Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Geoffrey Cox won’t resign, and Boris Johnson won’t make him – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    boulayboulay Posts: 3,929
    kinabalu said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

He really is a scruffy twunt isn't he.

When you have to pay your respects to the war dead at 11 but have to get blind drunk under a flyover bridge at 12 https://twitter.com/youwouldknow/status/1459525716735897601/photo/1

A while back somebody (who would know) that the reason Boris Johnson wears ill fitting suits is that he cannot afford to buy new ones.

I dismissed that as a joke but now....
    I suspect its more that his weight yo-yos quite a bit and he is somewhat on the chubbier side at the moment. Of course, from personal experience, the first thing you stop doing in such a scenario is button up your jacket.
    Can relate.

I bet Boris Johnson only buys one pair of trousers when he buys a suit.

He seems that disorganised.
    As any stylish man about town knows, you should always buy two pairs of trousers and two jackets when you buy a suit….
    Yep. And that allows you to do something very clever. You can rotate the jackets and within that rotation rotate the trousers, thus getting effectively a different suit every day for 4 straight days.

J1 + T1
    J1 + T2
    J2 + T1
    J2 + T2

So people think you're wearing the same suit all the time but you know you're not. You can keep this a secret or tell people, depending on how you feel and what sort of person you are.
    A very valid point however you need a different suit for each day as you want the suit to work with the shirt and tie combo you are wearing the next day and you don’t want the girls at the bar after work to think you are a bit of a dirty bugger wearing the same suit each day….

And then it depends on the clients you might be meeting the next day - some will appreciate “accountant grey”, some will expect different pinstripes, and some even a Prince of wales check. It’s a sartorial minefield!!
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,759
    ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

Verstappen gets a €50,000 fine whilst Hamilton is disqualified.

Racist anti British stewards.

Disqualification is a bit of an odd one, usually they just gird penalty you for stuff.
    I think they felt without it he wouldn't have been as fast.

Of course, sometimes they do let people off for breaking the technical regs. Remember Eddie Irvine and Michael Schumacher at Kuala Lumpar in 2000?

But, there was a legitimate argument that made no difference to the performance. Here, however...

Plus Hamilton already had a penalty.
    Yes, and of course not all breaches of rules reasonably have the same punishment, we don't chop off hands for both theft and littering. On the face of it touching the car is wrong, but it take deliberate contrary action to breach car set up rules - remember I think it was BAR having a tank inside the tank or something, so they could leave fuel in for the weigh in?
    Er...I didn't know we chopped hands off at all in this country.
    Oh yes we do. It happened as recently as 1579. See R v Stubbe (1579) KB 29/215, m.20.

Don't tell me the softies have stopped doing it.

Still sentenced to it in Scotland in the C18 on very rare occasion. But done only as part of a death sentence - chop then hang - in cases of particularly aggravated murder.
    It wasn't sufficient. If they wanted a proper punishment, they should have rendered them totally armless before hanging.
    It did rather add to the suspense of the ceremony.

In 1820 the UKG had two participants in the Scottish Rising decapitated. But only after they were hanged. Well, obviously.
  • Options
    boulay said:

kinabalu said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

When you have to pay your respects to the war dead at 11 but have to get blind drunk under a flyover bridge at 12 https://twitter.com/youwouldknow/status/1459525716735897601/photo/1

A while back somebody (who would know) that the reason Boris Johnson wears ill fitting suits is that he cannot afford to buy new ones.

I suspect its more that his weight yo-yos quite a bit and he is somewhat on the chubbier side at the moment. Of course, from personal experience, the first thing you stop doing in such a scenario is button up your jacket.
    Can relate.

As any stylish man about town knows, you should always buy two pairs of trousers and two jackets when you buy a suit….
    Yep. And that allows you to do something very clever. You can rotate the jackets and within that rotation rotate the trousers, thus getting effectively a different suit every day for 4 straight days.

J1 + T1
    J1 + T2
    J2 + T1
    J2 + T2

So people think you're wearing the same suit all the time but you know you're not. You can keep this a secret or tell people, depending on how you feel and what sort of person you are.
    A very valid point however you need a different suit for each day as you want the suit to work with the shirt and tie combo you are wearing the next day and you don’t want the girls at the bar after work to think you are a bit of a dirty bugger wearing the same suit each day….

And then it depends on the clients you might be meeting the next day - some will appreciate “accountant grey”, some will expect different pinstripes, and some even a Prince of wales check. It’s a sartorial minefield!!
    But surely the suits are of the same material? So one shouldn't be able to see which is which anyway.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,079
    People still wear suits?
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,242
    Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

Disqualification is a bit of an odd one, usually they just gird penalty you for stuff.

Of course, sometimes they do let people off for breaking the technical regs. Remember Eddie Irvine and Michael Schumacher at Kuala Lumpar in 2000?

But, there was a legitimate argument that made no difference to the performance. Here, however...

Yes, and of course not all breaches of rules reasonably have the same punishment, we don't chop off hands for both theft and littering. On the face of it touching the car is wrong, but it take deliberate contrary action to breach car set up rules - remember I think it was BAR having a tank inside the tank or something, so they could leave fuel in for the weigh in?
    Oh yes we do. It happened as recently as 1579. See R v Stubbe (1579) KB 29/215, m.20.

Still sentenced to it in Scotland in the C18 on very rare occasion. But done only as part of a death sentence - chop then hang - in cases of particularly aggravated murder.
    It wasn't sufficient. If they wanted a proper punishment, they should have rendered them totally armless before hanging.

In 1820 the UKG had two participants in the Scottish Rising decapitated. But only after they were hanged. Well, obviously.
    Henry V gave a close friend of his a fair trial - two months after he had beheaded him for treason.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,750
    edited November 2021

Wow, this is like something sci-fi out of Hollywood:

Neil Stone
    @DrNeilStone
    Absolutely spectacular video showing how mRNA Covid vaccines actually work.

