Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

From the LD Tiverton & Honiton by-election campaign – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,019
edited June 2022 in General
From the LD Tiverton & Honiton by-election campaign – politicalbetting.com

The Liberal Democrats have just dropped this new campaign material they are using for the Tiverton & Honiton by-election pic.twitter.com/sVkRvfCljG

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006
    You would, but ditching Boris is a rum agenda for a political party that hopes to outlive the Twenties.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,599
    EPG said:

You would, but ditching Boris is a rum agenda for a political party that hopes to outlive the Twenties.

Thats as maybe, but you can only beat the team in front of you.
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132
    FPT

I see Guildford MP has said it is all unacceptable and had that report been about her she would have resigned.

SE Tory MPs starting to feel the steely cold edge of the executioner's sword as the LibDems prepare to take their seats?

All of these protestations are utterly meaningless unless they do something concrete about the problem.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667
    Daily Hate is still on board:

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,957

Yep. That's it.
    Keir drank baby's blood.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,076

So why was Boris (and Rishi) fined for that when Downing Street seemed to be having regular piss-ups ?
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Meanwhile, ITV News has been showing pictures of the various child victims of the latest school massacre. Apparently, twelve American children are shot dead everyday. Gunshot wounds are the leading cause of death for children in the United States, having just overtaken car accidents.

It was such an extraordinary claim that I had to double check it - and behold, here is evidence from a reputable publication: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761

We bemoan, often with fulsome justification, the deficiencies of this country, but the US is a really, really sick society. Properly warped.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,178

So why was Boris (and Rishi) fined for that when Downing Street seemed to be having regular piss-ups ?
    So the met, having allowed themselves to get involved in politics with the greased up pig/out of control shopping trolley, are now once more held up to ridicule. It’s almost impossible to understand why Sunak has been given a fpn for what he did, with what we now know.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,208
    Top barn storming stuff.

Gonna be a great night on 23rd.

• Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,957
    pigeon said:

Meanwhile, ITV News has been showing pictures of the various child victims of the latest school massacre. Apparently, twelve American children are shot dead everyday. Gunshot wounds are the leading cause of death for children in the United States, having just overtaken car accidents.

It was such an extraordinary claim that I had to double check it - and behold, here is evidence from a reputable publication: https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2201761

We bemoan, often with fulsome justification, the deficiencies of this country, but the US is a really, really sick society. Properly warped.

Active shooter drills are part of everyday primary education. Now they want to arm teachers.
    Would have been handy in Wythenshawe.
  • Options

The owners must surely be getting a tad worried that they are now so out of whack with their beloved middle england readership thanks to Dacre love in with his old mate.

No way does this represent the views of middling folk.

They are fucking apoplectic about these parties whilst they missed funerals and weddings and grandkids birthdays.
  • Options
    pigeon said:

FPT

I see Guildford MP has said it is all unacceptable and had that report been about her she would have resigned.

SE Tory MPs starting to feel the steely cold edge of the executioner's sword as the LibDems prepare to take their seats?

All of these protestations are utterly meaningless unless they do something concrete about the problem.
    As I posted earlier, this is Starmer's best ever day as leader.

Johnson remains. His party hasn't the guts to ditch the lying cad and the public increasingly loathe him and all his lies.

Game on for jan 2025.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,991
    edited May 2022

The owners must surely be getting a tad worried that they are now so out of whack with their beloved middle england readership thanks to Dacre love in with his old mate.

They are fucking apoplectic about these parties whilst they missed funerals and weddings and grandkids birthdays.
    Most people made up their minds on this months ago, today's report changes little and I doubt the weekend polls show much change either
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,652
    A consultant physician has been stuck off for wrongly prescribing sex-change treatments to seven transgender patients - one who was aged just nine and another a teenager who took their own life few months later.

Dr Michael Webberley, who spent 34 years working for the NHS, provided puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones via GenderGP, an online gender clinic which he ran with his GP wife Dr Helen Webberley.

A Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) panel found there had been a 'catalogue of failings' in relation to his care of the seven patients between February 2017 and June 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10854047/Doctor-struck-prescribing-sex-change-drugs-private-online-GenderGp-clinic.html
  • Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    edited May 2022
    No, never mind, pointless argument to pick
  • Options
    pigeon said:

Yes, kids finding and playing with loaded handguns is an everyday cause of death in America.
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,667

pigeon said:

FPT

Johnson remains. His party hasn't the guts to ditch the lying cad and the public increasingly loathe him and all his lies.

