Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The last successful Tory by-election defence was in 2016 – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited November 2021 in General
imageThe last successful Tory by-election defence was in 2016 – politicalbetting.com

Here’s a political trivia question that even the most ardent PBer would struggle to answer – when and where was the last successful Tory Westminster by-election defence?

Read the full story here

Comments

• First.
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 32,739
    Latest on Andrew Bowie, under pressure from chief whip. News outlets sympathetic to the government (a short and shrinking list) confirm he is standing down in effect to make his resignation more polite... https://reaction.life/tory-mps-say-vice-chairman-of-party-has-quit-unable-to-defend-government/ https://twitter.com/iainmartin1/status/1458185519809040388/photo/1
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,407

Foxy said:

GIN1138 said:

tomfan said:

test

Hello Welcome to PB.

You've picked quite a night to join the conversation! :D
    But started with a PB classic perennial!
    Or perineal..
    Can't let this prime gag grundle its way past everyone.
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,697
    OGH very gently guiding the conversation on...
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 14,884
    kle4 said:

Foxy said:

GIN1138 said:

tomfan said:

test

Hello Welcome to PB.

Or perineal..
    Was quite alarmed once to be told I’d pulled my peroneal muscle. Turns out it’s one of the calf muscles, and nowhere near what I was thinking... :D
    edited November 2021
    It is true it hsa been awhile since a successful Tory defence. In fairness by-elections have seemed more common for non-Tories, and there's also been a sad increase in the number of deaths among Tory MPs this year, after a long period with none.

From wiki, the number of Tory by-elections as a proportion since 2010 is:

2019 - to date - 4/7
    2017-19 - 1/5
    2015-17 - 3/10
    2010-15 - 4/21 (and two of those were UKIP driven where the incumbents won)

And the trend goes further back (in fairness there were fewer of them to provoke a by-election), and its not until the 1997 parliament that there's as high a proportion of Tory defences as now.

2005-10 - 3/14
    2001-05 - 0/6
    1997-01 - 5/17
    1992-97 - 8/18
    1987-92 - 10/24
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772
    The best way to avoid losing a by-election in one of your seats is to avoid having any, and it's notable from OGH's article that there have been relatively few Tory defences over the last five years.

This is an area where, if Labour were to sharpen up their act to match the Tories, we could expect to see a further decline in the frequency of by-elections.
  • kjhkjh Posts: 10,458
    edited November 2021
    I have received a confidential* briefing from the LDs and they are obviously going for the Shropshire by election big time.

* Note the LD definition of confidential is several tens of thousand emails.
    Amusingly I see there was even 1 by-election in the Feb-Oct 1974 Parliament, otherwise the best chance to get away with none.

There used to be so many of them - 1959-64 there were 62! 27 were due to death in office, and a number of others were due to deaths of someone else pushing the incumbent into the Lords.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,712
    kjh said:

I have received a confidential* briefing from the LDs and they are obviously going for the Shropshire by electron big time.

I doubt they will win it though given Labour is also standing a candidate.

So with the anti Tory vote split it should be a Tory hold even if the Tory vote falls below 50%
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    edited November 2021
    kle4 said:

Amusingly I see there was even 1 by-election in the Feb-Oct 1974 Parliament, otherwise the best chance to get away with none.

There used to be so many of them - 1959-64 there were 62! 27 were due to death in office, and a number of others were due to deaths of someone else pushing the incumbent into the Lords.

I make it seven by elections due to the MPs taking up judicial appointments between 1959-64.

SEVEN!

Cannot imagine even one happening now.
    edited November 2021
    What is your political typology quiz?
    I got ambivalent right

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/quiz/political-typology/
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

I have received a confidential* briefing from the LDs and they are obviously going for the Shropshire by electron big time.

So with the anti Tory vote split it should be a Tory hold even if the Tory vote falls below 50%
    It will all depend upon whether they can position themselves as the challenger in the electors mind. A challenge I grant you.
  • glwglw Posts: 9,535
    Leon said:

Oh good god this is nonsense. I despise this new generation. Andrew Graham Dixon is not a fucking Nazi

"Mr Bradwell could not confirm how many complaints the union had received, but said: "It was the largest number in my time in Cambridge by an awfully long way."