The human immune system - and the science which went into harnessing it through vaccines - is mind blowingly beautiful

Watch. Enjoy. Learn. Vaccinate.

https://twitter.com/DrNeilStone/status/1459267407550332930

The workings of the human body, and the natural world itself, are truly a mind bogglingly complex wonder.
  • Options

People still wear suits?

Yes, I absolutely love wearing morning suits.
  • Options
    TazTaz Posts: 11,179

IanB2 said:

DavidL said:

Recently rewatched all of Blake’s 7, for the first time since original broadcast. Stories excellent, but the sets and effects just emphasise how far we’ve come. Often been talks of a reboot, bu5 nothing so far. I’d be keen.

It was pretty ordinary when it pretended to be a sci fi series but as it evolved into burlesque, from Avon in particular, it became unmissable and hilarious. It was one of those shows that if you were not able to quote it the next day at school you were not a part of the conversation. There weren't many, the rise and fall of Reggie Perrin being another that immediately comes to mind.
    I used to love that mega-intelligent computer they had that appeared to be a transparent Perspex cube with flashing Christmas lights inside it.
    Yes, it was low budget, but even though it was pitched at late teenagers, the characters were more complex than the usual goodie-baddie meme of Star Trek or Dr Who, and although some of the episodes were bizarre, others were thought provoking and touched on some big moral issues. I’ve watched the series several times again as an adult, and provided you can overlook the sets that were either made on Blue Peter or appeared to be a gravel pit somewhere near Croydon, and the pitiful budget, it does stand the test of time.
    Having discovered Forces TV on the sky box I am enjoying loads of these old 70s TV shows. Recently it has been Blake's 7, Sapphire and Steel, and UFO. All thoroughly enjoyable if a little bizarre at times.
    Forces TV has some cracking material, as does Talking Pictures.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

Henry V gave a close friend of his a fair trial - two months after he had beheaded him for treason.
    Can't argue with that, we offer pardons to dead people too.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,613
    16thC JCVI.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-shakespeare-actually-wrote-about-the-plague
    … It was early recognized that the rate of infection was far higher in densely populated cities than in the country; those with the means to do so escaped to rural retreats, though they often brought infection with them. Civic officials, realizing that crowds heightened contagion, took measures to institute what we now call social distancing. Collecting data from parish registers, they carefully tracked weekly plague-related deaths. When those deaths surpassed thirty, they banned assemblies, feasts, archery contests, and other forms of mass gathering. Since it was believed that it was impossible to become infected during the act of worship, church services were not included in the ban, though the infected were not permitted to attend. But the public theatres in London, which routinely brought together two or three thousand people in an enclosed space, were ordered shut. It could take many months before the death rate came down sufficiently for the authorities to allow theatres to reopen.…
  • Options

People still wear suits?

Schoolfriend of mine became an eminent surgeon in a major London hospital. He met me after work in a Jeeves style combination, the dark jacket and pinstripe trousers thing. I inquired about it and he said the patients expected it.

Same for legal eagles I'm afraid ...
  • Options

People still wear suits?

Just no pictures of you in your birthday suit please.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,225

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

Time for all Patriots to ask themselves a question. How can the fate of such a land be in the palm of this bloke's hands?
    Someone been listening to "Hurricane" by chance? For a sense of pure outrage in a song possibly only ever matched by the Lonesome death of Hattie Carroll.
    Yes, great song. But no, haven't had it on recently, it's more that I'm reading Chronicles. Trying to get the (paper page) reading habit back and decided that's a good one to kick off with. It's been on the shelf unopened for years.

To see us obviously maimed
    Turned into basket case when one time we could have been
    ... a member of the Euuuuurowww :smile:
    I haven't read that in decades.
    "“The worth of things can't be measured by what they cost but by what the cost you to get it, that if anything costs you your faith or your family, then the price is too high, and that there are some things that will never wear out.”

A principle to live your life by in a sentence.
    Yes. And I'm liking it so far. Doesn't disappoint at all. You'd expect lots of striking prose and sideways perception and you get it.

It's impossible, and whatever you kick back with I'll agree with, but gun to head and desert island bla bla, and without overthinking it, my fav 10 Dylan songs are in no particular order -

Positively 4th Street
    Subterranean HSB
    Blind Willie McTell
    It's All Over Now BB
    Knocking on Heavens
    Hard Rain
    Simple Twist
    Forever Young
    Hurricane
    God On Our Side
    Hurricane
    Blowin in the wind
    Like a Rolling Stone
    Desolation Row
    Mr Tambourine Man
    One of us must know
    Joey
    One more cup of coffee
    Highway 61
    Just like a woman.

I guess I really like Desire and Highway 61 Revisited. The word genius is much overused but certainly applies to Dylan.
    Yep, that's my fav 10 also.

He is a genius for sure. When I saw his 600 song catalogue had gone for £200m I thought gosh that's cheap. Imagine outright owning Tambourine Man for the price of a semi in Bognor Regis.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,003

Neil Stone
    @DrNeilStone

The human immune system - and the science which went into harnessing it through vaccines - is mind blowingly beautiful

That is good.

The BBC did a superb program on the immune system a few years back: "the hidden life of the cell".

For some odd reason it's unavailable on the BBC, but it is elsewhere:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6z0pzg
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

I'm not sure about the 1820s one either. They had to import English lawyers and English judges, i think, as the Scots ones couldn't understand this treason business. I've never got my head around it - I see a newish book is out so might try that.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,541
    Nigelb said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

Looks more like he mugged a slightly slimmer tramp and nicked it.
    It works. It's like northern WWC blokes going to a funeral. They have all found somewhere a black/fairly black suit borrowed off someone who is no more than a foot taller or shorter, and within 16" the same size. The shoes can be brown occasionally or even other colours. And - the bit other cultures don't get - it looks and is fantastically respectful.

