Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

LAB YouGov lead down to 2% but Johnson trails Starmer by 7% as “best PM” – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    Good job England bat deep......
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,091

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

kyf_100 said:

OK, a crazy idea. But not much crazier than the Boris Bridge or Boris Island, or any of Boris's other pet projects.

We offer to take 500k Ukrainian refugees... and we build a city to house them. Let's call it New Kyiv, and let's put it somewhere in the red wall. Tons of new construction work, infrastructure, jobs. Levelling up. We have built "new towns" before so a completely planned new town (or two) isn't beyond the realms of possibilities. Starting with tents tomorrow, prefabs next month and real bricks and mortar by next year.

A shining example of our solidarity with our Ukrainian brothers and sisters, and even if the damn thing never gets built, it's a headline grabber for Big Dog.

Fine, just build it in the middle of central belt Scotland where Sturgeon says they love mass immigration, not the redwall
    Oh dear not happy that Scots are more discerning and imbued with more milk of human kindness than your lot.
    More simplistic racism from PB's most prejudiced and stupid poster.
    Gammon Boy cannot help himself

You posted that yesterday you silly little man. Not sure why you have put that up as it bears an uncanny resemblance to Salmond, though actually Salmond would have to lose a few pounds to be that thin and also extricate himself from Putin's arsehole.
    AFAICR he posted the one where you fuck off to a gate, climb the gate, then dream the impossible dream and fuck off further. Or summit like that.

It was quite funny. But like any joke, a slightly different angle on it, told another time, is not quite as funny. Malc can do better.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,022
    BigRich said:

MattW said:
    looking at that headline - If its possible to cut imports this year by 80% then how does it take another 8 years to cut the remaining 20% ?

I would have thought it would be very easy (if expensive) to cut gas imports in 4-5 years though a combination of LNG terminals, Fracking, new Pipes, green energy, insulation, and so on. but the problem was/is that very little of that would come on stream before next winter.
    I think it will depend on which countries. I was interested to see yesterday that whilst Germany takes some 50% of its gas from Russia, for some of he smaller Eastern European countries that is 100% . They may struggle to get the necessary infrastructure in place in a short time.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,847
    kinabalu said:

Nigelb said:

(FPT)

kinabalu said:

Nigelb said:

On the "Kirovohrad highway" in Mykolaiv Oblast, the Russian troops gunned down a shift of female teachers of an orphanage, who were going to work in a minibus, killing 3, wounding 2, reported Anna Zamazeyeva, the head of the Mykolaiv regional council.
    https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1501185101954228226

Putin says this isn't a war and I actually agree with him. "War" is to dignify it really.
    I usually shy from such comparisons, but the euphemism "special military operation" is beginning to take on shades of the darker euphemism sonderkommando.
    Well it is outside normal frames of military reference imo. There might be soldiers and uniforms involved, bombs and tanks and planes, and "geopolitical" aspects, but if you look through all of that, which I find easy to do, what you have is premeditated mass murder and grievous bodily harm and criminal damage on a massive scale. Vladimir Putin is committing a terrible crime for which mitigation is there none. For me that's closer to the essence of this than the "Russia/Ukraine" war.
    Russian casualties are beginning to show how threadbare is the official propaganda.
    Parents want to know what happened to their sons, and why.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/08/they-were-sent-as-cannon-fodder-siberian-governor-confronted-by-relatives-of-russian-unit
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,029
    kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

OK, a crazy idea. But not much crazier than the Boris Bridge or Boris Island, or any of Boris's other pet projects.

We offer to take 500k Ukrainian refugees... and we build a city to house them. Let's call it New Kyiv, and let's put it somewhere in the red wall. Tons of new construction work, infrastructure, jobs. Levelling up. We have built "new towns" before so a completely planned new town (or two) isn't beyond the realms of possibilities. Starting with tents tomorrow, prefabs next month and real bricks and mortar by next year.

A shining example of our solidarity with our Ukrainian brothers and sisters, and even if the damn thing never gets built, it's a headline grabber for Big Dog.

