Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

YouGov – voters want an early election – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,725
edited October 2023 in General
imageYouGov – voters want an early election – politicalbetting.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    pm215pm215 Posts: 944
    Interesting that LDs are more evenly split between 2023 and Spring 2024, whereas Labour voters are much more in the "election asap" bucket. I wonder why?
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,873
    edited October 2023
    Yes. I think if this downward spiral is not arrested, Sunak may end up with little choice but to go for May whatever.

You say he wouldn't risk an election if he can wait for things to improve, but if waiting for things to improve risks him not getting to the election at all because the locals are unpromising and the letter writers pens are being unfurled, that would be a worse fate for him than the risk of a heavy GE defeat.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,556
    Too right. I'm certainly very keen on being given the opportunity to kick the Tory Party up the arse as soon as possible.
  • Options
    Is Rishi frit?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,286
    @JenWilliams_FT

Oh my god how is it the night before the prime minister’s speech and this level of chaos and speculation regarding the country’s biggest infrastructure project is still trundling on

@JenWilliams_FT

I know it sounds like an obvious point but wtaf doesn’t bear overstating
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@JenWilliams_FT

Oh my god how is it the night before the prime minister’s speech and this level of chaos and speculation regarding the country’s biggest infrastructure project is still trundling on

@JenWilliams_FT

I'd love to see how the MEN would have played it with our Jen still in charge.

There'd be scorch marks on Rishi.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Yes. I think if this downward spiral is not arrested, Sunak may end up with little choice but to go for May whatever.

You say he wouldn't risk an election if he can wait for things to improve, but if waiting for things to improve risks him not getting to the election at all because the locals are unpromising and the letter writers pens are being unfurled, that would be a worse fate for him than the risk of a heavy GE defeat.

Would it be worse? Maybe but I'm not convinced. It is not even certain Rishi would be ousted unless an alternative leader polls better.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Scott_xP said:

@JenWilliams_FT

@JenWilliams_FT

The little spiv deserves everything he's got coming.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,798

Considering OGH's many contributions AND ongoing struggles of UK to connect with itself, respectfully pray, that when my long-standing dream of a Pneumatic Tube connecting Woolwich with Wick in less than ten minutes - WOOSH! - that the Bedford way station be named the Smithson Spout.

Assuming a straight line distance of 800km, and uniform acceleration across the whole first half (and uniform deceleration in the second half), your acceleration would need to be a nippy 8.9ms-2, similar to acceleration due to gravity on earth.
    When you reach halfway (Newcastle, since you ask), you'll be hurtling along a little under 10000kmh-1.

Just one problem: if there's air in the tube, your body will fragment and you'll arrive as a warm slurry.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Scott_xP said:

@JenWilliams_FT

@JenWilliams_FT

Jen is better than every journalist at Sky and the Beeb combined it seems.
  • Options

Is Rishi frit?

Included with the New Rishi Meal Deal?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@JenWilliams_FT

@JenWilliams_FT

Thing is... in his head, it probably all made sense.

Cut expensive thing that he never particularly wanted anyway, use some of the savings for little things to keep the little people happy and the rest for other things he wanted, like tax cuts. It would be popular and a lovely surprise to tell everyone about in his speech.

It's just that that version of reality got badly duffed up when it met other peoples' realities. And whilst some "you can't do that"s are just people defending their turf, other "you can't do that"s are because you really can't do that without breaking something important.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 40,105

Is Rishi frit?

With free covid sauce?
  • Options
    On Sunday, on the way to Brum and Wolverhampton to do the new tram extension, I took some shots of HS2 from the Chiltern main line near Denham.

• Options
    Farooq said:

Considering OGH's many contributions AND ongoing struggles of UK to connect with itself, respectfully pray, that when my long-standing dream of a Pneumatic Tube connecting Woolwich with Wick in less than ten minutes - WOOSH! - that the Bedford way station be named the Smithson Spout.

Assuming a straight line distance of 800km, and uniform acceleration across the whole first half (and uniform deceleration in the second half), your acceleration would need to be a nippy 8.9ms-2, similar to acceleration due to gravity on earth.
    When you reach halfway (Newcastle, since you ask), you'll be hurtling along a little under 10000kmh-1.

Just one problem: if there's air in the tube, your body will fragment and you'll arrive as a warm slurry.
    No doubt some bugs to work out!

Thus first 100 travelers get half-price return AND free souvenir travel mug, to compensate for such inconveniences.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,539
    United's desperate attempts to commit suicide seem to be in vain, so far.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 6,034

Not too worried about HS2 in the long-term, although I am disappointed by this decision.

