Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

YouGov MRP poll has CON losing to LAB all but 3 of 88 marginals – politicalbetting.com

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    HeathenerHeathener Posts: 5,302
    Bit of a nightmare in Paris ... :(
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,732
    dixiedean said:

IshmaelZ said:

Anybody who thinks their taxes are going down in any substantial way over the next 10 years is deluded.

Forecasts today expect interest rates to rise to 3% and with our current debt costing 83 billion pa, goodness knows where that figure will go

Labour have a free pass at present, but they do not have their hands on the exchequer for at least 2 years and if anyone expects todays tax and spend will not change in that period then it is hope over expectation

2024 could result is most any result
    “ 2024 could result is most any result”

You sound drunk too. Hope you are. I’m drunk already this is how girl from north rolls in London. When I first came south they said we meeting up in at 9. I said where are you drinking first I can meet you there they said no it’s our first place at 9. I like whaaaaaaat?
    Meaning, 3 hours in the future from now? You wanna pace yourself.

Just got a DVD of Get Carter in the post (proper 1971 one) so gonna watch that now.
    I don’t know what to make of Get Carter. I know it’s popular now (was it when it came out?)

Tell me what to make of it? Typical of it’s time sexploitation stuff or something more worthy?
    It's bleakly violent. Tarantino cites it as a major influence. Think one of his set in 1971 Newcastle.
    Michael Caine's second best role. After Muppet's Christmas Carol of course.
    Very gritty, with some iconic scenes.

On tonight's football, I've no idea who'll win. It looks like a toss-up to me, even if Liverpool are stronger on paper. Given that the bookies are strongly favouring Liverpool, I'm investing a bit on Real Madrid winning; I predict they'll win 2-1 in normal time.

Yes, it looks like RM are the value. Maybe better still when they are behind!
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,796
    Farooq said:

3% Labour lead with Opinium

That is a poor poll for Labour in view or this week's shanagins

https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1530611824525250567?t=rDLt2ebDCa9sTQczXCAieg&s=19

Opinium have been consistently about 3pp the last few months.
    The local election results showed a Labour lead of about 5pp. The two Opinium polls during the voting period showed about 2pp, so a tentative conclusion is that their methodology is slightly underestimating Labour's lead.
    Labour have a solid lead. No doubt about it. Voters are once again self-identifying as Labour. This isn't about Labour positives, it's just Tory negatives. You can see that because even the hopelessly rudderless LDs (sorry Mike) are gaining support.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285

IshmaelZ said:

rcs1000 said:

As an aside, if we're on the subject of metric vs imperial, I would fully support the repeal of the laws that punish people for selling produce using imperial metrics.

However, I would regard it as utter madness if we were to enforce a wholesale change to imperial metrics, that would serve only to emphasise that the Conservative Party is governing only for the 45 plus age group.

Our current mishmash (miles for long distances, centimetres for short), Fahrenheit for warm weather, Celsius for cold, and pints for beer, and litres for wine, is perfect.

Litres (and half litres) for wine would be great, but doesn't happen. Is there anything more half-arsed than 375 ml of wine? Whereas 500ml, or pint bottles, I could really get behind.
    Quarter bottles of champagne are great because it is basically 1 or 2 glasses. You can drink it without getting smashed or having the remainder go flat. Cf prosecco. Cans of champagne might be more environmentally sound.
    Not a problem we ever have at Chez Urquhart...
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,846
    On the topic of metric, a lot of us have recipes or books handed down from our mothers. If a recipe calls for 5oz of x I expect to be able to go buy 5oz of x not told sorrry we only do metric weights cant help yu. I am all for shops doing metric...I just dont want them stopped when I go I want 5oz of x
  • Options

https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1530611824525250567?t=rDLt2ebDCa9sTQczXCAieg&s=19

Since they changed their methodology it never seems to shift from that kind of amount.

I'd rather await other pollsters to verify tbh.
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525
    Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

IshmaelZ said:

Anybody who thinks their taxes are going down in any substantial way over the next 10 years is deluded.