These are the blokes who wear hard hats and yellow jackets at work, drive white vans, and call Boris Boris.

• Options
    Nigelb said:

16thC JCVI.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-shakespeare-actually-wrote-about-the-plague
    … It was early recognized that the rate of infection was far higher in densely populated cities than in the country; those with the means to do so escaped to rural retreats, though they often brought infection with them. Civic officials, realizing that crowds heightened contagion, took measures to institute what we now call social distancing. Collecting data from parish registers, they carefully tracked weekly plague-related deaths. When those deaths surpassed thirty, they banned assemblies, feasts, archery contests, and other forms of mass gathering. Since it was believed that it was impossible to become infected during the act of worship, church services were not included in the ban, though the infected were not permitted to attend. But the public theatres in London, which routinely brought together two or three thousand people in an enclosed space, were ordered shut. It could take many months before the death rate came down sufficiently for the authorities to allow theatres to reopen.…

Well, we certainly have our very own Falstaff.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Neil Stone
    @DrNeilStone

The workings of the human body, and the natural world itself, are truly a mind bogglingly complex wonder.
    Sometimes it is rather breathtaking to think all this is going on within one's own body, without one's ken, as one types some witty or puerile comment or other on PB.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 7,989

Private polling klaxon.

By Friday night one opinion poll, by Savanta ComRes, gave Labour a six-point lead, their biggest under Sir Keir Starmer’s leadership and a number that will give Tory MPs a fit of the vapours. It echoes private election modelling by some Conservative pollsters, which shows that if there was an election tomorrow, Johnson’s current working majority of 77 would shrink to between 15 and 20.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/will-boris-johnson-get-away-with-sleaze-scandal-7qdqvwpwf

Putting the latest YouGov and Comres polls into the EMA leaves the Tories 26 short of a majority.

Transferring half the Green vote to Labour gives Labour most seats (but 44 short of a majority).

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/fcgi-bin/usercode.py?scotcontrol=Y&CON=37.4&LAB=39.4&LIB=9.1&Reform=2.8&Green=3.3&UKIP=&TVCON=&TVLAB=&TVLIB=&TVReform=&TVGreen=&TVUKIP=&SCOTCON=22.3&SCOTLAB=18.3&SCOTLIB=6.3&SCOTReform=0.7&SCOTGreen=0.7&SCOTUKIP=&SCOTNAT=48.3&display=AllChanged&regorseat=(none)&boundary=2019base

LibDems gain Wimbledon, Winchester, Cheltenham and Carshalton.

• Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132

kle4 said:

Neil Stone
    @DrNeilStone

Sometimes it is rather breathtaking to think all this is going on within one's own body, without one's ken, as one types some witty or puerile comment or other on PB.
    Life is the most complex phenomenon in the known universe, after all.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

I'm not sure about the 1820s one either. They had to import English lawyers and English judges, i think, as the Scots ones couldn't understand this treason business. I've never got my head around it - I see a newish book is out so might try that.
    The Scots executed Thomas Aikenhead for having defective opinions on the Trinity in 1697, 14 years before the birth of David Hume.

• Options
    FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    pigeon said:

kle4 said:

Neil Stone
    @DrNeilStone

Ecosystems are. Since that's a complex system of life.
  • Options
    Hancock "intends to portray himself in a 'heroic light' " [in his new book]

(D Mail)

Genuine :lol:
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,995
    pigeon said:

kle4 said:

Neil Stone
    @DrNeilStone

Bah.

Life is nothing compared to DOTA2.
  • Options

People still wear suits?

I love to wander around the house in my birthday suit.
  • Options

(D Mail)

You would have thought he would already have shown himself as having but a shaky grasp of things.
  • Options

Neil Stone
    @DrNeilStone

That is fantastic. Glad people are trying to educate the masses. Hopefully it will make them more resistant to the anti-vaxxers
  • Options

(D Mail)

The Arnold Rimmer Experience!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-ZiI3iVgpM
  • Options
    I have honestly never seen so many horrific haircuts on display (outside of documentaries about 1980’s East Germany) as I have seen in the rugby. Is it some strange inside joke amongst international rugby players?
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,641

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

I think that counts as two suits. I always buy two pairs of trousers though.
    I bought three pairs of trousers with my last suit, on the basis that I have never had to get rid of a suit because the jacket has worn out.
    I used to buy two pairs of trousers, but now don't. I find that a well made suit goes out of fashion before it wears out. I do have a couple of suits with no jacket, only trousers and waistcoat, as I cannot wear the jacket at work.
  • Options
    stodgestodge Posts: 12,855
    Evening all :)

Mrs Stodge and I are two weeks off our booster vaccinations and it's just at the back of my mind the immunity level from the second vaccination at the end of May is falling all the time.

Is that an argument for suddenly moving all the boosters up a month? I'm not sure - if at 180 days we are only slightly less protected than 150 days, I'm to be convinced yet clearly there are many anxious to get that booster before Christmas.

I suppose the next question is how long will the booster provide protection - will we be back here next spring with round 4 or will the new booster offer something longer? Time, I suspect, will tell - it usually does.

The more immediate concern is the inability of the health services to get back to anything approaching normality let alone clearing the backlog of procedures and other care given the ICU beds occupied by those unvaccinated who are now sick with the virus. I can quite understand the anger of many toward the unvaccinated - 46 million have been doubly vaccinated and 12 million triply vaccinated according to the Government's own figures.

