Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

This is appalling from Fox News – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited November 2022 in General
This is appalling from Fox News – politicalbetting.com

these people are monsters pic.twitter.com/ydUJlev9rA

Read the full story here

Comments

• Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    edited October 2022
    Crazy stuff. Fox News is one step down from a sewage farm, because a sewage farm has a useful purpose.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,038
    Tic, toc towards very serious political violence in 2024/5 sadly. Egged on by these w*nkers.

• No wonder Farage is a fan.
  • Fox News being ghastly wankers is in water is wet category.
  • You may be interested to know, that in last few months FOX has been using one of it's broadcast bands (generally hired out to re-run, old movie, home shopping & ethnic TV channels) to make some of its cable content available for free.

Including IIRC scumbag "journalist" pictured above, part of the scumbag Murdocks's global scumbag media empire.

Aimed at reaching fellow scumbags AND converting otherwise decent folk into scumbags of the future.
  • JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    The right need to sort their shit out, decent right wingers (and there are many) need to say enough is enough.
  • Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    If that man on Fox News went home and found his wife/partner attacked by a loony with a hammer, would he be back on Fox News calling for an early release?

Who the hell funds these lunatics?
  • Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    LIZ Truss’s personal phone was hacked by agents suspected of working for Russian President Vladimir Putin. They gained access to top-secret details of negotiations with key international allies – as well as private messages she exchanged with her close friend Kwasi Kwarteng, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The hack was discovered during the summer Tory leadership campaign, when Ms Truss was Foreign Secretary, but the details were suppressed by the then Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the Cabinet Secretary Simon Case.

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/news/politics/232629/truss-phone-hacked-by-putin-spies-for-top-secret-information
  • TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited October 2022
    Are high schools in the US still required to teach Juniors (say) a year of American history?

Perhaps immigrants should also be so required.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,770

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Matt le Tissier going off piste about the vaccine here

Who will be the first from the msm to accept responsibility for their part and give the many vaccine injured a platform?

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1585968248503545858?s=20&t=gqceeISOopl2FZ5EV93m7w

Why do the trolls always end up on COVID conspiracy theories? Vaccines are dangerous, masks are bad, it came from a lab leak… on and on.
    Because people like you associate two ludicrous claims (vaccines are dangerous and masks are bad) with a plausible theory (lab leak).

I still can’t work out the psychology of this. Lab Leak is, circumstantially, very highly plausible. And the evidence grows over time, rather than the opposite

Yet apparently sane people are desperate to deny it. To the extent of vapid lunacy

Why? Because blaming the Chinese labs is racist? It’s not like “OMG they eat bats” is LESS racist

I can understand why some scientists might fear the hypothesis. For the rest it must be a simple fear of anything Trump claimed turning out to be true?

I am open to other suggestions

The lab leak is circumstantially very highly plausible.

But the evidence for it is exactly the same as it's always been: that the outbreak started very close to a place where bat viruses were being studied. There's no new evidence, and unless a lab worker came out and said something (which is unlikely given China's government), then the situation is likely to remain the same in perpetuity.
    The other piece of evidence (what would it be called? It’s not really circumstantial) is that they’ve failed to prove the animal transmission chain. They have absolutely been looking and testing and trying… once you exclude the alternatives whatever remains, no matter how improbable, is the truth…
    That's an excellent point: but it is worth remembering that they've never found the animal host for Ebola or HIV/AIDS, and it took several years to get it for MERS.

It's also worth noting that finding the host does not mean it wasn't a lab leak.
  • Wow. Who is that character? I thought the Tucker Jenkins bloke was the worst they had to offer.
  • Ishmael_Z said:

LIZ Truss’s personal phone was hacked by agents suspected of working for Russian President Vladimir Putin. They gained access to top-secret details of negotiations with key international allies – as well as private messages she exchanged with her close friend Kwasi Kwarteng, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.

