Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tories jump 4, UKIP and LDs each drop 3 in post-budget Surv

Comments

• Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Believe Yougov is Lab 37 Con 36 others ??????
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    Sorry I did type Compouter but the auto correcting but dropped your "o"
  • Options
    Paul_Mid_BedsPaul_Mid_Beds Posts: 1,409
    edited March 2014

I think there are a few flaws in your argument. We do not know that pension pots would be counted as savings. The majority of over 55's do not have private pension pots.

And Labour needs to get its story straight. Is the problem with the budget that 55+ year olds will be ineligible for benefits? or after blowing the lot on beer and bingo that they will be dependent on benefits?

"If you do not trust yourself with your own money, vote Labour" is not a winning slogan.

By making the capital accessible it can be counted as savings in a future post election budget at the stroke of a chancellors pen.

And being emotionally blackmailed by your children or elderly parents to empty your pension pot paying for;

* their tuition fees (tripled by this same government) to avoid them paying an extra 9% income tax for the next 30 years

* the car they need to get to work (because the bus no longer runs due to cuts bythis government)

*to pay their elderly parents care home fees (as the council is only paying enough for a dickensian hovel due to this governments cuts)

* to help pay for their wedding (more expensive as this government has raised VAT from 15 to 20%)

is rather a different scenario from blowing it on beer and bingo and a situation a responsible government would protect people from (and has done in the past) and something that Labour ought really to have worked out by now and be shouting from the rooftops.

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,954
    edited March 2014
    "neck and neck" over one year before a general election will translate into a reasonable Tory lead by polling day I'd have assumed?

Hung parliament - Tories having most seats, votes and winning national share with either a Conservative minority or another Con-Lib coalition has been my expectation for some time and still is.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,039
    Mr. Simon, never used the widget myself. I have a vague notion it does/did work under Vanilla.
  • Options
    Stuart_DicksonStuart_Dickson Posts: 3,557
    edited March 2014
    Sean_F said:

Stuart is correct, we Scots Tories see the LibDems as cuckoos in around 8-10 of our seats and we want them back. In Caithness, Sutherland & ER we were delighted when Robbie Rowantree the LibDem got humped by Rob Gibson of the SNP in 2011 because the traitor had been Tory Chairman in the constituency, then stood as Tory candidate in Inverness before jumping ship just as Jamie Stone had done 30 years earlier to get elected as a LibDem on the council. Our joy was complete when having failed to hold the Holyrood seat, he also failed to get re-elected to Highland Council.

Danny might be an exception. There is a history in Inverness of Tories voting Liberal to keep the Liberal MP in. "We" did it for 30 years to keep Russell Johnston in post. I cant see (m)any Tories voting LibDem at the GE in Aberdeenshire, Argyll, NE Fife, Edinburgh or the Borders. The Euro elections will be very interesting in Scotland to see the split between Tories and LibDems.

You're expecting Yes to win the referendum, though, in which case this becomes academic.

Nope. As I have stated many times I haven't a clue who will win the indyref. My only predictions are: high turnout and both Y and N in the 40 to 60 percent range.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    It's either 37/36 or 36/35
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    ST supposedly C36, L37, according to AW...
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

That is the highest Con for some time - and not much hit to Labour. Ukip in single figures ??
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    I think that you are looking for Eds widget.

I do not use it, but can understand why some do.

o/t - but it is possible (as it was under the previous comment system) to filter whose posts you can see on a thread? I am no longer a regular visitor due to the increasing shrillness of a number of the current posters - but if I could filter things then I might be more willing to read the rest of the more insightful contributions.

• Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    edited March 2014

"SKY NEWS HAVE TORY LABOUR NECK AND NECK"

"SKY NEWS HAVE TORY LABOUR EQUAL"

Commonly known as PB Hodge premature polling ejaculation.

Computer dear chap, did you compose the humour sections in Ed Bland's LOTO reply on Wednesday?
    Apologies for non-crossover, your fellow Hodges ability not to listen to the words "Labour have a 1% lead" was rather funny though.
  • Options

LD = negligible
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    edited March 2014

There are some desperate-sounding posts this evening from Labour supporters. Barring some major external catastrophe it's pretty obvious which way this one is going.

