Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

This doesn’t look good for the SNP at the general election – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,162
    Leon said:

So there is not one PB-er willing to admit that Yeah, they would accept a free £10,000 holiday in the Maldives, you would all refuse because of the whole sharia law/heroin/sewage/house-elves issue, and demand a short yurting weekend in Staffordshire instead?

I mean, guys, this is pitiful. Not a single spine amongst you

Staffordshire is one of the most fascinating counties in England.
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Cost of fuel duty freeze (so far): £80 billion
    Cost of HS2 to Manchester: £36 billion

Regressive, costly for the environment (7% increase in total annual carbon emissions), short-term thinking. And people wonder why our economy will not grow.

Fuel duty freeze hasn't "cost" a penny.

Fuel duty has generated about £300bn for the Exchequer in that time period.
    Sorry pal, but you claimed that fuel duty hadn't been cut. It has been. £80 billion.

Meanwhile the costs of public transport have got higher and higher, while the overall costs of driving, including insurance etc, have actually fallen!

The marginal cost of driving versus public transport explains why our roads out so clogged up.

And it's deeply unfair on the millions of people who cannot afford the entry costs of driving. Ab attack on the young, in particular.
    A freeze is not a cut, its a freeze.

Great the costs of driving have fallen marginally from the obscenely expensive heights they were at in 2010. That doesn't mean much, costs falling is a good thing not a bad one unless you're a zealot who wants to see life get more expensive for some twisted reason.

And of course the marginal cost of driving is almost entirely taxation, whereas public transportation is so chronically inefficient that it is vastly subsidised and still uncompetitive.
    Haha, you've changed your tune. You witter on about fiscal drag and yet...
    And yet fiscal drag means living standards are going down as take home pay is less than inflation.

Drivers are still facing taxation being the primary cost of driving and have contributed net hundreds of billions to the Exchequer over the time the Tories have been in office.

I think the words you're looking for is "thank you".

The deadweight cost of taxes on driving needs to be eliminated but it hasn't been. Hopefully fuel duty is never replaced and instead road tax funds the roads and that's it.
    Every time I overtake a car on my bike in Edinburgh I say "you're welcome". I know they really appreciate me using up less space on the road.

Same with a bus. I always let them out in when I'm driving because I think "thank God the 50 people on that didn't drive to work today".
    Edinburgh is fucked up then if bikes are overtaking cars rather than the other way around like the rest of the country. Maybe you should try educating yourself as to what urban life is like in almost the entire country.

Driving at 50mph through town on arteries, you're kidding yourself if you think cyclists are overtaking anyone.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,619
    Leon said:

Eabhal said:

That jet photo is 100% sabotage.

That's what I believe. No other explanation makes sense. No SPAD could be that dumb
    They need to get the tweet out, and it has to go out with a photo (probably because the stats slow that tweets with photos get more engagement). But they don't have a stock photo of Sunak driving a car, and he is actually in a jet (of course he is).
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 6,045

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Regressive, costly for the environment (7% increase in total annual carbon emissions), short-term thinking. And people wonder why our economy will not grow.

Sorry pal, but you claimed that fuel duty hadn't been cut. It has been. £80 billion.

Meanwhile the costs of public transport have got higher and higher, while the overall costs of driving, including insurance etc, have actually fallen!

The marginal cost of driving versus public transport explains why our roads out so clogged up.

And it's deeply unfair on the millions of people who cannot afford the entry costs of driving. Ab attack on the young, in particular.

Great the costs of driving have fallen marginally from the obscenely expensive heights they were at in 2010. That doesn't mean much, costs falling is a good thing not a bad one unless you're a zealot who wants to see life get more expensive for some twisted reason.

And of course the marginal cost of driving is almost entirely taxation, whereas public transportation is so chronically inefficient that it is vastly subsidised and still uncompetitive.
    And yet fiscal drag means living standards are going down as take home pay is less than inflation.

