Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

This looks problematic for Number 10 – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,475

EXC: Durham Police have asked Beergate witnesses if they'd be prepared to testify in court

At least one witness has told the police they agree to testify, if any fines are challenged

The witness claims the Durham gathering was 'entirely social'

https://twitter.com/avmikhailova/status/1543280745422241793

It "was entirely social" is of course an opinion.

The witness has claimed it was entirely social all along as far as I am aware, so nothing new
    Yes, and even if the witness is right that the bit he saw was entirely social, the question for plod is whether it was part of a wider work event, ie campaigning.
  • Options
    wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 7,050
    IshmaelZ said:

EXC: Durham Police have asked Beergate witnesses if they'd be prepared to testify in court

At least one witness has told the police they agree to testify, if any fines are challenged

Lolzapalooza.
    Keir's Curry night piss up with Mazza Foy and The Ginge. Legends.
    As I understand it it would be the Crown Court and a criminal conviction if guilty

Starmer surely is better accepting a fine than that if it is true
    Magistrates court but yes criminal conviction
    Keir and the beak. A comedy drama for the ages
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,344
    IshmaelZ said:

Lolzapalooza.
    Keir's Curry night piss up with Mazza Foy and The Ginge. Legends.
    As I understand it it would be the Crown Court and a criminal conviction if guilty

Starmer surely is better accepting a fine than that if it is true
    Magistrates court but yes criminal conviction
    Thanks
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623

Carnyx said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

Many disastrous things are happening to the Tories. Not sure this is one

So Boris knew this guy had a character flaw, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Isn’t that the charitable, Christian thing to do?

Perhaps Mr Pincher was given a warning before he took up the job? “No groping, please”. Which would be entirely fair

Or are we going to ban anyone from having a job if they have “a reputation”?

Certainly having a Finance Minister who rather liked very young chaps in their sports kit didn't ultimately damage the SNP very much.
    True - but a different context. This is all about Boris and is another nail in the coffin.

For the older among us, this is all too reminiscent of poor ole "Back to Basics" John Major and the neverending series of sleaze stories that helped terminate his government.

BJ will not be leading the Tories into the next GE. The hearts of the backbenchers are hardening.
    As standards dwindle even further under BoJo, still no sign as to how they’ll get rid of him

1922 committee.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/29/ruthlessly-organised-tory-rebels-plot-1922-takeover-to-oust-boris-johnson

Looks ominous for BJ.
    End days when a PB Tory uses the Graun as a source. But perhaps that is the point.
    Yep. BTW how many points do you think Boris is worth to the Yes numbers?
    Fewer than people would guess, I think.
  • Options
    SeaShantyIrish2SeaShantyIrish2 Posts: 15,622
    edited July 2022

Not that I’d want to enrage HFUYD on here and summon the tanks..

Poll in @SundayTimesScot: “On the question of whether or not they support independence, 48 per cent said they were in favour while 47 per cent were opposed. Five per cent said they did not know.”

..Nicola Sturgeon has tweeted her delight at the poll. But I can’t see how Scotland isn’t stuck in a cycle of despair if that continues. Even if a vote is held and won by yes, the division won’t end.

First Yes lead in quite a while - a mighty 1%. Surprised that she should "tweet her delight" at that TBH.
    Scots (Nats) cannae spin? Then how to explain the Highland Fling?!
  • Options

Carnyx said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

So Boris knew this guy had a character flaw, but decided to give him the benefit of the doubt. Isn’t that the charitable, Christian thing to do?

Perhaps Mr Pincher was given a warning before he took up the job? “No groping, please”. Which would be entirely fair

Certainly having a Finance Minister who rather liked very young chaps in their sports kit didn't ultimately damage the SNP very much.
    True - but a different context. This is all about Boris and is another nail in the coffin.

For the older among us, this is all too reminiscent of poor ole "Back to Basics" John Major and the neverending series of sleaze stories that helped terminate his government.

