Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Seat by seat the Northern Ireland Assembly election- – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited May 2022 in General
imageSeat by seat the Northern Ireland Assembly election- – politicalbetting.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    Test
  • Second like Johnson
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797
    Photos aren't visible. You can't just link to them from your gmail account (you will see them, no-one else will) - you need to add them somewhere else.
  • bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,721
    edited April 2022
    4th like SKS in a 3 Party GE leaders debate
  • MattWMattW Posts: 18,080
    edited April 2022
    The 5th Helement.
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,274
    edited April 2022
    BBC News - DJ Tim Westwood accused of sexual misconduct
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-61188603

Of course nobody knew anything about while he was at the BBC....while anybody who was a student over the past 20 years has heard plenty of rumours of when he toured the SU scene.
  • JonathanBarnesJonathanBarnes Posts: 70
    edited April 2022
    Slugger O Toole has great analysis on the assembly election. Also Peter Donaghy is modelling all the individual constituencies on twitter.

Will be interesting to see how well Alliance will do and if they are capable of getting 2nd seats in various constituencies like East Antrim, Lagan Valley, Strangford and North Down (unlikely, I agree with the above prediction). I have revised down my predictions for Alliance somewhat but I still expect Sinn Fein to be the largest party.

I think the biggest unknown is the SDLP, they have strong candidates but are in danger of being squeezed out in constituencies like Lagan Valley where Alliance is doing well.

Also I wonder if the Greens can spring a surprise in East Belfast?
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,614

Of course nobody knew anything about while he was at the BBC...

Not charged with anything yet.

Also, love how the Beeb describes him as a “White DJ”.
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,784

4th like SKS in a 3 Party GE leaders debate

A like for sheer doggedness!
    Ukraine dismantling Statues

There should be a law against it!!
  • It's so weird that a leftie like BJO genuinely wants a Tory Government over Labour
    edited April 2022
    Sandpit said:

In recent years, he had tried to stay relevant by regularly inviting known active gang members into his studio to perform tracks which are nothing more than either glorifying previous attacks on rival gangs or call outs that they will be coming for them
  • TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,387
    Sandpit said:

Poor paragraph placement. "The white DJ was an early champion of hip-hop in the UK and hosted the first nationally-broadcast rap show on UK radio from 1994. The seven women who spoke to the BBC are all black" explains the rationale
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,583
    Sandpit said:

What's wrong with that? He is white, despite sounding like Ali G.

Sandpit said:

In recent years, he had tried to stay relevant by regularly inviting known active gang members into his studio to perform tracks which are nothing more than either glorifying previous attacks on rival gangs or call outs that they will be coming for them
    Really, for a BBC show? Can think of better ways to have half of London hate your guts.
  • EPGEPG Posts: 5,996
    It's a big impact to move down from 6 seats per constituency to 5. I cannot but wonder if this makes life trickier for Alliance who had a fair wind behind them during the Brexit debate. It makes them rely more heavily on transfers, which are easier to imagine flowing within the sectarian blocs.
    edited April 2022
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Really, for a BBC show? Can think of better ways to have half of London hate your guts.
    No, hes left the BBC now. Hence why the BBC all of a sudden seem interested in investigating the stories which have been about for 20 years and of course as a programme on BBC Three (that channel with no viewers since its relaunch). The gang members appear on westwood tv, a youtube channel.

They replaced him with another faker, Charlie Sloth, a bloke who lied about being from the projects and claimed he was a lot younger than he actually is to try and convince da kidz he was one of them.

Sandpit said:

That was my point. So many people will have listened to him on the radio and think he’s black, because of the fake accent.
  • tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,164
    Westwood was once shot in a drive-by shooting.
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    Great article thanks - is it just me that can't see the images (on the main site or vf)?

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

No, hes left the BBC now. Hence why the BBC all of a sudden seem interested in investigating the stories which have been about for 20 years and of course as a programme on BBC Three. The gang members appear on westwood tv, a youtube channel
    Ah okay. That could backfire spectacularly on the Beeb though, if the police start asking around about who knew of the allegations a decade or more ago.