Drivers are still facing taxation being the primary cost of driving and have contributed net hundreds of billions to the Exchequer over the time the Tories have been in office.

The deadweight cost of taxes on driving needs to be eliminated but it hasn't been. Hopefully fuel duty is never replaced and instead road tax funds the roads and that's it.
    Every time I overtake a car on my bike in Edinburgh I say "you're welcome". I know they really appreciate me using up less space on the road.

Same with a bus. I always let them out in when I'm driving because I think "thank God the 50 people on that didn't drive to work today".
    Edinburgh is fucked up then if bikes are overtaking cars rather than the other way around like the rest of the country. Maybe you should try educating yourself as to what urban life is like in almost the entire country.

Driving at 50mph through town on arteries, you're kidding yourself if you think cyclists are overtaking anyone.
    Absolutely, that's why they are introducing more measures to reduce private car use in the city centre.
  • Options
    This seems a bit simple-minded from Boris.

"BORIS JOHNSON: Rishi's smoking ban is barmy. Child A will be free to smoke like a chimney to the end of his days. Child B - born only a day later - will be a criminal if he does... How the hell is that supposed to work?"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12602423/BORIS-JOHNSON-Child-free-smoke-like-chimney-end-days-Child-B-born-day-later-criminal-does-hell-supposed-work.html
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,165

Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

Rishi Sunak
    @RishiSunak
    ·
    3h
    On Sunday, I slammed the brakes on anti-motorist measures.

For many, our car is a lifeline. We use them to get to work or see our family.

https://twitter.com/RishiSunak/status/1710352494054826336

Our car? You use a helicopter and a government car to do everything.

Did you not see the picture?

They genuinely thought Richi on a private plane was the message they want to send???
    The country is such a small country there's no reason you can't get across it by either car or train.

Except my government won't invest in either roads or railways, so here I am in a jet.

Vote for me, so I can continue to fly over the rest of you plebs.
    There is a reason you can't get across it by train. He's just binned the project to build the capacity to do just that.

That was the point I was making.

And its not like he's come up with a new M6 or any other new motorways to replace it, he's no different to any other PM when it comes to failure to invest in roads, and he's failing to invest in rails too.

Rishi Antoinette says let them fly jets
    Did you listen to his speech? He said that the priority should not be better trnasport connection TO the north but better connections WITHIN the north. Policymakers had spent too much time focusing on the things THEY wanted not on what the country most needed. It's certainly believable.
    You know we did, as we've spent a great deal of time discussing it.

And no, it wasn't believable in the slightest.
    Why?
    We've rehearsed that at great length over the last couple of days. If you don't like those arguments, I'm not going to rehash them tonight just for you.
    If you haven't read them, then perhaips go back and do so ?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,596
    @Leon

Association for Computing Machinery
    @TheOfficialACM
    This Sunday evening, October 8th at 7:30 pm (ET), @60Minutes profiles ACM A.M. Turing Award recipient
    @geoffreyhinton

. In the interview, Hinton discusses the promise and risks of artificial intelligence. Watch a preview here: https://cbsn.ws/3tnkxpG
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Absolutely, that's why they are introducing more measures to reduce private car use in the city centre.
    We also happen to be one of the most productive parts of the UK, and with the crackdown on STL home prices will fall too.

More work to be to be done on general BTL however.
  • Options
    BartholomewRobertsBartholomewRoberts Posts: 18,822
    edited October 2023
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Which is why most people living in urban areas prefer to live in towns, not overcrowded cities.

Well that and the more affordable housing as we're not crowded in on top of each other with no space to build new buildings.
  • Options

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Which is why most people living in urban areas prefer to live in towns, not overcrowded cities.

Well that and the more affordable housing as we're not crowded in on top of each other with no space to build new buildings.
    £80 billion tax cut.

The time between being called out on one of your falsehoods to "serfs in slums" is falling rapidly.
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

The time between being called out on one of your falsehoods to "serfs in slums" is falling rapidly.
    Its not a tax cut.

