Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Dear Prime Minister, the trend is not your friend – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,066

According to Owen Jones, Keir Starmer supporters are "the most tedious and ridiculous Waitrose customers"

Burn

Owen Jones became famous for writing a book about class warfare and name calling.

He seems to have been driven mad by his flirtation with Corbynism.
    Owen Jones called for Corbyn to resign in 2017. He was right.
    Yes, and then he cravenly fell in with the Corbyn crowd.

Owen lives in Islington, not far from a Waitrose which is very likely his preferred supermarket.
    People who go on about other people shopping at Waitrose always shop at Waitrose themselves.
  • Options
    DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,114

According to Owen Jones, Keir Starmer supporters are "the most tedious and ridiculous Waitrose customers"

Burn

Owen Jones became famous for writing a book about class warfare and name calling.

Owen lives in Islington, not far from a Waitrose which is very likely his preferred supermarket.
    People who go on about other people shopping at Waitrose always shop at Waitrose themselves.
    The whole Waitrose thing’s a bit weird to me.
  • Options
    Leon said:

What is this endless grey weather shit

The sun is shining in Cornwall.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,115
    Several people were expecting this. What will the BoE do?
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,067

Leon said:

Grey and muggy in gods own country - south Durham
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,135

Several people were expecting this. What will the BoE do?
    Match it, basis point for basis point.

• Options

rcs1000 said:

Driver said:

Nigelb said:

I like Wikipedia a lot, even donate to it, but their editorial policies leave something to be desired.

How a prominent American composer lost his Wikipedia page—and got entangled in a Kafkaesque nightmare trying to get it back
    https://twitter.com/tedgioia/status/1552317962928984065

The biggest problem with Wikipedia is that it's run by the people who can devote lots of time to putting up with all the crap.
    I have a delicious anecdote about the creator of Wikipedia that I'm not sure I can share on the board.
    I wish I'd done something half-salacious in my life so people could tell secret delicious anecdotes about me.
    I heard that you shag flags.
    A novel wank sock.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Leon said:

And Devon

Go west, young man
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,845
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

And Devon

Go west, young man
    And keep going.
    A balmy 29 in New York.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,072
    Taz said:

Burn

He’s a weathervane.
    No he is not. But the word I have in mind does begin with "w".
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,583

Conservatives tearing themselves apart.

Labour “Hold my beer”

If you see Keir Starmer out and about, call him what he is - a conman and a liar - and film it.

Enough of letting our politicians getting away with this grotesque level of dishonesty.

https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1552345276077277186?s=21&t=9i154HFpWLmrsk_KKnkSXA

Don't worry yourself Carlotta, it's only Owen Jones. Nothing to see, move along.

But what of Sam Tarry you say?
    Nothing to see now as the tweet's gone
  • Options

DougSeal said:

Burn

The English elite is incredibly narrow and they all hate each other and themselves. Thus Tories who live in Islington and attend dinner parties go on about left wing luvvies who live in Islington and attend dinner parties. Privately educated Labourites go on about posh Tories. They all knew each other at Oxford. They are all awful. In theory the country deserves better, but in reality it gets the leaders it deserves.
    The UK is a country where you can tell what class someone is by the soap powder they use.
  • Options

DougSeal said:

Burn

The English elite is incredibly narrow and they all hate each other and themselves. Thus Tories who live in Islington and attend dinner parties go on about left wing luvvies who live in Islington and attend dinner parties. Privately educated Labourites go on about posh Tories. They all knew each other at Oxford. They are all awful. In theory the country deserves better, but in reality it gets the leaders it deserves.
    Boris Johnson calling Starmer posh was a particular highlight
  • Options

DougSeal said:

Burn

Chippiness problem well in hand, I see
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Driver said:

Nigelb said:

I like Wikipedia a lot, even donate to it, but their editorial policies leave something to be desired.