If you mean my post pointing out that Gideons pension reform may well mean the majority of over 55s being disbarred from state benefits I'm not a Labour supporter I'm a former tory supporter whos going to vote UKIP (as evidenced by previous posts)

I may be centre right with a lot of time for the "Tebbit right" but I find this government repulsive and uncaring about those who are not rich. As well as potentially disbarring over 55s from benefits Gideons idiotic new pension policy will condemn millions to an impoverished old age as now they have access to this capital they will inevitably suffer emotional pressure and blackmail to use it for their childrens tuition fees, first car to get them to work, weddings or their elderly persions care home fees (a lot of which will also attract VAT and therefore extra revenue for Gideon).

A caring centre right government would not have destroyed annuities through Weimar style money printing and would have properly regulated the annuity providers to stop them taking the P. This lot have just shafted the lower middle and upper working classes - again and will pay in 2015.
    Not Gideon, George or Osborne, and the possessive is "Gideon's", not "Gideons" (wouldn't have pointed this out, but you do it twice). If you expressly support a party widely perceived as being made up of borderline-illiterate fruitcakes, you need - for the sake of that party - to pay attention to these details.
  • Options
    audreyanneaudreyanne Posts: 1,376
    I think the funniest thread leader was the one suggesting the Cons had already given up. Amazing for a site that thinks it has its finger on the pulse.

Oh and Dave and Boris on the stump together? Get used to the sight.

One last comment. Aside from the budget the other moment of significance this week was that Cameron saw through Gove. That's the best news the Conservatives could have had because Gove is an electoral liability. He remains toxic to some core support.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Just think, if it hadn't been for the game changing, political earthquake of Bingogate, Con's might have had a lead tonight! ;)

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    There's no doubt Labour's average lead is now below 5%. And precedent would suggest it won't go up over the next 12 months.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,167
    antifrank said:

The huge shame about Eric Joyce is that he has lots of very thoughtful observations to make and comes across as far more interesting than the average MP. He could have helped restore confidence in politicians. But his demons have consumed him.

Entirely. I was quite amazed by the clarity and concision of his website.

• Options
    So not allowing people to spend their money how they choose should be Labour policy?

And is Labour planning to reverse tuition fees? and if so how will it be funded?

I think there are a few flaws in your argument. We do not know that pension pots would be counted as savings. The majority of over 55's do not have private pension pots.

And Labour needs to get its story straight. Is the problem with the budget that 55+ year olds will be ineligible for benefits? or after blowing the lot on beer and bingo that they will be dependent on benefits?

"If you do not trust yourself with your own money, vote Labour" is not a winning slogan.

By making the capital accessible it can be counted as savings in a future post election budget at the stroke of a chancellors pen.

And being emotionally blackmailed by your children or elderly parents to empty your pension pot paying for;

* their tuition fees (tripled by this same government) to avoid them paying an extra 9% income tax for the next 30 years

* the car they need to get to work (because the bus no longer runs due to cuts)

*to pay their elderly parents care home fees (as the council is only paying enough for a dickensian hovel due to this governments cuts)

* to help pay for their wedding (more expensive as this government has raised VAT from 15 to 20%)

is rather a different scenario from blowing it on beer and bingo and a situation a responsible government would protect people from (and has done in the past) and something that Labour ought really to have worked out by now and be shouting from the rooftops.

• Options

Sean_F said:

Stuart is correct, we Scots Tories see the LibDems as cuckoos in around 8-10 of our seats and we want them back. In Caithness, Sutherland & ER we were delighted when Robbie Rowantree the LibDem got humped by Rob Gibson of the SNP in 2011 because the traitor had been Tory Chairman in the constituency, then stood as Tory candidate in Inverness before jumping ship just as Jamie Stone had done 30 years earlier to get elected as a LibDem on the council. Our joy was complete when having failed to hold the Holyrood seat, he also failed to get re-elected to Highland Council.

Danny might be an exception. There is a history in Inverness of Tories voting Liberal to keep the Liberal MP in. "We" did it for 30 years to keep Russell Johnston in post. I cant see (m)any Tories voting LibDem at the GE in Aberdeenshire, Argyll, NE Fife, Edinburgh or the Borders. The Euro elections will be very interesting in Scotland to see the split between Tories and LibDems.

You're expecting Yes to win the referendum, though, in which case this becomes academic.

