Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    Ave_itAve_it Posts: 2,411

Ave_it said:

Foxy said:

Ave_it said:

We are officially in a recession.

Rishi will sort it out!
    The Nigel Pearson of the Conservative Party.
    Does he punch a lot of MPs?
    It was a prediction, I was thinking more on the lines of, on the cusp of saving his team he got fired by his boss.

I rate Nige. He was the brains behind Robson's "Great Escape" at the Baggies. I also thought it might get a reaction from Ave it.
    Ave it no longer concerns himself with football and has now risen to the higher level of tiddlywinks
    Watford didn't concern themselves with football for the duration of the 2019/20 season either.
    :rage:
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Is there a market for what name Trump gives to KH ?

Sleepy Joe and ...

Phony Kamala apparently.
    Doesn't seem to match the target.

Sleepy Joe and Nurse Ratched would target both well I think.
  • Options

That's actually a reasonably sensible suggestion.

It gives pupils a choice and a responsibility.

The alternative is 'I want, I want, I want' which does them no good in the medium or long term.
    It sounds sensible, but it really doesn't work.

The killer problem is that a lot of schools will have used the 2019 exams for their final rounds of mocks. They look real, they've been assembled by exam boards, they have realistic grade boundaries. Exam boards help by keeping the most recent set of exams secure for 12 months after the exams have been sat.

Trouble is that the security is a bit leaky. If you go to the right websites, you can get a pretty shrewd idea of the contents of the exam, and often the complete paper and mark schemes. So every year, some kids locate the paper, memorise the mark scheme and massively overperform on their mock exams. It's cheating, but in a normal year, they're only cheating themselves, so there's a limit to what it's worth schools doing about this and how do you prove it anyway? (Though one hellish year, it got so blatant that we went through changing the numbers in all the physics calculations. Took ages, but it worked).

So if this proposal survives beyond the start of the Lorraine show tomorrow, I'd be very surprised. Because otherwise, some very undeserving kids are going to be entitled to A*. It seems like an feverish idea dreamt up by someone who has heard of mock exams, but not had to sit or set them.
  • Options
    eristdooferistdoof Posts: 4,881

Sleepy Joe and ...

Sleepy Joe and Camel Toe

God I hope no-one in the Whitehouse reads this forum!
  • Options
    SNP support soars.

Well done Johnson, you've fucked the Union
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,955

SNP support soars.

Care to share the poll?
  • Options
    Independence: 53%

Sturgeon rating up 45 points.

The SNP would win a majority at the next Scottish elections.

How on Earth could you turn down a referendum?
  • Options

SNP support soars.

Good news England and Wales only Parliament soon

CON maj guaranteed all the time just like pre 1707
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

Has anyone on this site voted for Layla? :lol:

She got them on their knees, Layla!
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,835

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

It's a fucking pandemic. Of course it's devastating.

If there weren't these job losses, you'd be screaming that the government was making mountains of molehills.

Question: what would you have done differently to what Rishi Sunak has done to mitigate the hardship? I'm guessing "nothing much", because that is what we are hearing from the Labour Party. Nothing much.
    Expected would have been a better word to use to describe it. How the recovery is handled is crucial.
    Very true. However the scale of devastation makes a solid recovery by 2024 a very tough ask.

By the way how is that trade deal with the EU coming along? Oh and Japan, cheese anyone?
    The pandemic is also going to bring about structural changes in working patterns, which might otherwise have been seen over a decade or two. There’s probably a decade’s worth of economic rebalancing that needs to happen, but for most people their quality of life will look more positive than the raw GDP statistics will indicate.
    The quality of life vs GDP trade-off will be fascinating.
    The best example is probably the government trying to get people to start commuting into London again, when all indications are that most people would rather not buy the £5k season tickets and hundreds of £3 coffees every year, when they can buy a £500 coffee machine and have the milkman leave an extra pint in the morning. Oh, and the extra three or four hours a day they now have back in their lives to see their kids grow up.