Forecasts today expect interest rates to rise to 3% and with our current debt costing 83 billion pa, goodness knows where that figure will go

Labour have a free pass at present, but they do not have their hands on the exchequer for at least 2 years and if anyone expects todays tax and spend will not change in that period then it is hope over expectation

You sound drunk too. Hope you are. I’m drunk already this is how girl from north rolls in London. When I first came south they said we meeting up in at 9. I said where are you drinking first I can meet you there they said no it’s our first place at 9. I like whaaaaaaat?

Just got a DVD of Get Carter in the post (proper 1971 one) so gonna watch that now.
    I don’t know what to make of Get Carter. I know it’s popular now (was it when it came out?)

Tell me what to make of it? Typical of it’s time sexploitation stuff or something more worthy?
    It's bleakly violent. Tarantino cites it as a major influence. Think one of his set in 1971 Newcastle.

On tonight's football, I've no idea who'll win. It looks like a toss-up to me, even if Liverpool are stronger on paper. Given that the bookies are strongly favouring Liverpool, I'm investing a bit on Real Madrid winning; I predict they'll win 2-1 in normal time.

The trajectory of their comebacks suggests Liverpool will be on the way to the airport when Benzema scores the winner.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Omnium said:

Farooq said:

The local election results showed a Labour lead of about 5pp. The two Opinium polls during the voting period showed about 2pp, so a tentative conclusion is that their methodology is slightly underestimating Labour's lead.
    Labour have a solid lead. No doubt about it. Voters are once again self-identifying as Labour. This isn't about Labour positives, it's just Tory negatives. You can see that because even the hopelessly rudderless LDs (sorry Mike) are gaining support.
    It's also about the removal of Labour negatives. Keir represents a return to relative normality after Corbyn. That reads like a positive to voters, in the same way removing Boris will. But Tory MPs are too thick or corrupt to realise it.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,482
    Farooq said:

Hearing about it without looking at it, Big G is right.

Looking at it though, it’s a hard poll to pick bones out.

that is the lowest Tory Share yet under Opinium. And the Labour one backwards for a same gap of three because greens plus 1 to eight. So Labour hoping for better for sure, but opinum never given a Labour lead bigger than 4, have greens at 8 Lib Dem 11 for a 55% poll and Tories 33% lowest ever.

Conclusion - Labour probably the happiest.

Where’s the Yougov?
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Pagan2 said:

rcs1000 said:

Pagan2 said:

Putin is a bully he only responds to strength, we tell him you withdraw from all of ukraine or we first strike you he will back down as he cant be sure now his nuclear missiles are even working. Simple as that

In the pantheon of ridiculous PB posts this horrid little war has produced, playing nuclear chicken on the basis that Putin's missiles have probably all got cobwebs and dry rot has got to be up there.
    On the contrary, telling people that you won't stand up to them because they have a weapon that might work is cowardice of the basest sort, that will only last to greater suffering and pain.

On the contrary to your contrary, not attacking your enemy when the enemy has sufficient force to obliterate you and everything you hold dear is not cowardice, it's self preservation, and it has governed human interaction since before the Pharoes.
    No giving in to bullying like you want gives the russians the excuse to take everything. No thanks would rather die in a nuclear fire defiant and shouting fuck off putin
    Bully for you
  • Options

It's an interesting poll TBH and in line with what I would expect on current polling (I.e. every Conservative seat except Bassetlaw and Dudley N which the Tories gained in 2019 being vulnerable to Labour).

I think it's interesting that Uxbridge is projected to go Labour by 5% while Cities of London and Westminster is still on a knife edge though given the local election results.

I still think Labour chances in Uxbridge are slightly overhyped.