Too straight forward a plan for the Big Dog. It needs to be located on an artificial island in the Thames, connected to the mainland via a tunnel.
    I'm going off this "Big Dog" name for him now. The satire of it is fading fast, as it becomes clear he IS saved, leaving it looking a little too empowering and almost reverential. I'd prefer it if we tweaked it to "Big Knob".
    I'm sticking to Bozo (the clown).
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,467
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

kyf_100 said:

Fine, just build it in the middle of central belt Scotland where Sturgeon says they love mass immigration, not the redwall
    I'd build it in Surrey.
    Not in Epping? :lol:
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,208
    This just flew over my house:

https://www.flightradar24.com/CFC4221/2b105b61
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489

OllyT said:

I wonder how long Bully Bercow is going to last in the Labour Party?

Not long I suspect. He only joined them last year. Prior to that of course he was a member of the Conservative Party for 29 years and deemed fit to be selected as a Conservative MP for a decade or more
    Breaking

Bercow is administratively suspended from Labour, whatever that means
    Does it mean he does not get his subscription Re-funded?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

Too straight forward a plan for the Big Dog. It needs to be located on an artificial island in the Thames, connected to the mainland via a tunnel.
    I'm going off this "Big Dog" name for him now. The satire of it is fading fast, as it becomes clear he IS saved, leaving it looking a little too empowering and almost reverential. I'd prefer it if we tweaked it to "Big Knob".
    Will you sob if Zelensky calls him Big Dog later on?
  • Options
    Nigel_ForemainNigel_Foremain Posts: 13,791

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

kyf_100 said:

Oh dear not happy that Scots are more discerning and imbued with more milk of human kindness than your lot.

You posted that yesterday you silly little man. Not sure why you have put that up as it bears an uncanny resemblance to Salmond, though actually Salmond would have to lose a few pounds to be that thin and also extricate himself from Putin's arsehole.
    AFAICR he posted the one where you fuck off to a gate, climb the gate, then dream the impossible dream and fuck off further. Or summit like that.

It was quite funny. But like any joke, a slightly different angle on it, told another time, is not quite as funny. Malc can do better.
    He can't because he is a thick prejudiced twat who has no powers of argument and debate and just swears at people. He is PB's answer to the pub bore, only worse because he openly shows racial prejudice.
  • Options
    MISTYMISTY Posts: 1,594
    Sean_F said:

HYUFD said:

kyf_100 said:

I'd build it in Surrey.
    Nah Hampstead.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,620

BigRich said:

MattW said:
    looking at that headline - If its possible to cut imports this year by 80% then how does it take another 8 years to cut the remaining 20% ?

I would have thought it would be very easy (if expensive) to cut gas imports in 4-5 years though a combination of LNG terminals, Fracking, new Pipes, green energy, insulation, and so on. but the problem was/is that very little of that would come on stream before next winter.
    I think it will depend on which countries. I was interested to see yesterday that whilst Germany takes some 50% of its gas from Russia, for some of he smaller Eastern European countries that is 100% . They may struggle to get the necessary infrastructure in place in a short time.
    LNG import is the only way to even vaguely do this. It will have to be existing facilities - you can't build LNG facilities *that* fast. Unless they hire every welder in Boca Chica, to start with.... :-)

Not sure how this would work.... You definitely can increase imports. I can't see enough for Europe though. Not enough regasification capacity, throughput at existing facilities etc.

• Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,847

Nigelb said:

Labour's @AnnelieseDodds slams Foreign Secretary Liz Truss for twice incorrectly claiming that she sought to slow down the UK government's ability to sanction individuals.
    This comes a day after Truss incorrectly claimed the same about
    @RhonddaBryant and was forced to apologise.

https://twitter.com/AdamJSchwarz/status/1501195997866831877

Fizzy Lizzy is furious with Labour for their failure to sanction Russian Conservative Party donors? You'll need to explain that one to me in simple language I can understand. A tall order I know.
    When you're pwned by Anneliese Dodds, it's time to recognise the faux Thatcher act is over.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,347
    edited March 2022

GIN1138 said:

Has Labour's lead already peaked for this Parliament and swingback started?

SKS fans please explain!!
    And Boris leads Starmer in RedfieldWilton poll yesterday as best PM !!!!!
    That poll was from yesterday. You are HY, only selecting those polls that fit your narrative.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Johnson is trying to run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.

He makes noises about welcoming refugees while there are unaccountable delays in actually processing and receiving them. This is trying to play both to sensible people who want to see a larger number of refugees allowed into this country and also that element of the Get Brexit Done Tory voters who simply don't like foreigners.

When this has all died down he can say to both groups - see I was on your side.