"He said the union now planned to "institutionalise firm definitions of racism", including anti-black racism and anti-Semitism.

""We will create a blacklist of speakers never to be invited back, and we will share it with other unions too. Andrew will be on that list," Mr Bradwell wrote to members."

They are unable to differentiate between quoted views and actual views. They are morons

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cambridgeshire-59214397

Tho I love the use of "blacklist". That will get him cancelled for life in about 3 weeks

How thick do you have to be to not understand that sometimes people are illustrating a point by mimicking and lampooning someone?
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765
    Leon said:

Oh good god this is nonsense. I despise this new generation. Andrew Graham Dixon is not a fucking Nazi

"Mr Bradwell could not confirm how many complaints the union had received, but said: "It was the largest number in my time in Cambridge by an awfully long way."

"He said the union now planned to "institutionalise firm definitions of racism", including anti-black racism and anti-Semitism.

""We will create a blacklist of speakers never to be invited back, and we will share it with other unions too. Andrew will be on that list," Mr Bradwell wrote to members."

They are unable to differentiate between quoted views and actual views. They are morons

Tho I love the use of "blacklist". That will get him cancelled for life in about 3 weeks

It's hard to know what such people expect to derive from a degree-leval education. Plainly, they possess very low levels of intelligence, and are unteachable, since teaching involves being exposed to opinions that one may disagree with.
  • First.

Unlike Liverpool? :lol:
    Sean_F said:

It's hard to know what such people expect to derive from a degree-leval education. Plainly, they possess very low levels of intelligence, and are unteachable, since teaching involves being exposed to opinions that one may disagree with.

Exactly. They appear to be as thick as two short planks.
  • kle4 said:

Foxy said:

GIN1138 said:

tomfan said:

test

Hello Welcome to PB.

Or perineal..
    Was quite alarmed once to be told I’d pulled my peroneal muscle. Turns out it’s one of the calf muscles, and nowhere near what I was thinking... :D
    I appear to have peroneal tendinitis at the moment, although it responded well to sticking my foot in a box of ice at the weekend, and I went for an easy run this evening without any problems.
  • IshmaelZIshmaelZ Posts: 21,830
    glw said:

Sean_F said:

Exactly. They appear to be as thick as two short planks.
    Remind me which university this is?
    HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

...so did I.
    @HYUFD Did you see I referenced you in a post this morning. You will be relieved to know In a complementary way 👍
  • FarooqFarooq Posts: 10,775
    HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I got anarcho-fascist
    HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I enjoyed clicking "major problem" to people being too offended, and "major problem" to people being too offensive.
    And I wholeheartedly stand by that view. We have become an avalanche of snowflakes and edgelords.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,084
    Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I got anarcho-fascist
    Outsider Left. Apparently we’re the youngest group!
  • glw said:

Leon said:

How thick do you have to be to not understand that sometimes people are illustrating a point by mimicking and lampooning someone?
    I know. What a ridiculous concept. Someone should tell erm Cambridge Footlights and cancel, erm, Peter Cook for starters.

• Outsider Left.

First time I've ever been called left wing. 😂

A very US centric poll though.
  • GardenwalkerGardenwalker Posts: 20,812
    IDS was asked to chair a committee on post-Brexit deregulation opportunities.

Mysteriously he recommends alcohol-free hand sanitizer, after receiving 25k from a relevant manufacturer.

Can that be legal?
  • Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,785
    IanB2 said:

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I got anarcho-fascist
    Establishment Liberal.

