ed Miliband's and Nick Clegg's starting point.
  • Options

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

Presumably it's a given that the Royal Navy will be summoned and will be there as soon as it can be.

Salmond's already going to tell them where to build their warships, so instructing their deployment seems a logical step.....

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,005
    Good morning, everyone.

The above's due to a combination of proximity and interest. I'd be surprised if total referendum betting exceeded total General Election betting, in the end.

FPT: Mr. kle4, I always knew you had fine taste. To be honest, I hardly ever read webcomics, but that one was great. I used to enjoy Final Fantasy quite a lot, so even though I'd only gotten a very short way into the first (which hasn't aged well) I got most of the in-jokes.

Not sure Final Fantasy will last much longer. Apparently the next game's looking good, but up against The Witcher, The Elder Scrolls and Dragon Age it'd have to be a huge improvement from pretty linearity.
  • Options
    Camden MPs - Glenda Jackson is in favour of HS2, Frank Dobson against:

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/camden_s_mps_set_to_vote_on_hs2_bill_who_do_you_agree_with_1_3576307
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Really? I would expect about 50.

Are there any markets for this or would you like an on site wager? If so, what odds?
    rogerh said:

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Rest assured that he will not be getting my vote.

But it does show the calibre of UKIP MEPs.

AndyJS said:

antifrank said:

TGOHF said:

The Sun..

Roger Helmer is favourite to come first in the East Midlands. It'll be interesting to see whether this has any effect on that.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

2 days 'rapid response' from Portsmouth to NE Scotland? Nah, I don't think we'll bother; the Navy's Ipods shall remain in their possession.

• Options
    OblitusSumMeOblitusSumMe Posts: 9,143
    edited April 2014
    Update On Meaningless Placard Count

Labour 4 - 11 UKIP

This is in a very strong Labour ward in Exeter. It will be interesting to see what happens to the Tory vote in the local elections here.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    Neutral News ‏@neutralnews Mar 31

Putin row grows ahead of EU debate: Nick Clegg and Nigel Farage are at odds over Russia's role in world affairs... http://j.mp/1kjmPHB

Turned out well for Calamity Clegg and the shrieking imbeciles on here who thought it would be terrible for Farage, did it?

ROFL

Pilar Fernandez ‏@pilaraymara 11h

Cameron's plea to Putin: help me stop Salmond | Herald Scotland http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/home-news/camerons-plea-to-putin-help-me-stop-salmond.23138182 … vía @hsnewsbreak

Always remember the PB Golden Rule.

The PB tories are always wrong. The PB tories never learn.

:)
  • Options

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

2 days 'rapid response' from Portsmouth to NE Scotland? Nah, I don't think we'll bother; the Navy's Ipods shall remain in their possession.

If a witless calamity Clegg clone like SouthamObserver isn't in touch with scottish public opinion then who is?

*chortle*
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,618
    I would like there to be a public flogging of the RMT leadership and members who voted to strike.
  • Options
    Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB Apr 26

By-election opportunity for UKIP. S Times reporting that Newark MP Patrick Mercer is set to quit cash for questions scandal

Tick, tock. :)
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,061
    MaxPB said:

I would like there to be a public flogging of the RMT leadership and members who voted to strike.

They'd hole up in Central London so you couldn't reach them. ;-)
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    @Max
    Tube strike day is time for quiet reflection, from the comfort of another commuter's armpit.

Buses not too bad so far for me though.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mike Smithson ‏@MSmithsonPB Apr 26

By-election opportunity for UKIP. S Times reporting that Newark MP Patrick Mercer is set to quit cash for questions scandal

Tick, tock. :)

Your retweets aint too fresh.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

"When Pork is floundering he posts stories which are weeks, if not months, old."

• Options
    dr_spyn said:

Did Cameron vote on HS2?

Dig With It ‏@willsheaney 27m

Cameron not turning up for #HS2 vote is so cowardly. Presumably just to hide from personal criticism from unhappy, affected Tory heartland.