The really important one to build it to Euston has been made and it can always be revitalised and extended from its core base to Crewe, Manchester and Leeds in future, which might even happen in the next Parliament.

I suspect it would be rescoped/reconstructed first though.

When you stop a megaproject for a year it normally creates a delay of about five years because you can't just press and unpress the pause button; all the set up and mobilisation costs are sunk and you have to go back to near enough square one and rerecruit/reprocure and get the whole delivery organisation all set up again in a competitive market, and that takes time.

So HS2 can happen in the longer-term (still an option) but this punts it way into the future.

It's an act of gross vandalism by Sunak. He should delay any decision until after a GE. By all means put what he intends to do in his manifesto. But as it stands he's just going to cause 5-6 years of pointless delay, given Labour will reinstate the Manchester link after the GE.
    This will further increase the costs too, I'd guess? Introducing yet more uncertainty.

Labour could do us a favour and guarantee it to Leeds and Manchester.
  • Options

On Sunday, on the way to Brum and Wolverhampton to do the new tram extension, I took some shots of HS2 from the Chiltern main line near Denham.

Is that the Starship Enterprise just dropping out of warp speed in the sky?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,675

Not too worried about HS2 in the long-term, although I am disappointed by this decision.

The really important one to build it to Euston has been made and it can always be revitalised and extended from its core base to Crewe, Manchester and Leeds in future, which might even happen in the next Parliament.

When you stop a megaproject for a year it normally creates a delay of about five years because you can't just press and unpress the pause button; all the set up and mobilisation costs are sunk and you have to go back to near enough square one and rerecruit/reprocure and get the whole delivery organisation all set up again in a competitive market, and that takes time.

So HS2 can happen in the longer-term (still an option) but this punts it way into the future.

It's an act of gross vandalism by Sunak. He should delay any decision until after a GE. By all means put what he intends to do in his manifesto. But as it stands he's just going to cause 5-6 years of pointless delay, given Labour will reinstate the Manchester link after the GE.
    Oh, I don't think that can be taken for granted. Keir has been far from clear that he'll reinstate the 2030 ban on ICE vehicles, and I think he'll check the polling very carefully before he does anything on HS2. More likely he'd claim that it was 'too late' or something like that. I appreciate that this is of no consequence, as he has no principles, but SKS has spoken against HS2 in parliament.
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,248
    Let's have the GE Spring 2024 cos inflation will be gone by then 😈
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 5,022
    Man Utd, ha ha ha!!!
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 5,022
    DavidL said:

United's desperate attempts to commit suicide seem to be in vain, so far.

Successful now.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,928
    Pro_Rata said:

Leon will be along shortly to explain that it's a UFO.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,138

So about 2050 for Manchester, then ?
  • Options

Pro_Rata said:

Ahem! I think you mean UAP!
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,815
    edited October 2023
    McCarthy about to become the first House speaker in American history to be ejected from the job.

Edit: And it's happened. 216 to 210.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,928

Pro_Rata said:

Ahem! I think you mean UAP!
    Whatever
  • Options
    CatMan said:

McCarthy about to become the first House speaker in American history to be ejected from the job.

Not even that close.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

This will sound passive aggressive but it's not meant that way: why should I care?
  • Options
    kyf_100kyf_100 Posts: 4,001
    Carnyx said:

Is Rishi frit?

With free covid sauce?
    I'm still waiting for "get eaten out to help out"
  • Options
    Yea 216, No 210 - Office of Speaker of US House of Representatives declared vacant.

Kevin McCarthy is out. But who will be in? Kevin McCarthy?

NYT - Representative Patrick McHenry of North Carolina is named interim speaker under a law passed after the Sept. 11 attacks in the event of a vacancy in the office.

SSI - And "Speaker Pro Tem" McHenry just called a recess, banged the gavel and House is adjourned "pending the call of the chair'.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,924
    On Topic

Tough voters dont decide the date

They do decide the outcome though
  • Options
    If Joe Biden AND Kamala Harris die right now, the new US president would be... Patty Murray.

I'm not ashamed to tell you I have NEVER heard of her.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

CatMan said:

This will sound passive aggressive but it's not meant that way: why should I care?
    Because America hasn't got a Budget at the minute, only a few weeks continuance, and if one can't be passed then the US Government will shortly go into shutdown and throw havoc upon the markets.

Between the Democrats, the GOP who don't want to drive over the cliffedge and the Trump loons who do, nobody has a majority.

In a sane world a rational Republican would make a deal with the Democrats to keep the lights on in America.