How a prominent American composer lost his Wikipedia page—and got entangled in a Kafkaesque nightmare trying to get it back

The biggest problem with Wikipedia is that it's run by the people who can devote lots of time to putting up with all the crap.
    I have a delicious anecdote about the creator of Wikipedia that I'm not sure I can share on the board.
    I wish I'd done something half-salacious in my life so people could tell secret delicious anecdotes about me.
    No he tells people about all the flags they should be shagging
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,291

Labour “Hold my beer”

If you see Keir Starmer out and about, call him what he is - a conman and a liar - and film it.

Enough of letting our politicians getting away with this grotesque level of dishonesty.

https://twitter.com/owenjones84/status/1552345276077277186?s=21&t=9i154HFpWLmrsk_KKnkSXA

Don't worry yourself Carlotta, it's only Owen Jones. Nothing to see, move along.

Wasn't that some sort of incitement?
  • Options
    Owen Jones:

Factionalism and sacking people under Corbyn - good

Factionalism and sacking people under Keir - bad
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,793

DougSeal said:

Burn

The waitrose thing as a class insult is at least 10 years out of date. Its stupid. I shop at Asda personally because it is the closest shop. If it was a Waitrose i'd go there instead. This whole discourse is idiotic and embarrassing.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

Burn

And this is how they police their borders.
  • Options
    darkage said:

DougSeal said:

Burn

The waitrose thing as a class insult is at least 10 years out of date. Its stupid. I shop at Asda personally because it is the closest shop. If it was a Waitrose i'd go there instead. This whole discourse is idiotic and embarrassing.
    Waitrose do a £3.50 meal deal!
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,027

Labour “Hold my beer”

To avoid the most tedious people on the internet misconstruing what I said, I’ll rephrase it:

If Keir Starmer comes campaigning in your area, challenge him politely but robustly on the lies he said to become leader of the Labour Party.

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1552358208034988032
  • Options
    Owen Jones would rather see a Tory Government forever.

He has not done anything for the working class
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,130

DougSeal said:

Burn

The UK is a country where you can tell what class someone is by the soap powder they use.
    We use surcare, as it’s the only non fragranced one we can find, and my wife suffers hugely from perfume allergies.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,583
    Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

Great, isn't it? You get nostalgic for that uniform, filtered light sky.
    As Bill Bryson said, living in Britain is like living in a Tupperware box. In the fridge
    He hated it so much, he moved here.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,095
    Taz said:

rcs1000 said:

Driver said:

Nigelb said:

A novel wank sock.
    Just don't use a Jolly Roger.

He might not be so jolly afterwards.....
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,213

Keir Starmer has sacked shadow minister Sam Tarry.

Labour spox: “This isn’t about appearing on a picket line. Members of the frontbench sign up to collective responsibility. That includes media appearances being approved and speaking to agreed frontbench positions.

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1552326078458380288?s=20&t=3SuGEi6DsYQ39rLoSrPqNw

How's this for Corbynista bias?

The Elizabeth Line serves Sam Tarry's Ilford South, but NOT Wes Streeting's Ilford North!
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,161

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

As Bill Bryson said, living in Britain is like living in a Tupperware box. In the fridge
    To Yorkshire iirc.

Which has its fair share of slate grey skies.

• Options
    Out boozing x
  • Options

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

I went off Bill Bryson when he said that the British, by their very nature, would have knuckled down and made life under Soviet occupation tolerable. Rather patronizing I thought.
  • Options

Owen Jones would rather see a Tory Government forever.

He has not done anything for the working class

Prediction: He will be one of the first and most enthusiastic to hail "the sea change transformation" of a Labour Starmer/Reeves government in 2024/5 and burble on about how this shows the country has changed and moved on from neo-liberal economics and warmongering and baby eating and so on.

Having done almost nothing personally except snipe from the side to get from here to there.

• Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,130

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

To Yorkshire iirc.

