Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The big unknown – the large number of polling respondents s

Comments

• Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,961
  • Options
    DadgeDadge Posts: 2,038
    Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Nate Silver- he is exactly what I imagined him. I don't think the real him could have been a more perfect fit to what I had in my head.

Has he predicted that it'll be very close, but he expects the Conservatives to have a seat lead ?
    I think he said Con 283 Lab 270

• Options

Congratulations Bournemouth. Eddie Howe 33-1 to be England manager in future.

There are certainly worse bets around ..... especially when one takes into account the fact that the F.A. as always will be fishing in a small pool.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

I see Andrew Marr had to apologise on his show yesterday for misquoting Cameron on his love of fox hunting. Tories getting edgy over DC looking out of touch with Joe Public for wanting to repeal the Hunting Act?...particularly as most hunts are ignoring the law and hunting live quarry regardless.

I'm sure the Tories do get edgy about him looking out of touch - it is a longstanding concern that he looks to be so - but what that has to do with Cameron getting riled about a misquote and Marr subsequently acknowledging it was a misquote, I don't know.
    I've tried to find out the views of the three or four Tory candidates in and around here about repealing the Hunting act and I can't get an answer from any of them...that includes one who's kids are in the same class as my own children
    There aren't "three or four Tory candidates in and around here" anywhere; one per constituency is the rule. Furthermore, school classes are generally one class to one year: the odds on you and the tory candidate both having either twins or children born within a year of each other so that you each have more than one child in any given class are very, very long. You seem to be a troll.
    Get you facts right Ishmael...I have twins in the same class as the Tory candidate for North Dorset. I have asked the Tories standing in North Dorset. Mid Dorset / Poole North, West Dorset and Poole...OK?
    OK.

You still seem to be a troll, though. You are not a potential constituent of at least three of those four candidates.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,901

UK Election Game

The game is now out, entries close 7pm next Wed:

http://www.electiongame.co.uk/uk15/

Predict overall result, new govt (optional), individual seats.

Also available with same closing deadline is Poland Presidential:

http://www.electiongame.co.uk/poland15/

Many thanks,

DC

Every time I try to map out how I think the seats will go, I run into the same problem - I keep overshooting 650. Clearly I am overestimating someone by some considerable distance. Given I have been so insistent that Labour will do well that seems the more likely area I am overestimating, but I just cannot see them winning fewer than the Tories, so end up putting the Tories a bit lower than I think I should.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,883
    The Guardian poll projection LAB + SNP 324

EICIPM
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Dadge said:

Pulpstar said:

tyson said:

Nate Silver- he is exactly what I imagined him. I don't think the real him could have been a more perfect fit to what I had in my head.

Has he predicted that it'll be very close, but he expects the Conservatives to have a seat lead ?
    I think he said Con 283 Lab 270

It was a complete waste of half hour. Nothing we did not know. Basically, re-iterated Hanretty's forecast.
  • Options
    JohnLilburneJohnLilburne Posts: 6,016
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Women can't make up their mind.

There's only so many hours in the day....

(c) PatronizingBetterTogetherWoman
    which is an apposite time to re-post FPT (from phantom thread):

Back to the SNP:

Eddie Mair - you go girlfriend.

What was he on? He usually irritates me with his borderline smug git mode.

Had Nicola just p*****d on his ch**s?
    I don't understand the context. I looked at his twitter and didn't see this comment.
    On PM this afternoon
    Car Crash for Eddie Mair. He sounds desperate to pick holes that don't exist. Although given his background in SLAB that's not surprising.
    were the points he made inaccurate?
    He spent a long time going on about the SNP's record on the Scottish NHS (and Nicola's as Health Secretary). Which I thought was strange as the Scottish NHS isn't really an issue in this election as the UK Government and Parliament have no authority over it, and it is surely for the Scottish people to judge at the next Holyrood election.

... I then got home from work so not sure how the discussion continued.
    It was her record they were discussing weren't they? She is about to be thrust upon rUK and I think it is entirely reasonable that we should learn a little more about her.

And even if it was irrelevant, was it inaccurate?
    Not sure. He was picking spot statistics and she was countering with others and claiming the direction of travel was good, ie they found it in a mess and improved it.

It was a new and (for me) welcome face of Eddie. Dair thinks it is part of some SLAB conspiracy.