It seems reasonable to suppose as we continue to double and triple vaccinate and not to forget the 33,500 or so who got their first vaccination yesterday the pool for potential serious/life threatening infection will continue to diminish. I really hope we continue to see a fall in admissions to hospital as that will begin to re-open capacity for others who have been forced to live in often chronic pain through the virus.

As an aside, rail passenger numbers have stabilised at 62-64% of pre-virus levels during the week while on the Underground, Mondays are quiet (57%) but on other days it's 60-65% of pre-virus. Is this now the new normal - transport companies having to run 100% of services with 65% of passenger numbers?
  • Options
    boulay said:

I have honestly never seen so many horrific haircuts on display (outside of documentaries about 1980’s East Germany) as I have seen in the rugby. Is it some strange inside joke amongst international rugby players?

I think it really took off after beards came back into fashion a number of years back, to the point many professional footballers now have beards where previously nearly none did, and Rugby, where beards had been more common, no longer made them stand out (as much as human mountains made of beef need something more to stand out). Hence, awful haircuts.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

ydoethur said:

They've handed Verstappen the title.

The stewards are Tw@s

Because? He inserted his hand all the way up Hamilton's slot and the stewards took a dim view and fined him for it. What did you want them to do instead?
    He wanted him disqualified as well, because unless Verstappen has a DNF Hamilton pretty much can't win the title now.

But the stewards took the view it was a technical infringement, while Mercedes were blatantly cheating.
    The rear wing thing is literally a technical infringement.
    And the stewards were explicit in their ruling that there was no intent to cheat.

Given the detail, it’s also unlikely the car got any benefit in terms of speed, but that’s not a factor for the ruling.
    I think the Stewards were spot on. And there is certainly precedent such as Schumacher's penalty at Monaco in 2006.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

I bought three pairs of trousers with my last suit, on the basis that I have never had to get rid of a suit because the jacket has worn out.
    I used to buy two pairs of trousers, but now don't. I find that a well made suit goes out of fashion before it wears out. I do have a couple of suits with no jacket, only trousers and waistcoat, as I cannot wear the jacket at work.
    Without going all Jacob Rees Mogg, don’t buy “fashionable suits”? I’m sure skinny suit trousers aren’t overly practical in your line of work anyway? Lots of walking around would get a bit uncomfortable and nowhere roomy to stick a stethoscope!

And surely “trousers and a waistcoat” do not comprise a suit! So you have trousers and a waistcoat.
  • Options

I posted this last week and interesting that someone has said similar to the Sunday Times.

No 10 is widely seen as chaotic and dysfunctional with factions developing around Carrie Johnson, the prime minister’s wife, and Dan Rosenfield, the chief of staff. Two insiders used the same phrase last week: “It’s much worse in there than you think.”

Dominic Cummings, from his latest and free-to-read Substack:-

Also No10 spads have split into hunter-gatherer packs in a war of all-against-all and are briefing against each other, with all the non-Carrie factions terrified of Newman briefing and having them fired. And the newly re-appointed Gazza hates the Carrie-Newman faction and the Rosenfield faction and is trying to get both Rosenfield and Newman fired. (Also remember, Boris-Self-Aware Mode never forgets that Newman was at Gove’s house the night of the Long Knife. Newman is there because Carrie wants him, not because he wants him.)
    https://dominiccummings.substack.com/p/risk-aggression-brexit-and-article
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

People still wear suits?

To weddings.
  • Options
    pigeonpigeon Posts: 4,132
    stodge said:

As an aside, rail passenger numbers have stabilised at 62-64% of pre-virus levels during the week while on the Underground, Mondays are quiet (57%) but on other days it's 60-65% of pre-virus. Is this now the new normal - transport companies having to run 100% of services with 65% of passenger numbers?

For the time being, yes.

One would expect that the provision of trains would eventually align with actual customer demand, but that may take some years. The operation of the railways has been skewed to the needs of weekday commuters since forever, and so are working practices: a future in which trains may be as busy or busier at weekends will take some getting used to. Institutional inertia is tough to overcome.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

People still wear suits?

Schoolfriend of mine became an eminent surgeon in a major London hospital. He met me after work in a Jeeves style combination, the dark jacket and pinstripe trousers thing. I inquired about it and he said the patients expected it.

I wear jeans and trainers to work
  • Options
    boulay said:

Foxy said:

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

Without going all Jacob Rees Mogg, don’t buy “fashionable suits”? I’m sure skinny suit trousers aren’t overly practical in your line of work anyway? Lots of walking around would get a bit uncomfortable and nowhere roomy to stick a stethoscope!

And surely “trousers and a waistcoat” do not comprise a suit! So you have trousers and a waistcoat.
    I like to dress well, but a trousers and matching waistcoat does surely compromise a suit. I only wear short-sleeved shirts at work because of the bare below the elbow rule. Waistcoats work well both to keep warm and keep my tie from falling on the patient. I like ties too!

I find have a half dozen suits, some winter, some lighter summer wear and get 4-5 seasons out of them before they start to look dated.
  • Options
    stodge said:

Evening all :)

Mrs Stodge and I are two weeks off our booster vaccinations and it's just at the back of my mind the immunity level from the second vaccination at the end of May is falling all the time.

Is that an argument for suddenly moving all the boosters up a month? I'm not sure - if at 180 days we are only slightly less protected than 150 days, I'm to be convinced yet clearly there are many anxious to get that booster before Christmas.

I suppose the next question is how long will the booster provide protection - will we be back here next spring with round 4 or will the new booster offer something longer? Time, I suspect, will tell - it usually does.

The more immediate concern is the inability of the health services to get back to anything approaching normality let alone clearing the backlog of procedures and other care given the ICU beds occupied by those unvaccinated who are now sick with the virus. I can quite understand the anger of many toward the unvaccinated - 46 million have been doubly vaccinated and 12 million triply vaccinated according to the Government's own figures.