Game on for jan 2025.
    Good grief can he stretch it out into 2025 now?
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561
    HYUFD said:

Most people made up their minds on this months ago, today's report changes little and I doubt the weekend polls show much change either
    Anyway, there's absolutely nothing more meaningless than mid-term opinion polls.

Except, of course, mid-term LibDem wins in by-elections.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    edited May 2022

The mail is at express levels of Credibility now, I always thought it was better than that, how hollow does this spin look where next to it on news rack is vomit up the walls, security and cleaners abused (Boris admitted he doesnt know who by let alone if they were reprimanded) people waking up in office in what they put to go to work 24hrs before, wine Staines everywhere. It’s not about the 15min 26sec Boris spent there. But He knew what was going on. Everyone in the country knows what went on, and that BORIS knew what went on. Everyone at the Mail knows it too. Yet they keep up with the charade. This can only end bad for them from here, you cant just keep printing this stuff without losing your credibility when you need it.

Meanwhile, fair play to the Telegraph is spot on with Partygate phase 2 - the big cover up.
  • Options

The Brexit situation and the Corbyn fiasco allowed a lot of people with serious reservations about Johnson to vote Conservative in 2019 anyway - over and above the large fraction of the electorate (probably no less than the 31% they got in 1997; perhaps more than that, given that the average voter is now several years older,) who will vote Tory under absolutely any circumstances.

The question is, of course, whether all the 2019 Tory voters who profess to be enraged by his antics nevertheless find excuses to justify to themselves going out to vote Conservative again. I think that many of them will. The detoxification of the Labour brand is far from complete and, as I discussed in the previous thread, the Tories still have no shortage of cards to play.

The Government doesn't need to be loved to win another election. It just needs to be feared less than the Opposition by a sufficient number of those 2019 voters.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

I agree, but Dacre keeps defending the indefensible. Better off using front page to talk about something else.
  • Options
    Continuing the 20 places an MP should spend time in:

1) Ethnic suburb
    2) Inner city tower block estate
    3) Edge of conurbation giant council estate
    4) Affluent commuter belt
    5) Ancient cathedral city
    6) Historic industrial town
    7) Northern ex-urban motorway development
    8) Isolated mining town
    9) Arable farming district
    10) Sectarian shithole
    11) Old fishing port
    12) Working class holiday town
    13) Upland sheep farming district

And seven others.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,178

pigeon said:

FPT

Game on for jan 2025.
    It’s always been an option, although winter elections are still rare.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,125
    Fpt for @Gardenwalker

“St Helens
    Abergavenny
    Matlock Spa
    Blackgang Chine
    Middlesbrough
    Portscatho
    Ashton-upon-Lyne
    Appledore
    Borth
    Isle of Ely
    Vatersay
    Pittenweem
    Grey Street
    Gosport
    Uttoxeter
    Coventry
    Chipping Camden
    Port Sunlight
    Old Radnor
    Preston Bus Station”

Your list is just as good as mine, and I haven’t been to at least half of yours

This is an oddly inspiring task. A reminder that the UK, despite being relatively small, contains a truly intense variation in landscape, cityscape, culture, history. Amazing. We are citizens of an amazing country
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Thinking about the Mail front page, I think it is even more good news for Starmer.

Most people will glance at it and see a photo of Johnson on the piss. They will be reminded of his law breaking all over again. I doubt many will take in Dacre's message that there is nothing to see.

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,725
    edited May 2022

"Boris Johnson yesterday said he had been vindicated over partygate"

So what was all that stuff about bearing responsibility and feeling humbled by it he was also saying? Why would someone who had been vindicated feel any of that?
  • Options

pigeon said:

FPT

Game on for jan 2025.
    There was a PB discussion earlier about Jan 2025 sparked by a tweet from a strategist or focus group guru. That is last possible date.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

Again you are just too complacent

The Lib Dem leaflet is devastating and conservative mps are heading for wipeout

I am utterly ashamed at the pathetic way Boris was grovelling today and trashing honesty and integrity

It was humiliation
    Yes but you were utterly ashamed about Boris 6 months ago, yet still seem to switch back and forth between Tory and non Tory again depending on your mood that week
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,415
    HYUFD said:

This builds upon what people suspected. It wasn’t all old news, Johnson’s riffraff abusing the cleaners and security is new.