I thought it was good journalism - proceeding from Paxo's "why is this lying b*****d lying to me" premise to unnerve the interviewee such that they stop lying.

Amidst the Sturgasm, I thought it was most called for. And as I say, not inaccurate.
    Still not strictly relevant. I'd rather he had gone in with both feet on English devolution.

• Options
    EICIPMEICIPM Posts: 55

Nate’s final numbers: Cons 283, Labour 270, UKIP 1!! #Panorama

EICIPM

#boom

EICIPM

#buzzin'
  • Options
    RAINBOW or Grand coalition only viable outcomes

http://electionforecast.co.uk/
  • Options
    Flightpath1Flightpath1 Posts: 207

Dair said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

I'm sure the Tories do get edgy about him looking out of touch - it is a longstanding concern that he looks to be so - but what that has to do with Cameron getting riled about a misquote and Marr subsequently acknowledging it was a misquote, I don't know.
    I've tried to find out the views of the three or four Tory candidates in and around here about repealing the Hunting act and I can't get an answer from any of them...that includes one who's kids are in the same class as my own children
    How about trying to get a life?
    Believe me...if you lived in rural Dorset you would know that Hunting is as big an issue here as the economy!
    In the heart of former foxhunting territory here in Leics I have heard no one mention it. Mind you they may not want to tell me. I am a fox after all!
    Otis Ferry and his Vote OK organisation have been helping out Tory candidates around the country including Angie Bray in Ealing Central and Ben Howlett in Bath.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/foxhunting-lobbyists-fronted-by-otis-ferry-target-backing-of-tory-candidates-in-stealth-campaign-10102041.html

Yes to desecrating memorials to our war dead.

What, and when?
    I think Dair is getting confused with Charlie Gilmour's antics on the Cenotaph.
    You're right, my mistake. Apologies to Otis Ferry for accusations of Cenotaph desecration. Seems he was far keener on robbery for which he served a prison sentence "much easier than private school" he says.
    Except he only spent time in prison on remand.

The Crown accepted Ferry's pleas of not guilty to robbery and common assault charges. He admitted a public order offence and was given a one-year conditional discharge for causing "fear, stress and upset" to a hunt monitor.
    So Ferry did not deface a war memorial. I'm sure Mr Smithson is relieved. But he also did not commit robbery nor served time in jail. He was a victim of inept policing and a shabby prosecution for a bogus offence and must have deliberately been refused bail. There was also the bogus charge of perverting the course of justice which was dropped as well.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,389

EICIPM

Lab + SNP = dead parrot.

Get over it.
  • Options
    EICIPM said:

EICIPM

#boom

EICIPM

#buzzin'
    Boo I want that username.

#itsmine
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

I see Andrew Marr had to apologise on his show yesterday for misquoting Cameron on his love of fox hunting. Tories getting edgy over DC looking out of touch with Joe Public for wanting to repeal the Hunting Act?...particularly as most hunts are ignoring the law and hunting live quarry regardless.

There aren't "three or four Tory candidates in and around here" anywhere; one per constituency is the rule. Furthermore, school classes are generally one class to one year: the odds on you and the tory candidate both having either twins or children born within a year of each other so that you each have more than one child in any given class are very, very long. You seem to be a troll.
    Get you facts right Ishmael...I have twins in the same class as the Tory candidate for North Dorset. I have asked the Tories standing in North Dorset. Mid Dorset / Poole North, West Dorset and Poole...OK?
    OK.

You still seem to be a troll, though. You are not a potential constituent of at least three of those four candidates.
    Haha...you're crazy...I live in North Dorset...the others are neighbouring constituencies...as I said!
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    Dair said:

isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Believe me...if you lived in rural Dorset you would know that Hunting is as big an issue here as the economy!
    In the heart of former foxhunting territory here in Leics I have heard no one mention it. Mind you they may not want to tell me. I am a fox after all!
    Otis Ferry and his Vote OK organisation have been helping out Tory candidates around the country including Angie Bray in Ealing Central and Ben Howlett in Bath.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/foxhunting-lobbyists-fronted-by-otis-ferry-target-backing-of-tory-candidates-in-stealth-campaign-10102041.html
    Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Are you referring to Charlie Gilmour rather than Otis Ferry?
    My favourite song by a Scottish artist is "Letter From America" by Simple Minds
    You mean by The Proclaimers.