It seems reasonable to suppose as we continue to double and triple vaccinate and not to forget the 33,500 or so who got their first vaccination yesterday the pool for potential serious/life threatening infection will continue to diminish. I really hope we continue to see a fall in admissions to hospital as that will begin to re-open capacity for others who have been forced to live in often chronic pain through the virus.

A lot of commuter services are running at much less capacity, the line at my parents place used to run at 6 trains per hour peak and 4 off peak, it's 4 peak and 2 off peak now. Even the underground seems to have fewer services, the northern line has definitely been cut down a fair amount, used to be able to get a train from Hampstead station within 2 mins of getting to the platform, it's usually between 3-4 mins now off peak and up to 2 mins peak.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    edited November 2021
    kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kinabalu said:

DavidL said:

kinabalu said:

Scott_xP said:

Time for all Patriots to ask themselves a question. How can the fate of such a land be in the palm of this bloke's hands?
    Someone been listening to "Hurricane" by chance? For a sense of pure outrage in a song possibly only ever matched by the Lonesome death of Hattie Carroll.
    Yes, great song. But no, haven't had it on recently, it's more that I'm reading Chronicles. Trying to get the (paper page) reading habit back and decided that's a good one to kick off with. It's been on the shelf unopened for years.

To see us obviously maimed
    Turned into basket case when one time we could have been
    ... a member of the Euuuuurowww :smile:
    I haven't read that in decades.
    "“The worth of things can't be measured by what they cost but by what the cost you to get it, that if anything costs you your faith or your family, then the price is too high, and that there are some things that will never wear out.”

A principle to live your life by in a sentence.
    Yes. And I'm liking it so far. Doesn't disappoint at all. You'd expect lots of striking prose and sideways perception and you get it.

It's impossible, and whatever you kick back with I'll agree with, but gun to head and desert island bla bla, and without overthinking it, my fav 10 Dylan songs are in no particular order -

Positively 4th Street
    Subterranean HSB
    Blind Willie McTell
    It's All Over Now BB
    Knocking on Heavens
    Hard Rain
    Simple Twist
    Forever Young
    Hurricane
    God On Our Side
    Good choice. I'd add .

Ramona
    Working Men's Blues
    Back Pages
    Beyond the Horizon

but with Dylan it's about your mood. Ramona's his best love song and Back Pages has to be there and on a Political site you've got to have Working Men's Blues but all great choices...Oh and John Wesley Harding...
  • Options
    kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

Governor of the State of Louisiana is getting ready to pardon Homer Plessy, was convicted in 1892 of violating state law segregating train passengers by race.

Plessy was a man of mixed race and very light-skinned (not uncommon in cosmopolitan New Orleans) who was recruited for a test case versus newly-enacted Louisiana Separate [Railroad] Car Act. His appeal reached the US Supreme Court, resulting in the infamous Plessy v Ferguson "separate but equal" decision that legitimized for the next half century state "Jim Crow" laws discriminating against Blacks in virtually all aspects of life from the cradle to the grave.

After losing his SCOTUS appeal, Plessy plead guilty and was fined $25; he died in 1925.

> Keith Plessy, 64, who is descended from a cousin of Homer Plessy, attended the news conference. Later, he told the pardon board that he remembers meeting civil rights icon Rosa Parks, who refused in 1955 to leave a whites-only seat on a bus in Birmingham, Alabama, and kneeling to honor her.

“She said to me, ‘Get up boy, your name is Plessy — you’ve got work to do,’” . . .

> Keith Plessy and Phoebe Ferguson, the great-great-granddaughter of John Howard Ferguson, the judge who oversaw his case in Orleans Parish Criminal District Court, now lead a nonprofit that advocates for civil rights education.

“We cannot undo the wrongs of the past but we can and should acknowledge them,” Phoebe Ferguson told the pardon board. . . .

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/13/homer-plessy-key-to-separate-but-equal-on-road-to-pardon-521237
  • Options
    stodge said:

pigeon said:

stodge said:

For the time being, yes.

One would expect that the provision of trains would eventually align with actual customer demand, but that may take some years. The operation of the railways has been skewed to the needs of weekday commuters since forever, and so are working practices: a future in which trains may be as busy or busier at weekends will take some getting used to. Institutional inertia is tough to overcome.
    Yes, absolutely. The other side of this is whether the increasing amount of leisure traffic justifies the use of weekends for engineering works. Why close popular lines on Saturdays and Sundays when there is clear demand? Perhaps Network Rail should be looking at Monday-Tuesday line closures or restrictions.
    Yes, you could easily see Monday becoming an engineering day.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

People still wear suits?

As a general rule, juniors should wear outfits appropriate to the next step on the ladder. Dressing too high is a bit presumptuous, and when you are top dog, you can be a bit more experimental.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

People still wear suits?

You're a legal eagle so check your contract about acceptable wear for Zoom calls. They can sack you whenever they like but not breaking the rules means they have to give you a cheque on your way out.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,225
    @OnlyLivingBoy - and we managed to both (!) not name I Shall Be Released and Idiot Wind. Making the point and showing the problem. Let's hope fellow superfan @DavidL rectifies if/when he does his. :smile:
  • Options
    Foxy said:

boulay said:

Foxy said:

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

I like to dress well, but a trousers and matching waistcoat does surely compromise a suit. I only wear short-sleeved shirts at work because of the bare below the elbow rule. Waistcoats work well both to keep warm and keep my tie from falling on the patient. I like ties too!

I find have a half dozen suits, some winter, some lighter summer wear and get 4-5 seasons out of them before they start to look dated.
    Sorry, wasn’t being serious, just a bit bored and being a dick!!
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Dirty Australians, they are the Max Verstappens of rugby.