It's so weird that a leftie like BJO genuinely wants a Tory Government over Labour

I think we should crowdfund a bronze statue of Starmer to be placed on a plinth outside Hillsborough, Sheffield just for BJO.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,564
    https://mobile.twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1518926231764443142
    The mayor of Mariupol says a third mass grave has been found near the city and that Russian forces are making locals work for "hours" in exchange for food and water. "Now there is not enough humanitarian aid in Mariupol so people are forced to do it," he said via Telegram.
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    https://youtu.be/YnL9vAFphmE

This is great, the junior JS boot camp dev is the best of the lot though.
  • BurgessianBurgessian Posts: 2,394
    Meanwhile, in Caledonia...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-candidate-suggests-opponents-independence-26799161

"An SNP election candidate has suggested that opponents of independence are "negative" and "more likely to suffer from degenerative brain diseases" as a result."

I think I'll leave it like that.
    https://mobile.twitter.com/francska1/status/1518916591299309569
    Russian state TV says it has discovered an "organisation of gays and lesbians" in a building in Mariupol where Ukrainian "nationalist battalions" had been based

It was apparently "funded by USAID" and "virtually under the patronage of the US President and Congress"

It's so weird that a leftie like BJO genuinely wants a Tory Government over Labour

I think we should crowdfund a bronze statue of Starmer to be placed on a plinth outside Hillsborough, Sheffield just for BJO.
    Can you get it made from wood.

More realistic
  • It's so weird that a leftie like BJO genuinely wants a Tory Government over Labour

More realistic
    We could burn it down just like we did with Corbynism
  • SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,392
    Out for a walk yesterday dinnertime* I was shocked to see a Conservative placard in someone's front garden. On a quiet side road, mind, so not many folk are likely to see it.

Multiple Labour signs outside houses on the main road, plus a big sign in a farmer's field. Possibly the only farm in the country with a red rather than blue sign at the roadside.

We gained the seat last year, so hoping for a repeat performance.

*AKA 'Lunchtime'
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Sean_F said:

IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

Dura_Ace said:

IshmaelZ said:

Dura_Ace said:

IshmaelZ said:

Heathener said:

IshmaelZ said:

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Western arms shipments to Ukraine mean Nato is "in essence engaged in war with Russia" and there is "considerable" risk of the conflict going nuclear

This is now a settled theme from Russia,.

Tbh I'm amazed they haven't said this from the outset, and it's part of the reason why I think we've being really disingenuous about the No Fly Zone. We have drawn our own line by saying that it's fine to supply tons of military equipment, intelligence and, even, special 'advisors' (SAS) to Ukraine but it's not fine to install a NFZ. 95% of people on here have gone along with this, often vociferously. They've told themselves that the one will help Ukraine but won't escalate it but the other would lead to WWIII and Armageddon.

But it's cant and hypocrisy basically, isn't it? If we're going to support Ukraine, bloody well support Ukraine. We should have backed Zelensky's request and stood up to Putin.

Just my opinion. Don't flame me.
    Not going to flame you, but consider this: all but the most psychopathic criminals retain a demented sense of justice, a point quite neatly illustrated by monty python's piranha brothers who nail someone's head to the floor "because he had transgressed the unwritten code." Putin's unwritten code includes no nfz.

Or of course, he is bluffing and we only think it does. But don't fall into the narrative of Stand up to the bully, give Ivan a bloody nose and he will always cave in to true British grit. That is a school story and there's no nukes in schools.
    It's amazing how many people think this is fucking Michael Bay film and that Russia will back down if, in some as yet to be defined manner, Ukraine wins.

There is going to have to be a deal sooner or later and the pressure should be on Ukraine and Russia to make it sooner.
    What 'pressure to do a deal' can we put on a Russia that is doing, and saying, what it is?

And what makes you think they'll stick with the deal for a microsecond longer than it takes to get what they want?
    Again, even nutters have a sense of justice. You adhere to the unwritten code, you don't get your head nailed to the coffee table. Russia's sabre rattling is consistently if...then, else..., not, we are going to nuke you just for shits n giggles and because we can

But OK you think a deal can't be done, so whats your alternative? Give Ivan a dam' good thrashing because then he'll back down, like bullies always do?
    The government and people of Russia believe, with 100% confidence, that they will come out of the other end of a nuclear exchange in far better shape than NATO. This is a recurrent theme on Russian TV.

