Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Sunak should be looking for a new Home Secretary – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,685
edited January 1 in General
Sunak should be looking for a new Home Secretary – politicalbetting.com

The Home Secretary joked about date raping women and his defence is that journalists shouldn’t have reported it because it was a private conversation in number 10 (at a seemingly well attended reception). Good a journalist had the gumption to report it https://t.co/MKpdXtTp23

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    This is not how I expected to spend Christmas Eve.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    edited December 2023
    Crass remarks indeed. The kind of thing you hear everyday in a kind of “my missus/mother in law” way, but not really what you expect from senior politicians

What did George Osborne say about Theresa May? Chop her up and put her in his freezer? I was always surprised he didn’t get more stick for it. Alastair Meeks and I argued about it on here at the time, I was surprised that he thought it was fair comment
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, still better than window shopping.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 3,990

He should be sacked! Today! Totally unacceptable comments. I thought Cleverly was not as bad as some of the rest of the cabinet. It seems he is as out of touch as the rest of them. If a party was to include a ban on misogyny in their manifesto it would deserve the votes of all women.
  • Options
    isam said:

Crass remarks indeed. The kind of thing you hear everyday in a kind of “my missus/mother in law” way, but not really what you expect from senior politicians

What did George Osborne say about Theresa May? Chop her up and put her in his freezer? I was always surprised he didn’t get more stick for it. Alastair Meeks and I argued about it on here at the time, I was surprised that he thought it was fair comment

What a horrible comment.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    I didn't even realise Cleverly was Home Secretary to be honest.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    The "joke" was pretty asinine.
  • Options

isam said:

What a horrible comment.
    He was no longer an MP when he made it mind you

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/13/george-osborne-criticised-for-gruesome-remarks-against-theresa-may
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,249

Were you expecting it to be about pigs' mouths again?
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

What a horrible comment.
    He was no longer an MP when he made it mind you

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/sep/13/george-osborne-criticised-for-gruesome-remarks-against-theresa-may
    Still vile.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

I have plans to watch Die Hard tonight.
  • Options
    When was the last "I loused up, and resigning is the most honourable thing I can do" resignation?

Does Matt Hancock count?
  • Options

ydoethur said:

I have plans to watch Die Hard tonight.
    Have you ordered the pineapple pizza to go with it?
  • Options

When was the last "I loused up, and resigning is the most honourable thing I can do" resignation?

Does Matt Hancock count?

Liz Truss.
  • Options

Does Matt Hancock count?

Not a minister, but Allegra Stratton might fit the case.
  • Options

Does Matt Hancock count?

Hmmm was it before or after the last time anyone on here said “you know what, you’ve convinced me - I got that wrong” ?
  • Options
    Please make it stop. This government just needs to leave office.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,311
    edited December 2023
    He should be sacked for such crass comments, especially as he is Home Secretary, but I doubt he will

Just another example of a government's end days and the only question is whether it will be in May or October
  • Options
    From reading PB today, you would have thought Keir Starmer would have been PM for the last four years and is responsible for all the country's problems.
  • Options

From reading PB today, you would have thought Keir Starmer would have been PM for the last four years and is responsible for all the country's problems.

We should keep a tally if he becomes PM, what the PB Tories here blame him for.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,628

Perhaps it is fear of Keir that is driving them insane ?
  • Options
    You can always be especially idiosyncratic and have pizza and margarita shooters.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOq0T980x8E
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,625
    James "Not Very" Cleverly

Or James Stupidly, if you prefer.
  • Options
    My wife has suggested using cranberry sauce as a festive pizza topping.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    I don't think Cleverly should be sacked actually. Well certainly not for this. I expect he'll apologise for such a poor taste joke, and that should be the end of it.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,658

My wife has suggested using cranberry sauce as a festive pizza topping.

I don't think it goes with pineapple...
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,794
    I note in passing PBs usual debate when somebody says something: people debate as to whether the person should keep their job ("free speech!", "cancel culture"!) or lose it ("this is offensive!" "They must go!"), and after a while go on to something else. I think the best point I can make is that we are inconsistent in such things and that the world we have built involves large groups of people discussing remarks of individual politicians in a way that would have been impossible in the past. Whatever you think of this it is certainly a big change.