Fop Chicken. ;-)
  • Options
    *shriek* You can't highlight PB Tory stupidity on PB from more than a day ago. *shriek*

ROFL
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    A tweet by Helmer:

Roger Helmer
    @RogerHelmerMEP
    The Sun's coverage today is false and defamatory: What I said was that people are entitled to their personal preferences. Anyone disagree?
  • Options

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

2 days 'rapid response' from Portsmouth to NE Scotland?
    How long is it going to take to get to NE Scotland from the Clyde? At 14 knots?

• Options
    edited April 2014
    Anushka Asthana ‏@SkyAnushka 1h

It is threaten to resign day. The PM if he fails to get EU referendum. & Europe minister, David Lidington, over HS2 pic.twitter.com/pw3nFNx5eZ

Business for Britain ‏@forbritain 4m

.@David_Cameron: 'I would not be prime minister of a government unless we could carry out our pledge of an in-out referendum"

Another Cast Iron Pledge from the fop. What could possibly go wrong?
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

*shriek* ....... *shriek*

I thought we'd discussed your gay bondage fantasies being inappropriate for this board?
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

*shriek* You can't highlight PB Tory stupidity on PB from more than a day ago. *shriek*

ROFL

There seems to be a bizarre orthodoxy herein where reminding our Tory friends of their mistakes (poll shrieking, crossover ramping, getting political calls badly wrong) is frowned upon. They don't like to take their medicine.
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

"When Pork is floundering he posts stories which are weeks, if not months, old."

A legend in his mum's spare room.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

There seems to be a bizarre orthodoxy herein where reminding our Tory friends of their mistakes (poll shrieking, crossover ramping, getting political calls badly wrong) is frowned upon. They don't like to take their medicine.
    Harold and Lotty do seem to be getting rather hysterical again. Not that it isn't always vastly amusing to watch them splutter and shriek.

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

hysterical.....splutter......shriek.
    This gay bondage thing.......

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Bill Etheridge ‏@milroy666 23h
    Ex nazi in the Labour Party ? http://m.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/former-nazi-wins-a-labour-council-seat-1-3826439

Now if this had been a UKIP councillor, the shrieks from the Labour party would have waken the dead. Who are the hypocrites now?
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

They don't like to take their medicine.
    Writes someone who only ever comments on other people's posts......

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

.@David_Cameron: 'I would not be prime minister of a government unless we could carry out our pledge of an in-out referendum"

He could unexpectedly win a majority at the election, have to hold such a referendum, and campaign on a platform of remaining in the EU while most of his party and MPs campaign to leave.

It's probably preferable to watching from the backbenches as Ed Miliband towers over the Commons as PM. So file it under "nice problems to have".
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

Well remember some of the bizarre lefty orthodox ies are dull. Gove next out, Plebgate was real, GO next out, coalition break up in 2012, no recovery from cuts, 5m unemployed.

Weve taken pity on you.
  • Options
    On topic, the EU elections are frivolous (so frivolous that Betfair can't spell "elections" properly). The others are not. Would you rather bet on the Emirates Cup or the Champions League?

Pedant's PS: "minuscule" is spelt thus.
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

More bluff and bluster from The Big Fib.

The EU fishing fleets could clean out Scottish fish stocks, before Eck could get his rubber dinghy inflated.
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

Was between your chums AlanBrooke and AveryLP. You and Harold certainly don't sound like hysterical and deranged loons spitting in impotent fury because you self-evidently don't have a clue about politics or public opinion. So by all means continue with your 'incisive' deranged babbling.

• Options
    Mr. Antifrank, my understanding was it could be written as either miniscule or minuscule, despite what a spell checker says (it also disliked torturess).
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Ex nazi in the Labour Party ? http://m.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/local/former-nazi-wins-a-labour-council-seat-1-3826439

Now if this had been a UKIP councillor, the shrieks from the Labour party would have waken the dead. Who are the hypocrites now?

