Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » YouGov finds Conservative voters very much divided on Micha

Comments

• Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    "What happened to warrant the red cards?"

Nothing much. Only the front rows getting to know each other better. I was amused by the commentator saying that thirty years ago, you had to do some harm to the referee to get sent off. Probably true.
  • Options
    Mick_PorkMick_Pork Posts: 6,530
    edited February 2014

Actually....knocking on doors or leafleting isn't going to make much difference either .

Well it's obviously troublesome for old biddies in SCON to do so but this tends to say otherwise.
    SNP's election landslide as opposition wiped out across Scotland

http://news.stv.tv/politics/247507-snp-on-course-to-win-holyrood-majority/
  • Options
    Daily Mirror ‏@DailyMirror 7h

Farmer warned David Cameron about the floods SIX MONTHS ago http://mirr.im/1o5O3oA
    be fair, there's been so much rain in Somerset it been hard to get out much.

*chortle*
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Mick_Pork said:

Actually....knocking on doors or leafleting isn't going to make much difference either .

Well it's obviously troublesome for old biddies in SCON to do so but this tends to say otherwise.

Shame that that same strategy has seen an average 9% fall in SNP support in by elections both local , Holyrood and Westminster since May 2012 .
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

You were more entertaining when you were posting a 2005 article about a 1974 story......this recently re-hashed stuff is a bit stale....

You have read the polling evidence I'm referring to, haven't you?

We wouldn't want you looking foolish again, would we?

Perhaps if you devoted more time to Scottish independence, rather than Cameron, Osbrowne, fops and so forth, you might actually add value, rather than subtracting it?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    Mick_Pork said:

Farmer warned David Cameron about the floods SIX MONTHS ago http://mirr.im/1o5O3oA

*chortle*

Mick Pork was that farmer.
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,351
    "Farmer warned David Cameron about the floods SIX MONTHS ago"

They probably did, but have you ever spoken to a farmer when he hasn't been moaning about something? Too hot, too dry, too average etc.

Although the EA (AKA the vole catchers) probably would take no notice anyway.
  • Options

this recently re-hashed stuff is a bit stale....

You simply aren't bright enough to have worked out what the tory campaign in 2015 is going to be then I take it.

Good luck whining about dredging up the past when that starts for real.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    A google search for Cammie Osbrowne returns nothing but PB pages. Seems that relentless repetition of them here isn't helping to establish them in the real world.
  • Options

@MickPork
    An "analysis" by long time Labour supporter Lewis Baston posted on a Labour blog . Yep , let us put lots of weight into its impartiality . Alternatively we could look at the last Survation poll on Scottish VI which had LD support back up to 10% in Holyrood VI .

10%? Haud the front page!

18 months ago you bet the SLDs would beat the SCons in the next GE and No would beat Yes by 60-40, now you say you would never have taken those bets. I think that says it all about your prescience and rigour regarding Scottish politics.

• Options
    CD13 said:

Badgers moving goalposts again? Tricky blighters. Always outwitting twits.
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

You simply aren't bright enough to have worked out what the tory campaign in 2015 is going to be then I take it.

And if you can't be bothered to understand the polling on Scottish independence it tells us all we need to know about whether you think you'll win.....why should who wins UK GE 2015 be of any interest to you......?
  • Options
    Fulham still 1 up at Man U , 15 minutes plus how ever many minutes overtime United need to get an equaliser to go
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

*chortle*
    Mick Pork was that farmer.The Scots had a few problems with a pig's bladder yesterday.....

• Options

Mick_Pork said:

And if you can't be bothered to understand the polling on Scottish independence it tells us all we need to know about whether you think you'll win.....why should who wins UK GE 2015 be of any interest to you......?
    Scottish farmer warns Salmond about independence, but will he listen ?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-i-don-t-want-separatism-says-sir-tom-farmer-1-2321929
  • Options

@MickPork
    An "analysis" by long time Labour supporter Lewis Baston posted on a Labour blog . Yep , let us put lots of weight into its impartiality . Alternatively we could look at the last Survation poll on Scottish VI which had LD support back up to 10% in Holyrood VI .

18 months ago you bet the SLDs would beat the SCons in the next GE and No would beat Yes by 60-40, now you say you would never have taken those bets. I think that says it all about your prescience and rigour regarding Scottish politics.

