Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

One of these tweets is a spoof, can you guess which one? – politicalbetting.com

124»

Comments

• Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,941
    Lib Dem hold in Leicestershire. Big drop in Con vote.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,028
    isam said:

Nigelb said:

isam said:

Nigelb said:

isam said:

isam said:

isam said:

It looks like Starmer is about to get into trouble for lack of action on Saville. There was an open file on Saville, but was closed when Starmer was in charge of the DPP, and the defence he’s trying to use is that he didn’t know anything about it or what was going on.

One of the problems with being in charge of departments for any length of time is things are going to go wrong, especially in the area of public prosecutions where we know as fact innocent people get banged up and guilty remain free at times. Your work is re-evaluated in hindsight.

But Starmer is going to need a stronger reply than the “I was in charge , yes, but I wasn’t told” line his team has preemptively slipped The Guardian.

He can’t use that given what he expected of Boris re partygate, but I don’t think this line of attack will work.

His Achilles heels are his inconsistent ‘principles’ and difficulty keeping to commitments/pledges; there’s ample evidence of it, loads of videos on X/Twitter. I’m sure interviewers will go big on that in the campaign and he will get flustered, whereas he has all his answers worked out with the Savile accusations

Clip of the flippety flops

https://x.com/timmyvoe240886/status/1703030484995842357?s=46&t=CW4pL-mMpTqsJXCdjW0Z6Q
    You are weirdly obsessed with Keir Starmer.
    Not really. This is a political debating site, he is leader of the opposition who I don’t think much of. Plenty of people did exactly the same about with Boris Johnson. If I were banging on about something nothing to do with politics or betting m, that would be weird

Someone who claims to have mental health problems calling someone else ‘weirdly
    obsessed’ is the weird thing to me
    Rather, you are strangely persistent with attacks that have no purchase.
    Why is it strange to be persistent? That is a particularly odd thing to say on here of all places.

The inconsistencies with criticisms of Boris/defences of Sir Keir occur daily, so I mention them
    I’ve no problems with persistence, but they’re not attacks which have much salience, was my point.
    We’ll see how he deals with it when put under the microscope in the campaign. But the question being asked is ‘How Will the Tories attack
    Starmer?’ or ‘Is it right to use his record as DPP as a weapon?’ I presume you don’t think the Savile/Qatada line is valid either, so what would you suggest?
    I’m more interested to see whether he steps up in government.
    I’m not really among his fans, but he’s both likely to win, and a less unpalatable choice than the present bunch.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,195
    isam said:

Andy_JS said:

Just for the record, I was one of the people that said continuously that isam should be allowed back.

Why was he banned? I've been off the site for a while.
    I think for posting pictures that AI had produced. Seems a bit petty to me, no one is complaining… hopefully he will be back in the morning.
    @Leon totally overwhelmed a bunch of threads a year ago, so he agreed to post no more than one AI image a day.

I'm sure he'll be unbanned tomorrow.
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,183

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDC-FYYqYFU

Angela is going to be a serious asset to the next Labour Government. A real super-star, the 2024 John Prescott.

She's certainly grown on me.

She is often compared to Prescott but she seems to me to actually have more about her.

Watched the first couple of minutes. Saved for another day. She’s impressive in a really unorthodox way.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

Contrary to my prediction, the Tories won my local by-election, on a 22% turnout.

Wight privilege rears its ugly head yet again.
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,105
    edited December 2023
    Well I had a nice birthday today/yesterday. Went to see Witness For The Prosecution with some family members. Excellent. Dinner at San Pietro, Kensington.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,028
    Btw, the Kdrama Death’s Game is very good.
    (Amazon prime)
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,262
    Andy_JS said:

Well I had a nice birthday today/yesterday. Went to see Witness For The Prosecution with some family members. Excellent. Dinner at San Pietro, Kensington.

Happy Birthday!

Menu looks good, and good value. But £9 for 175ml of house wine? Blimey.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,129
    edited December 2023
    Nigelb said:

Big #AI discovery: a new structural class of antibiotics (the last one took 38 years) with multiple compounds effective vs methicillin-resistant Staph aureus, without toxicity @Nature
    https://nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06887-8

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1737505177052348545

Goodness me, is that real? That's going to save thousands of lives a year.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,129
    "Hey, AI? Build me a remake of 2001 in the style of a Fritz Lang film made in 1927"
    "Sure thing: 95-second trailer OK?"
    "Fine. Thank you for your work"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dq4pdiSPxcc

(incidentally, if the guy had known about German Expressionism, the shadows would have been more impressive. :) )

• Options
    StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,162
    viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

Big #AI discovery: a new structural class of antibiotics (the last one took 38 years) with multiple compounds effective vs methicillin-resistant Staph aureus, without toxicity @Nature
    https://nature.com/articles/s41586-023-06887-8

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1737505177052348545

Goodness me, is that real? That's going to save thousands of lives a year.
    We have lots of new antibiotics. The US government screwed up with their treat of Tygacil and that hamstrung research for many years.

But the issue is that lots of companies thought they could market an existing chemical class with a minor tweak (the Destiny model) and the docs wouldn’t play as most of the things the company idea saw as an USP (eg potassium monitoring) were something the docs were comfortable with so wouldn’t pay a premium to avoid
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,481
    Nobody posted since 4.20. Do you lot think you are on holiday or something? Get out of your beds!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

Andy_JS said:

Just for the record, I was one of the people that said continuously that isam should be allowed back.

I think for posting pictures that AI had produced. Seems a bit petty to me, no one is complaining… hopefully he will be back in the morning.
    @Leon totally overwhelmed a bunch of threads a year ago, so he agreed to post no more than one AI image a day.

Free the AI One!
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,944

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

Andy_JS said:

Free the AI One!
    Have a look at this to keep yourself going in the uncanny valley:

"I asked AI to draw the Beatles drinking the platonic ideal of a cup of tea and it's invented an additional Beatle and I can't decide which one isn't the real Beatle."

https://twitter.com/robmanuel/status/1737519063067246818?t=fGqWbyLoiWMWxvyqnbQBGg&s=19
  • Options
    StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,162
    Foxy said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

Andy_JS said:

Free the AI One!
    Have a look at this to keep yourself going in the uncanny valley:

"I asked AI to draw the Beatles drinking the platonic ideal of a cup of tea and it's invented an additional Beatle and I can't decide which one isn't the real Beatle."

https://twitter.com/robmanuel/status/1737519063067246818?t=fGqWbyLoiWMWxvyqnbQBGg&s=19
    To be fair, the amount of bullshit ChatGPT comes up with in that thread to avoid admitting it made a mistake is … almost human
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    CiceroCicero Posts: 2,311

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

Andy_JS said:

Free the AI One!
    Given the number of aliases he has used, I think "free the AI nine" would be better.
This discussion has been closed.