Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Meet the parents – politicalbetting.com

124»

Comments

• Options
    LeonLeon Posts: 47,237
    Eabhal said:

Leon said:

I won’t miss the insect life of Colombia, I’ll say that

it is… fervent

Your regular reminder that flying insects in Britain have declined by 64% in the last 18 years.
    Yes, indeed, very true

I have bemoaned and bewailed the lack of insect life around the world these last years, so it is a good thing that Colombia still seems like a healthy ecosystem

Fuck me everything bites, tho

• Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,305
    Eabhal said:

Leon said:

it is… fervent

Your regular reminder that flying insects in Britain have declined by 64% in the last 18 years.
    Shit. What's the reason for that?
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,047
    On the other hand there are rumours of multipe Russian jets taking off to bomb Ukraine. 14 TU 95s.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,572
    edited March 24

Eabhal said:

Leon said:

it is… fervent

Mainly pesticides I think.

Or English Tourists have become poisonous to midges.

But I have heard nothing of a decline in midges.

Given that there was an increase of around 4-5m dogs (ie 50%) during COVID, there is probably an increased population of dog-ticks.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,572
    How do I change my Avatar?

I'm hoping for a better year this year, so it's time for Little Miss Sunshine.
  • Options
    EabhalEabhal Posts: 5,906
    MattW said:

Eabhal said:

Leon said:

it is… fervent

Mainly pesticides I think.

Or English Tourists have become poisonous to midges.

But I have heard nothing of a decline in midges.

Given that there was an increase of around 4-5m dogs (ie 50%) during COVID, there is probably an increased population of dog-ticks.
    That's a bonkers stat too! My experience of COVID dogs is not good. At all. If you can't climb a Munro with a Labrador due to stimulation, something is terribly wrong
  • Options
    Max has just given me lung cancer!

Jubilation.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    So who’s up watching what’s already the best F1 race of the year?
  • Options
    edited March 24
    This is great. You immediately spot if someone is a bit slow. Hamilton passed and there was a audible groan, even though it wasn't showing up in the numbers yet.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,898
    Eabhal said:

This is great. You immediately spot if someone is a bit slow. Hamilton passed and there was a audible groan, even though it wasn't showing up in the numbers yet.

First race you’ve been to?
  • Options
    DecrepiterJohnLDecrepiterJohnL Posts: 24,408
    New thread.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,031
    Leon said:

WillG said:

Leon said:

Video almost certainly NSFW:

"Russian police have cut the ear off a suspect and made him eat it, on camera and posted it online."

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianConflict/comments/1blxw8l/russian_police_have_cut_the_ear_off_a_suspect_and/

You’ve just spent a day complaining that I am a sick weirdo for watching terrible videos when they are on the news, so 1. How did you find that if you always strenuously avoid these things and 2. Why the fuck would you link to it given you are supposed to abhor them as some kind of perversity?
    Regardless, it shows how the Russians are a backwards, uncivilized people. The West are indisputably the good guys in this contest, and those that seek to sell out the West to prop up Putin and his orcs are losers.
    “I think people who watch videos of men having sex with fruit are depraved perverts who spend their days wanking over papayas being molested they make me puke anyway today I was on a special website for men who love sex with fruit and I found this video of someone putting a yellow dragon fruit up his bottom and obviously I haven’t watched it because these things are hideous and I bet it’s disgusting but here’s a link to it if anyone else wants to watch it but honestly don’t it’s disgusting or so I imagine

Yours sincerely @JosiasJessop (aged 12 and a half)
    If you notice, I said 'almost certainly NSFW'.
    Why?

Because I hadn't watched the video. But it was being reported in many places, and it is such a big claim the link was probably required for a little veracity. I also gave a warning.

I didn't watch it myself, Now, perhaps I should not have posted the link. Perhaps.

for the rest of your comment: you're sick. You have a sick mind. You think you are funny, but you are just a pathetic little man.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,031
    Leon said:

Video almost certainly NSFW:

"Russian police have cut the ear off a suspect and made him eat it, on camera and posted it online."

https://www.reddit.com/r/UkrainianConflict/comments/1blxw8l/russian_police_have_cut_the_ear_off_a_suspect_and/

You’ve just spent a day complaining that I am a sick weirdo for watching terrible videos when they are on the news, so 1. How did you find that if you always strenuously avoid these things and 2. Why the fuck would you link to it given you are supposed to abhor them as some kind of perversity?
    I did not spend a day complaining about it; it was a few comments on why you may want to watch so many terrible videos.

I was readding Twitter, were I follow the war, and reddit. It was reported on these and on another site. I read the report about it, but did not watch the video myself, and warned people it may not be SFW.

This is part of the problem: how do you read about the war whilst trying to avoid the worst and unnecessary excesses of that war? In this case, I read the report and, because it is such a spectacular claim, I provided a link. Perhaps I should not have done (at risk of people not believing the report).

But at least I don't luxuriate in nasty videos, as you do.