Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Latest next PM betting – politicalbetting.com

124»

Comments

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 93,232
    Roger said:

Let’s hope so:

Jacob Rees-Mogg drove the toppling of Theresa May.
    Now he's been the unwitting trigger for the demise of both Johnson and Truss.
    3 strikes and he's out?

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1583083400508104705

I don't see how they can blame him for Johnson or Truss. Obviously it showed their bad judgement appointing such a fool but compared to everything else that was insignificant
    Thats true. As I never tire of noting, Boris took 2 years to make JRM a proper Cabinet Member, and even then didnt trust him with a department. He was a patsy but not central to things.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

I have to say I am starting to get excited now.

Only 5 more PMs to Christmas!

In the future everyone will be PM for 15 minutes.
    I apologise in advance for my disastrous tenure.
  • Options
    darkage said:

DavidL said:

What I want is Rishi as PM, Hunt Chancellor, Mordaunt HS, Gove levelling up Secy and all round coordinator, Wallace as Defence, the Saj back at health, Badenoch possibly Chief Secretary to Treasury etc. A government that makes the most use of the pool of talent available such as it is and with enough experience not to fall over its own feet on a daily basis.

I would take that. Hunt has started on a certain course, they may as well just keep the ship afloat and make some progress going along it. Because the other ideas the tories came up with in the last leadership campaign failed, and they don't have any other ideas. So why not just do something that vaguely works? They don't have to try that hard to win the next election because Labour are going to struggle to come up with anything else. Starmers thing is just to present an image of stability against chaos. But what if the tories are stable? Starmer then just looks like a nonentity with no ideas, and many of the MP's in the party are out of touch activist dating back to the Corbyn era. The tories don't need to do that much to win another majority.
    They wouldn't have to try that hard...were it not for demolishing their reputation. They wont get credit now even if they do very well.
  • Options
    biggles said:

Johnson really is the unflushable turd of British politics.

Give him ten years and he will be exchanging birthday cards with his “bessie mate” V Putin.
    People mock the concept of Boris Derangement Syndrome, but what other explanation can there be for a comment like that?
    I was thinking the same. People just assume Boris is exactly like whichever of Trump or Berlusconi they are in the mood for comparing him to today. That’s a large part of why they keep underestimating him.

As it happens I reckon he comes back in opposition with a smaller party in his image, and then grows it into power.
    I agree with first part, people overdo the comparisons. He's much better than them.

But his attitude and character are at least similar
This discussion has been closed.