If you can give proof of those bets I will honour them .
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Lol @ Moyes celebrating like they've won the league.

FFS Struggling to beat Fulham...
  • Options
    edited February 2014

Fulham still 1 up at Man U , 15 minutes plus how ever many minutes overtime United need to get an equaliser to go

Now Man U 2 Fulham 1 LOL
  • Options

Mick_Pork said:

Scottish farmer warns Salmond about independence, but will he listen ?

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/scottish-independence-i-don-t-want-separatism-says-sir-tom-farmer-1-2321929
    He said last night: “I’m still supportive of devo-max or deco-plus.

But Salmond out-manoevered Cameron into only having a two question referendum!

No one can out fox Eck!
  • Options

@MickPork

Log into your Disqus account which applied to PB in 2012 and you'll be able to see your replies to my posts below. Personally I couldn't give a stuff about two £25 bets but I pride myself on remembering what bets I've struck, and of course honouring them.

You replied to Mark Senior
    Bet?
    • 08/26/12 09:27 AM
    • Will Westminster stage the Independence referendum before Alex does?

How about they'll have less votes than the Tories? £40 at evens?
    • 08/26/12 10:13 AM

Cool - I'm off out for the day but I'll e-mail PtP when I'm back.
    • 08/26/12 10:19 AM

FAO Mark Senior FPT.
    I see you'll take the other bet as well; good stuff.
    Just to confirm, on my side that's £25 at evens that the LDs will get less votes than the Cons in Scotland at the next GE.
    £25 at evens that the 'No' side will get 59.99% of the vote or less in an Independence referendum (straight Yes/No, agreed by Holyrood & Westminster).
    If you're okay with that I'll run it by Peter the Punter.
    • 08/26/12 05:34 PM
    • How many will bother to vote in the November Police Commissioner elections?

Evening, did you see my post at 18:34 re. bets?
    Let me know if they're okay with you.
    • 08/26/12 09:48 PM

• Options
    Switzerland on the naughty step:
    Déclaration de la Commission européenne suite à la votation en Suisse sur l’initiative « immigration massive »

La Commission européenne regrette que l'initiative pour l'introduction de quotas à l'immigration soit passée via cette votation. Ceci va à l'encontre du principe de libre circulation des personnes entre l'Union européenne et la Suisse. L'Union examinera les implications de cette initiative sur l'ensemble des relations entre l'UE et la Suisse. Dans ce contexte, la position du Conseil Fédéral sur le résultat sera aussi prise en compte.
    http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_MEMO-14-96_en.htm

Bloody voters! What were the Swiss thinking!

Is the 'Federal Council' being invited to ignore the result?
  • Options
    Mr. CD13, cheers.
  • Options

@MickPork

Log into your Disqus account which applied to PB in 2012 and you'll be able to see your replies to my posts below. Personally I couldn't give a stuff about two £25 bets but I pride myself on remembering what bets I've struck, and of course honouring them.

Bet?
    • 08/26/12 09:27 AM

How about they'll have less votes than the Tories? £40 at evens?
    • 08/26/12 10:13 AM

Cool - I'm off out for the day but I'll e-mail PtP when I'm back.
    • 08/26/12 10:19 AM

FAO Mark Senior FPT.
    I see you'll take the other bet as well; good stuff.
    Just to confirm, on my side that's £25 at evens that the LDs will get less votes than the Cons in Scotland at the next GE.
    £25 at evens that the 'No' side will get 59.99% of the vote or less in an Independence referendum (straight Yes/No, agreed by Holyrood & Westminster).
    If you're okay with that I'll run it by Peter the Punter.
    • 08/26/12 05:34 PM

Evening, did you see my post at 18:34 re. bets?
    Let me know if they're okay with you.
    • 08/26/12 09:48 PM

OK , Fair enough , we have two bets .
  • Options
    LOL LOL LOL Fulham get extra time equaliser !!!!!
  • Options

Good.
    I didn't actually think you were trying to welch, just a 'Senior' moment, ho ho.

• Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

A big problem for The Tory Party and Gove in particular is if Labour win, all the information being blocked by Gove at the moment, despite, F.O.I. requests, will immediately be out in the open and whatever he is hiding, will be known by all. A bit stupid of him to fight these F.O.I. requests as it will all come out in the open eventually.