Most companies will likely end up with something of a hybrid system, with teams meeting up for three or four days a month and WFH otherwise - which will see people move further away from ‘work’, and see a rebalancing of the economy away from London over time.

I suspect the net result will be a drop in GDP, but for everyone except the train companies and coffee shops, life is measurably better.
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/KieranPAndrews/status/1293308542632566785

Keir is also positive in Scotland, Johnson is very, very negative.
  • Options

That's actually a reasonably sensible suggestion.

It gives pupils a choice and a responsibility.

The alternative is 'I want, I want, I want' which does them no good in the medium or long term.
    It sounds sensible, but it really doesn't work.

The killer problem is that a lot of schools will have used the 2019 exams for their final rounds of mocks. They look real, they've been assembled by exam boards, they have realistic grade boundaries. Exam boards help by keeping the most recent set of exams secure for 12 months after the exams have been sat.

Trouble is that the security is a bit leaky. If you go to the right websites, you can get a pretty shrewd idea of the contents of the exam, and often the complete paper and mark schemes. So every year, some kids locate the paper, memorise the mark scheme and massively overperform on their mock exams. It's cheating, but in a normal year, they're only cheating themselves, so there's a limit to what it's worth schools doing about this and how do you prove it anyway? (Though one hellish year, it got so blatant that we went through changing the numbers in all the physics calculations. Took ages, but it worked).

So if this proposal survives beyond the start of the Lorraine show tomorrow, I'd be very surprised. Because otherwise, some very undeserving kids are going to be entitled to A*. It seems like an feverish idea dreamt up by someone who has heard of mock exams, but not had to sit or set them.
    The mock exam cheats will still lose out - only further along the line where it will damage them more.
  • Options

Thanks!
  • Options
    Johnson has completely fucked the country I love with his moronic ignorance and complete inability to offer the Scottish people anything.

If they become Independent I will consider a Scottish passport, due to Scottish ancestry
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 39,952

The PB Scotch experts' record remains unsullied, it's almost as consistent as the SNP (related contingency obvs).
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/1293310152729403393

If the SNP win a majority, how can anyone seriously turn down a second Indy referendum.
  • Options
    Keir ratings in Scotland are a good sign Labour has the ability to make some limited progress there, if Scotland doesn't leave first
  • Options
    kinabalukinabalu Posts: 39,079

If there weren't these job losses, you'd be screaming that the government was making mountains of molehills.

Question: what would you have done differently to what Rishi Sunak has done to mitigate the hardship? I'm guessing "nothing much", because that is what we are hearing from the Labour Party. Nothing much.
    Sometimes life is unfair, sometimes incumbency is unfair.
    Yep. It's the Tory virus I'm afraid. It's happened on their watch.
  • Options

Johnson has completely fucked the country I love with his moronic ignorance and complete inability to offer the Scottish people anything.

If they become Independent I will consider a Scottish passport, due to Scottish ancestry

Wait, we were told devolution would kill nationalism stone dead.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Expected would have been a better word to use to describe it. How the recovery is handled is crucial.
    Very true. However the scale of devastation makes a solid recovery by 2024 a very tough ask.

By the way how is that trade deal with the EU coming along? Oh and Japan, cheese anyone?
    The pandemic is also going to bring about structural changes in working patterns, which might otherwise have been seen over a decade or two. There’s probably a decade’s worth of economic rebalancing that needs to happen, but for most people their quality of life will look more positive than the raw GDP statistics will indicate.
    The best example is probably the government trying to get people to start commuting into London again, when all indications are that most people would rather not buy the £5k season tickets and hundreds of £3 coffees every year, when they can buy a £500 coffee machine and have the milkman leave an extra pint in the morning. Oh, and the extra three or four hours a day they now have back in their lives to see their kids grow up.

Most companies will likely end up with something of a hybrid system, with teams meeting up for three or four days a month and WFH otherwise - which will see people move further away from ‘work’, and see a rebalancing of the economy away from London over time.