It's a vast and sparsely populated country with shit infrastructure and people who are used to roughing it anyway.
    Oh I'm sure that Putin, his cronies and oligarchs with their luxurious palaces and yachts are completely used to roughing it (!)
    I don't think they want to spend the rest of their lives living underground.

Russia may be sparsely populated but much of the population is concentrated in a small number of areas. Nearly 10% of the population lives in Moscow, and another 14% lives in the next fourteen cities. It would not take many warheads to destroy those population centres.

I think this is a case where standing up to a bully is actually a lot safer than giving way to him.
    If we would do it. Would we? Does Vlad think we would? Do his people?

Moscow was abandoned and burned to the ground in 1812, Leningrad had a 900 day siege, Stalingrad happened at Stalingrad. Having its cities pulverised to fuck and coming back from it, is just part of the myth.
    Somehow, I don't think that either Russia's leaders or masses have a huge desire to commit national suicide.
    Well, fuck it, look at the actual evidence, why not? You might as well say that nobody has ever gone to war because, yes, I know what it says in the history books, but would people really commit themselves to years of large scale slaughter and misery for no clear gain, time after time? There is a whole heap of commentators out there, and any number of clips of state TV on twitter, saying quite explicitly that Russia thinks it can win an all out nuclear war. Now if the Russians are saying that and the Western commentators are saying believe them, I don't see what weight is to be attached to your "somehow" gut feeling on the subject.
    Russia had very little choice but to fight an enemy in 1941 that was bent on enslaving or exterminating the population. In such a situation, they had little choice but to endure hell.

Now, they do have a choice.
    I see your problem: you have had enough of experts.

"Russia’s information infrastructure is hugely different from the West. The Russian masses, especially outside the cities, are not all on the internet; they rely on state-controlled television for news. That pre-existing monopoly has been massively reinforced since the invasion of Ukraine, with all alternative news sources blocked for the overwhelming majority of Russians. This has been compounded by many of the younger, social media-savvy generation leaving the country.

What is left is a population depressingly similar to its grandparents, who crowded Red Square to cheer the Leader of All Progressive Humanity whenever Stalin appeared atop Lenin’s tomb to receive the adulation of his helots. True, many applauded out of fear, but many also from conviction: even today, Stalin remains revered by millions of Russians. The mythology of the Great Patriotic War combines all the central elements of the Russian political identity: love of a strong leader, a near-masochist willingness to endure the unendurable for the sake of the motherland, and imperial greatness resulting in domination over other nations.

Since coming to power, Vladimir Putin has aspired to tick all those boxes. His propaganda machine, now unchallenged by any alternative voice, has reduced his compatriots to a state of moronic credulity. By carefully feeding the paranoia that is a principal component of the Russian character, Putin has secured his people’s support for an adventure that can only have catastrophic consequences for them."

I mean, LOL, Iain Martin, sure, but he *sounds* as if he knows what he is talking about, he is saying exactly what Russian TV and all the Western commentators on Russian TV are saying, and your intuition as to how you might feel if you were Russian is a bit off the point.

Rachel Reeves said she was "pleased" Labour lost in 2019

I will be equally pleased with that result in 2024

No she didn’t say that. Don’t lie.

She said she was glad Corbyn wasn’t PM right now. I agree with her.
    edited April 2022
    IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

Dura_Ace said:

IshmaelZ said:

Dura_Ace said:

IshmaelZ said:

Heathener said:

IshmaelZ said:

Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says Western arms shipments to Ukraine mean Nato is "in essence engaged in war with Russia" and there is "considerable" risk of the conflict going nuclear

Tbh I'm amazed they haven't said this from the outset, and it's part of the reason why I think we've being really disingenuous about the No Fly Zone. We have drawn our own line by saying that it's fine to supply tons of military equipment, intelligence and, even, special 'advisors' (SAS) to Ukraine but it's not fine to install a NFZ. 95% of people on here have gone along with this, often vociferously. They've told themselves that the one will help Ukraine but won't escalate it but the other would lead to WWIII and Armageddon.

But it's cant and hypocrisy basically, isn't it? If we're going to support Ukraine, bloody well support Ukraine. We should have backed Zelensky's request and stood up to Putin.