Farooq said:

Tend to agree, could be slightly better for Labour although only 33% with opinium is also not great for the Tories given the methodology.
    Yeah. If you go from 11.5% Cons. lead to a Labour lead, a lot of seats turn red
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Omnium said:

Farooq said:

It's also about the removal of Labour negatives. Keir represents a return to relative normality after Corbyn. That reads like a positive to voters, in the same way removing Boris will. But Tory MPs are too thick or corrupt to realise it.
    It also means a return to 97 level tactical voting?

Why - what in common with 1997?

The Tories have been in too long they are friggin rubbish, get them out.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,343
    Liverpool fans saying they have been tear gassed outside the ground and kick off delayed
  • Options
    Pagan2Pagan2 Posts: 8,846
    IshmaelZ said:

Pagan2 said:

rcs1000 said:

Pagan2 said:

Putin is a bully he only responds to strength, we tell him you withdraw from all of ukraine or we first strike you he will back down as he cant be sure now his nuclear missiles are even working. Simple as that

In the pantheon of ridiculous PB posts this horrid little war has produced, playing nuclear chicken on the basis that Putin's missiles have probably all got cobwebs and dry rot has got to be up there.
    On the contrary, telling people that you won't stand up to them because they have a weapon that might work is cowardice of the basest sort, that will only last to greater suffering and pain.

On the contrary to your contrary, not attacking your enemy when the enemy has sufficient force to obliterate you and everything you hold dear is not cowardice, it's self preservation, and it has governed human interaction since before the Pharoes.
    No giving in to bullying like you want gives the russians the excuse to take everything. No thanks would rather die in a nuclear fire defiant and shouting fuck off putin
    Bully for you
    You have a different suggestion? seems to be we have a choice stand up or let him do as he will
  • Options
    Videos of some Liverpool fans jumping gates (unverified). Reports of loads of fans turning up with fake or no tickets. Some gates locked.

Not good.

Gary Lineker has tweeted that he can't get into the stadium.
  • Options
    Gary Lineker has just tweeted: Finding it impossible to get in the ground. This appears to be very dangerous.

Per BBC

But I imagine it's down to poor policing just like Heysel, and Hillsborough
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,474
    Foxy said:

dixiedean said:

IshmaelZ said:

The question is, how knackered are Liverpool?
  • Options
    Heathener said:

Videos of some Liverpool fans jumping gates (unverified). Reports of loads of fans turning up with fake or no tickets. Some gates locked.

Not good.

Gary Lineker has tweeted that he can't get into the stadium.

It is not looking good
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,310

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

So is anyone who isn't a Liverpool fan rooting for anything other than a stonking Madrid win tonight?

I would imagine that about 50% of the population does not care in the slightest...
    True. But it feels big and I'm getting into it, which means picking a side. You have to care who wins with sport, I find. You can't watch it as if it were a play or a film or a concert.
    I find almost all sports incredibly boring. Football, basketball, rugby, Formula 1, boxing and horse racing are amongst the dullest things I could forced to watch. In comparison, watching paint dry would be an exciting epic of meg-proportions :D
    That's because you don't care who wins. If you could somehow really care who wins it'd be different, I think.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,992
    rcs1000 said:

Pagan2 said:

rcs1000 said:

As an aside, if we're on the subject of metric vs imperial, I would fully support the repeal of the laws that punish people for selling produce using imperial metrics.

However, I would regard it as utter madness if we were to enforce a wholesale change to imperial metrics, that would serve only to emphasise that the Conservative Party is governing only for the 45 plus age group.

Our current mishmash (miles for long distances, centimetres for short), Fahrenheit for warm weather, Celsius for cold, and pints for beer, and litres for wine, is perfect.

