Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The big worry for LAB and the LDs is Johnson going – politicalbetting.com

13»

Comments

• Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,092
    Prince Chuck needs to shut the fuck up
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901

Jonathan said:

A very good morning to one and all.

It's a lot brighter than it was on this day 60 years ago. How do I know? Because it's the Cole's Diamond Wedding… 60 years ago, in the morning and indeed until the Wedding Breakfast it was rather overcast, but as we left for our honeymoon the sun came out!

Congratulations, what the secret?
    Thanks. Secret? My father-in-law advised us to 'never let the sun go down on wrath' and we always tried to sort out any arguments before going to sleep. Sometimes there's been an agreement to differ, but we've tried never to go to sleep cross with each other!
    That’s good advice. We’ve been married for about 20 years. Time flies, but still striking that we’re not even close to half way towards your achievement. Congratulations.
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,625
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Evidence? The Tory voteshare actually increased in polls today after Johnson survived his VONC. Nobody else in the Tory party has Boris' charisma and personality and nobody else would do any better at this time, indeed most alternatives would do worse.

Note too Sunak does no better than Boris v Starmer as preferred PM either

If you want to retain the lying buffoon go right ahead.

It's only the nation and the reputation of the Conservative Party that will suffer.
    Leftwingers like you of course want to get rid of Boris just as you wanted to get rid of Thatcher as they were general election winners.

Same as we Conservatives wanted to get rid of general election winner Blair and correctly as Labour has lost 4 consecutive general elections since he went
    I agree with @HYUFD and recommend that Gareth Southgate fields Geoff Hurst and a number of coffins for the next international. It is clearly a logical deducted by @HYUFD .
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,350

"One-in-ten Black people in the U. S. are immigrants." And the number is rising rapidly.
    source: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/01/27/key-findings-about-black-immigrants-in-the-u-s/

What's the point of that comment?

One in seven people in America are immigrants.

So it would seem the black proportion of migrants is lower than the national proportion.
    It might mean diluting the link with slavery in the African-American story, or complicating it.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Jonathan said:

It's a lot brighter than it was on this day 60 years ago. How do I know? Because it's the Cole's Diamond Wedding… 60 years ago, in the morning and indeed until the Wedding Breakfast it was rather overcast, but as we left for our honeymoon the sun came out!

Thanks. Secret? My father-in-law advised us to 'never let the sun go down on wrath' and we always tried to sort out any arguments before going to sleep. Sometimes there's been an agreement to differ, but we've tried never to go to sleep cross with each other!
    Stay up all night arguing? Congratulations anyway; you must have been doing something right.
  • Options

Jonathan said:

I was married for three and a half years. In that three and a half years I had one argument with my wife. One

It was about a salami. I told her she was eating too much of our special lockdown salami. The argument lasted about 5 minutes then we both burst out laughing
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,977

Jonathan said:

Stay up all night arguing?
    LOL! No; taken a while to come to a while to come to an agreement (of sorts) sometime, but we've always managed to do it!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,242
    Taz said:

Good to see Prince Charles taking some moral leadership on the awful policy of sending vulnerable people fleeing war and torture to Rwanda. This policy is not fair or,sustainable. Charles will be a different kind of monarch.

https://news.sky.com/story/rwanda-deportation-plan-prince-charles-says-policy-is-appalling-as-court-rules-first-asylum-seekers-can-be-sent-away-12631489

I happen to agree with him in this case, its a dreadful policy, but it is simply not his role as our quasi-monarch to get involved in political issues. His mother has always recognised that.
  • Options
    Happy birthday to Her Majesty btw. She's not had much to celebrate lately, well, not for the past week anyway.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,994
    DavidL said:

Taz said:

Good to see Prince Charles taking some moral leadership on the awful policy of sending vulnerable people fleeing war and torture to Rwanda. This policy is not fair or,sustainable. Charles will be a different kind of monarch.

https://news.sky.com/story/rwanda-deportation-plan-prince-charles-says-policy-is-appalling-as-court-rules-first-asylum-seekers-can-be-sent-away-12631489

I happen to agree with him in this case, its a dreadful policy, but it is simply not his role as our quasi-monarch to get involved in political issues. His mother has always recognised that.
    He always has been a gobshite and he's not going change now so we'd all better get used to it.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Taz said:

He made a comment in private.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

DavidL said:

Taz said:

He always has been a gobshite and he's not going change now so we'd all better get used to it.
    It is a part of the delusion he has about the role that he still thinks we care what he thinks. We really don't.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Dura_Ace said:

DavidL said:

Taz said:

It is a part of the delusion he has about the role that he still thinks we care what he thinks. We really don't.
    It’s a fast track to a republic. If he continues like this he will be a terrible king. I don’t care what he thinks about Rwanda - for or against. He needs to be sat on, now

It’s the one thing he has to do. Studied neutrality
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,599

Jonathan said:

LOL! No; taken a while to come to a while to come to an agreement (of sorts) sometime, but we've always managed to do it!
    I am always a bit suspicious of couples that never argue, they must be walking on eggshells the whole time. In a relaxed relationship having an occasional argument is a sign of being able to be trust each other to not let it get out of hand. Mrs Foxys best feature is her poor memory, I am often in the doghouse, but always let out quickly as she forgets my misdeeds. Not bearing a grudge to continue an argument the next day is a great tip.