Seems fair.
    Sean_F said:

Leon said:

It's hard to know what such people expect to derive from a degree-leval education.
    What most people expect of a degree level education - the ability to apply for entry level jobs which are screened for graduates even if they don't need to be.
    IanB2 said:

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I got anarcho-fascist
    For the avoidance of doubt, I just made up "anarcho-fascism" and now I'm googling it to see if it's even a thing.
    I was trying to find something obviously fake and contradictory but no, it seems that there are actually people who would describe themselves that way. O brave new world that has such people in't!
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,069
    Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I got anarcho-fascist
    Outsider Left, but the questions don't work outside the USA. I don't think America the greatest country in the world, but as a non-American, what do you expect?

• kjh said:

@HYUFD Did you see I referenced you in a post this morning. You will be relieved to know In a complementary way 👍

HYUFD would go well with a rich and fruity Spanish red

Outsider Left.

Yes. I gave up, not feeling able to complete it.

Mysteriously he recommends alcohol-free hand sanitizer, after receiving 25k from a relevant manufacturer.

Can that be legal?
    Does it work?

I thought it has to be 70% ethyl or isopropyl alcohol to break down viruses reliably.
  • kle4 said:

"Rather more fun facts include 1998 being the only year in UK electoral history without either any Westminster by-elections or a General Election, and the General Election years of 1992 and 2010 being the only others without any by-elections. The longest “gap” between two by-elections was the 567 days between 20th November 1997 and 10th June 1999."

https://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2019/04/21/is-it-bye-bye-to-by-elections/
    https://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2019/04/27/bye-bye-by-elections-part-2-mps-who-resigned-their-seats-and-stood-in-the-ensuing-by-election/
  • MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,603
    Foxy said:

Can that be legal?
    Does it work?

I thought it has to be 70% ethyl or isopropyl alcohol to break down viruses reliably.
    Do you think he cares? He got his money and now needs to do what they tell him to do.
    edited November 2021
    kjh said:

Thanks, have had a lot of work on today and a council meeting this evening.

Have found your post and thankyou for the comment on your thoughts on me as a councillor, much appreciated
  • BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 31,281
    edited November 2021
    HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

Blimey, if you're ambivalent I'd hate to meet somebody who was a commited conservative!

I was 'outsider left', which I am pleased to see is the youngest typology group. Yay! I'm young at heart!

Not sure this quiz really works outside the US tbh.

• GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,072
    Foxy said:

Can that be legal?
    Does it work?

Don’t ask irrelevant questions like “does it work”
    Foxy said:

Farooq said:

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I got anarcho-fascist
    Outsider Left, but the questions don't work outside the USA. I don't think America the greatest country in the world, but as a non-American, what do you expect?

Yes, although I found the question about "another country being as strong as America" surprisingly difficult. I second and third guessed myself before settling on an answer. There IS some merit to a unipolar world, and the chances of annihilation under cold war conditions were unsettlingly high.
    Ideally we'd arm Canada to the teeth and every time America gets a bit too uppity Trudeau can bat them on the heat with a rolled up newspaper.
  • SelebianSelebian Posts: 7,257

kjh said:

Red hair or red political views? I can't see HYUFD hooking up with a lefty :wink:
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 24,587
    HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

Establishment Liberal.
    kle4 said:

1271 seats contested in 1974 then? That's got to be a record, right?

kle4 said:

"Rather more fun facts include 1998 being the only year in UK electoral history without either any Westminster by-elections or a General Election, and the General Election years of 1992 and 2010 being the only others without any by-elections. The longest “gap” between two by-elections was the 567 days between 20th November 1997 and 10th June 1999."

https://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2019/04/21/is-it-bye-bye-to-by-elections/
    https://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2019/04/27/bye-bye-by-elections-part-2-mps-who-resigned-their-seats-and-stood-in-the-ensuing-by-election/
    That was some good work. You should have some more lined up.

kjh said:

Ha ha very good. I noticed the spelling mistake when it was too late to change. Thought I might get away with it.

I also posted electron instead of election earlier.

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

Blimey, if you're ambivalent I'd hate to meet somebody who was a commited conservative!

I was 'outsider left', which I am pleased to see is the youngest typology group. Yay! I'm young at heart!

In the US I would be a moderate Republican, which makes me a right of centre Conservative in the UK.