Nope. As I have stated many times I haven't a clue who will win the indyref. My only predictions are: high turnout and both Y and N in the 40 to 60 percent range.
    Stuart I think Sean F was actually referring to me. I have been convinced for some YES will scrape a narrow win simply because on the ground they are highly organised and working on the 400,000 not currently registered and the 2 million who didn't vote in 2011. If YES wins I would expect Cameron to lodge a Parliament Act bill to disenfranchise the 59 Scots MPs from Easter 2015 when the current parliament is dissolved. We Scots would then concentrate on winning back our former seats at Holyrood as the SNP could be rewarded in 2016 the way Winston Churchill was in 1945.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

That is the highest Con for some time - and not much hit to Labour. Ukip in single figures ??
    36 on 16/12/2013 , 37 on 14/10/2013
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

RodCrosby said:

Just think, if it hadn't been for the game changing, political earthquake of Bingogate, Con's might have had a lead tonight! ;)

I think Bingogate may have just tipped it off equal and into Labour lead. For Avery LP equal is when the two percentages ARE the same.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

AveryLP said:

STimes YouGov poll show Lab and Con equal!

[Sky News source]

Do we have the details in their full glory?

I see Basil is lying on the road shamming death.

Equal......really!

I think you had go and check the figures old bean.
    I think you should forgive our dear old Avery ! You see he fought in the Crimean War and his eyesight and hearing has never been quite the same.

• Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,987
    So Labour pretty much as was in both polls. The Tories need that to change. If a very positively covered budget cannot do it, what can?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

AveryLP said:

[Sky News source]

Equal......really!

I think you had go and check the figures old bean.
    I think you should forgive our dear old Avery ! You see he fought in the Crimean War and his eyesight and hearing has never been quite the same.

"STimes YouGov poll show Lab and Con equal!

[Sky News source]

I see Basil is lying on the road shamming death."

Even Basil was laughing at that post.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Ishmael_X said:

Not Gideon, George or Osborne, and the possessive is "Gideon's", not "Gideons" (wouldn't have pointed this out, but you do it twice). If you expressly support a party widely perceived as being made up of borderline-illiterate fruitcakes, you need - for the sake of that party - to pay attention to these details.

LOL, in my opinion this appears to be a textbook example of playing the man not the ball:

From Wikipedia: "George Gideon Oliver Osborne,[1] MP (born Gideon Oliver Osborne; xx xx 1971)....."

His real name is/was Gideon.

• Options

surbiton said:

AveryLP said:

Danny Alexander.

First on merit.

The Danny Alexander price shortens yet again today in Inverness, Nairn, Badenoch & Strathspey (LD maj = 8,765)

LD 1/2 (from 4/6)
    Lab 7/2
    SNP 4/1
    Con 66/1

1/2 is just a daft price IMHO.

If national polls are replicated, Labour would win this seat. The Liberal position in Scotland is worse than in the uK as a whole.

However, the Tories will switch to help out "their" MP. If he loses, he will move South to a home county Tory seat.
    Many of the recent Scottish sub samples so beloved of Mr Dickson show the Lib Dems now doing better in Scotland than in England ,. Certainly there has been an uplift in LD support in Scotland in 2014 .
    Scottish sub-samples showing SLD armageddon = angry Mark

Scottish sub-samples showing SLDs holding on to 40% of their vote = solid statistical work according to Mark
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,167
    edited March 2014

There are some desperate-sounding posts this evening from Labour supporters. Barring some major external catastrophe it's pretty obvious which way this one is going.

If you mean my post pointing out that Gideons pension reform may well mean the majority of over 55s being disbarred from state benefits I'm not a Labour supporter I'm a former tory supporter whos going to vote UKIP (as evidenced by previous posts)

I may be centre right with a lot of time for the "Tebbit right" but I find this government repulsive and uncaring about those who are not rich. As well as potentially disbarring over 55s from benefits Gideons idiotic new pension policy will condemn millions to an impoverished old age as now they have access to this capital they will inevitably suffer emotional pressure and blackmail to use it for their childrens tuition fees, first car to get them to work, weddings or their elderly persions care home fees (a lot of which will also attract VAT and therefore extra revenue for Gideon).