Norfolk for a time, certainly. Bumped into him in the UEA sports village.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,543

Out boozing x

Don't over do it dear boy.
  • Options

Out boozing x

Cracking stuff.

What’s your tipple ? A craft beer, wine, lager ?
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

Burn

If you want to be a house n*gr* I'm recruiting.
  • Options
    Taz said:

Out boozing x

Cracking stuff.

What’s your tipple ? A craft beer, wine, lager ?
    Lager, then wine, then shots!!!!
  • Options
  • Options

Labour “Hold my beer”

To avoid the most tedious people on the internet misconstruing what I said, I’ll rephrase it:

If Keir Starmer comes campaigning in your area, challenge him politely but robustly on the lies he said to become leader of the Labour Party.

https://twitter.com/OwenJones84/status/1552358208034988032
    Wow. I hadn't seen it until now. No room for doubt. Jones wants the Tory party to win in 2024/5 because that would be better than a Labour leader who followed the classic 'run from the left and then tack to the centre' strategy that is bog standard in US Dem politics.

And he obviously hates Waitrose, which last time I looked was... a shop.

• Options
    Foxy said:
    Looks like a load of Waitrose shoppers to me, on a bit of a day out.

• Options
    Shots are out!

Tequillllaaaa
  • Options

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

I went off Bill Bryson when he said that the British, by their very nature, would have knuckled down and made life under Soviet occupation tolerable. Rather patronizing I thought.
    Fairly accurate though. Pretty much all countries have a lot of collaborators when occupied.
  • Options
    Daveyboy1961Daveyboy1961 Posts: 3,380

DougSeal said:

Burn

We use surcare, as it’s the only non fragranced one we can find, and my wife suffers hugely from perfume allergies.
    Soap?
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

IshmaelZ said:

DougSeal said:

Burn

If you want to be a house n*gr* I'm recruiting.
    Mr Chippy in off topic flag shock

It pisses off the mods, all of whom are so much more awful than you can imagine in your wildest dreams, that they went to Cambridge.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

Fairly accurate though. Pretty much all countries have a lot of collaborators when occupied.
    It wasn't really about collaboration; it was more that there is something about the British psyche that would rather enjoy communist oppression.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

It wasn't really about collaboration; it was more that there is something about the British psyche that would rather enjoy communist oppression.
    Undeniably true.

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924
    geoffw said:

Matt Ridley on the Wuhan market hypothesis
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/has-the-lab-leak-theory-really-been-disproved-
    Anyone seen Matt and Leon in the same room?

I haven't read the article, but the only thing it is possible to positively prove would be the lab leak hypothesis, and then only if an employee or two came out and said 'yes, it happened here'.

(And it is worth noting that it's perfectly possible it to have been a lab leak, without the lab itself even knowing.)

Absent an actual ablation, it's all conjecture and probabilities.

It seems unlikely that it is a mere coincidence that the city where bat coronaviruses were studied had an outbreak of a bat coronavirus.

But that's all we have right now.
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522
    South Africa's catching has been atrocious today.
  • Options

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

To Yorkshire iirc.

Norfolk for a time, certainly. Bumped into him in the UEA sports village.
    Wiki tells us he lived in Kirby Malham, N Yorks in 1990s and then Norfolk. Now Hampshire.

I didn't realise he had been the editor of the business section of the Indie.

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,314
    Nigelb said:

Weren't we assured he was almost dead ?

Biden tests negative, will end Covid isolation
    https://www.politico.com/news/2022/07/27/biden-tests-negative-will-end-covid-isolation-00048160

Yes, but that was before he got Covid.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,115

Taz said:

Burn

He’s a weathervane.
    No he is not. But the word I have in mind does begin with "w".
    'Cock' does not begin with 'w,' although 'weathercock' does.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,298
    Driver said:

South Africa's catching has been atrocious today.