Not going to flame you, but consider this: all but the most psychopathic criminals retain a demented sense of justice, a point quite neatly illustrated by monty python's piranha brothers who nail someone's head to the floor "because he had transgressed the unwritten code." Putin's unwritten code includes no nfz.

Or of course, he is bluffing and we only think it does. But don't fall into the narrative of Stand up to the bully, give Ivan a bloody nose and he will always cave in to true British grit. That is a school story and there's no nukes in schools.
    It's amazing how many people think this is fucking Michael Bay film and that Russia will back down if, in some as yet to be defined manner, Ukraine wins.

There is going to have to be a deal sooner or later and the pressure should be on Ukraine and Russia to make it sooner.
    What 'pressure to do a deal' can we put on a Russia that is doing, and saying, what it is?

And what makes you think they'll stick with the deal for a microsecond longer than it takes to get what they want?
    Again, even nutters have a sense of justice. You adhere to the unwritten code, you don't get your head nailed to the coffee table. Russia's sabre rattling is consistently if...then, else..., not, we are going to nuke you just for shits n giggles and because we can

But OK you think a deal can't be done, so whats your alternative? Give Ivan a dam' good thrashing because then he'll back down, like bullies always do?
    The government and people of Russia believe, with 100% confidence, that they will come out of the other end of a nuclear exchange in far better shape than NATO. This is a recurrent theme on Russian TV.

It's a vast and sparsely populated country with shit infrastructure and people who are used to roughing it anyway.
    Oh I'm sure that Putin, his cronies and oligarchs with their luxurious palaces and yachts are completely used to roughing it (!)

Russia may be sparsely populated but much of the population is concentrated in a small number of areas. Nearly 10% of the population lives in Moscow, and another 14% lives in the next fourteen cities. It would not take many warheads to destroy those population centres.

I think this is a case where standing up to a bully is actually a lot safer than giving way to him.

Moscow was abandoned and burned to the ground in 1812, Leningrad had a 900 day siege, Stalingrad happened at Stalingrad. Having its cities pulverised to fuck and coming back from it, is just part of the myth.
    Somehow, I don't think that either Russia's leaders or masses have a huge desire to commit national suicide.
    Well, fuck it, look at the actual evidence, why not? You might as well say that nobody has ever gone to war because, yes, I know what it says in the history books, but would people really commit themselves to years of large scale slaughter and misery for no clear gain, time after time? There is a whole heap of commentators out there, and any number of clips of state TV on twitter, saying quite explicitly that Russia thinks it can win an all out nuclear war. Now if the Russians are saying that and the Western commentators are saying believe them, I don't see what weight is to be attached to your "somehow" gut feeling on the subject.
    Russia had very little choice but to fight an enemy in 1941 that was bent on enslaving or exterminating the population. In such a situation, they had little choice but to endure hell.

"Russia’s information infrastructure is hugely different from the West. The Russian masses, especially outside the cities, are not all on the internet; they rely on state-controlled television for news. That pre-existing monopoly has been massively reinforced since the invasion of Ukraine, with all alternative news sources blocked for the overwhelming majority of Russians. This has been compounded by many of the younger, social media-savvy generation leaving the country.

What is left is a population depressingly similar to its grandparents, who crowded Red Square to cheer the Leader of All Progressive Humanity whenever Stalin appeared atop Lenin’s tomb to receive the adulation of his helots. True, many applauded out of fear, but many also from conviction: even today, Stalin remains revered by millions of Russians. The mythology of the Great Patriotic War combines all the central elements of the Russian political identity: love of a strong leader, a near-masochist willingness to endure the unendurable for the sake of the motherland, and imperial greatness resulting in domination over other nations.

Since coming to power, Vladimir Putin has aspired to tick all those boxes. His propaganda machine, now unchallenged by any alternative voice, has reduced his compatriots to a state of moronic credulity. By carefully feeding the paranoia that is a principal component of the Russian character, Putin has secured his people’s support for an adventure that can only have catastrophic consequences for them."