My usual tag applies: #PBfreespeech
  • Options
    Lost on the first Christmas punt.

I couldn't risk it, so paid full price for my turkey on Friday now marked down to half price. 😒

On the other hand picked up a goose marked down 50%, so likely protein overload by New Year...
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,567
    edited December 2023
    Foxy said:

I couldn't risk it, so paid full price for my turkey on Friday now marked down to half price. 😒

On the other hand picked up a goose marked down 50%, so likely protein overload by New Year...

If it's a loose goose, perhaps fat not protein :smile: . Speaking from my experience of home grown, slaughtered (avoiding details of method), plucked and eaten geese.

Just back from Morrisons who are selling biggish bags of sprouts at 19p. So I hope they improve, like lasagne, for being frozen for a month.

But it does remind me of this important historical political video. I can imagine certain Tories doing this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HEFmFOlSaQ
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,997
    Foxy said:

First year for ages we haven’t bought a turkey. We’re going out to Christmas lunch at one of our local pubs. Plus Son-in-law and Eldest Granddaughter.
    Only downside is there’ll be nothing cold on Boxing Day!
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Round here everywhere is rammed like Jeremy Corbyn's train. Could not get into Waitrose or M&S so back to Sainsbury's and even that was a long queue.
  • Options
    isam said:

Does Matt Hancock count?

Hmmm was it before or after the last time anyone on here said “you know what, you’ve convinced me - I got that wrong” ?
    Me, twice: once on AV (it is possible to modify FPTP to achieve a similar goal) and reform of the House of Lords ( it should be a house of guilds and professions. This may be the only time a Spectator article has changed my mind!).
  • Options
    edited December 2023

viewcode said:

I note in passing PBs usual debate when somebody says something: people debate as to whether the person should keep their job ("free speech!", "cancel culture"!) or lose it ("this is offensive!" "They must go!"), and after a while go on to something else. I think the best point I can make is that we are inconsistent in such things and that the world we have built involves large groups of people discussing remarks of individual politicians in a way that would have been impossible in the past. Whatever you think of this it is certainly a big change.

Please stop talking moderation and balanced judgement.

In my judgement, Cleverly is an arse and has obviously forgotten that it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, rather than to speak and prove it.
    I think I agree with this.

• Options
    Foxy said:

Our goose was "marked down" 50% in the sense that it was 50% lighter than the one we ordered. Something to do with the "terrible' weather. At least we won't have to eat it all over again on Boxing Day.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

isam said:

Does Matt Hancock count?

Me, twice: once on AV (it is possible to modify FPTP to achieve a similar goal) and reform of the House of Lords ( it should be a house of guilds and professions. This may be the only time a Spectator article has changed my mind!).
    I changed my mind on Gay marriage because of debates on here.

• Options
    MattW said:

viewcode said:

In my judgement, Cleverly is an arse and has obviously forgotten that it is better to keep silent and be thought a fool, rather than to speak and prove it.

Is that reCaptcha? Tick every box with an idiot in it.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,272
    isam said:

Does Matt Hancock count?

That has happened surprisingly often. Bartholomew has done so at least once this past year, and he's normally one of the more tenacious debaters on the site.
  • Options

isam said:

Does Matt Hancock count?

That has happened surprisingly often. Bartholomew has done so at least once this past year, and he's normally one of the more tenacious debaters on the site.
    ...and absent a lot these days. Is he OK?
  • Options
    edited December 2023

MattW said:

viewcode said:

The effects include impaired judgement and confusion, so perhaps he downed the wrong glass.
  • Options
    Implications of the end of American hegemony and globalisation, part x of a series of lots.

https://nitter.net/LoicTheStoic/status/1738132369800888654#m

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    No doubt Insulting to his wife and ignorant but if we're talking about resignation I wouldn't hold your breath. The previous Home Secretary survived all of these........and I know which of the two I find most damaging to the Office and to the country.

"I would love to have a front page of the Telegraph with a plane taking off to Rwanda, that's my dream, it's my obsession."