There is also the massive incompetent twat theory overlay that says he is trying to do something but is simply unable to do so. It's a pretty reliable overlay for anything Johnson does, of course.

How many times does it have to be said, Topping? Never attribute to malice anything that can be equally well explained by incompetence.

Remember you have the Home Office in charge of this.
  • Options
    EssexitEssexit Posts: 1,956

@marcobreso
    Bad adventure for Matteo Salvini at the Ukrainian-Polish border:

The mayor of Przemys refused to go with him and showed the Putin t-shirt worn by the leader of the League in the European Parliament a few years ago: "No respect for you"

https://twitter.com/marcobreso/status/1501201298762485761

I'm assuming that's Przemsyl of WWI interminable siege fame? Probably the Eastern Front's closest parallel to Verdun.
  • Options

Subsequently he subjected his secretary to 'an amazing display of temper in my office, in which he ordered me to stay seated, so he was standing over me, and then threw the mobile phone right in front of me on my desk and it burst into hundreds of bits and I could feel them hitting me. It was the most violent, extraordinary display of temper….'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10589483/Bullying-ex-Speaker-John-Bercow-banned-Parliament-LIFE-appalling-treatment-staff.html

Interesting in that short clip with the article he appears to be on the verge of flying off the handle.
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,298

I know a party he could join..

During my run this afternoon, I had a cold shiver: Boris Johnson may be bad, but imagine if we had had Corbyn as PM over Covid and the Ukraine situation?

He's been awful over Covid, and instead of sending weapons to Ukraine, he'd probably find a reason to send them to Russia.

And I also see Chris Williamson's been making an idiot of himself on Twitter: calling on Zelensky to agree to all of Russia's demands.
    When moaning about Bercow just doesn't hit the spot.

Could you give me a run down on Corbyn's historical attitude to Putin and the Russia of the last 20ish years? I'm sure there's lots out there.
  • Options

BigRich said:

MattW said:

IMV this is a message, more than a belief it will happen. Basically, the EU are saying: "Dear Russia, you can try cutting off our gas supply, but it will hurt you more than it hurts us. If you want those lovely petrochemical dollars flowing into your country, how about ending your stupid little war and getting rid of the person who started it?"
  • Options

FPT:

FF43 said:
    I looked at that picture and went 'Wow'!

But on closer inspection there is something that's not quite right.

The missile is behind the middle green post but the white car it has totalled seems to be this side of it. Could it be a photo-shopped image?

I dunno.
    Jeez, and I thought the parking wardens in Camden were tough. :(
  • Options

During my run this afternoon, I had a cold shiver: Boris Johnson may be bad, but imagine if we had had Corbyn as PM over Covid and the Ukraine situation?

He's been awful over Covid, and instead of sending weapons to Ukraine, he'd probably find a reason to send them to Russia.

And I also see Chris Williamson's been making an idiot of himself on Twitter: calling on Zelensky to agree to all of Russia's demands.

Could you give me a run down on Corbyn's historical attitude to Putin and the Russia of the last 20ish years? I'm sure there's lots out there.
    The ex-leader of the SNP also has quite a lot too.
  • Options

I haven't mentioned Bercow.

0/10 trolling.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,750
    TOPPING said:

MattW said:

Interesting move:

Is that genuine? I doubt it very much - both Germany and France have recently said it's not going to happen.
    Source is Reuters.

FT says 2/3 less gas imports from Russia in one year:
    https://www.ft.com/content/eac9498f-6a36-41a9-b577-fa37c0eeab76

Flying a kite, perhaps?
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,405

BigRich said:

MattW said:

IMV this is a message, more than a belief it will happen. Basically, the EU are saying: "Dear Russia, you can try cutting off our gas supply, but it will hurt you more than it hurts us. If you want those lovely petrochemical dollars flowing into your country, how about ending your stupid little war and getting rid of the person who started it?"
    Except that's wrong. It will hurt EU consumers massively. Russia might suffer by selling to China instead but it will manage. EU consumers meanwhile will pay more and likely be subject to shortages and possible rationing.
  • Options
    Sound judgement.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    TOPPING said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

Except that's wrong. It will hurt EU consumers massively. Russia might suffer by selling to China instead but it will manage. EU consumers meanwhile will pay more and likely be subject to shortages and possible rationing.
    From what I've read, Russia won't manage.

Might be wrong, though.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

I always add Lab + Green. 45% is ok.