This post is nonsensical.

• Options
    MikeK said:

Aalok K Biswas ‏@aalokbiswas 13h

Tory councillor calls disabled children a 'burden' on society & council funds http://fb.me/3w3Y0VF7Y

The usual ones on PB.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

chums.... hysterical.....deranged..... loons .....spitting....impotent..... fury .....babbling.
    I say, your gay bondage fantasies are getting fruitier by the minute!
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

chums.... hysterical.....deranged..... loons .....spitting....impotent..... fury .....babbling.
    I.....say... gay....bondage....fantasies....getting...fruitier....minute...!...
    *tears of laughter etc.*
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,061
    MikeK said:

I'm not a Labourite (although I daresay someone'll chuck me in that category - I've been placed everywhere else), but I think that's unfair.

1) She has been open about her past - she hasn't hidden it.
    2) She openly regrets it and has moved on.
    3) It was over thirty years ago.
    4) There are apparently no legal proceedings outstanding for either her political activity or her animal rights stupidity.

I've told a story in the past about an acquaintance who'd been a neo-Nazi in the 1980s. I became friends with him before I discovered, but I decided to treat him like anyone else. I never heard or saw anything remotely off with him, and he behaved politely and friendly towards my gfs, including foreign ones. To be frank he was a bit slow, and definitely seemed to fit into the 'brainwashed' category.

He just wanted somewhere he'd fit in and be accepted, so he went from a neo-Nazi group to railway preservation. I suppose that's an improvement ... ;-)
  • Options
    TheWatcherTheWatcher Posts: 5,262

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

I say, your gay bondage fantasies are getting fruitier by the minute!
    If Mick screams out 'Culloden', you must release him from the handcuffs.
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    An unusual resignation .
    Terry Wilkins , Conservative councillor for Illogan on Cornwall UA has resigned following a local scandal after the revelation that he has been falsely claiming an MBE and other honours for a number of years .
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

......tears......
    Yes, well, I suppose that was next - perhaps I'll do a compilation of 'Pork's Gay Bondage Fantasies'......
  • Options

An unusual resignation .
    Terry Wilkins , Conservative councillor for Illogan on Cornwall UA has resigned following a local scandal after the revelation that he has been falsely claiming an MBE and other honours for a number of years .

As usual with politicians, it's the poverty of ambition that's so depressing. If you were going to falsely claim an honour, wouldn't you make sure that it was at least a CBE?

• Options
    edited April 2014

Mick_Pork said:

So file it under "nice problems to have".
    You think that's what John Major thought when he was also confronted with a hopelessly divided party intent on self-destruction over Europe? Sounds more like a recipe for chaos from the start if Cammie did manage to win.

I also admire your seeming optimism in thinking that the tory Eurosceptics and BOOers will keep quiet after May considering that will almost certainly be their last chance to make trouble before the GE drowns out all talk of Europe and Farage. After last May's kipper surge I seem to recall a great deal of them running around like headless chickens while Cammie was compared to John Major for his incompetence. So I would not rate Cammie's chances of keeping a lid on things particularly highly after this May. Cast Iron Pledge or not.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,913

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

The EU fishing fleets could clean out Scottish fish stocks, before Eck could get his rubber dinghy inflated.
    I think you and your colleagues are forgetting that the Scots will be due a share of the Royal Navy fleet. Which is not in evidence up north anyway, so anything is an improvement. And you are forgetting the Scottish fisheries patrol ships already exist.

• Options
    Salmond and the EU: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-27186622

The line that caught my eye, however, was this:
    "Sweden, despite voting against joining the euro, still has an obligation to do so."

