Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Trump down in the WH2024 betting after the Mar-a Lago raid – politicalbetting.com

123457»

Comments

• Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,046

Disaster #8 for @Leon ??

Eric Holthaus
    @EricHolthaus
    This is one of the extreme climate disasters I'm most worried about.

A California megaflood would be the world's first $1 trillion weather disaster, and could displace millions of people.

Climate change greatly increases the chances of intense rainfall events.

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/1558185394298146821

I was reliably informed by Ishmaelz that California did not have enough water to fill a reservoir (or words to that effect). So I'd say things are looking up.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Leon said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/close-encounters-pitlochry-kind-2465945

Story from 2009 concerning Calvine UFO incident:

“Newly released Ministry of Defence files reveal they took the unusual step of informing senior Cabinet figures after an unidentified object was captured on camera in Perthshire.”

It’s not a fucking stone reflected in a lake. It might be secret tech. But that in itself is quite the story given the description that it hovered silently for 10 mins before showing instant acceleration.

Actually, I think @Flatlander is likely right

That's a stone in a loch, with an RAF or USAF jet (Harrier?) captured in the same reflection

Look at the angle of the fence. The camera is looking DOWN. It's a reflection

We still need to explain the incredible chicanery around that photo (hoax? Psy ops? Why now?); but I reckon this is a stone in a loch

I am happy to be proven wrong. Let's see what
    Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

Scotland does have quiet calm overcast days. And that supposed flat grey sky could easily be reflected grey sky

My theory: someone took some photos of a loch with a reflected stone and noticed they had captured a stray Harrier in the same image. They realised this looked like a UFO being buzzed and was not obviously disprovable - because it is a photo of something genuine. Not a fake kite or a frisbee

They tried to make money out of it but the UKG over-reacted and closed it all down. Now it emerges, at the optimum time to make cash during the latest UAP flap
    What is more likely: UFOs are visiting us all the time and this is one primary example, or it is a photo of a rock in a loch with a passing jet plane?

There seem to be plenty of more compelling UFO stuff out there (see what I did there?) than this one to be honest.
    Yeah, I think it is a rock in a loch. The fence is at the wrong angle

It is, nonetheless, a remarkable piece of hoaxing, if this is what it is. This photo has been discussed for many years, and now suddenly this ancient dude in Scotland emerges.... with the real photo..... at just the right time!

Hats off to them, if they have hoodwinked half the world with a grainy photo of: a rock in a loch
    Wasn't there a photo of the Loch Ness monster which turned out to be an old tyre?

• moonshinemoonshine Posts: 5,226
    Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

“Newly released Ministry of Defence files reveal they took the unusual step of informing senior Cabinet figures after an unidentified object was captured on camera in Perthshire.”

It’s not a fucking stone reflected in a lake. It might be secret tech. But that in itself is quite the story given the description that it hovered silently for 10 mins before showing instant acceleration.

That's a stone in a loch, with an RAF or USAF jet (Harrier?) captured in the same reflection

We still need to explain the incredible chicanery around that photo (hoax? Psy ops? Why now?); but I reckon this is a stone in a loch

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

Scotland does have quiet calm overcast days. And that supposed flat grey sky could easily be reflected grey sky

My theory: someone took some photos of a loch with a reflected stone and noticed they had captured a stray Harrier in the same image. They realised this looked like a UFO being buzzed and was not obviously disprovable - because it is a photo of something genuine. Not a fake kite or a frisbee

They tried to make money out of it but the UKG
    over-reacted and closed it all down. Now it
    emerges, at the optimum time to make cash
    during the latest UAP flap
    There were six photos taken not just one. The flap could be shut down by declassifying them all, as well as the official report and investigation. Namely, what was told to Cabinet members? Did the MoD not check the flights logs of the two planes (this photo shows one, story at the time said two) before doing that? If there were no flights at that time and/or the flight missions were unremarkable, what is the reason for the extended classification and cabinet briefing?

Will be interesting to see if the hikers come out the woodwork. And after that potentially the pilot.