The early June polls were always going to be dire for the Tories, we were arguing on here late last night what caused the last big drop last autumn, the truth is it was a weight of things, fiscal, sleazy, political misjudgement. Grays report just adds a bit more to the Tory’s coming polling slump.
  • Options

HYUFD said:

I am utterly ashamed at the pathetic way Boris was grovelling today and trashing honesty and integrity

It was humiliation
    Unfortunately he's not being complacent, he's spot on. The Conservative voter base is full of aged pearl-clutchers who will profess themselves to be shocked, truly shocked, by Johnson's misdemeanours - and who will nevertheless troop down to the polling stations at the next general election and dutifully put their cross next to the Conservative candidate. Most of those will be straightforward blue rosette on a donkey voters, but many will also be doing it from a cold assessment of economic self-interest and/or because, no matter what horrors the Tories commit, they detest Labour more.

For a minority of people, especially those who lost relatives to Covid, this episode has probably already switched them off the Tories permanently. Most, however, will have basically forgotten about it in a couple of years' time.
  • Options
    I think we do the UK in ten:

Sunderland
    Ullapool
    Caithness
    Kilkeel
    Manchester
    Yeovil
    Derby
    Ipswich
    Camborne
    Kendal
  • Options

HYUFD said:

It was humiliation
    I must have missed the grovelling!

All I saw was someone who took no real responsibility for any of it and blamed everyone else.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,286
    edited May 2022
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It was humiliation
    Yes but you were utterly ashamed about Boris 6 months ago, yet still seem to switch back and forth between Tory and non Tory again depending on your mood that week
    Well the last 48 hours has confirmed my worst fears and while I want a conservative government I also want his mps to stand up for honesty and integrity and show Boris the door

I was embarrassed and ashamed today and frankly cannot bear the sight of him
  • Options
    While the Express is following the Mail:

It's grim up North:

• Options
    Foxy said:

pigeon said:

Yes, kids finding and playing with loaded handguns is an everyday cause of death in America.
    Many years ago I was staying in a mate's American cousin's flat. One day I looked up from the sofa across to the corridor that led to the bedrooms to see his kitten playing with a gun bullet which the cat had found apparently under the bed.

• Options
    Ben Bradshaw wins sanctimonious tweet of the day award

'Apologies to my constituents who may have wished me to be in the chamber today. But I couldn’t be in the same physical space as that man & the craven Tory MPs keeping him there. I have full confidence in the decency of the British people to correct that at the next election.'

https://twitter.com/BenPBradshaw/status/1529565272075542530?s=20&t=jCCG3RogeTYK8wfgoTem7g
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It was humiliation
    Well the last 48 hours has confirmed my worst fears and while I want a conservative government I also want his mps to stand up for honesty and integrity and show Boris the door

Sorry, the party's left you. It's gone. It belongs to HYUFD types now, with their divine right of kings and "your culture is not my culture" ethnobigotry.

People like me have been trying to tell people like you for some time now.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Sturgeon declining scrutiny.....funny that:

• Options
    HYUFD said:

'Apologies to my constituents who may have wished me to be in the chamber today. But I couldn’t be in the same physical space as that man & the craven Tory MPs keeping him there. I have full confidence in the decency of the British people to correct that at the next election.'

https://twitter.com/BenPBradshaw/status/1529565272075542530?s=20&t=jCCG3RogeTYK8wfgoTem7g

He reflects what very many people think tonight
  • Options
    GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,847
    edited May 2022

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It was humiliation

Welcome to the club!

I actually voted for him in the London mayoralties (or perhaps, against Ken), and while I don’r regret those votes I do regret that they helped launch him into a national stage.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,979
    @Gardenwalker, @Leon

I would suggest a different list for any incoming Conservative MPs:

Balliol, Oxford
    Eton
    Windor
    Balmoral
    Fortnum & Mason's
    Lords Cricket Ground
    Number Eleven Downing Street
    The 151 in Chelsea
    Hampstead High Street
    Goldman Sachs
    Barnard Castle (but only if concerned about their eyesight)
    Marshall Wace
    Smith Square
  • Options
    Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It was humiliation

Sorry, the party's left you. It's gone. It belongs to HYUFD types now, with their divine right of kings and "your culture is not my culture" ethnobigotry.