A caring centre right government would not have destroyed annuities through Weimar style money printing and would have properly regulated the annuity providers to stop them taking the P. This lot have just shafted the lower middle and upper working classes - again and will pay in 2015.
    In fairness to all posters - it is a good and very basic point and I will be very interested to see who is right. Bear in mind that (presumably) the targeted voters are precisely the 50 something shifting from Labour to Tory but possibly drifting to Kipper or LD. If the Coalition have managed to bungle this then it is very important and not just for the pensioners..

• Options
    AveryLP said:

[Sky News source]

Dear Avery,

Pray tell us, how good was the orgasm ?
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

RodCrosby said:

I think Bingogate may have just tipped it off equal and into Labour lead. For Avery LP equal is when the two percentages ARE the same.
    1% Lab lead with 12 months to go. You wouldn't say things are going great for Lab surely?

• Options
    edited March 2014

So Labour pretty much as was in both polls. The Tories need that to change. If a very positively covered budget cannot do it, what can?

Avery's eyesight? Avery's hearing?
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Ok, so say we get the ever more likely, Labour most seats, Tories most votes scenario. Am I right in assuming the Libs would speak to the Tories first in that scenario, assuming the arithmetic is plausible?
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Getting closer to GE and a real possibility that we could have PM Ed Miliband might just do it.

• Options
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

RodCrosby said:

1% Lab lead with 12 months to go. You wouldn't say things are going great for Lab surely?

Within a few days we will be back to Labour 5/6% leads.
  • Options
    I have to say that in the absence of a Cheshire farmer/wine salesman, this site has become a lot less unpleasant in recent months and even when people get a bit tetchy, they are rude to one another rather than down right offensive.

Right now I cant decide whether the Compouter/Avery or MalcolmG/Carlotta spats are the more entertaining.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215

I think the funniest thread leader was the one suggesting the Cons had already given up. Amazing for a site that thinks it has its finger on the pulse.

Oh and Dave and Boris on the stump together? Get used to the sight.

One last comment. Aside from the budget the other moment of significance this week was that Cameron saw through Gove. That's the best news the Conservatives could have had because Gove is an electoral liability. He remains toxic to some core support.

Why would Gove be toxic to the core Conservative support? That's an odd claim.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

RodCrosby said:

After the greatest budget since the invention of sliced bread, all the Tories can manage is a 1 point ...deficit.

Even the flounce produced a lead !

• Options
    surbiton said:

AveryLP said:

[Sky News source]

Dear Avery,

Pray tell us, how good was the orgasm ?
    LOL!
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

RodCrosby said:

Even the flounce produced a Tory lead !

• Options
    Can someone check if Avery is ok, he has gone a bit quiet.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @surbiton

'Pray tell us, how good was the orgasm ?'

Sour grapes already?

• Options

GIN1138 said:

GIN1138 said:

RodCrosby said:

Within a few days we will be back to Labour 5/6% leads.
    Perhaps. But the overall trajectory of most Parliaments is for voting intention to move towards the governing party as the election get's closer.

Given this has already been happening for some time in the current parliament it seems far fetched to think that it will suddenly stop between now and May 2015...

• Options

Sean_F said:

Stuart I think Sean F was actually referring to me. I have been convinced for some YES will scrape a narrow win simply because on the ground they are highly organised and working on the 400,000 not currently registered and the 2 million who didn't vote in 2011. If YES wins I would expect Cameron to lodge a Parliament Act bill to disenfranchise the 59 Scots MPs from Easter 2015 when the current parliament is dissolved. We Scots would then concentrate on winning back our former seats at Holyrood as the SNP could be rewarded in 2016 the way Winston Churchill was in 1945.
    If Yes wins in September then the SNP can fuck off as far as I am concerned. They will have fulfilled their purpose and can be safely discarded. I say this as a lifelong member.
  • Options
    The lead is obviously narrowing and crossover is obviously imminent and Ed is obviously crap. Because the Tories are reeling in the lead and it never goes in any other direction. As witnessed by the various neck and neck and +1% polls over the last 8 months or so.

I take it we will have the same level of pants-shitting excitement next week when the lead is back where it was? Again?
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    TGOHF said:

15% is OK for UKIP from Survation.