Leon said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

They tried to make money out of it but the UKG over-reacted and closed it all down. Now it emerges, at the optimum time to make cash during the latest UAP flap
    What is more likely: UFOs are visiting us all the time and this is one primary example, or it is a photo of a rock in a loch with a passing jet plane?

There seem to be plenty of more compelling UFO stuff out there (see what I did there?) than this one to be honest.

It is, nonetheless, a remarkable piece of hoaxing, if this is what it is. This photo has been discussed for many years, and now suddenly this ancient dude in Scotland emerges.... with the real photo..... at just the right time!

Hats off to them, if they have hoodwinked half the world with a grainy photo of: a rock in a loch
    Wasn't there a photo of the Loch Ness monster which turned out to be an old tyre?

That must have been very deflating for believers.
  • DynamoDynamo Posts: 651
    edited August 2022

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

My favourite British UFO story:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/12/30/historic-british-ufo-mystery-prank-played-us-air-force-sas/

Don't you all realise that today's "loch" story is framing background for imminent revelations about the "documents" stolen from the US government by Donald Trump?

And why did he he buy Turnberry?

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/in-the-know/405361-eric-trump-shoots-down-ufo-sighting-at-trump-turnberry/
    Leon said:

"Why now?" is the right question.

More doxing...

Robin Ince 💙
    @robinince
    ·
    1h
    I've been sat alone, in the increasing dark, for the last 90 minutes, watching the stars, and I have never had a stronger desire to be confounded by a UFO

https://twitter.com/robinince/status/1558203295847645185
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,246
    moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

They tried to make money out of it but the UKG
    over-reacted and closed it all down. Now it
    emerges, at the optimum time to make cash
    during the latest UAP flap
    There were six photos taken not just one. The flap could be shut down by declassifying them all, as well as the official report and investigation. Namely, what was told to Cabinet members? Did the MoD not check the flights logs of the two planes (this photo shows one, story at the time said two) before doing that? If there were no flights at that time and/or the flight missions were unremarkable, what is the reason for the extended classification and cabinet briefing?

Will be interesting to see if the hikers come out the woodwork. And after that potentially the pilot.

There is still something odd about the photo. The rock, if it is such, is weirdly angular. There are no ripples, no hint of a liquid surface (but that happens in Scottish lochs on still days). The reflection isn't quite right?

So who knows. But my parsimonious guess is: rock in a loch, and the hoax got out of hand and now people are trying to belatedly cash in

As I have said before: we need Mick West to weigh in. He's great at this stuff. His first reaction is: "kite" - which to me is obviously wrong

If he cannot easily debunk this, then we have a major mystery and maybe one of the most important photos in history. We shall see

Goodnight PB!

Leon said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

And they were all so pumped up.

...etc etc etc.

Leon said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

...etc etc etc.
    A wheel disappointment.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880

It's a bit pathetic, and largely explained by me consulting a bottle of wine on a Friday night, but I've just watched Dunkirk again and it's reduced me to floods of tears. I know I have embarrassed my wife and mother-in-law by so doing, but I think the film sort of represents the country we are. And it makes me proud.

We are a good people. A very good people. And I am proud - so proud.

Get on the meths again next Friday and watch this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sardar_Udham
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880
    Leon said:

moonshine said:

USAF have never had Harrier apart from participation in the UK/FRG/USA Tripartite Evaluation squadron with Kestrel (not exactly Harrier) at RAF West Raynham in 1964 - 65.

Don't do this. You're not good at it. It's like me trying to discuss anchovies or something.
  • pingping Posts: 3,724
    edited August 2022
    Not good news re Salman Rushdie;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62528689

“Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged," his agent, Andrew Wylie said.”

Fuck these Islamists.
    Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

USAF have never had Harrier apart from participation in the UK/FRG/USA Tripartite Evaluation squadron with Kestrel (not exactly Harrier) at RAF West Raynham in 1964 - 65.

