Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Sir Gavin Williamson speaks for the Tories and the nation – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• NEW THREAD

• TimSTimS Posts: 12,392

rcs1000 said:

kamski said:

HYUFD said:

Pagan2 said:

Cookie said:

Sean_F said:

Cookie said:

Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

rcs1000 said:

Personally, I think the House of Lords needs more religious figures, not fewer. But we also need to go beyond the Church of England. There are plenty of Catholics in the UK, shouldn't they get someone? Ditto Jews and Muslims. And - obviously - there need to be representatives from both the agnostic and atheistic communities. Fwiw, I suspect there aren't enough satanists to justify a spot.

I suspect there are more than a few Satanists in parliament already and PM Starmer is an atheist.

However yes I agree other faith leaders should be represented, the Vatican forbids RC Cardinals from being in the Lords though as it undermines Papal authority hence Cardinal Nichols had to decline a peerage as did Cardinal Murphy O'Connor. They still believe the Roman Catholic church should be English national church again, of course before the Reformation the Bishops in the Lords were all Roman Catholic and joined by Abbotts from Monasteries Henry VIII dissolved
    Plenty of political and business leaders (and even some bishops), are disciples of the Lord of the Flies.
    Go on...?
    You would not get to be head of a major investment bank (like David Benioff’s father), a high roller in the public or private sectors, or Archbishop of Canterbury without being in league with Satan.
    Normally I'd think you were joking but this thread has got so strange I'm not totally sure...

I don't believe there are any genuine satanists. Christianity grew because of the promise of eternal life (in a good way). Why would someone who genuinely believed sign up for eternal torment?
    I do believe there are a lot of edgelords, but I'm pretty sure that almost by definition they don't sincerely believe.
    The human population being what it is, naturally, there are some genuinely mad people right at the left hand end of the bell curve, of course.
    Not a christian so not an expert, I suspect that those on the side of satan merely feel that god had a better pr department. Examining the bible god does seem to have killed off quite a lot of people and done plenty of what would be called evil acts such as slaughter of the first born. Not so much in there about satan's evil acts apart from a little tempting
    The Egyptians had enslaved the Jews, Pharoah refused to let them go so what else would you expect the Jewish God of Abraham to do to ensure they were freed?
    Umm God is supposed to be omnipotent so doing all that shit to the Egyptians seems entirely gratuitous.

See also: the rest of human history.

Mind you, according to some US conservative evangelicals, God sent that hurricane to North Carolina just to divert JD Vance from his schedule so he could talk at their conference.
    God is omnipotent, omniscient and benevolent.

So you can be assured that God approves of all pain and suffering as it is for the greater good.
    If you really want to ruin an english middle class dinner party say you dont agree with abortion

It's a cracker
    Those fabled middle class dinner parties I keep hearing about.
  • ohnotnow said:

rcs1000 said:

A friend of mine just got diagnosed with pancreatic cancer.

Fuck.

Jeez. The best of luck to your friend and the best of wishes to you to help them as you can.

I had a 60% survival chance a decade or so ago.

A mate came round with a hamper.

That was nice.