Instead its hundreds of billions fleeced off drivers without that money being reinvested into the roads.

Shame on that. It needs to be cut by hundreds of billions to be balanced, could be funded in part by abolishing subsidies on public transport fares.
  • Options

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

Its not a tax cut.

Instead its hundreds of billions fleeced off drivers without that money being reinvested into the roads.

Shame on that. It needs to be cut by hundreds of billions to be balanced, could be funded in part by abolishing subsidies on public transport fares.
    That, Sir, is a blatant attack on the serfs you care so deeply about.
  • Options

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

Its not a tax cut.

Every penny on public transport is a subsidy for drivers, as it frees up space on the road for them.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,071
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Scott_xP said:

Rishi Sunak
    @RishiSunak
    ·
    3h

They genuinely thought Richi on a private plane was the message they want to send???
    The country is such a small country there's no reason you can't get across it by either car or train.

Except my government won't invest in either roads or railways, so here I am in a jet.

Vote for me, so I can continue to fly over the rest of you plebs.
    There is a reason you can't get across it by train. He's just binned the project to build the capacity to do just that.

That was the point I was making.

And its not like he's come up with a new M6 or any other new motorways to replace it, he's no different to any other PM when it comes to failure to invest in roads, and he's failing to invest in rails too.

Rishi Antoinette says let them fly jets
    Did you listen to his speech? He said that the priority should not be better trnasport connection TO the north but better connections WITHIN the north. Policymakers had spent too much time focusing on the things THEY wanted not on what the country most needed. It's certainly believable.
    You know we did, as we've spent a great deal of time discussing it.

And no, it wasn't believable in the slightest.
    Why?
    We've rehearsed that at great length over the last couple of days. If you don't like those arguments, I'm not going to rehash them tonight just for you.
    If you haven't read them, then perhaips go back and do so ?
    I don't think I will actually. pb hasn't been at its best lately.
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

Its not a tax cut.

Not really, they can instead use the much more efficient mode of private transportation that is so efficient its cost is mostly tax, rather than subsidy.

If public transport could actually be only as efficient as driving, it would be able to be mostly tax instead too instead of being subsidised.

And of course if they move out of cities into towns with open roads, they might be able to afford a home too. Double win!
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

Its not a tax cut.

Every penny on public transport is a subsidy for drivers, as it frees up space on the road for them.
    Bullshit.

Just spend the money actually on roads instead.

We don't need more space freed up on roads, roads are pretty open most of the time.

What we need is roads where they don't exist, running routes that don't exist.
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

Its not a tax cut.

Not really, they can instead use the much more efficient mode of private transportation that is so efficient its cost is mostly tax, rather than subsidy.

If public transport could actually be only as efficient as driving, it would be able to be mostly tax instead too instead of being subsidised.

And of course if they move out of cities into towns with open roads, they might be able to afford a home too. Double win!
    It can be. Profitable in Edinburgh.

Just need to invest that £80 billion, rather than giving it to drivers.
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

Its not a tax cut.

Just need to invest that £80 billion in it.
    OK if it can be then great.

Abolish all public transport subsidies.

Use all driving-related taxes to fund roads and other driving-related infrastructure.

Use public transport taxes to fund public transport infrastructure.

Problem solved.
  • Options

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

Eabhal said:

£80 billion tax cut.

Its not a tax cut.

Just need to invest that £80 billion in it.
    OK if it can be then great.

Abolish all public transport subsidies.

Use all driving-related taxes to fund roads and other driving-related infrastructure.

Use public transport taxes to fund public transport infrastructure.

Problem solved.
    Thought you were in favour in investment?

Imagine what we could have achieved with that £80 billion. Lothian Buses for every northern town and city, and profits to cover pothole repairs.
  • Options
    BartholomewRobertsBartholomewRoberts Posts: 18,822
    edited October 2023
    I am in favour of investment, and we have had hundreds of billions in net taxes taken from us and pissed away, not invested.