I mean, LOL, Iain Martin, sure, but he *sounds* as if he knows what he is talking about, he is saying exactly what Russian TV and all the Western commentators on Russian TV are saying, and your intuition as to how you might feel if you were Russian is a bit off the point.
    It does appear that the word is slowly getting back to those inside Russia, but it’s a slow process. Lots of younger people trying to educate their parents and grandparents that the TV is not telling the truth.

It won’t be long either, before the wives and mothers of 20,000 dead soldiers realise their husbands and sons are not coming home, as well as the tens of thousands more who will come home with injuries and stories.

More realistic
    You bring the petrol I will bring a lighter
  • EPG said:

It's a big impact to move down from 6 seats per constituency to 5. I cannot but wonder if this makes life trickier for Alliance who had a fair wind behind them during the Brexit debate. It makes them rely more heavily on transfers, which are easier to imagine flowing within the sectarian blocs.

Alliance gets lots of transfers from Green, SDLP and UUP voters. I think the problem for them will be getting 2nd seats in crowded constituencies like North Down where the Greens already have a seat and the former DUP MLA is standing as an independent.
    edited April 2022
    Westwood nickname for himself, Big Dawg.....Operation Save Big Dawg...
  • StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,085

More realistic
    Have you seen the price of petrol these days?

More realistic
    Thats why I asked CHB to get it and i am bringing a 10p lighter

Have you got a reputable link to that?

The version I heard was she was pleased Corbyn isn't Prime Minister.

Asked if Mr Corbyn would have made a bad prime minister, she said: “Yes, I’m pleased that he’s not prime minister, but I don’t like the prime minister we’ve got either, and that’s why I’m campaigning for Keir Starmer to be the next prime minister – a Labour prime minister.”

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/rachel-reeves-says-she-is-pleased-jeremy-corbyn-is-not-prime-minister-3667288
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,598

An outright lie.

More realistic
    Back of the net, BJO!

Sheffield Wednesday 1- 0 West Bromwich Albion.

Same thing

And you expect those of us who worked our bollocks off for a Labour Government to vote for a front bench that wanted to lose
  • I assumed this has been shared?

I see we are back to truly mendacious and moronic postings by a Corbyn Mega Fan, a self-branded 'socialist' who fabricates complete lies about Labour frontbenchers while advocating for the reelection of a Tory government.

It seems lying is becoming a popular pursuit on PB. Sad to see.

Same thing

And you expect those of us who worked our bollocks off for a Labour Government to vote for a front bench that wanted to lose
    It's not the same thing at all. That's another lie.

Same thing

No it isn't and you know it. You reduce your credibility when you come out with such nonsense. And you are a poster I respect because however much I think you are wrong, you normally have an honestly held (if totally misguided and hopeless) view that I like to read.

More realistic
    Thats why I asked CHB to get it and i am bringing a 10p lighter
    You certainly like to lose things don't you BJO.

An outright lie.
    No mate an absolute truth she is pleased Corbyn is not PM which means she is pleased Labour lost in 2019

No other interpretation is possible
  • ApplicantApplicant Posts: 3,379
    Sandpit said:

The current version of that page doesn't appear to contain the word "white". Still, on the plus side, at least they can spell "black" correctly.
  • I see we are back to truly mendacious and moronic postings by a Corbyn Mega Fan, a self-branded 'socialist' who fabricates complete lies about Labour frontbenchers while advocating for the reelection of a Tory government.

Hope you are keeping well @Anabobazina.

This is where I see myself as different to the Corbyn fans, I wanted Corbyn to be PM at the time and I would happily come out to bat for him but I was always leftie/Labour first, Corbyn second.

You see this now where I want Keir Starmer to be PM - but BJO doesn't, he'd rather have a Tory. That's not Labour at all, he's not Labour and never has been.
    Applicant said:

Sandpit said:

The current version of that page doesn't appear to contain the word "white". Still, on the plus side, at least they can spell "black" correctly.
    It was a very clunky sentence the first version had, not surprised it has been edited.

An outright lie.
    No mate an absolute truth she is pleased Corbyn is not PM which means she is pleased Labour lost in 2019

I think it's very likely had Labour won in 2019, Corbyn would have resigned/been forced out. So, it is perfectly possible to have wanted a Labour Government but not Corbyn as PM.
  • This is going to break my heart if it happens.