BJ will not be leading the Tories into the next GE. The hearts of the backbenchers are hardening.
    As standards dwindle even further under BoJo, still no sign as to how they’ll get rid of him

1922 committee.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jun/29/ruthlessly-organised-tory-rebels-plot-1922-takeover-to-oust-boris-johnson

Looks ominous for BJ.
    End days when a PB Tory uses the Graun as a source. But perhaps that is the point.
    That route looks extremely circuitous and fraught with potential delay and derailment. I think it will come from within the Cabinet. A non-front runner who wants to be a front runner (the other front runners are not going to do it as they think they have too much to lose) could do it.

Patel, Raab, or (snigger) Gove could wield the knive with a spectacular resignation, and therefore catapult themselves into consideration.
    Gove is the only one who I think might do it.

He has form wrt Johnson of course.

I thought Raab might do it, though perhaps Gove is a likelier candidate.
    All recent evidence of strategic resignations is that they do not force a change of leadership. We've seen it fail under Blair, Brown and Corbyn for Labour, and Cameron and May for the blue team. There are two days of headlines and the leader appoints a replacement.
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,234

Eldest daughter (16 in a couple of weeks) having her first proper teenage party tonight. I am skulking upstairs but sounds fairly tame so far. Going over the road later for the full Abigail's party experience. Hopefully Leon won't get wind of it.

locked up daughter and rock n roll stars?
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,310
    IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

Tory sleaze is so back isn't it.

The thing is you expect an experienced and sophisticated middle aged drunk to be able to accomodate any amount of Carlton Club house claret without losing control. you have to ask whether he mixes it with injudicious quantities of some stimulant like caffeine, to elevate himself into two-gropes-in-one-evening territory...
    In the habit of inviting people for "din dins" apparently.

Is that sophisticated? Certainly sounds it!
  • Options

Eldest daughter (16 in a couple of weeks) having her first proper teenage party tonight. I am skulking upstairs but sounds fairly tame so far. Going over the road later for the full Abigail's party experience. Hopefully Leon won't get wind of it.

Just tell 'em NOT to do what you DID do at their age. About as off-putting (for them) as possible?
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

The thing is you expect an experienced and sophisticated middle aged drunk to be able to accomodate any amount of Carlton Club house claret without losing control. you have to ask whether he mixes it with injudicious quantities of some stimulant like caffeine, to elevate himself into two-gropes-in-one-evening territory...

Sounds it to me. I would fall for it.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,539
    Scottish voters are split over whether an independence referendum should be held next year according to a new poll that suggests the country remains locked in a constitutional stalemate.

A Panelbase poll for The Sunday Times suggests that 44 per cent of voters oppose Nicola Sturgeon’s desire to stage a referendum in October 2023, with 43 per cent in favour. Ten per cent said they neither supported or opposed a referendum and 3 per cent said they did not know.

On the question of whether or not they support independence, 48 per cent said they were in favour while 47 per cent were opposed. Five per cent said they did not know.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c4551f8a-fa1c-11ec-b060-3c9acf7f2ee6?shareToken=2c5e3da0223c880133d77f4a003724fb
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,961
    The most Greek match ever :D
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561

Carnyx said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

1922 committee.

Looks ominous for BJ.
    That route looks extremely circuitous and fraught with potential delay and derailment. I think it will come from within the Cabinet. A non-front runner who wants to be a front runner (the other front runners are not going to do it as they think they have too much to lose) could do it.

Patel, Raab, or (snigger) Gove could wield the knive with a spectacular resignation, and therefore catapult themselves into consideration.
    Gove is the only one who I think might do it.

He has form wrt Johnson of course.

I thought Raab might do it, though perhaps Gove is a likelier candidate.
    All recent evidence of strategic resignations is that they do not force a change of leadership. We've seen it fail under Blair, Brown and Corbyn for Labour, and Cameron and May for the blue team. There are two days of headlines and the leader appoints a replacement.
    That's true. We have more of a presidential style government these days, almost like America where the Cabinet members are essentially interchangeable and disposable. Mind you, even Nigel Lawson's resignation did not end Mrs Thatcher's Prime Ministership, and Sir Geoffrey Howe's was only the final straw.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977

Scottish voters are split over whether an independence referendum should be held next year according to a new poll that suggests the country remains locked in a constitutional stalemate.