Otherwise the GOP will wholeheartedly turn the House over to the likes of Gaetz, who makes Braverman look like a fluffy and welcoming individual in comparison.
  • Options

Farooq said:

CatMan said:

Because America hasn't got a Budget at the minute, only a few weeks continuance, and if one can't be passed then the US Government will shortly go into shutdown and throw havoc upon the markets.

Between the Democrats, the GOP who don't want to drive over the cliffedge and the Trump loons who do, nobody has a majority.

In a sane world a rational Republican would make a deal with the Democrats to keep the lights on in America.

Otherwise the GOP will wholeheartedly turn the House over to the likes of Gaetz, who makes Braverman look like a fluffy and welcoming individual in comparison.
    I suspect any market havoc will be limited in time and scope though?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,993

Farooq said:

Thus first 100 travelers get half-price return AND free souvenir travel mug, to compensate for such inconveniences.
    You are Elon Musk and I claim my £5.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.
    Eight Republicans voted with 208 Democrats for motion to vacate Speaker's office. That's why he lost.

Among the absent were Democrats Nancy Pelosi and Mary Peltola.

Why? Pelosi has accompanied the remains of the late Sen. Diane Feinstein back to California for funeral. And Peltola's husband was killed a few days ago, when the small plane he was piloting crashed in Alaska.
  • Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,049
    Pro_Rata said:

Is it Sunak’s helicopter heading to Manchester, in order not to have to use the train?
  • Options

So let's run HS2 from OOC to Denham, segue to the Chiltern Line and terminate in Kidderminster?
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Farooq said:

CatMan said:

I suspect any market havoc will be limited in time and scope though?
    Maybe. But we're over a year from the next election and they can't call early ones so someone has to blink or this is going to be a nightmare.

Last shutdown was under Trump and lasted 35 days and there seems even less room to compromise now, they're estimated to cause tens of billions of lasting damage each time it happens.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

If Joe Biden AND Kamala Harris die right now, the new US president would be... Patty Murray.

Yours truly on other hand, met her over thirty years ago. For what that's worth, either way.
  • Options
    Wolverhampton on Sunday. London Northwestern Railway trolling Brexiteers and our tame Russian troll @Dura_Ace!

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,228
    I suspect the next election will be summer or autumn next year anyway
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Farooq said:

You are Elon Musk and I claim my £5.
    Which you may claim in Kryptonian crypto . . . from convenient kiosk on the far side of Uranus . . .
  • Options
    @EthanDaviesMEN

Some maths: if the Sky News HS2 report is right, then it could mean it’s slower to go from Mcr to London via HS2

Current Mcr to Ldn: 2h6m

Ldn to Birm via HS2: 52m + Current Birm to Mcr on WCML 1h20m-ish = 2h12m-ish

So ironically, for speed, you’ll NOT want to get HS2
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,293
    Farooq said:

Don't the Americans have a day named after her?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@EthanDaviesMEN

Some maths: if the Sky News HS2 report is right, then it could mean it’s slower to go from Mcr to London via HS2

Rishi's going to lose his temper when he's asked to explain that.
  • Options

DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.
    Eight Republicans voted with 208 Democrats for motion to vacate Speaker's office. That's why he lost.

Why? Pelosi has accompanied the remains of the late Sen. Diane Feinstein back to California for funeral. And Peltola's husband was killed a few days ago, when the small plane he was piloting crashed in Alaska.
    So if they had been there it would have been even less close. Steve Scalise seems to be the favourite of the nutter wing but I have no idea if he would have broad enough support. The break up of the GOP must be a real possibility after this.
  • Options

DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.

Short term thinking by the Democrats, McCarthy was actually on the moderate wing of the House GOP.

It took multiple rounds to elect McCarthy Speaker last time and is likely to take even longer this time
  • Options

DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.

The Washington Post said today that the Democrat House leadership should keep McCarthy in office by abstaining from the vote. Looks like instead they have thrown their lot in with Matt Gaetz and his loons. I'm sure they will feel pleased with themselves. Not sure how it will look to many in the US though.

• Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,264
    edited October 2023
    glw said:

Scott_xP said:

@EthanDaviesMEN

Rishi's going to lose his temper when he's asked to explain that.
    Some of the Manchester-bound trains won't stop at Birmingham, passing straight through. So I doubt it will actually come to that.

Or, he could just say it's about capacity not speed, of course.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.

So if they had been there it would have been even less close. Steve Scalise seems to be the favourite of the nutter wing but I have no idea if he would have broad enough support. The break up of the GOP must be a real possibility after this.
    My fear is the GOP will just capitulate to the nutters.

Having a backbone doesn't seem to be the GOPs forte.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,380
    Brenda in the minority this time.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.