"Tofu eating wokerati"

"The British people deserve to know which party is serious about stopping the invasion on our southern coast."

"There are 100 million people around the world who could qualify for protection under our current laws. Let us be clear - they are coming here."

"We cannot allow our streets to be taken over by rows of tents occupied by people, many of them from abroad, living on the streets as a lifestyle choice."

"There's only one way to describe those marches (in support of Gaza) they are hate marches."
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Channel 4 is offering up "Mog's Christmas" this evening. I'm guessing that it is similar to A Christmas Carol, but at the the Cratchit family gets sent to the workhouse.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,427

MattW said:

viewcode said:

Probably….

• Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,311
    Foxy said:

viewcode said:

isam said:

Does Matt Hancock count?

Seriously? What's your position now.
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,283

MattW said:

viewcode said:

I thought it might be for royal babies?
  • Options
    I picked up a virus a few days ago - I suspect in the pub after work on Monday as the colleague I was with also came down with something. On Friday I was feeling particularly rough, but am now improving, so I should be well enough to attend the family gathering hosted by one of my brothers in law.

I will leave it to PBers to determine whether I consider this to be a good thing or not.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    isam said:

Does Matt Hancock count?

You once said that, with regards to lawyers for people accused of terrorist atrocities, so it does happen.

• Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,311
    But I'm with Cookie. Out and about today Greggs was ram packed.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    I never call on people to be sacked, or pressed to resign. It just feels wrong to me, like being a cruel baying mob.

I think he will survive because this broke just before Christmas, though its probably done for his leadership candidacy. Not just the crass joke, but the attitude behind it.
    TOPPING said:

Foxy said:

viewcode said:

isam said:

Does Matt Hancock count?

Seriously? What's your position now.
    In favour.
  • Options
    theProletheProle Posts: 948

Here's a thing.

PBers may recall that at the December timetable change, Trans-Pennine Express (controlled by the Government) cut the number of services crossing the Pennines, and withdrew their entire fleet of Mark 5a carriages from service (despite still paying the leasing costs on them until May). Well now it looks like they could be making a comeback - with Chiltern, operating services between London Marylebone and Birmingham.

Yet another example of Levelling that Up.

To describe dumping those piles of scrap on Chiltern as "leveling up" is fairly accurate. It will be imposing unwanted scrap from the North on the Southeners.

It makes sense at a certain level, because Chiltern are already running class 68s + LHCS, but the MK5a fleet is so appallingly unreliable that it will be a massive downgrade from the Mk3 sets currently in use.

(all the available evidence from every form of replacement tried to date suggests that a MK3 is the ultimate railway carriage, and the DfT should simply have insisted on builting more MK3s, and a mixture of diesel and electric equivalents to the HST power cars, rather than the IEP, the Mk5a, and similar)
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

Does Matt Hancock count?

Liz Truss.
    That requires Liz Truss not resigning to have been an option.
  • Options

viewcode said:

Alongside his ‘shithole’ comment (which it seems likely he then lied about), I think a spell on the backbenches would do him some good.
  • Options
    Ratcliffe buys 25% of Man Utd confirmed and has control of all football operations
  • Options
  • Options
    spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,308

Ratcliffe buys 25% of Man Utd confirmed and has control of all football operations

so he's got all of the responsibilities with none of the control to make things improve.
  • Options
    theProle said:

Here's a thing.

PBers may recall that at the December timetable change, Trans-Pennine Express (controlled by the Government) cut the number of services crossing the Pennines, and withdrew their entire fleet of Mark 5a carriages from service (despite still paying the leasing costs on them until May). Well now it looks like they could be making a comeback - with Chiltern, operating services between London Marylebone and Birmingham.

Yet another example of Levelling that Up.

To describe dumping those piles of scrap on Chiltern as "leveling up" is fairly accurate. It will be imposing unwanted scrap from the North on the Southeners.

It makes sense at a certain level, because Chiltern are already running class 68s + LHCS, but the MK5a fleet is so appallingly unreliable that it will be a massive downgrade from the Mk3 sets currently in use.