So they won't extend Gove the courtesy that the Tories have extended Labour and give them a right of veto over disclosure of papers related to the last government?

Ah. I forgot. Political advantage counts for more than convention.
  • Options
    Switzerland will have to renegotiate its bilateral accord with the EU on the free movement of people within three years or revoke it. This in turn could threaten other bilateral agreements with the EU

http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/swiss_news/Swiss_agree_to_curb_immigration_and_rethink_EU_deal_.html?cid=37877780
  • Options
    Mick_Pork said:

CD13 said:

Badgers moving goalposts again? Tricky blighters. Always outwitting twits.
    Not many badgers left in Somerset ;-)
  • Options
    Nigel's on the case:

"This is wonderful news for national sovereignty and freedom lovers throughout Europe," he said.

"A wise and strong Switzerland has stood up to the bullying and threats of the unelected bureaucrats of Brussels.

http://www.channel4.com/news/swiss-immigration-switzerland-migrants-quota-eu-cap
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983

Nigel's on the case:

"This is wonderful news for ... freedom lovers "

Has noone explained to Nigel that they have voted to restrict people's freedom of movement? A bad day for freedom lovers, surely.
  • Options
    @Nicola_Pork You do show the same traits as the SNP deputy leader. Whenever you have a tricky point you tried to pour buckets of shi* over the person making it. You don't get into reasoned arguments.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Switzerland will have to renegotiate its bilateral accord with the EU

They should hire Eck to negotiate.

He can get everything he wants without asking...
  • Options
    Nick Palmer is a great champion of Swiss democracy. I wonder what he makes of today's example of it in action.
  • Options

Nick Palmer is a great champion of Swiss democracy. I wonder what he makes of today's example of it in action.

He'll disagree with it I'm sure but be satisfied the Swiss people have made their decision on immigration.

I'm sure he'll feel the same way about an EU referendum.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Switzerland will have to renegotiate its bilateral accord with the EU

They should hire Eck to negotiate.

He can get everything he wants without asking...
    I'm sure the EU will negotiate with the Swiss with one eye on the UK.

Just as the will negotiate with the Scots with one eye on Catalonia....

Neither of which are likely to make negotiations easy...

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074
    While I tend to find the Telegraph's economics coverage spectacularly weak, this article is spot on - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/newsbysector/banksandfinance/10626225/Eurozone-banks-face-42bn-capital-black-hole.html.

German regional banks, in particular, need to raise money and recognise bad debts. (Basically, it's only when you have a 'near death experience', like the UK, the US and more latterly Spain, had when you actually go through the balance sheets, and make sure loans are not being... rolled over.)

That said, this is unlikely to cause another Eurozone crisis, if only because the €50bn sum is relatively modest compared to the size of the German economy.
  • Options
    FPTP:

RMT membership has been growing strongly, if you want to give an example of a trade union that is not acting in its members' interests or whose members are not satisfied with what it is doing you'd be advised to look elsewhere.

So Neil, what proportion of this growing union voted to go on strike?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,008
    Neil said:

Nigel's on the case:

"This is wonderful news for ... freedom lovers "

Has noone explained to Nigel that they have voted to restrict people's freedom of movement? A bad day for freedom lovers, surely.
    Please dont take this as an argumentative post.

It is funny the way words mean one thing to one side and something diffferent to the other.

Farage describes it as wonderful news for freedom lovers, because he thinks nations should have the freedom to control their own destiny. He sees the EU as restricting their freedom to make their own laws

I guess you would see it as bad news for freedom lovers because it restricts people from other countries being able to move anywhere they like.

So really it is good and bad news for freedom lovers!

• Options

FPTP:

RMT membership has been growing strongly, if you want to give an example of a trade union that is not acting in its members' interests or whose members are not satisfied with what it is doing you'd be advised to look elsewhere.

A clear majority of the members who wanted to vote, I'd have thought.
  • Options

FPTP:

Starkey made this point on Question Time - Bob Crow has been an extremely good and effective leader of the RMT for its members.
  • Options
    @nigel4england

I have no idea what the result of the RMT's last ballot on industrial action was. I daresay it's the kind of thing that you can google if you are very interested though.