Quite. I usually add in LD so 52% which is low, but ok. Like many others here, I wouldn't attach much importance to opinion polls at the moment. If I deduced anything from them it would be that despite having a good war so far (Priti Patel notwithstanding) it's surprising Boris not doing better.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

I quite enjoy calling him Big Dog because it makes me think of an unruly old english sheepdog that won't stop humping your leg. Which is more or less how I see Boris.
    lol
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,620
    TOPPING said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

For gas, in particular, Russia hasn't got the pipelines or LNG shipping facilities in place to more to China. At the best of times, either takes years. With sanctions hitting imports of high end technology.....
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,148
    TOPPING said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

Russia doesn't have the infrastructure to sell to China instead.
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,367

One of the few politicians to cry foul when many were embracing Putin as an ally against Islamism and before that to be vocal in opposition to the war in Chechnya.

Messed his pants on Salisbury though. I think that cost Labour dearly.
  • Options

0/10 trolling.
    But you mentioned Corbyn which is who I asked you about. I guess that's a no on the run down then.
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

I quite enjoy calling him Big Dog because it makes me think of an unruly old english sheepdog that won't stop humping your leg. Which is more or less how I see Boris.
    He certainly leaves very large piles of poo everywhere for others to tread and/or clean up
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

That poll was from yesterday. You are HY, only selecting those polls that fit your narrative.
    I know and I was just winding @BJO up !!!
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Pensfold said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

kyf_100 said:

What's FO in Scottish?
    Fe Fi FAUX Fum
    He smells the blood of ...
  • Options
    From Bloomberg:
    @Jordanfabian
    *U.K. TO ANNOUNCE BAN ON RUSSIAN OIL IMPORTS

https://twitter.com/Jordanfabian/status/1501208595618312198
  • Options

kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

I'd be none too pleased but you have to cut him some slack atm - Zelensky, I mean, not Big Knob.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,805
    BigRich said:

MattW said:

The EU has already had an enforced cut of 40% this winter thanks to Russia restricting supplies. I'm guessing 80% is relative to the pre crisis amount. Presumably the further 40% is achievable this year by scraping every barrel there is: keeping storage topped up during the summer, switching coal power stations back on, extracting more from existing gas facilities etc. The remaining 20% requires multi year investment: new LNG ships and gas sources, solar panels etc on buildings.

Interesting speculation in this article. The gap, once all barrels have been scraped could be met by diverting Australia's LNG shipments that currently go to China.

China hasn't been a reliable partner for Australia recently with a barley embargo and steps to reduce gas shipments. It doesn't even really need Australian gas. Why not divert it to Europe instead?

https://mobile.twitter.com/M_C_Klein/status/1499042479701561344
  • Options
    John Bercow embarrassing himself on Sky with Sarah Jane Mee's interview

The sooner he is out of public life the better

Horrible person
  • Options
    MattW said:

Pensfold said:

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

HYUFD said:

kyf_100 said:

What's FO in Scottish?
    Fe Fi FAUX Fum
    He smells the blood of ...
    Very good. He certainly has the intellect of the giant in said fairytale, but I imagine he is much more diminutive. Probably about 5'5'' and very round, rather like his idol, the toady of Putin.
  • Options
    Whatever happens in Ukraine, I hope everyone keeps perspective and remembers that the only true evil is Priti Putin.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631
    TOPPING said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

Which pipeline will Russia use to sell to China? Aiui most are still in the early phases of construction.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733
    edited March 2022
    FF43 said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

The EU has already had an enforced cut of 40% this winter thanks to Russia restricting supplies. I'm guessing 80% is relative to the pre crisis amount. Presumably the further 40% is achievable this year by scraping every barrel there is: keeping storage topped up during the summer, switching coal power stations back on, extracting more from existing gas facilities etc. The remaining 20% requires multi year investment: new LNG ships and gas sources, solar panels etc on buildings.

Interesting speculation in this article. The gap, once all barrels have been scraped could be met by diverting Australia's LNG shipments that currently go to China.

China hasn't been a reliable partner for Australia recently with a barley embargo and steps to reduce gas shipments. It doesn't even really need Australian gas. Why not divert it to Europe instead?

Too expensive, surely?

I can’t imagine it would make economic sense unless gas prices stay seriously elevated, or head even higher?