There is no eighty billion. There's hundreds of billions that we've paid but not seen any return on.

And even if taxes were cut, which they haven't been besides the temporary 5p cut, that's not giving money to anyone. Its simply taking a bit less from them.

Drivers are being ripped off not subsidised. Petrol in Alberta is cheaper in Canadian dollars than it is here in British Pounds despite the fact there's $1.80 to the £. The reason is because of how much tax we pay in this country without any investment from it.

We have buses. People don't use them because there's no point if you can drive, getting from door to door is quicker and cheaper and more efficient.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,481

I see it's bash Sunak time again on pb. I'm afraid it doesn't reflect well on many of you. Let's try for a bit of balance.

He's done well on Ukraine.
    He hasn't panicked in the face of falling house prices and demanded various silly measures to prop them up
    He hasn't tried to offer a massive pre-election giveaway
    He appears to work hard
    He appears to think hard about the decisions he makes
    He respects the civil service - contrast with Blair/Brown/Johnson
    The Windsor Framework

So many of you deride the hysteria of populism and yet your shallow attacks on Sunak seem no better theorised. So far I'd judge him the best Tory PM since 2010. A low bar nonetheless.

Prime Ministers like football managers are only as good as their last week. And Sunak has had a shocking last week. He's not the only one. Mordaunt, who I suspect many people were pinning their hopes upon to save the day also had a shocker. The most bizarre, crazed and certifiably inaccurate speech of the week, and reaching that pinnacle amongst the competition was a tough ask.

So who had a good week at the Conservative Party conference? Suella and Farage. Which tells you all you need to know about the Conservatives going forward.
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,890
    Regret to say that Rishi Sunak has lost the support of the Sopranos’ Christopher Moltisanti.

https://x.com/helenbarrett/status/1710353877281738928?s=46&t=L9g_woCIqbo1MTuBFCK0xg
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,838
    Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

So there is not one PB-er willing to admit that Yeah, they would accept a free £10,000 holiday in the Maldives, you would all refuse because of the whole sharia law/heroin/sewage/house-elves issue, and demand a short yurting weekend in Staffordshire instead?

I’d take the holiday.

As part of my plan to take over the Maldives in Dogs of War style coup.

Since what the locals Really Want is an end to Posh Tourism, Islam etc.

Instead, I will set up a Marxist Paradise, where entertainment will be working in the State jobs while listening to my 6 hour speeches on The Revolution.

Anyone who dislikes The Party Program will be shot or imprisoned. Or expelled to Miami.

The only tourism allowed will be elderly Marxists from abroad - well, they will manage not to notice all the people there for the cheap holidays. Just like they will praise the healthcare system. Which will be tiered, with a top level for party members and elderly Marxist foreigners.
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,550
    Leon said: "The concept of the over-water villa means you step from your bedroom straight into the Indian Ocean, swimming amongst reef sharks, sting rays, and turtles, before breakfast

It is pretty fucking sensational."

As someone who sometimes takes things literally, I think that's too much information.

(But, as long as the sharks, rays, and turtles are consenting adults -- and you don't scare the locals -- I have no objection.)
  • Options
    In my experience, men are more likely to prefer vacations in the mountains, women on the beaches. (Assuming both are avalable.)
  • Options
    Cyclefree: I hope you will excuse me for saying this, but I am very happy that Fujitsu is not an American company.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,838

Cyclefree: I hope you will excuse me for saying this, but I am very happy that Fujitsu is not an American company.

I would be fascinated to find out what actually happened with the Post Office thing.

Distributed transactionality, which they fucked up, is a solved problem.

My suspicion is that management tried to get performance improvements on under-specced hardware and networks. One, stupid, way to do that, is to relax transactional checks.