@isam

Noone has ever doubted Switzerland's freedom to decide its own immigration policy. I dont think opting to change its immigration policy is a demonstration that Switzerland is more free, it's always been Switzerland's prerogative to do that. The impact on people's freedom of movement is clearcut though. So I still maintain it's a bad day for freedom.
  • Options
    Neil said:

isam said:

YES WINS THE REFERENDUM!

electionista ‏@electionista 26m

Switzerland - vote on introducing immigration quotas Yes 50.3%(1,463,954 votes) No 49.7%(1,444,438) Turnout: 56.5% pic.twitter.com/SCxa7z2hgB

Less than a third voted for it though so the Swiss overall dont support the measure.
    Your double standards are simply incredible.
  • Options

Neil said:

isam said:

YES WINS THE REFERENDUM!

Switzerland - vote on introducing immigration quotas Yes 50.3%(1,463,954 votes) No 49.7%(1,444,438) Turnout: 56.5% pic.twitter.com/SCxa7z2hgB

Less than a third voted for it though so the Swiss overall dont support the measure.

Neil said:

isam said:

YES WINS THE REFERENDUM!

Oh dear, I clearly wasnt obvious enough for all pbc-ers.
  • Options
    perdixperdix Posts: 1,806
    Neil said:

@nigel4england

I have no idea what the result of the RMT's last ballot on industrial action was. I daresay it's the kind of thing that you can google if you are very interested though.

@isam

Noone has ever doubted Switzerland's freedom to decide its own immigration policy. I dont think opting to change its immigration policy is a demonstration that Switzerland is more free, it's always been Switzerland's prerogative to do that. The impact on people's freedom of movement is clearcut though. So I still maintain it's a bad day for freedom.

A most important freedom is for a nation to choose who can live there. It's been a good day for the Swiss.

• Options
    O/T There was an interesting comment by Nick Palmer on the previous thread:

the belief that Government economic policy is going well is not shared by Labour supporters - see today's YG: 85% of Labour voters think they're handling the economy badly, 9% "quite well", and 0% "very well". Conversely 87% of Tories think they're doing well. Partisanship rules.

Nick draws the conclusion from this that the Labour lead is reasonably safe, but you can equally draw the opposite conclusion: that those who currently say they'll vote Labour are doing so because they haven't yet been convinced by the Conservative line on the economy. Will that survive what is likely to be a pretty relentless year of the media telling them that the UK is actually doing rather well, and a lot better than most other countries?
  • Options
    Neil said:

@nigel4england

@isam

So restricting the Wehrmacht's freedom of movement in the last century was bad for freedom?
  • Options

Neil said:

@nigel4england

@isam

So restricting the Wehrmacht's freedom of movement in the last century was bad for freedom?
    Yes, Moniker, as usual you've got it in one.
  • Options
    Neil said:

@nigel4england

@isam

Yeah I know that you think that!

I was just commenting on the semantics really, that two things could be interpreted as both good for freedom and both bad for freedom depending on who you listened to.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Neil said:

@nigel4england

@isam

LOL
  • Options
  • Options
    Interesting vote in Switzerland. They've essentially decided they want to cut their current ties with the EU. Maybe that's why it was so close.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    Just listening to an awful warm up man at the Ski Jump competition at Sochi.

Behind the icefest, tension over security is genuinely extremely high, even compared to other high profile events. What the world hasn't seen is that the Russians, and other authorities around Europe have taken the view that the best defense is offense. There have been anti extremist sweeps and actions in the likes of Dagestan in recent days killing some known names in the process. All such actions are designed to keep possible ne'er do wells on the back foot. Even in good old liberal loving Western Europe around 20 people, largely women, have been taken into custody, some complete with tickets to go to the Olympic city in hand.

Perhaps a sign of the determination of restive types in the former Soviet republics, or perhaps in a case of online bluster, Ingush Mujahadeen have released a stream of threats in recent hours against visitors to Sochi.

The concerning thing is the sheer number of possible problem cases lifted who actually did have plans to travel to Russia from elsewhere. Certainly the talk of people planning to have a go are most definitely not without substance.