Should watch Sunshine on Leith - fantastic film. Utterly brilliant.
    The Scots punch above their weight in many different realms. Intelligent, pugnacious, cynical, creative, analytical,humorous- a great gene combination. Saxons and Celts.
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

Man is a genius, should be 3/1
    "We're up unless we concede 20 goals but we've got to be professional at Charlton and see the season out."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/32481687
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

I don't understand the context. I looked at his twitter and didn't see this comment.
    On PM this afternoon
    Car Crash for Eddie Mair. He sounds desperate to pick holes that don't exist. Although given his background in SLAB that's not surprising.
    He spent a long time going on about the SNP's record on the Scottish NHS (and Nicola's as Health Secretary). Which I thought was strange as the Scottish NHS isn't really an issue in this election as the UK Government and Parliament have no authority over it, and it is surely for the Scottish people to judge at the next Holyrood election.

His problem was he was trying to create a narrative that the Scottish Health Service was horrifically worse under Nicola Sturgeon than the NHS in England was in the same period. But then he couldn't be consistent. If he could have said X was worse in 2007 and X was worse in 2008 and X was worse in 2009 and X was worse in 2010 and X was worse in 2011 he might have had a narrative.

As it was he had to go X was worse in 2007, H was worse in 2008, J was worse in 2008, B was worse in 2009, Q was worse in 20010.

It didn't hold together and let Nicola dismiss him and made him look stupid.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

It was her record they were discussing weren't they? She is about to be thrust upon rUK and I think it is entirely reasonable that we should learn a little more about her.

Not sure. He was picking spot statistics and she was countering with others and claiming the direction of travel was good, ie they found it in a mess and improved it.

It was a new and (for me) welcome face of Eddie. Dair thinks it is part of some SLAB conspiracy.

I thought it was good journalism - proceeding from Paxo's "why is this lying b*****d lying to me" premise to unnerve the interviewee such that they stop lying.

Amidst the Sturgasm, I thought it was most called for. And as I say, not inaccurate.
    Still not strictly relevant. I'd rather he had gone in with both feet on English devolution.

I think he used Ed's PMQs tactic of all the news being about, say, housing and him asking about stamp duty relief for hedge funds.

Nicola is prepared up to the hilt on Scots/English/younameit devolution. She could be impressive in her sleep on it. Hence the good idea, IMO, to unnerve her to get some "true Nicola" from an otherwise routing PR exercise for her.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,232

isam said:

Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Proclaimers.

Or perhaps that is your point.
    Oh well they're all Scottish I'll just lump them in together ;)

"Stay until your love is, love is... a letter from America!!!"

and my favourite song by a black man is "Sexual Healing" by Bob Marley
    Think you mean Marvin Gaye?
    Luther Vanblissett surely?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    EICIPM said:

EICIPM

#boom

EICIPM

#buzzin'
    Where is EMWNBPM?
  • Options

Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

OK.

Haha...you're crazy...I live in North Dorset...the others are neighbouring constituencies...as I said!
    Would your man being in favour of foxhunting or against it swing your vote?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @BBCNewsnight: Newsnight/ComRes polling data suggests over half are concerned with the idea of UKIP or SNP supporting a government: http://t.co/VRMd0aIkuj
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,350

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

Have you missed the fact that the SNP seem to have strong opinions and intend to vote on how the English run their Health Service?
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

If her party's MPs are going to be voting on the English NHS then it is not irrelevant. If they are by any mischance going to be setting English NHS policy it is very relevant.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,990
    Actually, they only need to win 9-0 if Boro beat Brighton 10-0.
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32486544

It is clear the LD's want the education portfolio with the Tories (which has been promised to them I guess), but provides them with wiggle room with Labour rather than simply who'll get more votes.

The backroom shennanigans have already started.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

Have you missed the fact that the SNP seem to have strong opinions and intend to vote on how the English run their Health Service?
    Because it impacts on resources to Scotlands NHS
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Posts: 103

Good chance he gets sacked before Christmas with the club on a seemingly inevitable path back down from where they came. From there it becomes very difficult to get a job with a top club. Essentially he'll go back to square one trying to prove yourself in the lower leagues.