The hack was discovered during the summer Tory leadership campaign, when Ms Truss was Foreign Secretary, but the details were suppressed by the then Prime Minister Boris Johnson and the Cabinet Secretary Simon Case.

https://www.mailplus.co.uk/edition/news/politics/232629/truss-phone-hacked-by-putin-spies-for-top-secret-information

not sure security sensitive roles like FS ,DS and PM should have personal phones at all
  • malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,673
    Ishmael_Z said:

Pals of Boris no doubt.
  • Hurrah. OGH is back.

Great news - the long TSE interregnum is over - REJOICE!

However . . . is Prince Albert still in the can?
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,056

Hurrah. OGH is back.

So no new Prime Minister this week?
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 4,530
    edited October 2022
    We may have our problems in the UK but sadly the USA is in a desperate state. The hatred and division is appalling there .

Trump has unleashed a horrible genie and I’m not sure we can ever get it back into the bottle .

• dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835

Ishmael_Z said:

not sure security sensitive roles like FS ,DS and PM should have personal phones at all
    What does "personal" mean here?
    Not sure details of top secret negotiations should be on a personal phone.

Ishmael_Z said:

Certainly they should not be using personal phones or emails for confidential discussions. Indeed one wonders why they did...
  • DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

Ishmael_Z said:

I don't see a problem with that, but they shouldn't have work anywhere near it.
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

Who will be the first from the msm to accept responsibility for their part and give the many vaccine injured a platform?

https://twitter.com/mattletiss7/status/1585968248503545858?s=20&t=gqceeISOopl2FZ5EV93m7w

Why do the trolls always end up on COVID conspiracy theories? Vaccines are dangerous, masks are bad, it came from a lab leak… on and on.
    Because people like you associate two ludicrous claims (vaccines are dangerous and masks are bad) with a plausible theory (lab leak).

I still can’t work out the psychology of this. Lab Leak is, circumstantially, very highly plausible. And the evidence grows over time, rather than the opposite

Yet apparently sane people are desperate to deny it. To the extent of vapid lunacy

Why? Because blaming the Chinese labs is racist? It’s not like “OMG they eat bats” is LESS racist

I can understand why some scientists might fear the hypothesis. For the rest it must be a simple fear of anything Trump claimed turning out to be true?

But the evidence for it is exactly the same as it's always been: that the outbreak started very close to a place where bat viruses were being studied. There's no new evidence, and unless a lab worker came out and said something (which is unlikely given China's government), then the situation is likely to remain the same in perpetuity.
    The other piece of evidence (what would it be called? It’s not really circumstantial) is that they’ve failed to prove the animal transmission chain. They have absolutely been looking and testing and trying… once you exclude the alternatives whatever remains, no matter how improbable, is the truth…
    That's an excellent point: but it is worth remembering that they've never found the animal host for Ebola or HIV/AIDS, and it took several years to get it for MERS.

It's also worth noting that finding the host does not mean it wasn't a lab leak.
    I think it unlikely that we will ever know the source.
  • Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…
  • williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 47,787
    Something about the way the Pelosi story is being reported doesn't add up.
  • londonpubmanlondonpubman Posts: 3,152

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…
    Is Liz coming back? 😈
  • I think we can be fairly sure that if this has been an attack on Melania by someone looking for Donald, Fox News would have been screaming for the death penalty and devising a whole plethora of conspiracy theories to link the attacker to Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden.

As an aside, is it really true that if someone committed a violent, unprovoked, life threatening act on another person they would be out of bail the next day? I don't know much about the US legal system but that seems extremely unlikely even without the political violence angle.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,279
    nico679 said:

We may have our problems in the UK but sadly the USA is in a desperate state. The hatred and division is appalling there .

Trump has unleashed a horrible genie and I’m not sure we can ever get it back into the bottle .

Trump was/is the symptom, not the cause.
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,800
    FPT and now wildly OT as well, but I'm looking forward to trying this show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7OUQ9U2qIw '1899' - from the people who made 'Dark'.

And yes, that Fox News guy is a nutter.
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812
    Pathetic security lapse.
    Britain seems to be a banana republic.
    Not sure if I blame Liz Truss, though.
    Where the hell are GCHQ?
  • CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,540
    FPT:
    ohnotnow said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

That new Black Panther movie must be absolute pants, just saw a trailer for it at the cinema which was of the actors saying how important a movie it was and how amazing - it's never a good sign when even a trailer cannot be made good, so they retreat to getting the actors to just tell us it is good.

