Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Breaking…Sky News on the Deputy Speaker, Nigel Evans

SystemSystem Posts: 11,019
edited May 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Breaking…Sky News on the Deputy Speaker, Nigel Evans

Dramatic story breaking on Sky about the deputy Speaker, Nigel Evans. goo.gl/gxmBS twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/st…

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,269
    Should be an interesting story.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,401
    I wonder what the odds are of Sally Bercow tweeting

"Why is Nigel Evans trending?"

*Innocent face*
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I'm going to hell, I laughed at the phrase "Detectives from Lancashire Police swooped on Mr Evans’ cottage in the Lancashire village of Pendleton this morning"

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/nigel-evans-top-tory-mp-1870063
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Blimey. Let's hope that, whatever the result, there's a stack of evidence on the right side so it's very clear as to whether he's guilty or innocent.
  • Options
    Peter_2Peter_2 Posts: 146
    Is cottaging still illegal?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836
    If he has to resign, this is UKIP's first Pariamentary constituency.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Wow.

But innocent until proven otherwise
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    FPT

"Under first past the post there is no point whatsoever in putting any effort at all into seats where you are not in contention and are never likely to be in contention."

The obvious rebuttal is that if you never put in effort, of course you're never bloody likely to be in contention!

There is no way, none, that the admitted fact that piling in resources into areas where you are weak is not sensible when resources are limited, in any way makes it somehow ok for a party to be utterly obliterated in large swathes of areas, because it's not like they were going to win, you know, so having any voters in that area at all is clearly a complete waste, so why not just effing celebrate that there is no hope of one day increasing support there?

In fact, let's just tell people considering voting one way which has no hope of winning a seat, to stop doing it, you fools, they'll never win there so stop being pathetic. Move to an area which matches your politics, silly voter.
  • Options
    Peter_2 said:

Is cottaging still illegal?

IIRC the public lavatories provision was removed about a decade ago, and re-catergorised under indecent exposure.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    As Father Ted would no doubt tell us, "careful now!"
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,287
    Is Finbarr Saunders a Mirror Journalist?
  • Options
    Shocking new story - seems to have come out of nowhere, which is good, as you wouldn't want rumours of something afoot like this leaking out.
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    edited May 2013
    I'm a bit lost re this story - its two incidents with women - but he's come out in 2010 as gay?

EDIT - ah - its two men, that makes more sense. I was most perplexed.
  • Options
    @dr_spyn

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it. ;)
  • Options
    Plato said:

I'm a bit lost re this story - its two incidents with women - but he's come out in 2010 as gay?

No, it is two men making the allegations.
  • Options
    AveryLPAveryLP Posts: 7,815
    tim said:

Difficult to bring extra shame on a seat represented by David Waddington, looks like Evans may be having a go.

No charges yet, tim.

The key question appears to me how rape can be committed over a period of time (Brunt a little confused over this but it appeared to be a period of years)?

Are we talking two incidents or a series of incidents with two victims.

Odd.
  • Options
    RicardohosRicardohos Posts: 258
    Ooooh Ribble Valley. Not exactly a marginal but this could be veeeeery interesting ...

Meanwhile think this might be the first time I've ever agreed with Norman Tebbit. His analysis seems pretty spot on to me: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22414588
  • Options
    anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    Plato said:

Men, not women.

• Options

Ooooh Ribble Valley. Not exactly a marginal but this could be veeeeery interesting ...

Meanwhile think this might be the first time I've ever agreed with Norman Tebbit. His analysis seems pretty spot on to me: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-22414588

The seat went to the yellow peril in the 1991 by-election
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Would Farage go for it ? Would have to defend in sub 18 months by time of any legal recourse.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,057
    Sean_F said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribble_Valley_(UK_Parliament_constituency)

UKIP got nearly 7% in 2010.