Only supporters of RefUK or JRM or IDS in the UK would make it as conservative Republicans in US terms

Outsider Left.

Struggling to comprehend how we ended up in the same category! 🤭
    Somewhat disappointed that I seem to be the only man on this site never hit upon by another man :disappointed:

glw said:

Leon said:

I know. What a ridiculous concept. Someone should tell erm Cambridge Footlights and cancel, erm, Peter Cook for starters.

Not just Peter Cook but many of the best comics ever, and not just comics of the past either. The censorious literalism that some young people seem to subscribe to is bizarre.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

I played devil's advocate on this and ended up with commited conservative.

Now looking for smelling salts.
  • RobDRobD Posts: 58,941
    Foxy said:

Can that be legal?
    Does it work?

Apparently so: https://www.eurekalert.org/news-releases/535460

Brazen is right though.
  • Outsider Left.

Struggling to comprehend how we ended up in the same category! 🤭
    Establishment Liberal. I'm not very surprised by that.
    edited November 2021
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

Thanks, have had a lot of work on today and a council meeting this evening.

Have found your post and thankyou for the comment on your thoughts on me as a councillor, much appreciated
    No problem. I objected to the thought that we are all in it for what we can get and although we disagree on a lot I thought you were a good example of someone who is committed to what you believe in and not in any way out for what you can get personally.
  • dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,279
    Looks as if Geoffery Cox has made more enemies.

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1458198773319012354

• I retook that silly American Typology test, but answering the questions as if they said Britain instead of America, Labour instead of Democrats and Conservatives instead of GOP [whom I rated at 0 first time around].

This time I got Committed Conservative instead of Outsider Left. Though its still a shitty test and in the bar charts very few of my ratings line up with "Committed Conservatives" besides how I rated the parties.
    Selebian said:

Somewhat disappointed that I seem to be the only man on this site never hit upon by another man :disappointed:

What's a nice boy like you doing in a place like this?
  • dr_spyn said:

Why is LV bid on Mail front page?

I'm perplexed.
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

In the US I would be a moderate Republican, which makes me a right of centre Conservative in the UK.

Only supporters of RefUK or JRM or IDS in the UK would make it as conservative Republicans in US terms
    Yes that's fair - once I had completed the quiz and realised how US centric it was I was no longer surprised you were deemed 'ambivalent'.

The questions seemed deeply slanted to me - framed by someone obsessed with the 'culture war'. Nothing on health care, wealth inequality, or democratic rights, yet gender fluidity, immigration, and size of government figure as individual questions.

Outsider Left.

Beats being a left outsider.

dr_spyn said:

I'm perplexed.
    According to the Mail, you should be apoplexed. But no, I don't get it either.

I mean, I was as pissed as the next man when the Yanks were planning to mess with my Dairy Milk, but insurance? It just doesn't get me that excited.
    Outside left - like George Best!
    dr_spyn said:

Isa, that's quite an aggressive front page. "Dishonourable" is a very strong word. An unwise man would consider suing.

Outside left - like George Best!

...and isn't Phil Thompson a centte- back?
  • Paging @Leon...

Eric “Spicy Nachos” Feigl-Ding
    @DrEricDing
    ·
    1h
    2) Perspective—“panic buying” of groceries & necessities has begun in mainland China [as covid] cases rising across majority of Flag of China provinces—& mostly community transmission, not travel. Cases low vs Western countries—but could rise.

Paging @Leon...

Eric “Spicy Nachos” Feigl-Ding
    @DrEricDing
    ·
    1h
    2) Perspective—“panic buying” of groceries & necessities has begun in mainland China [as covid] cases rising across majority of Flag of China provinces—& mostly community transmission, not travel. Cases low vs Western countries—but could rise.