I hope I'm wrong though. Bournemouth play some of the best football in England right now. Good tempo, crisp accurate passing and excellent vision from all of them.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited April 2015
    The 13/8 on a coin flip still available;

http://www.oddschecker.com/novelty/royal-baby-ii/gender-of-baby
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

If her party's MPs are going to be voting on the English NHS then it is not irrelevant. If they are by any mischance going to be setting English NHS policy it is very relevant.
    well exactly.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon
    Can you please elaborate on "his background in SLAB".
    As I understand it he was a Labour Student at Uni.
    thanks
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,290

EICIPM

Are those numbers already out of date?

Hanretty website currently shows 286/267

Newsnight Index tonight has Con down 5 at 281.

Is the Newsnight Index done 24 hours in arrears? Seems inexplicable that Con could be down 5 today given it has been a very good polling day for them.
  • Options

Dair said:
    I need to see the Kelpies soon. I've no objection to man imposing his vision on the landscape on occasion. But not carpeting beautiful countryside with useless white elephants that damage the natural habitats they're placed in.

I wonder if you'll like them so much when the subsidies stop and they become turbine elephant graveyards as in Hawaii and California: http://www.friendsofgranderondevalley.com/Komoa wind 6-7-11 706 480x.JPG
    Given metal prices it would seem very strange that they have not been scrapped. Smacks of a political point to me. Thousands of dollars of valuable metal left to sit there rusting. Definitely political.
  • Options
    TND not tweeted interesting poll yet.

Probably another EICIPM?
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Pong said:
    It's not a coin-flip if someone's seen a scan.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,961

isam said:

Ishmael_X said:

isam said:

Charles said:

Dair said:

felix said:

kle4 said:

Hmm, Otis Ferry.

Yes to Fox Hunting.

Nice.
    Proclaimers.

Or perhaps that is your point.
    Oh well they're all Scottish I'll just lump them in together ;)

"Stay until your love is, love is... a letter from America!!!"

and my favourite song by a black man is "Sexual Healing" by Bob Marley
    Think you mean Marvin Gaye?
    Luther Vanblissett surely?
    Ferry/Gilmour
    Proclaimers/Simple Minds
    Gaye/Marley

all much of a muchness
  • Options
    tyson said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32486544

It is clear the LD's want the education portfolio with the Tories (which has been promised to them I guess), but provides them with wiggle room with Labour rather than simply who'll get more votes.

The backroom shennanigans have already started.

Well, better to have some of it beforehand than none of it I guess.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

TOPPING said:

Dair said:

Pulpstar said:

ITT:

Back to the SNP:

On PM this afternoon

Just like SLab, the party you *might* be voting for? Though SLab's voting intentions in Westminster seem to be approaching peak irrelevance.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

EICIPM

Is the Newsnight Index done 24 hours in arrears? Seems inexplicable that Con could be down 5 today given it has been a very good polling day for them.
    Did you see Mel Gibson in Conspiracy Theory ?
  • Options
    MikeL said:

EICIPM

That index bears no relevance to the day's polling. Don't ask me why because i don't know why.

• Options
    Shouldn't we have had YouGov by now? Or is it at midnight?
  • Options
    Newsnight Index EICIPM (not the PB poster)
  • Options

TND not tweeted interesting poll yet.

Probably another EICIPM?

How could it not be? The type of swing it would take to get that outcome from YouGov seems very unlikely.
  • Options
    I think there's a Survation poll for the Record with the Nats on 51%

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CDoK8NGXIAQefU1.jpg
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    RobD said:

10.30pm...It has been 10.30pm on the dot for weeks now.
  • Options

EICIPM

EIFIPM
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

OK.

To be honest I have always voted Lib Dem but after the coalition I felt the Lib Dems had become irrelevant so I probably wouldn't have voted at all...happy enough for the Tories to carry on At that moment when Cameron confirmed that he would repeal the Hunting Act, it became so clear to me just how out of touch he was. That decision had nothing to do with policy or what's right or even with what's popular- he was all about doing a favour for his mates!
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Whoever made that decision to change methodology at Yougov is either a genius or unemployed on May 8th.
  • Options
    nigel4englandnigel4england Posts: 4,800
    edited April 2015
    trublue said:

Good chance he gets sacked before Christmas with the club on a seemingly inevitable path back down from where they came. From there it becomes very difficult to get a job with a top club. Essentially he'll go back to square one trying to prove yourself in the lower leagues.

