Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Things to put on the side of a bus? – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• Options
    swing_voterswing_voter Posts: 1,437
    ydoethur said:

Pulpstar said:

Andy_JS said:

What do people think of Javier Milei?

A Thatcher admiring anarcho capitalist, keen on Ukraine and Israel. Then there's a piece in Foreign Affairs saying he wants to destroy democracy from within.

He likes Thatcher but still thinks Argentina should control the Falklands. Interesting combination.
    Hasn't every Argentine leader said that for the last 40 years though ? Sabre rattling for domestic consumption, their real battle always is Argentina's inevitably horrendous finances.
    They are taught in school that not only are the islands Argentinian but the people speak Spanish and are forced to stay with Britain against their will.

It came as a real shock to the Argentine conscripts in 1982 to find nobody understood a word they said and that they were all so hated.
    whats more concerning is that many countries (even allies) view the Falklands as a colonial anomaly and arent minded to go out of their way to support UK sovereignty
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,536
    edited December 2023

ydoethur said:

carnforth said:

What's all this about the SNP and a 95k Jag
    It's in the Spectatir but I am not a subscriber so cannot read it.

Nicola Sturgeon’s husband Peter Murrell investigated over £95k car

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a4812e63-b424-4eca-aac7-e13cae0ba281?shareToken=46b4697c693c75a3f17dc9fc086687ea
    He absolutely should be.

What sort of idiot would pay £95k for a piece of junk like a Jag?
    WeBuyAnyCar is a great way to not realise full market value of your car.

The cut they take is massive. The Wonga of the second hand car market.
    Agreed. Their prices are lunacy.

Motorway gave me over £1200 more than StupidAd would have done when I sold mine a few months ago.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

carnforth said:

What's all this about the SNP and a 95k Jag
    It's in the Spectatir but I am not a subscriber so cannot read it.

Nicola Sturgeon’s husband Peter Murrell investigated over £95k car

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a4812e63-b424-4eca-aac7-e13cae0ba281?shareToken=46b4697c693c75a3f17dc9fc086687ea
    He absolutely should be.

What sort of idiot would pay £95k for a piece of junk like a Jag?
    WeBuyAnyCar is a great way to not realise full market value of your car.

The cut they take is massive. The Wonga of the second hand car market.
    Agreed. Their prices are lunacy.

Motorway gave me over £1200 more than StupidAd would have done when I sold mine a few months ago.
    I just tried an experiment with my current car:

WBAC quote: £9,750
    Motorway quote: £11,508

So, it appears you're very much right!
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,211

ydoethur said:

Pulpstar said:

Andy_JS said:

What do people think of Javier Milei?

A Thatcher admiring anarcho capitalist, keen on Ukraine and Israel. Then there's a piece in Foreign Affairs saying he wants to destroy democracy from within.

He likes Thatcher but still thinks Argentina should control the Falklands. Interesting combination.
    Hasn't every Argentine leader said that for the last 40 years though ? Sabre rattling for domestic consumption, their real battle always is Argentina's inevitably horrendous finances.
    They are taught in school that not only are the islands Argentinian but the people speak Spanish and are forced to stay with Britain against their will.

It came as a real shock to the Argentine conscripts in 1982 to find nobody understood a word they said and that they were all so hated.
    whats more concerning is that many countries (even allies) view the Falklands as a colonial anomaly and arent minded to go out of their way to support UK sovereignty
    Yes but the UK has a veto on the UN Security Council
This discussion has been closed.