15/1/2014: 18%
    3/1/2014: 16%
    21/11/2013: 18%
    25/10/2013: 17%
    18/10/2013: 16%

28/04/2013: 16%
    25/1/2013: 14%

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election#2014
  • Options
    edited March 2014

The lead is obviously narrowing and crossover is obviously imminent and Ed is obviously crap. Because the Tories are reeling in the lead and it never goes in any other direction. As witnessed by the various neck and neck and +1% polls over the last 8 months or so.

I take it we will have the same level of pants-shitting excitement next week when the lead is back where it was? Again?

No, then we go back to ignoring the polls and talking about something else...anything else. Commonly known as squirrel time or Basilicious.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

So not allowing people to spend their money how they choose should be Labour policy?

And is Labour planning to reverse tuition fees? and if so how will it be funded?

Labour could pay for the reversing of the the tripling of tuition fees by reversing the tripling of tuition fees because it hasnow emerged that the new system will cost the taxpayers more than the old did.

This is becasuse the non repayment rate has gone through the roof (45%) due to people emigrating after graduating, not earning enough to repay it due to wages falling in the recession and a myriad other reasons.

As reported by that well known nest of lefties:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/universities-and-colleges/10716024/Student-loans-fewer-will-be-repaid.html

Bet Clegg and co feel a bit silly now smashing their reputation over this.

• Options
    IOSIOS Posts: 1,450
    A lead can drift in and drift out but if a party hasn't got the members to get their vote out what chance does it have?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

I have to say that in the absence of a Cheshire farmer/wine salesman, this site has become a lot less unpleasant in recent months and even when people get a bit tetchy, they are rude to one another rather than down right offensive.

Right now I cant decide whether the Compouter/Avery or MalcolmG/Carlotta spats are the more entertaining.

I think we need a referendum and an election to clear the air!

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,049

Sean_F said:

If Yes wins in September then the SNP can fuck off as far as I am concerned. They will have fulfilled their purpose and can be safely discarded. I say this as a lifelong member.
    I have a similar view of UKIP, at least in its current form. If we vote to leave the EU then short of a massive transformation to a truly Libertarian party I see absolutely no purpose for it at all.

• Options
    It is pretty peurile to insist on calling George by his original name of Gideon.

We do not refer to Gordon Brown by his original name of James Brown.

Ishmael_X said:

LOL, in my opinion this appears to be a textbook example of playing the man not the ball:

From Wikipedia: "George Gideon Oliver Osborne,[1] MP (born Gideon Oliver Osborne; xx xx 1971)....."

• Options
    Carnyx said:

In fairness to all posters - it is a good and very basic point and I will be very interested to see who is right. Bear in mind that (presumably) the targeted voters are precisely the 50 something shifting from Labour to Tory but possibly drifting to Kipper or LD. If the Coalition have managed to bungle this then it is very important and not just for the pensioners..

I think we are taking sides on a point depending on which side of the political fence we stand.

The problem with annuities was not annuities; it was the QE induced low interest rate regime.

So, people will not have to buy annuities. Fine, what would they do then ? As long as yields remain anaemic, the returns will be mediocre.

Plus the annuity market will become more costly because there will be fewer buyers.

• Options

Strongly disagree. Annoying shit as tim was he was in the Top 5 most insightful and talented Pbers. And the only Labourite in that pantheon. He is sorely missed.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,987
    Are there any more polls tonight? This time last week I was expecting at least one to show crossover.
  • Options
    Basil would like to point out he is still not happy, he is still here and he is still carrying those bloody polling crossover goalposts.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Observer/Pix/pictures/2010/1/8/1262962773146/goal-hanging-squirrel-001.jpg

Avery - He thanks you tonight for your efforts to make him giggle.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    edited March 2014
    So, Avery has been right all along... George played a blinder, Lets see how Labour confidence is in a few months time.
    Compouter will blow a fuse if Conservative momentum is maintained.

Ed Miliband will never be Prime Minister (copyright Jack W).
  • Options

It is pretty peurile to insist on calling George by his original name of Gideon.

Ishmael_X said:

I don't recall having heard Gordon change his name by deed poll. If he did then he loses even more face.

Gideon was ashamed of the name given by his parents. He should be reminded of such a good upper class name !