A Panelbase poll for The Sunday Times suggests that 44 per cent of voters oppose Nicola Sturgeon’s desire to stage a referendum in October 2023, with 43 per cent in favour. Ten per cent said they neither supported or opposed a referendum and 3 per cent said they did not know.

On the question of whether or not they support independence, 48 per cent said they were in favour while 47 per cent were opposed. Five per cent said they did not know.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/c4551f8a-fa1c-11ec-b060-3c9acf7f2ee6?shareToken=2c5e3da0223c880133d77f4a003724fb

Plain sailing ahead for Scotland, whatever happens

• Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,310

Don't forget to take your Demis Roussos LP. 🕺
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,364
    Will I need a new avatar?
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,321

Plain sailing ahead for Scotland, whatever happens

Forget Brexit on speed, this is Brexit on heroin.
  • Options
    Well now
  • Options
    Well now 2
  • Options

Well now

Feels like we’re stuck in the “no legal referendum” loop (unless Supreme Court rules otherwise).
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Scottish westminster figures in the Scottish Times
    SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8
    Slightly different Q to normal as it asks VI if the next GE were a proxy Indy referendum, but nonetheless figures in line with what youd expect , SNP a little better score wise than recently. On current boundaries 53 SNP 2 each the rest
  • Options
    Prince Charles, Sleazus Defensor

Prince Charles honoured tycoon Lord Brownlow who bailed out his eco-village

Heir to the throne ignored aide’s advice against close ties with Tory peer

he Prince of Wales gave an honour to a controversial Tory peer who spent £1.7 million bailing out his failed eco-village in a string of secretive deals being investigated by the charity watchdog.

Prince Charles presented Lord Brownlow with the award during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace after accepting millions of pounds in donations from him.

His flagship charity also opened up Dumfries House, his 18th-century country estate in Scotland, for Brownlow’s 50th birthday — a black-tie event involving fireworks, bagpipes and a performance by a celebrity magician — and awarded the businessman’s company a £1.2 million construction contract....

...Charles became close with the peer, whose fortune has been estimated at £271 million by The Sunday Times Rich List in 2020, after ignoring the advice of one of his most senior courtiers. The palace insider was concerned Brownlow, 58, was using Charles to burnish his reputation, felt he had “myriad conflicts of interest” and believed his judgment was “wayward”. They shared their views with the prince.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-charles-honoured-tycoon-lord-brownlow-who-bailed-out-his-eco-village-z2l9cx2mk
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,866
    Scotland is split down the middle, and things have barely moved (and maybe haven’t moved at all) since 2014.

Yet it swallows up the entire conversation inside Scotland. The country would be a lot better off it was focused on how to build wealth and improve public services.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,668

Poll in @SundayTimesScot: “On the question of whether or not they support independence, 48 per cent said they were in favour while 47 per cent were opposed. Five per cent said they did not know.”

..Nicola Sturgeon has tweeted her delight at the poll. But I can’t see how Scotland isn’t stuck in a cycle of despair if that continues. Even if a vote is held and won by yes, the division won’t end.

As HYUFD will tell you that is 48% in favour 52% opposed.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969
    IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

LOL. Not sure I have heard that phrase since I was a kid. My gran used to say DIn-Dins either when she was talking to me and my sister (at the age of about 5) or to her pet cat and dog. I have never heard it used when addresing anyone who had reached double figures in age.

Tory sleaze combined with utter idiocy sounds about right.
  • Options
    Messy
  • Options

he Prince of Wales gave an honour to a controversial Tory peer who spent £1.7 million bailing out his failed eco-village in a string of secretive deals being investigated by the charity watchdog.

Prince Charles presented Lord Brownlow with the award during a ceremony at Buckingham Palace after accepting millions of pounds in donations from him.