(all the available evidence from every form of replacement tried to date suggests that a MK3 is the ultimate railway carriage, and the DfT should simply have insisted on builting more MK3s, and a mixture of diesel and electric equivalents to the HST power cars, rather than the IEP, the Mk5a, and similar)
    There is nothing wrong with the Mark 5a sets. The problem was that TPE are incapable of running a reliable rail service.
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,956
    Roger said:

"We cannot allow our streets to be taken over by rows of tents occupied by people, many of them from abroad, living on the streets as a lifestyle choice."

• Options
    spudgfshspudgfsh Posts: 1,308
    TOPPING said:

people buying christmas dinner at greggs?
  • Options
    isam said:
    “ResoluteUntrustworthy” and “UselessHonest” are interesting categories.
  • Options

James "Not Very" Cleverly

Or James Stupidly, if you prefer.

"The Standing at the Back Dressed Stupidly and Looking Stupid Party"
  • Options
    @RedfieldWilton
    Labour is more trusted than the Conservatives on EVERY policy issue prompted.

Which party do voters trust most on...?

(Labour | Conservatives)

NHS (40% | 19%)
    Housing (36% | 20%)
    Education (35% | 22%)
    Immigration (30% | 23%)
    Economy (33% | 28%)
    Ukraine (28% | 27%)
  • Options
    isam said:

My name's Sunil Prasannan, and I endorse this message.
  • Options
    isam said:
    Surely he'd have the self awareness to be at least a bit embarrassed by "perfect"
  • Options

Note the one at the very bottom...
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

TOPPING said:

people buying christmas dinner at greggs?
    You can never have too many vegan sausage rolls!
  • Options
    For Rishi to be labelled as weak and useless is an interesting reversal.

SKS has successfully improved his image.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

He must send too many Tweets.
  • Options
    spudgfsh said:

so he's got all of the responsibilities with none of the control to make things improve.
    Apparently he is investing a quarter of a billion of his own money and Ineos will control all football matters

He is also in line to progressively purchase the rest of the club from the Glazers
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

Gosh.

There's some really strange people about. 'Wise?'
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

His Good is as big as Starmer's, but they haven't put it in the middle
  • Options
    ajbajb Posts: 122
    edited December 2023
    These are vile remarks, and certainly worsen my opinion of his character. Although, the abrupt disruption of families relying on spousal visas eliminated most of my hope that we might actually have got a home secretary with a conscience.
    Still, given how viscious the previous two home secs were, I'm a bit apprehensive about how rabid his replacement might be. Any thoughts on who the Sunak might appoint?

• Options

Scott_xP said:

It’s on the right, naturally.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

He's always been a bit further to the right.
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,211
    MattW said:

Foxy said:

If it's a loose goose, perhaps fat not protein :smile: . Speaking from my experience of home grown, slaughtered (avoiding details of method), plucked and eaten geese.

Just back from Morrisons who are selling biggish bags of sprouts at 19p. So I hope they improve, like lasagne, for being frozen for a month.

But it does remind me of this important historical political video. I can imagine certain Tories doing this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HEFmFOlSaQ
    Sprouts don't freeze well. Stick them in the garage or porch instead.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@RedfieldWilton

(Labour | Conservatives)

NHS (40% | 19%)
    Housing (36% | 20%)
    Education (35% | 22%)
    Immigration (30% | 23%)
    Economy (33% | 28%)
    Ukraine (28% | 27%)

At what point do we say it's worse than 1997?

I suppose we'll have to start calling SKS "good", instead of "weak" as that is what the public now thinks. It seems that it is PB Tories who are out of touch and us left wing scum have a handle on where public opinion is.
  • Options
    Interesting fact about the Houthis: They literally use the Nazi salute, *because* it's the Nazi salute.
    https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/status/1738467609342046620

Is this true ?
    They’re certainly avowedly antisemitic.
  • Options
    Just off the phone with a friend who I planned to invite for a meal during the week.

It seems he caught COVID at his own gym's Christmas Party, so he's self-isolating throughout.