Liverpool consider huge £70m crypto shirt sponsor deal

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-consider-huge-70m-crypto-shirt-sponsor-deal-ornstein

Thanks for outing yourself as preferring Boris over Corbyn.

See we are not all that different I prefer Boris over SKS
    Applicant said:

Sandpit said:

Ha, they edited that one out quickly. Was definitely there half an hour ago.

An outright lie.

So Reeves the voter didn't vote for Reeves the candidate in case she got PM Corbyn? Go figure
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,957

If Labour has won the election, who would have been PM? Strains credulity that a Labour Parliamentary party that no confidence voted Corbyn but then did nothing would have booted him out if he had won them the keys to Downing Street.

It is a distinction without difference.

Corbyn would have been a better PM than Johnson.

You've never actually explained why you don't think Keir Starmer would be a good PM. A man who has ran a large organisation and overturned a 26 point deficit to be 8 points ahead.
    edited April 2022

This is going to break my heart if it happens.

https://www.football365.com/news/liverpool-consider-huge-70m-crypto-shirt-sponsor-deal-ornstein

"with Liverpool talking to ‘a crypto exchange firm"

I bet it is FTX. They are sponsoring loads of US sports teams.

They were advertising some branded crypto crap on the hoardings at the Everton match the other night too. Not good for the fans.
  • This is going to break my heart if it happens.

The rumours are it is between them and Crypto who sponsor the F1.

If it happens FSG would be making a bigger mistake than when they signed up the European Super League.

An outright lie.

You don't get to infer meaning and then attribute it to her.

Two can play at that game, see.

Try this, for example:

You support Boris' reelection in 2024. You are a rightwing populist Tory and not a socialist. No other interpretation is possible.
  • NorthofStokeNorthofStoke Posts: 1,758
    Sandpit said:

IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

IshmaelZ said:

Sean_F said:

Dura_Ace said:

IshmaelZ said:

Dura_Ace said:

IshmaelZ said:

Heathener said:

IshmaelZ said:

It does appear that the word is slowly getting back to those inside Russia, but it’s a slow process. Lots of younger people trying to educate their parents and grandparents that the TV is not telling the truth.

It won’t be long either, before the wives and mothers of 20,000 dead soldiers realise their husbands and sons are not coming home, as well as the tens of thousands more who will come home with injuries and stories.
    That is just the casualties so far. If this goes on for another couple of months then the "butchers's bill" will be enormous. Politically de-stabilising enormous.

I see we are back to truly mendacious and moronic postings by a Corbyn Mega Fan, a self-branded 'socialist' who fabricates complete lies about Labour frontbenchers while advocating for the reelection of a Tory government.

but BJO he's not Labour and never has been.
    How do you account for my voting record compared to yours?

I have voted Lab in every GE since 1979 except 2005

Makes me much more Lab than you.

Have you ever even canvassed for Labour?

Anabobazina isn't Lab either L4%K fan
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766

Sandpit said:

Aiiiii
    edited April 2022

If it happens FSG would be making a bigger mistake than when they signed up the European Super League.
    It could be worse. FTX are a legitimate business, they could take the dollars to shill some shit coin.

The thing I still can't get my head around, with all this government investigation into football etc, how are the illegal Chinese betting company sponsorships mainly owned by a man the FBI say is head of one of the major Triad organisations, and whose IT is being white labelled from Eastern European mafia run company, still being allowed.

My elderly folks were asking me the other day when I visited what with all the Chinese characters around the betting companies they had never heard of. I explained it and they were are you sure, do the clubs know, how is this allowed.

If Labour has won the election, who would have been PM? Strains credulity that a Labour Parliamentary party that no confidence voted Corbyn but then did nothing would have booted him out if he had won them the keys to Downing Street.

PM Corbyn would really be conflicted now. Who to support over Ukraine? NATO or a former Soviet comrade.

Even Johnson for all his utter uselessness worked that one out.