His flagship charity also opened up Dumfries House, his 18th-century country estate in Scotland, for Brownlow’s 50th birthday — a black-tie event involving fireworks, bagpipes and a performance by a celebrity magician — and awarded the businessman’s company a £1.2 million construction contract....

...Charles became close with the peer, whose fortune has been estimated at £271 million by The Sunday Times Rich List in 2020, after ignoring the advice of one of his most senior courtiers. The palace insider was concerned Brownlow, 58, was using Charles to burnish his reputation, felt he had “myriad conflicts of interest” and believed his judgment was “wayward”. They shared their views with the prince.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/prince-charles-honoured-tycoon-lord-brownlow-who-bailed-out-his-eco-village-z2l9cx2mk

No wonder Lord Brownlow had no money left for Boris's treehouse. Is the Times perhaps using Prince Charles to get at the Prime Minister?
  • Options
    solarflaresolarflare Posts: 3,623

The country would be a lot better off it was focused on how to build wealth and improve public services.

That'd be true of most countries, and yet somehow they don't get round to that sort of focus either.
  • Options

Messy

As clear as mud. And we’ll be stuck in this bloomin cycle for years to come.

Scotland is split down the middle, and things have barely moved (and maybe haven’t moved at all) since 2014.

Yet it swallows up the entire conversation inside Scotland. The country would be a lot better off it was focused on how to build wealth and improve public services.

It doesn’t serve the SNP to talk about that though.

• Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,134

Just tell 'em NOT to do what you DID do at their age. About as off-putting (for them) as possible?
    Yeah one party when my parents were away for the week ended with my brother in hospital. I remember desperately trying to sober up when I saw the paramedics... and realising that I really couldn't. I had another party a few days later to clean the house from top to bottom - there really was a remarkable amount of vomit. Let's hope tonight is nothing like that. It should be fine, my daughter is very sensible.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,872
    Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Any advice for cheapish, decent food in Venice?

Here for one night. Hot.

Get as far away from St Mark’s Square as you can, head over to the Arsenale, or beyond. Seek out one of the two remaining local places for local people. Eat cicchetti (Venetian tapas)

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/italy/articles/how-to-eat-cicchetti-like-a-venetian/

Alternatively, brace yourself, summon the 2nd mortgage and go into one of the 5 star hotels, like the Gritti or the St Regis. The food will be good (as it should be) but omg the price. So, not cheapish, sorry
    We had our first (very indifferent) meal in a tourist trap on the Grand Canal. Then, my wife came up with the brilliant idea of finding out from the waiter, where he went to eat, and it was a wonderful little restaurant, down a tiny alley.
  • Options

If you want to impress the guests, wander downstairs, and ask them if any of them have found your crack pipe.
  • Options

Messy

Close but no cigar. Panelbase does, in any case, tend to produce the best results for the pro-independence side.
  • Options

Tearing chunks out of each other over constitutional issues is much more fun.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,232

Unsolicited advice is the best kind.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

LOL. Not sure I have heard that phrase since I was a kid. My gran used to say DIn-Dins either when she was talking to me and my sister (at the age of about 5) or to her pet cat and dog. I have never heard it used when addresing anyone who had reached double figures in age.

Would yours truly have turned up IF invited to a dinner by Chris Pincher MP?

Heck yes! For the grub has got to be first-rate, and then some.

Would limit my alcohol intake (per usual for me) AND maintain a cordial but respectful distance from the host.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,062
    Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Are you deranged, so mental I had to post it twice
    You've done well as the angry toad. We all know you're an MI5 imposter.
    Another absolute Looney tunes, where did that fantasy come from.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,134
    Sean_F said:

If you want to impress the guests, wander downstairs, and ask them if any of them have found your crack pipe.
    Well it is very moreish.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,796
    malcolmg said:

Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Hang on - that's almost polite! I'm sorry but your posts are too mad to be real.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Messy

Close but no cigar. Panelbase does, in any case, tend to produce the best results for the pro-independence side.
    Have you got some numbers for that?
  • Options
    edited July 2022

Sorry, is there a rule that says that Brits can’t comment on British issues?
  • Options

First Yes lead in quite a while - a mighty 1%. Surprised that she should "tweet her delight" at that TBH.
    Well, she’s taken a punt on it, so I’d imagine she wants to encourage the base as well

Clock is ticking
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

That might have worked in the 80s and 90s but I hear Gen Z are very abstemious.