Even then, surely it would be more sensible/profitable to use the ship to do the Qatar-Europe route?
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

I'd be none too pleased but you have to cut him some slack atm - Zelensky, I mean, not Big Knob.
    I think he'd be quite happy with that nickname.
  • Options

0/10 trolling.
    But you mentioned Corbyn which is who I asked you about. I guess that's a no on the run down then.
    I might suggest you re-read your first line.

Please, if you're going to troll, do a better job.
  • Options
    pingping Posts: 3,733
    Brent Crude $131
  • Options
    BigRichBigRich Posts: 3,489
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

Which pipeline will Russia use to sell to China? Aiui most are still in the early phases of construction.
    I suspect that Russia/China will have additional functioning pipes moving gas built sooner than most of Weston Europe can compliant planes for LNG terminals with the 17 environmental planning reviews and all that. but we will see.
  • Options

Imagine a double whammy of Corbyn and Trump being in charge now.....
    The utterly horrifying thing is that a few thousand votes different in 2017 and Corbyn could be in the final year of his term right about now.

Not that many votes differently in 2020 and the same with Trump too.

An incomprehensible near miss that so many voted for both of those two - twice.
  • Options
    FF43 said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

An attempt at working out the arithmetic here, in search of 1600 TWh of energy or savings:
    https://www.rechargenews.com/energy-transition/the-1-600twh-challenge-the-steps-needed-to-wean-europe-off-russian-gas/2-1-1180862

They seemed to have missed that our renewable generation should be up by a small chunk of that, perhaps 15-18 TWh, this year.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    It looks like the Moscow Exchange is still expected to open tomorrow.

Will it? I guess we'll find out.
  • Options
    FF43FF43 Posts: 15,805
    ping said:

FF43 said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

Too expensive, surely?

I can’t imagine it would make economic sense unless gas prices stay seriously elevated, or head even higher?

Even then, surely it would be more sensible/profitable to use the ship to do the Qatar-Europe route?
    He addresses that point in the article. There's plenty of headroom with current gas prices. Take your point that it would be better to divert Qatari gas than Australian but China may not play ball with that. Australia has a trade dispute with China; Qatar doesn't.
  • Options
    CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 39,960

Can you document that, as a matter of interest?
  • Options

0/10 trolling.

He is quite advanced as a Nat troll compared to one of the others on here. You have to admire the chutzpah of any Scottish Nationalist talking about Putin when their ex leader is so far up Putin's arse he is now known as the four legged dictator of Linlithgograd.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074
    MISTY said:

Imagine a double whammy of Corbyn and Trump being in charge now.....
    in 2017 Trump was in charge and Corbyn was at the pinnacle of his power and influence. The tories were wobbling on with the support of the DUP.

A much more propitious time to invade? except Putin didn't.
    Would you like to just check what Russia's foreign reserves were in 2017, and to compare them to now.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

One of the few politicians to cry foul when many were embracing Putin as an ally against Islamism and before that to be vocal in opposition to the war in Chechnya.

Indeed, suppleness of thought was not Jezza's strong point, however also quite sound on the oligarchs from early on.

In lazy cliché PB Tory world though Putin=Russia=Soviet Union=Communism=Marxism=Socialism=Jezza in a Russian hat, with barely a fag paper of nuance in between.
    Do we know how much money Labour under Jezza received from Russian oligarchs? Is it comparable with the money received by the Tories?
  • Options
    edited March 2022

0/10 trolling.

I will suggest you work out the difference between mentioning someone and directly asking about someone else.

0/10 for comprehension.
  • Options
    Carnyx said:

Can you document that, as a matter of interest?
    Where have you been? He has his own program on RT, or maybe you missed that? Along with Corbyn, Farage and a few other idiots. They knew how it looked, but they took the money and carried on participating in the propaganda nonetheless.

They, and the fools who took money from the oligarchs have blood on their hands, but no doubt you will make the exception for the person who is the prime architect of Scottish exceptionalism.
  • Options

kinabalu said:

Indeed, suppleness of thought was not Jezza's strong point, however also quite sound on the oligarchs from early on.

In lazy cliché PB Tory world though Putin=Russia=Soviet Union=Communism=Marxism=Socialism=Jezza in a Russian hat, with barely a fag paper of nuance in between.
    Do we know how much money Labour under Jezza received from Russian oligarchs? Is it comparable with the money received by the Tories?
    THE UNIONS ARE JUST LIKE THE OLIGARCHS!!