• Options
    edited March 2014
    The report of "neck and neck" in the Sunday Times YouGov poll actually means a 1% Labour lead: Lab 37%, Con 36%.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited March 2014
    More bad polls for Labour. Sure, the movement has mostly been Ukip voters moving to the Tories, but many of Ukip's voters are not died-in-the-wool Tories, they're floating voters who have voted Labour in the past and who (the evidence indicates) were saying they were going to vote Labour earlier in this parliament, especially in 2012. Labour could and should be winning them over.

For the 50millionth time, I still maintain this comes back to the fact they're not even CLOSE to defining themselves yet. Going on about "budget discipline" and the need for cuts while simultaneously lambasting the government for causing hardship doesn't make you look like you're in the centre-ground or reasonable, it makes you look an incoherent contradictory mess who has no idea what they stand for. Ed Miliband's feeble Budget response is an inevitvable consequence of being too scared to say anything radical or interesting or distinctive. For the love of God, if this isn't a wake-up call to Ed Balls and the other NewLabourites to drop their triangulation and laughable attempts to get "credibility" at the expense of definition (and for Ed Miliband to grow the balls to face down those NewLabourites), I don't know what will be.
  • Options

We do not refer to Gordon Brown by his original name of James Brown

Indeed, we should do as his Bullingdon chums did and call him Oik.
  • Options
    IOS said:

A lead can drift in and drift out but if a party hasn't got the members to get their vote out what chance does it have?

I see so if the polls say you are going to lose , you won't lose An interesting hypothesis.
  • Options
    "So, Avery has been right all along.".....now that line is effing brilliant.

Show me the Yougov Poll.......Show me the Yougov poll!
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Strongly disagree. Annoying shit as tim was he was in the Top 5 most insightful and talented Pbers. And the only Labourite in that pantheon. He is sorely missed.
    Agree mr Dickson.

• Options
    @compouter2

'Basil would like to point out he is still not happy'

He's still waiting for the winter NHS crisis.
  • Options

Are there any more polls tonight? This time last week I was expecting at least one to show crossover.

Strictly speaking, crossover means a Tory lead !!
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

The report of "neck and neck" in the Sunday Times YouGov poll actually means a 1% Labour lead: Lab 37%, Con 36%.

Can you PM this to Avery please.
  • Options

"So, Avery has been right all along.".....now that line is effing brilliant.

Show me the Yougov Poll.......Show me the Yougov poll!

well he has... and the overconfidence of the left is going to be seen for what it is, overconfidence.

• Options

I thought they called him Bingo
  • Options
    OGH now talking on Twitter about a new Survation Euro poll with Tories overtaking UKIP for 2nd place.
  • Options

Leonard Callaghan?
    James Wilson?
    Maurice Macmillan?
    Robert Eden?
    Arthur Chamberlain?
    James MacDonald?

• Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,248
    FPT... Fitalass, I know you are not very bright , however Prestwick might suit people who live well south of Aberdeen. I can see you driving through Aberdeen to get to Glasgow airport but doubt you are stupid enough to keep on till Prestwick. However despite you doubting it there are people south of Glasgow who may find
    Prestwick rather local.
    Suit me better than driving to Aberdeen for instance, or London.

• Options
    IOS said:

Plus when half the members get free TV licence !

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I await seeing the cut in tuition fees in the Labour manifesto then.

We do need to bear in mind that those who paid the trebled fees are in the second years of their courses, all the non-payers that you describe are those that are not re-paying the fees brought in by the last Labour government. These were, of course, voted through by the Scottish Labour MPs who are unaffected in their own constituencies.

Back to the drawing board, Paul

Labour could pay for the reversing of the the tripling of tuition fees by reversing the tripling of tuition fees because it hasnow emerged that the new system will cost the taxpayers more than the old did.

This is becasuse the non repayment rate has gone through the roof (45%) due to people emigrating after graduating, not earning enough to repay it due to wages falling in the recession and a myriad other reasons.

As reported by that well known nest of lefties:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/universities-and-colleges/10716024/Student-loans-fewer-will-be-repaid.html

Bet Clegg and co feel a bit silly now smashing their reputation over this.

• Options

OGH now talking on Twitter about a new Survation Euro poll with Tories overtaking UKIP for 2nd place.