The Peripheral on Amazon worth a watch (early days only 3 episodes released so far).
    Agreed, I've really enjoyed it so far. And it is a lot more comprehensible than the book which I found not much short of bewildering.
    I'm hopeful for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7OUQ9U2qIw '1899'. Made by the people who did 'Dark'.
    < Pedant > Looks entertaining - but they clearly didn't ask anyone who knows about liners about the designs of Kerberos or Prometheus - there was only one 4 funnel liner in 1899 and it looked nothing like those two (which appear modelled on Mauretania/Lusitania of 1906) < / Pedant >
  • TazTaz Posts: 10,703

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…
    Theresa ?

Ishmael_Z said:

A guess: MOS kicking themselves because they have had this story since the summer and were saving it up to detonate under L Truss PM.
    These Russian accounts of British terrorism are interesting.

In my view Russia is hoping that politics will take care of the US, energy prices the EU, and hope further that the UK may be vulnerable right now (which it is).
  • dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,835
    Ishmael_Z said:

Ishmael_Z said:

A guess: MOS kicking themselves because they have had this story since the summer and were saving it up to detonate under L Truss PM.
    Perhaps they were saving it up to "encourage" her into a series of wildly irresponsible, totally unfunded tax changes to benefit the owners of the Mail?
    I hope so.
  • ohnotnowohnotnow Posts: 2,800

FPT:

ohnotnow said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

That new Black Panther movie must be absolute pants, just saw a trailer for it at the cinema which was of the actors saying how important a movie it was and how amazing - it's never a good sign when even a trailer cannot be made good, so they retreat to getting the actors to just tell us it is good.

The Peripheral on Amazon worth a watch (early days only 3 episodes released so far).
    Agreed, I've really enjoyed it so far. And it is a lot more comprehensible than the book which I found not much short of bewildering.
    I'm hopeful for this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7OUQ9U2qIw '1899'. Made by the people who did 'Dark'.
    < Pedant > Looks entertaining - but they clearly didn't ask anyone who knows about liners about the designs of Kerberos or Prometheus - there was only one 4 funnel liner in 1899 and it looked nothing like those two (which appear modelled on Mauretania/Lusitania of 1906) < / Pedant >
    I am now looking forward to being able to re-pedant your pedantry to others come the time. You have done me a great service.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,709

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…
    The only new Prime Minister before the next general election who is not Sunak would be Boris.

Though I doubt this changes much, Sunak would just fire Braverman if needed and replace her with Raab and say the breach happened under his predecessor

JOHN NICOLSON M.P.
    @MrJohnNicolson
    The cross-party Culture Committee on which I sit has published a report concluding that Nadine Dorries gave us wholly inaccurate evidence when she appeared before us as Culture Secretary. Misleading parliament is serious. I have sent our report to the parliamentary authorities.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517

These Russian accounts of British terrorism are interesting.

In my view Russia is hoping that politics will take care of the US, energy prices the EU, and hope further that the UK may be vulnerable right now (which it is).

IMV Russians are playing for time. Firstly, for the wet season, where both sides are already finding the mud difficult. Secondly, for the mid-terms, where they hope the Republicans will reduce or remove US support for Ukraine. Finally, for winter, when they hope the EU will grow cold (and I fully expect them to try to help this along).

The problems for them are that those may not happen, or have the effect they hope, but also that they don't seem to have much clue about what to do even if those things happen. Expecting outside events to rescue them does not seem a war-winning strategy.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,238
    Who the F advised me to come to Iceland?

• DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,059
    HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…
    The only new Prime Minister before the next general election who is not Sunak would be Boris.

Though I doubt this changes much, Sunak would just fire Braverman if needed and replace her with Raab and say the breach happened under his predecessor
    As I was saying last night, a Truss return is underpriced. It’s going to happen.