They are more likely to be impressed if display your family's pronouns on the front door.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Scottish nationalists are as bad as Brexiters.

Rather than put in the actual effort of improving the Scottish settlement, they hamstring the rest of the country with a set of fantasies that never confront the troubling but boring reality.
  • Options

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8
    Slightly different Q to normal as it asks VI if the next GE were a proxy Indy referendum, but nonetheless figures in line with what youd expect , SNP a little better score wise than recently. On current boundaries 53 SNP 2 each the rest

Leaves the London parties scrapping over the dregs as usual
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,587

darkage said:

What I cannot understand, is how - against a backdrop of allegations of "misconduct" ruining peoples careers and serious jail sentences for sexual assault - is how anyone could still possibly be going around groping people. Those who do, must be completely reckless and insane.

"Further sips . . . in the evening when work is done and pleasure crooks her forefinger." - Chris Pincher
    And fate is behind the door holding a sock full of wet sand.

• Options
    malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

Says MI5.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,413
    Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Here for one night. Hot.

Get as far away from St Mark’s Square as you can, head over to the Arsenale, or beyond. Seek out one of the two remaining local places for local people. Eat cicchetti (Venetian tapas)

https://theculturetrip.com/europe/italy/articles/how-to-eat-cicchetti-like-a-venetian/

Alternatively, brace yourself, summon the 2nd mortgage and go into one of the 5 star hotels, like the Gritti or the St Regis. The food will be good (as it should be) but omg the price. So, not cheapish, sorry
    Is it worth going in January or February?
    November and January are the best time to be there

The melancholy drizzle on the empty canals. The high water flooding the hotels. The angry chefs denied their ingredients, shouting at the water taxi drivers

It’s the only time the city returns to its inhabitants. Kinda
  • Options

Lol Scotch expert opines. Is that like UK does, eff do you people smoke.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

You see the thing that let you down was that you became reasonable rather than sweary.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

Except there seem to be more “dregs” than nats.

I believe Hilary Clinton got into trouble for similar notions.
  • Options

Messy

So Unionists 50%, Nationalists 47%, others 3%?

Presumably the others are mostly Greens though.

So it's a 50/50 province.
  • Options

It's funny, you never hear a peep out of Divvie et al when Stuart Dickson goes off on about England all the time.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

Leon said:

Hang on - that's almost polite! I'm sorry but your posts are too mad to be real.
    Lol
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Do you think the SNP are doing a great job on the economy and public services? I don’t think you do.
  • Options

Where did you mention anything about Britain then
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

Yep. Its a little bit better for the SNP than I think next time will go but im not talking major differences, i don't think they will make 50 seats but theyll be above 40 certainly and probably above 45 which is more than i had thought
  • Options

Rather than put in the actual effort of improving the Scottish settlement, they hamstring the rest of the country with a set of fantasies that never confront the troubling but boring reality.

Pompous windbag
  • Options
    Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

Says MI5.
    Barking bob is with us
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,587
    edited July 2022

Do they stand around sending messages to each other at two feet distance on incomprehensibly named social media as at all other times?

I'm told that at that age they like a background sound of late Beethoven string quartets as the evening gets lively.

• Options
    edited July 2022

No wonder Lord Brownlow had no money left for Boris's treehouse. Is the Times perhaps using Prince Charles to get at the Prime Minister?
    More gunning for the sleazy, entitled adulterer*, The Sunday Times are making the same point I've raised many times

Why won’t parliament speak up on Charles?