They should expel the 8 and then look to do a deal with the Dems. But they won't.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978

Surely a decision like this would need to go through the commons rather than at a Tory conference?

Saying that - would he even have the votes
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,585
    While tory activists and Mail editors wet themselves over Braverman, the real story of the day...

Jack Surfleet
    @jacksurfleet
    ·
    6m
    Wednesday's FINANCIAL TIMES UK EDITION: Bond sell-off deepens as high rates prospects spook markets
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.

They should expel the 8 and then look to do a deal with the Dems. But they won't.
    They should.

But one of the 8 getting the rest of the GOP to fall in line behind them seems more likely at this rate.
  • Options
    @thetimes

Rishi Sunak will pledge tomorrow to “fundamentally change” Britain as he unveils plans to scale back HS2, overhaul A-levels and improve people’s health

@SkyNews

Sky News's political editor
    @BethRigby
    put it to the prime minister that he was a "man without a mandate" - having lost the Tory leadership election last year, before being appointed weeks later without a vote from members
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 5,100
    You’d have to have the IQ of a fruit fly to fall for Sunaks spin tomorrow.

And the Daily Hate is wanking over the stain on humanities speech .

Come the revolution all those complicit in peddling hate and division will be locked up and left to rot .
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

Rishi Sunak will pledge tomorrow to “fundamentally change” Britain as he unveils plans to scale back HS2, overhaul A-levels and improve people’s health

@SkyNews

@BethRigby
    put it to the prime minister that he was a "man without a mandate" - having lost the Tory leadership election last year, before being appointed weeks later without a vote from members

Please tell me he's not going to try and do the smoking ban and maths till 18.

I don't think I can watch, I have a really low tolerance for cringey things.
  • Options
    Just incredible. Sunak will say that voters are fed up of politicians saying things and then nothing changes.

After 13 bloody years of his party in government.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

@SkyNews

@BethRigby

He’ll have no problem putting this all to a vote, surely
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

@SkyNews

@BethRigby

"I will fundamentally change Britain's rail system by not changing anything beyond Birmingham."
  • Options
    nico679 said:

Come the revolution all those complicit in peddling hate and division will be locked up and left to rot .

I must have missed your many posts spreading love and unity.
  • Options
    Not entirely sure the new Wolverhampton station frontage is an improvement. First pic from 2014, other two from Sunday:

• Options

nico679 said:

I must have missed your many posts spreading love and unity.
    That was very good ! I don’t mind being criticized if it’s done with some style !
  • Options
    @paulwaugh

Well this is unusual for a PM the night before his conference speech.
    @RishiSunak pressing the flesh in the hotel bar.

McCarthy has given him a vision of his future...
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@EthanDaviesMEN

1h30 Manchester to London once Hs2 phase 1 is complete, i believe. Existing West Coast to Lichfield, new high speed line from Lichfield to London. Pass through Birmingham Interchange, not the city of Birmingham.

Looks like some MEN journo here is falling for the common misconception that the line ends in the centre of Brum when that is simply not the case.
  • Options

Not entirely sure the new Wolverhampton station frontage is an improvement. First pic from 2014, other two from Sunday:

As Bette Davis once said “ what a dump “ !
  • Options

DavidL said:

CatMan said:

Not even that close.

The Washington Post said today that the Democrat House leadership should keep McCarthy in office by abstaining from the vote. Looks like instead they have thrown their lot in with Matt Gaetz and his loons. I'm sure they will feel pleased with themselves. Not sure how it will look to many in the US though.

“Why is it that Republicans are always fighting among themselves, why aren’t they fighting the Radical Left Democrats who are destroying our Country?” Trump wrote on Truth Social.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4236256-trump-questions-gop-infighting-ahead-of-vote-to-oust-mccarthy/
  • Options
    Louise Haigh
    @LouHaigh
    ·
    2h
    The Conservatives literally rubbished this idea in their own rail plan.

And GM warned it could actually make things worse by *increasing* delays on the West Coast Mainline

Only the Conservatives could draw up a plan that could actually make northern transport worse than before.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 6,034

Have you seen the new ones in the north of Scotland? Inverness airport etc. Those are seriously ugly.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

@SkyNews

@BethRigby

After looking at the costs, Sunak has decided that maths till 9 is perfectly adequate.
    It's a bit incongruous that he's painting himself as the tough, penny-pinching, responsible PM - BUT I've decided to totally change A levels system BECAUSE MATHS IS GOOD.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

@SkyNews

@BethRigby

After looking at the costs, Sunak has decided that maths till 9 is perfectly adequate.
    LOL.
  • Options
    Pro_Rata said:

Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

@SkyNews

@BethRigby

Very good
  • Options
    Satire is no longer possible.