Leon said:

Not much ice there.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 12,880
    Ishmael_Z said:

her close friend Kwasi Kwarteng

🍆💦

Top kek. Let's see the messages.
  • Ishmael_Z said:

A story that undermines Truss and Johnson?

Who benefits from that, I wonder?
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,238
    Ishmael_Z said:

Leon said:

Not much ice there.
    It’s dreich
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

As I was saying last night, a Truss return is underpriced. It’s going to happen.

It isn't, Truss got the worst poll rating of any Tory leader ever. Sunak is unlikely to go but if he did Boris would likely replace him but even Braverman Badenoch or Rees Mogg are more likely successors as Tory leaders now than Truss
  • StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 6,760
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Leon said:

HIV I think they are pretty sure it’s chimps (and probably Ebola as well)
  • TresTres Posts: 2,161

I think we can be fairly sure that if this has been an attack on Melania by someone looking for Donald, Fox News would have been screaming for the death penalty and devising a whole plethora of conspiracy theories to link the attacker to Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden.

As an aside, is it really true that if someone committed a violent, unprovoked, life threatening act on another person they would be out of bail the next day? I don't know much about the US legal system but that seems extremely unlikely even without the political violence angle.

In the US it still all depends on whether you are black or white.
  • wooliedyedwooliedyed Posts: 6,831
    edited October 2022

Ishmael_Z said:

Im not sure it does undermine them both. Johnson absolutely should have suppressed the story. You dont advertise a weakness in security during a war just because it gives good column inches.
    As for Truss, it entirely depends if she followed proper protocols
  • DJ41DJ41 Posts: 792
    edited October 2022
    Brazil: MDA poll for tomorrow's R2 in the presidential election:
    Lula 51.1%, Bolso 48.9%: Lula maj 2.2%.

MDA's previous poll (14-16 Oct):
    Lula 53.5%, Bolso 46.5% (blanks etc. discounted): Lula maj 7.0%.

But the same company had Lula on 44.2% for R1 (data collected 28-30 Sep, vote 2 Oct) and he actually got 48.4%.

Lula nearly won the whole thing in R1. He would have done if only half the voteshare of one of the candidates who placed 3rd and 4th had gone to him instead. Both of those candidates have now endorsed him. Bolsonaro needs to win a heck of a lot of middle ground to stay in office.

Five more pollsters are due to report today.

Allegations concerning cannibalism, paedophilia, and satanism have featured in this election.

The Lula campaign has dug up a 2016 interview in which Bolso said he was willing to eat human flesh. They also showed footage of him speaking at masonic lodges - which doesn't go down well among evangelical Christians. And they have referenced Bolsonaro's suggestive remarks about migrant teenage girls from Venezuela.

Bolsonaro has denied involvement in either cannibalism or paedophilia.

Meanwhile Bolsonaro's side are calling Lula a satanist who wants to shut churches down and introduce unisex toilets in state schools.

I'm not joking.

Lula and Bolso debated on TV last night. Bolso promised to raise the minimum wage. He also claimed that his own social programs have been superior to those introduced when Lula was in office. The first claim may possibly win him some votes. The second is something that few will believe.

Need to wait for today's other poll reports, including from Datafolha and PoderData.

There could be violence tomorrow or over the following days.

Lula is at 1.46 at Betfair.

ohnotnow said:

FPT:

ohnotnow said:

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

I am now looking forward to being able to re-pedant your pedantry to others come the time. You have done me a great service.
    There will be plenty more where that came from! They’re on an express liner (4 funnels - slower ships didn’t need that many furnaces) so would usually expect to cross in 6 days, not 7.
  • RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

Ishmael_Z said:

Are you suggesting Rishi's personal PR company are doing what he pays them to do?
  • Ishmael_Z said:

JOHN NICOLSON M.P.
    @MrJohnNicolson
    The cross-party Culture Committee on which I sit has published a report concluding that Nadine Dorries gave us wholly inaccurate evidence when she appeared before us as Culture Secretary. Misleading parliament is serious. I have sent our report to the parliamentary authorities.

Anything that discredits her is very welcome

I hope it is taken forward
  • Ishmael_Z said:

The British people
    It is possible I suppose that Braverman has leaked this, to make her own indiscretions look less disgraceful.