Bloody Remainers
  • CatManCatMan Posts: 2,722
    edited November 2021
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

...so did I.
    I'm an "Establishment Liberal". I've never been more happy in my life :lol:
  • Selebian said:

"Fancy a little bit of MY, ah, gender fluids?"
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,922
    edited November 2021
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

That was some good work. You should have some more lined up.
    Thanks! I wrote those in 2019. Of course, 2020 should be added to the list of "no by-election years".
  • LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 14,772

I retook that silly American Typology test, but answering the questions as if they said Britain instead of America, Labour instead of Democrats and Conservatives instead of GOP [whom I rated at 0 first time around].

This time I got Committed Conservative instead of Outsider Left. Though its still a shitty test and in the bar charts very few of my ratings line up with "Committed Conservatives" besides how I rated the parties.

The British political tribes analysis on Electoral Calculus seems by far the best one for British politics that I have seen.

I wonder if we could come up with anything better here, and if we could create an unusual and interesting set of questions for it?

I'm wondering if you could define a set of British political archetypes using MPs, and then give people a set of quotes from Hansard and ask them if they agree or disagree, so that you could tell people how close their politics was to the archetypal MPs.
    https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/09/iain-duncan-smith-accused-of-brazen-conflict-of-interest-over-25000-job

Rayner's asking the right questions here:
    Did this MP declare an interest when these matters were discussed and reported on by the taskforce? Why is the prime minister failing to act over these glaring conflicts of interest?

Looking forward to hearing about why we don't need to be worried by this. Prima facie this is troubling.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    MaxPB said:

Foxy said:

Can that be legal?
    Does it work?

Do you think he cares? He got his money and now needs to do what they tell him to do.
    Iain Duncan Smith is facing questions over his £25,000-a-year second job advising kickbacks, working a grift on behalf of a multimillion-pound hand sanitiser company.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,255
    I am "ambivalent Right". An anti-Trump moderate Republican who hates Woke

Sounds exactly right (if I were American). So it works
    edited November 2021
    Farooq said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/nov/09/iain-duncan-smith-accused-of-brazen-conflict-of-interest-over-25000-job

Rayner's asking the right questions here:
    Did this MP declare an interest when these matters were discussed and reported on by the taskforce? Why is the prime minister failing to act over these glaring conflicts of interest?

Looking forward to hearing about why we don't need to be worried by this. Prima facie this is troubling.

Yes, she is really good on this issue. It's not just a pantomime to her.
  • rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,771
    kle4 said:

Andy_JS said:

Sherelle Jacobs is probably my favourite journalist at the moment. Couldn't agree more with this.

"After 11 years of Tory rule, Britain is still run by a hypocritical Blairite elite
    The quangos and BBC continue to be dominated by a soft-Left establishment that the PM is too scared to tame
    Sherelle Jacobs"

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2021/11/08/11-years-tory-rule-britain-still-run-hypocritical-blairite-elite/

Can't say I think that altogether convincing. 'Establishment' being blamed for things is generally pretty woolly.
    It's always the Establishment's fault. All that changes is who the Establishment is.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 46,255
    Sean_F said:

Leon said:

They are genuinely stupid. Also terrified of being singled out as different. But also just fucking dumb

That is to say, we have bred a generation of properly stupid people. IQs are falling across the world (the so called Reverse Flynn Effect) this is that tendency finally revealing itself, in our education system

Add in the drop in testosterone levels and the decline in sperm counts and you have to wonder:

1. if Gaia has just decided to kill off humans

2. What year the Chinese will just walk all over us (before their own low birthrates kill them as well)?

3. Who the hell my mid-teen daughters might marry, who might not be an effete imbecile. There won't be much choice
    Stereodog said:

Foxy said:

Selebian said:

What's a nice boy like you doing in a place like this?
    I've been married to a another man for 7 years. So it's been about 8 years since I've been hit on 😉
    About 3 decades for me! But being young and better looking in Eighties London it was quite frequent. Not hard to brush off though.
  • Selebian said:

dr_spyn said:

I'm perplexed.
    According to the Mail, you should be apoplexed. But no, I don't get it either.

I mean, I was as pissed as the next man when the Yanks were planning to mess with my Dairy Milk, but insurance? It just doesn't get me that excited.
    According to Wikipedia, it's owned by Allianz anyway.
  • Pulpstar said:

MaxPB said:

Foxy said:

Can that be legal?
    Does it work?