After finishing her speech, Cruella stood on a dogs tail. A guide dog too.

• Options

Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

@SkyNews

@BethRigby

Did we establish whether he needs a vote to cancel Brum to Crewe as it already has Royal Assent?
  • Options
    BobSykes said:

Scott_xP said:

@EthanDaviesMEN

1h30 Manchester to London once Hs2 phase 1 is complete, i believe. Existing West Coast to Lichfield, new high speed line from Lichfield to London. Pass through Birmingham Interchange, not the city of Birmingham.

Looks like some MEN journo here is falling for the common misconception that the line ends in the centre of Brum when that is simply not the case.
    According to Wikipedia, it will be 1:40, a saving of 14 minutes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Speed_2#Journey_times
  • Options
    It is a long time since I have been so angry about politics than I am over the HS2 fuck up.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@paulwaugh

He's finally realised which idiot is in charge and plans to find out whether getting nicely drunk will help him forget
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,264
    Foxy said:

She's wearing heels, and clearly not standing on it. Much as it pains me to run to her aid.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

@thetimes

@SkyNews

@BethRigby

Did we establish whether he needs a vote to cancel Brum to Crewe as it already has Royal Assent?
    Is it officially cancelled or just "delayed", perhaps by leaves on the line?
  • Options

It is a long time since I have been so angry about politics than I am over the HS2 fuck up.

The last few weeks of nonsensical ideas from the Tories, and the blatant lying and conspiracy theory garbarge, have crossed the line. I was nailed on to vote for them being basically fairly right-wing, and strongly agreeing with them regarding Ukraine, but they can do one now.
  • Options
    Will Street resign?
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Scott_xP said:

@paulwaugh

He's finally realised which idiot is in charge and plans to find out whether getting nicely drunk will help him forget
    Isn't he teetotal? I could have that wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    carnforth said:

Foxy said:

She's wearing heels, and clearly not standing on it. Much as it pains me to run to her aid.
    She wasn’t standing on it but then found out it once guided for a refugee so shuffled to inflict as much pain as possible on the poor thing .
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,138

Yea 216, No 210 - Office of Speaker of US House of Representatives declared vacant.

Kevin McCarthy is out. But who will be in? Kevin McCarthy?

NYT - Representative Patrick McHenry of North Carolina is named interim speaker under a law passed after the Sept. 11 attacks in the event of a vacancy in the office.

SSI - And "Speaker Pro Tem" McHenry just called a recess, banged the gavel and House is adjourned "pending the call of the chair'.

Looks as though he's really enjoying the job.
    https://twitter.com/HowardMortman/status/1709310215882219700
  • Options

Will Street resign?

I thought we couldn't afford a whole street and had downgraded to an alley?
  • Options
    @christopherhope

NEW 👀
    Senior Government source tells me Rishi Sunak will announce tomorrow HS2 will be stopping at Birmingham.
    Given MPs have already voted for HS2 to go to Crewe, Tory MPs might have to be whipped to vote to end it at Birmingham. The source says this could be “very bad”.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@christopherhope

NEW 👀
    Senior Government source tells me Rishi Sunak will announce tomorrow HS2 will be stopping at Birmingham.
    Given MPs have already voted for HS2 to go to Crewe, Tory MPs might have to be whipped to vote to end it at Birmingham. The source says this could be “very bad”.

Ha, ha, ha.

• Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,459
    edited October 2023

Louise Haigh
    @LouHaigh
    ·
    2h
    The Conservatives literally rubbished this idea in their own rail plan.

And GM warned it could actually make things worse by *increasing* delays on the West Coast Mainline

Only the Conservatives could draw up a plan that could actually make northern transport worse than before.

Therefore are Labour going to commit to building it in full together with the east west rail upgrade needed by the North

As an aside bond yields are rising worldwide due to the high-level of debt, including in the US, with sustained high interest rates

My critic of Sunak is not the decision but the idiotic way it has been handled
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,081
    Evidently trains are woke. Everyone needs to be in a traffic jam like some kind of diesel human centipede.
  • Options
    Eabhal said:

Have you seen the new ones in the north of Scotland? Inverness airport etc. Those are seriously ugly.
    Haven't been that way since July last year, when I passed over the road bridge near the airport on the bus.
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

@christopherhope

NEW 👀

I am not sure what grounds the source has to suggest an improvement to merely "very bad".
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    Is there the remotest of remote chance that this is one big PR scam and tomorrow Rishi is going to say something like "There are liberal elite doubters who have been badmouthing our rail industry. Well I can tell you now that we will prove them wrong and that HS2 will be built in full!!!"?
This discussion has been closed.