But I agree strongly with the post that says that neither the breach itself, nor this leak, are at all good for a country in a very dangerous security situation.
    DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

There’s only one thing more unlikely than a Johnson return, and that’s a Truss return.
  • Roger said:

Ishmael_Z said:

Are you suggesting Rishi's personal PR company are doing what he pays them to do?
    I think that's a question that only Francis Urquhart can adequately answer.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,183
    Leon said:

I suspect I did, but I was simply parroting your "never turn down sex or travel" line.
    Iceland has one big drawback, which is cost. If you are on expenses though, I refuse to sympathise. Even bleak can be spectacular. And there is plenty of spectacle too.
    Next Autumn, though, go to Perthshire. For the trees. Europe's New England.
    Tres said:

I think we can be fairly sure that if this has been an attack on Melania by someone looking for Donald, Fox News would have been screaming for the death penalty and devising a whole plethora of conspiracy theories to link the attacker to Nancy Pelosi or Joe Biden.

In the US it still all depends on whether you are black or white.
    Since the attacker is white, I expect “mental health” issues will be along shortly…
  • HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

It isn't, Truss got the worst poll rating of any Tory leader ever. Sunak is unlikely to go but if he did Boris would likely replace him but even Braverman Badenoch or Rees Mogg are more likely successors as Tory leaders now than Truss
    Your continuing campaign for the right wing little Englanders shows no sign of abating, nor do you seem to realise the obvious that they would destroy the conservative party and you and their supporters would join the Corbynites as a cult destined to failure
  • The Fox News clip is appalling. The trouble is the rot starts at the top.

I might have hoped Biden would try to unify. Instead, he has been as partial, if not more so, than Trump. Not a word from him to calm the nation after the Roe v Wade decision was leaked and a Supreme Court Judge saw a man charged with his attempted murder, because it didn't fit his narrative. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/09/politics/nicholas-john-roske-911-call-audio-brett-kavanaugh/index.html

There is no prospective president who looks likely to act to pull the nation together like presidents of the past as recently as George W Bush.
    Has Finland Secret just dropped?

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,957
    edited October 2022
    Suella Braverman is an utter Mark Reckless.

Suella Braverman has been accused of failing to act on legal advice that the government was illegally detaining thousands of asylum seekers. The move could cost taxpayers an expensive court action.

The home secretary received advice at least three weeks ago warning that migrants were being detained for unlawfully long periods at the Manston asylum processing centre in Ramsgate, Kent. According to five sources, Braverman, 42, was also told that the legal breach needed to be resolved urgently by rehousing the asylum seekers in alternative accommodation.

Two sources said she was also warned by officials that the Home Office had no chance of defending a legal challenge and the matter could also result in a public inquiry if exposed.

A government source said: “The government is likely to be JR’d [judicially reviewed] and it’s likely that all of them would be granted asylum, so it’s going to achieve the exact opposite of what she wants. These people could also launch a class action against us and cost the taxpayer millions.”

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/suella-braverman-ignored-advice-and-illegally-detained-asylum-seekers-ttbrtrfxp
  • CookieCookie Posts: 11,183

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

Your continuing campaign for the right wing little Englanders shows no sign of abating, nor do you seem to realise the obvious that they would destroy the conservative party and you and their supporters would join the Corbynites as a cult destined to failure
    I'm not sure I'd put Badenoch in the same bucket as Braverman or Rees Mogg on that spectrum.
  • StuartDicksonStuartDickson Posts: 12,146
    Cookie said:

Leon said:

I suspect I did, but I was simply parroting your "never turn down sex or travel" line.
    Iceland has one big drawback, which is cost. If you are on expenses though, I refuse to sympathise. Even bleak can be spectacular. And there is plenty of spectacle too.
    Next Autumn, though, go to Perthshire. For the trees. Europe's New England.
    I’m in Perthshire. The woodlands are magnificent, but unfortunately the drizzle detracts from the classic autumn atmosphere.
  • Has Finland Secret just dropped?

The Mail story?

There are people here who claim to know.