You've never actually explained why you don't think Keir Starmer would be a good PM. A man who has ran a large organisation and overturned a 26 point deficit to be 8 points ahead.
    Indeed, and who has also exorcised the malignant force of Momentum and the Corbynites from the reins of power. A nontrivial task, to say the least. Rather similar in gravity to Kinnock's destruction of Militant.
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 43,610
    Nigelb said:

Russian state TV says it has discovered an "organisation of gays and lesbians" in a building in Mariupol where Ukrainian "nationalist battalions" had been based

It was apparently "funded by USAID" and "virtually under the patronage of the US President and Congress"

Anyone remember the bizarre meme from Ukrainian uprising against the pro-Russian oligarchs involving "Western {homophobic term for gay people} snipers" ? Who were apparently shooting the protesters in a false flag operation...

but BJO he's not Labour and never has been.
    How do you account for my voting record compared to yours?

I have voted Lab in every GE since 1979 except 2005

Makes me much more Lab than you.

Have you ever even canvassed for Labour?

Anabobazina isn't Lab either L4%K fan
    Weird post.

Do you mean Liz Kendall? She was a Labour MP last time I looked.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,766
    MaxPB said:

https://youtu.be/YnL9vAFphmE

This is great, the junior JS boot camp dev is the best of the lot though.

That's very funny.
  • Meanwhile, in Caledonia...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/snp-candidate-suggests-opponents-independence-26799161

"An SNP election candidate has suggested that opponents of independence are "negative" and "more likely to suffer from degenerative brain diseases" as a result."

He is the 2nd SNP candidate alphabetically in a 3 member ward so he is probably unlikely to get elected now and the ward will probably be 1 SNP 1 Con 1 Lab.
    MaxPB said:

Don't be ridiculous. Boris is a fool but given everything that's happened in Ukraine he's not a security risk like Corbyn.
    Ukraine changed the game in Johnson's favour.

Prior to that they were both equally unsuited to being UK PM. Putin's invasion of Ukraine just ratcheted Corbyn's credibility down a notch, or ten.

You've never actually explained why you don't think Keir Starmer would be a good PM.
    I have several times,

He is a liar, a divisive factionalist with less personality than a piece of wood.

You've never actually explained why you don't think Keir Starmer would be a good PM.
    I have several times,

He is a liar, a divisive factionalist with less personality than a piece of wood.

That's no way to talk about Jeremy!
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709

Slugger O Toole has great analysis on the assembly election. Also Peter Donaghy is modelling all the individual constituencies on twitter.

Will be interesting to see how well Alliance will do and if they are capable of getting 2nd seats in various constituencies like East Antrim, Lagan Valley, Strangford and North Down (unlikely, I agree with the above prediction). I have revised down my predictions for Alliance somewhat but I still expect Sinn Fein to be the largest party.

I think the biggest unknown is the SDLP, they have strong candidates but are in danger of being squeezed out in constituencies like Lagan Valley where Alliance is doing well.

Alliance and UUP and TUV should be up.

SF little changed, DUP and SDLP down
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,183
    Just spotted that former denizen of these boards Stewart Jackson has been appointed the new Residents' Commissioner for HS2: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/department-for-transport-appoints-new-hs2-residents-commissioner

An outright lie.

Alternative history time:

Tories failed to gain a majority in 2019. Other parties refuse to back Tories in a VONC, so Bozo out. However, other parties also make clear that they will not support Labour in a VONC if Jezza is PM, but will do so if there is a different Labour Leader, such as Starmer.

A few days of flapping about then...

Bozo goes to the place, and advises HM to ask Starmer to form a government.
  • Fysics_TeacherFysics_Teacher Posts: 6,060
    edited April 2022
    Nigelb said:

Is that supposed to be bad?
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,183

MaxPB said:

Don't be ridiculous. Boris is a fool but given everything that's happened in Ukraine he's not a security risk like Corbyn.
    Ukraine changed the game in Johnson's favour.

Prior to that they were both equally unsuited to being UK PM. Putin's invasion of Ukraine just ratcheted Corbyn's credibility down a notch, or ten.
    I think vaccinations would have also proved a little stumbly for Corbyn, what with his brother being the main voice of the anti-vax movement.

I have several times,

Beat me to it!