Or something.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,994
    FF43 said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

Not sure the EU are more reliable to the Australians. Didn’t they ban vaccine exporters to them?
  • Options
    Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 33,215
    22 year-old Simon (not his real name) says he went after positive signals from the UK government.

“Liz - I don't know her second name, the foreign secretary - says she supports British citizens going over to fight”.

He accepts he may be prosecuted.

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1501209371497410561/video/1
  • Options
    kyf_100 said:

kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

Hmm, ok, but this misses the essential malignity of him. Unruly randy old sheepdogs trigger a smile when they're around and tears when they're finally put down. For me, with this one, it's the dead opposite.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,439
    These photos of Macron are quite something. Would they have been released if it wasn't an election year?

Maybe I'm reading more into them than is there, due to my own feelings about Putin, but they don't seem very diplomatic.

https://twitter.com/visegrad24/status/1501203496716152841

The effect of social media on politics, international diplomacy, is fascinating. Would these photos have been released without a decade's use of the Picard facepalm?
  • Options

0/10 trolling.

I will suggest you work out the difference between mentioning someone and directly asking about someone else.

0/10 for comprehension.
    Oh, I comprehend perfectly well, thanks.

You tried one of your snide comments on the wrong target.

Or shall I ask you about your support of Salmond? ;)
  • Options

kinabalu said:

kinabalu said:

kyf_100 said:

I think he'd be quite happy with that nickname.
    Yes. Let's get back to "Johnson". It says it all.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Classic England batsman, 20 and out.
  • Options

Sound judgement.

Very similar individuals.
  • Options

0/10 trolling.

0/10 for comprehension.

What support would that be?

Do toddle off, you passive agressive twerp.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,997

Sound judgement.

The mimicking is a long-standing habit.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sound judgement.

Can you imagine doing that to a work colleague though even if you could? What a dick.
  • Options

MattW said:

FF43 said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

An attempt at working out the arithmetic here, in search of 1600 TWh of energy or savings:
    https://www.rechargenews.com/energy-transition/the-1-600twh-challenge-the-steps-needed-to-wean-europe-off-russian-gas/2-1-1180862

They seemed to have missed that our renewable generation should be up by a small chunk of that, perhaps 15-18 TWh, this year.
    My wife turning the central heating and gas fires down from 11 (SpinalTap volume, not degrees!) and my offspring turning lights off when they leave a room would be a significant start.
    And bloody Boris getting the larger Green Homes scheme restarted would be even better :smile:
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 25,029
    MaxPB said:

TOPPING said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

And the costs / routes for them are insane because Russia can't just bribe the Oligarchs directly so everything is done in long winded / over complex ways to provide sufficient opportunities for them to steal their 10% or so.

I posted a link about just that over the weekend but can't find it now.
  • Options

0/10 trolling.

0/10 for comprehension.

What support would that be?

Do toddle off, you passive agressive twerp.
    0/10 for debating skills (and spelling).
  • Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

It looks like the Moscow Exchange is still expected to open tomorrow.

Will it? I guess we'll find out.

With absolute freedom, no doubt.
    More choreographed than Strictly I would imagine.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,997

Sean_F said:

Sound judgement.

Can you imagine doing that to a work colleague though even if you could? What a dick.
    He was described as "a serial liar", too.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    edited March 2022
    Home Office must be run by GPs.

Wow!! Tory MP Tracy Crouch warns there are no available appointments at the UK’s refugee application centre in Rzeszow, Poland until….."the end of next month"
  • Options
    In the first two months of this year, we generate 7.5 pp more of our energy usage from renewables. I believe that last year was a bad year for wind, but even so, I will never not be amazed at the rate of change.
  • Options
    Wow, my smugness at buying a Tesla just hit an all time high. Did I mention I have a Tesla? That is worrying I seem to be morphing into Leon!
  • Options
    MattW said:

MattW said:

FF43 said:

BigRich said:

MattW said:

My wife turning the central heating and gas fires down from 11 (SpinalTap volume, not degrees!) and my offspring turning lights off when they leave a room would be a significant start.
    And bloody Boris getting the larger Green Homes scheme restarted would be even better :smile:
    I understand that on the 23rd March Rishi is to announce a 'Wartime' budget
  • Options
    Make sure the latest lot of self-obsessed sociopaths who just crawled out from under the ER stone don't let your tyres down.
    https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/activists-target-hundreds-cars-across-23324148

The best solution is probably a car-battery powered pump.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

Sound judgement.