If so, how boring. The hope and hype was much kinkier than this.
    New Zulu King's coronation took place in Durban today if Charles wants any ideas for next year
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-63426528
  • Cookie said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

I'm not sure I'd put Badenoch in the same bucket as Braverman or Rees Mogg on that spectrum.
    Actually I agree but it does no alter my critique of @HYUFD who is very much of the right and regularly promotes RefUK and Farage, and even Trump
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 50,762
    DJ41 said:

But the same company had Lula on 44.2% for R1 (data collected 28-30 Sep, vote 2 Oct) and he actually got 48.4%.

Lula nearly won the whole thing in R1. He would have done if only half the voteshare of one of the candidates who placed 3rd and 4th had gone to him instead. Both of those candidates have now endorsed him. Bolsonaro needs to win a heck of a lot of middle ground to stay in office.

Allegations concerning cannibalism, paedophilia, and satanism have featured in this election.

The Lula campaign has dug up a 2016 interview in which Bolso said he was willing to eat human flesh. They also showed footage of him speaking at masonic lodges - which doesn't go down well among evangelical Christians. And they have referenced Bolsonaro's suggestive remarks about migrant teenage girls from Venezuela.

Meanwhile Bolsonaro's side are calling Lula a satanist who wants to shut churches down and introduce unisex toilets in state schools.

I'm not joking.

Lula and Bolso debated on TV last night. Bolso promised to raise the minimum wage. He also claimed that his own social programs have been superior to those introduced when Lula was in office. The first claim may possibly win him some votes. The second is something that few will believe.

Need to wait for today's other poll reports, including from Datafolha and PoderData.

Satanism, pedophilia and cannibalism? And we thought our politics was exciting?
    edited October 2022

The Fox News clip is appalling. The trouble is the rot starts at the top.

I might have hoped Biden would try to unify. Instead, he has been as partial, if not more so, than Trump. Not a word from him to calm the nation after the Roe v Wade decision was leaked and a Supreme Court Judge saw a man charged with his attempted murder, because it didn't fit his narrative. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/06/09/politics/nicholas-john-roske-911-call-audio-brett-kavanaugh/index.html

There is no prospective president who looks likely to act to pull the nation together like presidents of the past as recently as George W Bush.

Democrats hated Dubya, the last President who was able to generally unify the nation or at least be not be hated by half of it was Bush Snr. Obama came close to it when first elected but Republicans quickly hated him too
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,770

Something about the way the Pelosi story is being reported doesn't add up.

You think maybe her husband went searching for a MAGA supporter, kidnapped him, and then framed him?
    Leon said:

Looks as dull as a Volvo advert.
    edited October 2022
    DJ41 said:

I'm not joking.

Lula is appealing to progressive Catholic organisations and has met with Franciscans who endorsed him. Bolsonaro is going for the Protestant evangelical vote, attended a Pentecostal Assemblies of God conference and as a conservative Catholic is aiming to win that demographic too

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-americas/2022/10/religion-plays-central-role-in-brazilian-presidential-runoff
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

Funnily enough I had a discussion with a mate in the pub only this week about his forthcoming trip to Iceland in early December. When I queried why go in the depths of bloody winter, he warbled on about the hot springs and the night skies with the northern lights.

The Mail story?

I reckon it has to the be the Mail story myself.

Cookie said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

Actually I agree but it does no alter my critique of @HYUFD who is very much of the right and regularly promotes RefUK and Farage, and even Trump
    Don’t forget Meloni, Åkesson and Franco.
    edited October 2022

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

No, if you had bothered to read what I wrote rather than your usual rant, I actually said Sunak was unlikely to go.

I just pointed out if he did go there is zero chance of Truss replacing him
  • Cookie said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

Indeed

Cookie said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

You keep coming out with this rant but I did not vote for Truss unlike most Tory members, I voted for Sunak. I did not vote for Farage in the European elections, I voted for May's Tories but Farage won most seats anyway. I did not even vote for Brexit unlike 52% of the voters in 2016
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,080
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

I see that there’s a couple of hours of intermittent sun forecast for Tuesday afternoon, so all is not lost.

