Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Today’s budget could be the trigger for a Tory poll lead – politicalbetting.com

123457»

Comments

• Options
    noneoftheabovenoneoftheabove Posts: 20,779
    Is this a Brexit debate or a Spring statement? I thought we left sometime ago.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,906

5p off fuel duty is bonkers. When prices go back up the benefit gets wiped out.

It will just get swallowed up by the energy companies.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,441
    Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

Leon said:

ping said:

dixiedean said:

Despite high house prices whats kept the young on side so far has been cheap foreign travel and cheap consumer goods. Take that away and things could get interesting

Things those massive fuel/power increases are going to kill are big tellies, latest phones, foreign holidays. Holidays are especially going to be missed after 2 years of Covid.

We are going to be given a shock lesson in the importance of saving for a rainy day, now an alien concept to many.
    Having a shiny new motor every couple of years on the never never is the one that will really hit home.
    That is an outward sign of status.
    Yeah, after the holiday, that’s probably going to be the second major sacrifice for most of the PAYE working population.

After that, it starts to really hit home.

Scary times ahead.
    Talking of pricey holidays, I’ve been trying to arrange a trip to Eastern Turkey for a while. Every time I go back to Opodo or Kayak the air tickets have gone up 20%. Must be inflation in fuel prices?

Scary, indeed
    Take the cookies off your computer...airlines raise prices if you repeatedly search the same trip
    Is that true? Can’t believe I’m learning this so late in life! Thanks

Weirdly I just found the flight I wanted via the actual airline website - and, yes, much cheaper

Send you might be right 👍👍🥂🥂
    As a seasoned traveller for Flint knappers Monthly I am very surprised you didn't know these common underhand tactics employed in the travel industry in relation to "personalised pricing".
    Genuinely didn’t know this. I is idiot
    Does it matter if the Knappers monthly is paying?
    That’s probably why I never deduced this. Generally I’ve had tickets arranged for me and paid by others
    You need to launch a comparison website “knapp the market.com” chisel off every price the flint knapper way.
  • Options
    MoonRabbitMoonRabbit Posts: 12,441
    Eabhal said:

5p off fuel duty is bonkers. When prices go back up the benefit gets wiped out.

It will just get swallowed up by the energy companies.
    It’s going to look fantastic on every front page tomorrow!
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,311
    edited March 2022
    "Principled approach to cutting taxes" LOL. Obvious what principles those will be.

Told ya.

Autumn 2023 election completely dead - it will be after the 2024 cut in income tax.
This discussion has been closed.