Well apart from the Buttler catch.
  • Options
    100 partnership in 32 balls!
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,867
    At this stage it would probably be better for Rishi Sunak if he just withdrew. This flip-flipping around is embarrassing.
    https://twitter.com/DPJHodges/status/1552364929398743040
    https://twitter.com/PA/status/1552363506665676801

It would be fabulous if Rishi withdrew. BoZo would be out immediately and while the members want Truss when she blows up they can say "Well we didn't vote for her..."

Go on, you know it makes sense
  • Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 3,885

DougSeal said:

Burn

The UK is a country where you can tell what class someone is by the soap powder they
    use.
    Or which decade they live in, if still using soap powder.

• Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,322
    Grammar fascist note: the first para of the leader could do with a run through MS Word - "voters wants" ..."tweets states", and what does "think nice" mean?
  • Options
    BlancheLivermoreBlancheLivermore Posts: 5,195
    edited July 2022

And 50 for Moeen off 16
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:
    I was a student in Leeds back in the day and no way on God's green earth would anyone in the city describe Roundhay area as deprived or suffering.

• Options

Grammar fascist note: the first para of the leader could do with a run through MS Word - "voters wants" ..."tweets states", and what does "think nice" mean?

"...think 'nice,' " I think.
  • Options
    DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

The last of these could use some quotation marks. 69: "nice".
  • Options
    As Richard Quest outlined in the S Times (he attended the same school as Truss) the issue for him was that the catchment area for Roundhay's two ex-grammar schools (which merged to form the comp) was massively expanded way beyond the sought-after leafy suburbs of Roundhay.

Truss is fabricating her past imho.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

They Cannes come up with some silly ideas.
  • Options

Scott_xP said:
    I was a student in Leeds back in the day and no way on God's green earth would anyone in the city describe Roundhay area as deprived or suffering.

Didn't Jimmy Saville own Roundhay Park?
  • Options
    Driver said:

The last of these could use some quotation marks. 69: "nice".
    That's rather a personal comment on Mr Eagles' preferences.
  • Options

And 50 for Moeen off 16
    record - probably in any format.

and the 33 in an over is the most England have ever scored in an over.

Boycott would have taken 8 sessions.....
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Foxy said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

There is something to that. The British do have a tendency to masochism.

I think they would have to be endogenous Communist oppressors though.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,365
    IshmaelZ said:

Leon said:

And Devon

Go west, young man
    It's been nice in Greater Manchester today.

And it's been the driest July on record. Complaining about a mildly cloudy day the week after the hottest day on record seems a little churlish.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,045
    stodge said:

Back on topic.

I said once Johnson had dedicated his whole life and career to becoming Prime Minister. The unfortunate truth was consequences meant the job he expected and wanted wasn't what was on offer. He won the election but ran straight into a global pandemic which changed everything.

Instead of inculcating the nation with post-Brexit optimism, he was faced with the awful (for him) prospect of shutting us all in our homes and suspending normal life and frivolity.

The thing for which he dreamt was in reality a nightmare and now he will live his life in the past tense. Some Conservatives may want him back (not surprising considering the choices on offer as his successor) but there's no mood in the country for him at present and it's hard to see how he could return. Would he want to be leader of a much reduced Parliamentary Party facing a triumphant Starmer? I suspect not - in truth the next Conservative leader after Truss (or Sunak) is probably Kemi Badenoch but whether she will end up the Hague de nos jours remains to be seen.

Johnson disreputable behaviour worked in the media and maybe even as mayor of London. But being Prime minister isn't a job where you can just do what you want. You are on a pedestal for people to shoot at 24/7. How could he not have understood this?
  • Options

TSE's Yorkshire dialect? Who knew!
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,945
    Scott_xP said:
    She seems to describe it as something of a sink estate.
    It's so posh it's a bit of Leeds which used to be famous for its rugby union side!
  • Options
    Speaking of Wuhan - just when you thought it safe:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-62322484
  • Options

Though, for the pure popcorn fantastic giggles what if Sunak throws in the towel and the 1922 say that the third placed candidate goes into the ballot as they are determined the members get a say.