The spectacle of a Corbynista referring to others as 'factionalists' is, well, a sight to behold.
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,878
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

No, hes left the BBC now. Hence why the BBC all of a sudden seem interested in investigating the stories which have been about for 20 years and of course as a programme on BBC Three. The gang members appear on westwood tv, a youtube channel
    Ah okay. That could backfire spectacularly on the Beeb though, if the police start asking around about who knew of the allegations a decade or more ago.
    I'd note that he may well be totally innocent. I note with interest that Noel Clarke, of Dr Who fame, who faced lots of 'accusations', will not face charges from the police. As ever this news gets hidden, whereas the initial stories were front page news.
  • Slugger O Toole has great analysis on the assembly election. Also Peter Donaghy is modelling all the individual constituencies on twitter.

I am glad you like my article. I highly doubt that but they should do well in North Down.

PM Corbyn would really be conflicted now. Who to support over Ukraine? NATO or a former Soviet comrade.

Even Johnson for all his utter uselessness worked that one out.
    Corbyn would be Anti War and has condemned Putins invasion

The truth is that no modern politician has been more consistent or more prescient when it comes to Putin than Corbyn. Far from being pro-Putin, Corbyn warned against him when others didn’t.
  • eek said:

Photos aren't visible. You can't just link to them from your gmail account (you will see them, no-one else will) - you need to add them somewhere else.

The above is my article, I am unsure why they are not appearing. I copied and pasted direct from Google.
  • HYUFD said:

SDLP is quite transfer friendly though and is not likely to lose any seats except possibly in Lagan Valley to the 2nd Alliance candidate. Some people such as the above poster are even predicting an SDLP gain in Strangford.
  • TOPPING said:

Great article thanks - is it just me that can't see the images (on the main site or vf)?

I copied and pasted directly from Google. How would I get the images to appear?

I have several times,

Yes, he does have a shade more personality.

An outright lie.

Tories failed to gain a majority in 2019. Other parties refuse to back Tories in a VONC, so Bozo out. However, other parties also make clear that they will not support Labour in a VONC if Jezza is PM, but will do so if there is a different Labour Leader, such as Starmer.

Indeed that was a realistic prospect in the previous poll in 2017 – a few thousand votes the other way and it could have occurred – most likely a Rainbow Coalition (if viable) would not have accepted Corbo as PM.

An outright lie.

KSWNBPM same as Jezza
    HYUFD said:

Is this likely to lead to Michelle O'Neill becoming First Minister? I haven't been following it but sounds... interesting.

An outright lie.

Indeed that was a realistic prospect in the previous poll in 2017 – a few thousand votes the other way and it could have occurred – most likely a Rainbow Coalition (if viable) would not have accepted Corbo as PM.
    And back in 2010 Gordon Brown essentially agreed to resign if the LibDems would support a Labour minority government.
  • eekeek Posts: 24,797

All they see is the money - not the fact it's all a Ponzi scheme built on nothing.
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,673

Meanwhile, in Caledonia...

He is the 2nd SNP candidate alphabetically in a 3 member ward so he is probably unlikely to get elected now and the ward will probably be 1 SNP 1 Con 1 Lab.
    His only mistake was assuming they had enough brain cells or backbone to be able to catch a disease.
    Lots of pretendy independence supporters in the SNP at present and that is just the leadership gravy train mob.
  • MrEdMrEd Posts: 5,578

Have you got a reputable link to that?

The version I heard was she was pleased Corbyn isn't Prime Minister.

Asked if Mr Corbyn would have made a bad prime minister, she said: “Yes, I’m pleased that he’s not prime minister, but I don’t like the prime minister we’ve got either, and that’s why I’m campaigning for Keir Starmer to be the next prime minister – a Labour prime minister.”

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/politics/rachel-reeves-says-she-is-pleased-jeremy-corbyn-is-not-prime-minister-3667288
    You are surely not accusing the self-appointed Guardian of Truth of lying, are you?

An outright lie.

And back in 2010 Gordon Brown essentially agreed to resign if the LibDems would support a Labour minority government.
    Very true.
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,911

:innocent:

• malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,673

Nigelb said:

Is that supposed to be bad?
    They really are as thick as mince.

HYUFD said:

Is this likely to lead to Michelle O'Neill becoming First Minister? I haven't been following it but sounds... interesting.
    As long as she remembers to keep crossing her legs during the leaders' debate she is in with a good shout.
This discussion has been closed.