Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Jenrick is still on top but it’s tight – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,528
    mercator said:

If there was a pot of gold at the bottom of every rainbow, would that pose an inflationary problem?

Yes. Your hypothetical is actually pretty much an actual because Spain's ransacking of South America C16-17 was equivalent to finding and excavating the pots.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Price_revolution
    Correct and paradigmatic. But in the case of the rainbow, it would only be inflationary if it were a pot of new gold. A pot of gold moved from somewhere else to the end of the rainbow has no effect on inflation. The thing to remember is that inflation is the fall in value of money (gold).

• MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,420
    a
    Nigelb said:

Sweden has apparently not read @Malmesbury ‘s NU10K thesis.
    Or has, and disapproves.

Swedish Court Sends Ex-CEO of Swedbank to Prison for lying about Russian money laundering at her bank. Very powerful move!
    https://x.com/Billbrowder/status/1833592696352416158

Sweden scores very highly in surveys of governmental/social honesty.

There is also the phenomenon of NU10Kers fucking up so spectacularly that they can't get out of it. The key skill here is knowing how not to know.

For example, a bank in the US actually designed and implemented a change to tellers windows for branches near the Mexican border. To allow briefcases of cash to be passed over, more easily. Senior management were spectacular in their ability to claim that they had no idea what was going on. If a single document had linked them back, they would have been looking at Club Fed, for a long, long time.
  • JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,277
    Cicero said:

JohnO said:

Cookie said:

FPT - in my view this sees Jenrick and Cleverly into the final two.

I'd have thought Stride's vote would mainly go to Tugendhat and Cleverly - and if it splits evenly, Kemi's out next round. More likely (in my view) is that Stride's vote goes something like 2/2/7/5 to J/B/C/T, putting Tugendhat out and Cleverly through - then Tugendhat's votes transfer mainly to Cleverly, giving the members a choice of Jenrick or Cleverly.

That's my guess too (and hope!).
    Given your expressed views on Jenrick, then presumably you think Cleverly wins this?
    No, I think Jenrick will be victorious.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 22,458
    JohnO said:

Cicero said:

JohnO said:

Cookie said:

FPT - in my view this sees Jenrick and Cleverly into the final two.

I'd have thought Stride's vote would mainly go to Tugendhat and Cleverly - and if it splits evenly, Kemi's out next round. More likely (in my view) is that Stride's vote goes something like 2/2/7/5 to J/B/C/T, putting Tugendhat out and Cleverly through - then Tugendhat's votes transfer mainly to Cleverly, giving the members a choice of Jenrick or Cleverly.

That's my guess too (and hope!).
    Given your expressed views on Jenrick, then presumably you think Cleverly wins this?
    No, I think Jenrick will be victorious.
    JENRICK
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551

Harris blames President Xi for covid.

Has anyone ever seen Leon and Harris in the same room. She was moments away from blaming Wuhan lab leaks, I'm sure.