Hey! They're our future

Our nearest and dearest according to the ditzy Liz Truss.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

A lot of commuter services are running at much less capacity, the line at my parents place used to run at 6 trains per hour peak and 4 off peak, it's 4 peak and 2 off peak now. Even the underground seems to have fewer services, the northern line has definitely been cut down a fair amount, used to be able to get a train from Hampstead station within 2 mins of getting to the platform, it's usually between 3-4 mins now off peak and up to 2 mins peak.

Officially, I believe Transport for London, as condition for getting a financial bailout from the Government, had to agree to continue to run the pre-virus service.

I suspect what has happened is that drivers and other crew have been re-deployed or not replaced - one example is the Waterloo & City Line drivers were re-deployed to the Central Line to keep that line going. That's why the drain was closed for so long - it re-opened as a commuter service running only at peak hours but from 22/11 will be running a full Monday-Friday service (nothing at the weekends however).

There are frequent delays on the Met, Hammersmith & City and Circle due to "train cancellations" which I suspect means a shortage of drivers.

In other words, Transport for London are achieving service reduction by stealth - the services officially exist but there aren't enough drivers so some trains are cancelled.
  • Options
    IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    Tangled up in Blue

That is all.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

boulay said:

Foxy said:

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

A dentistry student friend had a session on how to tie bow ties as part of her course.
  • Options
    stodge said:

MaxPB said:

Officially, I believe Transport for London, as condition for getting a financial bailout from the Government, had to agree to continue to run the pre-virus service.

I suspect what has happened is that drivers and other crew have been re-deployed or not replaced - one example is the Waterloo & City Line drivers were re-deployed to the Central Line to keep that line going. That's why the drain was closed for so long - it re-opened as a commuter service running only at peak hours but from 22/11 will be running a full Monday-Friday service (nothing at the weekends however).

There are frequent delays on the Met, Hammersmith & City and Circle due to "train cancellations" which I suspect means a shortage of drivers.

In other words, Transport for London are achieving service reduction by stealth - the services officially exist but there aren't enough drivers so some trains are cancelled.
    They've played this game before. Stand by for industrial action when they try to make the cancellations permanent by rewriting the timetables.
  • Options
    boulay said:

Foxy said:

boulay said:

Foxy said:

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

I know. I stated being a bit of a dandy when I hit 40, part of a mid life crisis I suppose. Women are expected to make an effort, and I think it just shows respect to reciprocate. I do get a lot of positive comments from female patients, but can't remember one from a man!
  • Options

I posted this last week and interesting that someone has said similar to the Sunday Times.

No 10 is widely seen as chaotic and dysfunctional with factions developing around Carrie Johnson, the prime minister’s wife, and Dan Rosenfield, the chief of staff. Two insiders used the same phrase last week: “It’s much worse in there than you think.”

Dominic Cummings, from his latest and free-to-read Substack:-

Also No10 spads have split into hunter-gatherer packs in a war of all-against-all and are briefing against each other, with all the non-Carrie factions terrified of Newman briefing and having them fired. And the newly re-appointed Gazza hates the Carrie-Newman faction and the Rosenfield faction and is trying to get both Rosenfield and Newman fired. (Also remember, Boris-Self-Aware Mode never forgets that Newman was at Gove’s house the night of the Long Knife. Newman is there because Carrie wants him, not because he wants him.)
    https://dominiccummings.substack.com/p/risk-aggression-brexit-and-article
    Makes the (reputed) goings on, and frequent ins & outs (ahem) of the royal closet during the reign of Queen Anne, seem almost sedate by comparison.

By-the-by, when I contemplate the sartorial spedendor that is Boris Johnson, I recall the much-commented upon fashion sense of another (and better, at least on first count) journalist and politico: Michael Foot.

Personally think that the PM's famously dishevelment has been a significant political plus for him, especially with two groups generally allergic to suits (as garments AND persons), namely working class men and young adults.

However, if he's truly on the down slope, then could be that opinion could shift, and turn Boris Johnson's strength into a weakness. Just as Prince Hal stopped laughing when he became King at Falstaff's formerly-funny jokes?
  • Options
    Opinium

I point labour lead

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

Governor of the State of Louisiana is getting ready to pardon Homer Plessy, was convicted in 1892 of violating state law segregating train passengers by race.

Plessy was a man of mixed race and very light-skinned (not uncommon in cosmopolitan New Orleans) who was recruited for a test case versus newly-enacted Louisiana Separate [Railroad] Car Act. His appeal reached the US Supreme Court, resulting in the infamous Plessy v Ferguson "separate but equal" decision that legitimized for the next half century state "Jim Crow" laws discriminating against Blacks in virtually all aspects of life from the cradle to the grave.

After losing his SCOTUS appeal, Plessy plead guilty and was fined $25; he died in 1925.

> Keith Plessy, 64, who is descended from a cousin of Homer Plessy, attended the news conference. Later, he told the pardon board that he remembers meeting civil rights icon Rosa Parks, who refused in 1955 to leave a whites-only seat on a bus in Birmingham, Alabama, and kneeling to honor her.

“She said to me, ‘Get up boy, your name is Plessy — you’ve got work to do,’” . . .

> Keith Plessy and Phoebe Ferguson, the great-great-granddaughter of John Howard Ferguson, the judge who oversaw his case in Orleans Parish Criminal District Court, now lead a nonprofit that advocates for civil rights education.

“We cannot undo the wrongs of the past but we can and should acknowledge them,” Phoebe Ferguson told the pardon board. . . .