The Commons ban on royal debate is not going to work much longer

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why-wont-parliament-speak-up-on-charles-kdb8flhlp

*Prince Charles, not Boris Johnson.
  • Options
    Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

You see the thing that let you down was that you became reasonable rather than sweary.
    You on drugs,
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Pompous windbag
    I think you should own up - the cover is slipping!
  • Options
    edited July 2022

None whatsoever.
    However there seems to be an unspoken one that they turn into whiny, little snowflakes when the pompous irrelevance of their pronouncements is pointed out.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

6 seats out of 57 is only a majority in the minds of lunatics
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,969

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

Would limit my alcohol intake (per usual for me) AND maintain a cordial but respectful distance from the host.
    Not sure I would. Yes the food would undoubtedly be excellent but more than half the joy of a dinner party is stimulating company and I am not convinced Pincher would have satisfied that particular need.
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Here for one night. Hot.

The melancholy drizzle on the empty canals. The high water flooding the hotels. The angry chefs denied their ingredients, shouting at the water taxi drivers

I went in December.
    It was damp, foggy, and easy to get lost down dark impasses.

I checked out the Carpaccios in a freezing Gallerie d’Accademia, then hopped from bacaro to bacaro, trailed a red-mantled dwarf with a stiletto.

It’s actually a sinister place.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

57?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

Nearly blown.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

IshmaelZ said:

kinabalu said:

Not sure I would. Yes the food would undoubtedly be excellent but more than half the joy of a dinner party is stimulating company and I am not convinced Pincher would have satisfied that particular need.
    He has made every effort to stimulate people...
  • Options

More gunning for the sleazy, entitled adulterer*, The Sunday Times are making the same point I've raised many times

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/why-wont-parliament-speak-up-on-charles-kdb8flhlp

Boris seems to have decided to turn his press dogs onto Charles, for some reason.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Do you think the SNP are doing a great job on the economy and public services? I don’t think you do.
    No I don't but being a colony run by the useless twats in London is the issue and snp will not survive in their current format after independence. London parties will be removed and we will see other real Scottish parties
  • Options

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

Yep. Its a little bit better for the SNP than I think next time will go but im not talking major differences, i don't think they will make 50 seats but theyll be above 40 certainly and probably above 45 which is more than i had thought
    Depends whether she really means it Woolie
  • Options

Boris seems to have decided to turn his press dogs onto Charles, for some reason.
    I posted a story a few weeks ago saying they don't like each other.

The PM knows King Charles III will refuse to give royal assent some of Boris Johnson's more extreme policies.

He's already slagged off the Rwanda policy.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

No I don't but being a colony run by the useless twats in London is the issue and snp will not survive in their current format after independence. London parties will be removed and we will see other real Scottish parties
    Panic in the G camp.
  • Options

None whatsoever.
    However there seems to be an unspoken one that they turn into whiny, little snowflakes when the pompous irrelevance of their pronouncements is pointed out.
    You’ve failed to persuade your own countrymen, and you’re defending an increasingly tired regime.

What have you gained from your several years promoting scotnattery?
  • Options
    Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

You on drugs,
    Omnium said:

malcolmg said:

Pompous windbag
    I think you should own up - the cover is slipping!
    Lol
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,990

Distraction.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

57?
    Well 59 if you want, I was being nice to the London parties and downplaying the size of their pathetic worshipping at every election
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,385

The PM knows King Charles III will refuse to give royal assent some of Boris Johnson's more extreme policies.

I've always assumed that any refusal to grant Royal Assent would be swiftly followed by Parliament forcing the Monarch to abdicate. That's the Constitutional settlement we have now. I don't think much of Charles, but I think he knows what's required of the Monarch and I think he wants to be King.
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132
    edited July 2022
    On topic: is this really a problem for No.10? There have now been so many scandals that you wonder if the public has reached saturation point and fails to notice any new ones.

I reckon that an organised vice ring of Tory MPs could be found to have been running an operation hawking rent boys and cocaine from the House of Commons tea room (and splitting the profits 50:50 with the Russian Embassy,) and the Conservative Party still wouldn't drop any further in the polls.
  • Options
    Alphabet_SoupAlphabet_Soup Posts: 2,764

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Here for one night. Hot.