There are a lot of crossed fingers.
  • Options
    Why all the angst about the Swiss EU vote? They were asked a question, and they've answered it.
  • Options
    Off topic, but the Economist this week argues that Christine Lagarde would make a good EU Commission President:

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21595904-if-ever-europe-needed-competent-reformer-new-ideas-it-now-lagarde-president

David Cameron should publicly back her for multiple reasons:

1) He's not going to find a candidate more sympathetic to his views
    2) It would be good for Britain to be seen making positive suggestions about the future of the EU
    3) It would discomfit Francois Hollande, who would find it awkward to oppose a French candidate
    4) Now would be a good time for him to be seen to be pushing a woman for a very senior role

Her remote chance of success is, of course, neither here nor there.
  • Options
    Great comment:

Wayne Rooney hasn't seen this many crosses since he did his English exam at school.
  • Options
    What a surprise the top man uses his site to have another dig at Govey.

As he is probably well aware short-term popularity is not the aim for Govey, he knows the course he has taken all the Educational establishment guns would be on him. The latest political strikes are part of that.

Those Unions know if he succeeds in loosening the LEA controls on schools their power will be much diminished. His thinking is this will benefit children for the future, that will be his legacy, one worth the short-term unpopularity.

What is for sure what went before wasn't working, we had the same sink schools in Derby for decades, one thing in the EL Medina debacle, action was swift, Sinfin School and others were crap for 30 years.
  • Options
    @antifrank

She couldnt be any worse than the troika of Brussels veterans the three main EU political groupings are trying to foist on us.
  • Options
    Neil said:

@antifrank

She couldnt be any worse than the troika of Brussels veterans the three main EU political groupings are trying to foist on us.

That is basically the Economist's argument. It's hard to disagree with it.
  • Options
    This makes me furious - CON MEPs trying to clock moves to ban roaming charges.

Whose side are they on?

pic.twitter.com/Ajnh6Ur5Hx
  • Options
    @antifrank

You dont have to be a failed Benelux politician to have a chance of becoming Commission president this year but it certainly helps.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Nor with their analysis of who is really the boss: So ignore the parliament, Mrs Merkel, and pick the best woman for the job.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    I presume that clock news means block moves, Mike.

Trust the MEP Tories to stick up for roaming charges. They are on their own side, Mike: stuck to to their too comfortable EU seats and perks. Vote them out in May!
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Trust the MEP Tories to stick up for roaming charges. They are on their own side, Mike: stuck to to their too comfortable EU seats and perks. Vote them out in May!

So you think the EU should decide roaming charges? That's a mega-bonkers position for a UKIPper.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787

Great comment:

Wayne Rooney hasn't seen this many crosses since he did his English exam at school.

Presumably when he signed his name on each page ?!?

• Options
    macisback said:

As he is probably well aware short-term popularity is not the aim for Govey, he knows the course he has taken all the Educational establishment guns would be on him. The latest political strikes are part of that.

Those Unions know if he succeeds in loosening the LEA controls on schools their power will be much diminished. His thinking is this will benefit children for the future, that will be his legacy, one worth the short-term unpopularity.

What is for sure what went before wasn't working, we had the same sink schools in Derby for decades, one thing in the EL Medina debacle, action was swift, Sinfin School and others were crap for 30 years.

I am simply reporting poll findings without comment. You must be paraonoid

• Options
    edited February 2014

antifrank said:

Nor with their analysis of who is really the boss: So ignore the parliament, Mrs Merkel, and pick the best woman for the job.
    She cant completely ignore them - despite having hardly any democratic legitimacy of their own they are allowed to veto her choice. If Cameron hadnt pulled out of the EPP he'd have more of a say in the process.
  • Options
    Neil said:

antifrank said:

She cant completely ignore them - despite having hardly any democratic legitimacy of their own they are allowed to veto her choice. If Cameron hadnt pulled out of the EPP he'd have more of a say in the process.
    more of a say = they'd listen and still ignore him
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,154

Nick draws the conclusion from this that the Labour lead is reasonably safe, but you can equally draw the opposite conclusion: that those who currently say they'll vote Labour are doing so because they haven't yet been convinced by the Conservative line on the economy. Will that survive what is likely to be a pretty relentless year of the media telling them that the UK is actually doing rather well, and a lot better than most other countries?