He'll be feeling like MUD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6kJ7GWtv0
  • Options
    I have to confess to a degree of schadenfreude,

The DeSantis campaign gets a pre-mortem
    https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2023/12/24/the-desantis-campaign-gets-a-pre-mortem-00133164
    .. — On spending priorities: “Federal records show that, by the time of the Iowa caucuses, the DeSantis campaign is on pace to spend significantly more on private jets — the governor’s preferred mode of travel — than on airing television ads.”

— On the knives out for him: “Remarkably, in a race [DONALD] TRUMP has dominated for eight months, it is Mr. DeSantis who has sustained the most negative advertising — nearly $35 million in super PAC attacks as of Saturday, more than Mr. Trump and every other G.O.P. contender combined.”

— On puzzling strategy decisions: “Never Back Down bragged about knocking on two million doors by September — but more than 700,000 were households outside the key early states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.”

— On disagreements between the PAC and campaign: “Some of the money was saved by not running digital ads. Never Back Down has paid for only a single Facebook ad, in South Carolina, since late September and nothing on Google or YouTube since the end of October, maddening the campaign team.”

This quote pretty much sums it up: “If the great promise of the DeSantis candidacy was Trump without the baggage, STUART STEVENS, a top strategist on MITT ROMNEY’s 2012 presidential campaign, said that what Republicans got instead was ‘TED CRUZ without the personality.….

The last line is quite the political obituary.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,786
    edited December 2023
    Scott_xP said:

@RedfieldWilton

(Labour | Conservatives)

NHS (40% | 19%)
    Housing (36% | 20%)
    Education (35% | 22%)
    Immigration (30% | 23%)
    Economy (33% | 28%)
    Ukraine (28% | 27%)

The one to watch is clearly the economy. Hunt seems like a pretty good chancellor so far, but we'll almost certainly never know because he's, by inheritance, bad news only. Reeves is clearly Labour's brightest economic spark ever (I know that Brown has his fans, but they're plain wrong), and as Starmer will undoubtedly have no money it'll be interesting how she fares.

I can't see very much difference between the parties' policies now anyway.
  • Options
    On topic, I don’t often say this but @tse is right - it is a distasteful joke anyway but he is HS and it is unacceptable.

TBF, Sunak also needs to go - I think he gets challenged in Q1
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Nigelb said:

I have to confess to a degree of schadenfreude,

The DeSantis campaign gets a pre-mortem
    https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2023/12/24/the-desantis-campaign-gets-a-pre-mortem-00133164
    .. — On spending priorities: “Federal records show that, by the time of the Iowa caucuses, the DeSantis campaign is on pace to spend significantly more on private jets — the governor’s preferred mode of travel — than on airing television ads.”

— On the knives out for him: “Remarkably, in a race [DONALD] TRUMP has dominated for eight months, it is Mr. DeSantis who has sustained the most negative advertising — nearly $35 million in super PAC attacks as of Saturday, more than Mr. Trump and every other G.O.P. contender combined.”

— On puzzling strategy decisions: “Never Back Down bragged about knocking on two million doors by September — but more than 700,000 were households outside the key early states of Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina.”

— On disagreements between the PAC and campaign: “Some of the money was saved by not running digital ads. Never Back Down has paid for only a single Facebook ad, in South Carolina, since late September and nothing on Google or YouTube since the end of October, maddening the campaign team.”

This quote pretty much sums it up: “If the great promise of the DeSantis candidacy was Trump without the baggage, STUART STEVENS, a top strategist on MITT ROMNEY’s 2012 presidential campaign, said that what Republicans got instead was ‘TED CRUZ without the personality.….

The last line is quite the political obituary.

To misquote Blackadder, is that why he tried to fight on issues, not personalities?

Although it's not his campaign that's cheated, of course (at least, not so far as I know).
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946
    edited December 2023
    MattW said:

Just off the phone with a friend who I planned to invite for a meal during the week.

It seems he caught COVID at his own gym's Christmas Party, so he's self-isolating throughout.

He'll be feeling like MUD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJ6kJ7GWtv0

Snap! Been doing the same since Tuesday! I think I got it at a Christmas party too.