People like me have been trying to tell people like you for some time now.
    Tonight we are on the same page
  • Options
    Newsnight reporting swing voters in northern seats who did support Johnson in 2019 are really fucked off.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    I am not saying Boris is fascist, he’s obviously not at all, but the psychology of his willingness to lie even when he knows that you know he is lying is the kind of sick, power-play that one sees in fascistic regimes.

There’s probably a technical term for the sense of embarrassment, humiliation, nausea and fury it induces.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Do you reckon Boris Johnson would turn up to the Health, Social Care and Sport Committee in Holyrood if asked? No? Well then.
  • Options

pigeon said:

FPT

Game on for jan 2025.
    There was a PB discussion earlier about Jan 2025 sparked by a tweet from a strategist or focus group guru. That is last possible date.
    January is a grim month. The jollity of Christmas but a memory, bills to pay, tax returns to complete, poor weather, diets and dry January. Not the time for Johnsonion puffery.
  • Options
    Leon said:

This is an oddly inspiring task. A reminder that the UK, despite being relatively small, contains a truly intense variation in landscape, cityscape, culture, history. Amazing. We are citizens of an amazing country

My frustration is that it could be so much better; there’s are huge treasures to build upon.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,607

Foxy said:

pigeon said:

Many years ago I was staying in a mate's American cousin's flat. One day I looked up from the sofa across to the corridor that led to the bedrooms to see his kitten playing with a gun bullet which the cat had found apparently under the bed.

He needs this book: https://amzn.to/3MObMJX
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,926
    edited May 2022

So the met, having allowed themselves to get involved in politics with the greased up pig/out of control shopping trolley, are now once more held up to ridicule. It’s almost impossible to understand why Sunak has been given a fpn for what he did, with what we now know.
    Isn't it the fact there was an email for this gathering ?
    This is the equivalent of going 35 in a 30 zone whilst a camera is there - meanwhile the more difficult to prosecute reckless driving later in the evening has been left alone.
    Going after what's easy rather than what's egregious.
    Speeding fines vs burglary prosecutions.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

@Gardenwalker, @Leon

Balliol, Oxford
    Eton
    Windor
    Balmoral
    Fortnum & Mason's
    Lords Cricket Ground
    The 151 in Chelsea
    Hampstead High Street
    Goldman Sachs
    Marshall Wace
    Smith Square

Hampstead High Street?
    Infra dig these days, I’m afraid. Terribly spoiled by Russians and theatrical arrivistes.
  • Options

Newsnight reporting swing voters in northern seats who did support Johnson in 2019 are really fucked off.

Not just them by the way, but I would not use quite the same language

I cannot recall a time in my 60 years assisting and voting for the party outside 97 and 01 feeling so angry and disillusioned

I hope the Lib Dems trounce them next month
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,274
    Some exterior shots:

• Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,203
    Leon said:

Fpt for @Gardenwalker

“St Helens
    Abergavenny
    Matlock Spa
    Blackgang Chine
    Middlesbrough
    Portscatho
    Ashton-upon-Lyne
    Appledore
    Borth
    Isle of Ely
    Vatersay
    Pittenweem
    Grey Street
    Gosport
    Uttoxeter
    Coventry
    Chipping Camden
    Port Sunlight
    Old Radnor
    Preston Bus Station”

Your list is just as good as mine, and I haven’t been to at least half of yours

Appledore is fascinating. Generations who were born and have never left. Gentrifying and fading fast, of course.

Before the railways came to Bideford this part of Devon, especially Hartland, was very insular, its trading links being via the sea with South Wales for coal in, and grain out. Now the railway doesn’t even reach Bideford, terminating at Barnstaple.
  • Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,607

rcs1000 said:

@Gardenwalker, @Leon

Balliol, Oxford
    Eton
    Windor
    Balmoral
    Fortnum & Mason's
    Lords Cricket Ground
    The 151 in Chelsea
    Hampstead High Street
    Goldman Sachs
    Marshall Wace
    Smith Square

Hampstead High Street?
    Infra dig these days, I’m afraid. Terribly spoiled by Russians and theatrical arrivistes.
    Labour surprisingly won a seat (1 out of 3) there at the local elections. Said winner was so surprised that he's now standing down:

https://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/local-council/cllr-adrian-cohen-stands-down-from-hampstead-town-8994986
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,229
    Pulpstar said:

Isn't it the fact there was an email for this gathering ?
    This is the equivalent of going 35 in a 30 zone whilst a camera is there - meanwhile the more difficult to prosecute reckless driving later in the evening has been left alone.
    Going after what's easy rather than what's egregious.
    Speeding fines vs burglary prosecutions.
    I think it's the fact that Sue Gray did a proper, thorough investigation for this event, before the Met got involved, at which point the proper investigation stopped, and it was a case of filling in questionnaires. So nobody did a proper thorough investigation if Sue Gray hadn't already done so.
  • Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,125

Damn! Got caught out by the end of the last thread!