And also perhaps a year of the media - far from enthused at the prospect of paying 50% tax rates - telling them that Labour can't be trusted with the economy. Labour has so far shown it has no effective response to this charge. Which is a pretty big limpet mine attached to their little boat....

• Options
    Eric Pickles' limousine bill almost £500,000 | The Sun |News|Politics

EXCLUSIVE: ERIC Pickles lumbers us with a heavyweight limo bill that’s the biggest of any Whitehall department ...

www.thesun.co.uk
  • Options

MikeK said:

So you think the EU should decide roaming charges? That's a mega-bonkers position for a UKIPper.
    Roaming charges are theft by phone companies under another name. You want to keep them Richard? I don't!

However it's you and your lot that support the EU horror, and want to keep it going.
    While I and my lot want to exit the EU monster, and get rid of the any and all elements of it's hideous presence.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @MikeK

'Mike: stuck to to their too comfortable EU seats and perks. Vote them out in May!'

Including troughers like Farage.

'Ukip leader boasts of his £2m in expenses | Politics | The Observer
    www.theguardian.com › News › Politics › European elections‎
    23 May 2009 - Party leader Nigel Farage claims he used EU allowances to finance his eurosceptic message.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Off topic, but the Economist this week argues that Christine Lagarde would make a good EU Commission President:

http://www.economist.com/news/leaders/21595904-if-ever-europe-needed-competent-reformer-new-ideas-it-now-lagarde-president

David Cameron should publicly back her for multiple reasons:

1) He's not going to find a candidate more sympathetic to his views
    2) It would be good for Britain to be seen making positive suggestions about the future of the EU
    3) It would discomfit Francois Hollande, who would find it awkward to oppose a French candidate
    4) Now would be a good time for him to be seen to be pushing a woman for a very senior role

Her remote chance of success is, of course, neither here nor there.

Hmmh. Lawyer backs lawyer for senior position. Hmmh.

(To be fair, I think Christine is fab. Great fan of hers - and of Baker McKenzie. I just wish I could afford their fees...)
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

Roaming charges are theft by phone companies under another name. You want to keep them Richard? I don't!

However it's you and your lot that support the EU horror, and want to keep it going.
    While I and my lot want to exit the EU monster, and get rid of the any and all elements of it's hideous presence.
    Who should pay for the network infrastructure?

• Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    isam said:

EXCLUSIVE: ERIC Pickles lumbers us with a heavyweight limo bill that’s the biggest of any Whitehall department ...

www.thesun.co.uk

The excuse will be......Labour signed up for it for 10 years and they could not get out of it. Also the chauffeur was a unionised immigrant muslim who was still claiming benefits and lives on James Turner Street in Birmingham, but when Eric asked him four years ago, he said he was a upstanding British citizen.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @Clegg_Smithson

You have no reasoned argument. The idea that the 2012 scottish local elections were somehow a disaster for the SNP and not the lib dems is utterly ridiculous.

This entire thread is based on the spin that if the lib dems pour a large enough bucket of shite over Gove then previous lib dem and soft labour voters will somehow forget all that has gone before and forgive Clegg and the lib dems.

They won't.

The only viable strategy Clegg has in the many tory lib dem marginals is trying to boost the kippers and thus denuding the tory vote the lib dems have to beat.

It's why Clegg is trying to make the EU elections about IN or OUT.
    If you can't shift your own vote, shift someone elses.
    The lib dems can't shift their own VI from flatlining at 10% but the tory kipper vote is perfectly capable of moving about and a higher kipper vote is good news for Clegg in those marginals. That strategy has some chance of working, not least because Cammie's own backbenchers are certain to help it along soon enough.

• Options
    saddened said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

Who should pay for the network infrastructure?

The phone companies make enough profit (and I don't begrudge them their profits) to maintain upkeep of networks without resorting to underhand means of getting more cash.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited February 2014
    Old Trafford was like a graveyard with 81 crosses.
  • Options

Why all the angst about the Swiss EU vote? They were asked a question, and they've answered it.

It is relevant to those who argue that the UK could renegotiate freedom of movement without consequence....

• Options

Good.
    I didn't actually think you were trying to welch, just a 'Senior' moment, ho ho.

LOL LOL LOL

;)
  • Options
    Hugh said:

The Tory default mode is scapegoat, attack and smear, but when will they learn this is often counter-productive?