I suspect the net result will be a drop in GDP, but for everyone except the train companies and coffee shops, life is measurably better.
    Who the fck has a £500 coffee machine ???
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 27,929

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

... who gives a crap what he comes up with ?
    The names have been pretty effective so far.

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Sleepy Joe doesn't sèem to be.
    Personally "sleepy", as in quiet, peaceful and untroubled, and "Joe" as in ordinary.
    They sound very attractive adjectives to me in times such as these.
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,036
    Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Ave_it said:

Rishi will sort it out!
    It was a prediction, I was thinking more on the lines of, on the cusp of saving his team he got fired by his boss.

I rate Nige. He was the brains behind Robson's "Great Escape" at the Baggies. I also thought it might get a reaction from Ave it.
    Are you an Ostrich?

Big Nige would never need to pay for drinks in Leicester. A legend here, and despite his sacking for the racist sex orgy still on good terms with our owners.
    Masterminding the Great Escape was the pinnacle of Nige's career.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 44,491

Unfortunately my Scottish diaspora ancestors left too long ago.

Sindy is inevitable now, really just a matter of timing and how acrimonious. The countries of the UK are on such diverging paths.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Wait, we were told devolution would kill nationalism stone dead.
    Independence will always be popular in Scotland until they work out that they will have to pay their own bills! :lol:
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,311

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Schtick gets old.
    Trump’s more than most.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,148

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

People with more money than sense, when you could have this instead - https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-induction-stovetop-stainless-steel-6-cup-espresso-coffee-maker-300ml/p4053266.
  • Options
    dodradedodrade Posts: 595

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/1293310152729403393

If the SNP win a majority, how can anyone seriously turn down a second Indy referendum.

Its a reserved matter and a Tory manifesto commitment not to have one, plus the end of Boris's career if he loses.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Phony Kamala apparently.
    Doesn't seem to match the target.

Sleepy Joe and Nurse Ratched would target both well I think.
    The latter is way too cerebral for Trump's target audience.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,001
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Immediate effect: Bye bye VAT. 2-5 years: after the recession clearout, firms will dock wages to claw back what they pay you to buy the £5k season ticket (especially if the QE causes inflation). 5-10 years: why pay people to work from Bradford when you can pay them to work from Brașov. So, plenty of people will lose out from all that, especially anyone who is not a net taxpayer.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,935
    Harris will not do much for Biden electorally but I suppose would be capable enough to succeed him as President if needed
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

I do. I like good coffee. My current one is two years old and is as good as new. The one before that was given to me by a friend as a hand-me-down and I got an extra 12 years of life out of it. I very rarely go to a coffee shop, so I spend much less on coffee than Caffe Nero regulars.
  • Options

Foxy said:

Foxy said:

Ave_it said:

Rishi will sort it out!

Are you an Ostrich?

Big Nige would never need to pay for drinks in Leicester. A legend here, and despite his sacking for the racist sex orgy still on good terms with our owners.
    Masterminding the Great Escape was the pinnacle of Nige's career.
    The key there was not playing too defensively, and Cambiasso hitting form.
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Sleepy Joe doesn't sèem to be.
    Personally "sleepy", as in quiet, peaceful and untroubled, and "Joe" as in ordinary.
    They sound very attractive adjectives to me in times such as these.
    Well Biden does look like someone who should be spending his time sitting in his garden or watching Bob Ross.

I suppose Trump thinks his own 'dynamism' makes a preferable contrast.
  • Options
    Ave_it said:

SNP support soars.

That being so, I'm dusting down my Free Wales Army paintbrush and green paint!
  • Options

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Personally I think the statistics will prove to be more positive than reality. I suspect technically we will be well out of recession by this time next year but on the ground aspirational types will be having their houses and cars repossessed, through circumstances that are out of their control.
    I think that government will provide huge support to banks, to avoid home repossessions in the majority of circumstances, probably until the next election.