Paddington Lizzie Line:

Tottenham Court Road:

Farringdon:

Liverpool Street:

Whitechapel:

Canary Wharf:

Custom House:

Woolwich:

Abbey Wood:

Thanks @Sunil_Prasannan

The exteriors look amazing. Go, London

The timing is perfect
  • Options
    Top headline from Guardian - LOL:

Drinking, fights, vomiting: all in a day's work says PM

• Options

I am not saying Boris is fascist, he’s obviously not at all, but the psychology of his willingness to lie even when he knows that you know he is lying is the kind of sick, power-play that one sees in fascistic regimes.

There’s probably a technical term for the sense of embarrassment, humiliation, nausea and fury it induces.

Fremddemütigungübelkeit
  • Options
    I don’t want to sound overly prudish, I work in advertising / tech FFS, but I’m a bit shocked by the reports of scuffles and vomiting inside Number 10.

Whether or not Boris is culpable, it talks to a complete collapse in discipline.
  • Options

I don’t want to sound overly prudish, I work in advertising / tech FFS, but I’m a bit shocked by the reports of scuffles and vomiting inside Number 10.

Whether or not Boris is culpable, it talks to a complete collapse in discipline.

Bullingdonisation
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,605

Some exterior shots:

Dear Northerners,

You'll be getting nothing like this.

#LevelingUpMyArse
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Do you reckon Boris Johnson would turn up to the Health, Social Care and Sport Committee in Holyrood if asked? No? Well then.
    Drakeford's appeared twice, and its taken her nearly seven months to reply.....

She said in her letter that she is held accountable to the Scottish Parliament and pointed members of the Committee to her recent appearance before the Scottish Parliament Conveners' Committee on March 2.

However, as pointed out in the Commons' committee’s original invitation send on November 1, 2021, Welsh First Minister Mark Drakeford has appeared before Westminster’s Welsh Affairs Committee twice so far during this Parliament.

In a statement to the press today the Scottish Affairs Committee said it was disappointed that the First Minister has declined the invitation and that it took so long to secure a reply to the invitation.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/20164659.nicola-sturgeon-disappoints-mps-declining-invite/?ref=twtrec

What is it about scrutiny that frightens Nicola Sturgeon?
  • Options

Some exterior shots:

Dear Northerners,

#LevelingUpMyArse
    :lol:
  • Options
    TresTres Posts: 2,225
    The spectacle of Johnson as PM makes me feel ashamed to be British in a way no other leader has. What great harm he has done to our glorious country.
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Bullingdonisation
    Seems the only people with any sense of decency and common sense were the cleaners and security staff.

None of whom, I would guess, went to public school and Oxford.
  • Options
    Leon said:

Damn! Got caught out by the end of the last thread!

Paddington Lizzie Line:

Tottenham Court Road:

Farringdon:

Liverpool Street:

Whitechapel:

Canary Wharf:

Custom House:

Woolwich:

Abbey Wood:

Thanks @Sunil_Prasannan

The exteriors look amazing. Go, London

The timing is perfect
    You heading home then?
  • Options
    BREAKING: The U.S., Britain and EU announce the formation of the Atrocity Crimes Advisory Group to help war crimes investigations in Ukraine

https://twitter.com/SamRamani2/status/1529588083922030594
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,421

And OK, it's obviously better to have a Boris than a fascist.

But there's also the sense that, for Boris, it is all just a game. None of it's real. The great villanous leaders of the world gave off a sense that their evil meant something. A warped, cruel, ultimately wrong something, but a something nonetheless.

Whereas Johnson clearly couldn't give a stuff as long as he is the one sitting in the big chair. For him, it's all just a game, and we're just a toy.
  • Options

Some exterior shots:

Dear Northerners,

#LevelingUpMyArse
    I really don't see what the fuss is.