The Mail story?

Foreign governmemts attempt to hack phones all the time though, wheres the shock, horror?

Cookie said:

HYUFD said:

DougSeal said:

HYUFD said:

Foxy said:

Hurrah. OGH is back.

Nope. Next May…

Meloni currently Italian PM without me being able to vote in Italy, the Swedish government reliant on Akesson to stay in power without me being able to vote in Sweden either.

• malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,673
    dixiedean said:

Ishmael_Z said:

What does "personal" mean here?
    Not sure details of top secret negotiations should be on a personal phone.
    With these clown swho knows what is on their phones.
    “Private messages with her close friend Kwasi Kwarteng.”

I’m old enough to remember when Big G was suggesting I was foul of libel law, having recently concluded his campaign to persecute Keir Starmer’s masala.
  • DriverDriver Posts: 4,522

The Mail story?

If it is, what a let down
  • The Fox News clip is appalling. The trouble is the rot starts at the top.

The 2000 election result was much tighter than 2020.

The Mail story?

Foreign governmemts attempt to hack phones all the time though, wheres the shock, horror?
    That they succeed.

DavidL said:

Leon said:

Funnily enough I had a discussion with a mate in the pub only this week about his forthcoming trip to Iceland in early December. When I queried why go in the depths of bloody winter, he warbled on about the hot springs and the night skies with the northern lights.

Yawn.

Seen the Northern Lights lots of times. They’re ok, but have been blown way out of proportion by the marketing men.

Hot springs. Fairy nuff. But I get bored after 5 minutes.

Night skies? Any sparsely populated part of rural Scotland will do. Ideal in Wigtownshire, the Stewartry or South Uist for example.
  • MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 49,958
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

Get your arse into Reykjavik and check out some of the bars and restaurants. You're bound to pull - as a foreigner they don't need to worry about you being a second cousin....

If you go for the Northern Lights, wrap up REALLY well - and prepare for them to appear just when you have given up all hope for the night.
  • DougSealDougSeal Posts: 11,059

The Fox News clip is appalling. The trouble is the rot starts at the top.

This is…Biden’s fault!??!!!???

DavidL said:

Leon said:

Yawn.

Seen the Northern Lights lots of times. They’re ok, but have been blown way out of proportion by the marketing men.

Hot springs. Fairy nuff. But I get bored after 5 minutes.

Night skies? Any sparsely populated part of rural Scotland will do. Ideal in Wigtownshire, the Stewartry or South Uist for example.
    Is it true that if you look carefully into the northern lights you can see a city in another world? Always wondered about that.
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 38,517
    I wonder if they do a Conservative Version of Copium+ ?

https://twitter.com/saintjavelin/status/1586169902196756480

"Still feel that the Conservatives will win the next GE? Fed up with polls that show a massive loss for your party? Take some Copium+..."
    Ishmael_Z said:

The Mail story?

That they succeed.
    We know that already too. Pegasus etc
  • TimSTimS Posts: 9,153
    IanB2 said:

DavidL said:

Leon said:

I see that there’s a couple of hours of intermittent sun forecast for Tuesday afternoon, so all is not lost.
    First time I went to Iceland was in November during a similarly positive North Atlantic Oscillation phase. Still enjoyed it but the weather was foul, it scarcely got light and the prices were frightening.

Second time I visited in May with work so the cost was not an issue and the weather was dry and bright. I was interviewed in Icelandic TV news about Brexit.

DavidL said:

Leon said:

Get your arse into Reykjavik and check out some of the bars and restaurants. You're bound to pull - as a foreigner they don't need to worry about you being a second cousin....

If you go for the Northern Lights, wrap up REALLY well - and prepare for them to appear just when you have given up all hope for the night.
    Some of us (including David I believe) are happily married, so potentially pulling in bars is of zilch interest. Thank god those days are history.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,139
    DavidL said:

Leon said:

Looks nice. No nasty sun or UV.
    Astonishing to discover that Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng, as they prepared for office, met with ANDREW LILICO to be briefed on the economic situation.
This discussion has been closed.