Car finance, on the other hand, has been a massive bubble waiting to burst for a while now, with increasing financial trickery used to get monthly repayments down as low as possible on otherwise unaffordable vehicles. There will almost certainly be huge losses there.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

People with more money than sense, when you could have this instead - https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-partners-induction-stovetop-stainless-steel-6-cup-espresso-coffee-maker-300ml/p4053266.
    I prefer Nescafe instant, £3.35 at Waitrose.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

The PB Scotch experts' record remains unsullied, it's almost as consistent as the SNP (related contingency obvs).
    Just checking. Would 57% SNP be Peak-SNP do you think?
  • Options
    Is God happy or angry at the Times poll?

https://twitter.com/JMBEuansSon/status/1293311879671091210?s=20
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Personally I think the statistics will prove to be more positive than reality. I suspect technically we will be well out of recession by this time next year but on the ground aspirational types will be having their houses and cars repossessed, through circumstances that are out of their control.
    I think that government will provide huge support to banks, to avoid home repossessions in the majority of circumstances, probably until the next election.

Car finance, on the other hand, has been a massive bubble waiting to burst for a while now, with increasing financial trickery used to get monthly repayments down as low as possible on otherwise unaffordable vehicles. There will almost certainly be huge losses there.
    Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling say hi!
  • Options

As Westminster has to approve and there is a Tory majority which won on a promise of no indyref2 for a generation which it will stick too, plus including Don't Knows Yes still not over 50%
  • Options

Ave_it said:

SNP support soars.

That being so, I'm dusting down my Free Wales Army paintbrush and green paint!
    I like Wales

I have also been to Scotland
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,606
    eristdoof said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

I do. I like good coffee. My current one is two years old and is as good as new. The one before that was given to me by a friend as a hand-me-down and I got an extra 12 years of life out of it. I very rarely go to a coffee shop, so I spend much less on coffee than Caffe Nero regulars.
    This is PB, if you're not having instant coffee then you're an elitist.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

I think one of the divisions in the modern world is that between those who go to coffee shops and those who don't.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

If you make coffee at home once a day, maybe, but my "non-espresso" coffee method of choice is the air-press of the cafetiere.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Mmm. Anybody agog about this is collaborating with him. It should not be discussed by anybody apart from those who - either secretly or overtly - want him to win.
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

eristdoof said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

This is PB, if you're not having instant coffee then you're an elitist.
    I've been called worse on this forum.
  • Options
    Imagine being an SNP politician trying to convince your colleagues that there needs to be an urgent change in leadership.

Just imagine.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Schtick gets old.
    Trump’s more than most.
    To be fair, Nigelb, Trump's Schtick is not aimed at getting your vote.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

I do! It’s great, put beans in the top and milk in the side, hit the button and Hey Presto!

I work mostly from home, it pays for itself pretty quickly when compared to Starbucks prices. The marginal cost is about 20p a mug.

(We bought it with cash we were given as wedding presents, so didn’t really buy it ourselves. Difficult to go back to instant now through!)
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,001
    HYUFD said:

Harris will not do much for Biden electorally but I suppose would be capable enough to succeed him as President if needed

I'm sure he is unusually aware of the importance of this role. People seem to know he has a history of personal loss, but not sure it is always made clear: lost his wife and daughter just before the Christmas just after he was elected Senator at age 29; lost his elder son while in the White House; and he believes that his 1988 brain aneurysms would have killed him had he still been a candidate, instead of merely hospitalising him for half a year.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

I feel the hurdle of Yes being over 50% including don't knows is within their sights.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Stainless steel? Also, you need a £40-50 grinder for that unless you want to get dusty pre-groubd stuff and woe betide anyone who wants a latte, cappuccino or cortissimo having to fumble around with heating up milk.

If you're going to look down on people, at least do it properly and don't recommend a stainless steel ill-shaped cafetiere.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

If you make coffee at home once a day, maybe, but my "non-espresso" coffee method of choice is the air-press of the cafetiere.
    No, just get a Nespresso machine. Easy, and the pods don't go stale. Possibly the greatest device ever made.