He was described as "a serial liar", too.
    Johnson will be getting worried he is going to have his only "world class" status lost!.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002

Wow, my smugness at buying a Tesla just hit an all time high. Did I mention I have a Tesla? That is worrying I seem to be morphing into Leon!
    Do you have to pay for the leccy charging or is that still chucked in ?
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

I feel a song coming on, BigG, when it comes to you and Boris -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV_KkNhnitI
  • Options

In the first two months of this year, we generate 7.5 pp more of our energy usage from renewables. I believe that last year was a bad year for wind, but even so, I will never not be amazed at the rate of change.

I checked our solar energy generation yesterday for the year to March 22 and the previous year and it was only marginally higher for this year
  • Options
    United Nations bans staff from using ‘war’ or ‘invasion’ regarding Ukraine

Email on communications policy reminds staff of their responsibility to ‘be impartial’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/united-nations-bans-staff-from-using-war-or-invasion-regarding-ukraine-1.4821438
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

GIN1138 said:

I feel a song coming on, BigG, when it comes to you and Boris -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV_KkNhnitI
    As I said earlier that post was a wind up for @BJO
  • Options
    Beibheirli_CBeibheirli_C Posts: 7,981
    Whilst UK Conservatives are nowhere near as loony as US / Canadian Conservatives, it is getting to the point that I am starting to block people self-described as Conservatives on my social media accounts.

I have had all I can take of bigots, xenophobes, apologists, people obsessed with labelling everything "woke", Qanon, lizard people, Trudeau, Biden, Boris, conspiracies, mask freedom, vaccine freedom, etc, etc, etc....

I mean WTF is going on in these people's heads?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Wow!! Tory MP Tracy Crouch warns there are no available appointments at the UK’s refugee application centre in Rzeszow, Poland until….."the end of next month"

"If you have a life threatening bomb about to drop on your head please ring off and dial 999, or alternatively dial 1 for a Kalashnikov, 2 for an NLAW or 3 if you would like to be kept on hold for over an hour and then told to ring back tomorrow! These services are brought to you by The Home Office, in collaboration with the NHS and the BMA. NHS GPs, never knowingly underpaid. Thank you"
  • Options

I checked our solar energy generation yesterday for the year to March 22 and the previous year and it was only marginally higher for this year
    In February 2021, 1.85% of demand was met by solar, was 2.2% a year later, i.e. a big percent but not much change to the big picture.

Compare wind:

25.9% in February 2021 and 39.7% this year.
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,370
    Oh England…. Folding like a Russian armoured division.
  • Options

Whilst UK Conservatives are nowhere near as loony as US / Canadian Conservatives, it is getting to the point that I am starting to block people self-described as Conservatives on my social media accounts.

I have had all I can take of bigots, xenophobes, apologists, people obsessed with labelling everything "woke", Qanon, lizard people, Trudeau, Biden, Boris, conspiracies, mask freedom, vaccine freedom, etc, etc, etc....

Doesn't seem a bad idea if that's what they post on their socials. Personally I do not even stop to see their official allegiance.
  • Options

A little prejudiced. Have you not heard of Corbynistas or ever read any posts by some English hating SNP posters on here? Plenty of looney Tories, but plenty in other parties too.
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,208

United Nations bans staff from using ‘war’ or ‘invasion’ regarding Ukraine

Email on communications policy reminds staff of their responsibility to ‘be impartial’

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/united-nations-bans-staff-from-using-war-or-invasion-regarding-ukraine-1.4821438

Useless Nations.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,439
    Pulpstar said:

Taking the piss now.
  • Options
    bigglesbiggles Posts: 4,370
    edited March 2022

In February 2021, 1.85% of demand was met by solar, was 2.2% a year later, i.e. a big percent but not much change to the big picture.

Compare wind:

25.9% in February 2021 and 39.7% this year.
    I have recently concluded that everything I thought I knew about energy generation is now completely old hat (solid nuclear supply for the core load and then coal/gas to switch on and off, with wind unreliable because you can’t either control or rely on it). Energy storage, dynamic grid management at supplier level, and the efficiency of some of the renewables is just game changing. Though I am a still a big fan of nuclear, but I increasingly find the small, modular reactors the most compelling.
This discussion has been closed.