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/13/homer-plessy-key-to-separate-but-equal-on-road-to-pardon-521237
    Paradoxically, Plessy's family had to flee St. Domingue, because they were deemed white by the Haitians.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,007
    edited November 2021

Opinium

I point labour lead

Over hyping of the month then, that would still give the Tories most seats on the new boundaries in a hung parliament
  • Options

stodge said:

They've played this game before. Stand by for industrial action when they try to make the cancellations permanent by rewriting the timetables.
    The flash point is or are the pensions. A report has stated the current pension scheme for TfL is unviable and Sadiq Khan (to some people's surprise) is taking a hard line supporting the management and urging the RMT in particular to desist from threatened strike action and get round the table to discuss increased employee contributions.

Another suggestion being floated is to close the current scheme to new employees.

On top of this, the RMT are angry at changes to the rotas to enable the Night Tube to be re-started at the end of the month (in time for Christmas parties etc).

It'll be interesting to see how this goes but I think some form of industrial action is very likely through the winter though the size and scope remains to be seen.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

Over hyping of the month then, that would still give the Tories most seats on the new boundaries in a hung parliament
    Boris and Starmer both on 30% approval
  • Options
    Foxy said:

boulay said:

Foxy said:

boulay said:

Foxy said:

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

I know. I stated being a bit of a dandy when I hit 40, part of a mid life crisis I suppose. Women are expected to make an effort, and I think it just shows respect to reciprocate. I do get a lot of positive comments from female patients, but can't remember one from a man!
    A man has to be really snappily dressed to provoke comments about attire from another man I think, but woe betide failing to look presentable at least.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

Yet another example of pollsters ramping a fairly uninteresting poll. I thought Labour were going to be 6%+ ahead.
  • Options
    Morris Dancer will be pleased to hear I feel asleep watching the sprint race.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

Yet another example of pollsters ramping a fairly uninteresting poll. I thought Labour were going to be 6%+ ahead.
    I do wonder why they ramp up a poll when in truth it is better for HMG than expected
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

Labour 1% ahead would have been interesting relative to their last poll probably, but in the current circumstances its to be expected.

Though its worth noting that they only had a 1% Tory lead last time, so even then its not a very dramatic change.
  • Options

Carnyx said:

People still wear suits?

Have you tried that for a High Court trial yet?

• Options

Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

I do wonder why they ramp up a poll when in truth it is better for HMG than expected
    expected by whom?
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,977
    Hamilton is the GOAT
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

Twitter equivalent of clickbait.
  • Options

Hamilton is the GOAT

He spends all his time butting his rivals?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,953
    However, when we go into more detail, the public are ok with MPs taking paid work as:
    Nurses
    Doctors
    Charity workers
    Farmers
    Authors

They are against MPs taking paid work as:
    Lawyers
    Newspaper columnists
    Accountants
    Consultants
    Bankers
    Lobbyists https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1459614438118637569/photo/1
  • Options
    Farooq said:

Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

expected by whom?
    It seems many thought it would show a substantial lead for labour, not least the way it was hyped by Opinium
  • Options
    Opinium
    Starmer net approval -6%
    Johnson net approval -21%
    https://twitter.com/MSmithsonPB/status/1459614507018432521
  • Options
    Incredible sprint race from Lewis. Two fingers up at the stewards.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,007
    edited November 2021
    Scott_xP said:

However, when we go into more detail, the public are ok with MPs taking paid work as:
    Nurses
    Doctors
    Charity workers
    Farmers
    Authors

Lawyers
    Newspaper columnists
    Accountants
    Consultants
    Bankers
    Lobbyists https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1459614438118637569/photo/1

So basically on average anything where they would earn less than their MPs salary (except doctors), not OK with anything where they would earn more than they do as an MP
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,067
    Scott_xP said:

Nurses
    Doctors
    Charity workers
    Farmers
    Authors

Lawyers
    Newspaper columnists
    Accountants
    Consultants
    Bankers

If you do paid charity work as a second job, can it really be called charity?
  • Options
    After stories have come to light of him working for the British Virgin Islands, 45% think Geoffrey Cox should resign as an MP, 13% think he should not.

Both Conservative and Labour voters think he should resign. https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1459615053704056839/photo/1
  • Options
    BTW, does anyone out there happen to have a spare copy of "Times Guide to House of Commons 2019"?

For sale OR (even better!) donation to fund for Indigent (and Indignant) Psephologists?
  • Options
    Scott_xP said:

After stories have come to light of him working for the British Virgin Islands, 45% think Geoffrey Cox should resign as an MP, 13% think he should not.

Both Conservative and Labour voters think he should resign. https://twitter.com/OpiniumResearch/status/1459615053704056839/photo/1

42% do not know !!!!!
  • Options

Scott_xP said:

Nurses
    Doctors
    Charity workers
    Farmers
    Authors

Lawyers
    Newspaper columnists
    Accountants
    Consultants
    Bankers

If you do paid charity work as a second job, can it really be called charity?
    How about lorry drivers?
  • Options

Farooq said:

Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

Opinium

I point labour lead

expected by whom?
    It seems many thought it would show a substantial lead for labour, not least the way it was hyped by Opinium
    Well, I said it would be a nothing burger. That single emoji tweet looked a lot like I'm-ramping-this-but-not-ramping-it. I'm surprised if many people got sucked in.
  • Options
    Labour are averaging a 2 percentage point lead in the last five or so polls. For the last few days, maybe a little more, the Tories have been playing some sort of game of chicken where the rules are similar to TMay's rules in the 2017 GE. That is: Who can think of the most egregious and unnecessary ways to screw up, annoy voters, support the centre left, look terrible and act like all our snouts are in the trough while putting up taxes and cutting benefits for people in work as well as out of work. Any by now most people think Brexit was a bad idea from the person who runs the country.