Conservative Nigel Evans 26,298 50.3 +5.4
    Labour Paul Foster 11,529 22.0 −7.8
    Liberal Democrat Allan Knox 10,732 20.5 −2.1
    UKIP Stephen Rush 3,496 6.7 +4.0
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Would Farage go for it ? Would have to defend in sub 18 months by time of any legal recourse.

Hmm, hasn't Farage been trying to emphasize local candidates for UKIP? If so, would it be in his general area?

• Options
    peterbusspeterbuss Posts: 109
    The guy is of course innocent until /unless proved guilty.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Sean_F said:

I was just going to suggest that. Great minds and all that.............
  • Options

Sean_F said:

Andrea posted recent results from the locals on the last thread.

Ribble Valley constituency is the whole Ribble Valley District + the following 10 wards from South Ribble:

Ribble Valley District is covered by 4 County Divisions
    In 3 UKIP didn't stand
    In 1 they polled 23% to Tory 54%

Going over South Ribble District...

Bamber Bridges and Walton le Dale division: Lab 40 Con 39 UKIP 20
    South Ribble Rural East Con 43 Lab 20 UKIP 18
    Farington: Con 38 Lab 37 UKIP 19

The 10th ward is within a division with 2 wards not part of the constituency. FWIW the division total was Lab 41 Con 35 UKIP 20

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    I thought we weren't allowed to discuss this sort of thing on PB...
  • Options
    A reminder of what Nigel said only yesterday amusingly enough.
    Nigel Farage Confirms He'll Fight The General Election - But Won't Say Where

Nigel Farage has confirmed he will be contesting the 2015 General Election - but has not yet decided where to run.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/05/03/nigel-farage-will-fight-the-next-general-election_n_3210671.html?utm_hp_ref=uk
  • Options
    To illustrate how much boundary changes have affected Ribble Valley since 1992:

In 1992 Labour polled 6.5% compared to 35.3% in GB.

In 2010 Labour polled 22.0% compared to 29.7% in GB.

• Options
    RobCRobC Posts: 398
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

Difficult to bring extra shame on a seat represented by David Waddington, looks like Evans may be having a go.

No charges yet, tim.

The key question appears to me how rape can be committed over a period of time (Brunt a little confused over this but it appeared to be a period of years)?

Odd.
    Perhaps Tim could explain the Waddington reference, According to Wiki Waddington's defence team blundered badly in the case of Stephen Kiszko but why does that refect on the constituency?
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    AveryLP said:

tim said:

No charges yet, tim.

Odd.
    Maybe a recent accusation leading to an older one being made/taken more seriously.

• Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    Ribble Valley should be a big test for " One Nation " EdMillionaire. If he can't bag this one , he'll never be PM.
  • Options

Perhaps the Conservatives should draft Mr Tebbit as their candidate in Ribble, then they could follow up with a leadership election if the voters sent him to Westminster! :-)

• Options
    Hmmmm

The British National Party has urged its members to procreate after it lost every seat it contested in the English local elections on Thursday.

The BNP fielded 99 candidates but did not win a seat. It lost the one county council seat it held in Lancashire, leaving Nick Griffin's party with just two councillors.

In a post on the party's website, members are urged to have bigger families to counter large families had by non-Britons.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/may/04/bnp-members-breed-elections
  • Options
    peterbusspeterbuss Posts: 109
    There seems to be a load of inconsistency re when police release details of who has been arrested. Bill Roache's name only came out after he was charged.Only this week a Police Inspector being queastioned over fraud in the Force had his name protected by the polkice on the grounds that he had not been charged. Today Evans' name is plastered all over the media and yet he haas not actually been charged. We do need a consistent approach by the Police on this , otherwise they could be seen as acting in a biased way or carrying out theor own agenda.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,983
    Mr. Buss, I agree entirely.

The police's behaviour must both be and be seen to be pristine. Not unkempt.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Ribble Valley should be a big test for " One Nation " EdMillionaire. If he can't bag this one , he'll never be PM.