Then again, the fuck up with medical records in Japan suggests that Fujitsu consulting can’t actually do distributed transactionality.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

Cyclefree said:

Leon said:

TimS said:

The more interesting question is which tourist destination would you not spend your own money to visit.

Having been with work to Dubai and Qatar I am very confident I would never trouble my own wallet to spend time there. Fine on expenses, but not for me.

Sadly some of my most fun work trips of the last couple of decades were to Moscow. That’s not happening again in a hurry.

Dubai and Qatar are hideous. Quite agree

Abu Dhabi. Doha, all of it. YUK

I would never spend my own money to go to Denmark, too fucking boring, ditto Sweden. Morocco is an edge case

Apart from that I find everywhere in the world fascinating in some way
    Monte Carlo. Ghastly. Also did not much like Provence when I went there. Overpriced. Too many twee lavender goodies everywhere and the food a disappointment.

Also avoid Tuscany in summer. Full of the sort of ghastly English middle classes any sensible person tries to stay away from.
    Monaco is fun if you accept it for what it is. A sunny place for shady people. Revel in it, enjoy the local culture - which is mad tax exiles and Formula 1 Drivers getting drunk and eating £100 fish and chips with Russian hookers. Why is that any less interesting or authentic than the mosques of Samarkand or the gnus of the Serengeti? Monaco has been like this for 150 years minimum and the coast is spectacular

Provence can be disappointing (completely agree on the food) but then you happen upon an old abbey in a lavender field and its breathtakingly beautiful. Likewise Tuscany. Florence is stunning, one of THE great destinations, even if it is overrun with tourists. IT IS THE RENAISSANCE
    I quite like Florence. I have family there. But not in high summer or the depths of winter.

One day I will tell you what other Italians think of Tuscans. It is not flattering. Italians snarking about other Italians is even more fun than legal snark. Though hard to explain to non-Italian speakers.

Disliked Nice town. But the coast road from Nice down to Livorno and beyond is one of the great drives.
    I'd like to know what other Italians think of Tuscans.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,866
    Cyclefree said:

Nigelb said:

Cyclefree said:

Anyway while I wait ..... and wait..... and wait ..... and wait ..... for my free holiday with @Leon, on a more serious note the criminal justice system - and the Post Office's investigators and lawyers are now in the crosshairs, rightly so, of the Post Office Inquiry.

The guide given to the Post Office prosecutors completely failed to include their legal obligations to uncover and disclose material which might help the defence...

I wish I could say that is unbelievable, but we're long since past that.

Who was it that 'gave' the guide to the prosecutors ?
    The Post Office themselves. They wrote it. They based it on the CPS codes and Attorney-General's guidelines and various other guides which prosecutors must follow. But left out a rather important bit. .......

So it did not happen by accident.
    Another example of an organisation treating the law asa they wished it was, rather than it actually is.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Some idiots are X are trying to get Fiona Bruce cancelled for saying "black guy" on Question Time.

https://twitter.com/RGocan/status/1710182460544213018
  • Options
    edited October 2023

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

I’d take the holiday.

Instead, I will set up a Marxist Paradise, where entertainment will be working in the State jobs while listening to my 6 hour speeches on The Revolution.

Anyone who dislikes The Party Program will be shot or imprisoned. Or expelled to Miami.

The only tourism allowed will be elderly Marxists from abroad - well, they will manage not to notice all the people there for the cheap holidays. Just like they will praise the healthcare system. Which will be tiered, with a top level for party members and elderly Marxist foreigners.
    The highest village in the UK, Flash, is in the Staffordshire Moorlands district. (I would have thought somewhere in Scotland might be higher but apparently not).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash,_Staffordshire
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,090
    Leon said:

OK let’s do a PB poll

I’m genuinely curious. How many PBers would turn down a free £10k holiday in the Maldives for all the reasons @Foxy says? Sharia law, hypocrisy, climate change, etc?