I do have a Bialetti Moka pot for camping.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

No, just get a Nespresso machine. Easy, and the pods don't go stale. Possibly the greatest device ever made.

I used to have one of those at work. The amount of rubbish they generate is obscene.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Yes, Nespresso is great. At 35-40p per cup it's incredible value too.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

I used to have one of those at work. The amount of rubbish they generate is obscene.
    The pods are recycled. Being sealed keeps all the aromatic compounds in, and the temperature is never so hot as to make the coffee bitter.
  • Options
    kinabalu said:

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Mmm. Anybody agog about this is collaborating with him. It should not be discussed by anybody apart from those who - either secretly or overtly - want him to win.
    Quite.
    The fat orange fart has taken up quite enough headspace already.
  • Options
    EPG said:

HYUFD said:

I'm sure he is unusually aware of the importance of this role. People seem to know he has a history of personal loss, but not sure it is always made clear: lost his wife and daughter just before the Christmas just after he was elected Senator at age 29; lost his elder son while in the White House; and he believes that his 1988 brain aneurysms would have killed him had he still been a candidate, instead of merely hospitalising him for half a year.
    What a resilient guy.

Trump is toast.
  • Options
    Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Schtick gets old.
    Trump’s more than most.
    But its perhaps not wise to show that its aggravating you more than most.

Which is the type of weakness Trump preys upon.
  • Options

Alistair said:

I feel the hurdle of Yes being over 50% including don't knows is within their sights.
    A statement made in court by Mandy Rice Davies springs to mind.

Although the longer Johnson remains PM the more likely you are to be proved correct.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Schtick gets old.
    Trump’s more than most.
    Fair point, but it seems to be getting old with a fair proportion if his own party, too.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

RobD said:

Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

The pods are recycled. Being sealed keeps all the aromatic compounds in, and the temperature is never so hot as to make the coffee bitter.
    The corporate ones use different pods, I'm not sure if they can be recycled. The coffee is also less good, we switched to a good consumer machine in our department and a filter machine with some amazing Pact coffee.
  • Options
    On in
    Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Nespresso makes shite coffee though.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

On in

Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Nespresso makes shite coffee though.
    No it doesn't. It makes better coffee than 90% of the dreck beans you can get in supermarkets.
  • Options
    GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,077
    edited August 2020
    The Union is dead. I can’t see Scotland swinging against independence any time soon.

Well done lads.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Schtick gets old.
    Trump’s more than most.
    It must be wearing thin to almost all except for the most enthusiastic disciples. Granted there are still very many of them.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

RobD said:

Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

With Nespresso, Nespresso chooses what coffee goes into the pod. With any other type of coffeemaker you can choose: Morrison's own brand or beans from the Kenyan foothills roasted today at your local independent coffee roasters. Or even coffee bean shitted out by a civit.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    It’s alright - holding cabinet meetings in Scotland will soon sort that out. Nee bother.
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,148
    MaxPB said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

Stainless steel? Also, you need a £40-50 grinder for that unless you want to get dusty pre-groubd stuff and woe betide anyone who wants a latte, cappuccino or cortissimo having to fumble around with heating up milk.

If you're going to look down on people, at least do it properly and don't recommend a stainless steel ill-shaped cafetiere.
    I am not looking down on anyone. A good cafetière makes very good coffee. I have an Italian one handed down from my mother. No idea whether this JL version is any good but I really don’t think it necessary to pay £500 for a coffee machine. As for heating up milk, I would assume that most people have a small pan in their kitchen.

It really is not necessary to spend vast amounts of money on machines in the kitchen to make good coffee.
  • Options

The Union is dead. I can’t see Scotland swinging against independence any time soon.

Well done lads.