Total rubbish. Blair had a massive majority without Ribble Valley. If this is a must win for anyone it would be Cameron.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    peterbuss said:

There seems to be a load of inconsistency re when police release details of who has been arrested. Bill Roache's name only came out after he was charged.Only this week a Police Inspector being queastioned over fraud in the Force had his name protected by the polkice on the grounds that he had not been charged. Today Evans' name is plastered all over the media and yet he haas not actually been charged. We do need a consistent approach by the Police on this , otherwise they could be seen as acting in a biased way or carrying out theor own agenda.

Warwickshire police changed their policy, and did name the ex officer in the end

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/10035321/Warwickshire-police-blames-cuts-for-naming-policy-U-turn.html
  • Options
    BlueberryBlueberry Posts: 408
    Farage would surely run in the south east. He's from Westerham which is in Sevenoaks and therefore a bit too Tory. But heading west to the Kent coast or south to the retirement towns of Sussex, he'd likely get a victory.

• Options
    peterbuss said:

Bill Roache's name only came out after he was charged.

I don't think that's true. The news of his arrest broke in the morning and then he was charged after a day of questioning.
  • Options

Perhaps the Conservatives should draft Mr Tebbit as their candidate in Ribble,

You don't think this political 'titan' should be given another chance at some point? ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVnWLRVJkwM
    For comedy if for nothing else.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Jonathan said:

Total rubbish. Blair had a massive majority without Ribble Valley. If this is a must win for anyone it would be Cameron.

Blair in opposition would have walked this. Who's the real opposition now , UKIP or Labour ?

• Options
    Peter_2Peter_2 Posts: 146
    peterbuss Posts: 7
    8:22PM

NuLabour's stormtroopers have long been a law unto themselves.
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    TGOHF said:

i'm guessing Farage isn't a "details" man so having to deal with constituency stuff just yet might cramp him
  • Options
    ojcorbsojcorbs Posts: 30
    Farage will not run in a by-election. A by-election, especially one where there is focus on UKIP (as there would be in a hypothetical by-election in Ribble Valley) is an opportunity to give media exposure to other new faces in the party, as happens with Diane James and to a lesser extent Jane Collins and Richard Elvin.

Further, if Farage gets in he has to quit as an MEP, meaning he will be hedging a lot on being re-elected at the General Election in less than two years, a big gamble. If he waits till the General Election he will still be an MEP if he fails and probably have 4-5 years in Parliament at least if he succeeds.

Farage standing as a candidate now would be a terrible blunder for UKIP.
  • Options
    Carola said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

No charges yet, tim.

Odd.
    Maybe a recent accusation leading to an older one being made/taken more seriously.

The Mirror article linked to below is more specific than the Sky News report:

On the tiime period in which the offences were alleged to have been committed:

“The offences are alleged to have been committed in Pendleton between July 2009 and March 2013.

On the linkage between the two alleged victims:

Two men are believed to have made the allegations and given statements about the sex attacks to police last week.

A source said: “The two men went to police claiming that Nigel had attacked them. It came as a bolt from the blue when police turned up at his door yesterday morning and arrested him.

Still important to treat all unofficial sources of information as speculative.
  • Options

People say that about every blooming By-election. For very difficult ones, they at least qualify it as 'if they don't get at least x, it's a failure', to try and make the failure of another party seen lesser.

It never works.

• Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Looks like A Ribble Valley campaign for UKIP then. A Clitheroe kid to wipe the floor with the opposition is needed.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

TGOHF said:

Hmm, hasn't Farage been trying to emphasize local candidates for UKIP? If so, would it be in his general area?
    He's got the 2014 EU and local elections ahead. I'd be very surprised if he put himself forward as a candidate here.

• Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Well let's just hope that justice is done, one way or the other...
  • Options
    ojcorbs said:

Farage will not run in a by-election. A by-election, especially one where there is focus on UKIP (as there would be in a hypothetical by-election in Ribble Valley) is an opportunity to give media exposure to other new faces in the party, as happens with Diane James and to a lesser extent Jane Collins and Richard Elvin.