Don't do this. You're not good at it. It's like me trying to discuss anchovies or something.
    I don’t give a fuck what the jet is. You can do all that. It’s what you’re good at

What is the object in the middle? The actual UFO? For most of the evening I’ve been convinced it’s a simple optical illusion. A rock in a loch

And yet, now I look at it again: hmmm. The reflection isn’t quite right? It’s a genuine mystery
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,781
    Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

He's not as bad as the Mail, which thought it was a Tornado.
    edited August 2022
    Eabhal said:

Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Here’s a long Twitter debate as to the aircraft ID. With actual pilots rather than elderly fantasists like @Dura_Ace

Conclusion: probably a Harrier

https://twitter.com/lttimmcmillan/status/1558149345022713859?s=21&t=42LT0ewiO4G9JCBeK6KFew
    Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Here’s a long Twitter debate as to the aircraft ID. With actual pilots rather than elderly fantasists like @Dura_Ace

https://twitter.com/lttimmcmillan/status/1558149345022713859?s=21&t=42LT0ewiO4G9JCBeK6KFew
    Nah, @Dura_Ace was pointing out that it wasn't a USAF Harrier, not saying it wasn't a Harrier at all.

Aiui, only the USMC fly Harriers?
    Eabhal said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Nah, @Dura_Ace was pointing out that it wasn't a USAF Harrier, not saying it wasn't a Harrier at all.

This guy sounds authoritative

‘For me, the problem with that is that on August 4, 1990, all of the U.S.'s Harrier's should have been on-station on the USS Nassau and Tarawa in the Middle East. The Gulf War had just started 2 days prior.’
    Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

‘For me, the problem with that is that on August 4, 1990, all of the U.S.'s Harrier's should have been on-station on the USS Nassau and Tarawa in the Middle East. The Gulf War had just started 2 days prior.’
    So, a RN or RAF Harrier. Sounds like the USMC Harriers weren't in the vicinity.
    Eabhal said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

So, a RN or RAF Harrier. Sounds like the USMC Harriers weren't in the vicinity.

Fuck the jet. Who cares. The daily Mail has a photo of where the ufo photo was taken. No lochs anywhere

If they are right the mystery deepens. What is the rhomboid object in the sky?

• Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Er, no. The Gulf War started on 17th January 1991, two days after the deadline for Saddam to vacate Kuwait had passed.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Dura_Ace said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Er, no. The Gulf War started on 17th January 1991, two days after the deadline for Saddam to vacate Kuwait had passed.
    Desert Storm started then, the initial invasion of Kuwait started 2 August 1990
  • edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,136
    Some Alpha Centurian proximity interstellar scouting units have been known to operate refitted earthing-built Harriers for operation in low terrestrial orbits, could be one of those. They switch out the propulsion systems, obviously.
    “Rushdie stabbed 15 times”

Unlikely he survives. Awful
  • vikvik Posts: 157

kle4 said:

DavidL said:

Pretty punchy advert for Liz Cheney by her dad: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/08/04/politics/dick-cheney-donald-trump-coward-wyoming-primary/index.html

Calling a coward and liar a liar and a coward.

In vain it would seem, but at least there are some still fighting againt him.
    3rd party candidate 2024?

A civil war within the Republican party would be better than one nationally.
    Liz Cheney has already ruled out a 3rd party run, in a TV interview. She said that she fears that she would only draw votes away from the Democrat nominee, if she ran as a 3rd party candidate.
  • Disaster #8 for @Leon ??

Eric Holthaus
    @EricHolthaus
    This is one of the extreme climate disasters I'm most worried about.

A California megaflood would be the world's first $1 trillion weather disaster, and could displace millions of people.

Climate change greatly increases the chances of intense rainfall events.

https://twitter.com/EricHolthaus/status/1558185394298146821

I was reliably informed by Ishmaelz that California did not have enough water to fill a reservoir (or words to that effect). So I'd say things are looking up.
    It seems you don't understand the science then because things aren't looking up, flooding due to intense rain is unfortunately common in drought conditions. When the ground is dry under drought conditions the ground is unable to easily absorb the water and if its coming down heavily in thunderstorms then it means not that much water relatively speaking can cause flash flooding. While the ground underneath the flood is still too dry as its not absorbing the water.

Consistent, lighter drizzly rain is more useful than thunderstorms to end a drought.