33 years for me this summer, so a long way to go to match OKC and OQC up. Congratulations!
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

DavidL said:

Taz said:

Well its not private now, its on the front pages of newspapers. He needs to be more careful as he moves up.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,191
    WTAF is happening with Vanilla at the moment? Why are we getting random threads from over a decade ago?
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Jonathan said:

I am always a bit suspicious of couples that never argue, they must be walking on eggshells the whole time. In a relaxed relationship having an occasional argument is a sign of being able to be trust each other to not let it get out of hand. Mrs Foxys best feature is her poor memory, I am often in the doghouse, but always let out quickly as she forgets my misdeeds. Not bearing a grudge to continue an argument the next day is a great tip.

33 years for me this summer, so a long way to go to match OKC and OQC up. Congratulations!
    We are at 36 and I would completely agree with that. The strength of our relationship is not that we don't argue, I can be particularly annoying when I am tired and grumpy, but that we both do not bear a grude and don't keep it going. I wouldn't say, unlike @OldKingCole, that we have never had a disagreement go into the next day but its rare and, thankfully, getting rarer.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,555

Front page of the "i": Zahawi is the unity candidate.

Any polling on that … ?

New Thread, btw.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,052
    Golly, a week is a long time in the life of royal fetishists.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

WTAF is happening with Vanilla at the moment? Why are we getting random threads from over a decade ago?

Not seeing it but threads from the 70's, which we seem to be reliving with worse music, are not available.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,284

Many congratulations on your diamond anniversary

It is such a landmark and one my dear lady and I hope to achieve in May 2024

Have a wonderful day
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,284

Heathener said:

It's very quiet on here.

If Johnson sticks around for the next two years then we're in for a really unpleasant time. These 'red meat' policies are only going to increase, turning this once great country into a cesspit of hate.

I know that a lot of you Conservatives on here agree about this, for which I'm grateful.

Good morning

We are doing our best supporting the 148 to remedy the problem
    It's the next 32 you need to be working on, and they are steadfast in their support for BigDog.
    I am not convinced, especially as 65 plus grassroots chairs are about to demand his resignation and Welsh conservatives about to declare independence from the party

New leader for Conference
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Jonathan said:

DavidL said:

Taz said:

Well its not private now, its on the front pages of newspapers. He needs to be more careful as he moves up.
    Why is that his fault, if someone breached HM privacy a bucket of manure would be dropped on them not HM
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Dura_Ace said:

DavidL said:

Taz said:

We won't need to get used to it for long
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,989
    Leon said:

DavidL said:

Dura_Ace said:

DavidL said:

Taz said:

It’s a fast track to a republic. If he continues like this he will be a terrible king. I don’t care what he thinks about Rwanda - for or against. He needs to be sat on, now

It’s the one thing he has to do. Studied neutrality
    He is entitled to his views as long as he does not start refusing to sign and vetoing government legislation passed through Parliament. If he did then William would swiftly replace him as King but Charles knows that.

As I have said before I think Charles would also have probably refused to prorogue Parliament as his mother did when Johnson tried to force through Brexit. In that he would likely have been correct as the Supreme Court affirmed
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

"One-in-ten Black people in the U. S. are immigrants." And the number is rising rapidly.
    source: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2022/01/27/key-findings-about-black-immigrants-in-the-u-s/

What's the point of that comment?

One in seven people in America are immigrants.

So it would seem the black proportion of migrants is lower than the national proportion.
    It might mean diluting the link with slavery in the African-American story, or complicating it.
    Black arrivals by a route even less racist than the Great British Relocation Scheme would certainly confuse the issue
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,977

Many congratulations on your diamond anniversary

It is such a landmark and one my dear lady and I hope to achieve in May 2024

Have a wonderful day
    Thank you; I look forward to you two 'joining' us!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,980
    Good morning, everyone.

F1: Perez is available at 5 (5.25 with boost), third the odds top 2 each way, to top third practice.

Probably value.
This discussion has been closed.