The tragedy is the break up will occur after its architect has left office and is earning squillions on the after dinner speaking circuit. The history books will apportion blame to his successors irrespective of stripe.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Foxy said:

RobD said:

Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

With Nespresso, Nespresso chooses what coffee goes into the pod. With any other type of coffeemaker you can choose: Morrison's own brand or beans from the Kenyan foothills roasted today at your local independent coffee roasters. Or even coffee bean shitted out by a civit.
    You can buy all sorts of aftermarket nespresso compatible pods can you not?
  • Options
    This year old profile of Harris is still quite good.
    https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2019/07/22/kamala-harris-makes-her-case
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Wow, Thanks for posting, I didn't know that.
  • Options
    eristdoof said:

Foxy said:

RobD said:

Foxy said:

eristdoof said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

That's why the double approach is best, a filter machine and a Nespresso machine. I've been buying my beans from Hasbean for years, but when I can't be bothered with it I just stick a Nespresso pod in.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Nigelb said:

Nigelb said:

Sleepy Joe and ...

Schtick gets old.
    Trump’s more than most.
    But its perhaps not wise to show that its aggravating you more than most.

Which is the type of weakness Trump preys upon.
    Done me no harm thus far, and I’m looking forward to a decent profit when he gets ejected from office.

How about you ?
  • Options

Well done lads.

The tragedy is the break up will occur after its architect has left office and is earning squillions on the after dinner speaking circuit. The history books will apportion blame to his successors irrespective of stripe.
    I’m not so sure. Historians will be studying the causes for a long time. An example is that the Treaty of Versailles is seen as major cause of WW2 despite being 20 years prior.

Johnson and Brexit will be blamed for Scottish Independence regardless of whether the actual event happens under Labour in the long term, in my opinion.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Cyclefree said:

MaxPB said:

Cyclefree said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

RobD said:

I am not looking down on anyone. A good cafetière makes very good coffee. I have an Italian one handed down from my mother. No idea whether this JL version is any good but I really don’t think it necessary to pay £500 for a coffee machine. As for heating up milk, I would assume that most people have a small pan in their kitchen.

It really is not necessary to spend vast amounts of money on machines in the kitchen to make good coffee.
    Of course it is not necessary.
    I bet you have spent over 500 pounds on something in the last two years that I would consider an unnecessary amount of money. Running a car costs more than that, which for me is unnecessary.

I have tried very many different ways of making cofee, and I find a good quality bean to cup espresso machine the best for me. By a long way better than a Moka.

• Options

Well done lads.

Still fewer than 50% back Yes, a long way to go yet and Boris has ruled out indyref2 while he is PM
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Well done lads.

Still fewer than 50% back Yes, a long way to go yet and Boris has ruled out indyref2 while he is PM
    Wut, it's 53% is it not
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,609
    edited August 2020

Pretty easily really. Especially if Sindy looks like winning, the temptation to do so would probably be higher. It wouldn't help in stemming the support for Sindy of course, morally the case is already there and certainly would be with that level of support, but Boris could kick it beyond 2024. He's wreckless enough.

It does seem unlikely. True or not people believe Scotland is fundamentally different in values, and no one seems popular enough to dent the SNP, and you need to be popular to take advantage of when the SNP do mess up.

I'd be far from confident of the Union winning, but frankly the best chance is probably do it in the short term rather than the medium.
  • Options

Well done lads.

I’m not so sure. Historians will be studying the causes for a long time. An example is that the Treaty of Versailles is seen as major cause of WW2 despite being 20 years prior.

Johnson and Brexit will be blamed for Scottish Independence regardless of whether the actual event happens under Labour in the long term, in my opinion.
    I hope you are right.

If legacy is what he craves, he won't be disappointed, he will certainly leave a legacy!
  • Options

It’s alright - holding cabinet meetings in Scotland will soon sort that out. Nee bother.
    They're currently working out if they can fit 'We Luv U Jocks' on the underside of a Spitfire.
  • Options
    Changes relative to a year ago, no? It says so right in the article.
This discussion has been closed.