Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

This is a serious issue – politicalbetting.com

12346»

Comments

• I've been reading an awful lot of comments on here about how evil or corrupt the Tories/Republicans are, how it's a no brainer that Labour/Democrats are shoo-ins for the next election, how everyone on the right of politics is nasty, and the voters of the right are somehow being conned into acting against their best interests. Yet I can't for the life of me understand where this comes from. I've just entertained a lovely couple from Texas, the nicest, well informed and worldly people you could hope to meet, both avid Trump fans deeply upset by how they perceive the US has fallen under Biden. Not only that, their impression of Britain was of a beautiful country, with affordable prices, hospitable, crowded bars and restaurants. The absolute antithesis of those who think everything has gone to pot under the Conservatives. I'm not really sure what they're supposed to have done that's so bad, 99% of their policies are shared by Starmer anyway, the only real reason Boris was sacked was for a misjudged glass of wine or something equally minor and irrelevant to normal people's lives.

I don't get why I'm supposed to be so mad at the Tories. They tried Truss for a few weeks, it didn't work out so they replaced her. I bet everyone of you reading has at some point started a job only to find it wasn't working, and you had to decide to change plans quickly. Sunak has been a nice, positive, steady pair of hands. I don't see how Starmer's Labour are in any way "nicer" or better for the country. What's in it for me, or my community, or my overseas guests, to vote Labour?

I don't get it. I don't think I'm horrible or stupid, I love people, I love my country, I love the world and I'd gladly vote Conservative or Trump tomorrow. Fascinating chatting to a couple of Texans for whom it's a no-brainer. I felt far more aligned with them than the bitter BBC/Guardian haters! (Did you see the BBC Elon interview? How NEGATIVE an NASTY was that poor interviewer?!) That's not the kind of culture or mentality I want to see representing this green and pleasant land!
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 53,334
    viewcode said:

Sandpit said:

Tucker’s Twitter account has 7m followers. His Tweet from last night now has 63m views in nine hours, and the video 10m views.
    https://twitter.com/TuckerCarlson/status/1656037032538390530

Elon’s reply to Tucker has 21m views
    https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1656079504778092544

Are these numbers meaningful? Not being funny, and I can't recall exactly how many tweets are sent a day, but given the ginormous numbers of social media is 10m significant? Does "a view" mean that a living person watched all of the video?
    The numbers are now 76m for Tucker’s Tweet, 17m for the video, and 27m for Musk’s Tweet - four hours later, and the middle of the night in the US.

I think possibly the single most watched thread in weeks. Very significant.
This discussion has been closed.