I hope I'm wrong though. Bournemouth play some of the best football in England right now. Good tempo, crisp accurate passing and excellent vision from all of them.
    Burnley haven't sacked Dyche, Pearson is still at Leicester.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,877
    Specially for @Roger ... though I do realise he lives in Soho not Broughton Street [in Edinburgh].

I cannot recall if this has been featured here (I have been reading too many websites) but this admittedly voodoo poll is nonetheless surprising (and may not please Mr Coburn MEP).

Demotic Scots censored in case net nannies go Trainspotting ...

"Labour has been totally screwed, nailed to the wall, whammed, bammed and no thank you jam. The poll discovered that 62% of horny gay guys in Edinburgh plan to vote SNP. Proof, as if any proof was needed, that voting SNP means you get sexy, and that the SNP has got the gay vote pretty much in a glamorous clutch bag. [...] Most guys who use Grindr claim to have unfeasibly large w*****s, because profiles on Grindr are about as accurate as Labour party manifesto promises and likewise invariably end in disappointment.

The guy who carried out the poll did a similar poll just before the independence referendum, and got a result which was pretty much spot on in terms of the actual vote. Which only goes to show that horny gay guys are more representative of the population at large than UKIP would care to admit.

The proper poll, carried out for TNS, [...] would mean that Wee W***** Bain would be Secretary of State for Scotland in a Miliband government because he’d be the only Labour MP left."

https://weegingerdug.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/the-hope-of-the-wow/ (a bit NSFW)

Also

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alanwhite/good-afternoon-horny#.mjWw3Vqpd

which is even more NSFW.
  • Options

RobD said:

Thanks, the time zone difference doesn't help, but I thought it was at the top of the hour. My mistake!
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,961
    Pong said:
    What are the correct odds for hair colour though ?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

YG and Populus have Lab at 30 or so in their UK polls.

• Options
    That would be the SNP up 4% since the last Survation poll in Mid March
  • Options

4 pts up on the last one; definitely seems to be a further SNP swing.

• Options
    notmenotme Posts: 3,293
    Is the record, like its sister Mirror paper, normally a strong labour rag?
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850

trublue said:

Burnley haven't sacked Dyche, Pearson is still at Leicester.
    He won't get the boot, whatever happens. It's not as if they have any expectations. As with Burnley, they'll keep a steady ship.
  • Options
    @suttonnick: Tuesday's Independent front page:
    Fear of SNP alliance dents Labour support
    #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers http://t.co/wDZQEp1jdv
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

OK.

To be honest I have always voted Lib Dem but after the coalition I felt the Lib Dems had become irrelevant so I probably wouldn't have voted at all...happy enough for the Tories to carry on At that moment when Cameron confirmed that he would repeal the Hunting Act, it became so clear to me just how out of touch he was. That decision had nothing to do with policy or what's right or even with what's popular- he was all about doing a favour for his mates!
    So you believe Cameron was doing something not "right". Fair enough. Why the hoo-ha about what your local PPCs think about it?
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Thanks, the time zone difference doesn't help, but I thought it was at the top of the hour. My mistake!
    NP....I struggle with remembering time and I don't have the time zone excuse :-)
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,204
    Ugh. Cameron's attack of fake passion; how many times did he practice that?
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited April 2015

Pong said:
    If you want 8/13 on a girl, I'll happily oblige.

Void if intersex
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Ishmael_X said:

Ishmael_X said:

kle4 said:

OK.

It was in the 2010 manifesto. The policy is a vote in government time. I doubt it would be whipped.
    Your logic about being a LD supporter but turning against them for joining a tory coalition but happy to see the tories carry on does not tie up. Try again.
  • Options

That must mean 59 - 0. Coalition loses 12.
  • Options
    edited April 2015

I think you have to lose the Ed is crap stuff. He clearly is not crap- he has developed an inner self assurance that is really quite remarkable, whether you like it or not. I still don't know if the IPM is right, but I think you have to start saying EI N(ot) Crap first.