Don't tell Avery, he will post they are in the lead.
  • Options
    Earth to Yellow Boxes.....come in Yellow Boxes.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Ishmael_X said:

The fact that you think that that is news to anyone, or is a valid reason for calling him that, amply confirms my point.
  • Options
    IOS said:

That is why punters ought to be wary of backing No in the Indyref. Their GOTV operation is close to non-existant.
  • Options
    john_zims said:

@surbiton

'Pray tell us, how good was the orgasm ?'

Sour grapes already?

Huh ?
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460
    edited March 2014
    Surbiton:

Agree QE has screwed annuities up (don't get me started!) but just because there are fewer buyers, it doesn't follow, to me at least, that annuities will become dearer. Quite the contrary I'd have thought, as insurance companies will need to compete in a real market, not one where hundreds of housands turn up every year legally compelled to buy.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,033

It's not as if it's unusual for someone to decide they don't want to be called by their first given name. Such as James Harold Wilson or Leonard James Callaghan. Or is your point that Gideon sounds er... sort of Jewish?

• Options

A poll the other day had the Tories 1% ahead of UKIP for the Euros.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    According to Mike's twitter, that Survation Europoll has Lab on 32, Con 28, UKIP 23.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Oh dear ! Did the orgasm turn into a siezure ? I hope not. The dear old boy is a good one. I am lately missing his silly yellow boxes though !
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Header updated to include YouGov GE2015 poll and Survation on Euro elections where CON move to 2nd place ahead of UKIP
  • Options

It's not as if it's unusual for someone to decide they don't want to be called by their first given name. Such as James Harold Wilson or Leonard James Callaghan. Or is your point that Gideon sounds er... sort of Jewish?

What the feck has Gideon changing his name got to do with Gideon sounding Jewish....Christ on a bike.
  • Options
    @surbiton

'Gideon was ashamed of the name given by his parents. He should be reminded of such a good upper class name !'

Totally lost on budget revert to class war,great stuff.
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    I don't mind George Osborne abandoning the name Gideon or Gordon Brown rejecting the name James. People can choose what they want to be called.

But I draw the line at Edward Grylls renaming himself Bear.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Dyed Woolie, its great to see you back posting, hope you stay around.

Greetings mortals, been away for a few months/years. Not sure if it has been seen but there is an Online Populus showing on their website taken 19-20 March showing
    Lab 38
    Con 34
    Kippers 12
    Lib Dem 9

• Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,033

What the feck has Gideon changing his name got to do with Gideon sounding Jewish....Christ on a bike.
    So Callaghan is a tosser for not wanting to be called Len?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Survation Euro on UNS

Lab 27 (+14)
    Con 22 (-4)
    UKIP 17 (+4)
    LD 0 (-11)
    Grn 1 (-1)
    SNP 2 (nc)
    Plaid 1 (nc)
  • Options
    This is serious, I hope Avery hasn't died of embarrassment. Would we be able to lay yellow boxes at his PB posting grave?
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    FOR COMPOUTER

RED ON RED INCOMING IN S TIMES HEADER

"KNIVES COME OUT FOR MILIBAND"
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    AndyJS said:

A CON victory at the Euros would be a total gift to the YES campaign. Unlikely, but feasible. Now we just need England to reach the Last Eight and we are in with a good shout here.
  • Options

FOR COMPOUTER

RED ON RED INCOMING IN S TIMES HEADER

"KNIVES COME OUT FOR MILIBAND"

Show me the link.....Show me the link!
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    That's a huge vote for the centre-right in the Euros, if correct. I wonder what the Certain to Vote numbers are.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,798

AndyJS said:

A CON victory at the Euros would be a total gift to the YES campaign. Unlikely, but feasible. Now we just need England to reach the Last Eight and we are in with a good shout here.
    I've never believed in the too wee or too poor argument but too stupid is a cert. I mean a football match ? Just how fked up are you people ?
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

Survation Euro on UNS

Lab 27 (+14)
    Con 22 (-4)
    UKIP 17 (+4)
    LD 0 (-11)
    Grn 1 (-1)
    SNP 2 (nc)
    Plaid 1 (nc)

Seniorista incoming! Seniorista incoming!
  • Options
    edited March 2014

So Callaghan is a tosser for not wanting to be called Len?
    Many very common forenames used in this country like, Simon, Luke, John, Andrew etc. and indeed James (as in James Brown) are also of Jewish origin. I really can't understand the point you are trying to make John.
This discussion has been closed.