Democracy setting = minimal.
  • Options
    RT @Sun_Politics: today's Sun Says ... On Ukip MEP Roger Helmer comparing detesting gay people to tea http://t.co/tVrDufOQcY
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The Daily Mail having fun:

'I hope Salmond never has death squadrons walking on his land': First Minister faces global backlash over praise for Putin

Furious reaction from politicians in the UK and in Ukraine

Pro-Russian separatists in Ukraine have gleefully seized on his comments

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2615658/Alex-almond-faces-global-backlash-praise-Putin.html#ixzz30GFTZxzR
  • Options

MikeK said:

I'm not a Labourite (although I daresay someone'll chuck me in that category - I've been placed everywhere else), but I think that's unfair.

1) She has been open about her past - she hasn't hidden it.
    2) She openly regrets it and has moved on.
    3) It was over thirty years ago.
    4) There are apparently no legal proceedings outstanding for either her political activity or her animal rights stupidity.

I've told a story in the past about an acquaintance who'd been a neo-Nazi in the 1980s. I became friends with him before I discovered, but I decided to treat him like anyone else. I never heard or saw anything remotely off with him, and he behaved politely and friendly towards my gfs, including foreign ones. To be frank he was a bit slow, and definitely seemed to fit into the 'brainwashed' category.

He just wanted somewhere he'd fit in and be accepted, so he went from a neo-Nazi group to railway preservation. I suppose that's an improvement ... ;-)
    Bloody Labourite.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

I think you and your colleagues are forgetting that the Scots will be due a share of the Royal Navy fleet. Which is not in evidence up north anyway, so anything is an improvement. And you are forgetting the Scottish fisheries patrol ships already exist.

How the Scottish fisheries vessels are going to prevent anyone sailing through Scottish waters to get to Norwegian waters is an interesting one. More to the point, threatening to block access to Scottish waters is not exactly going to inspire EU member states to extend the hand of friendship to Scotland, is it? And that's before you factor in the possibility that other countries might retaliate, so blocking Scottish ships from their waters. Not Salmond's finest hour.

• Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,261

How long is it going to take to get to NE Scotland from the Clyde? At 14 knots?

I dare say having been let off punching above our weight, a Scottish Naval Service could afford to have ships on patrol and in more than one Scottish port. In any case (unless you know otherwise), Faslane couldn't become the primary Scottish naval base for 5-10 years due to the current tenants.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

Magnus Gardham
    Political Editor

How the Scottish fisheries vessels are going to prevent anyone sailing through Scottish waters to get to Norwegian waters is an interesting one.
    It would also be illegal......

• Options
    edited April 2014

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

......tears......
    Yes... well.... I.... suppose... next... perhaps.... I'll do.... compilation.... Gay Bondage..... Fantasies.....
    [Insert Random PB Tory imbecile joining in with the babbling]

Try harder. This is embarrassing stuff even from the stupendously out of touch PB Tories.

• Options

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

An entirely untrue, utterly delusional, post.

• Options
    Mick_Pork said:

You think that's what John Major thought when he was also confronted with a hopelessly divided party intent on self-destruction over Europe? Sounds more like a recipe for chaos from the start if Cammie did manage to win.

Er, no, I think it's what Neil Kinnock would have thought.
    Mick_Pork said:

I also admire your seeming optimism in thinking that the tory Eurosceptics and BOOers will keep quiet after May...

I did not mean to imply that my scenario was the only possible problem that Cameron might face with this pledge.

• Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited April 2014

An unusual resignation .

Good - When the story broke, he claimed he was the victim of a 'practical joke' claiming an official letter announcing his elevation had arrived in the post. I'd have thought he would have twigged when there was no Buck house visit and no gong.

I think the term is 'busted'.
  • Options

'I hope Salmond never has death squadrons walking on his land': First Minister faces global backlash over praise for Putin

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2615658/Alex-almond-faces-global-backlash-praise-Putin.html#ixzz30GFTZxzR

Nice typo in that url, implying that he's not so much fishy as nutty.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

......tears......
    Yes... well.... I.... suppose... next... perhaps.... I'll do.... compilation.... Gay Bondage..... Fantasies.....
    harder......stuff......touch.......
    Sure you don't want to tell me the safe word?

Braveheart?