Whatever you have to say- producing two children like Dave and Ed- nothing compares to the Milibands in modern political Britain. Credit to their parents really.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039

Pong said:
    Schrodinger's Baby
  • Options
    ComRes ‏@ComResPolls 3m3 minutes ago
    New @IncisiveHealth poll has Miliband overtaking Cameron as most trusted leader on #NHS for 1st time since June 2014
  • Options
    And in tomorrow's Mail....Ed is Stalin...

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/592799960388730880
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

Nick Sutton ✔ @suttonnick

Tuesday's Times front page -
    Cameron: ten days to save the Union
    #tomorrowspaperstoday #bbcpapers

Tuesday's Independent front page:
    Fear of SNP alliance dents Labour support

Tuesday's Daily Mail front page:
    Miliband the land-grabber

• Options
    Mark McDonald ‏@markmcdsnp 2h2 hours ago
    Labour candidate in Glasgow NW, John Robertson, has apparently told a hustings tonight that polls are being fiddled to favour the SNP. Wow.
    110 retweets 45 favorites
    Reply Retweet110 Favorite45
    More
    Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft 23s24 seconds ago
    . @markmcdsnp on behalf of all the pollsters...bollocks...
  • Options
    Survation Scotland Poll

SNP 51 (+4) Lab 26 (nc) Con 14% (-2) LD 5% (+1)

• Options
    tyson said:

I think you have to lose the Ed is crap stuff. He clearly is not crap- he has developed an inner self assurance that is really quite remarkable, whether you like it or not. I still don't know if the IPM is right, but I think you have to start saying EI N(ot) Crap first.

Whatever you have to say- producing two children like Dave and Ed- nothing compares to the Milibands in modern political Britain. Credit to their parents really.
    Lets give him a year in the top job - and then see how many people think he is crap.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

That must mean 59 - 0. Coalition loses 12.
    58-1 I reckon. We'd need to conduct a seperate poll of Orkney and Shetland to see the story there.

• Options

ComRes ‏@ComResPolls 3m3 minutes ago
    New @IncisiveHealth poll has Miliband overtaking Cameron as most trusted leader on #NHS for 1st time since June 2014

He was behind???? Titter
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,877
    notme said:

Exceedingly.

• Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

That would be the SNP up 4% since the last Survation poll in Mid March

Two points.

To be honest I've run out of smug about my betting position.

Ludicrously these last two polls suggests there might still be value in the Scottish constituency markets.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288

Balls is Beria...

Tomorrow is EdBallsDay...
  • Options

Survation Scotland Poll

SNP 51 (+4) Lab 26 (nc) Con 14% (-2) LD 5% (+1)

Disaster for the one Scottish Tory!
  • Options
    That @Survation Scotland poll would see the following seat allocations

SNP 55 (+49) Lab 3 (-38) LD 1 (-10) Con 0 (-1)
  • Options

tyson said:

Lets give him a year in the top job - and then see how many people think he is crap.
    The problem, if he is indeed crap, is if he can make it to one year, he can probably make it to five.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    notme said:

The Daily Rangers is an exceptionally strong Labour paper.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Have SLAB hit their floor in the mid20s? At least they don't need to worry about finishing below the Tories in Scotland I guess. Small mercies for them.
  • Options
    acf2310acf2310 Posts: 141
    Not in votes. But they need to worry about finishing 3rd or 4th in seats...
    kle4 said:

Have SLAB hit their floor in the mid20s? At least they don't need to worry about finishing below the Tories in Scotland I guess. Small mercies for them.

• Options

Labour ain't getting 3 on that result.
  • Options

Pandas, stand down.
  • Options
    TSE ‏@TSEofPB 36s37 seconds ago

SNP nailed on to decide GE 2015
  • Options
    Mhairi Black getting featured on main BBC news at 10.
  • Options

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/592799960388730880

Looks pretty socialist to me.
  • Options
    Is the Daily Labourgov out :D ?
  • Options
    Dair said:

Is she the one who's going to beat Murphy?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

3 mins.......
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

2 MINS
  • Options
    Given total wipeout likely for all the main parties in Scotland, I wonder how wedded to the union they will be.

Tories will fight to the end against independence but is it possible Labour (with nothing left to lose) will soften their stance.
  • Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    1 Min
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

2 MINS
    Oh the tension. I'm calling it as Lab+1.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Dair said:

Is she the one who's going to beat Murphy?
    Wee Dougie
This discussion has been closed.