Crossrail might be useful and usable but there seems little impressive from these stations.

Are people really that excited about escalators and purple logos ?
  • Options

Foxy said:

pigeon said:

He needs this book: https://amzn.to/3MObMJX
    Looks essential.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,172
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

It was humiliation
    You should be ashamed of your Prime Minister.

You and people like Simon Hart and Robert Buckland demean yourselves by defending this outrageous man. Denial upon denial when we have photoraphs.

Your Party have better quality personnel than Boris Johnson, he is an embarrassment to your party and our nation.
  • Options

It's certainly the way Russian leaders behave.
  • Options

It's grim up North:

At the same time he was raising a glass people had to miss funerals for loved ones.

That's what the fucking fuss is all about.

If the Express thinks its ageing readership of royal fanatics and worried weather watchers thinks getting pissed to 4am whilst the Queen buries her husband is ok then do please carry on killing your sales.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830

Well quite, even at university that sort of thing was deprecated after the first term
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,203

A consultant physician has been stuck off for wrongly prescribing sex-change treatments to seven transgender patients - one who was aged just nine and another a teenager who took their own life few months later.

Dr Michael Webberley, who spent 34 years working for the NHS, provided puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones via GenderGP, an online gender clinic which he ran with his GP wife Dr Helen Webberley.

A Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service (MPTS) panel found there had been a 'catalogue of failings' in relation to his care of the seven patients between February 2017 and June 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10854047/Doctor-struck-prescribing-sex-change-drugs-private-online-GenderGp-clinic.html

His wife's licence to practise in the same field (she is also a doctor) has also been suspended for similar reasons.

The litigation that will be forthcoming in a few years from the activities of people like them and those who push their "services" will be quite something to behold.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,415

HYUFD said:

He'd better hope they don't correct it by failing to elect Ben Bradshaw.
  • Options

John Cleese
    @JohnCleese
    ·
    5h
    Alastair,

I think that the longer Boris lingers, the more damage he will do to the current Tory party

So...let's keep him there as long as we can

https://twitter.com/JohnCleese/status/1529518066148683777
  • Options
    edited May 2022

Some exterior shots:

It's very pretty Bishop but what're we looking for?
  • Options

Farooq said:

Bullingdonisation
    Seems the only people with any sense of decency and common sense were the cleaners and security staff.

I've been reading the Sue Gray report for myself. Sounds like some people tried to claim they were sensible, which gives rise to this acid paragraph:
    Lee Cain says
    he subsequently spoke to Martin Reynolds and advised him that the event should
    be cancelled. Martin Reynolds does not recall any such conversation. In addition,
    Dominic Cummings has also said that he too raised concerns, in writing. We have
    not found any documentary evidence of this.
  • Options
    When did they stop teaching self respect at england's finest public schools?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

He'd better hope they don't correct it by failing to elect Ben Bradshaw.
    He's standing down anyway.
  • Options

John Cleese
    @JohnCleese
    ·
    5h
    Alastair,

I think that the longer Boris lingers, the more damage he will do to the current Tory party

I just can't stand this attitude. It's literally no better than the Custard Conservatives who are failing to remove Boris. Country before party, people! Keeping Boris looks a lot to me like electoral seppuku for the Tories, but it's bad for the country too.

Those who want the country to suffer for relative party advantage are not the good guys whichever side they're on.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

His wife's licence to practise in the same field (she is also a doctor) has also been suspended for similar reasons.

The litigation that will be forthcoming in a few years from the activities of people like them and those who push their "services" will be quite something to behold.
    And we will have creepy little wannabe right on fucks like JosiasJessop on here saying yebbut that's just the sort of edge case that a total transphobe would go on about

Did I just say that out loud?
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Farooq said:

Bullingdonisation

In addition,
    Dominic Cummings has also said that he too raised concerns, in writing. We have
    not found any documentary evidence of this.
    I suppose he couldn't retrospectively rewrite his emails as he did with his blog....
  • Options

Probably when they stopped teaching self-discipline.
  • Options
  • Options
    Farooq said:

John Cleese
    @JohnCleese
    ·
    5h
    Alastair,

I just can't stand this attitude. It's literally no better than the Custard Conservatives who are failing to remove Boris. Country before party, people! Keeping Boris looks a lot to me like electoral seppuku for the Tories, but it's bad for the country too.