LOL.

Max lols indeed
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

At this stage it would probably be better for Rishi Sunak if he just withdrew. This flip-flipping around is embarrassing.

It would be fabulous if Rishi withdrew. BoZo would be out immediately and while the members want Truss when she blows up they can say "Well we didn't vote for her..."

We can blame the MPs for the choice they gave us.

*sucking air through teeth*

"Wouldn't have done that myself....."
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

As my Mar Seilles, “you can fool some of the people Arles the time and Arles the people some of the time”.

• Options
    boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

As my Mar Seilles, “you can fool some of the people Arles the time and Arles the people some of the time”.

But Boris was caught Lyon once too often.

(Yes, I know that doesn't work, in fact there's a Gulf between how we pronounce it and the French do. But it's difficult to come up with a decent pun on 'lying' in French. It breaks every Loire of pronunciation.)
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Though, for the pure popcorn fantastic giggles what if Sunak throws in the towel and the 1922 say that the third placed candidate goes into the ballot as they are determined the members get a say.

LOL.
    Works for me.....

• Options
    So Liz Truss is doing very poorly with the voters she needs to win over. Ok
  • Options
    SHOTS
    SHOT
    SHOTS!
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

Yes. Some of them are strongly in favour of bes; but me, i'm very...
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

(Yes, I know that doesn't work, in fact there's a Gulf between how we pronounce it and the French do. But it's difficult to come up with a decent pun on 'lying' in French. It breaks every Loire of pronunciation.)
    A-miens.....really?
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    ydoethur said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

He's very much in favour of Brest.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

Boris’ lying just Saint Ma Low. She felt the pain of his behaviour deep in her Brest. To her he was the Rouen of conservatism.

• Options
    dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

These puns have officially gone the full Monte.
  • Options
    numbertwelvenumbertwelve Posts: 5,437
    Ok, I’m going to try and mount a defence of Liz Truss re the schooling.

I find it somewhat curious that the Guardian is now seeking to uphold the quality of state school education under the Thatcher government. I suspect that their issue here isn’t someone complaining that they didn’t feel their state school was able to compete in giving opportunities to their students, but who is saying it. Funny, that.

I also find it amusing that so much energy is being expended to rebut Truss’s experiences (what happened to people’s own “truth”?) which I suspect would not be the case if, say, a figure on the left had the same complaints.

A lot of what Truss says rings true in the state school system of that era: there were good and bad schools, but no matter how good the school was run or well meaning the teachers were they couldn’t compete with the private sector in terms of the opportunities and attention they could bestow on their students. I’m not suggesting that means the school was terrible (perhaps Truss could be accused of over-egging the pudding here).

The angle I think is far more damaging is the fact that she is complaining about the Thatcher era education system whilst… err… running as the heir to Thatcher. In fact there seems to be a lot about Tory governments Liz doesn’t like. She didn’t think her school was up to scratch under Thatcher, she thinks that the Tory government she’s been a member of wasn’t radical enough on the economy, and she certainly doesn’t agree with her government’s tax rises. Perhaps someone needs to ask Liz what she is doing running for leader of a Party she seems to have been at odds with for large chunks of her life?

• Options
    Scott_xP said:

Scott_xP said:

Dunno about that. But I did see U2 there in 1993.
  • Options
    Jim_MillerJim_Miller Posts: 2,478
    If you're looking for just the right temperature today, you probably can find it in my area. The high here should be around 33 degrees Celsius at sea level, and about 0 degrees Celsius at 14,411 feet at the summit of Mt. Rainier, about 60 miles away from Seattle. So, somewhere in between, it should be just right for you.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 46,854
    THIS is interesting

A properly funny young comic in America. Notably unWoke but manages to stay the right side of the line. Highly political, great riffs on Trump

https://youtu.be/zKUpf1Vx0vs

Would this be allowed in the UK? Some say not
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

Dijon’t you get the memo about keeping the French puns going otherwise everyone gets Bordeaux of the constant political discourse.
  • Options
    ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,910
    Leon said:

Scotland?
  • Options

Ok, I’m going to try and mount a defence of Liz Truss re the schooling.