It started in America.....end to boom and bust.....she's just a bigoted woman......

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    edited February 2014
    Blast from the past - An ex-government adviser accused of wanting to smear rail crash survivors has "unreservedly" apologised.

The apology from Dan Corry, a former transport department special adviser, comes after news that he sent an e-mail trying to discover the political sympathies of the Paddington rail crash survivors' group.

Tony Blair has expressed his "regret" over the affair and the government insists the e-mail, which was sent as then Transport Secretary Stephen Byers came under fire under fire from the group, should not have been sent.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/2030685.stm

• Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    I am beginning to find this obsession with the Marmite Education Minister Michael Gove all a bit boring to be honest. First it was the NHS and Lansley, then it was IDS and Welfare and Benefits, and now the focus is on Gove and Education. It would seem that our friends on the left are increasingly accelerating away from the most important bread and butter issues being cited by the voters in polling, like the economy....

Up here in Scotland, we now have the SNP Government's Curriculum for excellence getting its first official outing this year. I have heard nothing but complaints about it from parents and teachers, but barely a mention on PB. :) On a personal level, I am just so relieved that our youngest missed it and landed up in the last year of the old system. I wonder if the SNP will feel the wrath of Scottish parents come the next Holyrood elections, or not?

What Gove needs is results his idea's/changes are working and he needs them Quick.

• Options

isam said:

www.thesun.co.uk

The excuse will be......Labour signed up for it for 10 years and they could not get out of it. Also the chauffeur was a unionised immigrant muslim who was still claiming benefits and lives on James Turner Street in Birmingham, but when Eric asked him four years ago, he said he was a upstanding British citizen.
    No, no,no, no, no. A scottish tory surger will have 'heard' that it's extremely popular from 'parents and friends' and that £500,000 is nowhere near enough. If only the real world would listen.

:D
  • Options
    Half of Ścots don't know its a devolved responsibility.....
    fitalass said:

Up here in Scotland, we now have the SNP Government's Curriculum for excellence getting its first official outing this year. I have heard nothing but complaints about it from parents and teachers, but barely a mention on PB. :)

What Gove needs is results his idea's/changes are working and he needs them Quick.

• Options
    Daily Politics ‏@politics_db 8h

Eric Pickles: Spend aid abroad to stop flooding in the UK http://bit.ly/1krEuA4 | Telegraph

:)
  • Options
    @compouter2

'The excuse will be......Labour signed up for it for 10 years and they could not get out of it.'

Just like the Aircraft carriers.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,078

macisback said:

I am simply reporting poll findings without comment. You must be paraonoid

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!
  • Options
    isam said:

www.thesun.co.uk

Another obese limousine user;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scotland/10423481/Salmond-spends-919-on-limousines-every-London-trip.html

These slobs should stretch their stumpy legs for their own good and that of the public purse.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Something tells me that that is going to change. A member of the last BBC QuestionTime in Scotland was also under the impression that the Holyrood Parliament still had tax raising powers at its disposal, I notice that our Finance Minister John Swinney didn't correct that impression....

Half of Ścots don't know its a devolved responsibility.....

fitalass said:

Up here in Scotland, we now have the SNP Government's Curriculum for excellence getting its first official outing this year. I have heard nothing but complaints about it from parents and teachers, but barely a mention on PB. :)

• Options
    @Mick_Pork

'and that £500,000 is nowhere near enough'

That's one week's troughing by Saint Alex & his mates at the Ryder Cup.

'Outcry at Alex Salmond's £500,000 Ryder Cup bill - The Scotsman
    www.scotsman.com/.../outcry-at-alex-salmond-s-500-000-ryder-cup-bill...‎
    29 Nov 2012 - FM has been criticised for the cost of the trip to Medinah. Picture: Getty ... Why does Alex Salmond cost us so much more? “This comes on top of ...
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Debbie 'Calf' Harris ‏@debbiedaywalker Feb 8

This says it all for me - what Tory politics is all about - Cameron claims SEVEN PENCE for bulldog clip on expenses http://bit.ly/1ebQs8q

