Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Cash will be obsolete within a generation – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 41,440

Nigelb said:

WTF.
    This guy is just raving now. Section him.
    https://x.com/atrupar/status/1834653128068616336

The GOP was previously calling Harris a liar for not having put working at McD on her CV, and now they’re claiming she never actually worked there…?
    The GOP and their shills are not only taking Russian money and talking points; they're taking Russian techniques.

The truth does not matter; consistency does not matter. Just spew out a load of varied attack lines with no care for the truth, knowing one or two will stick with some idiot out there. And if one line doesn't, the different lines lead to a confusion that leads some people to say: "I don't care; who knows what the truth is? I'll just pick whatever's most comfortable for my world view."

This is what Russia's been doing for years: giving different stories out at different times, for the same or different audiences.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 35,355
    Trump's "My Week" in The Times today is barely satire

Thursday
    Now Taylor Swift says she’s backing Kamala . JD is right. I have become the anti-cat guy. And I’m literally trying to save them all from being eaten by Haitians! We’ve been treated so unfairly.

Also, I’m still disgusted that Kamala attacked me on IVF. In fact, I’ve been a leader on IVF. “Mr President?” people say to me. “You’ve saved IVF! Without you, no IVF at all?” Whereas her? She hates Israel. That’s just a fact.
  • bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 10,182
    https://www.excelsior.com.mx/nacional/2017/02/28/1149157

Illegal aliens! Mexico! Build the wall! 9 out of 10 US citizens living in Mexico do so illegally.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 41,440

Taz said:

Taz said:

Kamala Harris rather unimpressive in this exchange. She needs more than just avoiding questions and responding with platitudes.

https://x.com/afneil/status/1834823387274756326?s=61

I'm not sure what in particular AN is referring to but sandpit is right imo to be sceptical of Kamala's debate performance. In truth, it was Trump that imploded. Take that away and Kamala said nothing of any moment.
    The way she replies to the question about prices in that exchange with just some bollocks about coming from a middle class household.

Sandpit is right about her performance. He’s unfairly labelled pro Trump for simply highlighting Harris’s deficiencies.

She’s getting away with it at the moment as Trump is combusting. She needs more scrutiny and more probing questions,
    No, @Sandpit is labelled as 'pro-Trump' for parroting a load of Pro-Trump propaganda from sources thoroughly discredited by Russian funding.
    If Trumpite shit stirrers like Pool and Rubin were innocent dupes of naughty Putin, does that mean Sandpit is also a victim of nefarious practices? Through if one is proposing oneself as a hard-hitting, contrarian truth-teller, being revealed as a naive diddy is probably not a great look.
    I find the claim that these people did not realise that they were indirectly being funded by Russia to be plausible, if unlikely.

I find the claim that these people did not take any lines or prompting from the people funding them so lavishly to be incredible. They were told what to say for the money.

So why did they not think: "Hmmm, these lines I'm being fed are all pro-Russian lines... I wonder..."

But the money talked. And @Sandpit et al swallowed it all - and still is.
  • NEW THREAD

• NigelbNigelb Posts: 68,726

Taz said:

Taz said:

Kamala Harris rather unimpressive in this exchange. She needs more than just avoiding questions and responding with platitudes.

https://x.com/afneil/status/1834823387274756326?s=61

I'm not sure what in particular AN is referring to but sandpit is right imo to be sceptical of Kamala's debate performance. In truth, it was Trump that imploded. Take that away and Kamala said nothing of any moment.
    The way she replies to the question about prices in that exchange with just some bollocks about coming from a middle class household.

Sandpit is right about her performance. He’s unfairly labelled pro Trump for simply highlighting Harris’s deficiencies.

She’s getting away with it at the moment as Trump is combusting. She needs more scrutiny and more probing questions,
    No, @Sandpit is labelled as 'pro-Trump' for parroting a load of Pro-Trump propaganda from sources thoroughly discredited by Russian funding.
    If Trumpite shit stirrers like Pool and Rubin were innocent dupes of naughty Putin, does that mean Sandpit is also a victim of nefarious practices? Through if one is proposing oneself as a hard-hitting, contrarian truth-teller, being revealed as a naive diddy is probably not a great look.

He was the guy here uncritically pushing the 'they eat cats' story. I think he dies us a valuable service reading some of the right wing Twitter bullshit, but I do get the impression he believes some of the more outlandish stuff.
  • CiceroCicero Posts: 2,978
    HYUFD said:

Cash will still be there even if most use card or phone.

Slot machines, tips in restaurants, charity collection boxes etc will all still use cash

Nope. Coins are now more or less worthless, even as tips. For most of the last year I have not been carrying cash at all. In Estonia, a very large number can and do take as well as make digital payments on their phones. Even in China. WePay increasingly does the same thing. The costs of cash management are now so high that the use of cash will dwindle to about the same percentage of lighting now given by gas lamps versus electric light. In any event notes and coins represent only about 4% of total money supply even now.

The implications for monetary policy when effectively national currencies can be traded by everyone, anywhere, immediately are still not understood by policy makers, but it is a matter of the present, not the future.