I went in December.

I checked out the Carpaccios in a freezing Gallerie d’Accademia, then hopped from bacaro to bacaro, trailed a red-mantled dwarf with a stiletto.

At least the plague would have been in abeyance.

In the summer a few nights on Burano is recommended. There are some good restaurants and it's delightful to wander about in the evening after the grockles have disappeared back to Venice. During the day visit Torcello, Murano and Cimitero.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Ever felt like a useful idiot?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

Depends whether she really means it Woolie
    Yeah, true. However you know me, if the circumstances change or Nicola changes tack i'll revise my thoughts. As it is i dont see much shifting for the time being. SLab have nicked a bit of the old Ruth coalition and are 5 points or so ahead of little Dougie uturn, the SLDs are still farting about in single figures and unless Alba break out theres nothing to deflate that SNP 45% or thereabouts score.
  • Options
    pigeon said:

On topic: is this really a problem for No.10? There have now been so many scandals that you wonder if the public has reached saturation point and fails to notice any new ones.

I reckon that an organised vice ring of Tory MPs could be found to have been running an operation hawking rent boys and cocaine from the House of Commons tea room (and splitting the profits 50:50 with the Russian Embassy,) and the Conservative Party still wouldn't drop any further in the polls.

Sleaze is always baked in, I remember a pollster telling me what sticks in the mind of the public is hypocrisy and behaviour that is likely to see you signing the nonce jotter.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Me? Nah, I'm more idiot than useful.
  • Options
    ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

53 seats out of 650 is only a majority in the minds of lunatics.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,877

Carnyx said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

1922 committee.

Looks ominous for BJ.

Bell-the-Cat certainly comes to mind as a warning tale.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

57?
    Well 59 if you want, I was being nice to the London parties and downplaying the size of their pathetic worshipping at every election
    The issue with our 'London political parties' is that now whenever someone says that, I start thinking of cheese and wine or beer and curry.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

57?
    MI5.
  • Options

Well, she’s taken a punt on it, so I’d imagine she wants to encourage the base as well

Remember 2014. Quite an increase in Yes over the time of the campaign.
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Don't say that! Your fellow bankers will kill you...
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

ydoethur said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SNP 47
    Lab 23
    Con 19
    LD 8

57?
    The issue with our 'London political parties' is that now whenever someone says that, I start thinking of cheese and wine or beer and curry.
    Or broken children's swings and pools of vomit.
  • Options

On same principle that Putin's forefathers used, when tossing babies out of the troika slow down the wolves?
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

IshmaelZ said:

Don't say that! Your fellow bankers will kill you...
    I am NOT a banker.
  • Options
    Boris just loves turning the heat on “enemies” within and without.

He’s a bully, alongside his various other defects.
  • Options

Leon said:

Andy_JS said:

Leon said:

Eabhal said:

Here for one night. Hot.

I went in December.

It really is. That’s the genius of Don’t Look Now. Capturing that

Venice was a deeply dangerous city for centuries. There is a street called “street of the assassins” because so many enemies of the regime got taken out down there

It was also the whorehouse of the western world. That’s why Byron loved it. A mixture of Naples, Bangkok and pre-communist Havana, and all of it on that magnificent stage set

It is impossible to get a sense of this when it is swamped by clueless day tripper tourists gawping, but you can still get a vibe in the depths of autumn and winter
  • Options

I've always assumed that any refusal to grant Royal Assent would be swiftly followed by Parliament forcing the Monarch to abdicate. That's the Constitutional settlement we have now. I don't think much of Charles, but I think he knows what's required of the Monarch and I think he wants to be King.
    Slight problem. Mr J wants to be King, as we all know.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

But there isn’t going to be a campaign
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Yes and No.

A year before referendum Panelbase had Yes ahead.

The first poll after the Edinburgh Agreement Panelbase had it No 55%/Yes 45%
This discussion has been closed.