Aspie BlackNDN ‏@CreativeAspie

MPs' expenses list reveals David Cameron 'used the system' to claim £21,000 in a year to pay his mortgage... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-556290/MPs-expenses-list-reveals-David-Cameron-used-claim-21-000-year-pay-mortgage.html
    Foptastic.
  • Options
    Trying_hard ‏@just_standing2 Feb 8

'Carry On Claiming' and no its not a comedy! MPs' £4.5m Expenses http://news.sky.com/story/1192817/carry-on-claiming-mps-4-5m-expenses

LawrenceMcNeill ⛔️✌️ ‏@ljam185 Feb 5

@Amras888: MPs 11% pay rise should be blocked : pic.twitter.com/93d5WPjIAo” To be fair some politicians have Moats & Duck houses to maintain!
  • Options
    fitalass said:

Something tells me that that is going to change. A member of the last BBC QuestionTime in Scotland was also under the impression that the Holyrood Parliament still had tax raising powers at its disposal, I notice that our Finance Minister John Swinney didn't correct that impression....

The tax raising powers of the Scottish Parliament were expanded considerably by the Scotland Act 2012. They have been put into effect. Witness the Land and Buildings Transaction Tax (Scotland) Act 2013 and the Landfill Tax (Scotland) Act 2014 for example.
  • Options
    MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26107514

As the flooding is such a blatant example of both how useless and how anti-democratic the quangocracy are the europhile parts of the media are having to really go all out on the mini show trials. It does show how 100% europhile the Cameroons actually are that they're sitting and taking the beasting when the real causes are fully documented.

I wonder if the BBC will ever mention the EU's biodiversity directives and the EA's decision to encourage flooding to meet those EU directives?

This story has got the lot: EU, quangocracy, dishonest Cameroons and BBC news filtering all in one go.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Mick_Pork said:

Debbie 'Calf' Harris ‏@debbiedaywalker Feb 8

This says it all for me - what Tory politics is all about - Cameron claims SEVEN PENCE for bulldog clip on expenses http://bit.ly/1ebQs8q

Aspie BlackNDN ‏@CreativeAspie

MPs' expenses list reveals David Cameron 'used the system' to claim £21,000 in a year to pay his mortgage... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-556290/MPs-expenses-list-reveals-David-Cameron-used-claim-21-000-year-pay-mortgage.html
    Foptastic.

I blame immigrants, single mothers, benefit scroungers, the unions and Crap Ed for the seven pence bulldog clip claim.
  • Options
    @MonikerDiCanio

'Mr Salmond has previously attracted criticism in 2009 for travelling 150 yards in his chauffeur-driven car between the Scottish Parliament and Holyrood Palace to meet the Queen. The next day the Queen, then aged 83, made the same journey on foot.'

Fatso can't even manage to walk 150 yards or his ego trip won't let him?
  • Options
    I've heard some bullshit in my time, but Pickles has taken the trolley, sink, cake and the rest of the neighbourhood here.

Britain’s international aid budget will help reduce flooding in the UK by addressing the causes of climate change abroad, Eric Pickles has said

Seriously ?????????!!!!!!!
  • Options
    john_zims said:

@Mick_Pork

'and that £500,000 is nowhere near enough'

That's one week's troughing by Saint Alex & his mates at the Ryder Cup.

'Outcry at Alex Salmond's £500,000 Ryder Cup bill - The Scotsman
    www.scotsman.com/.../outcry-at-alex-salmond-s-500-000-ryder-cup-bill...‎
    29 Nov 2012 - FM has been criticised for the cost of the trip to Medinah. Picture: Getty ... Why does Alex Salmond cost us so much more? “This comes on top of ...

They start them young at the trough in the SNP;

http://www.scotsman.com/news/politics/top-stories/snp-councillor-escapes-jail-over-election-expenses-1-3262801
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Denis Fernando ‏@redcablesunday

Nigel Farage takes £2 million in expenses/allowances from the taxpayer. Scrounger. #bbcqt http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2009/may/24/mps-expenses-ukip-nigel-farage
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

I've heard some bullshit in my time, but Pickles has taken the trolley, sink, cake and the rest of the neighbourhood here.

Britain’s international aid budget will help reduce flooding in the UK by addressing the causes of climate change abroad, Eric Pickles has said

Seriously ?????????!!!!!!!

Go Eric....has he been on the sauce again?
This discussion has been closed.