Further, if Farage gets in he has to quit as an MEP, meaning he will be hedging a lot on being re-elected at the General Election in less than two years, a big gamble. If he waits till the General Election he will still be an MEP if he fails and probably have 4-5 years in Parliament at least if he succeeds.

Farage standing as a candidate now would be a terrible blunder for UKIP.

Expect to see stories about him 'bottling it' if he doesn't nevertheless.

• Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:

Blair in opposition would have walked this. Who's the real opposition now , UKIP or Labour ?

Eh? Blair didn't win Ribble Valley in 1997.
  • Options
    Is there a record for the highest number of MPs imprisoned during the term of a parliament?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    O/T:

Just 5 homicides in London over the last 6 weeks:

http://www.murdermap.co.uk/Investigate.asp
  • Options
    If, if there is a by election, then I suspect farage wouldn't stand. A fairly well to do southern guy... no, better some working class rough I think.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    edited May 2013
    Ribble Valley District County Divisions

Ribble Valley NE Con 1970 UKIP 845 Lab 574 LD 231
    Ribble Valley SW Con 2129 Lab 565 LD 236
    Clitheroe: Con 1061 No Descr (UKIP 2010 GE candidate) 1016 LD 932 Lab 378
    Longridge with Bowland: Con 1932 Lab 626 LD 207

South Ribble District divsions

Bamber Bridge & Walton-le-Dale: Lab 1151 Con 1120 UKIP 594
    Farington: Con 980 Lab 958 UKIP 499 LD 107
    South Ribble Rural East: Con 1288 Lab 616 UKIP 557 Ind 505

+ Tardy Gate ward which is in a division with 2 wards from another constituency
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    We'll either get a by-election very quickly or not for a very considerable period of time (if at all). The latter is more likely. I wouldn't be rushing to place those UKIP bets just yet.
  • Options
    Blueberry said:

Farage would surely run in the south east. He's from Westerham which is in Sevenoaks and therefore a bit too Tory. But heading west to the Kent coast or south to the retirement towns of Sussex, he'd likely get a victory.

UKIP have apparently identified some target seats already. If Mr Farage does stand for Westminster in 2015, he'll pick a cert.

http://politicalbetting.vanillaforums.com/discussion/comment/31242/#Comment_31242
  • Options
    samsam Posts: 727
    edited May 2013
    Would be strange if Farage stood in any By Election prior to the euro elections next year. He has said many times that he wouldnt
  • Options
    Neither Labour not LDs can win a by-election in Ribble Valley. That means a lot of their supporters would vote UKIP to defeat the Tories.
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469
    I see Ladbrokes have suspended the UKIP price on Eastleigh on the next GE..

Not surprised...Lib Dems could be toast
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,262
    One of the inevitable consequences of results like Stewart Hall is that the police and the prosecuting authorities get more gung ho about bringing cases like this where there is almost certainly no forensic evidence.

We saw a similar effect on the expenses scandals where the police got more and more aggressive as juries happily convicted.

This case is too soon to be a direct effect but it does seem inevitable that one of the consequences of the Saville investigations is that a lot more of these cases will come forward.
  • Options
    itdoesntaddupitdoesntaddup Posts: 58
    edited May 2013
    If there is a vacancy as Deputy Speaker how might it be filled? A betting market?
  • Options
    In more important news, two weeks until the Eurovision song contest.

And hopefully you'll be getting a thread on it, by yours truly.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

I presume there's some mixing and matching going on in the assumption. That is, Blair in opposition would have walked a contest, in the current context, whereas Ed M would not.

Seems spurious.

• Options
    Jim Waterson ‏@jimwaterson
    Nice of @SimonDanczuk to go through past tweets deleting mentions of Nigel Evans MP before he's even charged.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BJcd76ICYAAeVWd.jpg
  • Options

If there iis a vacancy as Deputy Speaker how might it be filed? A betting market?