The ability to have both flooding and drought simultaneously is realistically all too plausible if the rain comes down too heavily. Like cooking food too fast so the outside is burnt but the inside is still undercooked pink chicken or even frozen still.
    "President Joe Biden is preparing to launch his re-election bid in the months after November’s midterm congressional elections, according to multiple aides and allies, setting up a potential 2024 re-match with former President Donald Trump…"
    "An actual announcement would come in the months after the midterms, but allies say the accelerated coordination with the DNC, which has poured resources into crucial swing states ahead of November, is the surest public indication Biden is plotting a second run."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/biden-plots-a-2024-presidential-run-and-a-trump-rematch/ar-AA10zByT
  • DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 23,926
    edited August 2022
    Back to politics. Welsh Secretary Sir Robert Buckland switches from Sunak to Truss.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/08/12/first-cabinet-minister-switches-support-rishi-sunak-liz-truss/ (£££)
    We need Trump
  • CatManCatMan Posts: 2,722

Some Alpha Centurian proximity interstellar scouting units have been known to operate refitted earthing-built Harriers for operation in low terrestrial orbits, could be one of those. They switch out the propulsion systems, obviously.

Well Scientologists think we came to Earth on spaceships that looked like DC9s :expressionless:

Leon said:

We need Trump

To be behind bars?

Or because calling someone "they" is worse than treason and insurrection and trying to end democracy?
    The Woke Cultural Marxist left - of which you are a clueless part - needs to be challenged, examined, extirpated and eliminated. Get rid. I would far prefer it if this was done via a sane hard right republican President. That’s what we need. Not trump

But in the end if it is the woke left versus Trump, I would choose the insane maniac trump. Because the Left is even worse. See the apologists for the Rushdie attacker, today.
  • Betfair next prime minister
    1.11 Liz Truss 90%
    10 Rishi Sunak 10%

Next Conservative leader
    1.1 Liz Truss 91%
    10 Rishi Sunak 10%

No change.

Betfair next prime minister
    1.11 Liz Truss 90%
    10 Rishi Sunak 10%

Next Conservative leader
    1.1 Liz Truss 91%
    10 Rishi Sunak 10%
  • Leon said:

Leon said:

We need Trump

To be behind bars?

Or because calling someone "they" is worse than treason and insurrection and trying to end democracy?
    The Woke Cultural Marxist left - of which you are a clueless part - needs to be challenged, examined, extirpated and eliminated. Get rid. I would far prefer it if this was done via a sane hard right republican President. That’s what we need. Not trump

But in the end if it is the woke left versus Trump, I would choose the insane maniac trump. Because the Left is even worse. See the apologists for the Rushdie attacker, today.
    Betfair Republican nominee for the 2024 election (as thread header) now:-
    2.44 Trump
    2.88 De Santis
    16 Pence
  • Energy prices push trade deficit to record high

Britain’s trade deficit in the first half of this year reached its highest level as a share of GDP for any six-month period since records began in the mid-1950s.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/energy-prices-push-trade-deficit-to-record-high-x38xhbv9r (£££)
  • edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,136
    edited August 2022
    On topic they kind of have to prosecute him now, don't they? If Trump hadn't demagogued the search they could have just satisfied themselves he no longer had classified documents to show off to his dinner guests and that would have been that. But as it is the desire to stay out of politics is inverted: It looks more like a political put-up job if they *don't* bring charges and make them stick.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,572
    Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

What even is that UFO photo?

I've looked at this case and my suspicion is that most people in the story are telling the truth - as they see it. ie this is a real photo of something genuinely odd in the Scottish sky. It's not "a reflection in a loch" or a "kite"

But WTF it is, I have no idea. Black tech?

Did you read the Mail's headline?