I find it somewhat curious that the Guardian is now seeking to uphold the quality of state school education under the Thatcher government. I suspect that their issue here isn’t someone complaining that they didn’t feel their state school was able to compete in giving opportunities to their students, but who is saying it. Funny, that.

I also find it amusing that so much energy is being expended to rebut Truss’s experiences (what happened to people’s own “truth”?) which I suspect would not be the case if, say, a figure on the left had the same complaints.

A lot of what Truss says rings true in the state school system of that era: there were good and bad schools, but no matter how good the school was run or well meaning the teachers were they couldn’t compete with the private sector in terms of the opportunities and attention they could bestow on their students. I’m not suggesting that means the school was terrible (perhaps Truss could be accused of over-egging the pudding here).

The angle I think is far more damaging is the fact that she is complaining about the Thatcher era education system whilst… err… running as the heir to Thatcher. In fact there seems to be a lot about Tory governments Liz doesn’t like. She didn’t think her school was up to scratch under Thatcher, she thinks that the Tory government she’s been a member of wasn’t radical enough on the economy, and she certainly doesn’t agree with her government’s tax rises. Perhaps someone needs to ask Liz what she is doing running for leader of a Party she seems to have been at odds with for large chunks of her life?

Someone - maybe an enterprising young journalist perhaps! - should ask her whether she thinks her school would have been better staying as two separate (girl/boy) grammars and being 11+ plus selective or as a merged, expanded comp.

Richard Quest in his S Times piece says a lot of the problems were around shellshocked former grammar school teachers suddenly facing a new, wider non-11-plus intake and being totally lost and unable to maintain control.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Scott_xP said:

Scott_xP said:

He owned a penthouse flat there. Lived there for 30 years.
    Don't think he owned the park though.
    Can you own a park?
    Surely it becomes your garden rather than a park then?

Edit. It belongs to Leeds City Council.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,827

Scott_xP said:

Scott_xP said:

Dunno about that. But I did see U2 there in 1993.
    Which two. Scott and someone else!
  • Options
    boulay said:

ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

Dijon’t you get the memo about keeping the French puns going otherwise everyone gets Bordeaux of the constant political discourse.
    Not much Toulouse by continuing.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

dixiedean said:

ydoethur said:

boulay said:

ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

Not much Toulouse by continuing.
    Tolouse is to win, and he who wins shall lose.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,924

Labour spox: “This isn’t about appearing on a picket line. Members of the frontbench sign up to collective responsibility. That includes media appearances being approved and speaking to agreed frontbench positions.

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1552326078458380288?s=20&t=3SuGEi6DsYQ39rLoSrPqNw

The Elizabeth Line serves Sam Tarry's Ilford South, but NOT Wes Streeting's Ilford North!
    My understanding is that it is to be renamed the Elizabeth Truss Line.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,027
    rcs1000 said:

My understanding is that it is to be renamed the Elizabeth Truss Line.
    It should be the Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,645

Foxy said:

Leon said:

kle4 said:

Leon said:

I still like him, but it did basically come across as the old 'Good idea poorly executed' line even whilst saying it was a terrible system.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,545
    Nigelb said:

Note, Gioia does still have his own Wikipedia entry
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Gioia
    And for those who enjoy trivia, had one of his compositions feature on Better Call Saul a week ago.

Kafkaesque is an exaggeration. It’s simple stuff if you’re familiar with Wikipedia’s ways… but of course most people aren’t. But any complex operation is going to appear complicated from the outside. I don’t think there’s a magic solution to that.
This discussion has been closed.