Iain Duncan Smith is facing questions over his £25,000-a-year second job advising kickbacks, working a grift on behalf of a multimillion-pound hand sanitiser company.
    Reminds me of how in the old sitcom "Frazier" his brother Niles was married to a urinal-cake heiress.
    RobD said:

Pulpstar said:

MaxPB said:

Foxy said:

Can that be legal?
    Does it work?

Will that company soon be washing their hands of him?
    Yes, it is turning into a bit of a soap opera.
  • bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 7,168
    Will 5 candidates competing for the fringe right-wing vote (UKIP, CPA, Heritage, English Democrats, Reform UK) make a difference in Bexley, or will Tice manage to hoover up the right-leaning protest votes and make any impact?
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 61,575

kle4 said:

I make it seven by elections due to the MPs taking up judicial appointments between 1959-64.

SEVEN!

Cannot imagine even one happening now.
    You're saying they're all still sitting ?
    edited November 2021

Will 5 candidates competing for the fringe right-wing vote (UKIP, CPA, Heritage, English Democrats, Reform UK) make a difference in Bexley, or will Tice manage to hoover up the right-leaning protest votes and make any impact?

Maybe 10% between them on a good day. Both look like safe Tory holds, though Shropshire could be interesting.

HYUFD said:

I got ambivalent right

Establishment Liberal.
    Democratic Mainstay... whatever that means.
    GOP Congressman creates animation of himself killing AOC and posts it to Instagram:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/politics/gosar-anime-video-violence-ocasio-cortez-biden/index.html
    HYUFD said:

kjh said:

Agreed. But still worth fighting. With 3 by-elections in short succession, this is the one to go for. A good campaign keeps the party motivated, keeps the by-election machine well oiled, and expectations are so low that a second place is still going to look like a good result and get some publicity.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,282
    I think the LDs will get very close in North Shropshire, if not actually win it. Tories should hold Bexley with Richard Tice doing better than expected.
  • Andy_JS said:

I think the LDs will get very close in North Shropshire, if not actually win it. Tories should hold Bexley with Richard Tice doing better than expected.

FWIW, my guts have a feeling about N Shropshire and Liberals. Johnson is due a kick even from his owns supporters just to remind him he needs to up his game if nothing else.

I'm on at 4.5, which is not brilliant but will do.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 26,282
    rcs1000 said:

GOP Congressman creates animation of himself killing AOC and posts it to Instagram:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/09/politics/gosar-anime-video-violence-ocasio-cortez-biden/index.html

His district must be pretty right-wing to give him a 70% to 30% margin at the last election.

Heritage managed 4th, albeit with only 1.6%, but were ahead of Reform UK in the Hartlepool by-election.

But Reform UK got nearly twice the Heritage vote in the London Assembly election... but the CPA beat both of them.

It was Eng Dem over UKIP over CPA over, in last place, Heritage in Batley & Spen.

There is no pattern here... but I do wonder whether Kurten might do better and Tice worse than we're expecting.
    rcs1000 said:

I think someone else created it; the Congressman just posted it. This doesn't make it much better...
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,618
    Outsider Left on @hyufd ‘s quiz. But as @Philip_Thompson says it’s so heavily skewed to the US that I’m not sure how useful it is here.

rcs1000 said:

I think someone else created it; the Congressman just posted it. This doesn't make it much better...
    He's friends with Tommy Robinson. Quelle surprise.

Outsider Left on @hyufd ‘s quiz. But as @Philip_Thompson says it’s so heavily skewed to the US that I’m not sure how useful it is here.

As am I, as is @Foxy and @Philip_Thompson.

• AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 19,618

I retook that silly American Typology test, but answering the questions as if they said Britain instead of America, Labour instead of Democrats and Conservatives instead of GOP [whom I rated at 0 first time around].

Yeah, it’s a very blunt instrument I think.
This discussion has been closed.