Revealed after 32 years: The 'most spectacular UFO photo ever captured' - or the first glimpse of America's fabled top-secret Aurora spy plane program?
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11106737/Most-spectacular-UFO-photo-captured-glimpse-secret-Aurora-spy-plane-program.html
    That is a deeply unspectacular photo.
    Could be literally anything, including an oddly shaped frisbee.
    Or you could read the professional photo prof analysis

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tWMZ232qgDE6Tru7jwgG-nsqoeQZpIm3/view
    Which says that it’s quite likely a picture of something in front of the camera.
    Spectacular.
    It says a bit more than that. You are so dim wittedly autistic
    And you so politely brilliant.
    As ever.
    As predicted, the brave boys of Fox News rush out their libel defence.

Fox News' Brian Kilmeade clarifies that image of judge at center of Trump search warrant was a fake
    “This depiction never took place & we wanted to make clear that we were showing a meme in jest," the Fox News host tweeted.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/12/brian-kilmeade-judge-trump-warrant-00051527

Meanwhile.

Florida judge who approved FBI search of Mar-a-Lago faces barrage of antisemitic online attacks
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/12/florida-judge-fbi-search-of-mar-a-lago-anti-semitic-attacks-00051489
    Leon said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

Hats off to them, if they have hoodwinked half the world …
    Well, you and moonshine. :smile:

Energy prices push trade deficit to record high

Britain’s trade deficit in the first half of this year reached its highest level as a share of GDP for any six-month period since records began in the mid-1950s.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/energy-prices-push-trade-deficit-to-record-high-x38xhbv9r (£££)

4.5% of GDP is not good…
    This is a good point.
    https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1558297623118979077
    The problem with the “Trump declassified everything by unwritten fiat” argument is not just the absence of any contemporaneous evidence that it happened; it’s that, if presidents had that kind of power, Biden could just reclassify everything Trump declassified in one fell swoop.
    Leon said:

Leon said:

We need Trump

To be behind bars?

I think Rushdie himself would be utterly horrified if the attack on him is used as argument for a new Trump presidency or a revival of the extreme Right.

Rushdie is a liberal & a democrat.
  • On topic they kind of have to prosecute him now, don't they? If Trump hadn't demagogued the search they could have just satisfied themselves he no longer had classified documents to show off to his dinner guests and that would have been that. But as it is the desire to stay out of politics is inverted: It looks more like a political put-up job if they *don't* bring charges and make them stick.

The question might still be, what prompted this search? Had Trump been boasting to friends? Was there an audit of government records? There had earlier been concerns about foreign agents accessing Mar-A-Lago, for instance.

2.44 Trump
    2.88 De Santis
    16 Pence

The related bet "Will Trump run in 2024?" has Yes on 1.29.

I just do not see the Republican Party primary voters rejecting Trump if he actually decides to run.

The fate of the 10 Congressional Republicans who voted to impeach Trump is worth remembering.

4 out of the 10 (Upton, Kinzinger, Gonzalez & Katko) chose to retire, presumably because they knew they would be defeated.

3 have already been defeated (Herrera-Beutler, Meijer & Rice) & 1 more (Cheney) is almost certain to be defeated.

Only 2 (Valadao & Newhouse) will be on the ballot in November & only because they are in strongly Democrat states (Washington & California) & ran in jungle primaries with a Democrat getting the other slot.

These are not the signs of a Republican party that is on the path to rejecting Trumpism.
  • kamskikamski Posts: 4,199
    I don't know why people indulge the disgusting far right ranter calling for groups of people (including explicitly other posters) to be "eliminated".
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good morning, everyone.

While I didn't sleep well, my strategy of watching Captain America: the Winter Soldier until about 2am and then trying to sleep proved more effective than attempting an earlier bedtime on Thursday night. Be glad when this nonsense is over with.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,064
    kamski said:

I don't know why people indulge the disgusting far right ranter calling for groups of people (including explicitly other posters) to be "eliminated".

Between his half arsed conspiracy theories, instagrammed travel and dining and his right wing bigotry @Leon is the most tedious bore on this site.
  • noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,454
    Foxy said:

kamski said:

Between his half arsed conspiracy theories, instagrammed travel and dining and his right wing bigotry @Leon is the most tedious bore on this site.
    To be fair there used to be a few ex posters that were a bit worse, I think their handles were something like Byronic and SeanT.
  • noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,454
    Nigelb said:

This is a good point.
    https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1558297623118979077
    The problem with the “Trump declassified everything by unwritten fiat” argument is not just the absence of any contemporaneous evidence that it happened; it’s that, if presidents had that kind of power, Biden could just reclassify everything Trump declassified in one fell swoop.