Wine is sold in 750 ml bottles, not litres. That's because the litre is a bloody stupid measurement. Petrol is sold in litres, and petrol consumption measured in miles per gallon. See above.
    actually wine is mostly sold in 70 centilitre bottles which is a metric measurement akin to litres what is it you want it sold in?
    I don't think any wine is sold in 70cl/700ml bottles. I think it's basically all 750 (i.e 3/4 of a liter).
    On which topic. Of th

Liverpool fans saying they have been tear gassed outside the ground and kick off delayed

Saves time I suppose.
  • Options
    ChameleonChameleon Posts: 3,886
    Farooq said:

Omnium said:

Farooq said:

I also get the feeling that people are ready for boring. In good times you want an exciting PM offering exciting progress, in bad times a boring safe pair of hands is far more appealing. I'm on a decent wedge above the average and even I'm feeling the pinch, so I have no doubt the feeling is pretty widespread. SKS won't revolutionise anything, but he won't screw anything major up either.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,796
    Farooq said:

Omnium said:

Farooq said:

SKS is about 50% of the way to removing the real negatives, but there's a very long way to go until Labour are actually talking anything like sense. Rachel Reeves, who is really their brightest light, rather blew her cover yesterday on the radio.
  • Options
    Heathener said:

Since they changed their methodology it never seems to shift from that kind of amount.

Some of the supplementaries are interesting
  • Options

GAME OVER

• Options
    northern_monkeynorthern_monkey Posts: 1,526
    rcs1000 said:

Where they screwed up with metric units is giving each one a multi-syllable name. Four syllables is a chore. It’s just easier to say inch, foot, yard, and mile. ‘Mils’ is cool but that’s about it.

I prefer metric, no desire to go back to imperial. But they need to rebrand.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

GAME OVER

No way? Seriously?
  • Options
    novanova Posts: 525

Although, arguably the shenanigans are partially baked in, while Sunak's giveaway is new.

It's hardly a big win for the Tory party if they're giving everyone hundreds of pounds for free and still being where they were in the polls?
  • Options
    Heathener said:

Fieldwork 25-27.

25 Boris day if hell that possibly cost him his job, 26 Sunak statement. Tories will be disapointed to drop to 33 with Opinium as Kantor and opinium methodology seem to unearth Tory voters the other company’s can’t find.
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    Omnium said:

Farooq said:

Omnium said:

Farooq said:

SKS is about 50% of the way to removing the real negatives, but there's a very long way to go until Labour are actually talking anything like sense. Rachel Reeves, who is really their brightest light, rather blew her cover yesterday on the radio.
    If you like. I'm not planning to vote for Labour, but I much, much prefer Starmer to Johnson as PM.
  • Options
    Very true
  • Options
    Heathener said:

IshmaelZ said:

GAME OVER

No way? Seriously?
    Live commentary not confirming it
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,362

This thread has been locked out

• Options
    Heathener said:

IshmaelZ said:

GAME OVER

No way? Seriously?
    Ishmael that raised my bp!

It sounds pretty bad though
  • Options
    londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,208
    15 minute delay per BBC
  • Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 3,972
    IshmaelZ said:

Gary Lineker has just tweeted: Finding it impossible to get in the ground. This appears to be very dangerous.

Per BBC

But I imagine it's down to poor policing just like Heysel, and Hillsborough

Come on Ishmael - Heysel was football hooliganism. Hillsborough was definitely not.

This situation according to everything I’m reading and hearing is bad organisation where the route the Liverpool fans have to take is not ideal. Major bottlenecks through underpasses etc.

Non of the three situations are comparable.

And if St Gary Lineker is stuck in the crowd and not whining about it being the fans fault then probably best to keep an open mind.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,310

rcs1000 said:

Boris announcement is just the first. Nothing more. Its just a bit of red meat thrown to out say look Brexit lets us do stuff and the bloke down the market can again shout pound of bananas, pound of bananas, pound of bananas for a pound £2784.
    Also the bananas can now be a trad bendy shape like they used to be before Brussels stuck its oar in.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,758

rcs1000 said:

Pagan2 said:

Did it escape your notice that the one doing the attacking is Russia ?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,502
    Pagan2 said:

rcs1000 said:

Pagan2 said:

Well, it's very good of you to make that decision on everyone else's behalf too.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,272

That equates to around 8 on the old methodology which is in line with the rest.
This discussion has been closed.