Elected by the whole house

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/briefings/snpc-05375.pdf
  • Options
    antifrank said:

We'll either get a by-election very quickly or not for a very considerable period of time (if at all). The latter is more likely. I wouldn't be rushing to place those UKIP bets just yet.

Agreed. Unless there is a plea this will be into next year. I really can't see why he would resign prior to conviction or plea. Even our former SoS for the Environment didn't.

• Options
    Jonathan said:

Jonathan said:

There is a danger for ed though. It should be Labour making all the running, and all the good news being about them. But it's not, it's ukip.

As said, the next two years could be not about him...at least in the eyes of the media
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,333
    Technically I don't think it's true that you can't be both an MEP and an MP. In practice of course it's not feasible to do both jobs sensibly, but it's like being London Mayor and an MP - you could maybe get away with it for a year or so without too much outrage.

Indeed, one could say it'd be an interesting challenge for Boris.
  • Options
    @TheScreamingEagles Avicii are working with Benny and Bjorn for Eurovision. Every other Eurovision story pales into insignificance by comparison with that.
  • Options

Is there a record for the highest number of MPs imprisoned during the term of a parliament?

Cromwell imprisoned the whole House.

• Options
    antifrank said:

@TheScreamingEagles Avicii are working with Benny and Bjorn for Eurovision. Every other Eurovision story pales into insignificance by comparison with that.

That's the basis of my thread.
  • Options
    CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    AveryLP said:

Carola said:

AveryLP said:

tim said:

No charges yet, tim.

Odd.

The Mirror article linked to below is more specific than the Sky News report:

On the tiime period in which the offences were alleged to have been committed:
    Ah. Well, I guess it's wait and see.

• Options
    Sorry if this has been linked to already, I have been out a lot of the day. A brilliant Matt (again): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/matt/
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    If Evans is innocent, or was cleared after a trial, could he sue Lancs Police?
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

If Evans is innocent, could he sue Lancs Police?

Not really.

They have a duty investigate all allegations made to them.

• Options
    Back to Tebbit, I know I'm not the first to say or think it, but I really don't see the logic of how promising a date for an EU referendum would draw people back to the Cameroon Tories, because Cameron still wants to be in the EU, and they don't. They'll like the opportunity to vote sooner, but won't thank the Cameroons for it.
  • Options
    Nick

The Euro double mandates had been banned in 2004 with sitting MEPs having a sunset clause until 2009. The government had to make a special law in the meantime for LibDem Baroness Ludford as the Euro law talked about National Parliaments including the House of Lords.
  • Options

If there iis a vacancy as Deputy Speaker how might it be filed? A betting market?

http://www.parliament.uk/documents/commons/lib/research/briefings/snpc-05375.pdf
    I think you mistook my intention: who would be the runners and riders, at what odds?
  • Options
    John Rentoul has found a bad news angle for Ed Miliband (no surprise there):

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/05/04/labour-lost-more-votes-than-tories-as-ukip-surged/
  • Options
    antifrank said:

John Rentoul has found a bad news angle for Ed Miliband (no surprise there):

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2013/05/04/labour-lost-more-votes-than-tories-as-ukip-surged/

A bit naughty of them to compare apples to oranges.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    edited May 2013
    I wonder if he will name the former Labour MP at some point.
    Nigel Evans came out as gay in 2010 after revealing that he was ‘tired of living a lie’.
    The Deputy Speaker of the Commons revealed that he had received threats of blackmail in the past from political enemies who wanted to expose him, including a former Labour MP.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319485/BREAKING-NEWS-Deputy-speaker-Nigel-Evans-arrested-suspicion-rape-sexual-assault-men.html#ixzz2SM5CXfg5

• Options

I think you mistook my intention: who would be the runners and riders, at what odds?
    Well it would have to be someone from the Tory side.