Those who want the country to suffer for relative party advantage are not the good guys whichever side they're on.
    Correct. And as people keep saying he is awfully good at winning elections. The bollocks about All the better if he is still in place in 2024, is bollocks. Because the thought of him with another 5 year mandate is Hitler level frightening.
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Farooq said:

John Cleese
    @JohnCleese
    ·
    5h
    Alastair,

Correct. And as people keep saying he is awfully good at winning elections. The bollocks about All the better if he is still in place in 2024, is bollocks. Because the thought of him with another 5 year mandate is Hitler level frightening.
    I would as a Labour man love him to stay because we will win but for the good of the country and our democracy, he should go and the Tories should get somebody decent again
  • Options
    IshmaelZ said:

Cyclefree said:

And we will have creepy little wannabe right on fucks like JosiasJessop on here saying yebbut that's just the sort of edge case that a total transphobe would go on about

I think that's unfair.

JJ has some acquaintances (friends/colleagues?) who are trans and sometimes reacts to criticism of trans activists (who as often as not happen to be men) leaping to the defence of trans people.

The quarrel is not with trans people, but with some of the extremist activists (often not trans themselves) who believe that gender trumps sex and rights should be based on gender, not sex. And some doctors who have behaved unprofessionally, putting questionable theory ahead of good medical practice.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,203
    edited May 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

Cyclefree said:

You did.

These are children who are being experimented on - and in a way that will cause them great harm for the rest of their lives. They are being denied proper well-considered treatment, including therapy. Indeed the Labour Party wants to stop them getting therapy because that would amount - in their ignorance - to conversion therapy. Too much effort for them actually to read the Cass Interim Report I suppose

I feel strongly about this issue because a close family member was one of these children who, were it not for the care of their parents, would have ended up in the hands of these ghouls. But after proper care they are now happily gay.

Until some idiotic Stonewall person starts telling them that they should be having sex with people they're not sexually attracted to. Incidentally the person running that "cotton ceiling" seminar I mentioned earlier has since gone to work for Stonewall, which has its dibs on lots of companies paying for the privilege of being misled about the law by them and being given seminars about who people must be "persuaded" into having sex with.

These are not edge cases.
  • Options
    Anyone under the age of 50 doesn't get support with cost of living, pensioners and the elderly get a bung. Students and young people working have to support these parasites.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561
    IshmaelZ said:

Farooq said:

John Cleese
    @JohnCleese
    ·
    5h
    Alastair,

Boris Derangement Syndrome rears its ugly head.

Our Prime Minister, whose vaccine programme saved thousands of lives, is as frightening as a man who caused 30 million deaths, because he had a couple of drinks jn his own house and then shaved the truth about it. Apparently.
  • Options
    OnlyLivingBoyOnlyLivingBoy Posts: 15,105

Probably when they stopped teaching self-discipline.
    But still teaching self-abuse, no doubt.
  • Options

It's grim up North:

At the same time he was raising a glass people had to miss funerals for loved ones.

That's what the fucking fuss is all about.

If the Express thinks its ageing readership of royal fanatics and worried weather watchers thinks getting pissed to 4am whilst the Queen buries her husband is ok then do please carry on killing your sales.
    When was a lockdown party not a lockdown party? When Boris Johnson was in attendance.
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,203
    Wordle 341 3/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
    🟨🟨🟨⬜🟨
    🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
  • Options

IshmaelZ said:

Farooq said:

John Cleese
    @JohnCleese
    ·
    5h
    Alastair,

I would as a Labour man love him to stay because we will win but for the good of the country and our democracy, he should go and the Tories should get somebody decent again
    The difficulty you may find is events. A favourable event just prior to the next GE could see this f***** continue as Prime Minister until 2030. This is why I would prefer to see the back of the **** now!
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,592
    Love the yellow escalators at Canary Wharf.
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,361
    edited May 2022
    Foxy said:

pigeon said:

FPT

Game on for jan 2025.
    January is a grim month. The jollity of Christmas but a memory, bills to pay, tax returns to complete, poor weather, diets and dry January. Not the time for Johnsonion puffery.
    It has been reported that Boris favours autumn and winter elections because he believes Conservative voters are more likely to turn out in bad weather. The conventional wisdom, of course, is spring is best.
This discussion has been closed.