Incidentally, exact same symptoms (albeit in a slightly milder form) as I had in December 2019. We've pushed Xmas plans back a couple of days...
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Too relaxed to comment on political issues. House is tidy, presents wrapped, been to the butcher, done the Santa run in Wythenshawe Park, Tesco delivery been and put away. First tranche of extended family arriving in 15 mins. Just calling in to wish you a happy Christmas. You're all splendid people, and we have far more in common than we have to divide us.

Couldn't agree more! Happy Christmas Cookie, and all!
  • Options

Will we have a Christmas Miracle where Cleverley realises that his position is untenable and resigns?
  • Options

Will we have a Christmas Miracle where Cleverley realises that his position is untenable and resigns?
    It's waaaaaay more likely TSE will declare Die Hard is a Christmas film before announcing his election as President of the Max Verstappen Fan Club.
  • Options
    Are we having the usual present tomorrow? Will Santa @MikeSmithson and the elves @TSE and @rcs1000 be bringing us the Xmas Crossword Of Impossibility And Puns?
  • Options

Who will lose their job first? Ten Hag or Cleverley?
  • Options
    MJWMJW Posts: 1,354
    Reflecting on the thread I think it's fairly spot on. One doesn't want to pearl clutch, we need to be able to joke about the darkest and most inappropriate things at times. But there's context and your role, and it's such an incredibly stupid thing for a Home Secretary to do in public at an event. Not least because it gives the act a veneer of acceptability as not that serious.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,856
    Afternoon all :)

Ready for Christmas at Stodge Towers - we'll have the usual family call to Mrs Stodge's kin in New Zealand this evening and then I'll be in charge of the Christmas dinner - beef this year with all the trimmings. I'm keeping it simple as others on here seem to do a day's work before lunch (or indeed dinner).

It's a day of rest before the real work of trying to find some winners on Boxing Day.

Cleverly may be fortunate this has come out so close to Christmas and most won't notice - had it been another time he'd be in real trouble. I'm also of the view had these remarks come from a Labour Home Secretary, the pitchforks would be closing in on Downing Street.

It might be unfair to claim, pace Lady Bracknell, losing one Home Secretary might be considered unfortunate but to lose two might be considered careless but the fact remains Sunak can probably ill afford another Cabinet crisis so soon after his last enforced reshuffle. Unfortunately, the comments will follow Cleverly like a bad smell and raises the obvious questions as to why the Conservatives keeping choosing such obvious liabilities for the hugely important job of Home Secretary.
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    There has always been a lovely tradition on pbCOM of heart warming Xmas messages.

It all seems a bit of a struggle to embrace those political numpties across the Isle and their really irritating and nauseating Cheerleaders on this site...that said, I'll take a deep breath, and wish everyone a lovely Xmas, even those Morons who voted Brexit and cling to the Tory oafs and vandals in power...

• Options
    tyson said:

There has always been a lovely tradition on pbCOM of heart warming Xmas messages.

It all seems a bit of a struggle to embrace those political numpties across the Isle and their really irritating and nauseating Cheerleaders on this site...that said, I'll take a deep breath, and wish everyone a lovely Xmas, even those Morons who voted Brexit and cling to the Tory oafs and vandals in power...

Merry Christmas Tyson - never change!
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,197

He should be sacked for such crass comments, especially as he is Home Secretary, but I doubt he will

Just another example of a government's end days and the only question is whether it will be in May or October

I think an apology will suffice, there aren't many candidates left from which to replace him, unless of course Rishi goes full TSE and appoints Lord Osborne HS
  • Options
    Christmas Cookie takes the Yuletide Biscuit!

(IF there IS such a thing as a YB?)

IIRC, at one time in his semi-misspent youth, Dr. Foxy was a Christmas Cracker.

(Cracker - oldtime slang for White person from State of Georgia)
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,787

We should keep a tally if he becomes PM, what the PB Tories here blame him for.
    No: more efficient to record what they *don't* blame him for.
  • Options
    IF you discover that current North Dakota Governor and alleged Republican POTUS hopeful Doug Burgum is getting stuck in to your chimney, sure sign that Santa Claus is on his way!

Do you know WHY???
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

tyson said:

Merry Christmas Tyson - never change!
    Merry Christmas all, without reservation.

Let hostilities recommence, appropriately, on Boxing Day.
This discussion has been closed.