Labour are a couple of points ahead in mid term after all that. They should be pretty terrified by now. At this rate they are going to lose.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

Paradoxically, Plessy's family had to flee St. Domingue, because they were deemed white by the Haitians.
    Heard an interview given by Keith Plessy and Phoebe Ferguson, where one of them (forget which but doesn't matter) noted that, while back in 1892 it was Plessy VERSUS Ferguson, in 2021 it's Plessy AND Ferguson.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Go back exactly a year and Labour were tied or just ahead on some polls.

It may be the ComRes is an outlier and the "true" position is a statistical tie or a small Labour lead. This is not a typical Parliament given what's happened so assuming it's "mid term" is unwise.

Again, back to the past and Labour led a couple of polls by four points by January but for most of the year in most polls they've been behind so it's an improvement in their polling position though more accurately a decline in the Conservative numbers.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046
    Is it generally accepted that the decline in case numbers was due to half term?

Shoot me down if you must.
  • Options
    algarkirk said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

The Scots executed Thomas Aikenhead for having defective opinions on the Trinity in 1697, 14 years before the birth of David Hume.

Oh, quite so. But don't forget the Unitarian church in England had to call itself 'Presbyterian' till after the Napoleonic wars were over, for fear of accusations of treason.
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,156

ydoethur said:

Hamilton is the GOAT

He spends all his time butting his rivals?
    capriciously so

• Options
    Foxy said:

Carnyx said:

People still wear suits?

As a general rule, juniors should wear outfits appropriate to the next step on the ladder. Dressing too high is a bit presumptuous, and when you are top dog, you can be a bit more experimental.
    My supervisor wears cargo shorts and Superdry tshirts
  • Options
    I have to say the thing that has been missed in all this, is the effort put in by Alok Sharma, President of COP26 to achieve a deal

Full marks to his determination , negotiating skills, and diplomacy

Watch out Boris, there is a dark horse on the horizon
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,156
    edited November 2021

I have to say the thing that has been missed in all this, is the effort put in by Alok Sharma, President of COP26 to achieve a deal

Sharma before Starmer.

Alphabetically.

• Options
    geoffw said:

Sharma before Starmer.

Alphabetically.

And he wears a suit well !!!!
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970
    OK Dylan.
    Tangled Up in Blue.
    It's Allright Ma
    Shooting Star
    Workingmen's Blues
    Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)
    Every Grain of Sand
    Mr Tambourine Man
    Hard Rain
    Blind Willie McTell
    Don't Think Twice.

Which leaves a lot out tbf.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Scott_xP said:

Nurses
    Doctors
    Charity workers
    Farmers
    Authors

Lawyers
    Newspaper columnists
    Accountants
    Consultants
    Bankers

So basically on average anything where they would earn less than their MPs salary (except doctors), not OK with anything where they would earn more than they do as an MP
    Farmers? Surely the public support MPs taking useful second jobs but are opposed to parasites and rent-seekers. Sorry, lawyers of pb! The interesting difference is between respected authors and unworthy columnists.

The wider concern for Labour might be that they are led by one of those lawyers!
  • Options

"dark horse" - that's a bit racist. 😱

Just kidding, yes he's done well.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

ydoethur said:

Carnyx said:

algarkirk said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

ydoethur said:

kle4 said:

Fuck the stewards.

Heard an interview given by Keith Plessy and Phoebe Ferguson, where one of them (forget which but doesn't matter) noted that, while back in 1892 it was Plessy VERSUS Ferguson, in 2021 it's Plessy AND Ferguson.
    Haitian slavery was fascinating (if hideous), It was probably the most brutal, exploitiative, and profitable form of chattel slavery ever devised. In 1790, St. Domingue produced around 70% of the world's sugar, and 30% of the world's coffee. The plantations generated astonishing profits for their owners.

5/6 of the population were slaves, with the remaining 1/6 made up of Les Blancs, and Les Gens Libres de Colour. The Whites were divided between Les Grand Blancs, the super rich, and Les Petit Blancs, small farmer and traders. The two groups loatheed each other. Les Gens Libre de Colour were in some cases, wealthy slaveowners in their own right. Others sympathised with the slaves.

For the slaves, life was hell on earth. The slave population was naturally decreasing, and required constant importation of slaves to maintain numbers. Life expectancy on arrival at hte colony was about three years. Systematic terror was required to keep the slaves in their place.

Come the revolution, Les Blancs were either killed or driven out, along with many Gens Libre de Colour. Plessy's family were among them. Others, however, like Toussaint L'Ouverture, and Petion were leaders of the revolt.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Foxy said:

boulay said:

Foxy said:

boulay said:

Foxy said:

Omnium said:

boulay said:

DavidL said:

Scott_xP said:

Can relate.

From my eye surgeon friend, I got the strong impression the hospital consultant's morning (or other) suit is like the robes of a priest of Asklepios, or a shaman's mask and frilly bits - all part of the ritual with powerful placebo effect, and not to be disrespected on that account, quite the reverse.
  • Options
    COP26 is an example of a bad deal being better than no deal. India and China are going to ruin their countries and all of ours too.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    MOE movement by Opinium is category A poll ramping offence. 5 years, no time off.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,970
    edited November 2021
    dixiedean said:

OK Dylan.
    Tangled Up in Blue.
    It's Allright Ma
    Shooting Star
    Workingmen's Blues
    Senor (Tales of Yankee Power)
    Every Grain of Sand
    Mr Tambourine Man
    Hard Rain
    Blind Willie McTell
    Don't Think Twice.

Which leaves a lot out tbf.

Including Shelter from the Storm. Which may be my second favourite now I come to think of it. And Like a Rolling Stone too. And Visions of Johanna. And Mississippi. And Not Dark Yet, etc,etc
    And All Along the Watchtower..
This discussion has been closed.