I don't think was a market last time for Deputy Speakers.

• Options

Nick

The Euro double mandates had been banned in 2004 with sitting MEPs having a sunset clause until 2009. The government had to make a special law in the meantime for LibDem Baroness Ludford as the Euro law talked about National Parliaments including the House of Lords.

If numb-skulls like the Kinnocks can manage multiple EU and UK jobs simultaneously , I'm sure Farage will cope.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1192894/Revealed-How-Kinnocks-enjoyed-astonishing-10m-ride-EU-gravy-train.html
  • Options

A solution to the Dorries question?
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,203
    timmo said:

Why?
  • Options

A job for another Etonian then...
  • Options
    Meanwhile, in a personal report from Budapest, the police were out in force for this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-22413301

Anti-Semitic views are depressingly easy to find in Hungary, but on a low level basis. As the report said, the numbers involved were relatively small. Meanwhile, "shalom" was being heard regularly on the streets without any obvious nervousness.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,977
    edited May 2013
    I know Paul Nuttal's from Liverpool, but isn't that close enough for Ribble Valley?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I see the Mail is playing it down on the front pages with the usual Dacre 'style'.

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/77701/the_mail_on_sunday_saturday_4th_may_2013.html

Independent's front page is pretty funny though. ;)

• Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469

timmo said:

Why?
    Because its becoming obvious that the Tories will vote tactically in Eastleigh for UKIP. To kick the Lib Dems out.
    It's the old Lib Dem trick turned on them...what lovely irony
  • Options
    @Mick_Pork

Evans is on the DM website - in between two fit young women and David Cameron.
  • Options
    Deputy Speaker election 2010

First preferences

Nigel Evans (Con) 124
    Lindsay Hoyle (Lab) 90
    Dawn Primarolo (Lab) 76
    Geoffrey Clifton-Brown (Con) 57
    Roger Gale (Con) 48
    Tom Clarke (Lab) 47
    George Howarth (Lab) 40
    Anne McIntosh (Con) 24
    Marsha Singh (Lab) 9

Singh eliminated. Transfers:
    2 each to Clarke, Gale, Hoyle, 1 each to McIntosh, Howarth, Primarolo

Transfers from McIntosh:
    10 to Hoyle, 4 to Evans, 4 to CB, 3 to Gale, 1 to Clarke and Howarth. 2 Non Transferables

Transfers from Howarth:
    16 to Primarolo, 9 to Clarke, 6 to Hoyle, 5 to Evans, 4 to CB, 2 to Gale

Evans reaches the quota and is elected.

Clifton Brown and Gale are eliminated as they are from government's side.
    Transfers from them
    53 to Hoyle, 35 to Primarolo, 9 to Clarke. 23 Not Transferables

Hoyle and Primarolo are elected.

• Options

A job for another Etonian then...
    Surely, not.

Deputy posts must be filled with Harrovians, Westminsters and Paulines.

At least David Davis would be satisfied.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Mick_Pork said:

I see the Mail is playing it down on the front pages with the usual Dacre 'style'.

http://www.politicshome.com/uk/article/77701/the_mail_on_sunday_saturday_4th_may_2013.html

Independent's front page is pretty funny though. ;)

it's first news here too...
    http://www.repubblica.it/
    http://www.lastampa.it/

but only second item on Corriere
    http://www.corriere.it/
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

@Mick_Pork

Evans is on the DM website - in between two fit young women and David Cameron

Indeed. Huge splash. It's a Dacre dream story. ;)

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Ribble Valley was one of only two seats the Tories lost in by-elections during the 1990s but then held/won back in 1997. The other was Christchurch.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Ribble Valley was one of only two seats the Tories lost in by-elections during the 1990s but then held/won back in 1997. The other was Christchurch.

Eastbourne should be on that list.
  • Options
    @mick_pork

Might not get past some parental controls due to all that uncovered flesh.
This discussion has been closed.