I am happy to accept that @foxy might actually do that - consumed with pompous Puritan moral self congratulation as he is, he also seems sincere

Wouid anyone else say No? Please be honest!

I would because a) I couldn't be fucking bothered b) what would I do there and c) ten grand isn't really that much money in the general scheme of things.
  • Options
    "Putin needs to be 'defeated and humiliated' | Conservative MP Jack Lopresti"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-ADlm3nrSw
  • Options
    Penddu2Penddu2 Posts: 597
    Leon said:

I missed this conversation earlier and am happy to admit that I would take the holiday - i have been to Maldives a number of times and like the protected tourist bubble. Having said that I dont like the fact that you cant just go for an evening stroll away from your hotel, trying a few different restaurants or bars, or visiting local historical ruins. But that is the nature of the Maldives.
  • Options
    So on to the rugby....

I predicted the NZ score almost exactly, but France significantly exceeded my scoreline - looks like Italy lost all interest in the competition. So onto today - three compelling games:

Wales v Georgia – Georgia defence looked strong against Fiji, and they have a tough pack, but have picked up some injuries. Wales have respected Georgia by picking a strong team (but not full) and I expect Wales to control the game well. Wales by 20.

England v Samoa – Samoa have already announced their intent – this is their world cup final. They have not performed so far in this world cup, but I expect that they will give England a tough battle. England should eventually prevail by 15 points but it wont be easy at times.

Ireland v Scotland – Scotland will be throw everything at Ireland to try and stay in RWC, but it wont be enough. Ireland by 10 (I originally said 15 but have changed slightly).

Enjoy

• Options
    Andy_JS said:

Some idiots are X are trying to get Fiona Bruce cancelled for saying "black guy" on Question Time.

simple questions:
    1) what was his skin colour?
    2) does he have dangly bits or internal plumbing?

If answers prove her statement was factually correct then what is the problem...???

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,866
    Penddu2 said:

Andy_JS said:

If answers prove her statement was factually correct then what is the problem...???
    See the pearl clutching reaction to Sunak's "a man is a man, a woman is a woman" statement.....

• Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 9,967
    Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

I’d take the holiday.

The highest village in the UK, Flash, is in the Staffordshire Moorlands district. (I would have thought somewhere in Scotland might be higher but apparently not).

The highest permanently inhabited village in Europe is Ushguli, at 2,100m in the Georgian Caucasus, where I’ll be in 10 days time.

(It’s actually officially pipped by a place called Bochorna in Tusheti further East, but that’s only inhabited by one 76 year old man).
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

OK let’s do a PB poll

I’m genuinely curious. How many PBers would turn down a free £10k holiday in the Maldives for all the reasons @Foxy says? Sharia law, hypocrisy, climate change, etc?

I am happy to accept that @foxy might actually do that - consumed with pompous Puritan moral self congratulation as he is, he also seems sincere

I would because a) I couldn't be fucking bothered b) what would I do there and c) ten grand isn't really that much money in the general scheme of things.
    I'll send over my bank deets. TIA.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,178
    Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

OK let’s do a PB poll

Ten grand is a lot of money. PB really does have a decadent view of money. Which, for a community that doesn't gamble as much as it should, is odd.
  • Options
    TimS said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

I’d take the holiday.

The highest permanently inhabited village in Europe is Ushguli, at 2,100m in the Georgian Caucasus, where I’ll be in 10 days time.

(It’s actually officially pipped by a place called Bochorna in Tusheti further East, but that’s only inhabited by one 76 year old man).
    "Get me down! Why have you left me here? It's cold and I'm freezing!"
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,561
    This thread has

left on a jet plane

• Options
    Andy_JS said:

Current Thing Has Happened And People Are Upset

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ole3mAhhxx4
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,271
    Scott_xP said:

Rishi Sunak
    @RishiSunak
    ·
    3h

why is he using one of those ridiculous 4 punch ring binders? what a faff
This discussion has been closed.