Flodden?

Bannockburn?

• Options
    BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

QED

• Options
    For crying out loud, enough already of the bondage stuff.

I am already in a tight spot on the Overground.
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

Mick_Pork said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

......tears......
    harder......stuff......touch.......
    Sure... want... to... safe.... word?
    Out?

Of?

Touch?

Tw*ts?
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Nice typo in that url, implying that he's not so much fishy as nutty.
    President Pecan is no doubt enjoying the praise.
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited April 2014
    hoorar for me.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,368
    edited April 2014
    TGOHF said:

The YouGov (Latest YouGov - Con 32%, Lab 37%, LD 10%, UKIP 15%) shows a jump in the internals on 'asylum and immigration' and 'Europe' for "other" - and given the way UKIP voters have voted, almost certainly UKIP:

The secondaries are interesting as a possible guide to the reasons why people intend to vote for parties in the voting intention question. But parties that lead on several issues and trail on VI should ask themselves why. Clearly those questions aren't driving it.

I don't think *most* people are voting Labour over the NHS or schools, or Tory over the economy, or UKIP over Europe (immigration might be the exception which really is pulling votes). Most people think we're all a bit useless and they're voting mostly on whom they like or dislike. The main Tory problem is simply their "disliked" status - 35%+ want to get them out, full stop. Labour and the LibDems attract some dislike too, but less.

• Options
    edited April 2014
    BobaFett said:

For crying out loud, enough already of the bondage stuff.

I am already in a tight spot on the Overground.

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

They certainly don't sound like a bunch of out of touch twerps witlessly babbling in a feeble attempt to distract away from their own ineptitude and stupidity, do they?

Michael Woods ‏@mikewcdx 21h

.@Number10gov David Cameron: Stop MPs policing their own expenses http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/number10gov-david-cameron-stop-mps-policing-their-own-expenses via @UKChange

99,571 signatures.

• Options
    0.8% growth.

• Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,618
    edited April 2014
    0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

Good figures, slight miss on market expectations.
  • Options
    Big Yin says stay in

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/celebritynews/10793473/Billy-Connolly-the-day-I-learnt-I-had-cancer-and-Parkinsons-disease.html

"In the interview, Connolly also addressed the subject of Scottish independence, saying: “You must remember that the Union saved Scotland. Scotland was bankrupt and the English opened us up to their American and Canadian markets, from which we just flowered.

“And I dislike patriots. I’m deeply suspicious of patriotism. It’s paved with fools.”"
  • Options
    VerulamiusVerulamius Posts: 1,438
    Did anyone watch the EU presidential debate last night? The following site follows the wider EU elections across the continent.

http://europedecides.eu/eudebate2014/

• Options

TGOHF said:

The main Tory problem is simply their "disliked" status - 35%+ want to get them out, full stop. Labour and the LibDems attract some dislike too, but less.
    Didn't the recent polling show Lab least (net) disliked, followed by Con, with Lib D then UKIP behind?
  • Options

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

QED

If ever any post demonstrated the PB Tory tendency to conflate anecdote with empirical evidence, that is it, right there.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

0.8% QoQ, 3.1% YoY.

Good figures, slight miss on market expectations.

Hugh Pym: Services 0.9% up, manufacturing up 1,3%, construction up 0.3% in Q1 2014
  • Options
    Growth a notch lower than expected but these numbers are very often revised upwards.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

QED

If ever any post demonstrated the PB Tory tendency to conflate anecdote with empirical evidence, that is it, right there.
    And again!

• Options

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

BobaFett said:

Mick_Pork said:

ROFL

QED

And again!

And again...
  • Options
    FPT :

"When I was back in England, I used to love either Harry Ramsden in Guiseley, where I used to go regularly as a kid, and the Wetherby Whaler was fantastic too."

Harry Ramsden's in Guiseley sadly closed in late 2011, but re-opened six months later as a branch of ........ The Wetherby Whaler!
This discussion has been closed.