Yes, but Trump will say he declassified the documents he took. Biden is not going to say he re-classified them.
    CNN analyst says the intel Trump stole are so sensitive that FBI agents will begin FINGER PRINTING each document to find out who actually touched them.
    https://twitter.com/BrianDMcBride/status/1558203639176564736
  • moonshine said:

Leon said:

PB is going to be quite the place when it is finally revealed that I have been right, all along, about

1 A plague is coming
    2 It came from the lab
    3 w3w will go mega
    4 Dalle-2 and GPT3 are the first signs of genuine AI
    6 Liz Truss is a BDSM switch
    6 Newent is weirdly shit

and

7 Aliens are here, or at least the US government has freaked itself into BELIEVING they are here

I'm pretty confident on the first 6, let us see as to point 7

No you are wrong about 7.
    What do you think explains the raft of statements from a wide range of security, military, academic and political figures in the last 2 years?

Trying to justify their budget.
  • ydoethur said:

Interview with Mogg.

Mogg doesn't think it is realistic that Johnson will return to high office.

He has no idea what Johnson will do as far as staying on as MP or not is concerned and unsure what he would advise.

No one has returned as party leader since Gladstone he says.

https://twitter.com/GBNEWS/status/1558211732459356162

Ramsay Macdonald did. As did Asquith. As did, more pertinently, Bonar Law after resigning.

No wonder even Oxford could only give him a third in History.
    So did Alex Salmond, so did Nigel Farage, many many times.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,585
    Leon said:

Leon said:

We need Trump

To be behind bars?

Off topic

You are going to be nursing a massive hangover this morning.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,912

Leon said:

Leon said:

We need Trump

To be behind bars?

2.44 Trump
    2.88 De Santis
    16 Pence
    Is 16 Pence the monetary value of the Republican party's remaining integrity? Seems a bit high to be honest.
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 66,743

Leon said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Leon said:

moonshine said:

Mick West says
    Why no ripples?

...etc etc etc.
    A wheel disappointment.
    No need to rubber tin.

ydoethur said:

Interview with Mogg.

He has no idea what Johnson will do as far as staying on as MP or not is concerned and unsure what he would advise.

Ramsay Macdonald did. As did Asquith. As did, more pertinently, Bonar Law after resigning.

So did Alex Salmond, so did Nigel Farage, many many times.
    And Ieuan Wyn Jones.
  • OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 14,912

Leon said:

Leon said:

We need Trump

To be behind bars?

The apologists for the attack on Rushdie are an irrelevant tiny fringe, with no hold on power. Meanwhile, the Trumpite Right, who reject democracy, are a majority within the GOP.

Give your head a wobble. Trump is the more immediate threat, and it isn't a forced choice between the two.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_Marxism_conspiracy_theory

A reminder that "cultural Marxism" is an antisemitic conspiracy theory.
  • TazTaz Posts: 10,703
    This thread has regenerated into Matt Smith
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709
    ydoethur said:

Interview with Mogg.

Ramsay Macdonald did. As did Asquith. As did Arthur Henderson. As did, more pertinently, Bonar Law after resigning.

Jo Grimond also had a second spell as Liberal leader, but that was officially a temporary position.

He didn't get a third, he got an upper second
    HYUFD said:

ydoethur said:

Interview with Mogg.

Ramsay Macdonald did. As did Asquith. As did Arthur Henderson. As did, more pertinently, Bonar Law after resigning.

Jo Grimond also had a second spell as Liberal leader, but that was officially a temporary position.

He didn't get a third, he got an upper second
    As Captain Rumm said, opinion is divided on the subject - he says that he got a 2:1, and the rest of his year say he got a third.

Anyway, Oxford's history degree is a joke, they gave Dominic Cummings a first so quality is clearly not their watchword.
This discussion has been closed.